Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-338 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 338 Tuesday, 10 December 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: Atlanta show, Dec. 8 re: TMBG: Mainstreamlining TMBG: superCHARGED freaksicle??? TMBG: Atlanta show;) TMBG: SHEER LUCK!!! ROCHESTER SHOW!!!!!! Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" Re: TMBG: I can just barely hear you... Re: Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" (none) TMBG: so I rolled down the window and said," Hello, Mr. Scrooge!!" EXTREME Non-TMBG: Overpopulation TMBG: NEW COMPILATION INFO Re: EXTREME Non-TMBG: Overpopulation Re: TMBG: Encores and Set Lists TMBG: we've got a world that swings TMBG: Superfueled Freaksicle TMBG: text from the restless website everybody is talkin' about Re: Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" TMBG: you're a cold one, Mr Grinch TMBG: so which is it? Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" Re: Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" Re: EXTREME Non-TMBG: Overpopulation Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" TMBG: SuperFueled(Charged) vs. Then -- the breakdown Re: TMBG: Linnell on WBER?!!?!?! Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" Re: TMBG: you're a cold one, Mr Grinch TMBG: BOBA MAIL: Cover compilation/New Address Re: TMBG: Is Hot Cha gay? TMBG: Gay marriages and kids w/cancer TMBG: What do Alanis and TMBG have in common TMBG: Re: Encores and Set Lists TMBG: "in the room women come and go" TMBG: Unforgotten Re: TMBG: "in the room women come and go" Re: Totally Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Homozygous!" Re: TMBG: Atlanta show: the blonde TMBG: Input -=> Output TMBG: a request for order TMBG: upcoming concerts Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "What's the deal?!" Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: Atlanta show, Dec. 8 Date: Mon, 9 Dec 96 03:28:24 -0600 From: Danny Jones Just got back from the Atlanta show. I enjoyed it very much. Good solid show. My 4 friends, none of whom are on the list, loved it, and like TMBG more than they did before. (But of course.) I feel for the folks who had tickets for the Nashville show that was cancelled because their equipment was stolen. I almost bought tickets to the Nashville show instead of Atlanta. (Nashville was not quite as close but on a better night.) A few comments about the show follow. I get the digest version of the list, so please accept my apology if I unwittingly duplicate what has already been sent. Cub was okay at best. Like others have said, the bass was too loud, the vocals were mixed too low. I didn't really care for them, and my friends were thoroughly unimpressed. It's their last show with TMBG. At least one or two in the audience were tacky and rude to them. I didn't like them that much, but they only played one set of 35 minutes or so. I can live with that, and some people WERE clearly into them. I was sorry that some were rude. Here's the TMBG set. I don't think I missed any as I scribbled on a scrap of paper in the dark. They came out to their recorded version of "Lady is a Tramp." James K. Polk (Flans: "We are on all new equipment." Band starts doing Vanna White arm sweeps to showcase the lovely new equipment. Tells the story of the stolen equipment. "So if you see someone driving around with a van full of equipment cases, kill him.") Sleeping in the Flowers (started on the chorus) Metal Detector (Linnell: "Our new album is like a Christmas present to you. Merry Christmas, everyone!") XTC vs. Adam Ant Snail Shell Pet Name Counterfeit Faker (Flans told the story of how he lived in Atlanta for six months. This song, he said, was for the gas station that sold the hat with the words "If you don't like country music, you can kiss my ass.") How Can I Sing Like a Girl? ("a song about personal freedom") Own Worst Enemy Spider/Guitar/Ana Ng (went from one straight into another. Spider and The Guitar were especially cool for me.) Meet James Ensor (Flans: "In the key of E minor. E is the people's key. So E Minor is the sad people's key.") Maybe I Know ("a song older than either of us") Birdhouse in Your Soul SEXXY (Never really liked this song, but I like it better now after hearing their live version.) Spy (Linnell directs the ending. Kinda cool. I get the impression it has been pulled off better at other concerts.) Nyquil Driver/Stayin' Alive Istanbul (An extended musical interlude sequed into 'Istanbul'.) No One Knows My Plan (Conga lines were cool.) Until My Head Falls Off Dig My Grave ----- First encore (several people left and missed it): Older (Well-received.) Why Does the Sun Shine? (Their recorded version is better than tonight's too-fast version, IMO.) Particle Man (I think I would repeat the same comment as immediately above.) New York City (They sang "Empire State where King Kong lived," which is funny to me, because it sounded like cub sang TMBG's version of the line: "Empire State where Dylan lived." Hard to be sure; cub was hard to understand.) ----- Second encore (over half the balcony left immediately after the 1st encore and missed it): They Might Be Giants Got Lost (Would have been anti-climactic to end on this one. Glad they didn't.) Twistin' The band did a cool, extended, slow wave in unison (or it started that way) as the last notes faded out. Missed that if it was mentioned here before. Another version of "Lady is a Tramp" played as people left. Sounded like Sinatra or possibly Connick. No Famous Person's Polka (rats), and no Exquisite Dead Guy. I wonder if the puppets got stolen with the equipment. No Spiralling Shape. No Don't Let's Start (which I saw on someone's posted set list at the end of November). No real complaints from me, though. Flans did pull out his odd-shaped guitar that he has had for a while with the price tag on it (that was seen on Conan's show recently). I guess it was not on the van with the equipment. His other guitar was definitely new. (He commented on having to get used to a bigger guitar.) Fair amount of moshing/crowd surfing, I thought, in the 2nd half of the show - though I don't know how it compared to other venues. That's reason #1 as to why I was in the balcony. Security was pretty aggressive about pulling people down as they could. Solid show. Vocals were hard to hear on some. Well worth the 5 hour round trip drive for me. My friends were quite impressed. :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 04:40:59 -0500 From: mambaman@execpc.com (Mike) Subject: re: TMBG: Mainstreamlining Someone wrote: >Revolver is an album and it had a lot of popular songs on it: Taxman, >Yellow Submarine, Eleanor Rigby, and Good Day Sunshine. It's one of my favorite >Beatles albums but then again almost all of the Beatles albums are my >favorite. And Your Bird Can Sing and For No One are GREAT too!!! I love Revolver!! I think TMBG and the Beatles have lots in common. They don't stick to one format or way of doing things. Each song is it's own adventure. Mike ************************************************ The chord progression is not at the root of a tune, the melody is. Therefore the chords follow. If you explore this truth you will find that other chord combinations will work well with the same melody. Henry Franzreb - Jazz Guitar Player ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: superCHARGED freaksicle??? Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 05:52:16 -0600 well, we've all been calling it superfuled but it seems that on the sonicnet chat everyone was calling it "supercharged freaksicle" including flans. Are they not sure or is that what it is called. "Mice are for people that are too lazy to remember the keyboard commands" "Keyboards are for people too cheap to buy a good mouse" "Shut Up, Me" I hate arguing with myself, i always loose WYATT GLODELL WGLODELL@BARABOO.COM ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Atlanta show;) From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 07:24:38 EST They were great!!!!! Linnell especially seemed to be in a good mood, despite just having their equipment stolen. One thing I can say...mosh, mosh, mosh, mosh. MAJOR moshing. At least I wasn't caught up in all of that mess. Cub were okay. I'm sure I would've liked them better if I could actually understand them. Cub AND TMBG performed New York City (I guess since it was their last show). Cub thanked Them for covering their song. Anyway, I'm sorry I missed Exquisite Dead Guy. The puppets probably were stolen;(. At the end of the show, we went out a side door and caught Them as they were leaving. They both looked exhausted and kinda waved at everybody, refusing to sign autographs. Linnell looked especially cute in his winter jacket and black toboggan. Flans, I've heard, sometimes signs autographs but refused this time. He said "it's not that I'm not trying to be nice, I'm just not running for Congress." Linnell got in a little black hatchback with a blond girl (girlfriend, maybe) and they drove away to their hotel. Anyway, Danny posted the set list, so these are all of the comments I have about the show. They were really great and apparently Eric sliced his fingers off while they were playing in California. Flans said he spent time in the hospital and kept referring to him as "the man with extra fingers" or something like that. Jen Mammal, mammal, Their names are called They raise a paw...... - TMBG ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: SHEER LUCK!!! ROCHESTER SHOW!!!!!! Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 07:02:14 -0600 YES!!!!!! I just found out my dad will be in rochester getting ready to move over the vacation and i can visit him there!!! i thought i would have to be in LA. I'M SO HAPPY!!! I'm not positive yet, but almost, that i can go to the rochester show! After missing the milwaukee show... i hope i hope i hope!! Luckily i will be with my dad who is a lot likelier to be cool about going to a concert because i'm only 13.(i dont like that "be cool about" term, but i cant think of anything else). So, for now, Kdsinthhal sarah can add me to the list. Now i wont be depressed all day at school! uh-oh, i better start getting ready to go to school. BYE "Mice are for people that are too lazy to remember the keyboard commands" "Keyboards are for people too cheap to buy a good mouse" "Shut Up, Me" I hate arguing with myself, i always loose WYATT GLODELL WGLODELL@BARABOO.COM ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 09:07:00 -0500 (EST) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" >As of last week or so, gays can get married in Hawaii. And are not recognized as being such anywhere else in the country, due to the evil legislation known as the Defense of Marriage Act. >'Course, he also says that Flans is gay Well, if he is, he can be a poster child for non-thin, non-neat, non-single gay guys across the country. :) >>> PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY POSSIBLE PEOPLE AS YOU CAN :) Are we children who have to take orders rather than think for ourselves? Remember, whenever is says to forward something to as many people as possible, you should *not* do it. Thank you. /---------------------------Joshua Hall-Bachner---------------------------\ | particle@servtech.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | | "We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease."| \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: TMBG: I can just barely hear you... Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:40:03 -0500 > I really loved the irony of the song being so difficult to hear Yeah... that's it... it was a bad recording on purpose... yeah, that's the ticket... :> -- Harlan Landes (spike@udel.edu) -- President: MENC Collegiate Chapter #286 -- University of Delaware -- General Education Officer: Phi Mu Alpha -- http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ -- "I'm not done till my head falls off." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:41:07 -0500 (EST) From: Ekul Hpesoj Nevets Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Joshua Hall-Bachner wrote: > >As of last week or so, gays can get married in Hawaii. > > And are not recognized as being such anywhere else in the country, due to > the evil legislation known as the Defense of Marriage Act. Just as a little defense for such legislature, I'd just like to point out the dependance society has on marrieges that can bear (or bare or whatever) children. Gay marriages (lets see how many different ways I can misspell this word in one post) remove two potential sets of genes from the gene pool, creating a more homologous gene pool, and so inhibiting the posibility or survival through changed environments... SJL *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steven J. Luke SteveL@tmbg.org Niagara University s0003483@monteagle.niagara.edu Biology Major Have a Happy Day!! Wahoooo!! And Remember... Mashed Potatoes CAN be your friend, if you have an open mind. *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: "Christina Doyle" Organization: Manhattan College, Riverdale N.Y. Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 11:04:30 EST5EDT Hi everyone! I am regretfully unsubscribing from the list for the Christmas break, as I have no online services at home. I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season, and I will write again when I'm back in school. By the way, the first TMBG song I ever heard was Snailshell. I fell in love with it, bought John Henry, and have been an addict since. I still don't get how anyone could not love that album, but everyone has the right to their own opinion. Well, Merry Christmas!!!! Love, Christina Doyle ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 12:17:50 +0000 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: so I rolled down the window and said," Hello, Mr. Scrooge!!" Joshua Hall-Bachner wrote: > >>> PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY POSSIBLE PEOPLE AS YOU CAN :) > > Are we children who have to take orders rather than think for ourselves? > Remember, whenever is says to forward something to as many people as > possible, you should *not* do it. Thank you. I am NOT a child who cannot think for myself. I am an adult who happens to care quite a lot about getting a large company to help children in hospitals. Obviously you are not, and therefore I pity you. Heather ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 12:09:08 -0500 (EST) From: Jason C Riek Subject: EXTREME Non-TMBG: Overpopulation Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 9-Dec-96 Re: Non-TMBG: So I rolled d.. by Ekul Hpesoj Nevets@monte > Just as a little defense for such legislature, I'd just like to point out > the dependance society has on marrieges that can bear (or bare or > whatever) children. Gay marriages (lets see how many different ways I > can misspell this word in one post) remove two potential sets of genes > from the gene pool, creating a more homologous gene pool, and so > inhibiting the posibility or survival through changed environments... There are almost six billion people in the world, with the number growing larger every day. I don't think we'll run out. ;-> A few childless marriages might actually be a good thing. Wanderlust =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= "These seconds when I'm shaking leave me | Jason Riek shuddering for days" -Counting Crows | Carnegie Mellon University _____________________________________________| wanderlust@cmu.edu Seek the Ultimate Plaid! | http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~wander ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:25:07 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: TMBG: NEW COMPILATION INFO Everyone knows about the 2 CD set coming out from Restless, but if you go to the Restless page again (can't remember the adress, but you could probably find it through Yahoo) they have more info about it. It's coming out on Feburary 25, and the page lists the unreleased tracks on the album... I can't wait for it to come out! Also, does anyone have a good copy of Stumpbox that they'd copy for me if I sent a blank tape + P&H? Just got the SEXXY single... at first I didn't like the new version of SenSurround compared to the power rangers version, but like most TMBG songs, it kinda grows on you... Liam "Every moment I'm near you I get smoother and smoother and smoother." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:35:53 -0500 (EST) From: Ekul Hpesoj Nevets Subject: Re: EXTREME Non-TMBG: Overpopulation On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Jason C Riek wrote: > There are almost six billion people in the world, with the number growing > larger every day. I don't think we'll run out. ;-> A few childless > marriages might actually be a good thing. It really has nothing to do with overpopulation at all, it has to do with increased diversity of the gene pool, and with this diversity, the increased ability to survive major changes in the environment. If a disease came along and killed 5 billion people, there would still be some that would be genetically immune to it. They would continue the race. What if the only people who carried these genes were not having children? The race would die with them. On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Someone wrote: >I take it you are against a male and a female, both over 70, getting >married also? >Just offering a rebuttal to your position :) No, they have already had their time to add their genes to the gene pool. marrying at this age does not remove the diversity of gene pool... On Mon, 9 Dec. 1996, Matt James wrote: >And you would prefer this to overpopulation? Yup. I am not anti-gay, incase some are angry at me for that (suprise, no flames yet, I think). I am simply defending some reasoning that MAY be used to defend anti-gay-marriage legislation. I just want to point out that such legislation is not "evil" "vindictive (sp?)" useless, or simply left overs from a time when we were all stupid. There is reasoning. This may be it, it might not, I don't know, it is just how I see it. SJL *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steven J. Luke SteveL@tmbg.org Niagara University s0003483@monteagle.niagara.edu Biology Major Have a Happy Day!! Wahoooo!! And Remember... Mashed Potatoes CAN be your friend, if you have an open mind. *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 14:11:43 +0000 From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: Encores and Set Lists At 12:07 AM 12/9/96 -0600, Matthew Springer wrote: >Hey all-- > I just wanted to add an echo to the post concering the atrocity of >the expected and now even planned encores. That's so LAME. It's bad enough >that the ritual of a crowd stupidly screaming its head off only to have the >band appear again EVERY TIME has become trite. But to even PLAN the songs >to be performed in encore before the show starts...that's really shitty. it seems that every band you go to see nowadays does this, so i guess i'm just used to it, i can't say it ever really bothered me to know that a band was coming back on... > In tandem with this issue is the fact that based on the set lists >I've been seeing from this tour, it doesn't seem like TMBG vary their set >lists much from night to night. this definitely bothers me, i've seen TMBG several times in the last few months, and every show was basically the same, they were still great shows but i would have appreciated a little more variety... trippy ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:21:50 -0600 (CST) From: "J, the Mysterious" Subject: TMBG: we've got a world that swings I was just looking at the back of the s-e-x-x-y ep box. It has WGAWTS credited to Lil Millet (or something like that) and Lois Yule Brown. I also did an Alta Vista search and found out that an a capella jazz quartet called The Four Freshmen recorded a sond called "We've Got a World That Swings" in the 1950's. Does anyone know anything about this? ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Superfueled Freaksicle From: ununoctium@juno.com (Ununoctium U. Ununoctium) Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 14:50:58 EST The album is more than likely going to be called Superfueled Freaksicle. I quote the 1995 Holiday Info Club Bulliten as proof: " Will you ever release "Frankenstein" on CD or cassette? We tried recording it last fall for this live recording we did at the Sony soundstage in New York, but it wasn't our best performance of that song. Recently we retired it from the regular bunch of songs in the set list, so maybe we'll never get to it. We are planning on releasing some other live tracks along with a compilation of better rarities and b-sides onCD sometime. The compilation is tentatively titled "Superfueled Freaksicle." The other b-sides that don't make the cut might come out on a vinyl-only disc called "Crappy." " I would take printed word as a more trust worthy sorce than John Flansburgh answering a question in a chat session by using the same name as the person who asked