Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-57 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 57 Monday, 26 February 1996 Today's Topics: Re: Tribute Re: Moxy TMBG tribute album Re: OK fest whew Re: TMBG tribute album Re: TMBG tribute album E-town! Why... Re: Why... My thoughts on the best album and african swallows Mono Puff Re: Mono Puff NDN: OK fest Ignorance... Dinner Bell background vocals revisited Re: Why... Singles slogan singles Re: Why... Re: OK fest Re: TMBG tribute album Brief glimpse of SenSurround dare Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 02:05:32 -0600 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Re: Tribute Matthew James wrote: > > James K. Polk - Smashing Pumpkins w/special guest Henry Rollins > I had a dream once where I went to Henry Rollins house for Christmas (don't ask > me why!) and I remember dreading going into his house and when I got in there all > I wanted to do was leave, and I think he tried to kill us, I think I woke up > crying or something ;) Gees Matt... Henry, who is my #1 angry artist, would never try to kill you...unless of course, you were Edie Brickell. -- Mike Schaefer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Mono Puff CD...a more complete collection to follow. :) ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 12:35:46 -0500 Subject: Re: Moxy In a message dated 96-02-24 17:19:50 EST, not you wrote: >I saw the SouthWest airlines commercial they've been playing and I swear >it is Moxy Fruvous doing the music for that commercial! It is incredibly >cool. Along those same lines I was (and still am) pretty sure that the bridge from No One My Plan was in this really annoying Church of Latterday Saints commercial a while back... In fact that's the first thing I thought when I first heard the song... me who pays way too much attention to the evil thing that controls my brain ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 13:17:37 -0500 From: Willy Nunn Subject: TMBG tribute album Ok.. I talked to my friend who is performing on the tribute album, and according to him the album is due out anytime now. The reports that Pearl Jam or any such band is perfoming on it is false. It is mainly being done by people who are TMBG fans like us, who just decided it would be fun to put together an album of TMBG songs performed by fans. As far as I know there is no profit motive behind this, just fun.. I don't even know where you can get copies of the album but I'll update the list on where as soon as I can. Wilbz __________________________________________________ |Will nunn| WPI| Chem. Eng.| Comp. Sci.| |_________|_______|_______________|_______________| |"When this grey world crumbles like a cake/ | |I'll be hanging from the hope/ | |That I'll never see that recipe again" | | -TMBG, It's Not My Birthday | |_________________________________________________| |www PAGE: http://www.wpi.edu/~tanis/tmbg.html | |ftp site chesspieceface.res.wpi.edu/pub/tmbg/ | |_________________________________________________| ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 13:25:19 -0500 (EST) From: John Henry Subject: Re: OK fest On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, Matthew James pondered: > > By the way, how would us East Coasters get out to Oaklahomo, anyone > driving cross country? Well, I live in Philly. OK. I only go to school here, and I live in South Jersey. But that's beyond the point. My idea is to get either a Winnebago, or a school bus, and take a road trip down to OK. OK? Brendan Brendan Sullivan, Palindrome, Navillus Nadnerb bs069875@sjuphil.sju.edu 1-610-660-2464 "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals, Declaring us the nicest of the damned." -'Road Movie to Berlin' They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 13:35:16 E Subject: whew Thanks be to our Heavenly Deities that I am more awake and not so utterly frustrated by the fact that everyone seemed to be all wide-eyed in wonder about the "tribute album." I thought all day yesterday, why does everyon think this is a big deal? Of course I was feeling a little groovy on sinus medication, so that's that. Anyway...that's it, I didn't mean to sound confused and inflammatory yesterday. As the stupor wears off, Tracy ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 12:51:21 -0600 From: jenna@onramp.net (Jenna Davis) Subject: Re: TMBG tribute album At 1:17 pm 2/25/96, Willy Nunn wrote: > Ok.. I talked to my friend who is performing on the tribute album, and >according to him the album is due out anytime now. The reports that Pearl >Jam or any such band is perfoming on it is false. It is mainly being done by >people who are TMBG fans like us, who just decided it would be fun to put >together an album of TMBG songs performed by fans. As far as I know there is >no profit motive behind this, just fun.. I don't even know where you can get >copies of the album but I'll update the list on where as soon as I can. > Wilbz Wait a minute... this wouldn't be the project that was circulating about the mailing list for the past few months, would