Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-35 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 35 Sunday, 4 February 1996 Today's Topics: Psycho Cool Hipness. Re: Psycho Cool Hipness. I must leave the Net... The Sound Of Silence TMBG TRIVIA (Fun For The Whole Family!!!) the influx of weirdness Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: mdukelan@wyoming.com Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 11:51:26 -0700 Subject: Psycho Cool Hipness. I was just watching my new After Dark screensaver, one module called nonesense, in which it just flashes random words on the screen, in some gramatically correct order, when up came the message THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS Chance in a million, huh? Anyway, I was happy, so I thought I'd tell you. -Rabid Child ** * * * * * * * * * * * Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com * No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! * Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ** ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 14:20:14 -0500 From: Tom Sullivan Subject: Re: Psycho Cool Hipness. At 11:51 AM 2/3/96 -0700, you wrote: >Chance in a million, huh? Either you were just _very_ lucky, or one of the programmers of After Dark likes TMBG.. :) Either way, that's rad. +--- Edicius (Tom Sullivan) - Head Editor, Jonas E'zine http://www.cybercomm.net/~edi/homepage.html http://www.cybercomm.net/~edi/1063/ - unofficial whtg-fm homepage! "I should be allowed to blurt the merest idea, if by random whim one occurs to me." +--- ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (Mr. DJ) Subject: I must leave the Net... Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 12:22:46 -0800 (PST) Sorry all, but I have no choice but to cancel my account. I will try and come back some time, but right now, I will not be here. Joey Drago Former Mister DJ, former joeyd@netcom.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 12:33:01 +1200 From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael Carr) Subject: The Sound Of Silence We already voted. Shut up. Her name is Persephone Shut up. She has a middle name, it is by my recollection, Jane. Shut up. She will come round and play the little girl mohel with her pickaxe if you dont stop it. Shut up. thank you. --Mike PS Uh, it's not that I'm not totally enaptured by attempts to name her, it's just I can think of better things to use up digest space and incidentally SPACE ON MY EMAIL DISK on. ta. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 16:36:11 -0800 From: gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) Subject: TMBG TRIVIA (Fun For The Whole Family!!!) A FEW TMBG TRIVIA QUESTIONS FOR YA: 1. What classic song by what singer is "Minimum Wage" modeled after? 2. What TV commercial features identical "Yo Yo Yo" vocals, like those found in "Mr. Me"? (And which came first, the TMBG song or the commercial?) 3. Whose voice is sampled for use in "Lady Is a Tramp"? GOOD LUCK WITH THE FIRST TWO, AND I PITY THE FOOL WHO DOESN'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE THIRD QUESTION. SEE YA! Mr. Greg ------------------------------ From: Plaguerat2@aol.com Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 00:37:31 -0500 Subject: the influx of weirdness here it is the top ten question list for tmbg... (from the boys in the home office) 10. What is the name of ____? (fill in any character to appear on a tmbg album) 9. Where does the narrator from Ana Ng live; or where does Ana live? 8. Just where the hell is Super Fueled? 7. Is there a version of Flood w/ alternate lyrics to "Theme from Flood" advertising Apollo 18? 6. Where is Tony hiding these days? 5. Which John is cuter? 4. Why are the Giants obsessed with death? 3. What are the dates for the Mercury Lounge? 2. Why do the kids on the inside of John Henry hate They Might Be Giants? 1. Why must I be Sad? -=the plaguerat=- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-35 *****************************