Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-357 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 357 Sunday, 29 December 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: 930 show TMBG: BOBA MAIL: Cage Match Re: TMBG: 930 show TMBG: name for list? and re: lava lamp TMBG: java.mail: tour updates, translations TMBG: NYC & I'll Sink Manhattan TMBG: 9:30 Club show lastnight Re: TMBG: java.mail: tour updates, translations TMBG: No one in the world ever gets what they want Re: TMBG: name for list? and re: lava lamp Re: TMBG: 930 show Re: TMBG: Re: Flans wife TMBG: Note from the Trend-setter... (hee-hee) TMBG: Flans' Wife TMBG: Review: Yet another negative one Re: TMBG: NYC & I'll Sink Manhattan TMBG: Re: Review: Yet another negative one TMBG: 9:30 club review Re: TMBG: java.mail: tour updates, translations TMBG: java.mail: mY nAmE iS tOrGo...I dELiVeR piZzA wHiLe tHe MaSter TMBG: Opening bands Re: TMBG: Opening bands TMBG: TMBG rocks 9:30 club!!! TMBG: Pictures, St. Louis, Hey! TMBG: Blues Traveler / Late Night / Upcoming concerts TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-356 TMBG: .... Re: TMBG: 9:30 Club show lastnight TMBG: Quote of the Day Re: TMBG: TMBG rocks 9:30 club!!! TMBG: Linnell TMBG: 930 show Re: TMBG: Linnell Re: TMBG: Opening bands TMBG: Shoehorn with Teeth... TMBG: Mailing list name TMBG: Opening Bands java.re: TMBG: Shoehorn with Teeth... NON NON NON TMBG:The Bacon Oracle TMBG: Making Boxes Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 03:58:30 -0500 (EST) From: Deanna Rubin Subject: TMBG: 930 show wow, are there really no posts about the show yet? amazing. i just got home. well, more like an hour ago, but then had to deal with my mom drilling me like "you went WHERE in DC until WHEN?" heh. well, this show was worth it. if anyone taped it i WANT a copy.. i'll trade whatever for it. it was kinda interesting to meet other listies for the first time in like four years or so.. i got to meet the illustrious matt james, and the artists-in-training demona and mismirelda, and we drove there with john murray, who was quite nice to me and lawrence despite how annoying we probly really were, bragging about how many shows we've been to and all the songs we've seen live. teehee. sorry i didn't get to meet anyone else - i was told that random people were around, but dammit, i staked out that spot right against the front and wasn't moving.. well, except for one minute at the beginning tto go get a free poster.. that was pretty cool. the show was wonderful.. my little brother was there with us and it was his first real concert, let alone first TMBG show, and he thought it wwas really cool too.. especially how they kept improvving all of this christmas music.. and i liked all the stories flans told, especially "my wife gave me a suitcase for christmas.. i wonder what that means" and the other great one was linnell with "You'll notice Eric isn't with us today.. he's in Hawaii doing more important things.. he'll probably hear I was embarrassing him like this and go 'WHY, JOHN, WHY?!'" and wow, they played shoehorn. i was kinda disturbed that they didn't play Don't Let's Start (this was my eighth show and it was the first one I ever saw where they didn't play DLS) but they made up for it by playing three songs off Lincoln.. actually the set seemed nicely spaced, that was prettyy cool, nowhere near as annoying as the one at metropol. they took out counterfeit faker and added in They Got Lost, which was pretty neat as I hadn't heard it before.. did anyone else see how rude the security guys were at the end with the setlists? really.. i was really annoyed at how blatantly rude they were about that, like crumbling up the setlist and throwing it at someone, or tearing it in half and giving someone one piece, etc. other than that i thoguht the 930 club was pretty darn cool... wonderful crowd, quite docile compared to metropol. ramble ramble ramble. anyone else notice also that flans seemed to sing an awful lot more than linnell? i don't know if i'm just prejudiced because I like linnell more, but it seemed flans stole the show a lot vocally.. and at one point i was almost thinking Robyn must have made up the setlist.. i forget exactly why, it just seemed flans was singing all of his relationship-type songs (not that i minded; it was great to hear She's Actual Size again) but still.. sigh. i guess i'll shut up now and let someone else take over and say how cool the show was. and how bad the opening act was. seriously, the opener in pittsburgh was just sooo much better. bye.. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 09:09:13 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: BOBA MAIL: Cage Match Some of you guys were talking about They winning that Cage Match on that radio station for three months. I remember in the summer, Spiralling Shape was kicking some major ass, and beat out popular songwriters Tori Amos and Alice and Chains, just to name a few. -- Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://boba.home.ml.org http://bobasboots.home.ml.org http://wendyrulz.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 10:03:06 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: 930 show My turn! Ok, well. You've summed up a lot of what I wanted to say... the Christmas stuff between songs was neat... as was the absence of Eric. That was, in fact, one of the best aspects of the show. The audience was very well behaved - even more so than the last 9:30 show. The opening act was horrible, but I will say I'm glad of two things: 1. It was only 45 minutes and 2. He stopped after the shirt. The set list, which some of you may have seen me writing down was: Lady is a Tramp (pre-recorded intro) James K. Polk Santa's Beard Istanbul New York City NyQuil Driver (some weird 70s song - Let the Music Play?) Your Own Worst Enemy (introduced as a Christmas themed song) Ana Ng (almost normal - no extra extended intro, even) She's Actual Size (Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's got... all the money...) Subliminal (with some fake backwards singing at the end) Particle Man How Can I Sing Like Girl (it's great without the guitar solos) Turn Around (I hope whoever was taping it got the "audience participation") Maybe I Know Sleeping in the Flowers ("Eric's in Hawaii" speech) Shoehorn with Teeth (coincidence?) Pet Name (take it out and put in the Bells Are Ringing or