Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-63 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 63 Sunday, 3 March 1996 Today's Topics: Re: Return to Cranium New Page Re: HD and Shane and all that Re: I want Freaksickle...damnit woe is me Statue video and stoner music commentary... I Palindrome I Hotel detective and b-sides Re: I Palindrome I Stoner Music? Re: I Palindrome I Re: Stoner Music? Re: Stoner Music? Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 07:27:06 -0500 Subject: Re: Return to Cranium >Snail Dust (The Dust Brothers' remix) (Funky sounding, starts on beat 2.5) Just a slightly interesting note on the Dust Brothers remix... When I saw "Dust Brothers" on the CD I thought I'd seen it before, and I had... when I was looking through the liner notes of my Beavis and Butthead CD(stop laughing) I noticed that one of the bands copyright name thingies was "Dust Brothers", I looked back at the notes and found that the same A. King and somebody or other were right next to where it said "Dust Brothers"... anyway, to make an incredibly long story short the Dust Brother are two members of Anthrax... kinda funny that they live in Brooklyn too, maybe they met in the park... :) me who reads far too many liner notes far too thoroughly far too often ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 09:26:37 -0500 From: "Mr. Klaw" Subject: New Page I finally got it up so everyone make sure to stop by: http://www.clearlight.com/Passthemilk/ . It's not comepletely done but most of the way anyway... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Time and tide are one thing that no one understands." -TMBG- Sloan Poe grant3@usa.pipeline.com dresko@clearlight.com Passthemilk@clearlight.com http://www.clearlight.com/Passthemilk HAMMERDOWN!! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 10:49:36 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: HD and Shane and all that >I listened to Back to Skull and I Palindrome I singles today and >was wondering if anyone knows anything about that nifty reggae >number Larger Than Life...I have to go find the lyrics b/c I could come >up with some strange ones for that baby. Agreed. Anyone who can decipher what Miss Linda and Sensi are saying, please let the list know. I'd like to correct that part of the website, but can't figure out what they're saying. >Also what is being said in I Palindrome I that sounds like: >Big gallop pace tone delipsofad ooh...? "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age." A palindrome. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+------+------+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ | Bozosity abounds. -Kibo | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 10:08:33 -0600 From: Paul Leonard Subject: Re: I want Freaksickle...damnit >>I also heard a rumor that They put out a Mini Disc (MD) of some kind when >the >>MD industry tried to push them in record stores like Tower records...this >was >>somewhere in Boston...did anyone else hear about this? > >You must be referring to the mini-singles for "Don't Let's Start," "They'll >Need a Crane," and "Hotel Detective." I own the first one and have seen the >second, but not the third. They don't have anything that isn't on Misc. T, >but they're still very cool. actually, I think he was referring to MiniDisc(r), not a CD-3 (3" CD). They're kinda different from CDs, they come permanently(well asppermenent as plastic can be) encased in a hard shell, and they have a special player that isn't a CD player. In any case, I hadn't heard that they released a MiniDisc(r), but I bet it's gotta be great (even if it IS just a regular album in a new format). just my $4.39 + tax paul ------------------------------ From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 10:30:22 E Subject: woe is me Thanks to everyone who corrected me on the egad a base tone etc etc confusion. I kind of like it my way too :) Promote nonsense! With all this talk of videos, I get a little choked up inside, think of th fact that I have NEVER seen a TMBG video. Doesn't that make you all feel sorry for me? Don't you just want to send me some money right now? Checks made payable to Tracy Grazioli....hehe. Anyway, how would I go about seeing/procuring said videos? Is the info club newsletter my best bet? Speaking of which, I finally got a chance to see my tmbg tshirt (it came to my house while I was at college) and I LOVE it I want to wear it everyday (ew that would be kinda gross) Anyway, it's that funky one with the mr. skullhead guy waving on the front and some wacky abstract coolness on the back. *Reveling in joy* Anyway, everyone pray that it stops snowing so I can go to see my beloved in Trenton :) Ciao fellow babies. Subliminal Tracy ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 11:49:09 -0500 Subject: Statue video and stoner music commentary... I saw it only once...on AL TV...but I remember that they were wearing space suits and racing around in a lunar jeep and another car too... I'd like also to add that I had an experience last night... My house seems to be party central lately, and with party central comes drugs... so the "stoners" that were mentioned a few days ago were all here last night... I decided that since they were in my house and in quite a vulnerable and agreeing state I'd conduct an experiment...I played all the They discs I owned...by the end of the night they were unstable...most of them were laughing so hard they couldn't breathe...then they wanted more music so they startyed playing their music (KMFDM, The Orb, Einsturzende Neubaten, and a bunch of others I can't remember) I've concluded that tmbg is not "stoner" music, but it should be...they had so much fun listening to Them stoned... but when they started listening to the rest of their stuff they started zoning out or talking about how "cooooool" the song was... Stoners! Listen to tmbg when you're stoned...non stoners, go on with your life as usual... John who enjoyed him self last night... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 13:16:53 -0600 (MDT) From: WorldWide Skull Subject: I Palindrome I > Also what is being said in I Palindrome I that sounds like: > Big gallop pace tone delipsofad ooh...? > I'm too lazy to do ye olde lyrics server thing. They are saying "Egad, a bass tone denotes a bad age," which is a letter palindrome. Not, of course, to exclude the "Man o nam," or the word palindrome bridge("Son, I am able..") Mark M, who hasn't written to the list before this. ------------------------------ From: klamb@ecentral.com Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 17:10:20 -0700 Subject: Hotel detective and b-sides hey, all. Alright, I know I'm new here and all, but doesn't anybody else out there think that neither of the versions of hotel detective are that great? I mean, if I had to choose, I'd pick the new one, but both of them rank up there with my least fav. tmbg songs. Also, i heard that there talking about releasing 2 b-sides albums at the same time: Superfuled Freaksickle, eith all of the good stuff and "Crappy" on vinyl with, well the crappy stuff. Can anyone tell me if this is true? marty ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 21:09:33 -0500 From: noise@nando.net (NyQuil Driver) Subject: Re: I Palindrome I >> Also what is being said in I Palindrome I that sounds like: >> Big gallop pace tone delipsofad ooh...? >> I'm too lazy to do ye olde lyrics server thing. > >They are saying "Egad, a bass tone denotes a bad age," which is a letter >palindrome. Not, of course, to exclude the "Man o nam," or the word >palindrome bridge("Son, I am able..") > > Mark M, who hasn't written to the list > before this. Yes, but it's "Egad, a basE tone denotes a bad age." Anyone have any clue what this means? ============================================================================ "They say love is blind; |||| VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE THEY MIGHT BE I don't think y'r blind..." |||| GIANTS SONG AT: tmbgbwo.html (instead ==>TMBG, Narrow Yr Eyes |||| of noixep.htm at the end.) ============================================================================ Andy "the anger" Friedman.... |||| You too can visit NoixePage, with the noise@nando.net |||| really long address: riserboy@aol.com |||| http://pc202a322.med.unc.edu/wsdocs/ One of few NyQuil Drivers. |||| noixe/noixep.htm =========================================================================== = ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 21:12:09 -0500 From: noise@nando.net (NyQuil Driver) Subject: Stoner Music? Hey all, Just my two cents because I got stoned last night. TMBG is good stoning music. I put in Back to Skull last night after toking and managed to count all the way through Snail Dust. (Coincidentally, at the top of my lungs. I did not find out about that until one.) That whole album is perfect pot music. Does anyone know what beat Snail Dust actually starts on? And can anybody give me an overview of the best B-Sides, post MiscT? ============================================================================ "They say love is blind; |||| VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE THEY MIGHT BE I don't think y'r blind..." |||| GIANTS SONG AT: tmbgbwo.html (instead ==>TMBG, Narrow Yr Eyes |||| of noixep.htm at the end.) ============================================================================ Andy "the anger" Friedman.... |||| You too can visit NoixePage, with the noise@nando.net |||| really long address: riserboy@aol.com |||| http://pc202a322.med.unc.edu/wsdocs/ One of few NyQuil Drivers. |||| noixe/noixep.htm =========================================================================== = ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 21:36:08 -0500 From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: I Palindrome I >Yes, but it's "Egad, a basE tone denotes a bad age." Anyone have any clue >what this means? Assuming that it is the word "base" that is confusing you: As an adjective, base means (From Webster's Unabridged) 1. low in place. [Obs.] 2. mean; worthless; inferior in value or estimation: used of things. [...] 7. deep; grave: applied to sound; as, the base sounds of a viol. m@t ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 22:16:48 -0600 From: Paul Leonard Subject: Re: Stoner Music? At 09:12 PM 3/2/96 -0500, NyQuil Driver wrote: >Hey all, >Just my two cents because I got stoned last night. you know, that shit'll blow your mind away... >Does anyone know what beat Snail Dust actually starts on? I think it's the upbeat of 2 (between 1 & 2), at least, that's what it sounds like to me. (I AM assuming it's written in a 4-beat measure style)... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 23:51:50 -0600 (CST) From: Jason Carl Flatowicz <00206716@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: Stoner Music? Drugs are bad. You should try sex. It is far more pleasureable and if you're thirsty you even have something to drink at the end. TMBG is bad stoner music - good sex music. Hump your ladies to the rhythme of ANA NG. -Willow Bay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-63 *****************************