the question... I don't know about you guys... *------------------------------------------------------------------------ Once I was But am no more So it goes *------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 15:09:02 -0500 (CDT) From: hotdog Subject: TMBG: text from the restless website everybody is talkin' about this is the Text from the Restless site that everone is talkin' so much about if you want to see it for yourself go to: http://tt.net/restless/giants.html *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- They Might Be Giants 72-song TMBG double-CD retrospective Then: The Earlier Years out February 25th! Includes the following 19 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SONGS: "The Critic Intro" -- 90 second comedy routine/ crowd-warmer-upper "Now That I Have Everything" -- first song from 1985 demo "Mainstream U.S.A." -- Dial-A-Song tune "Fake Out in Buenos Aires" -- slow, strange, lush song originally recorded for first album "Hope That I Die Before I Get Old" -- alternate polka version "I'm Def" -- 1984 tune, that has little to do with rap "Don't Let's Start" -- demo version "'85 Radio Special Thank You" -- self-made, unsolicited college radio promo "Kitten Intro" -- based on a car commercial "Weep Day" -- just a good but unreleased song "Big Big Whoredom" -- see "Weep Day" "Getting Sentimental Over You" -- two songs grafted together "Become a Robot" -- a polka song featuring a Fairlight (music sampler popular among '80s British art-rockers) "Which Describes How You're Feeling" -- original version "Swing is a Word" -- one of the first Dial-a-Song recordings "Doris Bewitched" -- a little soundbite "Counterfeit Fake"-- features John Flansburgh's first drum machine, utilizing all the drum programs people recorded while testing the demonstration model in the store "Children Singing Particle Man" -- recorded by a fan who happened to be a schoolteacher New album Factory Showroom out now on Elektra They Might Be Giants They Might Be Giants "Lincoln" Restless Records 72600 They Might Be Giants "They Might Be Giants" Restless Records 72603 They Might Be Giants "Miscellaneous T" (singles and B-sides from 1986-1991) Restless Records 72646 also available They Might Be Giants "Don't Let's Start" (3" CD single) Restless Records 72605 They Might Be Giants "Hotel Dectective" (single) Restless Records 72607 They Might Be Giants "They'll Need A Crane" (3" CD single) Restless Records 72611 *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well there it is right in whatever color you receive your mail in.. | Nathan | Poet, Computer whiz, and trumpet player extrordinaire. "hotdog" | All round nice guy. Hiller | cool rad fly dudical | ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 16:14:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Fransburgh Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" > Just as a little defense for such legislature, I'd just like to point out > the dependance society has on marrieges that can bear (or bare or > whatever) children. Gay marriages (lets see how many different ways I > can misspell this word in one post) remove two potential sets of genes > from the gene pool, creating a more homologous gene pool, and so > inhibiting the posibility or survival through changed environments... i saw this coming with the whole thread, ugh... i'm really sorry to have to post about this, but i really need to point out an error in this logic... do you/does the government really believe that keeping gay people from getting married is going to persuade them to have children??? uuhhhm, last time i checked, marriage never required having children, nor did not being married mean children weren't produced... whether someone who is gay/lesbian is married or not doesn't matter... they're not going to have biological children with their partners no matter what...keeping them from getting married is going to make them straight?? i don't think so... sorry about that, but...duh. --fran(sburgh) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 15:58:07 +0000 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: you're a cold one, Mr Grinch Ununoctium U. Ununoctium wrote: > > NO Why on earth did you feel compelled to send this to me? So you don't agree with helping sick children.. thats your selfish, ignorent right.. I didn't ask you to share your self-centeredness with me. But, just for my own curiosity.. why not? It took me, maybe 2 minutes to send my e-mail.. that leaves only 24 before some innocent child with cancer gets a Christmas surprise. So far you are the second one to give me this sort of response.. and now I'm curious. How many other TMBG fans feel this way? I thought that my fellow fans would like to do something nice this Holiday Season, something that didn't cost ANYTHING. If makes me really sad to know that there are those of you who not only don't care to send a reply for the kids.. but are so preoccupied with yourselves that you send an e-mail directed to me, to state (proudly) what a heartless grinch you are. Bluebird of Friendliness Heather ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 15:23:10 -0500 (CDT) From: hotdog Subject: TMBG: so which is it? ok the restless page says that the compilation CD is called THEN:The Early Years...but I keep hearing about this Superfueled Freakcycle. which is it? I'm so confused. (not that this is the first time) nate | Nathan | Poet, Computer whiz, and trumpet player extrordinaire. "hotdog" | All round nice guy. Hiller | cool rad fly dudical | ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 16:34:37 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Joshua Hall-Bachner wrote: > >most of the people who were associated > >with TMBG, and were net-wise, have had fallings out with Flansburgh > > Wait...Bo Orloff, Bill Krauss...who am I missing? And what, exactly, > happened with Bill? I hear all the time about how there was this big thing > between Lincoln and Flood, but I have no idea what it was. It's messy...really messy...Myke has more info on it than I do. > >Everything fits because one CD can actually hold about 75 minutes of music. > > 80 minutes, actually... No, standard Cd's can hold 74 minutes of Music, EP's can hold half that. Jack Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg, Jeep Driver Come To Utopia! telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu:3000 I'm Bluedawg .sig? No thanks, I don't cmoke ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 16:55:04 -0500 (EST) From: Ekul Hpesoj Nevets Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Hawaii!" On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Fransburgh wrote: > i saw this coming with the whole thread, ugh... > i'm really sorry to have to post about this, but i really need to point > out an error in this logic... > do you/does the government really believe that keeping gay people from > getting married is going to persuade them to have children??? uuhhhm, > last time i checked, marriage never required having children, nor did not > being married mean children weren't produced... > whether someone who is gay/lesbian is married or not doesn't matter... > they're not going to have > biological children with their partners no matter what...keeping them > from getting married is going to make them straight?? i don't think so... > sorry about that, but...duh. As I have replied to someone else, it is not that the legislation is trying to convert gays to become streight, or to coerce them to have sex that can bear children, but because of prestated resons, the society can not officially condone such marriages. I know thatis gonna get misinterpreted. I am trying to say it a different way. I can not think of a better way to say that so let be objectify... By saying society can't condone gay marriages I am not saying we have the civic duty to repress gays. I dunno. Please try to take that statement as broad as possible. I don't mean it in any specific manner. Okay enough Wassimaherting... Who said we shouldn't have a moderated list? :) SJL P.S. I think my ideas about this are dying a horrible death, so much for trying to defend the Institution :) *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steven J. Luke SteveL@tmbg.org Niagara University s0003483@monteagle.niagara.edu Biology Major Have a Happy Day!! Wahoooo!! And Remember... Mashed Potatoes CAN be your friend, if you have an open mind. *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: jting@MIT.EDU Subject: Re: EXTREME Non-TMBG: Overpopulation Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 17:06:43 EST about gay marriages and such... a really interesting book on this is _The Wanting Seed_ by Anthony Burgess It's quite funny...in the beginning, homosexuality is praised and heterosexuals are discouraged because they're trying to reduce the population...the book goes on but i won't ruin it for anyone interested...i think one of the slogans is "it's sapiens to be homo" :) jan. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 17:12:15 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" >No, standard Cd's can hold 74 minutes of Music, EP's can hold half that. Why can they only hold half that? Isn't it the same physical disc to begin with? (or are EP discs made with wider "grooves"(for lack of a better word) which would be less expensive to produce? (notice I may have no idea what I am talking about...)) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: TMBG: SuperFueled(Charged) vs. Then -- the breakdown Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 16:52:41 -0500 SuperFueled Freaksicle (aka SuperCharged Freaksicle) will be put out by Elektra, and will contain new songs that are not on Factory Showroom like They Got Lost and what-have-you. Then: The Early years will be put out by Restless and will be their Early stuff (first two albums plus Misc T plus rare/unreleased stuff). I think I got most of that right. -- Harlan Landes (spike@udel.edu) -- President: MENC Collegiate Chapter #286 -- University of Delaware -- General Education Officer: Phi Mu Alpha -- http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ -- "I'm not done till my head falls off." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 18:17:12 -0500 (EST) From: metrasm@vivanet.com (MDM) Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell on WBER?!!?!?! >>I Was just listening to WBER over RA (hoping to hear SEXXY, i >>dont know why though) and a song ended and someone that >>sounded EXACTLy like linnell was talking. I was somewhere >>else so i didn't castch all of it, something like "Now it's >>SEXXY from THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS >>and It's me" Is that a linnelll sounding DJ? WHAT WAS IT???? >>i dont suppose anyone else (kdsinthhal)?? was listening? > >Lol. I could've been. Either the dj you heard sounds like Linnell, or you >heard the promo they often run: >L: "Hello, this is the tangled web" >F: "And the flotation device" >L: "Of _They_Might_Be_Giants_!" > >~sarah :) >linnellgirl@tmbg.org >http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal you forgot the "and you're listening to WBER, rochester's alternative, a varity of music for a group of people" or something along those lines :) *----------------------------------------------------------------------- -Matt Metras metrasm@vivanet.com http://www.vivanet.com/~metrasm metrasm@juno.com MDM on Undernet, EICN and iNSANEt mdm@tmbg.org Manager of #TMBG on Undernet and EICN dinnerbell@tmbg.org IRCop on EICN and iNSANEt mdm@narnia.mhv.net Net Admin: The-Net asgmdm@ucs.com (I do other stuff to) mdm@a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.i.j.k.l.m.n.ml.org *------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 15:23:21 -0800 This has been gone over before... when CDs first came out they were limited to 74 minutes as a rule. Now with compression, I have seen CDs just short of 80 minutes (the latest Metallica is a good example, they fit as much as they could, I think it is like 79:59 or something like that), I have several CDs between 74 and 79 minutes in length. CD-R drives are still stuck with the 74 minute limit because they don't use the fancy methods that recording companies use to cram as much as they can onto a CD. Once you go beyond 80 minutes there is a noticable difference in the sound quality. I'm not sure if there is a noticable difference between 74 and 80 minutes, I personally can't tell. EPs (that is 5" CDs) are the same physically, and there is no difference in the media, so they fit exactly the same amount of data, they cost less because they put less songs on them, which is pretty pointless a lot of times, I think companies should give us what we pay for, it costs them less than a buck to press a CD, why not put as much stuff on there as possible? But no, corporate America has to milk us for as much as possible. If you are talking about EPs as the 3" CDs like the first three TMBG singles came out on and aren't being used anymore, these 3" CDs can hold I think it is 20 minutes, I remember when they first came out I had like 10 or so of them at one time, I still have a few of them, and I seem to remember the 20 minute limit being discussed around that time for 3" CDs. ---------- > From: BlueDawg > To: Joshua Hall-Bachner > Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" > Date: Monday, December 09, 1996 1:34 PM > > On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Joshua Hall-Bachner wrote: > > > >most of the people who were associated > > >with TMBG, and were net-wise, have had fallings out with Flansburgh > > > > Wait...Bo Orloff, Bill Krauss...who am I missing? And what, exactly, > > happened with Bill? I hear all the time about how there was this big thing > > between Lincoln and Flood, but I have no idea what it was. > > It's messy...really messy...Myke has more info on it than I do. > > > >Everything fits because one CD can actually hold about 75 minutes of music. > > > > 80 minutes, actually... > > No, standard Cd's can hold 74 minutes of Music, EP's can hold half