Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-358 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 358 Monday, 30 December 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: Name for the list TMBG: Linnell, Opening acts, Beavis and Butthead TMBG refrence Re: TMBG: Linnell Re: TMBG: Name for the list TMBG: List Name TMBG: name of the list java.re: TMBG: Name for the list TMBG: Buh-bye Re: TMBG: name of the list Re: java.re: TMBG: Shoehorn with Teeth... TMBG: The name for the list + SHIRTS TMBG: Your Own Worst Enemy chords... TMBG: Mrs. Flans, traslations, java.re: TMBG: The name for the list + SHIRTS TMBG: java.update: list names TMBG: Naming the list... TMBG: New on the list TMBG: Chainsaw Kitten Re: TMBG: Opening Bands Non:TMBG:Happy New Year '97 Re: TMBG: Naming the list... TMBG: Larry Showroom TMBG: 9:30 Show TMBG: Lots of shtuff! TMBG: Re: NBC Friends of TMBG? TMBG: Re: java.mail: mY nAmE iS tOrGo...I dELiVeR piZzA wHiLe tHe MaSter iS aWaY Re: NON NON NON TMBG:The Bacon Oracle TMBG: Eric... TMBG: THE SHOW!!!! :) TMBG: set list Re: TMBG: THE SHOW!!!! :) Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: Name for the list Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 02:11:53 -0500 How about "The World's Address" for the name of the..uhhh list... --Tim Clark Come visit The Graveyard:http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5724 ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 02:13:09 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Linnell, Opening acts, Beavis and Butthead TMBG refrence Hello 41- Just my little bits about these topics. Linnell: I have heard Flans, radio people and the like calling him lynn-ELLE. So do I. Opening Acts- I really like Brian Dewan, as do others here I think. I like Eugene Chadbourne, and he was cool live. His last set in Evanston '95 was political songs, and really cool. Soul Coughing is also really cool. In Jacksonville, Common Threads opened, and were really bad. Beavis and Butthead on TMBG- Well, I saw them talk about the Frank Black video that Flansburgh directed, and they though it was cool I think. So that's good. As someone said, I can see them "duh nuh nuh" the part to Ana Ng easily. Adam ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 11:13:25 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell <<>> When I listened to an interview once, I heard it as lin-ELLE, but I have also heard LIN-ul. My best bet is lin-ELLE Joel http://members.aol.com/yoel97/ http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Yoel I am a big fan of THE BIG STEAMY THING Happy New Year '97! ------------------------------ From: "Det. Dave" Organization: Basement Party Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 11:20:25 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Name for the list Det. Dave here... Eureka!! I've got it!!! The best name for the list would be Unrelated Things!!! How 'bout it boys & girls? Maybe someone should collect these suggestions and put up a webpage for voting. I would, but i 'm much too lazy!!! :-) Det. Dave ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 12:07:38 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: List Name Of the ones I've seen posted, my favs are Toddler Hiway Hall Of Heads Unrelated Things Ok, press delete... -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 12:48:00 -0500 (EST) From: Dan Lee Subject: TMBG: name of the list Of the names suggested so far, my favorite is "The World's Address" I also sort of liked "Unrelated Things" and "The DuPont Pavillion" And a couple more ideas: "Their Letterbox" and "Where Your Mouth Don't Go" -Dan ------------------------------ Subject: java.re: TMBG: Name for the list From: java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 13:12:05 EST >Maybe someone should collect these suggestions and put up a webpage >for voting. If no one else wants to, I'll set it up in a few days once I get back to my web access. Meanwhile, I'm collecting votes in my Juno folders here. Remember, keep the name short, as I remember linnellgirl saying "The TMBG Mailing List" was too long. So "Spy" is okay, but "A dancing skeleton surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in a furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice" is not okay. java.man ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 17:38:32 -0800 From: Carol Subject: TMBG: Buh-bye Unfortunately I have no time recently to keep up with the hundreds of messages I get each day so I'm going to have to unsubscribe for a while. Maybe