it? Ya know, the one where the mailing list people record part of a song and send it to someone who mixes it down with other people's recordings? Or is this tribute something else entirely? ________________ Jenna Davis, the only bee in your bonnet. jenna@onramp.net "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." -From "The Princess Bride" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 14:24:56 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: TMBG tribute album > Wait a minute... this wouldn't be the project that was circulating >about the mailing list for the past few months, would it? Ya know, the one >where the mailing list people record part of a song and send it to someone >who mixes it down with other people's recordings? Or is this tribute >something else entirely? I believe it's the analogous project conducted by the newsgroup rather than the mailing list. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 14:24:33 -0500 (EST) From: CORT Subject: E-town! Hi guys! This is Cortney, I have a a favor to ask you all! Well, my friend goes to E-town College AND he's on the concert commitee! Very cool! Well, he's been keeping me up-to-date on the show at E-town since about December, through biddings, negotiations, everything! And, with a little luck (and alot of prayers! haha), the show's actually going to happen!!!!!! Well, my problem is this: for some reason, I can't get in touch sith my friend at E-town, don't ask me why. Anyway, I really need to know about details (because I'm difinitely going!), like tickets, etc. Can anyone help me out? Also, I have one more huge huge favor! Does anyone out there have the TMBG demo tape that they *might* be willing to give me a copy of? (Pleeease? I'll pay for tape, postage, and the favor if I can!) I thought earlier that I might be able to get it somewhere, but I was wrong! (sorry Alex!) So, if anyone could *please* help me in either of these two fields, I'd really appreciate it! 8 ) ck8@jaguar.uofs.edu http://tiger.uofs,edu/student/ck8 Thanks a bunch! sun and smiles cortney ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 11:47:05 -0800 (PST) From: Rian Rutherford Subject: Why... Everyone seems to find Stompbox as their least favourite song. I would like to hear all your reasonings on this, I could find songs that I found much more annoying. I'm not asking to be flamed, I'm asking for bona-fide answers. *------------------------------------------------------------ | garthi@teleport.com | *------------------------------------------------------------ | When working towards the solution of a problem, it always| | helps to know the answer. | *------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 14:07:51 -0600 (CST) From: jenny Subject: Re: Why... On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, Rian Rutherford wrote: > Everyone seems to find Stompbox as their least favourite song. I would=20 > like to hear all your reasonings on this, I could find songs that I found= =20 > much more annoying. I'm not asking to be flamed, I'm asking for bona-fide= =20 > answers. >=20 Hey...I like Stompbox. I'd have to say it's one of my favorites on JH. =20 But what I really wanted to comment on is Blues Brothers. I was watching= =20 it on Friday, and you know the scene where Cab Calloway is singing "Menny= =20 the Moocher=BF" (I think that's what it's called...) Where the backdrop is= =20 a city street scene with neon signs of clubs? One of the clubs is called= =20 "Hot Cha." I thought that was soooooooooooooo nifty. I wanted to start=20 singing. But people around me wouldn't have liked that much. -jenny, who ACTUALLY TALKED TO JOHN LANDIS! an actual director! who's mad= e=20 actual movies! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@= @@@ "Learning is what seperates us from protists. That and opposable thumbs.= " =09=09=09=09=09- Seeking the Cafe Bob =09 Visit the new and vastly uninproved Home Page-a-go-go! =09=09 http://acs.tamu.edu/~jek4911/index.html @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@= @@@ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 15:33:16 -0500 (EST) From: Paul Sebold Subject: My thoughts on the best album and african swallows good day good list, anyhoo, I thought perhaps I would throw in my two cents on this whole "which album is best, is John Henry sub-par" deal. First off, I think that John Henry is excellent (however, at first I was dissapointed). The End of the Tour and NOKMP are top notch, and they make up for some of the not-so-totally-great ones like Dirt Bike and Extra SV (my opinion folks, don't get huffy). However, in all it's yum-yum tasty goodness, John Henry, and Apollo 18 for that matter, pale to Lincoln. All hail Lincoln, the keenest album of all! I mean, anything with Ana Ng, Cowtown, Shoehorn, and TNACrane has to be the best. If it had "She's an Angel" on it, it would be perfect. Lincoln has good contrast I think, you don't get bored listening to it, as sometimes happens with Flood. However, Flood is the best album to get your friends hooked on TMBG, it's newbie-friendly. Perhaps the best CD to have is A18 though, simply because of what happens when you shuffle it. I mean, fingertips is really great when you don't know what order you hear it in. -what's that blue-thing...... DOIN' here?!?!!? &*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&* psebold@husky.northern-hs.ga.k12.md.us http://husky.northern-hs.ga.k12.md.us/~psebold/extra.html *check out the 80s music page*new!