Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-53 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 53 Thursday, 22 February 1996 Today's Topics: Re: Transitions Ahhh, But... Re: Transitions Superfueled Freaksickle I was dreaming.......... Re: Transitions TMBG radio update and other random stuff Re: Ahhh, But... tmbg pics Hello t-shirt Re: lyrics Re: chess piece face:complaint? Re: Superfueled Freaksickle Stuff.... Re: tmbg pics Mercury Lounge Re: lyrics? What's the deal with the albums? Re: tmbg pics Re: lyrics? back in business!\ Re: Stuff.... Mississippi Nights-- need tickets Re: tmbg pics Re: What's the deal with the albums? Re: Upcoming... Re: Stuff.... big hand little hand Ahhh, But... Re: tmbg pics Re: TMBG Project Re: tmbg pics running naked or something Re: running naked or something Re: What's the deal with the albums? mercury shows Oklahoma Re: running naked or something Re: running naked or something Re: Oklahoma home page running naked or something Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 06:36:29 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Transitions >Ack .. Freaksicle? Would someone please fill me in on this.. first I hear >that it is coming out .. then it isn't.. then again maybe it is.. then >isn't.. and now this post seems to point to it actually coming out again.. >SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN PHRICKIN PHREAKSICLE!!!.. As far as we know, Superfueled Freaksickle is coming out. We just don't know when. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 06:49:29 -0500 From: noise@nando.net (The Man Who Sweeps The Room) Subject: Ahhh, But... Yes, there's a site somewhere which I stumbled upon with all the missing lyrics. It is definately "Big hand's on 120, little hand's on 'E'". I think NyQuil (It's a 'y', not an 'i'. As Denis Leary put it, "capitol n, little y, BIG FUCKING Q.") might have complained because the song implies that NyQuil inhibits yr driving, which I'm sure they were just blissful about. (Sense the sarcasm.) Sorry about the Lincoln thing. I have it on tape and the end of C&E flows much better into WYEDG than the end of PT does. Sorry if you have no idea what I'm talking about. I bought the album DGC Rarities (which I still listen to. There's some good shit on there!) for the Weezer song Jamie. Since Weezer only had one album out, and I love them, I bought the album. I decided to draw the line there because buying either the Angus or Mallrats soundtracks would make me have to listen to Bush or Greenday. I'll pass. Freaksicle, as I've been told, is the second B-Side collection. I'm assuming it will have all the cool new things on it and all the B-Sides that are post-Lincoln. Like I said, I refuse to buy the Power Rangers soundtrack just for SenSurround. ============================================================================ "They say love is blind; |||| VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE THEY MIGHT BE I don't think y'r blind..." |||| GIANTS SONG AT: riserboy@aol.com ==>TMBG, Narrow Yr Eyes |||| KAH is BIN and NOIXE IS FOREVER ============================================================================ Andy "the anger" Friedman.... |||| You too can visit NoixePage, with the noise@nando.net |||| really long address: riserboy@aol.com |||| http://pc202a322.med.unc.edu/wsdocs/ nquote@aol.com |||| noixe/noixep.htm =========================================================================== = ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: Transitions Date: Wed, 21 Feb 96 8:51:55 18000 > > > >Spiraling Shape is the new song. It had better be on Freaksicle, as with > >SenSurround. > > Ack .. Freaksicle? Would someone please fill me in on this.. first I hear > that it is coming out .. then it isn't.. then again maybe it is.. then > isn't.. and now this post seems to point to it actually coming out again.. > SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN PHRICKIN PHREAKSICLE!!!.. > Signed, > Slightly confused in Worcester.. (A.K.A. Wilbz) > __________________________________________________ > |Will nunn| WPI| Chem. Eng.| Comp. Sci.