I'll get the digest. - David Gooch ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 13:21:11 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: Re: TMBG: name of the list I most humbly submit: "I flipped that guy the bird!" Jack Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg, Jeep Driver Come To Utopia! telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu:3000 I'm Bluedawg In the CD Changer: XTC: Nonsuch, They Might Be Giants: Misc. T, Frank Black: Frank Black, Various: The Glory of Gershwin, Warren Zevon: I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (2 disc set) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 96 14:24 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: java.re: TMBG: Shoehorn with Teeth... >Anyone else have TMBG things they're proud of? (Does a boat of car >count? Or are there too many of those to be original things?) I have a purple toupee. Well, actually, it's a purple curly clown wig, but that's close enough for me. Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "I stand on my head and watch it all go away." -Rancid "Junkie Man" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:09:06 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: The name for the list + SHIRTS You know, I always kind of thought the "name" of the list was just the They Might Be Giants Mailing List. I don't see why we need to change it... But then again, when we (or I) were designing the Mailing list t-shirts a while back, everyone voted and pretty much settled on "The World's Address" As the title. It was a pretty cool shirt Idea, it just needed a better front. The back was two tickets with stuff like "The world's address - www.tmbg.org and the address for mailing list info, Date: 25 hours a day, 6 days a week" and some more cool tmbg quotes for other stuff. The front wasn't so hot, just a woman on the phone going "I took off the intellectuals, I put on There May Be Giants." Anyways, the TMBG OMLT (Omelette,, or Official mailling list t-shirt) Never did get made. If anyone feels like taking that responsibility of printing the shirts for people to buy and taking orders and such, please, let's get these shirts into reality! *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:03:31 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: Your Own Worst Enemy chords... I haven't seen these yet, and I think *most* of them are right. I've played along, but there are some I just can't quite match... C Em It's your own worst enemy Am F Dm G Ringing the bell on the door C Em? Dm? Am? and the person inside says "nobody's home" C? Am? F G so your own worst enemy peeks inside C Em Am and sees you softly weeping C Am? F? Em? as some music fills the room C F and the song they play C F is that guy with the messed up face C Em? F? Am Dm going "precious and few are the moments that you and your own worst enemy G - share" and the second verse should be the same, but ends after "peeks inside," which corresponds to "paid.... in the brain." as far as I can tell this works. it sounds decent anyway, but there are some chords that I know don't match the CD. can anyone help with this? thanks. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:20:47 -0500 From: Mismirilda Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Mrs. Flans, traslations, Tim Lloyd wrote: > And why are we only translating S-E-X-X-Y? Just because it's the single? > Come on, let's continue this thread into other songs... My friend did Don't Let's Start, but I'll have to ask her for it. I don't know for sure that the two women on the balcony were Flans' wife and Linnell's (lin-ELLE's) girlfriend, but they matched descriptions, and my friend said she recognised them as so. Also, it just seems probable, since I don't know how else they would get the balcony seats. (note: Mrs. Flans went INSANE during How Can I Sing Like a Girl) Why does everyone think Brian was putting moves on them? Ah well, maybe that guy he was hugging was related to him. -Mismirilda ------------------------------ Subject: java.re: TMBG: The name for the list + SHIRTS From: java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:52:42 EST particle.man sez: >You know, I always kind of thought the "name" of the list was just the >They Might Be Giants Mailing List. I don't see why we need to change >it... But then again, when we (or I) were designing the Mailing list >t-shirts a while back, everyone voted and pretty much settled on "The >World's Address" as the title. >Anyways, the TMBG OMLT (Omelette,, or Official mailling