something) Whistling in the Dark (Flans played the horn parts on Guitar) Why Does the Sun Shine? Snail Shell The Guitar (with drum solo intro) Spider Birdhouse in Your Soul (almost normal, shortened ending) S-E-X-X-Y (this song is almost good without Eric) Dig My Grave ---- Older (eeew, weird modulation on guitar) XTC vs Adam Ant (take it out, play Metal Detector) The End of the Tour (I'm so glad they played this) Twisting ---- They Got Lost (another one missing from Metropol) the set list, from what I could tell, had SPY written after LOST, but they didn't play it, reducing, once again, the list of "songs I've heard at every concert I've been to." John Linnell seemed to be really enjoying himself, especially during the accordion parts in Subliminal and Particle Man... and he did, once again, transpose the last Triangle Man verse into a minor key about half way through. The pace of the show was kind of weird. They seemed to really kill the momentm by playing Shoehorn with Teeth right after Sleeping in the Flowers - Flans commented after Sleeping in the Flowers that he thought he'd have to move it up in the set list more. They didn't play much from Factory Showroom - at least not as much as they did in Pittsburgh. No Till My Head Falls Off, no Metal Detector. No Spiraling Shape, but they haven't been playing that much anyway, so I didn't really expect it. At one point, due to all our yelling and the sign saying "PLAY SHE'S AN ANGEL!" (whoever brought that was really cool :) Flans announced to us that the set list was pre-determined, and no last minute additions could be made. Since he did acknowledge this, though, I'm guessing it'll show up on the set the next time they're at 9:30... maybe they'll start playing it again in general (I can always hope, right :). I think there were some things they had written down but decided not to play - Spy was one of them. Anyone who got a set list, did you notice any others? I really don't understand them not playing Till My Head Falls Off, unless they absolutely require Eric's playing for it... Oh well. What'll it be, another 3 months before I see them again? We'll need more help for She's an Angel next time - maybe. Hopefully they'll play it anyway so we can shout for Fingertips. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 13:51:27 -0500 Subject: TMBG: name for list? and re: lava lamp whoo hoo..... tomorrows my big day! 8) I even made a bootleg TMBG shirt. (Istanbul was just on the radio, huh. Weird. It's usually SEXXY when I'm posting to the list .) I can't wait. I thought of something. Okay, see-- I'm on the Barenaked Ladies list, which is named Bedside Manor (after their song King Of Bedside Manor). And the XTC list-- I'm not on it, but I know it's named Chalkhills after one of their songs. What's ours? I'm so tired of saying "the they might be giants list". It's a mouthful. :) Toddler Hiway? Um.. Istanbul? Can't be Cowtown. That's a chat. Hmm. What do you think sirs? >>However, after a day or so of staring at a blue LavaLamp<< Lol. I have a blue one too. Don't those just *rock*? :D It was well worth the 40 bucks. I've been wanting some blue xmas lights to match, but the best I could do is reg'lar old multi-coloured ones. Ah well. ~sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: java.mail: tour updates, translations From: java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 14:01:38 EST Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought... Anybody want to post an updated tour list for those of us without Web access? I'm stuck in Arizona with only my Juno mail. And why are we only translating S-E-X-X-Y? Just because it's the single? Come on, let's continue this thread into other songs... Hen ochenta-siete Advil en el [bottle] ahora han treinta. Yo como cuarenta-siete, ?que pasan a los otros diez? ?Por que tu' cambias el subjecto suspiciado y rompas mi concentracion Cuando yo [dump out] el [bottle] y cuento los Adviles un otro tiempo? No me interrumpa cuando struglo a completar este [thought] Tiene [some] respeto por un hombre mas [forgetful] de tu [self]. Y no soy muerto y no seria [till] mi cabeza cae. I should rephrase: I'm stuck in Arizona without Web access or a Spanish dictionary. More in six days when I return to Omaha, my Web access, my Spanish dictionary, and my fellow-Spanish-student-and-TMBG-fan girlfriend. Tim Lloyd java.man@juno.com "Your self-destruction doesn't hurt them. Your chaos won't convert them." -Cake ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 96 19:21:18 UT From: "Kathy and Ryan " Subject: TMBG: NYC & I'll Sink Manhattan This is probably old, and i know they were written by different people, but the thought occured to me that I'll Sink Manhattan could of been when the love mentioned in NYC went sour. no big deal, Ryan Someone teach me to make .sig files! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 14:22:13 -0500 From: "Adam P. Fistler" Subject: TMBG: 9:30 Club show lastnight Well I went to the 9:30 club show. It was pretty good I heard some songs I haven't heard them do in a while. They did end of the tour so that was pretty cool. Now all they have to do is Rhythm Section Want Ad and I can die happy. I can say that the opening band last night topped the Martinies as thier worst opening band.... I did get a boot of the show. It came out pretty good I would give it probally a B. Its 2 tapes The first tape is 90 minutes (41 minutes side 1, 35 minutes side 2), tape 2 is 21 minutes (Encore 1 minute of applause at the begining). On a few occasions the vocals are hard to hear but I noticed that it was like that durning the show. If you want to trade for it or just want it email me. For those intrested the set list from last night was: Lady Is A Tramp (From Misc T. CD)/ Santa's Beard/ Istanbul / New York City / AKA Driver / Your Own Worst Enemy / Ana Ng / She's Actual Size / Subliminal / Particle Man / How Can I Sing Like A Girl / Turn Around / Maybe I Know / Sleeping In The Flowers / Pet Name / Why Does The Sun Shine / Snail Shell / The Guitar / Spider / Birdhouse In Your Soul / S-E-X-X-Y / Dig My Grave / Older / / XTC vs. Adam Ant / End Of The Tour / Twisting / They Got Lost ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 14:38:39 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: java.mail: tour updates, translations >And why are we only translating S-E-X-X-Y? Just because it's the single? > Come on, let's