Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-48 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 48 Saturday, 17 February 1996 Today's Topics: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-44 logo alert Re: uh.... Re: Get interesting, or I'm gone. come on, gang!! Ska FAQ Re: pearl Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 Who do I write too.... (none) Ben's Dial-A-Song Hello Feature! Re: Get interesting, or I'm gone. Demo Tape NYC ticketmaster+TMBG concerts in March Er.... Actual TMBG Info! my post Re: Get interesting, or I'm gone. Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 Re: DONT BOOTLEG Re: They in P.A. ? tmbg www page... o me oh my... were you asking for flames? Subliminal Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 Re: tmbg www page... CDA Protest (fwd) Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-44 Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... hmmmm... NYC ticketmaster+TMBG concerts in March come on, gang!! Re: hmmmm... Re: hmmmm... Re: hmmmm... small and large gripes (none) Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Jeremy J. Miner" Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:48:11 +0000 Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-44 I, too have ordered a video from Suncoast Motion Picture Company and have not yet recieved it. They say they are having trouble finding it. What TMBG videos are in existence, though? ==================================================== Jeremy Miner thx1138@alinc.com http://www.alinc.com/~thx1138 *---------------------------------------------------- Danke, und guten tag. ==================================================== ------------------------------ From: "Jeremy J. Miner" Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:52:43 +0000 Subject: logo alert The IATSE Union has a logo that closely resembles the logo used on the Flood album cover. If you want to see a comparison go to: http://www.alinc.com/~thx1138/iatse.html you will see what I mean. I wonder if one logo was borrowed or stolen from the other. ==================================================== Jeremy Miner thx1138@alinc.com http://www.alinc.com/~thx1138 *---------------------------------------------------- Danke, und guten tag. ==================================================== ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 06:32:43 -0500 Subject: Re: uh.... In a message dated 96-02-16 01:00:06 EST, you write: >Here's a concept: If a They video gets put on Beavis and Butthead, would >MTV show more of Their videos later on? Also, would it "suck", or would >They be graced by B&B's opinion of "Cool"? > >Just wonderin' >'Nette..... I watch too much tv..... :) I don't watch B & B regularly, but I've heard they _did_ show part of the "Ana Ng" video once and deemed that it "sucked." Kay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 07:36:16 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Get interesting, or I'm gone. >If the notes don't improve, I am going to leave this sub. The notes won't improve unless someone (possibly yourself) gives the list a viable subject to talk about. If you're going to leave we'll miss you, but it's certainly your choice. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:30:11 GMT Subject: come on, gang!! From: mrme@usa.pipeline.com (Rabbit Ears) can i get one last HAMMER DOWN!! for me before i leave?? come on gang!! let me hear those beautiful words!!!!!!! i'll be back some day.. don't forget to feed the dogs.. write me when you can [mrme@usa.pipeline.com] and for pete's sake, don't bring up the ana ng thing again!!!!!!!!! caio!!!! -- :Rabbit Ears: ------------------------------ From: john@msd.measurex.com (John Pletikapich) Subject: Ska FAQ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 96 7:58:53 EDT In case anyone is curious the URL of the Ska FAQ is http://www.smartpages.com/faqs/music/ska-faq/top.html Have a nice day -- john ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:21:31 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: pearl On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Sam Pearson wrote: > Here's a question for all you TMBG trivial trivia fans (that looks strange) > Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew how 'Pearl' is. > This is the Pearl on the back of the t-shirt and on the inside cover of the > WDTSS ep. Is she some relation of John or something? "Pearl" is the girl from the movie Deer Hunter, I think. She has no relation to either Johns. I'm not sure if the film is Deer Hunter...I'll make sure though. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 96 08:30:28 -0500 From: ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Speaker for the Dead) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 BootLegs??? Bootlegs don't hurt the band, that's what i've always been confused about. They increase popularity if anything, and I would think they would increase appreciation of the band. It doesn't cut into album sales...just because i might have bootlegs of things, i still want EVERYTHING GIANT!!! Anyway, me and two of my best friends have already taken on 'John' for a name. 