list t-shirt) >Never did get made. If anyone feels like taking that responsibility of >printing the shirts for people to buy and taking orders and such, please, >let's get these shirts into reality! Hey, if we get an official title for the list (official since the original OMLT fell through), maybe that would motivate us listies to get more interested in completing the OMLTs! I was thinking of collecting possible names for a week or so, then putting them up on my web page (www.top.net/tlloyd/tmbg.htm) for voting, since no one else wanted the responsibility. Once the voting's done (I was thinking two weeks to vote so everybody could have a chance), somebody else could get the T-shirts ordered. I could even compile a list of voters who wanted T-shirts from my page. To quote linnellgirl (who quoted good old Joel), what do you think, sirs? java.man ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: java.update: list names From: java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:52:42 EST Okee dokee, since I'm about to start writing the voting page, here's list names I have so far: Toddler Hiway (three votes) Istanbul Allotheria Pet Name Spiraling List Istanbul (Not Constantinople) Birdhouse in Your Soul Jail Cell The DuPont Pavilion (two votes) Hall of Heads (two votes) Darkened Corridors The World's Address (three votes) Unrelated Things (three votes) Their Letterbox Where Your Mouth Don't Go I Flipped That Guy The Bird Tim Lloyd java.man@juno.com "Your self-destruction doesn't hurt them. Your chaos won't convert them." -Cake ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 96 17:33:51 EDT From: "Pooh Head Bucket?" Subject: TMBG: Naming the list... "Toddler Hiway" is great... My (dopey) suggestions: Cabbagetown The Pencil Rain duh. -tom Tom Soriano * sorianot@alpha.montclair.edu *------------------------------------------ "It's a typical day on the road to Utopia" ------------------------------ From: LunarLanda@aol.com Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 17:36:44 -0500 Subject: TMBG: New on the list Hey people, I'm new on the tmbg mailing list. It better be worth it, but then again if it's their list it has to be good. I went to lupo's heartbreak hotel last night, in providence rhode island and saw them live. They were ten times better than i thought they'd be. If anyone has caught their latest tour, and also seen goat boy, the opening act for last night's show, please let me know what you thought. I thought they were pathetic, and the only reason we stayed was for tmbg. Anyway, so long everyone. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 17:39:08 -0500 From: gonk@valley.net (Robert Grabill) Subject: TMBG: Chainsaw Kitten I'm sorry, that just made me crack up. List Naming: Late last year we had a pole of the name of they might be giants fans. It got really out of proportion and soon people would get like 150 messages a day just saying what people thought. Everyone basically acted like a bunch of buttknobs (if you don't know, please don't ask). So anyway, please, this will probably be forgotten soon. And really, why would you ever want to name the list after unrelated thing? please... Beavis and Butthead: I missed the Frank Black video episode. Poo. If they did birdhouse I can kinda picture Beavis saying something at that begining like "Whoa! where's the rest of his body?" and then Butthead would say "A light fills the room, as wussy music plays." So, that could be bad. Other stuff: I saw someone having the date of 4/14 or something. Where in the hell did you get these dates??? Merry 5th day of Christmas! ^ From Me, Rob Grabill /_\_______________-------------------------------- gonk@valley.net /___\ |They Might Be Giants | "You have no idea | | O Tannenbaum | how stupid you look |------------------------------| right now." "I probably look like my father" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 15:31:27 -0700 From: carrots@primenet.com (Aaron Cohen) Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening Bands >The opening band was "Death Groove Love Party". >I swear! This was the worst band on earth. I will never hear anyone >worse. The song titles were the only lyrics in the songs! I remember >them far too well and it was 4 1/2 years ago. Here are some examples- >"Crack Is No Worse Than The Faciest Regiem" (sp?) repeated over and over >forever. "Apollo Walks But She Doesn't Talk" again repeated forever but >added the word fuck for more true rock-punk value. Ohmygod! >Before every song they said "And here is one we hope you will really >like.........."PLEASE, NO MORE! >Our ears were bleeding and I will always be very frightened of Their >opening acts! >Kathleen I saw Death Groove Love Party open for TMBG at Cal State Fullerton on the Apollo 18 tour. Was this the same show? They were very obnoxious and loud. After the audience heckled them when they finished playing "I'm Gonna Cut Of My F*#@$n Ponytail", they played it over again. TMBG played loads of tunes off all the albums at that time. I met Mr. Flansburgh as he was signing autographs and talking to fans at the t-shirt booth after the show. TMBG's sound seemed loud and harsh too and the bells were ringing in my ears for two days afterwards. ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 20:14:51 -0500 Subject: Non:TMBG:Happy New Year '97 Hey Everybody!! Happy New Year! I'll be upstate(NY). Only 200 more days until CTY!! Yeah! See most of you July 20 (CTY S2 Starts). Check out my website for a little New Year's Inspiration (Netscape or IE3 preferred) Truly, -- Joel Gedalius http://members.aol.com/yoel97 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Yoel Hear YE!! Hear YE!! You have been honored by the arrival of electronic mail by yours truly on Sunday, December 29, 1996 at 8:09 PM "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken" I am a big fan of THE BIG STEAMY THING (TMBG) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is a pie (sideview), Your face, a split second which is headed your way... before the pie hits it..... |||||||||||||||||| / \ |<>\ | ^^^ ^^^ | |<> \ (| <0> <0> |) -----> |<> | | /\ | |<> / \ _ / |<>/ \ / \ / \_\__/_/ You better watch your face!!! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 21:22:54 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Naming the list... At 05:33 PM 12/29/96 EDT, you wrote: >"Toddler Hiway" is great... >My (dopey) suggestions: > >Cabbagetown I think Cabbagetown is the best one yet... -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 22:19:19 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Larry Showroom Ugh. I was watching HBO and a lovely commercial for Larry Sanders comes on. I hate the show, but I noticed that they did their logo in the same style as the back cover of Factory Showroom, with little yellow and blue blocks stacked together spelling Larry Sanders Show. This seems like a weird coincidence.... anyone else care? *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 22:21:20 -0500 From: "Adam P. Fistler" Subject: TMBG: 9:30 Show Well it came out in the right order on my tape. I just typed that in from glancing on what I had written on paper and from memory. Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Dec-96 TMBG: 9:30 Club show lastnight by "Adam P. Fistler"@earthl > Lady Is A Tramp (From Misc T. CD)/ Santa's Beard/ > Istanbul / New York City / AKA Driver / > Your Own Worst Enemy / Ana Ng / She's Actual Size / > Subliminal / Particle Man / How Can I Sing Like A Girl / > Turn Around / Maybe I Know / Sleeping In The Flowers / > Pet Name / Why Does The Sun Shine / Snail Shell / > The Guitar / Spider / Birdhouse In Your Soul / > S-E-X-X-Y / Dig My Grave / Older / > / > XTC vs. Adam Ant / End Of The Tour / Twisting / > They Got Lost Um, they played James K. Polk before Santa's Beard, Shoehorn with Teeth before Pet Name, and Whistling in the Dark before Why Does the Sun Shine... unless you're talking about what made it onto your tape? ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 23:19:44 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Lots of shtuff! Hi, "the effervescent Christy" here :) > was bouncing all over the stage. Even Linnell seemed really cheerful and > animated-- lots of eye contact, lots of smiles, and he talked as much as > Flans. What do you expect? He was wearing his Christmas shirt! :) Yup, and didn't he look fine in it! :) Sorry, that must be the estrogen talking... >The moshing at this show was horrible. I was lifted completely off the ground ... really? I kept looking back at the crowd and it seemed very calm. I managed to stand in the same spot for the whole show... no pushing or Well, I had the good luck to be standing directly in front of the small knot of mosh-crazed, alcohol-saturated, backpack-full-of-bricks-carrying frat boys. Fortunately there was no "passing the dude", or I personally would have thrown the dude head-first into the bouncer pit. How exactly do you pronounce "Linnell"? Is it LIN-ul or lin-ELLE or what????? Lin-NELL. He says it himself on several bootlegs, including the video. after