continue this thread into other songs... Mainly, because it's pretty boring lyrically. When I was at a concert I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny if they started singing it in spanish?" -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 15:31:01 -0500 (EST) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: No one in the world ever gets what they want >No one ever >questions what the Prince of After Darkness says (men have donated their >heads to medical science at my request). So we've determined that the Prince of After Darkness thinks the light glinting off of his perfectly white teeth is a beacon for the music lovers of the world towards greatness. So what? He gave a fairly positive write-up both times, even if he does call Flans' protest about being called novelty music "The Sudafed talking." It's really not worth getting on his case about it, especially since, frankly, it makes you and the rest of us look kinda stupid. >"Closer" by Nine Inch Nails I think the Weird Al Polka version of that (complete with cheezy "I wanna you like an animal") sorta wins out ... maybe, though. >Chainsaw Kitten is opening. Gee, *that* sounds pleasant. Josh And that is beautiful... /---------------------------Joshua Hall-Bachner---------------------------\ | particle@servtech.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ From: Plympton@aol.com Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:20:04 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: name for list? and re: lava lamp >I thought of something. Okay, see-- I'm on the Barenaked Ladies list, which >is named Bedside Manor (after their song King Of Bedside Manor). And the XTC >list-- I'm not on it, but I know it's named Chalkhills after one of their >songs. What's ours? I'm so tired of saying "the they might be giants list". >It's a mouthful. :) Toddler Hiway? Um.. Istanbul? Can't be Cowtown. That's a >chat. Hmm. What do you think sirs? what about rabid children? sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:18:52 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: Re: TMBG: 930 show Time to add my two cents: Goatboy was... well... let's just say after they finished a song people in the audience applauded and cheered the fact that the song was over. I must say, Goatboy seemed to really enjoy themselves up on stage. Which isn't too good, since none of the audience felt the same way. And yes, you heard right, the singer/keyboardist took off his shirt. Ick A very surprising thing... TMBG wasn't late! In fact, they were three minutes early! How often does that happen... No Schermer :), no horns :( (whoever made up that pun, it's great) Flans and Linnell talked about it, and Flans did an imitation of Eric like he was a flake or something. I don't think they like Eric much either. :) Flans' wife and Linnell's girlfriend were watching from a private balcony-type thing. They seemed to be good friends; they talked and hugged. Brian was also seen hugging someone, another man wearing a tight, low-cut black shirt. Draw your own conclusions. -Mismirilda ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:23:59 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans wife BlueDawg wrote: > On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Ewok wrote: > > She kinda looked like a Flans-girl. When did they get married (about). > > They got married this summer....in June or July. To be exact, July 14. :) On my friend's birthday. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:21:39 -0800 From: Robyn Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Note from the Trend-setter... (hee-hee) Tim Lloyd wrote: > > And why are we only translating S-E-X-X-Y? Just because it's the single? > Come on, let's continue this thread into other songs... I feel kind of bad I started the whole translating S-E-X-X-Y thing and I haven't even posted MINE yet. I was going to make a web page about it... but, when I had it 90% finished... my computer crapped out. Well, I don't only translate S-E-X-X-Y. I've translated a few others in part. The reason why I mentioned S-E-X-X-Y was because I said how it was getting old and I tried to make it more interesting by singing it in my favorite language, German. Also, this is the only song that I've translated w/ a fellow German student and TMBG fan (my good friend, Heather) and only one of two that I had my German teacher proof-read to make sure it was right. Particle Man was the other... but I lost that a long time ago. I try to pick easy, slower songs because my German isn't quite perfect yet. (I really admire you for tackling "'Til my Head Falls Off"... can you sing it at full speed yet?) Another reason my friend and I chose to translate S-E-X-X-Y was because the letters sound really cool when you say them in German (as someone said before). It sounds like "es-aye-eeks-eeks-oopsilon" and the "oopsilon" part REALLY makes us giggle because it sounds so silly. So, until we try another fit for translating... we will attempt to finish S-E-X-X-Y. Here's what I have so far (I'm PRETTY sure it's all correct because-- like I said-- my teacher proofed it for us)... S-E-X-X-Y Mehr als genug Rundum die Uhr Mit sonst nieandem S-E-X-X-Y Da ist sie Stehend auf dem Bett Keks in einer Hand Peruecke auf ihrern Kopf S-E-X-X-Y X, weil es X-tra ist, Baby Y, weil es X-tra ist, Baby Unbermerkt von wenigen Sehr sehr wenige Und das schliesst dich ein Schau dir ins Gehirn ein Schau dir in die Auge ein Geheimer Agent Spion ... That's all we have so far. My teacher couldn't understand exactly what it means by "come to see why" so we kind of put it on hold for a while. Well, keep on translating "meine Freunde" and send me an email of your results. Maybe when I finally get that page up, I'll put your translations on. Liebe, Robyn (AKA "Ewok") ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:39:15 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Flans' Wife In a message dated 96-12-28 16:29:59 EST, you write: << BlueDawg wrote: > On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Ewok wrote: > > She kinda looked like a Flans-girl. When did they get married (about). > > They got married this summer....in June or July. To be exact, July 14. :) On my friend's birthday. >> Wow!!! That was the day I was first introduced to TMBG! Talk about coincidences!! -- Joel Gedalius http://members.aol.com/yoel97 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Yoel Hear YE!! Hear YE!! You have been honored by the arrival of electronic mail by yours truly on Saturday, December 28, 1996 at 4:37 PM "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken" I am a big fan of THE BIG STEAMY THING (TMBG) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is a pie (sideview), Your face, a split second which is headed your way... before the pie hits it..... |||||||||||||||||| / \ |<>\ | ^^^ ^^^ | |<> \ (| <0> <0> |) -----> |<> | | /\ | |<> / \ _ / |<>/ \ / \ / \_\__/_/ You better watch your face!!! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:46:44 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Review: Yet another negative one As if we weren't already angry enough at the recent articles on They. How about this one: >>>>GIANTS PARODY POP IN 'SHOWROOM' "Factory Showroom" is the second They Might Be Giants album to feature the Brooklyn duo backed by a full band. The band allows John Linnell and John Flansburgh to parody the pop music of their youth ( late-'70s and early 80's) more accurately and thus more wittily. When they open the album with the disco parody, "S-E-X-X-Y", for example, Iggy Pop bassist Hal Cragin supplies a vintage funk bottom, while arranger Kurt Hoffman contributes a Chic-like string chart behind the Barry White-like vocal. And when They Might Be Giants follow with the new-wave parody, "Till My Head Falls Off," Graham Maby's staccato bass line, Eric Schermerhorn's jittery guitar chords and Linnell's bleating organ sound just like the Cars. Of course, this raises the question of whether we really need parodies of Chic and the Cars at this late date, especially when the satires resemble the targets too much to be irreverent but not enought to be their equal. In other words, the punch lines aren't funny enough to make you laugh out loud, and the music isn't good enough to be great rock 'n' roll. On the other hand, if you have fond memories of early new wave hits, even if they slightly embarrass you today, you'll find both feelings reflected in songs such as "XTC vs. Adam Ant" and the Blondie-influenced "How Can I Sing Like a Girl?" If you long for the days when They Might Be Giants made cheesy-synth recordings about nerdy, obsessive loners, you'll find examples in "Metal Detector" and "Your Own Worst Enemy." The album's strangest track is "I Can Hear You", which was recorded without electricity directly onto a wax cylinder at the Thomas Edison Historical Site. <<<< ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 17:05:46 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: Re: TMBG: NYC & I'll Sink Manhattan On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Kathy and Ryan wrote: > This is probably old, and i know they were written by different people, but > the thought occured to me that I'll Sink Manhattan could of been when the love > mentioned in NYC went sour. Except for the fact that Flansburgh wrote I'll Sink Manhattan, and NYC is by Cub...... Jack Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg, Jeep Driver Come To Utopia! telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu:3000 I'm Bluedawg In the CD Changer: XTC: Nonsuch, They Might Be Giants: Misc. T, Frank Black: Frank Black, Various: The Glory of Gershwin, Warren Zevon: I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (2 disc set) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 17:32:10 -0800 From: Ewok Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: Review: Yet another negative one Who the HELL had the GAUL to write that article!?!?!?!? Let's boycott the publisher! TMHFO sounds NOTHING like the Cars! They must have an old grudge or something against TMBG... Well, just thought I'd let off a little steam there... Ewok ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: 9:30 club review Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 17:49:15 -0500 (EST) Hi all, I must say this 9:30 Club show was the best show I'd seen in a long time. It was filled with many of the elements that made the show so good. Well I arrived at the Club around 8:15 to find a big line of ppl waiting outside to get into the club. I first spotted Liz (goodomenz) who I gave tickets to. I also looked at her various pictures, one kind of bizarre one of the neighborhood around the Mercury Lounge, pics at Roseland and I think at Fairfax Fair. I then met Kaylum who drove with her friend Adam from Florida to DC that day!! Liz and I got a picture taken by her (hopefully I might be able to get a copy of that). Then, I saw 2 fellow Baltimorons, Neal and Emily, who had been there since 7 I think and let me in front of the line. I had heard that Fransburgh had been at the show with Nola so I went back looking for those folks. On the way I saw the effervescent Christy (christi587@aol.com) with her friend, John (I think I got his name right?) who I had met at the Taste of DC, wonderful ppl they are! As I moved back I saw Lawrence Solomon and Deanna Rubin (I had seen Lawrence an number of times but had never meet Deanna who was wearing her Apollo 18 shirt!) and talked with them for a while, more great ppl! Hopefully Lawrence and I will be able to swap the stage crash show for Roseland (which Liz had graciously given to me for my bday! Thanks Liz!). I then found Nola and co. but no Fransburgh unfortunately. I was really looking for my friend Mike and Gwenn because I had their tix and thus had to wait outside till the got there losing my front of the line position, but I still got a good floor placement. I was able to pick up the TMBG 2040 Tour shirt which is great!! I especially like on the back where it says: 1/19 The Snake Pit, LA Island CA I also like how Sweden has taken over much of Europe on these tour dates! hehehehehe Upon meeting Ann and Autumn, two more Baltimorons, I found out Ann got a free FS gangster posters for free just by asking the merchandise guy! The first act was Goatboy, who I had a feeling would stink. Boy was that an understatement. This band must have been the worst band on the face of this planet!! They were just horrible. I don't konw why the guy was playing a Kurzweil, he coulda done what he wanted to do on a guitar. They were on far too long. Finally after quite a wait, TMBG took the stage shortly after 11pm. I really felt like this show went on for a long time. Which was fantastic! The song selection was very good. The Christmas