*new!* SOn of gOD (paul) &*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*& ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 16:07:56 -0600 From: mkohner@mps.org (Matt Kohner) Subject: Mono Puff I was searhcing for TMBG stuff on a info thingee at the record store, and it had a cd by John F. called Mono Puff. Does anyone know anything else about Mono Puff? matt "the cheesehead" kohner ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 16:36:31 -0600 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Re: Mono Puff Matt Kohner wrote: > > I was searhcing for TMBG stuff on a info thingee at the record store, and > it had a cd by John F. called Mono Puff. Does anyone know anything else > about Mono Puff? Matt, Check out my web page later this week...I will have complete details on the band including sounds bites of the band's promo CD. -- Mike Schaefer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Mono Puff CD...a more complete collection to follow. :) ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: NDN: OK fest Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 17:42:05 -0500 (EST) Forwarded message: > From eagle.web.apc.org!Post_Office@web.apc.org Sun Feb 25 04:49:42 1996 > From: Post_Office@eagle.web.net (Post Office) > Reply-To: Post_Office@eagle.web.net > To: mjames@faith.loyola.edu > Subject: NDN: OK fest > Date: 25 Feb 1996 08:45:48 GMT > Message-Id: <3588027.50218336@eagle.web.apc.org> > Organization: Web/NirvCentre > > Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to: > > Shane Markle (Mailbox or Conference is full.) > Heya ya'all , is anyone else getting this message everyday? I keep getting these messages back. Getting kinda annoying after a while. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!-------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|Alphaville "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."|Enya|"Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp|Lush Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 19:04:55 -0500 From: noise@nando.net (The Man Who Sweeps The Room) Subject: Ignorance... I have to say a tribute album would be difficult to do, simply because there are so few bands that sound even remotely like TMBG. Seriously, though, I can see some bands on it, such as: Dave Matthews Band Barenaked Ladies Phish Weird Al (Yes, he'll do, of course, The Famous Polka.) You get the idea. Since everyone on here is too lazy (or doesn't care enough) I'm taking my voting to my homepage (in my .sig with the really long name). Sooner or later, I'll have a form for the top three songs for everyone to fill out. Eventually, I'll finish it. Anyway. BTW, really long .sigs are annoying, but mine has to be. It's only ten lines anyway. ============================================================================ "They say love is blind; |||| VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE THEY MIGHT BE I don't think y'r blind..." |||| GIANTS SONG AT: riserboy@aol.com ==>TMBG, Narrow Yr Eyes |||| KAH is BIN and NOIXE IS FOREVER ============================================================================ Andy "the anger" Friedman.... |||| You too can visit NoixePage, with the noise@nando.net |||| really long address: riserboy@aol.com |||| http://pc202a322.med.unc.edu/wsdocs/ nquote@aol.com |||| noixe/noixep.htm =========================================================================== = ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 20:43:05 -0500 From: Matthew Coon Subject: Dinner Bell background vocals revisited A while back (long enough for me to have lost the message, although I see that it is now in the FAQ for those of you following along at home), Shane Markle wrote to say that the FAQ entry for the "background vocals" in Dinner Bell may be incorrect, that the left and right channels may actually contain two different messages. Well, I finally got around to giving this section another critical listen, and I have to stand by my original interpretation. Both the L and R channels contain the same message, "I reheat my soup, give it a good look, and walk away." The confusion may stem from the fact that the words are not broken into syllables in quite the obvious way. Rather, it is something like (in either channel, with each syllable separated here by a pipe): I | re | hea | t my | soup gi | ve i | t a | good | look and | walk | a | (way) Since an orthographic representation is (obviously) rather awkward, here (as best I can manage in ASCII) is a phonetic representation of what I hear in BOTH channels: [a ri hi ?m^ sup] /gI vI t^ gUd lUk/* [a_end w)k ^ we] where: /)/ = [-high, +low, +back, +round, +tense] /a_e/ = [-high, +low, -back, -round, -tense] /^/ = schwa, stressed or unstressed /?