| > |_________|_______|_______________|_______________| > |"When this grey world crumbles like a cake/ | > |I'll be hanging from the hope/ | > |That I'll never see that recipe again" | > | -TMBG, It's Not My Birthday | > |_________________________________________________| > |www PAGE: http://www.wpi.edu/~tanis/tmbg.html | > |ftp site chesspieceface.res.wpi.edu/pub/tmbg/ | > |_________________________________________________| > > Sorry to bring this up, but..... I'm getting awfully annoyed at the ph's in words. Misspelling in general on purpose just bugs me, because it shows people that look up to those things that it's the correct way, then they grow up STUPID. I'm basically talking about rap and stoners (To relate to another message) when they spell things like Phat and Phunk and down wit da boyz -- ------------------------------ From: Kevin Eirich Subject: Superfueled Freaksickle Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 09:30:58 -0500 (EST) Hey all, i think i might have some bad news for you all. i was priveleged enough to have a friend of a friend who works for the radio station at RIT when They came to play, so i got to see Flans give an interview to two of the DJ's at the station (WITR i think--anyway it's 89.7 FM in Rochester). While i am waiting for my copy of the interview to come in the mail, i remember that Flans said that Elektra cancelled the Superfueled Freaksickle project completely! However, he also said that he had his own CD coming out from Elektra. Please forgive my lack of memory, but it was called John Flansburgh's ________ ________ (i forget the other two words). He said it was probably coming out sometime this year =) However, i'm pretty sure that Superfueled was cancelled. Who knows, maybe Elektra will get their s**t together and put Their terrific B-sides on a CD somewhere down the line. Waiving my broomstick arms and doing a parody of each unconscious thing you do, Kevin Kevin Eirich--"The True Goddaddy" "As long as it doesn't cost me any ke001d@uhura.cc.rochester.edu money or any work, then think all davros@roundtable.cif.rochester.edu you want." -Frances A. Eirich http://www.cif.rochester.edu/users/davros/home.html ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 10:10:31 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Subject: I was dreaming.......... Last night I had the most coolest dream. (Hopefully prophetic!) I dreamed that I received (finally!) the TMBG newsletter along with a complimentary T-shirt and new release from Them. Alas, I awoke and everything still really sucks. Especially since the news that Superfueled has been canned. :( grd ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 11:44:43 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: Transitions > Sorry to bring this up, but..... I'm getting awfully annoyed at the > ph's in words. Misspelling in general on purpose just bugs me, > because it shows people that look up to those things that it's the > correct way, then they grow up STUPID. I'm basically talking about > rap and stoners (To relate to another message) when they spell things > like Phat and Phunk and down wit da boyz Like "phone" and "Philharmonic"? ;) (just kidding) However, I do agree with you on the high stupidity quotent of those misspelled band names - I also think it's ridiculous when they use numbers instead of words, and when brand names are deliberately misspelled. It isn't cute. It isn't catchy. It sucks. Sorry to spam for so long...... let's give this some They content...... I'M GOING TO MAR 21 IN NYC!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Who else will be there? I'm running a spellchecker from now on, 'Nette ************************************************************ "I wish I had gotten to know her/ before I fell in love" *******************They*Might*Be*Giants,*"Out of Jail"****** Jeanette Frost * frost@trenton.edu * Trenton State College ************************************************************ "Gee, Brain, this is better than a DuckTales episode!" ******************************Pinky,*"Opportunity*Knox"***** ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:01:22 -0500 (EST) From: Craig Whyte Subject: TMBG radio update and other random stuff Hi from very rainy Trenton. I played "Hey Mr. DJ..." today and plan on playing "They Might Be Giants" next week. Soon I will have the opportunity to play the WDTSS EP and the "Power of Dial-a-Song" (i think) tape (Thanks 'Nette!) but I would like to listen to it first, because I have never heard these songs (except for WDTSS) before. Also a note to Brother John Blackhawk: (ahem) "BIRDHOUSE IN YOUR SOUL" WILL BE PLAYED BEFORE THE END OF THE SEMESTER! MY LAST SHOW THIS SEMESTER IS ON 5/8! thank you. Later, Craig (waiting for another show in Asbury Park, Red Bank or Seaside Heights) P.S. The concert in Oklahoma would be very cool, but I think no one would want to see me roam around naked (yikes!) *------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Trenton State College Teachers Go On Strike In 8 Days It did not rain in Trenton, NJ from 9pm-midnight this past Monday (2/19/96) This weeks news death toll: 14 Total thru 