'Cept we made up new last names from nowhere...they kind of make a law firm... I'm John Whabash they're John Lambasti and John Critch... together we're Whabash, Lambasti and Critch! The other 3 Johns... be well, ya freaks Nathan Todd (ntodd@emba.uvm.edu) Student, University of Vermont *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* "[Humans] never know anything. They don't have enough years in their little lives to come to an understanding of anything at all. And yet they think they understand. From earliest childhood, they delude themselves into thinking they comprehend the world, while all that's really going on is that they've got some primitive assumptions and prejudices. As they get older they learn a more elevated vocabulary in which to express their mindless pseudo-knowledge and bully other people into accepting their prejudices as if they were truth, but it all amounts to the same thing. Individually, human beings are all dolts." -From Xenocide, by Orson Scott Card ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:57:16 -0500 From: prefect@www.800net.com (Ford Prefect) Subject: Who do I write too.... who do I right to to get off this mailing list I'm gettin too much mail.....flooding my box -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- I didn't expect to find a salesman drinking coffee this late in the morning.How long you been here, Joe? Oh, I don't know, I guess thirty, forty-five minutes maybe. Why do you ask? You must be making a lot of sales, piling up good income. Oh... uh... I'm doing all right. I could do better, but... Ohahaha I get it Paul. Back on that old "Time is Money" kick, right? Not back on it, Joe, still on it. -TMBG- Snowball In Hell -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- ------------------------------ From: "BOBA FETT" Organization: anubis Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:48:58 EST Subject: (none) If anyone should hear about any TMBG Concerts in the Pittsburgh area please POST them. I saw one during the JOHN HENRY tour. It was wicked awesome. -Matthew Ondrey, So.D. MJO5733@ANUBIS.WESTMORELAND.CC.PA.US "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS, NO ONE KNOWS MY PLAN" -- TMBG, MJO ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:46:16 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Ben's Dial-A-Song Hello Feature! Ben or Been here, with Flanny-Good news! Ben's Dial-A-Song features "Town to Town" by Hello the Band with Flanny on lead vocals Hello the Band is a Fried-Conant thang, and my featured song has not only a Sesame-Street feel to raving, but also spastic variety and chewy chanting! Call to hear this TMBG rarity! (614) 823-2583 Ben's Dial-A-Song Where it's free if you hotwire a payphone. ***Hurry! The song will vamoose by Sunday! Hello, Bye-Bye, Towns are moving from town to town, So, Have you ever seen a bloody egg? Ben or Been ***Leave me a message, with you reaction! And read _Science and Sanity_!!!!!!!!!!!! Not affiliated with the They Might Be Giants Dial-A-Song or Pat Roberts. ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: Get interesting, or I'm gone. Date: Fri, 16 Feb 96 11:21:35 18000 You know, there IS a digest form of the mailing list... > > I subscribed to this list to hear of relevent things about TMBG. All of my > posts have been about their lyrics, or their concerts, or their interests. > If TMBG isn't going to tour on the West coast, or give a fricking fly about > their fans out here, I have no reason to continue to tolerate this mindless > clogging of my mailbox. > Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't supported them, or like I am a > mindless loon, it's just that I don't like having 20 notes about what shirts > they wear, or whether or not Flans takes the right or the left of the stage. > > If the notes don't improve, I am going to leave this sub. > > > Tim in CA > -- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 11:50:03 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Demo Tape Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Their original demo tape? I'd be willing to trade my first born child, or atleast some of Their bootlegs or television appearances for it. Also, did anybody attend Their concert at the Rochester Institute of Technology on Feb. 3, 1996? If you didn't, you missed a hell of a show. The only thing I didn't like is that people were moshing and what They refer to as "passing the dude", (crowd surfing). That ruined the first half hour of the show, until my gang and I moved back far enough from the stage to be relatively safe from the onslaught of flying legs, shoulders, bicepts, elbows, arms, and other assorted body parts. Other than that, the show was fan-freaking-tastic. It was the first time I had ever heard the song "James K. Polk", and They performed what I beleive to be a