Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-60 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 60 Thursday, 29 February 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG radio update Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! Re: Does anybody else have this??? Want Videos? Want some singles.... Netiquette Tips for Boys and Girls Re: Does anybody else have this??? Utah? Washington? Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! Concert transcript Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! More Pairs No Nudity Threads Re: Want Videos? Want some singles.... Mono Puff Page!!! concert ettiquette. concert in CA? re: protest (fwd) Threads Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! Re: Threads Tard Stump the band Re: Mono Puff Page!!! Re: Threads Re: NDN: Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! Re: Threads Mono Puff and stuff Rumors of the next album My Bad Re: My Bad Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:18:59 -0500 (EST) From: Craig Whyte Subject: TMBG radio update Hi everyone. Today I played "They Might be Giants" and next week I will be playing "Stomp Box" That's all for now. Craig TMBG at Radiothon '97? Maybe...... *------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 16 Days until Spring Break It did not rain in Trenton, NJ from 9pm-midnight this past Monday (2/26/96) This weeks news death toll: 28 Total thru 2/26/96: 67 "Memo to myself: Do the dumb things I gotta do- touch the puppet head" TMBG- "Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head" *------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:52:49 -0600 (CST) From: jenny Subject: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! Hello. I was just beginning to be curious, how many of you guys are DJs? C'mon, raise your hands... -jenny, who should be in latin class right now. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ "Learning is what seperates us from protists. That and opposable thumbs." - Seeking the Cafe Bob Visit the new and vastly uninproved Home Page-a-go-go! http://acs.tamu.edu/~jek4911/index.html @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 12:00:50 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Does anybody else have this??? > I am new to this list and am unaware of previous discussions and such but > think that I have someting of great importance. > > I recently bought a live CD of TMBG recorded in Oct. 1994. The CD was > released be the record company so it is legit but it was never for > sale...only distributed to radio stations. > > It is probably the BEST live recording I have ever heard from any band! > I am wondering if this CD is rare or if most hardcore fans of TMBG > already have this. If not I'd be happy to make copies for all if a tape > and return postage is sent to me. E-mail me private and we'll work out a > deal. I want to trade for other quality live TMBG recordings (no tape > recorder up your ass recordings if you know what I mean) > That is called Live in NYC. It is also distruibed throgh hello in 1994 or 1995 i forget which one for those who want to pay $40 for one cd they want and others they may or may not want. It is good quality because it was recorded for the intent of being professionally distributed. I highly doubt that you will find any other TMBG concert that has that good of sound quality (because it is the only one done for the intent of being distributed), but there are recoding out there (ie tape recorder up your butt as you put it), because no one is gonna to ask the stage people "gee can I hook up may tape recding shyt to your system, I wana make a boot of this concert you know." They'd probally throw you out on your face or laugh at you.... So most of the other TMBG concert recording your going to find are someone that did it from the auidence with out anyone knowing. Belive me though, the sound quailty of those are not really that bad. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 12:16:02 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Want Videos? Want some singles.... Well here's an extension to my trade thing.... I have noticed in some areas of the world that some places have a surplus of TMBG things that you can't find in other places. So I'm writting this for those people that want some of these things but just can't seem to find them. You will get the original of the item (not a copy). Here in maryland I run across these things quite often. The They Might Be Gaints Video Complination (about $13 - $15) Includes: Purple Toupee Ana Ng They'll Need a Craine (She Was a) Hotel Detective Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head Back To Skull (~$6 - $7) Includes: Snail Shell Odline She Was a Hotel Detective Mrs. Train Snail Dust Istanbul (Not Constanible) (~$6 - $7) Includes: Istanbul James K Polk Ant Istanbul Brownsville Remix Why Does The Sun Shine (~$6 - $7) Includes: Why Does The Sun Shine Whirlpool Jessica Spy (Once in a while) They'll Need A Craine (Probally will take a while to locate) If you want any of these just ask me. Then pay me for the item and shipping. This will hopefully help those out that never seen a tmbg video or just can't find any of the stuff above (although a lot can find wdtss and back to skull). ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:33:50 -0800 From: relph@mando.engr.sgi.com (John Relph) Subject: Netiquette Tips for Boys and Girls As we seem to have experienced an outbreak of chain letters (The Magic Grapefruit of Love) and political messages (The Constution of the U.S.A.), I thought it was time to remind the subscribers of this list about proper e-mail, mailing list, and 'Net etiquette. This is no joke. Read this message. Please remember: * Please do not use TMBG-List to send non-TMBG-related information. Especially do not send political information, chain letters (which are forbidden by most sites on the Internet), Ponzi schemes, virus warnings (Note! Good Times is a hoax), or the message about the little boy who wants postcards. If you have information which you believe is of interest to TMBG-List subscribers, either send a *SHORT* note to the list asking subscribers to send you e-mail for more information, or post a *SHORT* message with a URL to a Web page. In other words, give the subscribers a *CHOICE*, don't force them. * Subject lines should be used very carefully. Try to make sure the subject of your message reflects the content. If you are replying to a posting in the digest, try not to use the default subject, which seems to be "Re: TMBG-List Digest #2-33". Rather, change the subject of your posting to refer to the original subject, for example, "Re: John Sucks!". * If you use a signature (from your ".signature" file), please keep it to four lines of text or fewer. Your e-mail address already appears in the header of your posting, so no need to repeat it in your signature. * Try to always keep the length of the lines in your message to 75 characters or less. The standard width of a terminal screen is 80 characters, but when a reply includes your message, the length of lines can grow, so leave a little room for further discussion. * If you are replying to a message from the digest and you are quoting the text of that message, please try to edit the included text down to the minimum necessary to convey the gist of what you wish to reply to. The full message can always be retrieved from an earlier digest, and all digests are archived. * When someone asks a question, many people send out identical answers. When this happens, dozens of identical answers appear in the digest. Mail your answer to the person and suggest that they summarize to the list. This way the list will only see a single copy of the answers, no matter how many people answer the question. And if you post a question, please remind people to send you the answers by mail and at least offer to summarize them to the list. * When you request information from the list, it is common courtesy to report your findings so that others can benefit as well. The best way of doing this is to take all the responses that you received and edit them into a single article that can be sent to the list. Take the time to strip headers, combine duplicate information, and write a short summary. Try to credit the information to the people that sent it to you, where possible. * White space is not wasted space -- it greatly improves clarity. A blank line only adds a byte to the length of your message, so don't be stingy if it will help make your meaning clearer. (Note: some of these suggestions were cribbed wholesale from the "Hints on Writing Style for Usenet:" article, regularly posted to Usenet News.) See also the Netiquette Page at "http://reality.sgi.com/employees/relph/etiquette.html". - John -- Ancient Secrets Revealed! Taste Buds Rejuvenated! Transmissions Magically Repaired! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:06:53 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Re: Does anybody else have this??? A lot of us have this, but I'm sure that those who don't will appreciate your offer. On Tue, 27 Feb 1996, Jason Carl Flatowicz wrote: > I am new to this list and am unaware of previous discussions and such but > think that I have someting of great importance. > > I recently bought a live CD of TMBG recorded in Oct. 1994. The CD was > released be the record company so it is legit but it was never for > sale...only distributed to radio stations. > > It is probably the BEST live recording I have ever heard from any band! > I am wondering if this CD is rare or if most hardcore fans of TMBG > already have this. If not I'd be happy to make copies for all if a tape > and return postage is sent to me. E-mail me private and we'll work out a > deal. I want to trade for other quality live TMBG recordings (no tape > recorder up your ass recordings if you know what I mean) > > -Jason Flatowicz ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden - S" Subject: Utah? Washington? Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 11:56:00 P It's me the Hypnotist of Ladies, I am going to be in UTAH this summer, and I was wondering, if any one lived there. I thought it would be nice to do some trades in person, instead of via mail. Or actually better, Does anyone live in WASHINGTON that would be interested in making some trades? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 15:29:29 -0500 (EST) From: John Henry Subject: Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, jenny wrote: > Hello. I was just beginning to be curious, how many of you guys are > DJs? C'mon, raise your hands... > > -jenny, who should be in latin class right now. I'm a DJ on 530 AM, WSJR, the campus voice of St. Joe's Univ. My show is on thursday mornings, from 10-12, and I usually do a show on Monday nights, from 6-7. I always try to play some TMBG, and my personal fav is to play James K Polk, followed by results from the presidential primaries. Good stuff. -Brendan Brendan Sullivan, Palindrome, Navillus Nadnerb bs069875@sjuphil.sju.edu 1-610-660-2464 "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals, Declaring us the nicest of the damned." -'Road Movie to Berlin' They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:20:09 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Concert transcript I now have a transcript of a TMBG concert available for view on my home page. Enjoy. More to be added, some time, if I get the chance. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:34:19 -0500 (EST) From: Kathy Lawrence Subject: Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! I used to DJ at a classical music station...I didn't get to play Them at all. :( On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, jenny wrote: > Hello. I was just beginning to be curious, how many of you guys are > DJs? C'mon, raise your hands... > > -jenny, who should be in latin class right now. > > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ > > "Learning is what seperates us from protists. That and opposable thumbs." > - Seeking the Cafe Bob > > Visit the new and vastly uninproved Home Page-a-go-go! > > http://acs.tamu.edu/~jek4911/index.html > > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ > > ------------------------------ From: Jantschman@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:51:41 -0500 Subject: More Pairs I got more crazy matches for you: 1)BoyzIIMen- She's Actual Size 2)Weird Al- I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die 3)Sonny&Cher- For Science 4)The Replacements- We're The Replacements 5)Weezer- anything! they rule! ( right below J&J ) I also thought of some names for the tribute album: 1)They Might not be Giants, but close 2)What are they? They Might be Giants... 3)This record is only a test. The real TMBG is relaxing JaN+sChMAn ------------------------------ From: Jantschman@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:53:36 -0500 Subject: No Nudity Hey Guys ( Gals ) I heard about "Flesh Fest 96". Really. I joined the list to hear about TMBG, not Woodstockers. Please drop the thread. I tried to be nice about it. JaN+sChMAn ------------------------------ From: Jantschman@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:57:04 -0500 Subject: Threads Whaddup? I got some crazy ideas again: 1) Who the hell is Joshua Fried and why did he mess with the best? 2) Has anyone ever heard The Replacements? The one TMBG sang about? 3) Do the single mixes of Hotel Detective and Don't Let's Start sound the same as the originals to anyone else? JaN+sChMAn ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 17:41:14 -0500 From: noise@nando.net (NyQuil Driver) Subject: Re: Want Videos? Want some singles.... >The They Might Be Gaints Video Complination (about $13 - $15) > Includes: > Purple Toupee > Ana Ng > They'll Need a Craine > (She Was a) Hotel Detective > Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head > >Back To Skull (~$6 - $7) > Includes: > Snail Shell > Odline > She Was a Hotel Detective > Mrs. Train > Snail Dust > >Istanbul (Not Constanible) (~$6 - $7) > Includes: > Istanbul > James K Polk > Ant > Istanbul Brownsville Remix > >Why Does The Sun Shine (~$6 - $7) > Includes: > Why Does The Sun Shine > Whirlpool > Jessica > Spy > >(Once in a while) They'll Need A Craine (Probally will take a while to locate) > >If you want any of these just ask me. Then pay me for the item and shipping. >This >will hopefully help those out that never seen a tmbg video or just can't find >any >of the stuff above (although a lot can find wdtss and back to skull). I'd be interested in most of those.... I got very lucky and found Don't Let's Start. I bought it (it was cheap!) even though I already have Misc. T. Just for shock value. You can find Istanbul, Back to Skull and Why...? or order them at most Barnes and Nobles. Always remember to check the tapes as well, though! ============================================================================ "They say love is blind; |||| VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE THEY MIGHT BE I don't think y'r blind..." |||| GIANTS SONG AT: riserboy@aol.com ==>TMBG, Narrow Yr Eyes |||| KAH is BIN and NOIXE IS FOREVER ============================================================================ Andy "the anger" Friedman.... |||| You too can visit NoixePage, with the noise@nando.net |||| really long address: riserboy@aol.com |||| http://pc202a322.med.unc.edu/wsdocs/ nquote@aol.com |||| noixe/noixep.htm =========================================================================== = ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:45:11 -0600 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Mono Puff Page!!! The Mono Puff page is finally up! Let me know if I messed up any of the links. I'm working on a page for the Hello Recording Club...watch my homepage for details. -- Mike Schaefer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (217) 337-1923 (Free when you call from work) http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Mono Puff CD...a more complete collection to follow. :) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 17:59:59 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: concert ettiquette. i definitely think it's a damn good idea. the last concert i went too would have