/ = glottal stop *note: the second line, as you may have noticed, is actually a phonemic representation, since I happened to notice at least one phonetic difference between the L and R channels (an aspirated /t/ in one channel and a glottal stop in the other) in that phrase. There might be others which I missed, of course. (I don't have *that* much free time:-) Any questions? m@t ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 96 20:53:14 EST From: jenns@voicenet.com (* jenn *) Subject: Re: Why... >Everyone seems to find Stompbox as their least favourite song. I would >like to hear all your reasonings on this, I could find songs that I found >much more annoying. I'm not asking to be flamed, I'm asking for bona-fide >answers. i love Stompbox. in fact, it's on of my favorite songs on John Henry and i love the fact that it is right before my favorite song (End of the Tour)... that album ends so nicely... jenn, the girl with a crown and a scepter... _______________________________________________________________________ jenn 'sunny' schival "When I was young, all I wanted was to be ruler of the universe. Now that isn't enough." -- Alex P. Keaton ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 18:24:31 -0800 From: The Big Blue Dog Subject: Singles Do they usually preceed the actual release, or do they come out later? I know a lot about the band, but John Henry was the first album I bought, and I don't have any of the singles. Just a random brain emission....... BlueDawg ________________________________________________________ S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com Real Men Drive Jeeps. Pat Buchanan will have it so that all of the white sheets he wears are made in America! ------------------------------ From: Beezus5085@aol.com Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 21:49:03 -0500 Subject: slogan Here is my slogan idea: *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ *----------------------------------- It's THEM, It's US, It's NAKED! *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ *----------------------------------- that's all folks, Brother JohnBeezus ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 20:53:47 CST From: pants Subject: singles they, as far as I know, always proceed their album with a single. Example: Snail shell came out two weeks before John Henry was released. Thanks, the king ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 19:50:46 -0800 (PST) From: Rian Rutherford Subject: Re: Why... It's shocking to find so many people who like Stompbox. I recall reading many times that Stompbox was the worst song that TMBG ever did (#120 out of 120, I believe). I'm happy to see that people feel differently. I personally feel that Stompbox is an awesome piece of work. The best part is, who woulda thought it was TMBG? Anyhow, one more quick comment on John Henry. The question I pose for all of you who say "This album isn't as good as the others": Did you really want another album to be the same old thing... Don't you think it would get boring if all Their albums were extremely similar? I, for one, think that a band is rather sad if it keeps putting out albums that all sound like they could be one long continuation. Just my thoughts on the subject. On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, * jenn * wrote: > >Everyone seems to find Stompbox as their least favourite song. I would > >like to hear all your reasonings on this, I could find songs that I found > >much more annoying. I'm not asking to be flamed, I'm asking for bona-fide > >answers. > > i love Stompbox. in fact, it's on of my favorite songs on John Henry and i > love the fact that it is right before my favorite song (End of the Tour)... > that album ends so nicely... > > jenn, the girl with a crown and a scepter... > _______________________________________________________________________ > jenn 'sunny' schival > "When I was young, all I wanted was to be ruler of the universe. Now that > isn't enough." -- Alex P. Keaton > *------------------------------------------------------------ | garthi@teleport.com | *------------------------------------------------------------ | When working towards the solution of a problem, it always| | helps to know the answer. | *------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 22:56:56 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: OK fest I'd be willing to drive to OK; however, any and all transportees must (and I repeat, MUST) give me money for gas. :), 'Nette, who wants to get her boat of car on the road all ready! `'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`' FLESH FEST '96: It's not just for breakfast anymore!!! *------------------------------------------------------------------ "I could never sleep my way to the top; 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." - They, "Hey Mr. DJ" *------------------------------------------------------------------ " Goodnight, everybody!" - Yakko (all the time!) ,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 