new single called "Spiraling Shape". We taped the show with quite good results. My apologies go out to those who think bootlegging is immoral, but I figure I'm going to burn in Hell anyway, so I may as well be happy while I'm here, and there's no better feeling than listening to Them, especially when They're live!! "I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed." TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 11:39:48 +0000 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: NYC ticketmaster+TMBG concerts in March I got the number for Ticketmaster in NYC, and they didn't have any info for the concerts at the Mercury Lounge. I wonder if you have to get the tickets at the door or at the place ahead of time.... Ana Ng P.S. If anyone wants the NYC Ticketmaster number, just let me know. Although if you call watch out for their phone line music inbetween people. *shudders* It's all this mechanical static noise. BLEAH! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:23:58 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Er.... I seem to be having a problem recieving messages from the list... what's going on here?!? Help!! 'Nette <^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^> "No one in the world ever gets what they want, and that is beautiful. Everyone dies frustrated inside, and that is beautiful." - TMBG *--------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost | "The next president to lead the way,/ It just frost@trenton.edu | might be yourself one day./ Then the press'll Trenton State | distort everything you say........" Animaniacs <_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_> Support Free Speech On The InterNet!!!!! egad! ------------------------------ From: Destin.Berthelot@Rollins.Edu Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:49:18 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Actual TMBG Info! Organization: Rollins College For those of you who, like me, would like to see some actual information about TMBG inbetween all the interpretations once in a while, I submit an excerpt from an article in the current Orlando Weekly lauding Flans and his Hello CD club. It basically tells us all the stuff we all already know, that "Hello is like amnesty day for established artists," (-Flans) and stuff. The important INFO I promised is in the last paragraph: The 1996 subscription starts in March and will feature EP's from Gordon Gano (Violent Femmes), Soul Coughing and the new band of ex-dB's drummer Will Rigby. In addition, John Linnel, the other half of They Might Be Giants, will unleash House Of Mayors, a themed work about mayors of New York City, and Flansburgh will issue a full-length album of his side band, Mono Puff. So there you go! That's why we're not seeing a new TMBG album in the works... *sigh*... Anyway, this should make some people happy. At least they're doing SOMETHING.... Destin http://hound.rollins.edu/personal/~dberthelot/ ------------------------------ From: Destin.Berthelot@Rollins.Edu Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:51:29 -0400 (EDT) Subject: my post Organization: Rollins College Doh! I notice that I have misspelled "Linnell"... how embarrassing. I know there's two "l"'s.... honest... Destin ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 13:02:20 -0500 (EST) From: Carson Scott Herrick Subject: Re: Get interesting, or I'm gone. I quite agree with Tom. This is my first post, and while I don't want to be hypocritcal with posting my own boring message... I joined to find out when TMBG might be touring near me, too. I'd be willing to drive quite a ways to see a show...but New York is a little much! Where can I find (or does anyone know of) a current list of tour dates. I'm specifically interested in shows in Tennessee, Georgia, or North and South Carolina. Thanks, Carson Herrick p.s. I don't care what side of the stage whoever stood on in whatever concert. ------------------------------ From: "BOBA FETT" Organization: anubis Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:11:00 EST Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 RE: Anybody wanna peanut? "Are there rocks ahead?" "If there are we'll all be DEAD" Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around. -Matthew Ondrey, So.D. MJO5733@ANUBIS.WESTMORELAND.CC.PA.US "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS, NO ONE KNOWS MY PLAN" -- TMBG, MJO ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 11:39:01 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Re: DONT BOOTLEG I don't see how this is unfair to the band. If more concert recordings were made available (like LINY) then I would buy them. However, this material isn't available anywhere except on bootlegs. I don't agree with copying stuff that is commonly available (like flood or lincoln), but recording concerts isn't going to hurt CD sales. my $2 Liam On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, ** JEN TSAO ** wrote: > DONT BOOTLEG! > > It's illegal and it's not fair to the band. > > Mercury Lounge is in Manhattan, lower west side, I believe. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:10:11 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: They in P.A. ? Tracy.... Not changing your name to John? What is this world coming to?!? :) But anyway... I hadn't yet heard about a PA show.... let me know when ya find out, ok? Luv ya, (John)'nette <^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^> "No one in the world ever gets what they want, and that is beautiful. Everyone dies frustrated inside, and that is beautiful." - TMBG *--------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost | "The next president to lead the way,/ It just frost@trenton.edu | might be yourself one day./ Then the press'll Trenton State | distort everything you say........" Animaniacs <_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_> Support Free Speech On The InterNet!!!!! egad! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:10:13 -0600 From: junkie man Subject: tmbg www page... so, tired of waiting for www.tmbg.com to finally start working? while i was looking at the source code for the page trying to figure out why that picture of the docs didn't work as a link, i had an idea that can give a sneak preview of what the new page might have to offer... if you put http://www.tmbg.com/images/ in as a location on netscape, it gives you the directory of the images that are going to be used on the page... so go ahead and look, see what is going to be there... paul ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 16:17:33 -0500 (EST) From: Paul Sebold Subject: o me oh my... were you asking for flames? > And perhaps this is why the singer moves to Cowtown, as an attempt maybe > to deny that death is coming by staying with his friends, the cows. Maybe. well, let me tell ya, I live in cowtown myself (AKA rural America) and I must say, it's almost as if you're dead. I don't think I can express how little there is to do. Sure, the cows are good natured, but who wants to put up with that many hicks and endless "you might be a redneck" jokes. "Not I" said me. > Um, I think it's "We yearn to swim for home" but whatever. > Also, this is prolly completely wrong, but I just thought I'd point out > that "what's the sense in ever thinking about the tomb, when you're much > too busy returning to the womb?" If the sea was where the first life > (supposedly) came out of, then progressed to "arboreality," then finally > shunned the trees, wouldn't a return to "beneath the waves" be a > return to the womb, hence letting him forget "the tomb," or "bone?" classically, the sea is a metaphor for eternity. Things began there (supposedly), and, if man attempts to return, things tend to end abruptly. The waves keep coming forever. In this way, I support your idea about the waves. Life on land is the present, the sea is the past and the future. Just like in Nevill Shute's "On the Beach", a novel about a nuclear end to the world: everyone came to the beach to await the oncoming radioactive cloud. It was fitting that life would begin and end there. Now, what this has to do with "cowtown" I dunno... > um, i thought England was the one on the right. I know I'm pretty far away > from it, but that's what the map on my wall says, too...National > Geographic's never wrong... :) apparently, you don't remember the great Moari-tribal photo-essay mistake of 1976. NG messed up big time. It's ok that you don't remember, because I don't either. :) > DONT BOOTLEG! > > It's illegal and it's not fair to the band. I always though PIRATING was the illegal one.... > Download the Mrs. Train pict from the TMBG ftp site. It's reely cool. oooh! where's that?!?!! > *disclaimer* > this is not intended to hurt anybody, we love you all, we like the talk > and this is all meant in good fun. So send any flames you have to Paul > Sebold :D ya, send it to Paul Sebold, that guy's a schmoe.. ya.. he he he.. uh, wait! > 10. Where exactly DOES Ana Ng live? in cowtown with me, duh! > 2. So what IS the worst TMBG song? obviously #13 > So.. be the first on your block to sport a homemade, low-grade, easily > degradable t-shirt made by Soph and Aims! * heck, I'll be the first on my block without overalls! > * (hand crafted and painted with love in Indiana!) wow, you injianans sure got a lot o love. > right! right! I meant to say right... dyslexia has it's drawbacks lisdexics untie! > Here's a concept: If a They video gets put on Beavis and Butthead, would > MTV show more of Their videos later on? Also, would it "suck", or would > They be graced by B&B's opinion of "Cool"? The converstion would go like this... Beavis: heh heh Hey Butthead, what the hell is this?!?! Butthead: I think it's like.. uh.. Talking Heads Beavis:no no there's the name... uh..The Might be Giant. Butthead:uh.. What might be giant, Beavis? Beavis:you're mother's @ss.. heh heh Butthead:uh shut up Beavis or I'll kick yer @ss. This sucks B&B just ain't cultured enough to