interludes were great. I must say those chicks that Brian had up in the balcony-I thought those were women he was hoping to get lucky with after the show ;) I didn't know they were Flans's wife and Linnell's gf, how did you know this Mismirilda? Possibly the biggest surprises of this show were Santa's Beard and Shoehorn with Teeth, what with all of the post-Flood only concerts of late. Someone mentioned that they heard Santa's Beard in the soundcheck so it was not completely a surprise. They also played Turn Around, The End of the Tour, Ana Ng, Whistling inthe Dark, Lady was a Tramp (Misc T CD), which they don't always play (ok I mentioned Ana Ng because it's pre-Flood). It seemed like they were playing all different eras of music, not focusing on FS as much (although no Pink Album, not even Don't Let's Start). They all seemed to be in good spirits. They did lack the horns and Schermerhorn. I was very happy Eric wasn't there, but I wasn't bummed about no horns, I really like the quartet, and I had seen the horns the last few times. Before and after they played at least 3 XTC songs over the speaker, and they weren't really popular ones either if memory serves, that was nifty! Later events had Autumn, Ann and I going to Denny's and then Ann and I going to Walmart to check out the SEXXY single which was not on! But that's for another day... See yas! Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: java.mail: tour updates, translations From: java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 18:04:49 EST >>And why are we only translating S-E-X-X-Y? Just because it's the >single? >> Come on, let's continue this thread into other songs... > >Mainly, because it's pretty boring lyrically. When I was at a concert >I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny if they started singing it in >spanish?" Yeesh, if you weren't having so much fun at a TMBG concert so you couldn't think, there must be something wrong with you. :) Okay, so following your logic here, let's lead the translation thread into other "lyrically boring" songs. Nave de auto (Boat of Car)... Wait, I can't think of any "lyrically boring" TMBG songs... java.man "Son, I am able," she said, "though you scare me." "Watch," said I, "beloved," I said, "watch me scare you." Though, said she, "able am I, son." ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: java.mail: mY nAmE iS tOrGo...I dELiVeR piZzA wHiLe tHe MaSter From: java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 18:04:49 EST >What's ours? I'm so tired of saying "the they might be giants >list". >It's a mouthful. :) Toddler Hiway? Um.. Istanbul? Can't be Cowtown. >That's a >chat. Hmm. What do you think sirs? Well, boobie (sorry, couldn't resist even though Dr. Forrester has gone the way of Dave Bowman -- the satellite got him high), since Cowtown is the chat and The Big Steamy Thing is the web site, how'z'bout (stop that, Frank! Remember the squeegee... So sorry, Joely-kins, good help is hard to find these days. Frank! Go answer the door; our delivery from Manos, the Pizza of Fate, must be here) Allotheria? Or Pet Name? Or maybe Spiraling List (with one "L" or two)? Leo, you still around? What are your thoughts? I'd gladly tally votes for a name, unless Sarah Linnellgirl wants to. Torgo, just give the pizzas to Mr. B Natural. Don't worry, he/she/it won't bite. Yeah, yeah. You take care of the place while the master is away. Push the button, Frank. java.man ------------------------------ Date: 29 Dec 1996 00:15:26 -0000 From: "Carl Hoffmann" Subject: TMBG: Opening bands No more lurking for me! After seeing TMBG last month in SF, I was once more disappointed by the opeing band. Didn't hate them, wasn't offended by them. Cub just didn't impress me too much. So, the question I'm posing is: What were some favorite opening bands TMBG have had? Not necessarily best, or most in tune with TMBG, but best experience. I'm not looking for a "top 10" list or anything, just some interesting opinions. Actually, a compendium of bands alone would be interesting, since I must have seen close to a dozen different bands since the Flood tour. My favorite has to be Frente! when they played at an outdoor ampitheatre at Stanford. It was May of 94, and the warm, spring weather played perfectly into the mood of their set. A close second would be Frank Black in November that year in Boulder, especially when he did his cover of "Duke of Earl". Weidest pairing: American Music Club on that same tour. I felt sorry for the CU students who seemed frozen to their seats. There you have it. Until next year... Carl Hoffmann a.k.a. The guy who requests "Fingertips" at every concert *--------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com *--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 19:24:08 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening bands I've only seen TMBG in concert once, and that was in Athens, GA in early October... The opening act was a horrible piece of excrement called 'Thumb'. I'd love it if Those Darn Accordians!, "Weird Al", or Barenaked Ladies would open for 'em... Oh well. :> -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 19:44:50 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG rocks 9:30 club!!! Wow, what an experience. I'll try to keep this brief but I'll probably fail. Excuse anything that's already been said, but I'm on digest! After standing in line for an hour and a half (where we met Mr. Matt James for about 3 seconds, hi Matt!), my friend and I scooted inside and got spots directly in the center of the second row. We waited another hour for the opening act, Goatboy. They were awful. They had two songs, one was fast and one was slow. Things got even worse when the greasy lead singer took off his shirt. Although I didn't heckle them like 99% of the audience was doing (Hey, even terrible bands have feelings, too!), I was relieved when they left the stage. We stood around for another 45 minutes and watched Brian chatting up two females on a dark balcony above the stage. We speculated whether they were his nieces or something, or whether we were watching Brian Doherty: Ladies' Man at work. I suspect they were band members' significant others, because they got to sit there on folding chairs the whole show and laugh at the poor paying customers getting moshed to pieces... but anyway. We knew the show would start when Brian left, and sure