been a whole lot better if the entire crowd wasn't pushing me from all sides and i didn't have to watch all the crowd surfers get dragged down by security when they were passed to the front. the first TMBG concert i went too, Flans said to some rabble rousers in the front that if they weren't there to have a good time, then leave. i was proud. i've never seen Flans stay behind to sign, but i got Tony's and Brian's sig after a show in D.C. when they were at some side entrance talking to some fans. may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 15:58:05 -0800 From: anakin@smartlink.net (Nick (Nikola) Hatton) Subject: concert in CA? I heard a rumor that They would be in west covina some time during march. The guy said he thought he saw TMBG in the list of concerts at the showcase in west covina CA for march. Please, please say this is true. I would be totally bummed crushed and depressed if this was a false rumor. "Tell me Pinky, do you practice being dumb or does it come naturally?" "Oh, practice Brain, practice, practice...." Pinky+The Brain "If it wasn't for disapointment, I wouldn't have any appointment's..." TMBG Me who finds myself using my .sig in letters to friends at school, because me is very wired on adreniline and TMBG ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: re: protest (fwd) Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 19:41:17 -0500 (EST) Or alternately, we could just go down to DC and protest in person, I hzven't been there in a month, be nice to go on down ;) Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Threads Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 20:14:37 -0500 (EST) > > Whaddup? Not much at'tall > > I got some crazy ideas again: > > 1) Who the hell is Joshua Fried and why did he mess with the best? He's the dude on the World's Adddress remix, don't know if the Giants knew him and asked him to play or what? I think he's mailed to this list before and I think I saw an interview on here where somebody interviewed him. > 2) Has anyone ever heard The Replacements? The one TMBG sang about? yeah, Don't Tell a Soul is a cool album, I haven't heard much else. Paul Westerberg is cool too on his own, that song First Glimmer is really cool. > 3) Do the single mixes of Hotel Detective and Don't Let's Start sound the > same as the originals to anyone else? Hotel Detective '94 is very escellent, I like it much better than (don't flame me pls.!) the much inferior original Hotel Detective. Don't Let's Start remix? huh? Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 20:39:16 -0500 From: stjtc02@moravian.edu (JEREMY CAMPBELL) Subject: Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! I am a DJ as well as the engineer of the humble 7 watt carrier current radio station here at Moravian College. If you happen to be in Bethlehem and within about 2 blocks of the campus you can hear us at 540 am. My fellow dj's and i often play they on the station :) =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= She looked at me O O And her smiling tears were warm and sweet and free L And the moonlight kissed her eyes ,____, As it mingled with our sighs And she whispered, "Sometimes love is only sleeping" =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 20:50:24 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Threads >> 3) Do the single mixes of Hotel Detective and Don't Let's Start sound the >> same as the originals to anyone else? >Hotel Detective '94 is very escellent, I like it much better than (don't >flame me >pls.!) the much inferior original Hotel Detective. >Don't Let's Start remix? huh? I think he meant the *single* mixes. That is to say, the ones on Misc. T, DLS, and Hotel Detective. The Back to Skull version of Hotel Detective is really another song, not a remix. The single mixes do sound the same as the originals, but not exactly the same. On Hotel Detective there's a more extensive lead-in for one thing, and both seem to have more "echo" to them. I think there's a guest vocalist backing up Flans on the single mix of Hotel Detective. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:10:48 -0500 Subject: Tard I think that Weird Al could remake any Giants song and do a fantastic job, before you bite my head off, take a listen to the rest of his remakes, you jus't can't tell the difference.... I used to have a sig thing, now I don't....John ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:11:44 -0500 Subject: Stump the band I saw them do that at WPI....hey isn't someone on the list from WPI?....a few years back, I can't remember what they did...maybe the above mentioned person will... John, who doesn't live anywhere near Oklahoma and doesn't know anything about this NorthHampton show and would greatly appreciate any information about it that could be sent his way via eMail and is babbling... