Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-75 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 75 Friday, 15 March 1996 Today's Topics: tea The movie I'm making I HATE AOL!!! To Tracy! (sorry guys!) Marywood email address is still cruddy... I am now Admin! Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Matthew James Subject: tea Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 16:45:20 -0500 (EST) Is anyone's cup of tea a wall of trombones? Just curious... Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 15:54:59 -0500 (EST) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: The movie I'm making Hi everybody! First, I'm gonna answer the trivia question that I asked a while back that nobody gave two shits about. What film did Adam Bernstein, longtime TMBG videomaker, direct? The answer, of course: It's Pat. Oh well. The lifetime supply of Cheez Doodles sits idle in my living room, waiting for the winner of the next trivia question. Anyway, I thought I would use this forum to announce to everybody that I plan to use a TMBG song in my newest short film, Flying Tin, which is in the fine cut picture stage. Basically, I am a graduating film student and I wanted to make a film which for once did not use music which had not been cleared. I had a burning desire to use the King Missile song Wind-Up Toys, so I asked John S. Hall if I could and he said yes! That was back when I thought that it would be the only song I would use and the rest of the music would be original score. However this original score thing is taking too long and might not be ready and I was unable to keep myself from imagining this film with a TMBG song in it, since TMBG are my favourite band and on a certain level it would be wrong for me to make a film without one of their songs in it right? Well, this is a public announcement that, unless somebody involved with TMBG says not to, I am going to open the film with the demo version of When It Rains It Snows. With this message I give plenty of notice to John and John, to Bill Krauss, to Bo Orloff, to anyone who might care. The sound mix is still a ways off so I won't be finalising it just yet but this is the song that I want to use. And I am still using the King Missile track at the end, once again by permission of Mr. John S. Hall. So there you go. I hope nobody minds. I also hope that I can eventually clear the use of all the TMBG lyric quotes in my recently completed first novel, Lazar Sees Stars. I mean, it's an expression of my admiration for them anyway. I go to their shows, I buy their albums, T-shirts, I'm just a real fan. Their music inspires creativity in me and by referencing this in my work I try to acknowledge the positive impact that they have had and continue to have in the purest sense. It's my little tip of the hat to them. We'll see how it goes. Until later, Mike. ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 16:43:49 -0500 Subject: I HATE AOL!!! I HATE AOL!!! IT'S THE WORST ONLINE PAY SERVICE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!! NEVER GET AOL EVEN IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!! THEY MESSED UP THE ENTIRE FTP SPACE AND ARE SAYING IT'S AN ERROR JUST SO THAT PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO RELOAD ALL OF THEIR FILES AND GIVE MORE MONEY TO THEM!!! DO NOT EVER TRUST AOL!!! (I'll apologize right now to all of you who already know this) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 20:52:56 -0500 (EST) From: CORT Subject: To Tracy! (sorry guys!) Sorry to do this to you guys! But Tracy, if you're out there, I'm not sure what you REAL email address is anymore (sorry!), so if you get this message, please let me know! I feel bad that I haven't written back! Anyway, we can catch up on the E-town show! (I can't wait!) sun and smiles cortney ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 21:32:53 -0500 From: shelton@coeibm.rutgers.edu (Bryan Shelton) Subject: Marywood email address is still cruddy... Okay guys I know I haven't written much lately, but that's because my system sucks and I have to get someone to look at my account. Cortney: I do want to talk about etwon, you can mail me at my regular address (grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu) but I can only reply to you this way...I know it stinks but I'm working on it... Brenden...four or five bucks should cover it. Sorryt for typos....there are so many people I wanted to mail from\the list but I can't :(:(:(:( but I can't this system sucks too a little...um anyway I'm still out there, listening to Mono Puff and getting ready to lynch my sys admin... Jon that letter from that guy with the bad spelling cracked me up for a while day...I just about dyed :) (that was supposed to be "whole day"...I am not that much better than that schmuck, but I have an excuse...sort of... I'm hurrying...ok guys I have to go I miss you all and I'm trying to read everyting even if I can't mail...a top ten is in the works. I loved "humming cheese songs" Alex I just sing it that way now because it's so great :):) All day I tried to think of the words to Sublimnial and I was singing Subliminal, in an....uin an..unusual? extraordinary? something way... I couldn't remember unnoticeable until I was in the bathroom of the student center...weird eh? hehe ok I'm a wackjob... Love, Tracy ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (The Administrator) Subject: I am now Admin! Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 19:40:54 -0800 (PST) All of you who remember me, Mister DJ, will now now me as Admin. It is a joke between my friends and i felt better suited with Admin. THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT! a d m i n | | D M I N A | The Administrator | M I N A D | Joey Drago | I N A D M | joeyd@netcom.com | N A D M I | Formerly Mister DJ | (JD) -Admin ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-75 *****************************