2/19/96: 39 "Memo to myself: Do the dumb things I gotta do- touch the puppet head" TMBG- "Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head" *------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:03:18 -0500 (EST) From: John Henry Subject: Re: Ahhh, But... On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, The Man Who Sweeps The Room wrote: > Yes, there's a site somewhere which I stumbled upon with all the missing > lyrics. It is definately "Big hand's on 120, little hand's on 'E'". I think > NyQuil (It's a 'y', not an 'i'. As Denis Leary put it, "capitol n, little > y, BIG FUCKING Q.") I love that fucking Q, don't you? > I bought the album DGC Rarities (which I still listen to. There's some > good shit on there!) for the Weezer song Jamie. Since Weezer only had one > album out, and I love them, I bought the album. If you don't have this album yet, get off your asses, and get it! The weezer song is GREAT, but it's not even the best on on the CD. > > Freaksicle, as I've been told, is the second B-Side collection. I'm > assuming it will have all the cool new things on it and all the B-Sides > that are post-Lincoln. Like I said, I refuse to buy the Power Rangers > soundtrack just for SenSurround. Not to spotlight my lack of news, but what exactly is Freaksicle?I just got onto the newsgroup a few days ago, so I don't know yet. Brendan Brendan Sullivan, Palindrome, Navillus Nadnerb bs069875@sjuphil.sju.edu 1-610-660-2464 "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals, Declaring us the nicest of the damned." -'Road Movie to Berlin' They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:53:20 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: tmbg pics Does anyone know of a site on the net that has a collection of TMBG picture that I can download?? There used to be a good on the official TMBG page, but as we all know, it's gone. Thanks. Alex ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 13:14:07 -0600 From: vdanklef@facstaff.wisc.edu (Vicki Sullivan Danklefsen) Subject: Hello t-shirt Idiotnot wrote: <> There is just the one Hello t-shirt, not a different one for each year. Vix -------------------- Editor CHS Public Affairs UW-Madison ------------------------------ From: BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:34:47 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: lyrics I ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS "BIG HAND ON 120 {MPH}/ LITTLE HAND'S ON E {EMPTY} ". AS FOR THE QUESTION OF "TOYS 'R' US", I BELIEVE THAT EITHER T. R. US GAVE THEM PERMISSION TO GET FREE ADVERTISING, AS RATHER THEN A PRODUCT IT'S A STORE, OR THEY DON'T REALLY CARE. OF COARSE, I BELIEVE YOU CAN USE A COMPANIES NAME WITHOUT PERMISSION, JUST NOT PRODUCTS: IE- VICKS COMPANY MAKES NY-QUIL, SO TMBG COULD HAVE SUNG ABOUT VICKS, JUST NOT NY-QUIL. TOYS 'R' US, HOWEVER, IS NOT MADE FOR SALE, IT JUST DISTRIBUTES ITEMS. THEREFORE, I BELIEVE THAT IT IS NOT BREAKING ANY COPYRIGHT LAWS TO PRINT TOYS 'R' US, UNLESS THEY WERE USING THE EXACT LOGO. BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK ------------------------------ From: BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:38:55 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: chess piece face:complaint? THE ALICE IN "WHY MUST I BE SAD" IS ALICE COOPER. THE PART WHERE THEY SING "WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE/ DEAD BABIES/ RAPED AND FREEZIN... BILLION DOLLOR BABIES" IS JUST A BUNCH OF TITLES FOR COOPER SONGS. THERE ARE OTHER TITLES IN THE SONG AS WELL: "NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY; I LOVE THE DEAD" AND I BELIEVE "WHY MUST I BE SAD" IS ITSELF A COOPER TITLE. BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK ------------------------------ From: BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:43:41 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Superfueled Freaksickle ARE YOU PERHAPS THINKING OF "JOHN FLANSBURGHS MONO PUFF"? BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:45:49 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Stuff.... Just a few unrelated items..... 1. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the mass-funded concert, but...... if we do it, will someone drive there with me? (I hate cross-country alone). 