Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-354 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 354 Thursday, 26 December 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: Neeson/Bacon Non-TMBG:MERRY XMAS TO ALL TMBG: Merry Christmas! TMBG: sexxy3 for sale TMBG: The Amazing Dissapearing SenSurround! TMBG: Sleeping in The flowers and pee shy.. Re: TMBG: Sleeping in The flowers and pee shy.. TMBG: Info Club speed record TMBG: Sabrina... again... TMBG: SOOOOO... SORRY!!!! TMBG: mixes TMBG: sexxy3 for sale TMBG: DJ promo CDs TMBG: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single Re: TMBG: They Might Be On My Car Re: TMBG: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single TMBG: Re: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single Re: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y single TMBG: new mac sounds on my page TMBG: TMBG's recent covers TMBG: Ho Ho Holy Crap is this thing heavy! TMBG: new 9:30 list TMBG: Re: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y single Re: TMBG: Ho Ho Holy Crap is this thing heavy! Re: TMBG: mixes Re: TMBG: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single Re: TMBG: Ho Ho Holy Crap is this thing heavy! TMBG: Protix Re: TMBG: TMBG's recent covers Re: TMBG: Re: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single TMBG: Covers Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 23:36:37 -0800 (PST) From: Cory Calhoun Subject: TMBG: Neeson/Bacon In case nobody saw or whatever, those looking for the shortest route for a Neeson/ Bacon connection: Liam and Meryl Streep in "Before and After" Meryl and Kevin Bacon in "The River Wild" Of course, longer, more complex ones are cool. Cory ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 09:26:07 -0500 Subject: Non-TMBG:MERRY XMAS TO ALL Merry Xmas everyone! Hope you all get what you wanted. Hope to see most of you next your! Visit my homepage: http://members.aol.com/yoel97 (it is a little disorganized right now) Yours truly, -- Joel Gedalius http://members.aol.com/yoel97 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Yoel Hear YE!! Hear YE!! You have been honored by the arrival of electronic mail by yours truly on Wednesday, December 25, 1996 at 9:20 AM "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken" I am a big fan of THE BIG STEAMY THING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is a pie (sideview), Your face, a split second which is headed your way... before the pie hits it..... |||||||||||||||||| / \ |<>\ | ^^^ ^^^ | |<> \ (| <0> <0> |) -----> |<> | | /\ | |<> / \ _ / |<>/ \ / \ / \_\__/_/ You better watch your face!!! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 11:24:51 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Merry Christmas! Hey guys, the tribute tape site has been revamped, sorta :-) If anyone is still interested, please let me know! http://tmbg.home.ml.org -- Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 11:32:33 -0500 Subject: TMBG: sexxy3 for sale merry xmas to all others who celebrate it, eh? I won't bore you with details of what I got -but- I did get the 5 song SEXXY. So now I have a 3 song and a 5 song. Does anyone want to but the 3 song one from me? Hey, it's better than nothing, hm? >I thought TMBG didn't put stuff out on vinyl anymore... "O Tannenbaum......" >There's still talk of the vinyl-only compilation called 'Crap' >with stuff that wasn't deemed good enough for Superfueled >Freaksicle by Elektra... True? Mm, sounds yummy. :) I love anything TMBG does, even if it's "crap". >And I fing it entertaining to see if I can make all the songs on >one mix have similar themes or at least be mildly related, Yeah, I've done that once in awhile. But then I just get so darn bored. okay. buh bye. ~sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 13:14:25 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: The Amazing Dissapearing SenSurround! True Story: When I first got the SEXXY 5-song single almost a month ago at Media Play they had the 5-song and a 3-song with SenSurround. Recently I had to go buy a new SEXXY 5-song ('cause I sort of lost the old one (When you got to listen to WGAWTS you have GOT TO listen to WGAWTS)). When I went to buy it (at Media Play) (about 4 days ago) they had that and a 3-song single with WGAWTS. Hmmm.... ------------------------------ From: Plaguerat2@aol.com Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 13:41:38 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Sleeping in The flowers and pee shy.. There is a radio promo of sleeping in the flowers.. it only has that song and is in no way publicly available.. the only way to get it is to steal it/ or brown nose a local disc jockey to get it.. as for Pee Shy... they're from tampa FL.. i beleive.. .. and they've been around for awhile but WLATMO is they're first cd... Little Dudes is on every "alternative sampler" ever made at least around here... and you can order the SEXXY cd5 from any Sam Goody, Tower Records, FYE, The Wall, or any other big music chain... ------------------------------ From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Sleeping in The flowers and pee shy.. Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 11:45:48 -0800 Actually a lot of promo singles are available now at used stores and some stores on the web, although they always say on them 'not to be sold this is the property of the record label blah blah blah', I often see them for sale. I personally have many radio promo CDs and CD singles. One case in point is the Live iN NY promo CD which was supposed to be for radio stations only and I am sure many people on this list own it and are not DJs and did not steal them from a DJ. ---------- > From: Plaguerat2@aol.com > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Sleeping in The flowers and pee shy.. > Date: Wednesday, December 25, 1996 10:41 AM > > There is a radio promo of sleeping in the flowers.. it only has that song and > is in no way publicly available.. the only way to get it is to steal it/ or > brown nose a local disc jockey to get it.. as for Pee Shy... they're from > tampa FL.. i beleive.. .. and they've been around for awhile but WLATMO is > they're first cd... Little Dudes is on every "alternative sampler" ever made > at least around here... and you can order the SEXXY cd5 from any Sam Goody, > Tower Records, FYE, The Wall, or any other big music chain... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 13:05:21 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Info Club speed record I forgot to tell y'all yesterday-- my info club stuff came on Monday. I ordered it on Dec. 5, so it came in a world record (for me) of 2 1/2 weeks. And I live in California! So there is hope, after all... --nicole the wonder nerd was born in a lighthouse... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:29:48 -0800 From: Charles Box Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Sabrina... again... I know this is probably a dead subject... but... I was reading Nicole's post and after her name she had "I was born in a lighthouse..." Then I started turning circles in my mind going, "where have I heard that besides TMBG???" Than I was like... "the guy from Sabrina (her cousin???) said he was born in a lighthouse!!!! Maybe there's a connection???" I was SO surprised it didn't soak in when I watched it!! I picked up the Nebraska part (because my friend was w/ me who just moved to Georgia from Nebraska), but it didn't even dawn on me it was in Absolutely Bill's Mood! Weird, eh? But anyway, so I looked at the past digests (because I just got on the mailing list less than a week ago) to see if anyone else picked it up. Then I saw that someone did... but didn't get any replies related to that episode. So I would just like to post a note saying "I DID see it... and I JUST realized it now. Your not alone out there my Sabrina-watchin' pal!" -Ewok- "I'm insane... I'm insane..." ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:42:40 -0800 From: Ewok Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: SOOOOO... SORRY!!!! Hey Listen Charles... don't get mad or anything!!! I didn't mean to use your name and email there!!! I checked my mail on a different computer than what I keep my mailing list stuff on so I forwarded it to myself changing my Preferences so I'd remember who sent it... unfortunitely... I forgot to change it BACK to Ewok (rmille@ibm.net) before posting the Sabrina thing! SO TO EVERYONE OUT THERE!!!! Charles Box DID NOT post the last note... I did. My name is Robyn Miller (AKA Ewok) NOT Charles Box. Sorry for the embarrassment and inconvience! :P -Ewok- ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: mixes Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:05:02 -0500 (EST) ho ho ho, What did you name these extravaganzas of mixes? The best part is coming up with a cool, nifty name for the mix. My friend got me into that a few years back. It's sometimes difficult to make a 90 minute tape of different bands music and have it all fit under some sort of theme. Matt (listening to A18 now! whooo) > > I just got a new walkman, and because i own like five tapes(one of which > is flood), I've gotten into making mixes so I have something to listen > to. And I fing it entertaining to see if I can make all the songs on one > mix have similar themes or at least be mildly related, and I've noticed > something: tMBG have a lot of songs which fit well onto different theme > mixes. For example, on my school mix, I put James K. Polk, Mammal, and > Puppet Head(actually about a job, but appropriate to me). On my travel > mix(yet to be made) I will put AKA driver, boat of car, Mrs. Train, > Destination Moon, etc.On my personal favorite so far, though, my > "mental" mix, I could only think of one TMBG song that fit the theme > exactly: Absolutely Bill's Mood. I ended up also putting Purple Toupee > on because I like it, and I needed to fill up some space. but anyway, > isn't it strange how TMBG, a band known for insanity have so few songs > explicitly about insanity? Nobody cares. Oh well. > > Oh, by the way, listen to Pink Floyd's Brain Damage, Nirvana's Lithium, > Absolutely Bill's