that. > > Jack Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg, Jeep Driver > Come To Utopia! telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu:3000 I'm Bluedawg > .sig? No thanks, I don't cmoke > ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: you're a cold one, Mr Grinch From: ununoctium@juno.com (Ununoctium U. Ununoctium) Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 19:14:19 EST On Mon, 09 Dec 1996 15:58:07 +0000 Heather Tinkler writes: >Ununoctium U. Ununoctium wrote: >> >> NO > >Why on earth did you feel compelled to send this to me? So you don't >agree with helping sick children.. thats your selfish, ignorent >right.. I didn't ask you to share your self-centeredness with me. > But, just for my own curiosity.. why not? It took me, maybe 2 >minutes to send my e-mail.. that leaves only 24 before some innocent >child with cancer gets a Christmas surprise. So far you are the >second one to give me this sort of response.. and now I'm curious. How Okay, I need to know why YOU felt compelled to bring this BACK to the tmbg-list when I replied to you privately... Do you want to know why you don't send chain letters for any reason? Do you you really need this AGAIN? Do we, the tmbg-list, really need to hear this again? The danger in chain letters is their very nature. When someone sends you a letter suggesting that you forward it to as many people as you can, they are probably breaking the rules that they agreed to when signing up for an account on their server and they might be causing major problems to someone's server. If a letter, a very large chain letter, is sent to someone on a small server and they feel compelled to send it to all their friends on that server and so on a so forth that server could very well crash. Chain letters, when not crashing servers, at least slow down global networks and become very annoying around the 8th or 9th you've seen them. I wouldn't suggest the sending of chain letters to people using large commercial services, if you are reported, and you should be, you could very well lose your account. Most importantly, chain letters NEVER stop. Take the good times virus, get rich quick and jokes about baked beans as evidence of this. In short: Take my chain letter, please! >many other TMBG fans feel this way? I thought that my fellow fans >would like to do something nice this Holiday Season, something that >didn't cost ANYTHING. If makes me really sad to know that there are >those of you who not only don't care to send a reply for the kids.. >but are so preoccupied with yourselves that you send an e-mail >directed to me, to state (proudly) what a heartless grinch you are. I didn't read the letter, I make a point of not reading ANY chain letters, I don't know what it was about, I don't care to know what it's about. Send chain letters to YOUR friends if you demand to be obstinate about it, but whatever you, do not send them to a mailing. My apologies to all who had to read this other than the one who it is intended for, but I feel it is very necessary to defend myself, especially when I HAVE taken something off the tmbg-list and it is brought back on. >Bluebird of Friendliness I suppose that makes me Chess Piece Face or something. *------------------------------------------------------------------------ Once I was But am no more So it goes *------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 19:30:50 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: BOBA MAIL: Cover compilation/New Address Hey There Listies! It's Boba writing to thank everyone for the replies as far as the Cover compilation is concerned. Also, any one who knows me personally I have a new e-mail address! Any one can e-mail me at ondrey@trib.infi.net or boba@tmbg.org. Thanks! Boba Out. -- Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://bobasboots.home.ml.org http://wendyrulz.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 19:25:39 -0800 From: ECKM1657 Organization: Lubbock Christian University Subject: Re: TMBG: Is Hot Cha gay? Evan Chakroff wrote: > > >Here is one thing that I have not puzzled over much about TMBG until now. If > >these guys are straight, why would they put a song like "The Day" on their > >first album? In case you don't have it, it's about "the day that Marvin Gaye > >and Phil Ochs got married" and the trees all (swayed and sang or something > >real...gay). > > If a song is about two guys getting married, then the band who wrote it > MUST be gay... I suppose Robin Williams is gay, he played a gay person in a > movie, right? Well there you go! Gay. > -- > Evan Chakroff > The Internet Mystery Spot > http://spot.home.ml.org > This Statement Is Falseif you're gonna say it like that, tom hanks is gay 'cause he played a gay guy once(although he has a hot-hot-hot-cha wife) and eddie murphy wore a dress once, clowns wear make-up so they're gay.... ------------------------------ From: "Det. Dave" Organization: Basement Party Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 20:35:47 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Gay marriages and kids w/cancer I've saved the TMBG content for the end of this message. Think of it as dessert. Now for the yucky vegetables.... I'm not going to quote previous messages, I'm too lazy :) Re: Gay Marraiges You all are missing a major point. The granting of a certificate of marriage confers legal rights and priveleges, ie. joint filing of income taxes, death benifits for surviving spouses, family rates for health insurance and a whole host of others. While there are some gay couples who are interested in making sure the whole world knows they are "married" most are more concerned with the rights and privledges they are denied. There are a whole host of political forces who do not want ot see gay marraiges legalixed for economic reasons (insurance companies, pension funds, and state tax agencies) They sit by quietly and let the religious right fight this battle, unfortunatley it is being framed as a moral issue. The real uproar is that if gay marraiges are legal in Hawaii, what happens when a couple who is married there moves to the mainland? Constitutionally, the other states would have to accept their marraige and then gay residents of that state would demand that their marriages be accepted also. Re: Cancer Kids and spam mail I haven't checked this story out, but it sounds kind of fishy. Somewhat like an attempt to mail bomb some corporation. It is spam and causes lots of problems on the internet. Why would a company make this offer, unless it was to collect email addresses maybe. What ever the reason, I stringly urge you to refrain from participating. If you really care about the issue, make a donation to the American Cancer Society or volunteer to work at your local hospice. You will feel much better, beleive me. All right, now that you've cleaned your plate... All my CDs were stolen last year, and I finally got around to replacing Flood. I had a tape of it, but replaced my tape deck in my car with a CD player. Flood is an awesome CD. I first started