Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-45 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 45 Wednesday, 14 February 1996 Today's Topics: islands Any memorabilia? Giants at U of I???? Re: islands Bootlegs?? South Carolina lyrics Re: islands Re: South Carolina lyrics Re: life, the universe, everything, and tmbg Re: Entertainment Weekly. Re: Dallas's All-Time TMBG Mega-Mix Recruiting Album Re: Dallas's All-Time TMBG Mega-Mix Recruiting Album Re: Are WE being taken for granted????? Newsletter address (none) Re: JOHNS... Re: Particle Man Re: Dallas's All-Time TMBG Mega-Mix Recruiting Album Re: tape for the unfortunates... sorry... Re: life, the universe, everything, and tmbg Re: islands Re: TMBG Project Re: TMBG Project (none) Re: JOHNS... Re: Info Club Re: Info Club Re: Info Club Re: Info Club Re: JOHNS... RE: TMBG video compilation Re: interps... and now, the results! A question for East Coast people... www.tmbg.com Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 10:27:01 -0500 (EST) From: Anne Warren King Subject: islands "I declare that i am England...." It HAS to be England because They use the word "declare", which is such an English sounding word. Can't you just imagine lots of Brits sitting around drinking tea, declaring various declarations?? I love the word choice here. "Declare" and "England" go beautifully together. I think you could announce that you are Madagascar, but not declare it FROM:ANNE ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 12:05:22 -0500 (EST) From: Joseph A Oettinger Subject: Any memorabilia? While cleaning up my dusty shelves, I found a yellow TMBG guitar pick with the Flood logo on it, and the letters "F-L-A-N-S." I remember I got it at an in-store gig at Tower Records in NYC a few years ago. Anybody else have some goodies they can speak of? Was anybody there that day? I think there was a radio broadcast. Does anybody have a copy of the gig to trade? Cheers, joe ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 11:52:42 -0600 (CST) From: Raoul the conqueror Subject: Giants at U of I???? > I recently got wind of a TMBG concvert at the university of Illinois this > semester can anyone back this up. How about other sites in the midwest? > Do not taunt me! Or if you're not taunting me, reveal the direction from which your wind blew... Raoul, a suddenly ecstatic, yet skeptical Illini... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 17:43:53 +0000 (GMT) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Re: islands On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Anne Warren King wrote: > "I declare that i am England...." > It HAS to be England because They use the word "declare", which is such > an English sounding word. Can't you just imagine lots of Brits sitting > around drinking tea, declaring various declarations?? I love the word > choice here. "Declare" and "England" go beautifully together. Yes, that's right. We all stop for tea mid-afternoon, take 'orf' our bowler hats and 'declare' lots of things about the weather. We all look like Jeremy Irons or Anthony Hopkins, speak like James Fox and know lots of lords and earls. And we've all met the Queen. Apart from those working class salt-of-the-earth types who are all cheeky and cheery, of course. 'Cor luv a duck, me old cockney sparrer...' Mark ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:16:04 -0500 (EST) From: Brendan Palindrome Nadnerb Subject: Bootlegs?? Does anyone know of where I could get TMBG bootlegs from? I assume there are some floating around. I'd be willing to trade for Pearl Jam bootlegs.. or however that works. Thanks, Brendan Brendan Sullivan, Palindrome, Navillus Nadnerb bs069875@sjuphil.sju.edu 1-610-660-2464 "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals, Declaring us the nicest of the damned." -'Road Movie to Berlin' They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 10:28:39 -0800 From: Scott Knaster Subject: South Carolina lyrics Somebody wanted the lyrics to this beloved tune, and I just happened to have 'em lying around: South Carolina John Linnell (Hello / June 1994) Then one day my neighbor has a dented bike Second day he called me from intensive care Says he needs a picture of the dented bike For the evidence of what a wreck he had Accident... Accident... Lift that fork Eat that snail Garcon summon up a new cocktail Lift that fork Eat that snail Garcon summon up a new cocktail Crash my bicycle Crash my bicycle In a big South Carolina wreck I crashed my bicycle Crash my bicycle Crash my bicycle In a big South Carolina wreck I crashed my bicycle And I won some damages And they were punitive By which I mean The punishment was damaging It crushed my head It crushed my head Garcon, where's my drink? Wreck! Observe the front wheel spinning upside down Wreck! The