Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-351 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 351 Monday, 23 December 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-350 TMBG: Catalogue Orders NON-TMBG: Bye..... Be Back soon TMBG: Baconize this! TMBG: They Might Be Giants Tribute Tape Web Site (Sunday) Non-TMBG: but please take a look if you have a web-site TMBG: concerning liam neeson TMBG: Misc. Stuff Re: TMBG: Baconize this! TMBG: Baconize this! Re: TMBG: Re: NASALLY (Is that a word?) TMBG: Blah. TMBG: They're at wal-mart TMBG: Re: TMBG: Catalogue Orders Re: TMBG: the Johns in high school TMBG: The 'tickle-me Elmo" deception... TMBG: Nightclubbing TMBG: Triple J hottest 100.... Re: non-TMBG: concerning liam neeson Re: TMBG: Catalogue Orders, etc TMBG: 9:30 club list of attendence TMBG: Q review of FS TMBG: cute Linnell! TMBG: TMBdreams TMBG: Cool bands that use accordians... TMBG: 23 and 9:30 RE: TMBG: Cool bands that use accordians... TMBG: Re: Nightclubbing Re: TMBG: 9:30 club list of attendence TMBG: Re: TMBdreams TMBG: Re: Liam Neelson TMBG: Flans wife TMBG: Re: Flans wife TMBG: TMBG on Channel One? TMBG: TMB Dreams Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 21:30:38 +1100 From: Very Fruity Indeed Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-350 Hey funky people, e >october and havent gotten anything yet. i ordered by phone,i was VERY >clear,and recently called again and left my name number and address. i want >my stuff bad. i know the catalog doesnt have half the stuff i ordered now,but >it did when i ordered. OK, I ordered about 400 bux worth of stuff by credit card about 3 months ago and I;ve heard nothing. Not even a note saying that they recieved my order form. That in my mind is some of the dodgiest business practice I've ever encountered. I ordered some stuff through Dave Matthews Band and they got my fax, and sent my stuff to Australia where I live within a week!!! They were efficient and perfect in every way!!! I sure hope TMB Productions get their act together, coz I can;t hold the cash for them forever!!! Ad. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % Ad % %Yeah and stuff% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 06:46:13 -0500 (EST) From: cyberguy@netheaven.com (cyberguy) Subject: TMBG: Catalogue Orders Regarding catologue orders, I've ordered the comp. video, Back To Skull, WDTSS, and the Bird Shirt sometime during October. I got all of these a month later. However, on the invoice the numbers 11/14 were written. I'm assuming that this means that the things were shipped out on November 14. I got the things a few days later. I don't know what the problem is with ordering, then again, I also live in NY. Come visit http://www.netheaven.com/~cyberguy/index.html to see cyberguy's webpage. Last updated 12-1-96 IT'S ALL NEW!!!!! Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought- TMBG ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: NON-TMBG: Bye..... Be Back soon Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 06:54:53 -0600 I'm leaving later today to rochester and am subscribing to the digest. I am gonna read the digest arcs every day from my dad's evil AOL account (if he still has it...). So if any info comes up on the rochester show, please send it to whitemarks@aol.com (is it case sensitive?) I may bring eudora/netscape because the saol web browser sucks, but i dont know how to run those under aol.... i'll play around with it......] I'll check my mail once more before i leave, so if soemone could tell me Wyatt, who better not leave his tickets here! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 09:52:34 -0500 (EST) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: Baconize this! >I put in Liam Neelson in the Six Degrees of Bacon at Virginia website >to see how far away he was and it did not recognize him. That's 'cause he's never been in any movies, silly! :) You really cannot mix medias (i.e. music and movies) in this game -- you can't connect movie stars to musicians unless the musicians have been in movies or the movie stars are in a band (Keanu Reeves?) >Say, how long have you guys generally had to wait for orders from the >info club or whatever? 10,000 years? Josh Yuletide is just H-E-Double-L for me /---------------------------Joshua Hall-Bachner---------------------------\ | particle@servtech.