enough, Lady is a Tramp started playing 5 minutes later. The band was only 4 people, no horns and no Eric (who, as Linnell explained later, was on vacation in Hawaii because "he evidently has more important things to do"). The horns were definitely missed, but as for Eric... well, no comment. Linnell's keyboard was directly in the center, right in front of me. I was in heaven. :) I will not list all the times he made eye contact, and I will not listen to people who claim he can't really see the audience... If he can't, he does a damn fine job of faking it! James K. Polk kicked off the evening, and I don't have the set list but they played these songs in some order other than what I have them in: Subliminal, Snail Shell, Sleeping in the Flowers (Flans: "This is not a song about being totally high, it's a song inspired by a song about getting totally high."), Nyquil Driver, The End of the Tour (a real shock. This sent half of the audience into ecstasy), New York City, HCISLAG, Your Own Worst Enemy, Pet Name, S-E-X-X-Y, Shoehorn With Teeth, Ana Ng, Birdhouse, Istanbul, Particle Man, Whistling in the Dark (a pleasant surprise), She's Actual Size, Dig My Grave, Twisting, Older, Why Does the Sun Shine, They Got Lost. No Spy, no James Ensor, no Statue, no TMHFO, and no Exquisite Dead Guy. Most of these can be explained by lack of equipment (no horns, no puppet heads). Linnell's accordian seemed to be the same one from the really old videos, and it was missing keys and looked like it was in generally crappy condition. Flans explained about the equipment heist and told what he claimed was a totally true story: he went to buy new equipment in a NY music store, and as he was looking around, "in walked the guy from Bush and the woman from No Doubt." The Bush guy started walking around and pointing at guitars, and Flans claimed he could hear him saying (insert British accent) "I've got that one... and I've got that one..." :) Flans had lots of energy last night and was bouncing all over the stage. Even Linnell seemed really cheerful and animated-- lots of eye contact, lots of smiles, and he talked as much as Flans. The moshing at this show was horrible. I was lifted completely off the ground several times, and the poor people in front of me were getting smooshed into the barrier. My back was thrown out, and I don't even want to think about how many people's sweat I still have on me. Several water pitchers were put out on the bar after the show and were drained in seconds. I poured the last bit of one over my head, and I'm sure it evaporated. I headed home at around 1:30 with a new 2040 shirt, the sweat of millions of moshing frat boys, and calves that were screaming "six bloody hours of standing! You'll pay for this!" (And they weren't lying. But it was all worth it!) I think I've done quite enough typing, but I will say that I *need* a bootleg of this show! If anyone got one, I will give you my firstborn (or at least a decent trade) for it. --Christy ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 20:09:42 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Pictures, St. Louis, Hey! Hello 41- Pictures- I got my pictures of Tower Records Instore Chicago, and Atlanta developed, and some turned out really well. I have a great picture of me and the bassits of Cub, a good picture of me and Brian, and a really good picture of Flans in the parking lot. Some of the ones from the instore turned out allright, as did some of the ones of John and John's car. St. Louis- Still looking for more people that are going to the upcoming shows. The list is a few and all AOL people. Eeeek! And mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) wrote: <> Actually, Kaylum and I drove from Florida to see the show in Atlanta a few weeks ago, which was neat. And I belive she flew from Miami to DC. Adam ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 20:20:57 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Blues Traveler / Late Night / Upcoming concerts Anyone know the story behind Them opening for Blues Traveler? Like, how it came to be? (Maybe a story like how Hootie asked them to open, cause they liked them) And what about Late Night shows? I haven't been a fan long enough to remember earlier tours (about a year and a half now). The only show they've been on so far were Conan and Larry Sanders (which isn't even real). When do they usually go on Letterman or Leno? A little bit in advance... Anyone have info on the 4/26 concert at Kenyon College in Gambier OH?? (Did I say a little bit in advance?). It's just that since I went to my first concert, I'm gonna try to get to every one that's anywhere near where I live. I hope it's not another students only deal.... -e- -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 12:26:49 +1100 From: Very Fruity Indeed Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-356 Hey all, >From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) >Subject: TMBG: meril? >Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 09:21:03 -0500 (EST) >Hello all the Aussies out there, have any of you heard of >a singer named Meril Bainbridge (?) Ah yes, good old Meril... Yeah, you're obviously hearing "Mouth" over there at the moment. :) >Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 23:44:32 GMT >From: "Colin O....................." >Subject: TMBG: tmbg: Wondering when we will see them Down under... >Does anyone know when They will be traveling to the fair shores of Australia? March/April. Look for a Phantom in-store too!!! %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % Ad % %Yeah and stuff% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 01:44:28 GMT From: Kilroy Subject: TMBG: .... .... -Kilroy Carnegie Mellon University class of 2001!!!!!! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Mayor Golding takes it up the a$$ from the G.O.P. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 21:51:33 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: 9:30 Club show lastnight Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Dec-96 TMBG: 9:30 Club show lastnight by "Adam P. Fistler"@earthl > Lady Is A Tramp (From Misc T. CD)/ Santa's Beard/ > Istanbul / New York City / AKA Driver / > Your Own Worst Enemy / Ana Ng / She's Actual Size / > Subliminal / Particle Man / How Can I Sing Like A Girl / > Turn Around / Maybe I Know / Sleeping In The Flowers / > Pet Name / Why Does The Sun Shine / Snail Shell / > The Guitar / Spider / Birdhouse In Your Soul / > S-E-X-X-Y / Dig My Grave / Older / > / > XTC vs. Adam Ant / End Of The Tour / Twisting / > They Got Lost Um, they played James K. Polk before Santa's Beard, Shoehorn with Teeth before Pet Name, and Whistling in the Dark before Why Does the Sun Shine... unless you're talking about what made it onto your tape? ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 21:55:00 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: TMBG: Quote of the Day Since, dumbly, I didn't check out the quote of the day when I actually *got* the message about it, could someone mail me with the address for it? I've got every digest from the last week and a half, but I've having a problem searching all of them for this address! I think I remember something about "washington" but, as I am on many other issues of importance, I could be wrong. Is the quote *des Tages* affiliated with the Washington Post??? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Elitza Nicolaou { "Aren't you the guy who hit me ana-ng@poetic.com } in the eye?" -TMBG www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317 { *Broadway*Impact*STAND*Ska*Greek *Gianthead*Skier*Singer*X-Phile*Trekker*ActualSize!*Reflection*Poetess*Irish* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 22:00:19 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG rocks 9:30 club!!! Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Dec-96 TMBG: TMBG rocks 9:30 club!!! by Christi587@aol.com > was bouncing all over the stage. Even Linnell seemed really cheerful and > animated-- lots of eye contact, lots of smiles, and he talked as much as > Flans. What do you expect? He was wearing his Christmas shirt! :) >The moshing at this show was horrible. I was lifted completely off the ground >several times, and the poor people in front of me were getting smooshed into >the barrier. My back was thrown out, and I don't even want to think about how really? I kept looking back at the crowd and it seemed very calm. I managed to stand in the same spot for the whole show... no pushing or anything. last time I got pushed way back. I think the crowd was a bit smaller this time. I didn't really notice it... I guess the people near me weren't interested in moshing/general violence either... oh well. ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 22:44:20 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Linnell OK-- this subject was probably addressed millions of times before and this is probably the most widely known fact about Them, but I feel kinda dumb asking and I really want to know, so here it goes: How exactly do you pronounce "Linnell"? Is it LIN-ul or lin-ELLE or what????? sorry if I offended anyone by asking the dumbest question known to man, but i truely have no clue. (just out of curiosity, has anyone else had this problem?) i missed all the times they were on TV and I wasn't paying attention to it at the chicago show. So I will go shun myself now. -phurr ------------------------------ From: John Murray Subject: TMBG: 930 show Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 23:01:00 -0500 (EST) Well the 930 club show ROCKED, and was the best TMBG show I've been to. They played a good variety of songs, some more unusual ones, but no Don't lets Start(one of my favs). The crowd, at least to me, was less violent that at other shows I've been too. I didn't even see one "Pass the Dude" incident. It was nice to see the john's very energetic(especially Linnell), better then the last 930 show. I guess just coming back from the Christmas holidays they are happy and rested. Something I haven't seen at a show before was they started out with a pre-recorded song. In this case it was Lady is a tramp, and even interesting after the show the DJ played another song that had Lady is a tramp as the chorus. I don't no if this was planed or not, and I wonder how many people realized this. Probably the most cool thing is that they were giving away some posters! One that is the factory showroom cover, and a tour promo poster with the john's in black suits. As always it is nice to see people from this list(hey matt, nola, fran, lawrence), and of of course meet some more ( hey deanna, miserilda, and friends). Also thanks to lawerence for the ride to the show. Later, -- John Murray -=- jmurray@vt.edu johns@tmbg.org -=- http://acm.vt.edu/~jmurray The Unofficial Pritchard Home Page ->http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~murray/pritchard ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 22:59:49 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell At 10:44 PM 12/28/96 -0500, you wrote: >OK-- this subject was probably addressed millions of times before and this is >probably the most widely known fact about Them, but I feel kinda dumb asking >and I really want to know, so here it goes: > >How exactly do you pronounce "Linnell"? Is it LIN-ul or lin-ELLE or >what????? I've heard both used... I say LIN-ul, and several people on IRC have told me that it's pronounced that way. But on 3rd Rock, they used lin-ELLE, and I think someone on the list said recently that it was lin-ELLE... I forget what they said at Athens, but I didn't hear anything that made me say "I've been pronouncing his name wrong for years!" :> TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 22:55:06 -0600 (CST) From: Court Schuett Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening bands I've seen them four times and by far and away, CUb was my favorite. I've seen: Brian Dewan Soul Coughing ???????? It was in Champaign Il part of their mini-tour last year. and Cub. Cub was the only one I really enjoyed. Dewan was pretty cool, he sang "99 Cops" or something like that, right? -Court /* Court Schuett schuett@waldo.ivcc.edu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If I was God no one would doubt it We wouldn't need church to get The mystery that we once knew The something we forget -Too Much Joy *******************************************************************************/ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 00:20:51 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: Shoehorn with Teeth... I generally don't like to post my interpretations of songs here, but I'm going to because the Johns' interpretation of Shoehorn with Teeth is much clearer now. (and I haven't really seen much discussion