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 21:17:06 -0600 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Re: Mono Puff Page!!! Ok, the links have been fixed! I changed the http links to ftp links :) I have gotten some reports about the .wav files not playing properly (mis-formatted) please let me know via e-mail if you are having troubles playing the .wav files (especially if you do not have the program "Kaboom Factory"). :) -- Mike Schaefer http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef monopuff@aol.com Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Mono Puff CD...a Hello Recording Club Page will be up soon. :) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:15:09 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: Threads On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, Matthew James wrote: > Don't Let's Start remix? huh? The one on Misc. T. That's the "remix". :) 'Nette `'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`'*'`' FLESH FEST '96: It's not just for breakfast anymore!!! *------------------------------------------------------------------ "I could never sleep my way to the top; 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." - They, "Hey Mr. DJ" *------------------------------------------------------------------ " Goodnight, everybody!" - Yakko (all the time!) ,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,.*.,. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:24:23 -0500 (EST) From: Kathy Lawrence Subject: Re: NDN: Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! Hey powers that be! (Sorry lost the e-mail address, had to post this.) Look, here's that message, again! Sorry for that little outburst. This was the wrong week to switch to decaf. Kathy. PS Shane Markle must be stopped. On 29 Feb 1996, Post Office wrote: > Date: 29 Feb 1996 00:45:49 GMT > From: Post Office > To: kdl300z@barbados.cc.odu.edu > Subject: NDN: Re: Hey, Mr. (Ms.) DJs! > > Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to: > > Shane Markle (Mailbox or Conference is full.) > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:43:16 -0500 (EST) From: John Henry Subject: Re: Threads On Wed, 28 Feb 1996 Jantschman@aol.com wrote: > 3) Do the single mixes of Hotel Detective and Don't Let's Start sound the > same as the originals to anyone else? The remix if Hotel Detective is nothing like the original. In fact, it's a lot better. Highly reccomend that you ingore the original, and listen only to the new version. But, of course, that's just my opinion. As for Don't Let's Start, I've only heard the remix, so I can't say. Sorry. Brendan Brendan Sullivan, Palindrome, Navillus Nadnerb bs069875@sjuphil.sju.edu 1-610-660-2464 "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals, Declaring us the nicest of the damned." -'Road Movie to Berlin' They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 23:08:38 -0500 Subject: Mono Puff and stuff I feel silly for asking, but since I didn't memorize all my mail or save it, I have to ask... Is Mono Puff "available in stores" and for that matter is Flansburg's thing going to be? Or do I have to join some special secret club, or not-so-secret club, to receive these things? If so, tell me how to join these clubs, actually tell me anyway I'm ignorant... Possible good news :::: ATTENTION :::: My brother does bootlegs as a hobby, he has quite the impressive collection of over 900 Grateful Dead Boots and 600 Phish boots, now I called him yesterday, he seems to remember one of his colossal trades with someone included 4 or 5 Giant Boots (for big feet), now he is a hard man to reach, but I am going to try my Damnedest to call him next week sometime after he has a chance to look through all his boots...I've copied tapes from him before and he usually has good quality stuff...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'll let y'all know as soon as I know... A Giants version of the Helping Phriendly Phlyer may be a super idea... Perhaps we could call it...Taming Youth Culture or They Might be Hemophiliacs... I'm sure y'all can come up with some names that make my creative attempt pathetic...so what are you waiting for? If I still had a Helping Phriendly Phlyer around I'd write up an abbreviated version, but I'm sure we can all put our heads together come up with what should be in the Phlyer... That's all I s'pose, since I just don't feel like sig'ing anymore.... John ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 23:16:25 -0500 (EST) From: Dave Rutherford Subject: Rumors of the next album > P.S. Also, when is the release date of any TMBG singles or albums. I've > heard so many rumours. The rumor I've heard is that a new studio album is due out the end of this year or early next year. This from someone who got it from Brian firsthand... While I'm on the soapbox here, could I ask for a little less whining from some of you and a LOT less noise? This list is really NOT the place for magic grapefruits or telecom bill reform bulletins; it's a place for Giants news and chatting. There are other forums appropriate for the rest. The TMBG digest used to be about 17K of mail a day. It's now running 70K on a regular basis, and most of that increase is just noise. Please, people, think and use some judgement before you post! Dave ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 23:17:53 -0500 Subject: My Bad Mono Puff is Flansburg's thing , I meant to say is Linnel's thing going to be available in fine stores everywhere, or something to that effect... Sorry. John ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:40:52 -0600 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Re: My Bad Nope, Linnell's Stuff, currently "State Songs" is available only from The Hello Recording Club, go to my home page for Hello Club info! :) -- Mike Schaefer http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages, the Mono Puff CD, and the Hello Recording Club Page! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-60 *****************************