listening to Them in 1990 before Flood came out, but it was what made me the fan that I am today? How did I find out about Them? Well, I read an article in Rolling Stone and thought," Hey, this sounds like a neat band." Soon thereafter, I went to a Superbowl party at a friend of one of my roommates. The host had a basement FULL of CDs (over 10,000!!!) He was some rich lawyer who like to collect them. He said I could borrow a few, so I grabbed Pink and Lincoln. I listened to them for a week and had to give them back. Then I went to the store bought them. But it was Flood that really got me going. That's my story...thanks for listening. ------------------------------ From: "Det. Dave" Organization: Basement Party Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 20:35:47 -0500 Subject: TMBG: What do Alanis and TMBG have in common > > I really loved the irony of the song being so difficult to hear ^^^^^ > Yeah... that's it... it was a bad recording on purpose... yeah, that's the > ticket... :> Well, in that case what was Alanis's excuse?!? :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 18:10:51 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Re: Encores and Set Lists matt in evanston wrote: > In tandem with this issue is the fact that based on the set lists >I've been seeing from this tour, it doesn't seem like TMBG vary their set >lists much from night to night. The order changes, but the songs stay the >same. That also bothers me, especially since every song on FS just doesn't >seem to be a live winner ("pet Name," "Your Own Worst Enemy," maybe even >"Exquisite Dead Guy" in my humble opinion) and they have such a huge and >varied back catalogue. Yet I don't think they've reached the point where >they should feel so sick of the songs they do perform. I think the purpose of this tour is to promote Factory Showroom. Therefore, They will play lots of Factory Showroom songs. I know They don't just get stuck on their latest album all the time because, at the first concert I went to, John Henry was just weeks from release, but They played songs from all over their repertoire. (Heck, even after John Henry was released, They played quite a few "oldies.") Also, I don't think all the members of their live band can play a lot of their old stuff. They probably have to rehearse some selected old favorites. And I remember Flans even saying once that he forgot the chords to Number Three. Coolest thing I ever saw at a They concert: Linnell and Flans strolling on the stage with just an accordian and a guitar to open the show, singing I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die. Ohhhh..... ====================== | from LVJeff |_________________________________________________ | 1996 2-Cycle Rat | You, with the dark mood, and prone to brood / | alecson@ucla.edu | You, with lack of pride, and prone to hide / ====================== You, desiring praise, yet prone to laze / You, you are not the one ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 21:32:18 +0000 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: "in the room women come and go" Due to the recent attack on my forward, I have decided to unsuscribe to the list as soon as I get instructions how to. Untill then, rest assured that I will be a silent lurker. It wasn't the response that I had hoped for, as I did not (and do not) view this message to be a chain letter. All it required was a "send now" from you.. and maybe to include it in mail you send to friends..or to be passed by word of mouth. I am including a copy of the said forward, so you can judge for yourself. When I first joined the list.. I was happy to be a part of such a nice group of people that also adored the best band in the world. This is why I am so sad to leave. I had hoped to acquire a copy of podas or something.. seeing I live in Oklahoma and have next to no connections, but everyone that I contacted only traded. I am not bashing this, it was just frustrating for me. Christie and Stephanie.. I am leaving for Tulsa next monday, so please send me your addresses by then for a copy of the Clarissa tape. Thank you for all the news about TMBG that I would have not otherwise had. Thank you to Matt, Amy, and Jan. Houghton Mifflin Interactive is sponsoring the Polar Bear Express Share the Spirit Campaign. For every 25 e-mail messages they receive, HMI will donate a copy of The Polar Bear Express or another Children's book to a children's Hospital. The goal this year is to receive 50,000 messages, and thereby give away 2,000 books. Send an e-mail to: share@hmco.com and tell your pals to do the same. Have a Happy Holiday. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 21:55:04 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Unforgotten Not about the song... Ha ha! Fooled you! > Also, I don't think all the members of their live band can play a lot >of their old stuff. They probably have to rehearse some selected old >favorites. And I remember Flans even saying once that he forgot the chords >to Number Three. That's something to consider... They are people too. Any people in bands (especially marching bands, where you have to memorize your music) or orchestras (or even those of you who play rock and/or roll music); you probably couldn't still play all the songs you've played. In marching band (damn all these band stories) we get our competition show music in June, practice, rehearse, then national finals are around the first week in November. We do that every year with different music. We have to memorize the music. If you were to ask ten band people to play our show from 1995 there would probably be one or two that could play it all the way through, correctly. (the show is ~8 minutes long, just music, no pauses). So I guess the moral of the story is this: They probably rehearse certain songs a lot to remember how to play them. Some songs they may play so much that they can't really forget them. The songs off FS are going to be played more often, not only because the album just came out (promotion), but also because the album just came out (they had to learn the songs to record them right?) There are always going to be songs that (I would assume) they WISH they could forget (PArticle Man; that song is so repetitive, I would go insane having to play that at every concert). And then there are songs that they do for fun (Flans has said he loves to sing Pet Name; that's probably why they do Maybe I Know, cause that has gotta be fun to sing). Whoa, big moral... so for those of you into short morals, here's one: Your Lucky Numbers Are: 32, 80, 3, 87, 30, 47, 10 (Can you match them up with TMBG songs? ...trying to think of more songs w/ numbers in them...) (I must be tired, cause that is very dumb) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 22:01:09 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: "in the room women come and go" >you can judge for yourself. When I first joined the list.. I was >happy to be a part of such a nice group of people that also adored the >best band in the world. This is why I am so sad to leave. I had hoped >to acquire a copy of podas or something.. seeing I live in Oklahoma >and have next to no connections, but everyone that I contacted only >traded. I am not bashing this, it was just frustrating for me. many people will make a copy if you send a blank tape and postage. About the fwd: Not to criticise what could very well be a perfectly vaild e-mail campaign... but does anyone have e-mail bomb software? 