2. This is silly, but worthy of note: I was hanging with my friend Pat last night, and we decided to check out all the music trivia sites on the WWW. One of them was called "Name That Eighties Band" or something..... and choice five, there in black and white, large(r) than life and twice as realistic, was a big honkin' photo of John and John. :) I was so happy to see them..... but They aren't exactly an eighties band, considering that the albums keep coming and get better all the time. Ok, just wanted to share. Luv and peace, 'Nette ************************************************************ "I wish I had gotten to know her/ before I fell in love" *******************They*Might*Be*Giants,*"Out of Jail"****** Jeanette Frost * frost@trenton.edu * Trenton State College ************************************************************ "Gee, Brain, this is better than a DuckTales episode!" ******************************Pinky,*"Opportunity*Knox"***** ------------------------------ From: BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:47:17 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: tmbg pics GO TO THE ELEKTRA TMBG SITE. THEY HAVE LINKS TO SITES WITH LINKS TO ARCHIVES OF PICTURES. IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOME NET SEARCH ABILITY LIKE IN NETSCAPE OR WEBCRAWLER IN AOL THEN I WILL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS AT EARLIEST CONVEINIENCE. :> BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK ------------------------------ From: tapatenaude@acad.ursinus.edu Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:49:07 EST Subject: Mercury Lounge So, are the tix for the Mercury Lounge available through NY ticketmaster??? Or do we have to get them at the Lounge?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! -Tara ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:43:29 -0500 From: Tom Sullivan Subject: Re: lyrics? At , you wrote: >The story that I heard was that Nyquil somehow actively complained about the >printing of the lyrics to the song.. whereas apparently Toys 'R Us didn't >seem to care. I don't understand however, why Nyquil could have any kind of >a problem with it.. it would almost seem the perfect way to put in >subliminal messages to purchase their product.. anyways I think I'll stop >rambling now.. It may seem to be a great subliminal advertisment, but if you really look at it. Or, at least the way I look at it, the term "Nyquil Driver" is used negativly. So, I can see why they would be upset. But it's still pretty petty. --- Tom Sullivan / Jonas Head Editor edi@cybercomm.net http://www.cybercomm.net/~edi/homepage.html --- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:11:09 -0600 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: What's the deal with the albums? Everyone, this is the info I've gotten from various sources. 1)Freaksicle is dead :( 2)Flans' band Monopuff is coming out with a full-length album this year, which Hello CD members get. The MonoPuff EP from last year was awesome. 3)The Johns are going in to the studio this Spring, for a new album to be released in the fall. 4)(Not sure on this one) Linnell is coming out with a collection of songs about the presidents. Mike -- Mike Schaefer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (217) 337-1923 (Free when you call from work) http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages...a more complete collection to follow. :) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 15:49:30 -0500 From: Willy Nunn Subject: Re: tmbg pics At 12:53 PM 2/21/96 -0500, you wrote: >Does anyone know of a site on the net that has a collection of TMBG >picture that I can download?? There used to be a good on the official >TMBG page, but as we all know, it's gone. Thanks. > > Alex I don't mean to plug but My FTP site has a selection of images, and a bunch of other things. Speaking of which.. I would like to expand it right now so if any of you could upload to it any images or any other interesting They stuff that you have I'll put it on the FTP site.. or maybe even on to the web page.. The site is chesspieceface.res.wpi.edu/tmbg/ (my sysadmin's freaked when they saw my domain name). Wilbz __________________________________________________ |Will nunn| WPI| Chem. Eng.| Comp. Sci.| |_________|_______|_______________|_______________| |"When this grey world crumbles like a cake/ | |I'll be hanging from the hope/ | |That I'll never see that recipe again" | | -TMBG, It's Not My Birthday | |_________________________________________________| |www PAGE: http://www.wpi.edu/~tanis/tmbg.html | |ftp site chesspieceface.res.wpi.edu/pub/tmbg/ | |_________________________________________________| ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 16:00:15 -0500 Subject: Re: lyrics? In a message dated 96-02-21 02:52:23 EST, you write: >> By the way, if They didn't print the >>words to "AKA driver" because Nyquil is a product name, why did were They >>able to print "Toys (backwards