Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 47 Friday, 16 February 1996 Today's Topics: Re: Hot Ska on Happy Days?????? Re: Skasta-roni Roughly Speaking Re: Roughly Speaking Re: Stripes! Re: Stripes! Stripes Re: interps... shows DONT BOOTLEG This has nothing to do with Them. Move on, please... Re: Voting, .com, Trains, Partridges Re: interps... Re: interps... Re: concerts again... Re: Particle Man Re: shows Mercury Lounge concerts TMBG @ Mercury Lounge Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... Re: This has nothing to do with Them. Move on, please... Re: interps... Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-44 Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... (none) They in P.A. ? tell me Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... pearl Re: pearl (and info club order) uh.... Get interesting, or I'm gone. Re: Mrs. Train TMBG @ Mercury Lounge Re: pearl (and info club order) re: could they be any slower? Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 05:09:11 -0500 (EST) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: Re: Hot Ska on Happy Days?????? On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Mark M. Iles wrote: > > > On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Cuper Vargas wrote: > > > -The second wave of ska developed in England (where many Jamaican > > immigrated) in the 70's. Ska, at this point, was being infused with punk > > influences. The pioneers of this period were the Specials, known for > > their Two-Tone record label. This label also had such bands as the > > Selecter, and the aforementioned Madness (who are a text-book example of > > the word "sell-out"). > > They incorporated Ska into a popular format. What's wrong with > that? I, for one, like them. > > Mark > Are we talking about the same band? I'm thinking of the Madness that started out making half-rate ska (i.e. "The Prince") and ended up making abysmal pop (i.e. "Our House"). I'll take the Specials any day. -Slacker Ng "Now I know that, now I understand, You're turning into monkey on me." ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 05:12:29 -0500 (EST) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: Re: Skasta-roni On Wed, 14 Feb 1996 Beezus5085@aol.com wrote: > "Tougher Than Tough"-The story of Jamican music. > > Music by: > -Skatalites > -The Maytals The Maytals!!! Exactly what songs are on the collection? -Slacker Ng. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 08:58:13 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Roughly Speaking Ben or Been on my soapbox--Ivory. Basically, "Cowtown" goes: The yearn is for home but our only home is bone How sleepless is the egg knowing that which throws the stone Foresees the bone, the bone Our only home is bone Our only home is bone (rips on me not allowed if I have poorly lyricized this--BorB) *** Well, perhaps this analysis seems obvious, but what Flanny sings about is the inevitability of death. "Our only home is bone" is an assertion that we are moving toward death as each moment passes, the bone alluding to the skeleton. The egg--representing especially our early selves--loses sleep about this notion, because it wants to deny that "You live, then you die." And perhaps this is why the singer moves to Cowtown, as an attempt maybe to deny that death is coming by staying with his friends, the cows. Maybe. Thoughts? Languages? Realities? Ben or Been Writing a Whorfian Analysis of Gender-Related Dialogue in Drama ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:38:02 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: Roughly Speaking On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Benjamin Hauck wrote: > The yearn is for home but our only home is bone > the inevitability of death. "Our only home is bone" is an assertion that Um, I think it's "We yearn to swim for home" but whatever. Also, this is prolly completely wrong, but I just thought I'd point out that "what's the sense in ever thinking about the tomb, when you're much too busy returning to the womb?" If the sea was where the first life (supposedly) came out of, then progressed to "arboreality," then finally shunned the trees, wouldn't a return to "beneath the waves" be a return to the womb, hence letting him forget "the tomb," or "bone?" - Ryan Staib *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 97starya@james.hawken.edu gn487@cleveland.freenet.edu Yay. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 10:13:17 -0500 (EST) From: Anne Warren King Subject: Re: Stripes! Not only at concerts does Flans wear stripes In all of the publicity photos (of Them) I've seen, he is wearing a striped shirt. I have never seen Linnel wear stripes, though. Wouldn't it be depressing if Flans got contacts? FROM:ANNE ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 10:42:24 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Subject: Re: Stripes! > Not only at concerts does Flans wear stripes > In all of the publicity photos (of Them) I've seen, he is wearing a striped > shirt. I have never seen Linnel wear stripes, though. > Wouldn't it be depressing if Flans got contacts? > FROM:ANNE When I took a Home Economics course in High School, (Don't laugh. I can make some mighty scrumptious brownies!), I learned that horizontal stripes make you look fatter and that vertical stripes make you look thinner. I just thought I would mention that in case anyone could expound on the "striped shirt controversy"................ grd ------------------------------ From: tapatenaude@acad.ursinus.edu Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:00:29 EST Subject: Stripes Every time I've seen They Flans has been wearing a striped T. I think they're his style. :) -Tara ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:50:45 -0600 From: Paul Leonard Subject: Re: interps... >>Ahhh but the John's are Americans, and confusing the two are common here. >why don't we just say "I declare that I am the Bitish Isle on the Left" and >get it over with... um, i thought England was the one on the right. I know I'm pretty far away from it, but that's what the map on my wall says, too...National Geographic's never wrong... :) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:58:42 -0800 (EST) From: Sarah Rickter Subject: shows Can anyone tell me where to find a listing of upcoming show dates? Does one exist on the net?? Thank you!!! Sarah ------------------------------ Subject: DONT BOOTLEG Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 12:29:51 -0500 (EST) From: "** JEN TSAO **" DONT BOOTLEG! It's illegal and it's not fair to the band. Mercury Lounge is in Manhattan, lower west side, I believe. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:58:02 -0600 (CST) From: Laura Palmer Subject: This has nothing to do with Them. Move on, please... Hello, hello, hello. I just had to share my exitement with people who might fully appreciate it. If I go see Frank Black in Houston on the 24th, I might get to be on the guest list and meet (and interview!!!) him! Yea yea yea. I told some friends of mine this, and they said "Who's Frank Black?" I was dissapointed. One of them even OWNS a Pixies album (Trompe LeMonde) and she didn't know. Ok. I just had to share. And I played "They'll need a Crane" on my radio show yesterday, in honor of Valentines day, even though They're not from Texas. So now, this messagE _DOES_ have something to do with them, and you can't get mad at me for being off topic. -Jenny @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ "My one regret in life is that I am not someone else..." - Woody Allen Visit the new and vastly uninproved Home Page-a-go-go! http://acs.tamu.edu/~jek4911/index.html @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:58:15 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Re: Voting, .com, Trains, Partridges > Anyone know what Mrs. Train is about? On wednesdays, the yearbook people sell pizza at school to raise money. They won't let you buy from the next pizza box untill all of the pieces are bought from the current one, so there is always one pathetically small piece left that no one wants to pay $2 for. you can't get to the next box untill somebody buys the wimpy piece, but you don't want to buy it yourself. This is what I think of everytime I hear Mrs. Train. Download the Mrs. Train pict from the TMBG ftp site. It's reely cool. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: interps... Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:14:50 -0500 (EST) > >>Ahhh but the John's are Americans, and confusing the two are common here. > >why don't we just say "I declare that I am the Bitish Isle on the Left" and > >get it over with... Well, if you were talking about the Isle on the Left wouldn't that be Ireland? I mean England is about as far right as you can get as far as Great Britain is concerned, right? Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 18:07:32 +0000 (GMT) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Re: interps... On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Paul Leonard wrote: > >>Ahhh but the John's are Americans, and confusing the two are common here. > >why don't we just say "I declare that I am the Bitish Isle on the Left" and > >get it over with... > > um, i thought England was the one on the right. I know I'm pretty far away > from it, but that's what the map on my wall says, too...National > Geographic's never wrong... :) But you can turn it upside-down. Then England _is_ the bit on the left. And the water spirals the right way out the sink. Of course if you're ambidextrous, it