Mood, Talking Heads' Psycho Killer, and the Beatles' I > am the walrus and see how sane you can stay. > -- > "It's OK to be afraid when the blue spark hits your brain"-Talking Heads > > Jonah and Gold Lame will turn your brain around > -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: sexxy3 for sale Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:09:59 -0500 (EST) Hey again, > merry xmas to all others who celebrate it, eh? I won't bore you with details > of what I got -but- I did get the 5 song SEXXY. So now I have a 3 song and a > 5 song. Does anyone want to but the 3 song one from me? Hey, it's better than > nothing, hm? It might be a collectors item ya know? > >And I fing it entertaining to see if I can make all the songs on > >one mix have similar themes or at least be mildly related, > Yeah, I've done that once in awhile. But then I just get so darn bored. Ahh but it's the most exciting way to do it! 8-) Turn around, Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: DJ promo CDs Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:14:23 -0500 (EST) Yeah, I must have about 30 of those Promo CDs that are supposed to only be used by DJs. I thought maybe after a certain amount of time used stores could sell them, but I saw one of Factory Showroom 2 days before it even came out. Although radio stations do tend to get them like a month or so before they came out so.... One CD of Republica I got even said 'Not for Sale' right on the CD itself! Speaking of Tower, they seem to have a good single collection (the only good thing about Tower in my opinion) but when I went to the one near work, I had heard that they had a much bigger single section which was like twice as big! I wonder why they toned it down? Ahh well, stick with the local used record places, they're the best. Matt > > Actually a lot of promo singles are available now at used stores and some > stores on the web, although they always say on them 'not to be sold this is > the property of the record label blah blah blah', I often see them for > sale. I personally have many radio promo CDs and CD singles. One case in > point is the Live iN NY promo CD which was supposed to be for radio > stations only and I am sure many people on this list own it and are not DJs > and did not steal them from a DJ. > ---------- > > From: Plaguerat2@aol.com > > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > > Subject: TMBG: Sleeping in The flowers and pee shy.. > > Date: Wednesday, December 25, 1996 10:41 AM > > > > There is a radio promo of sleeping in the flowers.. it only has that song > and > > is in no way publicly available.. the only way to get it is to steal it/ > or > > brown nose a local disc jockey to get it.. as for Pee Shy... they're from > > tampa FL.. i beleive.. .. and they've been around for awhile but WLATMO > is > > they're first cd... Little Dudes is on every "alternative sampler" ever > made > > at least around here... and you can order the SEXXY cd5 from any Sam > Goody, > > Tower Records, FYE, The Wall, or any other big music chain... > -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:39:16 -0500 (EST) From: Deanna Rubin Subject: TMBG: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single i feel like rambling and throwing in my two cents, so: i'm gonna be at the 930 club show, along with my brother, and with Lawrence and whoever else is going with him. I'll again be the chick in the Apollo 18 shirt and the khakis. (wondering if it'll be a distinctive description at this show or not) i got the S-E-X-X-Y single yesterday. 5-song version, of course. i sort of really think it was a waste of my money.. i really don't like the song S-E-X-X-Y anymore at all, I thought it would grow on me a lot more than it actually did, so I didn't like the mixes of it on the single.. I really disliked this version of Sensurround - seriously, the "ba-ba-ba" part was so cool in the original version, and this just seemed so cut and dried compared to the version on the MMPR soundtrack or the version they'd play live.. shrug. Unforgotten I could live with or without, not a very memorable song. I really LOVED "we've got a world that swings", though. I think that song made buying the single worth it.. so my recommendation to most people is that unless theyre completists, they really ought to save a buck or two and buy the 3-song version of the CD single. anyway, that's my rambling for the day. have a merry christmas and see some of you at the 930 show (i hope there are still tickets left at the door, though! i didn't know I could go to the show until yesterday..) -- deanna (who can't tell if her sig is going to work in this mail program or not. whee.) ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:39:08 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be On My Car Nicole the wonder nerd said she has a They-related licence plate frame. Tell me, where DID you get that? I want one. -phurr ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 18:50:10 -0800 From: Ewok Organization: United TMBG-Freaks, Inc. Subject: Re: TMBG: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single Deanna Rubin wrote: > .. i really don't like > the song S-E-X-X-Y anymore at all, same here... my friend and translated it into German, though, which is a little more enertaining... >I didn't like the mixes of it on the > single.. AMEN!! Can you say "too repetative"?!?!?! >I really disliked this version of Sensurround - seriously, the > "ba-ba-ba" part was so cool in the original version, and this just > seemed so cut and dried compared to the version on the MMPR soundtrack > or the version they'd play live.. shrug. We have the SAME opinions!!!! WOW!!! The new part isn't BAD... but I thought the old version was cuter :) >Unforgotten I could live with or without, Ditto. > I really LOVED "we've got a world that swings", though. I think that song made buying the single worth it.. Once again... we agree... :) What can I say? Great minds think alike!!! I've had arguments about my opinions on the SEXXY single before. I'm glad someone agrees with me!!! -Ewok- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 18:58:40 -0800 From: Ewok Organization: United TMBG-Freaks, Inc. Subject: TMBG: Re: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single Deanna Rubin wrote: >.. i really don't like > the song S-E-X-X-Y anymore at all, same here... my friend and translated it into German, though, which is a little more enertaining... >I didn't like the mixes of it on the > single.. AMEN!! Can you say "too repetative"?!?!?! >I really disliked this version of Sensurround - seriously, the > "ba-ba-ba" part was so cool in the original version, and this just > seemed so cut and dried compared to the version on the MMPR soundtrack > or the version they'd play live.. shrug. We have the SAME opinions!!!! WOW!!! The new part isn't BAD... but I thought the old version was cuter :) >Unforgotten I could live with or without, Ditto. > I really LOVED "we've got a world that swings", though. I think that song made buying the single worth it.. Once again... we agree... :) What can I say? Great minds think alike!!! I've had arguments about my opinions on the SEXXY single before. I'm glad someone agrees with me!!! -Ewok- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 19:17:25 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y single At 06:50 PM 12/25/96 -0800, you wrote: >Deanna Rubin wrote: >> >.. i really don't like >> the song S-E-X-X-Y anymore at all, > >same here... my friend and translated it into German, though, which is a >little more enertaining... Ha... I was trying to translate it into spanish about a week or two ago, but I got bored and stopped. >>I really disliked this version of Sensurround - seriously, the >> "ba-ba-ba" part was so cool in the original version, and this just >> seemed so cut and dried compared to the version on the MMPR soundtrack >> or the version they'd play live.. shrug. I would love to hear the llive version (but Nooooo... they had to not play it at the concert I went to.... but they can't win that easily... no... they'll be back... they all come crawling back....) Er, right. What was I saying? Yeah, well I like the sexxy version better, but maybe cause I heard it before I heard the MMPR version. I love both versions. >>Unforgotten I could live with or without, > >Ditto. make that three votes. ('Forgotten' more like it) >> I really LOVED "we've got a world that swings", though. I think that song >>made buying the single worth it.. Anyone else noticed that some of the best songs they've put out lately (not ALL, just SOME) are covers? Evan, who really doesn't like putting his name at the end of a message cause it's right there in the signature anyway. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow, and that is beautiful. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 19:57:34 -0500 Subject: TMBG: new mac sounds on my page any of you other macintoshers out there--- I've begun a page of sounds that *I* recorded....TMBG, KITH (KITH ones will actually be a while.. I left my KITH sounds at home!)... it's pretty teeny now, but I just started it. I finally have hold of a decent modem!! Whoo hoo! http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/sound.html I hope it works. Check it out! ~sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 20:12:47 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG's recent covers << Anyone else noticed that some of the best songs they've put out lately (not ALL, just SOME) are covers? >> Funny you should mention that, because I was thinking about this subject the other day. It seems that everyone is going ga ga over "I've Got a World That Swings" (and rightfully so!), and quite a few folks have declared "New York City" their fave _Factory Showroom_ song (or at least the catchiest one on that album). It's certainly understandable--who can resist Flans singing, "Now I'd walk through blizzards just to get us back together," or Linnell crooning, "So I'll flip a little do until I'm holding you" (whatever that means!). It just struck me as odd that these songs are so popular with TMBG fans since they're so, well, mushy! For