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 10:05:39 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: They Might Be Giants Tribute Tape Web Site (Sunday) New on the site today, a couple of different entries for the voting, i.e., THE FACE OF ACUMEN WE'RE THE REPLACEMENTS And Nero's Daughter will be covering, "Older Than YOu've Ever Been" All this And more at http://tmbg.home.ml.org -- Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://boba.home.ml.org http://bobasboots.home.ml.org http://wendyrulz.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 10:51:34 -0500 Subject: Non-TMBG: but please take a look if you have a web-site I have been trying to find servers that offer free websites w/o being part of their accounts. If any of you are maintaining free websites, (not through a school or college), please notify me. Joel A Big-fan of THE BIG STEAMY THING http://people.csnet.net/joel http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Yoel ------------------------------ From: CWLKNSN@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 11:53:05 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: concerning liam neeson Organization: West Virginia Network concerning liam and six degrees thing.... if we can use directors then how about speilberg directs liam neeson in shindlers list then just take the spielberg connection and it can be done... i have totally blanked on speilberg films, and cant make the connection myself sam ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 12:18:41 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Misc. Stuff Hey guys, a couple questions! Does any body know how I can get in touch with the band Hagfish? I heard on this list that they did a cover of Twisting. I'd like to use that for the cover_comp tape. Also, someone mentioned a cookbook with John Flansburgh's Mom's French Toast. If anyone knows what its called please e-mail me! Thanks! -- Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://boba.home.ml.org http://bobasboots.home.ml.org http://wendyrulz.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Baconize this! Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 10:05:19 -0800 Actually the name is Liam Neeson and he is an actor, he was in "Darkman" and other movies, he is Irish I think? The web site is very particular about spelling, if you have just one letter wrong it will tell you that the actor does not exist. ---------- > From: Joshua Hall-Bachner > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Baconize this! > Date: Sunday, December 22, 1996 6:52 AM > > >I put in Liam Neelson in the Six Degrees of Bacon at Virginia website > >to see how far away he was and it did not recognize him. > > That's 'cause he's never been in any movies, silly! :) You really cannot mix > medias (i.e. music and movies) in this game -- you can't connect movie stars > to musicians unless the musicians have been in movies or the movie stars are > in a band (Keanu Reeves?) > > >Say, how long have you guys generally had to wait for orders from the > >info club or whatever? > > 10,000 years? > > > Josh > Yuletide is just H-E-Double-L for me > > /---------------------------Joshua Hall-Bachner---------------------------\ > | particle@servtech.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | > |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | > \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ > ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: Baconize this! Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 13:20:43 -0500 (EST) > >I put in Liam Neelson in the Six Degrees of Bacon at Virginia website > >to see how far away he was and it did not recognize him. > > That's 'cause he's never been in any movies, silly! :) You really cannot mix > medias (i.e. music and movies) in this game -- you can't connect movie stars > to musicians unless the musicians have been in movies or the movie stars are > in a band (Keanu Reeves?) There is a singer named Liam Neelson? Who is he? I have learned the error of my ways in that it is actually spelled Neeson. He was in Darkman. I can't remember what else he acted in, but he is by no means in a band or any music that I know of! Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: NASALLY (Is that a word?) Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 13:53:35 -0500 (EST) > A voice is nasal.... > You can speak nasally... > Nasally..., nasally..., nasal... - L - Y!! m@t For me, *every* day of the week ends in "Why?" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 15:35:59 -0500 (EST) From: gonk@valley.net (Robert Grabill) Subject: TMBG: Blah. I made an ornament today. It was a tmbg ornament. It was the o tannenbaum cover taped to a paper clip. It's neato. Does anyone have a fullsive image of the tannenbaum cover that i could print? Merry Christmas! ^ From Me, Rob Grabill / \ gonk@valley.net /___\ "You have no idea | how stupid you look right now." "I probably look like my father" ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 16:26:39 -0500 Subject: TMBG: They're at wal-mart I just got back from Wal-Mart. I don't know if every Wal-mart is like this, but in the electronics department I saw a big tv screen and below it was a list of bands and albums on a touch-sensetive screen. Luckily Factory Showroom was one of the choices. So I touched the FS icon and they played a clip from the SEXXY video! It was really cool!! It was so cool I played it twice. I would have played it until the employees kicked me out of the store, but I had to go. They only played up to the part right before "cookie in one hand..." So everyone go to Wal-mart now!! buh-bye Phurr ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Catalogue Orders From: istanbul@juno.com (Justin Smith) Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 17:25:18 EST If you plan on ordering from the TMBG catalouge or from Hello, you must remember that these are NOT big mail-order companies with highly-paid employees. It is usually best to be patient and not get worried until they've actually cashed the check or withdrawn from your card or whatever. If you do have a problem, leave a message with them and try to get it worked out before resorting to other methods (such as contacting the BBB in New York, or whatever). Also, if you are subscribing to Hello expect to always be about four months behind. Hello problems can be resolved by contacting "hello_club@aol.com", and I'm sure the TMBG catalogue has an e-mail address on their Web Site also. I hope that this was some kind of help. +++ This is Justin W. Smith's amazingly terrific signature +++ jsmith@e-tex.com istanbul@juno.com justin@tmbg.org Play Dragon Warrior Text Adventure! www.dragonfire.net/~MonoPuff/DW/ +++ "We're willing to sleep with beautiful women." - John Flansburgh +++ On Sat, 21 Dec 1996 23:31:19 -0500 Jordan1c@aol.com writes: >In a message dated 96-12-21 22:55:54 EST, you write: > ><< > Say, how long have you guys generally had to wait for orders from the > > info club or whatever? > I ordered the O Tannenbaum single in early November, and I was hoping >to > get it by Xmas. Is there any way to confirm orders from TMB >Productions? >> > >hey everyone,same with me,so if your replying to him persoanlly send >me a >letter abou that too? i ordered the i palindrome i single,the statue >single,the video compilation,the year 2000 shirt,and 3 bumbr stickers >in like >october and havent gotten anything yet. i ordered by phone,i was VERY >clear,and recently called again and left my name number and address. i >want >my stuff bad. i know the catalog doesnt have half the stuff i ordered >now,but >it did when i ordered. >jordan > ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: the Johns in high school From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 18:50:53 EST On Fri, 20 Dec 1996 12:08:25 -0600 (CST) Chris Bongaarts writes: >In the immortal words of Matthew James: > >>> Flansburgh: I remember ghostwriting some sports reviews. . . >sports news >>> stories. There was some basic information there, but I remember >really >[...] >>This is a little odd because when they were on one of those late >night >>talk shows (can't remember if it was Conan or Dave or whoever) they >said >>that their paper was rather strange because they thought they had the >>only high school paper in the country without a Sports section. > >One can write sports stories for the News section if you lack a Sports >section. > I believe that in the same article where Flans talked about being a ghostwriter, they mentioned that They did not have a sports section, but the faculty member in charge of overseeing the newspaper started making them include a sports section. This is when Linnell started his underground comic strip, having himself and other newspaper staff dressed as Nazis and proposing that they take over the school. Flans was really impressed by this comic strip. Jen ------------------------------ From: "Maria, Nick" Subject: TMBG: The 'tickle-me Elmo" deception... Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:31:05 +1100 It is time to join the Hype!! For the good of the TMBG world, we can exploit human frailty by exporting a $60 (Australian) vibrating doll and sell it for $$$$!! The money could be used in the "They Might Be Appreciated" society, raising money to help starving refugees and the development of They videos!! If you've got it, flaunt it! Cheers and Beers 10000ft Septic PS These dolls are pretty hideous! All red, and always on the verge of epilepsy! ------------------------------ From: "Maria, Nick" Subject: TMBG: Nightclubbing Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:55:01 +1100 Hello! Well, there has been plenty of talk about They on the radio (which we had more than our fair share across the entire of Australia last week!!), and I was wondering if people go to night-clubs (or discos!) where they play They songs, and what songs do they play!! I've heard Birdhouse and Ana Ng a number of times (both in Brisbane and Perth at their alternative night-clubs). Also, when I went and saw TISM two weeks ago (I now have Ron Hitler Barassi's ski mask!ha!ha!) Istanbul was played prior to the show, and Birdhouse straight afterwards (which was a bit surprising since the only thing TISM and TMBG have in common is the T and the M). Your thoughts!?! Cheers and Beers 10000ft Septic ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:33:37 GMT From: "Colin O....................." Subject: TMBG: Triple J hottest 100.... Hi guys... just letting you know that down here in Australia, TripleJ, Australia's youth network radio station is running it's annual Hottest 100 competition for songs released this year. It would be good to see how high we could get S-E-X-X-Y up the chart. They had one the year Flood came out and Birdhouse got to around number 90 if I remember correctly. To find the voting form for it, you need to go to : http://www.abc.net.au/triplej They are also offering a prize of a trip for 2 to anywhere in the world you want to go...could be worth having a look at guys.... Thanks guys..... Colin O................. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 17:33:42 -0800 From: Dave Gooch Organization: People Who Think Judgemental People Suck Subject: Re: non-TMBG: concerning liam neeson CWLKNSN@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu wrote: > > concerning liam and six degrees thing.... > if we can use directors then how about > speilberg directs liam neeson in shindlers list > then just take the spielberg connection and it can be done... > i have totally blanked on speilberg films, and cant make the connection myself > sam You can't use directors (unless they were in the movie i.e. Orson Welles in Citizen Kane) One possible way to connect Liam Neeson to Kevin Bacon (not necessarily the best): Liam Neeson was in Rob Roy with Tim Roth. Tim Roth was in Four Rooms with Antonio Banderas. Antonio Banderas was in Philadelphia with Tom Hanks. Tom Hanks was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon. -- "Man is in love and loves what vanishes, What more is there to say?" -- W. B. Yeats ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 20:42:44 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Catalogue Orders, etc >>Why don't you call the club (Water Street Music Hall is that it?) they would know if anybody. When I called the 9:30 they told me right away.<< I did, but it was one of those "For _____, press [#] now." messages.. >>I ordered the O Tannenbaum single in early November, and I was hoping to get it by Xmas. Is there any way to confirm orders from TMB Productions?<< I got mine in 6 days (!). Of course, you live in Canada... >>(it might have been so fast because I'm in NY state) << Ditto. :) And I got a yellow TMBG sticker as well. It's on my cd walkman. :) ~sarah, being driven crazy by this wacky touchpad mouse laptop... :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 21:23:47 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: 9:30 club list of attendence Christopher R Sexton wrote: > > Is anyone going to the DC show on the 27th? Here's a list: Bob Plass & Lauren Jeff Scanlon Kaylum (from newsgroup: Demona Adam (voidchild) Nikolai Tolstoy Ann Priestman & Autumn Patrick Savage GoodOmenz Jdmack01 Ambush Bug (&friends) RoseAnne Wiles <1stuart@shore.intercom.net> Todd Dayton Dave Williams and me. :) Any corrections or additions? Post it, or mail me. -Mismirilda ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: Q review of FS Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 21:44:07 -0500 (EST) Hello, I found this review of Factory Showroom in their New Imports section : They Might Be Giants Factory Showrom Elektra 61862-2 Like our very own Carter USM-wacky, lo-budget nerd duo; accidentally big in 1991 - They Might Be Giants got themselves an unnecessary drummer one album ago. A further similarity: neither act is going to let waning UK popularity stop them putting records out (in native America, their curve still points modestly up). This sixth album, though their richest self-production to date, still rings with the old Two Johns (Linnell and Flansburgh) hallmarks: perky tempos, surreal lyrical concerns, sci-fi organ. Their collegiate boogie is actually in hearty shape, tracks like Metal Detector, Pet Name and XTC Vs Adam Ant as good as anything on their head-turning Lincoln album. The insincere doo-wop and one recording on an 1898 Edison wax cyclinder will still make tattooed men squirm. 