50,000 messages, isn't that do-able? :) >Houghton Mifflin Interactive is sponsoring the Polar Bear Express >Share the Spirit Campaign. For every 25 e-mail messages they receive, >HMI will donate a copy of The Polar Bear Express or another Children's >book to a children's Hospital. The goal this year is to receive >50,000 messages, and thereby give away 2,000 books. Send an e-mail >to: share@hmco.com and tell your pals to do the same. Have a Happy >Holiday. > > -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:19:02 -0500 (EST) From: Ellen Kao Subject: Re: Totally Non-TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "Homozygous!" On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Ekul Hpesoj Nevets wrote: > can misspell this word in one post) remove two potential sets of genes > from the gene pool, creating a more homologous gene pool, and so > inhibiting the posibility or survival through changed environments... Well not to be too picky, but the use of the word homologous is completely wrong, since that would imply that there is another complimentary gene pool to meet up with this one at the equator of Earth during metaphase and proceed to pull apart at anaphase, and then the whole planet would split into two during telophase and so on. Homogenous is the word youre looking for =) Ekao ~~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~ "A man is but a monkey with a crown." -Steve Forbert ~~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~**~~~~ ------------------------------ From: Kmsog@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:25:25 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show: the blonde << Linnell got in a little black hatchback with a blond girl (girlfriend, maybe) >> when I was at the roseland show (nyc) I was on the far right by the corner of the original stage (not the one they were on) and could, of course, look off to the side and into that big open space where the security gaurds were standing. at some point early in Their set, I noticed a blonde girl standing off to the side, holding a beverage, watching the show, and looking very amused by the general frenzy. and occasionally she would look at linnell and sort of laugh. and my unsubstantiated gut reaction was: that's his girlfriend. she watched most of the show then went (further) backstage. not that this doesnt break my heart, or anything. -- (also) jen ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: TMBG: Input -=> Output Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:40:31 -0500 (EST) Amazement never stops on the information superhighway. I'll never figure out how a web site can be up for months before someone points out some glaring error that the site deigners never saw. It raises many questions, including "Is everyone so dumb they didn't notice?" Well, I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is no. People notice, they just don't tell anyone. _Please_ tell someone. If you find an error on the web site, mail us. If you have an idea of how it could be easier to use, mail us. If there is something you would like to see that is not on the web site at all, mail us. Your input is _very_ important. There's many more of you than there are of us to catch errors and come up with ideas. Please share your thoughts with us. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:42:32 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: a request for order Okay, I've let all of this go on for a pretty good period of time, but it's time I took action. I don't know about the others on this list, but I'm really tired of logging on to check my mail and finding a lot of non-TMBG stuff on the TMBG list. Gay marriages, what you did on your summer vacation....I for one couldn't give a s***. So please, folks, if you must flame or respond to a non-TMBG post, do it over private e-mail. Some of us here are actually trying to retain at least a little sanity... Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "There's lots of room for you on the bandwagon...." ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: upcoming concerts Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 23:31:36 -0500 (EST) I am curious has anyone heard of concerts in March or beyond? Especially internatinally, say England? I imagine, being overseas, they have to make these arrangementsway in advance, so those who live in London and other big cities, call your local clubs and see if they are coming, maybe they will know? I for one would like to catch them should they be in Britain when I am there possibly! See you all later, Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 09:57:23 -0800 From: J Mathews Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" Bill Tatalovich wrote: > Superfueled > Freaksicle. That's why I'm so confused... > > And is there any definite proof that SF actually will be released? I > mean, did Elektra announce that they would be doing it? Or is it some > (very cruel) hoax from someone on alt.music.tmbg? Just > wondering....pardon my naivete here. > Some record stores still have it filed as being released on October, 24, 1995. and also all the other dates listed including this month, I however, am skeptical. Jeremy Mathews ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 10:00:48 -0800 From: J Mathews Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl, after all" BlueDawg wrote: > > On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Joshua Hall-Bachner wrote: > > > >most of the people who were associated > > >with TMBG, and were net-wise, have had fallings out with Flansburgh > > > > Wait...Bo Orloff, Bill Krauss...who am I missing? And what, exactly, > > happened with Bill? I hear all the time about how there was this big thing > > between Lincoln and Flood, but I have no idea what it was. > > It's messy...really messy...Myke has more info on it than I do. Could ya post it Myke? and also could someone email me privately about that and/or what exactly happened with Bo Orloff. Jeremy Mathews, a basically new person on the list who doesn't already know all this ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 00:28:31 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "What's the deal?!" Whats the deal with all the posts that have _So I rolled down the window and said "blah!"_? Is it just me or is it kinda annoying? Does it have something to do with TMBG or is it just witty of its own accord? -- Kevin "100% Curd" McGuire ^ ^ | | | | | | | | -------------That's not butter! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-338 ******************************