guys who write such supremely cynical/bittersweet love songs themselves (I'm sure any of us could name about 10 off the bat), their recent covers are definitely of the shamelessly romantic variety. I don't know if that's an indication of contentment in their romantic lives, but I certainly hope so--good luck in love, John and John, you certainly deserve it! Kay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 20:27:46 -0500 (EST) From: gonk@valley.net (Robert Grabill) Subject: TMBG: Ho Ho Holy Crap is this thing heavy! Merry X-mas to you all. And happy belated Chaunanananananananannananka (sp?). Anyways, I just wanted to mention that in the tower ad in the new rolling stone, it has them. Also, I got an accordian for christmas, and wearing an accordian for a few hours is the best was to tone your upper-body. Anyway, does anyone have any TMBG accordian music? Merry Christmas! ^ From Me, Rob Grabill /_\_______________-------------------------------- gonk@valley.net /___\ |They Might Be Giants | "You have no idea | | O Tannenbaum | how stupid you look |------------------------------| right now." "I probably look like my father" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 20:54:06 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: new 9:30 list Here's the NEW, improved attendence list: Bob Plass & Lauren Kaylum Matt James & friends John Murray (maybe) Michael Alan Householder Deanna Rubin (from newsgroup: Demona Adam (voidchild) Nikolai Tolstoy Ann Priestman & Autumn Patrick Savage GoodOmenz Jdmack01 Ambush Bug (&friends) RoseAnne Wiles & Linda Stuart <1stuart@shore.intercom.net> Todd Dayton Dave Williams Christy Steve 'Scooter' Kramer Lawrence P Solomon Wow! Okay, see all of you there! -Mismirilda ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 21:06:02 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Re: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single Ewok wrote: > > Deanna Rubin wrote: > >.. i really don't like > > the song S-E-X-X-Y anymore at all, > > same here... my friend and translated it into German, though, which is > a little more enertaining... Ooh, fun! My friend and I translated it (well, half of it) into French. (But we have all of Don't Let's Start translated) Post your translation! Here's what we have of ours. S-E-X-X-Y Plus que assez Tout les heures, avec ne personne d'autres S-E-X-X-Y Elle est la Debout sur le lit Bonbons dans une main [wig] sur sa tete S-E-X-X-Y Keep in mind, there are supposed to be accents that aren't here. And the pronounciations are much different. For example, S-E-X-X-Y is pronounced "es-uh-eex-eex-egleck" Also, some things could not be translated directly. 'Around the clock' is an American expression, so it was changed into 'all the hours'. 'Cookie' has four syllables in french, so it was changed to 'candy'. And we couldn't find the word for wig. If anyone could improved on this, or expand, please do. :) -Mismirilda ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y single From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 21:16:53 EST Happy Holidays everyone;) My hubby gave me the S-E-X-X-Y single and Back to Skull single for Christmas (he's a sweetie). This was my first time hearing SenSurround, so I'm unaware of the live version or the soundtrack version, but I've gotta say that I absolutely LOVE this song (it's now one if not the favorite song of theirs). It sounds very similar to TMHFO which is my favorite song off of FS. I have a feeling from other posts I've read that I'm in the minority. But, what can I say-John Henry's my favorite They album too, and I think I'm in the minority there as well;). Unforgotten is okay, nothing great - and I really like We've Got a World That Swings. I don't care for S-E-X-X-Y at all, no matter how it is remixed. On Back to Skull, I really liked She Was a Hotel Detective and Mrs. Train. Ondine was okay, but not as good as the other songs on the CD. Ya know, actually, Linnell could write a song about belching and I think that I would absolutely love it;). He's an absolutely WONDERFUL melody writer. Well, I guess I'll go back to lurking;) Jen (who's embarrassed that she's 26 and is absolutely loving her Nintendo 64 that Santa brought her) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 21:18:19 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Ho Ho Holy Crap is this thing heavy! At 08:27 PM 12/25/96 -0500, you wrote: >Merry X-mas to you all. And happy belated Chaunanananananananannananka >(sp?). Anyways, I just wanted to mention that in the tower ad in the new >rolling stone, it has them. Also, I got an accordian for christmas, and >wearing an accordian for a few hours is the best was to tone your >upper-body. Anyway, does anyone have any TMBG accordian music? you can always print out midi files (unless you don't have a program that does that, cause then you can never print out midi files) Anyone have the url for that one program that did it? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 96 22:35 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: mixes >What did you name these extravaganzas of mixes? >The best part is coming up with a cool, nifty name for the mix. My >friend got me into that a few years back. I just made my friend Mindy a TMBG mix using my *new* cd player (yay!), and I called it "They Might Be Mindy." I hope she likes it.. Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "I stand on my head and watch it all go away." -Rancid "Junkie Man" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 23:00:11 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 25-Dec-96 TMBG: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y s.. by Deanna Rubin@CMU.EDU > or the version they'd play live.. shrug. Unforgotten I could live with Actually, at the Fairfax Fair in June, they played the version that's on the single. No ba-ba-ba part, but the instrumental part did sound very similar to what's on the single. Also, regarding the 9:30 club and tickets... from what I've heard there are still quite a lot of tickets left. It shouldn't be nearly as crowded as it was in August. Anyone here know the number for ProTix? 703-something. It's not printed on my ticket. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 23:03:06 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Ho Ho Holy Crap is this thing heavy! Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 25-Dec-96 TMBG: Ho Ho Holy Crap is th.. by Robert Grabill@valley.ne > upper-body. Anyway, does anyone have any TMBG accordian music? You can use the guitar chords from www.tmbg.org or ftp.max.physics.sunysb.edu/pub/tmbg/chords on the accordion. If a song is in 2/4 or 4/4, just play bass note/chord with an alternating bass and it should sound OK. Sometimes you've got to fake it, though. Since Linnell only really plays the keyboard half, it's really just the chords straight out. You might have to work with some inversions sometimes. ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: Protix Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 00:03:11 -0500 (EST) > Also, regarding the 9:30 club and tickets... from what I've heard there > are still quite a lot of tickets left. It shouldn't be nearly as > crowded as it was in August. Anyone here know the number for ProTix? > 703-something. It's not printed on my ticket. Protix is 703-218-6500 410-481-6500 1-800-955-5566 I'll see *you* there! Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: cowking@nconnect.net Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 23:52:41 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG's recent covers You said that They are writing mushy songs. You point to New York City. Well they didn't really write that song. Cub did. -Cow King check out They Might Be Dreams ><< Anyone else noticed that some of the best songs they've put out lately >(not > ALL, just SOME) are covers? >> > >Funny you should mention that, because I was thinking about this subject the >other day. It seems that everyone is going ga ga over "I've Got a World That >Swings" (and rightfully so!), and quite a few folks have declared "New York >City" their fave _Factory Showroom_ song (or at least the catchiest one on >that album). It's certainly understandable--who can resist Flans singing, >"Now I'd walk through blizzards just to get us back together," or Linnell >crooning, "So I'll flip a little do until I'm holding you" (whatever that >means!). It just struck me as odd that these songs are so popular with TMBG >fans since they're so, well, mushy! For guys who write such supremely >cynical/bittersweet love songs themselves (I'm sure any of us could name >about 10 off the bat), their recent covers are definitely of the >shamelessly romantic variety. >I don't know if that's an indication of contentment in their romantic lives, >but I certainly hope so--good luck in love, John and John, you certainly >deserve it! > >Kay > > ------------------------------ From: cowking@nconnect.net Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 00:07:36 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 930 show, S-E-X-X-Y single >> same here... my friend and translated it into German, though, which is >> a little more enertaining... > >Ooh, fun! My friend and I translated it (well, half of it) into French. >(But we have all of Don't Let's Start translated) >Post your translation! Here's what we have of ours. > >S-E-X-X-Y >Plus que assez >Tout les heures, avec ne personne d'autres >S-E-X-X-Y > >Elle est la >Debout sur le lit >Bonbons dans une main >[wig] sur sa tete >S-E-X-X-Y Wow I translated it into Latin. Venitus solus in vestimentias ad eia cupia ad eia digiti Eis es via coloquim partem dare S-I-X-X-Y Amplia quam satis circumvenia clockus(?) cum nemo valum S-I-X-X-Y Thats really all I did then I realized what I was doing then I stopped Cow King ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 01:14:44 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Covers With all this talk about covers, are there any songs you'd like TMBG to cover? I'd kill for a copy of TMBG doing "Turning Japanese"! -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-354 ******************************