the show the DJ played another song that had Lady is a tramp as the chorus. I don't no if this was planed or not, and I wonder how many people realized this. That was, I believe, a much earlier version of the same song being sung by Mr. Frank Sinatra. Either that, or perhaps it was the original song from the musical _Babes in Arms_ or whatever. It sounded like Sinatra to me, though. Probably the most cool thing is that they were giving away some posters! One that is the factory showroom cover, and a tour promo poster with the john's in black suits. Aaarrgh... "let's get some posters!" says my friend. "OK, but I don't want to carry them through the whole show," I say, "Let's pick some up afterwards." Not a single one was left after the show. :P Guess I'll have to pick one up at the show in April that They promised!!! My girlfriend has a rock to wind a string around, and one of these days she's going to make a shoehorn with teeth and mail it to the Johns. Hmm, I think a better idea would be to make a shoehorn with teeth and *not* send it to the Johns. They've complained publicly about the weird stuff their fans send them, and you can be sure that they already own at least 37 toothed shoehorns each, sent to them by adoring fans, not to mention all the rock & strings and birdhouses and hearing aids and snail shells they must get. It's a cute idea, but it would be better to give it to a friend who's in on the joke, instead of helping to clutter either John's living quarters. --Christy ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:18:04 GMT From: sfkoch@mail.rpn.fullfeed.com (Thor) Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: NBC Friends of TMBG? On 26 Dec 1996 21:39:25 -0500, enicolao@scnc.waverly.k12.mi.us (Elitza Nicolaou) wrote: >I know this discussion is getting kind of old, and there has been a >thought that some references on NBC (James Polk on NewsRadio) were simply >coincidence. I don't know about that- tonight, on a rerun of The Single >Guy, I think it was, that there was another Polk reference. (Half an hour >ago and I can't even remember the situation or context. Short term memory >loss caused by too much vacation?? You decide.) It could be that it's just >another "most obscure American President" ref., but I'm beginning to think >that maybe we have a TMBG friend writing at NBC.... but again, I could be >wrong. (As little as that actually happens- oh well.) > I'm not even sure if it was Single Guy. It may even have been >Friends. (Like I said- too much vacation-induced fun.) Well, the 3rd Rock thing was NO coincidence. Otherwise, it could be said that they have a thing with Polk, not TMBG. Question: Is Sabrina on NBC, too? Or was that Melissa Joan Hart's Fanhood showing through? "In this business, reality can be pretty hard to come by!" - The Tick ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:18:06 GMT From: sfkoch@mail.rpn.fullfeed.com (Thor) Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: java.mail: mY nAmE iS tOrGo...I dELiVeR piZzA wHiLe tHe MaSter iS aWaY On 28 Dec 1996 18:05:56 -0500, java.man@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) wrote: >>What's ours? I'm so tired of saying "the they might be giants >>list". >>It's a mouthful. :) Toddler Hiway? Um.. Istanbul? Can't be Cowtown. >>That's a >>chat. Hmm. What do you think sirs? > >Well, boobie (sorry, couldn't resist even though Dr. Forrester has gone >the way of Dave Bowman -- the satellite got him high), since Cowtown is >the chat and The Big Steamy Thing is the web site, how'z'bout (stop that, >Frank! Remember the squeegee... So sorry, Joely-kins, good help is hard >to find these days. Frank! Go answer the door; our delivery from Manos, >the Pizza of Fate, must be here) Allotheria? Or Pet Name? Or maybe >Spiraling List (with one "L" or two)? Leo, you still around? What are >your thoughts? I'd gladly tally votes for a name, unless Sarah >Linnellgirl wants to. Torgo, just give the pizzas to Mr. B Natural. >Don't worry, he/she/it won't bite. Yeah, yeah. You take care of the >place while the master is away. > >Push the button, Frank. > Wow! I was fascinated enough to get up and look at my cd's and the perfect name jumped out at me: What better name for a discussion group than I Can Hear You, if we're using song titles? "The trouble with computers, of course, is that they're very sophisticated idiots." - Dr. Who ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:18:10 GMT From: sfkoch@mail.rpn.fullfeed.com (Thor) Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: NON NON NON