get it. > From: TJami15126@aol.com > Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:17:13 -0500 > Subject: Get interesting, or I'm gone. > > I subscribed to this list to hear of relevent things about TMBG. All of my > posts have been about their lyrics, or their concerts, or their interests. > If TMBG isn't going to tour on the West coast, or give a fricking fly about > their fans out here, I have no reason to continue to tolerate this mindless > clogging of my mailbox. > Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't supported them, or like I am a > mindless loon, it's just that I don't like having 20 notes about what shirts > they wear, or whether or not Flans takes the right or the left of the stage. > > If the notes don't improve, I am going to leave this sub. > > Tim in CA WHO CARES!?!?! You're asking for a flame, bucko. Why don't you contribute something, Mr. Entertain-Me-Now!>! geez.. some people. -seems I'm not alone in being alone... (police, they're neat!) SOn of gOD (paul) ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden - S" Subject: Subliminal Date: Fri, 16 Feb 96 07:37:00 P I played the ending of subliminal backwards on my compputer, and it sounds the same as the part right before it. They just ran that part backwards to make it sound wierd!! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 11:09:48 +1300 (NZDT) From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Sticky Filth) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 okay I couldnt resist here is the definitive geaography of the Mother Countries (huh!) as done from the other side of the world. The main island where England, Scotland and Wales all sit is as far as I know called Britian. Great britain is an obsolete term and is to do with days of empire, because now its plain Britain, or the United Kingdom. Ireland is and isnt part of the UK, The south is the republic of Ireland and not part of Britain and hasnt been since 191something, I think, not sure. The northern provinces are part of the UK, but that isnt a sure thing, because we all know the IRA horrorr stories. (Ulster. They're called Ulster.) ** ** *** ** *** ***** if your email program doesnt stuff ir up, this is how it should look. Therfore, Ireland is the one on the left. --Mike === Vote Anarchy! Michael Carr ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: tmbg www page... Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 18:31:48 -0500 (EST) > so, tired of waiting for www.tmbg.com to finally start working? while i was > looking at the source code for the page trying to figure out why that > picture of the docs didn't work as a link, i had an idea that can give a > sneak preview of what the new page might have to offer... if you put > http://www.tmbg.com/images/ in as a location on netscape, it gives you the > directory of the images that are going to be used on the page... so go > ahead and look, see what is going to be there... Actually, those may or may not end up there. Just to explain a bit, the tmbg.com site started out in one direction, but the Giant's didn't like it...so some time passed while the decided what exactly they wanted. They have now decided, and once again work is being done to put up the site...look for it soon. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Jonathon Cook Subject: CDA Protest (fwd) Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 19:03:41 -0500 (EST) if you just don't like what the government passed(that bill) then send this to them at the time it says Mule Forwarded message: > From jmericks@mtu.edu Mon Feb 12 17:12:24 1996 > From: "Jonathan M. Erickson" > Message-Id: <199602122212.RAA23656@colossus.csl.mtu.edu> > Subject: CDA Protest > To: jdcook@mtu.edu > Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 17:12:21 -0500 (EST) > X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24] > Content-Type: text > Content-Length: 1585 > > Here it is, send it to everyone you know.. > > > The Communications Decency Act is unconstitutional, we all know that, > but many people in our dear government don't seem to. So to guide them along, > I propose that all the people of the United States of America send an E-mail > protest to president@whitehouse.gov, at the same time. What better day then > President's Day? So on February 19, 1996, at 7:25 pm EST, please send a copy > of the following to president@whitehouse.gov, and any other government > organizations that you can think of. Also, please circulate this message > around. Tell all your friends, post it around newsgroups, pass it on to > your neighbors. If we don't do anything, what will be next? > > This involves all of us. > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > We the people, of the United States of America, find the > Communications Decency Act, to be unconstitutional and indecent in all ways. > > The Bill of Rights, clearly prohibits government-established religion, > such as forcing one's morals, ethics and ideals on another, let alone a