red reflector fragments stewn around Wreck! The back wheel's 'O' is now the letter 'D' Wreck! I was an 'I' and now I am a 'V' Lift that fork Eat that snail Garcon summon up a new cocktail Lift that fork Eat that snail Garcon summon up a new cocktail Crash my bicycle Crash my bicycle In a big South Carolina wreck I crashed my bicycle Crash my bicycle Crash my bicycle In a big South Carolina wreck I crashed my bicycle If I had to do it all again, by bicycle If I had to do it I would crash my bicycle I'd crush my head Collect the bread Crash my bicycle Move around folks Push 'er back, there Move along Show's over folks Let 'em breathe Step lively Move around folks Push 'er back, there Move along Show's over folks Let 'em breathe Step lively Fork! (Fork!) Snail! (Snail!) Garcon! (Garcon!) Cocktail! (Cocktail!) Fork! (Fork!) Snail! (Snail!) Garcon! (Garcon!) Cocktail! (Cocktail!) Move around folks Push 'er back, there Move along Show's over folks Let 'em breathe Step lively (lyrics listened to by Michael Sclafani, David Hendler, and Scott Knaster) --- Scott Knaster sknaster@best.com creator of TMBG easter egg in Magic Cap ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 12:54:52 -0600 (CST) From: Aloysius Snuffleupagus Subject: Re: islands > > On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Anne Warren King wrote: > > > "I declare that i am England...." > > It HAS to be England because They use the word "declare", which is such > > an English sounding word. Can't you just imagine lots of Brits sitting > > around drinking tea, declaring various declarations?? I love the word > > choice here. "Declare" and "England" go beautifully together. > Hmm. I though "declare" sounded more southern. You know, deep south. Like Scarlett O'whatever and such. But then, that whole England thing is lost. Ok, never mind. -Jenny, who declares she's sorry to have opened her mouth in the first place. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:44:18 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: South Carolina lyrics On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Scott Knaster wrote: > If I had to do it all again, by bicycle I don't know, but wouldn't it be "If I had to do it all again, bye bicycle" as in goodbye bicycle, with one of the byes being the first part of bicycle? That's just what I thought, but if your lyrics are official, then I guess I'm wrong. - Ryan Staib *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 97starya@james.hawken.edu gn487@cleveland.freenet.edu Yay. ------------------------------ From: BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:37:41 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: life, the universe, everything, and tmbg JUST A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE THIRD ESTRANGED GIANT, DOUGLAS ADAMS: 1) WHERE DO THEY SELL "THE MEANING OF LIFF" AND "THE FURTHER MEANING OF LIFF". THEY ARE REAL BOOKS (LOOK INSIDE THE COVER OF "HITCHHIKERS") 2) AM I STILL THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO HAS READ "LAST CHANCE TO SEE", "THE ORIGIONAL HITCHHIKER'S RADIO SCRIPTS", YET, HAS NOT READ "ZAPHOD PLAYS IT (OR IS IT "ID") SAFE"? 3) WHY IS THERE STILL ONLY TWO BOOKS IN THE "DIRK GENTLY" SERIES? BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK ------------------------------ From: BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:40:35 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Entertainment Weekly. YES. AND IN AN ISSUE FROM LAST SUMMER, THEY HAD AN ARTICLE CALLED "THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS", YET IT ABOUT COMPUTER PROGRAMERS. BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK ------------------------------ From: "Jennifer Parker" Organization: Agnes Scott College Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 15:41:26 EST Subject: Re: Dallas's All-Time TMBG Mega-Mix Recruiting Album On 11 Feb 96 at 23:41, John Henry wrote: > > Also, I'd add 'James K Polk' which is a great live song, and should > attract anyone with taste. I heard that song live in Philly, PA. It was one of the most spiritual moments of my short life. Where else have They played it? They acted like it was the first time they ever played it in concert. That was 30 Dec 95, so I suppose you might have heard it since then. Also, about this "I declare that I am Britain" thing: NO!NO!NO! That would eliminate the repetition of the vowel sounds that makes the line so beautiful. Anyway, John and John used "England" for a reason, however much we do not understand it!! ############################################################ "If it wasn't for disappointments, I wouldn't have any appointments." Jennifer Parker jparker@agnes.scottlan.edu ################################################################## ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: Dallas's All-Time TMBG Mega-Mix Recruiting Album Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 17:08:34 -0500 (EST) > > On 11 Feb 96 at 23:41, John Henry wrote: > > > > > > Also, I'd add 'James K Polk' which is a great live song, and should > > attract anyone with taste. > I heard that song live in Philly, PA. It was one of the most > spiritual moments of my short life. Where else have They played it? > They acted like it was the first time they ever played it in > concert. That was 30 Dec 95, so I suppose you might have heard it > since then. Indeed I was at that Philly show as well! The mentioned during the concert that they had not played the song in five years and taht they might be a bit rusty. They went on to play it again in Washington, DC on Jan 17. I think they made it part of that mini-tour. I almost died when I heard that song as it is my favorite and I didn't htink they'd ever play it. > > Also, about this "I declare that I am Britain" thing: > NO!NO!NO! That would eliminate the repetition of the vowel sounds > that makes the line so beautiful. Anyway, John and John used > "England" for a reason, however much we do not understand it!! What repitition of vowel sounds? Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 16:33:47 -0600 From: Katrina Hockin Subject: Re: Are WE being taken for granted????? At 04:48 PM 2/12/96 -0800, you wrote: > After all, I believe it was John Lennon who said, "Life is what happens while >you are making other plans." Actually it was Betty Talmage who said it. ****************************************************************************** * Katrina Hockin * * khockin@niu.edu * * "Are you strong enough to be my man?" * * Sheryl Crow * ****************************************************************************** ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 17:55:42 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Newsletter address As promised, here is the address of the newsletter, for those of you who wish to subscribe: TMBG INFORMATION CLUB P.O. BOX 110535 WILLIAMSBURGH STATION BROOKLYN, NY 11211 U.S.A You may have to send two self addressed stamped envelopes, but don't take my word for it...I'm not sure. As far as getting a new issue, the last one I've received was in November of 1994!!...so if anyone has a good reason to be pissed, it's me! I recently attended one of their concerts in Rochester NY, and wrote my name down on the mailing list, again, so maybe that will do something...I just don't know anymore. The long wait might have something to do with the fact that I live in Canada, and if memory serves me, all the issues I ever received were several months late. Never-the-less, those of you who have only been waiting since August or December, consider yourselves lucky! ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:20:26 -0500 2 09:44:20 EST, you write: >Ah... but isn't saying "England" more poetic, fits nicer into the rhythm, >and very AMERICAN way of alluding to a big island? It's sounds better >that "I declere that I am the United Kingdom..." doesn't it? along those same lines, if you say "United Kingdom" you're talking about Hong Kong and Northern Ireland as well... so that does work logistically either... me who should worrying how people are pronouncing the word either as they are reading it in their head and who should realize that any sane man would pronounce it like eye and also wonders how any sane woman would pronounce it ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:20:34 -0500 Subject: Re: JOHNS... >WORTHLESS PEOPLE ARE >NAMED CHUCK? but what about Chuck Woolery (sp)? He's certainly not worthless, how would all the people make the love connection me who realizes there is no way to show sarcasm in email but does not care ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:20:28 -0500 Subject: Re: Particle Man In a message dated 96-02-12 12:37:04 EST, you write: >> > And Third, Particle man could just wait >> >until universe man went to happy land. This may take a long time but >> >remembering Newtonion Physics you will recall that matter can never be >> >destroyed. >> >> but what if (gasp) Newton was wrong... >> >> me who really should have quit while he was ahead >> >Well Newton Was disproved by einstien who said that matter could be >converted ino energy hence the equation energy = mass x the speed of >light squared(E=mc^2) But I was disregaurding that. I suck. > Yeah so what if Mr. Particle was in an A-bomb that they were waiting to drop on an unsuspecting _internet_.... what then mr. newtonion physics, eh? me who considered paying attention in science class but decided it really was not worth it since I can copy off those very nice girls who let me copy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:56:31 -0500 (EST) From: Brendan Palindrome Nadnerb Subject: Re: Dallas's All-Time TMBG Mega-Mix Recruiting Album On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Jennifer Parker wrote: > I heard that song live in Philly, PA. It was one of the most > spiritual moments of my short life. Where else have They played it? > They acted like it was the first time they ever played it in > concert. That was 30 Dec 95, so I suppose you might have heard it > since then. Wow. I too aw it on the 30th of Dec, 1995. I suppose you were also at the Troc (or was it the TLA?) Great show. Just tell me this: Why are you following me? Who sent you there to follow me? I MUST KNOW! Actually, it was a great show, and it did seem like they don't play it live that often. But it was great, anyway. Do you perchance, remember the set-list? I've been trying to put together a tape for my sister of the show's songs (it was her first TMBG experience). Thanks, Brendan Brendan Sullivan, Palindrome, Navillus Nadnerb bs069875@sjuphil.sju.edu 1-610-660-2464 "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals, Declaring us the nicest of the damned." -'Road Movie to Berlin' They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:57:10 -0500 Subject: Re: tape for the unfortunates... after the big response I got off the original post I'm almost afraid to tell you this... since I had a horrible time trying to choose I guess I'm just going to have to give her one CD at a time and get her slowly hooked................ nevermind me who is indecisive ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:57:14 -0500 Subject: sorry... this isn't exactly about TMBG but it sort-of is because over half my webspace is take up by TMBG stuff... I'm wondering if that web blackout thingy is still going on and what I'm supposed to do to my page... I've been sort of out of it for awhile so I may have missed and don't feel like the revoltionary I used to be :`( me who is sad because me is not cutting edge anymore ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:58:18 -0500 (EST) From: Demoness Jeanette Subject: Re: life, the universe, everything, and tmbg On Tue, 13 Feb 1996 BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov wrote: > 3) WHY IS THERE STILL ONLY TWO BOOKS IN THE "DIRK GENTLY" SERIES? > Beacuse dear old Douglas didn't get to it yet. ;) 'Nette ,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`' "Never let a man get the upper hand - there's no telling where he might put it." - Piers Anthony, _Man from Mundania_ *-------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost Trenton State College frost@trenton.edu `'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,. narf! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 16:21:43 -0800 (PST) From: Rian Rutherford Subject: Re: islands On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Mark M. Iles wrote: > Yes, that's right. We all stop for tea mid-afternoon, take 'orf' > our bowler hats and 'declare' lots of things about the weather. We all look > like Jeremy Irons or Anthony Hopkins, speak like James Fox and know lots > of lords and earls. And we've all met the Queen. Apart from those working > class salt-of-the-earth types who are all cheeky and cheery, of course. > Hey, sounds like a great description of the British to me :) That's EXACTLY what I woulda said about you... 'Cept you left out the "We watch Monty Python on the BBC, cuz that's all that's on' *------------------------------------------------------------ | garthi@teleport.com | *------------------------------------------------------------ | When working towards the solution of a problem, it always| | helps to know the answer. | *------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 17:14:31 -0800 From: gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) Subject: Re: TMBG Project >The idea is, after the 3 songs >have been selected, people will record themselves playing some or all of >them while listening to the real version via headphones. This will >(hopefully) eliminate contradictions in tempo, key signatures, etc. The >tapes will then be mailed to me, and I will compile everything into nice >little tracks, mix it down, and send it out. It'll never, ever work. Don't believe me? Try it. I laugh at your face. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 19:49:53 -0600 (CST) From: Aloysius Snuffleupagus Subject: Re: TMBG Project On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Greg Benson wrote: > >The idea is, after the 3 songs > >have been selected, people will record themselves playing some or all of > >them while listening to the real version via headphones. This will > >(hopefully) eliminate contradictions in tempo, key signatures, etc. The > >tapes will then be mailed to me, and I will compile everything into nice > >little tracks, mix it down, and send it out. > > It'll never, ever work. Don't believe me? Try it. I laugh at your face. > > Oh, what a sweetheart! Can we all wish this beautiful boy a very happy valentine's day? And then kick him in the shins? -Jenny, who doesn't like a quitter (does anyone?) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 20:52:08 -0500 From: mmd2@cornell.edu (Prodigal Daughter) Hey gang! Just thought I'd share a story with you: I was at work the other night and my housemate started playing a tape marked "John Henry". Later she called me at work to say: "Hey! Who is this John Henry and why haven't I heard him before?" I let her in on the secret that it was actually TMBG's album JH, to which she reacted with surprise. Unfortunately her boyfriend had previously brainwashed her into not listening to Them. So, now she's seen the light... as for the England line in Sleeping in the flowers: taking into consideration the Subliminal theme of the album, I always thought that was some bass ackwards reference to a Squeeze song which I can't quite seem to remember... Over and out, Prodigal Daughter ------------------------------ From: Beezus5085@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:43:42 -0500 Subject: Re: JOHNS... In a message dated 96-02-12 14:44:28 EST, BOAR_110 writes: >MAYBE GIANTS FANS SHOULD CHANGE >THEIR NAMES TO SISTER/BROTHER JOHN WHATEVERTHEIRNAMEMIGHTBE. >THAT WOULD >TRULY MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. > BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK :> What an awesome idea!!!! So would my name be Brother John Beezus, Brother John Dallas, or Brother John Verdugo? P.S.- I just figured out how to quote the easy way on AOLame! ------------------------------ From: Beezus5085@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:45:24 -0500 Subject: Re: Info Club On Monday, Feb.12, 1996 Ryan Staib wrote, >That's because they only come out twice a year, and the last one arrived >around Novemer 15th. The next one should come out in about... 3-4 months? >This has been my experience, but I've only gotten 2 issues, so I could be >wrong. >- Ryan Staib I've only gotten one info club newsletter since last February ( I say we rise-up and get this month's name changed to Febuary, or maybe Johnuary!). I cling to it like a safety blanket and every so-often I get it down and say, "Man, I wish I could buy all the stuff in here!" God, I need some money! Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't have a point. Time waster, Beezus ------------------------------ From: Beezus5085@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:53:49 -0500 Subject: Re: Info Club On Monday, Feb.12, 1996 Ryan Staib wrote, >That's because they only come out twice a year, and the last one arrived >around Novemer 15th. The next one should come out in about... 3-4 months? >This has been my experience, but I've only gotten 2 issues, so I could be >wrong. >- Ryan Staib I've only gotten one info club newsletter since last February ( I say we rise-up and get this month's name changed to Febuary, or maybe Johnuary!). I cling to it like a safety blanket and every so-often I get it down and say, "Man, I wish I could buy all the stuff in here!" God, I need some money! Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't have a point. Time waster, Beezus ------------------------------ From: Beezus5085@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:54:33 -0500 Subject: Re: Info Club On Monday, Feb.12, 1996 Ryan Staib wrote, >That's because they only come out twice a year, and the last one arrived >around Novemer 15th. The next one should come out in about... 3-4 months? >This has been my experience, but I've only gotten 2 issues, so I could be >wrong. >- Ryan Staib I've only gotten one info club newsletter since last February ( I say we rise-up and get this month's name changed to Febuary, or maybe Johnuary!). I cling to it like a safety blanket and every so-often I get it down and say, "Man, I wish I could buy all the stuff in here!" God, I need some money! Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't have a point. Time waster, Beezus ------------------------------ From: Beezus5085@aol.com Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:55:44 -0500 Subject: Re: Info Club On Monday, Feb.12, 1996 Ryan Staib wrote, >That's because they only come out twice a year, and the last one arrived >around Novemer 15th. The next one should come out in about... 3-4 months? >This has been my experience, but I've only gotten 2 issues, so I could be >wrong. >- Ryan Staib I've only gotten one info club newsletter since last February ( I say we rise-up and get this month's name changed to Febuary, or maybe Johnuary!). I cling to it like a safety blanket and every so-often I get it down and say, "Man, I wish I could buy all the stuff in here!" God, I need some money! Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't have a point. Time waster, Beezus ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 22:33:05 -0500 (EST) From: Demoness Jeanette Subject: Re: JOHNS... On Tue, 13 Feb 1996 Beezus5085@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 96-02-12 14:44:28 EST, BOAR_110 writes: > > >MAYBE GIANTS FANS SHOULD CHANGE > >THEIR NAMES TO SISTER/BROTHER JOHN WHATEVERTHEIRNAMEMIGHTBE. >THAT WOULD > >TRULY MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. > > BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK :> > > What an awesome idea!!!! So would my name be Brother John Beezus, Brother > John Dallas, or Brother John Verdugo? It would be Brother John BeezusDallasVerdugo. I didn't say it would be pretty. I refuse to sound like a nun, however. (John)'Nette ,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`' "Never let a man get the upper hand - there's no telling where he might put it." - Piers Anthony, _Man from Mundania_ *-------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost Trenton State College frost@trenton.edu `'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,.*'`'*.,. narf! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 23:26:33 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: RE: TMBG video compilation On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Russ Josephson x722 wrote: > > I was at Blockbuster Video last month and looked > in their catalog. The TMBG video collection was listed > for $12 or $13 as a standard video that could be > ordered. I plan to get to soon. The next step is to ask one of the clerks if they'd buy it for you, hence a 15% discount. I'd do it if someone asked me... but of course, I work at a Blockbuster where everybody around listens to TLC, so nobody would order the TMBG video from my store... BUt anyway, ask one of them cauze they might. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 23:29:16 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: interps... > > > > Ah... but isn't saying "England" more poetic, fits nicer into the rhythm, > > and very AMERICAN way of alluding to a big island? It's sounds better > > that "I declere that I am the United Kingdom..." doesn't it? > Ahh but I think "I declare that I am Britain" would sound just as good, and it has > the same syllables and such too. I do like "I declare that I am England" though. > Matt Ahhh but the John's are Americans, and confusing the two are common here. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 23:51:05 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: and now, the results! For the project, we have a three way tie for the top three voted songs. I'd like to thank everybody who voted. And cauze it's almost Valentine's Day, I'd like to thank everybody who didn't vote too. And now.... in third place, with 3 votes - Turn Around in second... a three way tie at 4 votes each - Welcome 2 the Jungle Birdhouse in your soul They'll Need a Crane and the top three voted songs to be used for the project.... [space inserted to build dramatic tension] ... at a whopping 8 votes each... DEAD SHE'S AN ANGEL COWTOWN I'll post more stuff about how part 2 will work later; I'm running out of on-line time. thanks again for voting. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 22:13:23 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: A question for East Coast people... Would anyone happen to know if They are performing around the Boston area at all during the week of March 17th? I'm going to be up there for spring break that week and would love to catch a show, since I live in Nebraska and will almost surely never get the chance to see Them there. :( (Yes, Nebraska really is as bad as you probably think. It's just devoid of...well, everything except for, like, corn and football). Actually, let me know if They're gonna be anywhere in that general area at all that week, because we'll be sort of all over the New England area. Thanks! *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: www.tmbg.com Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 02:40:56 -0500 (EST) Well this is a bit of a shock, I tried to go to http://www.tmbg.com/ since it usually goes to to ~obo page but I can never remember the exact address, well it appears that this page (the official page) is no longer in existance. Not only that, www.tmbg.com is linked to the Elektra page which I guess is the new official page? I was trying to check up on concert dates as that is the only place I know of that they had em. Oh well, guess I'll have to find out through other channels. See ya'all Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-45 *****************************