TMBG:The Bacon Oracle On 29 Dec 1996 00:52:24 -0500, CyburDog@aol.com wrote: >sfkoch's opening argument: >>>You can run a Bacon Check on pretty much anyone who was in a movie. > >>>Actually, 3 is the lowest. > >The Dog Retorts: > >WRONG!!! > >Sly Stallone has a Bacon Number of 2: >and I quote: > >"The Oracle says: > >Stallone, Sylvester has a Bacon number of 2: > >Stallone, Sylvester was in Specialist, The (1994) with Stone, Sharon > >Stone, Sharon was in He Said, She Said (1991) with Bacon, Kevin" > >Hate to show you up... > >TMB(do)G >"I eat too much" - Dave Matthews Band ( Concert in 3 days!!!!) > oops... too many sugarplums dancing in my head. I ment highest. The rule goes you're not seperated by more than 6 people to anyone else in the world. Given the number of movies Mr. Bacon was in, it would be quite difficult to find someone who acts and was seperated by more than two links. Think: That means not only everone he acted with, not everyone who acted with anyone he acted with, but everyone who acted with anyone who acted with anyone who acted with him. Given the number of big star connections, you'd have to find a very obscure actor in some movie not even Leonard Maltin has heard of to get a number over 3. For those of us who haven't been in a movie yet, the 6 applies. There, I feel better now, sorry for cluttering the group. THOR "In this business, reality can be pretty hard to come by!" - The Tick ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 23:49:20 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Eric... ... gets no mention in They Got Lost discuss ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 00:25:16 -0500 Subject: TMBG: THE SHOW!!!! :) Wow... what a weird night!!! 8) This will be chronological, so I'll just keep you in suspense!!! 8) It began at 4:30, waiting outside by the door in the cold. We were the 2nd there.. The 1st was someone I met on AOL earlier this morning. I heard the soundcheck-- "I Palindrome I" and "SEXXY" and "Shoehorn With Teeth". :) My ears were right on the cold metal doors. Then eventually they let us in and I headed right towards the keyboard, not thinking it was Goatboy's. :\ I bought a shirt (2040!) and a hat (the black w/the 4 colour ovals) and went back to my spot. Goatboy was absolutely nothing to "write home about". He looked like Bill Mahr with a wig. : \ Finally they ended-- everyone was just laughing at them! And They came out!!!! 8) I would have fainted if it weren't for the sea of bodies holding me up against the pole. Wow... They were GREAT! Until some jerk (and that's mildly putting it) threw what looked like a tennis ball at Flans... And hit him in the eye. :( He was VERY angry, and the show got cut by I think 7 songs. After that, Linnell says "This song is dedicated to everyone else" :) Then They played 2 more songs, and Flans ran offstage. :( My sister ended up with *2* drumsticks, a set list (yes, I'll type it for you guys), and a show schedule!!! Advantages of being 7, eh? ;) So then Brian and Graham came out. They were so nice! We got autographs and pictures. Then the manager got John and John to sign a picture for my sister!!! :D Well, and that's it I s'pose! :D I'll post the set list next... btw-- i think they did a wber interview-- I haven't listened to it yet. I'll let'chall know! ~sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 00:25:20 -0500 Subject: TMBG: set list here it is... POLK / SUN SLEEPIN DON'T GIRL WORST SANTA SUB / PART / NYQUIL (* with stayin' alive!!) MAMMAL ANA / ACTUAL SPY / ISTAN TWIST / DIG 20 MINUTE COFFEE BREAK OLDER NYC SNAIL (this is when he got hit!) ENSOR XTC MAYBE* (didn't play) END* (didn't play) SHOE* (didn't play) TURN* (didn't play) SPIDER / GUITAR * (didn't play) SEXXY BIRD ENCORE! ENCORE! LOST* (didn't play) ~sarah ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 30 Dec 96 00:41 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: THE SHOW!!!! :) >My sister ended up with *2* drumsticks, a set list (yes, I'll type it for you >guys), and a show schedule!!! Advantages of being 7, eh? ;) Gosh, maybe I'd better bring my lil brothers to the Ypsi show, eh? Although I don't think mom would approve, it being a school night and all. I'm already planning on not being absent (or even cutting class *once*) from now until March so that I can convince her to let me go. Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "I stand on my head and watch it all go away." -Rancid "Junkie Man" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-358 ******************************