R) Us" in "Toddler Hiway"? > >The story that I heard was that Nyquil somehow actively complained about the >printing of the lyrics to the song.. whereas apparently Toys 'R Us didn't >seem to care. I don't understand however, why Nyquil could have any kind of >a problem with it.. it would almost seem the perfect way to put in >subliminal messages to purchase their product.. I think that, where Nyquil is a product, Toys 'R' Us is a store and not exactly something you can buy, I'm not exactly sure that this makes a difference, it might have something to do with being on a major label where they'd get noticed, so nobody tell Toys 'R' Us about Toddler Highway, Okay? me who would not like to see the johns sued ------------------------------ From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 16:09:45 E Subject: back in business!\ hello all, My email account is back in shape..I bet you missed my messages. I have a lot of stuff I just wanted to comment on, but they mostly got answered by now (stuff like it's "little hand's on E"). My question for the day, which was fueled by a comment I real (read I mean) from someone on here (sorry I don't remember who you were) was this: how many of you first experienced TMBG on the music video episode of Tiny Toons? Don't be embarassed now! That was the first time I actually heard Them, but I had been hearing about Them from my color guard captain for some time before that. So it really was my first exposure to Them. I've been a fan for about 5 years... ah how the years go by..I remember receiving a postcard in the mail about the new album "Apollo 18" :) I regret not getting into TMBG years before that... Um I'm trying to see what's going on about etown...Bryan if you could get tickets from Cathy it would be cool, but I'm still not sure if I could go or not...I haven't exactly looked at ye olde calender but I'm just in this blind tmbg-concert frenzy...all these years and I've never been to one! the horror, I know. In response to the random comments about ph-words...they make me physically :) ill (I'm talking stuff like yo yo that's phat, not stuff like I called my friend on the phone (fone?)) I strongly believe that the Johns are not stoners, so Lawrence can kiss my lily-white butt. You go with the drug-free-ness! Now that I've had my say on most issues (I have no idea about anything related to the Freaksickle rumor, just the fact that it's a vague rumor that's been floating about) but I guess it's about as true as that rumor about Pamela Anderson's sex change :) Oh come on, you all read the tabloids...footprints in your hair...somebody stop me. A thing there that can be found: Tracy ------------------------------ From: Llamagrrl@aol.com Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 17:05:15 -0500 Subject: Re: Stuff.... hey, do you remeber the address of that place where you found that TMBG stuff? just curious. Llama grrl ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 16:33:03 -0600 From: Mitch Fishman Organization: MO.NET Subject: Mississippi Nights-- need tickets well, St. Louis did it again... sold out a TMBG show in a day & a half. and I didn't get to get tickets!!! AGHGGHGG so PLEASE if you have ANY HEART (or information on getting them) peeeez send me some info, or sell me a ticket or more if you can get some! c'mon, do you REALLY need a ticket for your b'ankey? I know you're holding out on me. I love you. -fitch -- Mitch Fishman mitchf@mo.net srpescado@aol.com (314)434-9496 (314)434-1799 773 Gascogne Dr. Creve Coeur, MO 63141 http://walden.mo.net/~mitchf -- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 17:50:22 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: tmbg pics >GO TO THE ELEKTRA TMBG SITE. THEY HAVE LINKS TO SITES WITH LINKS TO >ARCHIVES OF PICTURES. IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOME NET SEARCH ABILITY LIKE IN >NETSCAPE OR WEBCRAWLER IN AOL THEN I WILL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS AT EARLIEST >CONVEINIENCE. :> Currently, www.tmbg.com links to the Elektra site. An easy URL to remember! http://www.tmbg.com/ I hope to have a links page on tmbg.org set up soon... when I get around to it... BTW, I sent a note to the Elektra sysadmin about the many broken URL's on the Giants page. Hopefully, he will add my fixes soon. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 19:25:44 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: What's the deal with the albums? On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Mike Schaefer wrote: > Everyone, this is the info I've gotten from various sources. > 1)Freaksicle is dead :( > 3)The Johns are going in to the studio this Spring, for a new album > to be released in the fall. Where are these 'various sources' everyone is getting info from??? Are they on the internet, through the mail, what? If there's anywhere I can get more info than the mailing list and the info club, I would really like to know about them. Thanks. - Ryan Staib *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 97starya@james.hawken.edu gn487@cleveland.freenet.edu Yay. ------------------------------ From: SBSquid@aol.com Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 20:01:38 -0500 Subject: Re: Upcoming... Does anyone have more info about the Northampton, MA show? Sounds almost moderately close to me. -St. Brendan the Mad ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 20:11:21 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: Stuff.... On Wed, 21 Feb 1996 Llamagrrl@aol.com wrote: > hey, do you remeber the address of that place where you found that TMBG > stuff? > just curious. > Llama grrl > Ok, I was stupid. Beat me! It was 3 am, and I was just watching my friend as he jumped from page to page, not noting any addresses. I'm sorry! However, I do remember the name of the page - "Who Can It Be, Now?" Good luck! 'Nette ************************************************************ "I wish I had gotten to know her/ before I fell in love" *******************They*Might*Be*Giants,*"Out of Jail"****** Jeanette Frost * frost@trenton.edu * Trenton State College ************************************************************ "Gee, Brain, this is better than a DuckTales episode!" ******************************Pinky,*"Opportunity*Knox"***** ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: big hand little hand Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 20:32:19 -0500 (EST) It be big hand's on 120 little hands on E as in empty gas tank. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Ahhh, But... Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 20:44:16 -0500 (EST) > I bought the album DGC Rarities (which I still listen to. There's some > good shit on there!) for the Weezer song Jamie. Since Weezer only had one > album out, and I love them, I bought the album. I decided to draw the line > there because buying either the Angus or Mallrats soundtracks would make me > have to listen to Bush or Greenday. I'll pass. I agree wholeheartedly, Jamie by Weezer is their best song ever and I don't think it'll ever be topped and if it is it'l be a godsend. That song is just incredible. I agree on Bush and Greenday and all those other bands taht suck. > > Freaksicle, as I've been told, is the second B-Side collection. I'm > assuming it will have all the cool new things on it and all the B-Sides > that are post-Lincoln. Like I said, I refuse to buy the Power Rangers > soundtrack just for SenSurround This is probably true, and hopefully it might have this new Spiralling Shape song which I have yet to hear! If I make that Elizabethtown show hopefully they will play it. There's a strange feeling I'll get when this comp. does come out. I'll be glad to see a new CD from them with all of the cool songs from the singles but it seems when compliations come out all of the b-sides so dear to me and that many people don't have will be widely available. Now you're thinking, "What a stingy bastard, everyone should be able to hear the songs, it's very hard to get some of the singles." I understand that and still would like the comp. to come out for all to have but there's just that weird feeling I get as expressed already, know what I mean? Oh well I'm still missing the Statue Got Me High CD single so I'll be able to hear those (course I got em on tape), and I'll hear SS maybe. Matt > ============================================================================ > "They say love is blind; |||| VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE THEY MIGHT BE > I don't think y'r blind..." |||| GIANTS SONG AT: riserboy@aol.com > ==>TMBG, Narrow Yr Eyes |||| KAH is BIN and NOIXE IS FOREVER > ============================================================================ > Andy "the anger" Friedman.... |||| You too can visit NoixePage, with the > noise@nando.net |||| really long address: > riserboy@aol.com |||| http://pc202a322.med.unc.edu/wsdocs/ > nquote@aol.com |||| noixe/noixep.htm > =========================================================================== > = > > -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: tmbg pics Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 20:55:21 -0500 (EST) > GO TO THE ELEKTRA TMBG SITE. THEY HAVE LINKS TO SITES WITH LINKS TO > ARCHIVES OF PICTURES. IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOME NET SEARCH ABILITY LIKE IN > NETSCAPE OR WEBCRAWLER IN AOL THEN I WILL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS AT EARLIEST > > CONVEINIENCE. :> > BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK Is your cap-locks key stuck? Can you please used mixed-sized letters, it does get rather annoying, ya know? Oh and if your cap-locks key is stuck, switch to a freakin' different computer!!!!!! Thank you. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 21:42:20 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: TMBG Project On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Greg Benson wrote: > >>It'll never, ever work. Don't believe me? Try it. I laugh at your face. > > > >Hey, it's not nice to make fun of peoples ideas. > > > I wasn't making fun of the idea--merely discounting it. > I was, however, making fun of his face. Well, I DO have a funny looking face.... lebo ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 21:32:04 -0500 Subject: Re: tmbg pics >Currently, www.tmbg.com links to the Elektra site. An easy URL to remember! > > http://www.tmbg.com/ > >I hope to have a links page on tmbg.org set up soon... when I get around to >it... > >BTW, I sent a note to the Elektra sysadmin about the many broken URL's on >the Giants page. Hopefully, he will add my fixes soon. > Actually, the best TMBG links page I can find is at Mr. Me's Homepage, I'm not sure on the URL on that, but you can get to it throught the link on my homepage at http://members.aol.com/ruprecht76/wacky.htm this particular links page has something like 20 or so links, which is the most I've seen anywhere... me who practices shameless self promotion on a daily basis ------------------------------ From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 21:46:42 E Subject: running naked or something I believe there was discussion about a mass mailing list funded They concert in a field in (oklahoma?) somewhere, and this entailed running about in the nude, letting it all hang out for John and John to see. Tracy's Top Ten Reasons Why That is Very Scary: 10. Finding out RuPaul is a big They fan...ahem 9. Wheat up your butt 8. Trumpet players laugh so hard they mess up "No One Knows My Plan" 7. Can't wear funky TMBG tshirts that never came from newsletter order 6. Jeanette is too ashamed of her I Love the New Kids tattoo 5. A little drafty when the "wind comes right behind the ra-ain" 4. Strange TMBG roadies might decide to join in *shiver* 3. Too distracted by flesh to listen to the Johns 2. Show up naked and find out it's all a big joke on Candid Camera ok and since you all are so darn creative, I challenge you to comme (or come if you prefer) up with the best #1 reason to complete my list (start flipping thru your dave books, Jeanette)...aren't I a pain in the butt? (this is also so I don't just make up something stupid for #1 and then have everyone complain that it was anti-climactic) Ciao babies... Trace ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 23:05:27 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: running naked or something Now, the number one reason that the naked concert in OK is scary..... 1. That guy from Blues Traveller may show up OkILoveYouByeBye!!! 'Nette (aka Jeanette) (aka Frosty) ************************************************************ "I wish I had gotten to know her/ before I fell in love" *******************They*Might*Be*Giants,*"Out of Jail"****** Jeanette Frost * frost@trenton.edu * Trenton State College ************************************************************ "Gee, Brain, this is better than a DuckTales episode!" ******************************Pinky,*"Opportunity*Knox"***** ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 22:14:14 -0600 From: Paul Leonard Subject: Re: What's the deal with the albums? >4)(Not sure on this one) Linnell is coming out with a collection of >songs about the presidents. I heard it was about governors of NY, not presidents, but that might be another idea for him. Hmmm...... paul ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Feb 96 00:07:01 EST From: jenns@voicenet.com (* jenn *) Subject: mercury shows i am sorry to bother all of you, but a friend just told me he might be interested in going and i deleted all messages concerning them (since i plan to be at the elizabethtown one)... if someone could please send me the information on those shows... thanks in advance, jenn, a girl with a crown and a scepter _______________________________________________________________________ jenn 'sunny' schival "When I was young, all I wanted was to be ruler of the universe. Now that isn't enough." -- Alex P. Keaton ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 23:11:54 -0600 (CST) From: Raoul the conqueror Subject: Oklahoma Allright, how about a title for our hypothetical concert in the heartland: GIANT OKLAHOMA FLESH FEST 96 catchy, aint it? Does anyone have the necessary equipment, such as a stage, large speakers, Mayflower truck for transportation? And, to the list brass...how many subscribers do we currently have? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 00:22:22 -0500 From: Willy Nunn Subject: Re: running naked or something Along the lines of Nette's number one reason: 1.Large groups of overweight people moshing to snail shell... *shudder*, , !choke!, #run screaming from the room# Wilbz __________________________________________________ |Will nunn| WPI| Chem. Eng.| Comp. Sci.| |_________|_______|_______________|_______________| |"When this grey world crumbles like a cake/ | |I'll be hanging from the hope/ | |That I'll never see that recipe again" | | -TMBG, It's Not My Birthday | |_________________________________________________| |www PAGE: http://www.wpi.edu/~tanis/tmbg.html | |ftp site chesspieceface.res.wpi.edu/pub/tmbg/ | |_________________________________________________| ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 00:25:05 -0500 From: Willy Nunn Subject: Re: running naked or something ack.. I meant stomp box, I can see people groovin to snail shell (which is almost as bad) but probably not moshing.. Wilbz-> in who's life Murphy's Law governs completely __________________________________________________ |Will nunn| WPI| Chem. Eng.| Comp. Sci.| |_________|_______|_______________|_______________| |"When this grey world crumbles like a cake/ | |I'll be hanging from the hope/ | |That I'll never see that recipe again" | | -TMBG, It's Not My Birthday | |_________________________________________________| |www PAGE: http://www.wpi.edu/~tanis/tmbg.html | |ftp site chesspieceface.res.wpi.edu/pub/tmbg/ | |_________________________________________________| ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 23:34:09 -0600 From: jenna@onramp.net (Jenna Davis) Subject: Re: Oklahoma At 11:11 pm 2/21/96, Raoul the conqueror wrote: >Allright, how about a title for our hypothetical concert in the heartland: > > GIANT OKLAHOMA FLESH FEST 96 If I am to be running about sans clothes, we can just call it "Cowtown..." ________________ Jenna Davis, the only bee in your bonnet. jenna@onramp.net "We all have a dark side to say the least, and dealing in death is the nature of the beast..." -Pink Floyd ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 01:50:31 -0500 (EST) From: The Vonnegut Vassal Subject: home page well, i was looking through old mail and found this--i remember someone mentioning it, but not having the address, so here it is! enjoy! --Fran (mr. Klaw's) *----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey everybody go to my newly aquired home page and tell me what you think.... http://pwp.usa.pipelin.com/~grant3/crumbs.htm -- "Time and Tide are one thing that no one understands." "Can't shake the devil's hand and say your only kidding." -TMBG- Mr. Klaw...... ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: running naked or something Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 02:04:10 -0500 (EST) > I believe there was discussion about a mass mailing list funded They > concert in a field in (oklahoma?) somewhere, and this entailed > running about in the nude, letting it all hang out for John and John > to see. Tracy's Top Ten Reasons Why That is Very Scary: > 10. Finding out RuPaul is a big They fan...ahem > 9. Wheat up your butt > 8. Trumpet players laugh so hard they mess up "No One Knows My Plan" > 7. Can't wear funky TMBG tshirts that never came from newsletter order > 6. Jeanette is too ashamed of her I Love the New Kids tattoo HA! > 5. A little drafty when the "wind comes right behind the ra-ain" > 4. Strange TMBG roadies might decide to join in *shiver* > 3. Too distracted by flesh to listen to the Johns > 2. Show up naked and find out it's all a big joke on Candid Camera > > ok and since you all are so darn creative, I challenge you to comme > (or come if you prefer) up with the best #1 reason to complete my > list (start flipping thru your dave books, Jeanette)...aren't I > a pain in the butt? > (this is also so I don't just make up something stupid for #1 and then > have everyone complain that it was anti-climactic) > Ciao babies... 1. Naked Guys! ahhh! -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-53 *****************************