3 stars out of 5 (which means: Good. Not for everyone, but fine within it's field) by Andrew Collins Granted, I have only heard 1 Carter USM album, 101 Damnations, but I don't see the connection to the Unstoppable Sex Machine. I don't like that album really either. Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:24:48 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: cute Linnell! The Flying Pollock wrote: > Are all girls attracted to Linnell? Are they? I took my girlfriend > to the concert and all she could talk about afterwards was how "incredibly > hot that John Linnell is". Something about his manly forearms... ?? Yeah, his forearms bulge with muscle! It's from holding all those heavy instruments. But the part of his arm between the elbow and shoulder looks skinny enough to circle your fingers around. Naw, people are always getting on his case for being so thin. But I think it makes him even cuter! It adds a feeling of sympathy to him just being cute. Like seeing a kitten with its head stuck in a fence. Actually, the first time I saw him was the Katy Manor interview, and he frightened me! So insane looking... More ramblings, from the desk of -Mismirilda ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:34:42 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: TMBdreams Maria, Nick wrote: > > I have now fallen into the 'They are now invading my sleeping time' > category!! Last night I dreamt that I went to Their concert, and Me too! We could start a big thread about dreams we've had about TMBG... or is that a bad idea? -Mismirilda ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:35:36 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Cool bands that use accordians... I'm a big fan of both TMBG and "Weird Al", and I was wondering what other great bands use accordians frequently. I bought a really fun album tonight called 'No Strings Attached' by Those Darn Accordians! Any other recommendations? -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: John Murray Subject: TMBG: 23 and 9:30 Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:44:39 -0500 (EST) S-E-X-X-Y is No. 23 on the Tower top 50 singles(at least at the Fairfax, VA store). Ahead of such songs as the Macrena(sp?) Chirstmas(yeha). Well it's good to a song a the charts. I hope to be at the 9:30 club show, but it looks like I will not have any way to get there(agian). So if any one in the Northern VA area, I live Springfield near Burke, would help a fellow fan out and give me a ride I would aprrecated it much. IF YOU CAN HELP ME PLEASE E-MAIL ME. -- John Murray -=- jmurray@vt.edu johns@tmbg.org -=- http://acm.vt.edu/~jmurray The Unofficial Pritchard Home Page ->http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~murray/pritchard ------------------------------ From: "Maria, Nick" Subject: RE: TMBG: Cool bands that use accordians... Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 15:01:11 +1100 >I'm a big fan of both TMBG and "Weird Al", and I was wondering what other >great bands use accordians frequently. I was listening to Bjork on the radio yesterday, and the song she was singing had an accordion accompanying it! There was this dude at her concert that played it for a lot of her songs - a really nice effect (It was in a natural amphitheatre with trees in the dance area - a great night!). Cheers and Beers 10000ft Septic > > > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:12:26 -0800 From: Ewok Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: Nightclubbing There aren't very many night clubs in my area that I can go to... but I went to a skating rink last night and my friend flirted with the DJ enough that he played THREE TMBG songs for us-- even though he hasn't even HEARD of them!!! Can you believe it!?!?! We only had John Henry and S-E-X-X-Y single in the car, so we had him play Sensurround, AKA Driver, and No One Knows My Plan. I had the BEST time! I want to DJ at one of those places so I can bring in my box