doesn't matter anyway. Hmmmm... Mark ------------------------------ From: c619888@showme.missouri.edu Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 12:28:31 -0600 (CST) Subject: Re: concerts again... On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, ** JEN TSAO ** wrote: > Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 19:25:06 -0500 (EST) > From: ** JEN TSAO ** > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > Cc: frost@trenton.edu > Subject: concerts again... > > In case anyone else was wondering about the concerts in NYC in March. > They're supposed to be at the Mercury Lounge each Thursday in March, which > makes it the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th. (I'm such a mathemagician.) And I > think there will be two shows each night one all ages and one 21+. I > don't know the costs, times, or how to get tickets, though. > > I'm going to try to go to the first two. Anyone else?? > YES, I want to. I MIGHT get to NYC for spring break and if I do, you can bet I'll be at the March 14 show if I can get tickets. It's the day after my birthday, that would be a dream! Lara ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:01:33 -0600 (CST) From: Joseph Puscas Subject: Re: Particle Man On Tue, 13 Feb 1996 Ruprecht76@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 96-02-12 12:37:04 EST, you write: > > >> > And Third, Particle man could just wait > >> >until universe man went to happy land. This may take a long time but > >> >remembering Newtonion Physics you will recall that matter can never be > >> >destroyed. > >> > >> but what if (gasp) Newton was wrong... > >> > >> me who really should have quit while he was ahead > >> > >Well Newton Was disproved by einstien who said that matter could be > >converted ino energy hence the equation energy = mass x the speed of > >light squared(E=mc^2) But I was disregaurding that. I suck. > > > Yeah so what if Mr. Particle was in an A-bomb that they were waiting to drop > on an unsuspecting _internet_.... what then mr. newtonion physics, eh? > > me who considered paying attention in science class but decided it really was > not worth it since I can copy off those very nice girls who let me copy Anytime matter is destroyed it releases ALOT of energy Therefore the entire core of universe man would be anihilated. or something like that. Oh by the way if you want to kiss up to sience girls ask them if they subscribe to the implosion teory for the formation of the universe or if they're still hung up on that Big Bang notion. Then Bullshit. You will seem like a hard pipehittin scientist geek. Good luck. Good luck with the ladies, Joe ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:54:03 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: shows On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Sarah Rickter wrote: > > Can anyone tell me where to find a listing of upcoming show dates? > Does one exist on the net?? Thank you!!! > > Sarah > Yes, one used to exist on the net at the TMBG official home page, but last time I checked it out, to my horror it had disappeared. The only other place I can think of is the newsletter, but it's pretty obvious from previous messages that nobody has received the latest issue. I guess I haven't been any help at all, have I? Sorry, I'll shut up now! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:01:34 -0500 (EST) From: Craig Whyte Subject: Mercury Lounge concerts Hey all. The next time I'm at the radio station, I'll throw a note in the mailbox of the concert guru to see if she knows anything about these shows. It's the best I can do! Craig ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:12:02 -0500 Subject: TMBG @ Mercury Lounge This is what I know about the Mercury Lounge Shows... As was mentioned, every Thursday They will be playing two shows... But I have a correction. The first show of the night is not all ages. It is 18+. And the second show is 21+. Although ML slacked off on carding for the Hello Showcase, that was very unusual. They are known for generally being very strict about IDs. Tickets will be going on sale this Saturday, and _only_ at the Mercury Lounge box office, from what I have heard. (I'll be double checking that in the Voice some time later today) So, that would rule out Ticketmaster. Mercury Lounge is located on E. Houston, downtown. I hope I didn't just repeat something that was already posted. It's the trials of getting the digestification. Love, Brooks. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 15:17:22 -0500 (EST) From: Copy Shop Clerk Subject: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... Aimee and Soph here. We have an idea and you are going to like it. Remember all that jazz about getting a t-shirt created? Well, Aims and i have a deal for you! We are sick of all the talk and are making our own. *disclaimer* this is not intended to hurt anybody, we love you all, we like the talk and this is all meant in good fun. So send any flames you have to Paul Sebold :D "I THREAD, THEREFORE I AM" 10. Where exactly DOES Ana Ng live? 9. CALL BEN! CALL BEEN! CALL BENNNN!!!!!!! 8. TMBG on Space Ghost?! What?! 7. So how about the Johns' sexual preference or religion? Anybody? 6. So what's YOUR particle man theory? 5. "Daniel sang bass" or "Daddy sang bass"? You decide. 4. Is it the Big Blue Album or the Pink Album? 3. Is Hot Cha Jesus??????????? 2. So what IS the worst TMBG song? 1. Mr. Blobby! So.. be the first on your block to sport a homemade, low-grade, easily degradable t-shirt made by Soph and Aims! * So send lots and lots of money, TMBG rarities, yo-yos, or whatever you can dig up, but make sure you multiply it by two! (you dont want to see us fight do you?) email us if you want one or if or if or if or if you just wanna talk and send us cyber love. please? please? * (hand crafted and painted with love in Indiana!) Aimee Pflieger apfliege@indiana.edu *OR* Lili Von Shtupp sarsmith@indiana.edu *--------------------------------------------------------- "Look straight in the mirror, watch it come clearer. I look like a painter, behind all the grease." Barenaked Ladies *--------------------------------------------------------- http://silver.ucs.indiana.edu/~sarsmith/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 15:30:34 -0500 (EST) From: Demoness Jeanette Subject: Re: This has nothing to do with Them. Move on, please... You get to see Frank Black? AND Interview him?!? Can I be you for a while? Luv and Luck to you, 'Nette <^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^> "No one in the world ever gets what they want, and that is beautiful. Everyone dies frustrated inside, and that is beautiful." - TMBG *--------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost | "The next president to lead the way,/ It just frost@trenton.edu | might be yourself one day./ Then the press'll Trenton State | distort everything you say........" Animaniacs <_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_> Support Free Speech On The InterNet!!!!! egad! ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 16:32:43 -0500 Subject: Re: interps... >>>Ahhh but the John's are Americans, and confusing the two are common here. >>why don't we just say "I declare that I am the Bitish Isle on the Left" and >>get it over with... > >um, i thought England was the one on the right. I know I'm pretty far away >from it, but that's what the map on my wall says, too...National >Geographic's never wrong... :) right! right! I meant to say right... dyslexia has it's drawbacks me who lies and says me has dyslexia just because me don't know me directions ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:48:51 +0000 (GMT) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Copy Shop Clerk wrote: > 1. Mr. Blobby! Mr Blobby's made it to America???? Say it ain't so? I would have thought you had enough crap of your own to contend with, without having to face off _that_ spawn of Noel Edmonds... Mark ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:48:37 -0800 From: The Girl From Venus Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-44 At 03:05 AM 2/13/96 -0500, you wrote: > > >I was at Blockbuster Video last month and looked >in their catalog. The TMBG video collection was listed >for $12 or $13 as a standard video that could be >ordered. I plan to get to soon. > I ordered a tmbg video compilation at Suncoast video around the first week of January as a belated christmas gift for a friend. Now it's a REALLY belated gift, because it still hasn't come in. I don't know if it's just a problem with Suncoast, or if the video isn't available anywhere right now. You can try it though. gfv ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 18:13:47 18000 > So.. be the first on your block to sport a homemade, low-grade, easily > degradable t-shirt made by Soph and Aims! * > > So send lots and lots of money, TMBG rarities, yo-yos, or whatever you > can dig up, but make sure you multiply it by two! (you dont want to see > us fight do you?) email us if you want one or if or if or if or if you > just wanna talk and send us cyber love. please? > > please? > I've already made a few low-grade shirts myself, not that anyone's interested, but hey: Realize that making T-shirts is a snap! I've made one with They and the java cups as a pocket print, with the snowman-burning-cash on the back with a larger version of the same title. It looks pretty smooth, especially since on the pocket print it's three colors blended.... The other one (You might know what i mean if you got the last newsletter) Is a christmas-type shirt, with the four huge ornaments that say "they" "might" "be" and "giants" on them on the front, and nothing on back. I think they look cool, but hey, I made 'em. I am, BTW, looking for a list of the tour dates they did for John Henry, I think it was late 1994 when they hit Tallahassee. I want to make a shirt w/the tour dates. And, before I go, if anyone has a really creative idea that I could do for my seminar in English on They, feel free to tell me! (Keep in mind this is high school here) I basically just have to entertain the class, and make a point that Their music isn't just fluff. Any song / video suggestions? Thanks -Tom I guess (The multitalented (But who here isn't?)) ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 18:16:31 18000 Just checking if my mail works. -- ------------------------------ From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 19:08:29 E Subject: They in P.A. ? I just read today someone's message about a TMBG concert *somewhere* in Pennsylvania...unfortunately because of my crappy system, I had to delete most of my mail today because of those dang quota regulations. So I'm just asking if anyone has any info on such an event. btw, I think Chess Piece Face is not a compliment, and I refuse to change my name to John :) In case anyone cared, Trace ------------------------------ From: Jantschman@aol.com Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 19:40:13 -0500 Subject: tell me Hey People I've never sent mail on the list, just replied to it. Tell me if I did this right. JaN+sChMAn, who looks at the headers once in a while ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 19:54:06 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... > And, before I go, if anyone has a really creative idea that I >could do for my seminar in English on They, feel free to tell me! >(Keep in mind this is high school here) I basically just have to >entertain the class, and make a point that Their music isn't just >fluff. Any song / video suggestions? I'd definitely suggest Purple Toupee. I did a little shpiel on it for my American Studies class. It's great because you can tie in all of the Martin Luther King civil rights stuff and outline all of the historical events alluded to in the song. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 13:48:00 +1300 From: sjp6@waikato.ac.nz (Sam Pearson) Subject: pearl Here's a question for all you TMBG trivial trivia fans (that looks strange) Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew how 'Pearl' is. This is the Pearl on the back of the t-shirt and on the inside cover of the WDTSS ep. Is she some relation of John or something? Also, has anyone got anything they oredered from the info club in the last couple of months? bye, bob. "I declare that I am England" -TMBG Who would want to? '95-'96 World Cups: New Zealand 2; England 0. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 20:45:14 -0500 Subject: Re: pearl (and info club order) >Here's a question for all you TMBG trivial trivia fans (that looks strange) >Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew how 'Pearl' is. >This is the Pearl on the back of the t-shirt and on the inside cover of the >WDTSS ep. Is she some relation of John or something? I read somewhere that she's the daughter of a friend of the Johns who was also in some movie, but I can't remember which one (I think it may be in the FAQ, but I can't find my copy--sorry! >Also, has anyone got anything they oredered from the info club in the last >couple of months? Well, I requested the newsletter in September, got it in early November, and placed my order immediately. I still haven't received it, which means I've waited almost twice as long for the order than I did for the free letter--go figure. I was unable to delight my mom and dad with TMBG coffee, shot glasses, and "O Tannenbaum" for Christmas. I propose that someone who lives in the vicinity of the info club office go there and find out what the deal is! Anyone else got "Still haven't gotten my order" sob stories to share? Kay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 00:39:25 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: uh.... Here's a concept: If a They video gets put on Beavis and Butthead, would MTV show more of Their videos later on? Also, would it "suck", or would They be graced by B&B's opinion of "Cool"? Just wonderin' 'Nette..... I watch too much tv..... :) <^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^> "No one in the world ever gets what they want, and that is beautiful. Everyone dies frustrated inside, and that is beautiful." - TMBG *--------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost | "The next president to lead the way,/ It just frost@trenton.edu | might be yourself one day./ Then the press'll Trenton State | distort everything you say........" Animaniacs <_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_> Support Free Speech On The InterNet!!!!! egad! ------------------------------ From: TJami15126@aol.com Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:17:13 -0500 Subject: Get interesting, or I'm gone. I subscribed to this list to hear of relevent things about TMBG. All of my posts have been about their lyrics, or their concerts, or their interests. If TMBG isn't going to tour on the West coast, or give a fricking fly about their fans out here, I have no reason to continue to tolerate this mindless clogging of my mailbox. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't supported them, or like I am a mindless loon, it's just that I don't like having 20 notes about what shirts they wear, or whether or not Flans takes the right or the left of the stage. If the notes don't improve, I am going to leave this sub. Tim in CA ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 22:23:44 -0800 From: gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) Subject: Re: Mrs. Train >Anyone know what Mrs. Train is about? She's about 5 foot 3. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: TMBG @ Mercury Lounge Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:32:09 -0500 (EST) > This is what I know about the Mercury Lounge Shows... > > As was mentioned, every Thursday They will be playing two shows... But I have > a correction. The first show of the night is not all ages. It is 18+. And > the second show is 21+. Although ML slacked off on carding for the Hello > Showcase, that was very unusual. They are known for generally being very > strict about IDs. > > Tickets will be going on sale this Saturday, and _only_ at the Mercury Lounge > box office, from what I have heard. (I'll be double checking that in the > Voice some time later today) So, that would rule out Ticketmaster. Mercury > Lounge is located on E. Houston, downtown. > > I hope I didn't just repeat something that was already posted. It's the > trials of getting the digestification. Doh! Going on sale only at the Mercury Lounge! Ack, I have to find someone who lives in NY to get tickets, oh pooh. Oh crap Oasis is on, lemme put in a CD. Ok I'm back, well the first question I should ask is how much tickets are, and secondly who is going from the general Baltimore-Washington area and um, is anyone buying tickets for people as that'd be a long drive just to buy tickets! Ok see ya'all later, Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: pearl (and info club order) Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:46:37 -0500 (EST) > >Here's a question for all you TMBG trivial trivia fans (that looks strange) > >Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew how 'Pearl' is. > >This is the Pearl on the back of the t-shirt and on the inside cover of the > >WDTSS ep. Is she some relation of John or something? > > I read somewhere that she's the daughter of a friend of the Johns who was > also in some movie, but I can't remember which one (I think it may be in the > FAQ, but I can't find my copy--sorry! > > > >Also, has anyone got anything they oredered from the info club in the last > >couple of months? > > > Well, I requested the newsletter in September, got it in early November, and > placed my order immediately. I still haven't received it, which means I've > waited almost twice as long for the order than I did for the free letter--go > figure. I was unable to delight my mom and dad with TMBG coffee, shot > glasses, and "O Tannenbaum" for Christmas. I propose that someone who > lives in the vicinity of the info club office go there and find out what the > deal is! > > Anyone else got "Still haven't gotten my order" sob stories to share? Hey Kay, I have some TMBG coffee from the Johns Hopkins show from March, 1995, care to borrow some? It's just growing mold here ;) Ya know I realized it is almost my year anniversary with these beans. I ordered on Dec. 8 for my O'Tannenbaum shirt and newsletter (which was supposed to be the day to get them just in time for Christmas) and haven't received either, but I did see something appear on my credit card statement from TMBG Productions, so I'm watching outfor stuff... Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 00:51:46 -0600 From: junkie man Subject: re: could they be any slower? so i ordered about 10,000 things from them in OCTOBER. i got most of my order at the end of JANUARY (pay no mind to the line reading orders recieved before dec 8 for christmas) and they STILL owe me 2 more shirts. they've always been slow on my orders before but this is by far the slowest they've ever been for me at least... paul ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-47 *****************************