of it before) At last night's concert, they talked about Eric S. being in Hawaii and enjoying himself a lot - doing better things than being stuck on stage in some DC nightclub, and then they proceeded to play Shoehorn. It may just be me, but I think there's a connection. Eric would be the type of person who wants a shoehorn with teeth (don't we all?), and in this case, he'd rather be enjoying himself at the expense of TMBG's performance (although I thought it was better without him). He's kind of off in his own world for a few days while he vacations, and TMBG are hard at work putting on great shows. So they wrote the song predicting the future... well, not really. It's just about a guy who has his own little world, where there are shoehorns with teeth, and he can ask a girl to sit in the same chair (presumably on his lap), etc. The last verse sums it up nicely, saying that he doesn't need to worry about his own future because he's so wrapped up in his childish desires... or more to the point, why bother worrying about it when you can be happy thinking of less important, less stressful things. Everybody wants a shoehorn, the kind with teeth (to wind a piece of string around) I think Whistling in the Dark might fit in here somewhere, too, but I'm not exactly sure how. The woman poisioning his mind is telling him there's no such thing as a shoehorn with teeth, and the man wants to hit him with a rock in order to change his mind because "people should get beat up for stating their beliefs." their songs really do cover relatively little material - lots of strange overlaps between seemingly unrelated songs. Another interesting observation is that a shoehorn, when struck with another metal object, makes a "ding" sound. I think they should start taking advantage of this at concerts... ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 00:38:07 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Organization: The Explorers That DO Know Exactly Where They're Going! Subject: TMBG: Mailing list name How about........(drumroll) "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" "The Birdhouse in Your Soul" "Jail Cell" (quite a few jail related songs) "The DuPont Pavillion" (too obscure, I think) "The Hall of Heads" "Darkened Corridors" (from Fingertips) Just a few I thought up. I personally think "Toddler Highway" is pretty good. -- Kevin "100% Curd" McGuire-----------------------------------------+ ^ ^ | | | | | | "The Johns created They Might | | | Be Giants to train the faithful. | | | One cannot go against the word of John." --->ME<- | | | | | | | | | | +----+-----That's not butter! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 21:52:42 -0800 From: kathleen faulconer <" rocket88"@ix.netcom.com> Subject: TMBG: Opening Bands OK here is my favorite opening band--Cub! NOT because they were great. In fact I couldn't understand one word of their songs that all sounded pretty much alike. I just kept thinking of Bevis and Butthead head banging for some reason. BUT I have only seen TMBG one other time. The opening band was "Death Groove Love Party". I swear! This was the worst band on earth. I will never hear anyone worse. The song titles were the only lyrics in the songs! I remember them far too well and it was 4 1/2 years ago. Here are some examples- "Crack Is No Worse Than The Faciest Regiem" (sp?) repeated over and over forever. "Apollo Walks But She Doesn't Talk" again repeated forever but added the word fuck for more true rock-punk value. Ohmygod! Before every song they said "And here is one we hope you will really like.........."PLEASE, NO MORE! Our ears were bleeding and I will always be very frightened of Their opening acts! Kathleen ------------------------------ Subject: java.re: TMBG: Shoehorn with Teeth... From: java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 00:50:58 EST >Everybody wants a shoehorn, the kind with teeth (to wind a piece of >string around) I was thinking of an unrelated thing: My girlfriend has a rock to wind a string around, and one of these days she's going to make a shoehorn with teeth and mail it to the Johns. Anyone else have TMBG things they're proud of? (Does a boat of car count? Or are there too many of those to be original things?) java.man ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 00:51:49 -0500 Subject: NON NON NON TMBG:The Bacon Oracle sfkoch's opening argument: >>You can run a Bacon Check on pretty much anyone who was in a movie. >>Actually, 3 is the lowest. The Dog Retorts: WRONG!!! Sly Stallone has a Bacon Number of 2: and I quote: "The Oracle says: Stallone, Sylvester has a Bacon number of 2: Stallone, Sylvester was in Specialist, The (1994) with Stone, Sharon Stone, Sharon was in He Said, She Said (1991) with Bacon, Kevin" Hate to show you up... TMB(do)G "I eat too much" - Dave Matthews Band ( Concert in 3 days!!!!) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 01:48:48 -0500 (EST) From: Joe Teagno <99teajoe@james.hawken.edu> Subject: TMBG: Making Boxes Note: This is my first post here, so if I accidentally cause all the oceans to melt or if once you read this your hands jump off your body and run around the room or something, I'm sorry! If you open up Factory Showroom and look at where they normally print the lyrics, instead you'll see some credits for the tracks. But the backdrop is the pattern of the boxes on the back cover that show all the tracks. Today I finally found a copy of the S-E-X-X-Y CD5, and when I opened it, the first thing that caught my eye was a huge (compared to the ones in Factory Showroom) diagram of a box just like Factory Showroom. (And, BTW, I am in LOVE with SenSurround!) And then I thought to myself, "Self, wouldn't it be cool if you had a little box just like the ones in the picture on the back of Factory Showroom? Of course it would! You clever devil, you!" So my question is... Has anyone copied that box in S-E-X-X-Y, cut it out, and actually made a box out of it like the ones on the back of Factory Showroom? I'm going to give it a try because, hey, I would have a little box with S-E-X-X-Y written on it, and if that's not a good enough reason, then I don't know what is.:) Once I figure out how to cut it and tape it, then I'll let you know if it works. If not... well, at least I found something to keep me busy for a while! Joe ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-357 ******************************