23:00:38 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: TMBG tribute album > Or is this tribute > something else entirely? Something else entirely - if it was the one from this list, I would have known about it. (and my yelling & screaming rendition of "Puppethead" would have been on it. This, however, is still in the works. My bassist still thinks he's doing "She's an Angel", and my Drummer hasn't held a stick in weeks.) Later, all, 'Nette `'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`' FLESH FEST '96: It's not just for breakfast anymore!!! *------------------------------------------------------------------ "I could never sleep my way to the top; 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." - They, "Hey Mr. DJ" *------------------------------------------------------------------ " Goodnight, everybody!" - Yakko (all the time!) ,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 00:32:29 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Brief glimpse of SenSurround Hi all! I just thought I would share a humorous (at least it's humorous to me) story about my encounter with SenSurround. Now, maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, in fact, they make me want to tear out my own intestines with a rusty spoon. So when my friend called me up and told me that They Might Be Giants had a song on the soundtrack of the movie, needless to say, I was quite suicidal. Never-the-less, my friend (who is as big a TMBG fan as I am) and I decided to debase ourselves for John and John, and actually go to a movie theater and see this movie, IN PUBLIC!!! All the while, we had no idea what the song was going to be. We were listing all Their songs from each album, and trying to picture them in the film (not an easy thing to do), playing over some badly choreographed fight scene between the Pink Ranger and the terrible Paperback Novel Monster. Now, I don't know how many of you have actually seen this film, but I don't think I'll ruin anything for you if I say it blows. The only thing that kept my friend and I from flipping out and killing all the small children in the theater, was the anticipation of hearing that song!! Those dreams were quickly shattered, when, before we knew it, the song had come and gone. That's right, it's only heard for about 6 or 7 seconds. Some guy is driving his car into the driveway with SenSurround playing on the radio. When the car is turned off, the music stops! Now, my pal and I did recognize Them as soon as we heard Linnell singing (at least I think it's Linnell), and we glanced at each other surprisingly when we realized, first of all, this was a NEW song (oh happy day), and second of all, that we weren't going to hear anymore of it for the rest of the film. Man oh nam, were we ever pissed. We have to sit through all of MMPR, and all we get is a measly six second sound bite?? We wanted to complain to the management of the theater, but reconsidered when we realized that we'ed have to admit to seeing the film in the first place. The only saving grace of this story, (which has gone on far too long) is that I had movie passes, so we didn't have to pay a cent to see the White Now, I don't know how many of you have actually seen this film, but I don't think I'll ruin anything for you if I say it blows. The only thing that kept my friend and I from flipping out and killing all the small children in the theater, was the anticipation of hearing that song!! Those dreams were quickly shattered, when, before we knew it, the song had come and gone. That's right, it's only heard for about 6 or 7 seconds. Some guy is driving his car into the driveway with SenSurround playing on the radio. When the car is turned off, the music stops! Now, my pal and I did recognize Them as soon as we heard Linnell singing (at least I think it's Linnell), and we glanced at each other surprisingly when we realized, first of all, this was a NEW song (oh happy day), and second of all, that we weren't going to hear anymore of it for the rest of the film. Man oh nam, were we ever pissed. We have to sit through all of MMPR, and all we get is a measly six second sound bite?? We wanted to complain to the management of the theater, but reconsidered when we realized that we'ed have to admit to seeing the film in the first place. The only saving grace of this story, (which has gone on far too long) is that I had movie passes, so we didn't have to pay a cent to see the White Ranger show off his ass in those tights. Alex A nut with a shotgun ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: dare Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 00:56:39 -0500 (EST) I dare anyone to come up with a list of every song on every CD by TMBG (or whatever you may have) in order of how you like them. Now I realize this would be a daunting task and even more daunting as people's likes of the Giants changes almost daily for some people. But if anyone can do it you'd get gold stars from me!! And a nice handshake. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-57 *****************************