of TMBG CD and chill all night long while watching people fall on their butts! Wouldn't that be cool!?!? -Ewok- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:27:12 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: 9:30 club list of attendence Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 22-Dec-96 TMBG: 9:30 club list of att.. by Mismirilda@erols.com > Bob Plass & Lauren > Jeff Scanlon > Kaylum > (from newsgroup: > Demona > Adam (voidchild) > Nikolai Tolstoy > Ann Priestman & Autumn > Patrick Savage > GoodOmenz > Jdmack01 > Ambush Bug (&friends) > RoseAnne Wiles <1stuart@shore.intercom.net> > Todd Dayton > Dave Williams > and me. :) Lawrence Solomon (for those of you who don't get mail headers, that's me :) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:19:52 -0800 From: Ewok Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBdreams I think it's a GREAT idea!!! One of Bjoerk's fans set up on his page a place for people to submit their actual dreams of her. They are not allowed to be of graphic nature and some of the more embarrassing ones are subitted by anonymouses. Here's the address (http://fsu.uncfsu.edu/~micah/bjkdream.html#index). It's pretty cool. I think someone should set up something of the sort for TMBG. My friend just had a dream a few weeks ago that she married John Linnell. She was pretty excited! Speaking of marraige... when did Flans get married?!?!? and to whom?!?!? I stumbled across an old post that made reference to her... am I THAT uninformed!?!?! -Ewok- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 20:35:12 -0800 (PST) From: Cory Calhoun Subject: TMBG: Re: Liam Neelson Actually, his name is Liam NEESON. No "L". And he's connected to Kevin Bacon the shortest (to my knowledge) through Meryl Streep (Neeson and Streep in "Before and After;" Streep and Bacon in "The River Wild.") Cory ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: Flans wife Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:38:20 -0500 (EST) Flans wife's name is Robin Goldwasser and you can hear her on the Devil Went Down to Newport 7". She goes by "Sister Puff" and sings "Pretty Fly". Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:45:00 -0800 From: Ewok Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: Flans wife Thanks, man. I feels blessed now that I know Flans's wife and I have the same name. (except mine's spelled r-o-b-Y-n). Do you know if she goes on tour w/ Them (especially Atlanta) cause I saw this chick taking pictures with a crappy little camera (so I know it's not the media) in the pit with the security guards. I'm thinking it might be her because I noticed that she kept looking at Flans w/ a goofy smile on her face! She kinda looked like a Flans-girl. When did they get married (about). I'm asking because last year someone told me they are both single and I thought maybe that person knew what he was talking about (maybe not). -ewok- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 01:47:27 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Channel One? Do any of you out there go to High School and have to watch the dippy little news show Channel One? Apperently, its a fairly widespread thing. On Friday, they read a letter from someone who felt that country music was underrepresented on the newscast. I heard that, and immediately said "They Might Be Giants is underepresented on the newscast!" and I had a cool idea. At the Channel One Website, http://www.channelone.com , you can submit a song request. I thought, "what if I could get everyone on the mailing list to send in a request, I bet they'd have to play it!" So, everyone who reads this, please go to the site and send in a request for a TMBG song. I think _Ana Ng_ is probably a good choice. Not my favorite, but normal enough sounding for them to play it. Just think, during your usual boring school day, you'd have a little bit of Them to cheer you up. May the hordes of TMBG'ers unite!!!!!!!!! -- Kevin "100% Curd" McGuire ^ ^ | | | | | | | | -------------That's not butter! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 00:55:44 -0600 From: cowking@nconnect.net (Peter Kesting) Subject: TMBG: TMB Dreams Long time listener (6 months) first time emailer: Once I heard the idea about the TMBG dreams and I immediately strapped on the HTML boots and I wrote a page were anyone can email me their TMB dream and I will put it up there. The address is http://www.nconnect.net/~cowking/tmbd.htm hope to be hearing from you. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-351 ******************************