entire > nation. In addition, freedom of worship, speech, and the press is guaranteed > to us by the same bill. The use of the internet can be included in all > three categories. > > We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created > equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, > that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. > > We the people, have fought this same war in the past. > > There is no need to repeat it. > > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 00:05:25 +0000 (GMT) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-47 On Sat, 17 Feb 1996, Sticky Filth wrote: > The main island where England, Scotland and Wales all sit is as far as I > know called Britian. Great britain is an obsolete term and is to do with > days of empire, because now its plain Britain, or the United Kingdom. Close. Great Britain, Britain and the UK are all the same thing. They are made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The rest of Ireland is a separate country known as Eire or the Republic of Ireland. > > Ireland is and isnt part of the UK, The south is the republic of Ireland and > not part of Britain and hasnt been since 191something, I think, not sure. > The northern provinces are part of the UK, but that isnt a sure thing, > because we all know the IRA horrorr stories. > (Ulster. They're called Ulster.) > ** > ** *** > ** *** > ***** > > if your email program doesnt stuff ir up, this is how it should look. > > Therfore, Ireland is the one on the left. > > --Mike > === > Vote Anarchy! > Michael Carr > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 19:46:43 -0500 (EST) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-44 On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, The Girl From Venus wrote: > At 03:05 AM 2/13/96 -0500, you wrote: > > > > > >I was at Blockbuster Video last month and looked > >in their catalog. The TMBG video collection was listed > >for $12 or $13 as a standard video that could be > >ordered. I plan to get to soon. > > > I ordered a tmbg video compilation at Suncoast video around the first week > of January as a belated christmas gift for a friend. Now it's a REALLY > belated gift, because it still hasn't come in. I don't know if it's just a > problem with Suncoast, or if the video isn't available anywhere right now. > You can try it though. > gfv > > I've attempted to order the TMBG video from Suncoast in the past, and have been told it would be impossible to get. (I eventually found it at a little shop in Greenwich Village. -As for the Blockbuster guy, don't EVER buy ANYTHING from the Blockbuster Corporation. It only puts money into greedy pockets. (Believe me, I know, I'm an Assistant Manager at the one in Carmel.) In fact, let me just say this right now to anyone who's listening: BLOCKBUSTER SUCKS!! -Slacker Ng. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 19:48:41 -0500 (EST) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: Re: Anybody wanna peanut? i mean t-shirt...... On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: > > And, before I go, if anyone has a really creative idea that I > >could do for my seminar in English on They, feel free to tell me! > >(Keep in mind this is high school here) I basically just have to > >entertain the class, and make a point that Their music isn't just > >fluff. Any song / video suggestions? > You know, ya just can't go wrong with James K. Polk. -Slacker Ng. ------------------------------ From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 20:01:16 E Subject: hmmmm... You know, after reading all this back and forth about "I declare that I am England" as opposed to the UK or Britain or any island you prefer (I'm into Guam myself but I declare that I am Guam doesn't sound too great) I found myself in a state of philosophical unrest after listening to John Henry today. I have come to the conclusion that I don't give a flying rat's patootie and it's a good song no matter how incorrect They are. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for just one song that I can play for my anti-TMBG roommate to convince her that They are not crazy? I even tried playing James K. Polk when she was learning about the guy in history class and she said "ha ha that's funny...they're weird." Well yes, but no so weird that I have to turn off my music when she's in the room. I'm not listening to Satanic chanting for goodness sakes. I'm lookin for a mainstreamy kind of song...all my favorites are a little off-the-wall. Thanks. Declaring proudly that she is Guam, Trace ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: NYC ticketmaster+TMBG concerts in March Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 20:16:48 -0500 (EST) > I got the number for Ticketmaster in NYC, and they didn't have any info for > the concerts at the Mercury Lounge. I wonder if you have to get the > tickets at the door or at the place ahead of time.... > > Ana Ng > > P.S. If anyone wants the NYC Ticketmaster number, just let me know. > Although if you call watch out for their phone line music inbetween people. > *shudders* It's all this mechanical static noise. BLEAH! Does anyone live in or near NYC that is going to get tickets? I'm interested in going as long as I get back from my from my Appalachian Trail trip in time. On ly thing is I'd need some one to go to the Mercury Lounge to pick me up some tickets, anyone buehler? anyone? Signing off, Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: come on, gang!! Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 20:22:24 -0500 (EST) > > can i get one last HAMMER DOWN!! for me before i leave?? come on gang!! let > me hear those beautiful words!!!!!!! > > i'll be back some day.. don't forget to feed the dogs.. write me when you > can [mrme@usa.pipeline.com] and for pete's sake, don't bring up the ana ng > thing again!!!!!!!!! > > caio!!!! Hammer down and rabbit ears! Where ya going? Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 20:43:47 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: hmmmm... > Also, does anyone have any suggestions for just one song that I can play > for my anti-TMBG roommate to convince her that They are not crazy? I I would suggest Snail Shell. That seems to be the song all my non-TMBG listening friends find a shine to. Actually, anything from John Henry seems to calm them down, and eliminate the shouts of "What the hell are we listening to?" and "Can we put on something normal?" I gotta get some new friends! Alex ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 21:07:26 -0500 Subject: Re: hmmmm... Play Ana Ng, Istanbul or Bird House in Your Soul... or you could go for one of the slow, normal sounding ones like Road Movie to Berlin Ich bin ein Berliner-I am a jelly doughnut ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 22:04:36 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: hmmmm... A good "starter set" is, pretty much....... Don't Lets Start Istanbul Particle Man Snail Shell The Guitar Theses songs got me hooked!! :) Good luck, hon! Luv, 'Nette <^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^> "No one in the world ever gets what they want, and that is beautiful. Everyone dies frustrated inside, and that is beautiful." - TMBG *--------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost | "The next president to lead the way,/ It just frost@trenton.edu | might be yourself one day./ Then the press'll Trenton State | distort everything you say........" Animaniacs <_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_> Support Free Speech On The InterNet!!!!! egad! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 22:17:01 -0800 From: anakin@smartlink.net (Nick Hatton) Subject: small and large gripes I'm 16, and I think it's pretty annoying when They play 18+ or 21+ shows. "Cause then I can't get in. Why would They do 18+ or 21+ shows? I've got all 6 albums and If I'm right They only swear 2 or 3 times, what's wrong with that? Of course, since I live on the west coast near LA I'll never actually be near any place that They're playing at so there probably isn't much of a point to this. Also, is the newsletter worth the frustration and anxiety that it causes in the people that try to get it? I've heard plenty of horror stories on list about it, is it really that bad? One more thing, is the info club number still 914-359-0867 ------------------------------ From: postmaster@student2.uwsp.edu Date: Sat, 17 Feb 96 01:55 CST >From postmaster Sat Feb 17 01:55:18 1996 Subject: smtp mail failed Content-Type: text Content-Length: 1932 Your mail to student2.uwsp.edu!lmelv354 is undeliverable. ---------- diagnosis ---------- ---------- unsent mail ---------- From tmbg-digest Thu Feb 15 03:05:06 0500 1996 remote from tmbg.org Received: (majordom@localhost) by mail.tmbg.org (8.7.1/8.7.ufp) id DAA03101; Thu, 15 Feb 1996 03:05:06 -0500 (EST) Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 03:05:06 -0500 (EST) From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Message-Id: <199602150805.DAA03101@mail.tmbg.org> Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-46 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 46 Thursday, 15 February 1996 Today's Topics: A question for East Coast people......... Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-45 Re: South Carolina lyrics Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-45 Strange! TMBG on the Radio: Mercer County, NJ and Bucks County, PA RE: tmbg-list Digest #2-45 Re: Strange! TMBG in NYC Re: greetings all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Re: interps... particle man Resingnation concerts... chess piece face, VOTING Re: TMBG in NYC concerts again... Re: TMBG Project Sorry Re: Sorry Voting, .com, Trains, Partridges concerts again... Re: Sorry Dates Stripes! Re: www.tmbg.com Skasta-roni Re: Stripes! Re: Stripes! Re: South Carolina lyrics (none) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-48 *****************************