Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-87 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 87 Wednesday, 27 March 1996 Today's Topics: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-86 Enough with politics.... Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-86 Re: Q101, etc.... POLITICS--take it outside, please!!! Re: Dissapearing/cursed flood cds... Something to chuckle about....... RE: Vinyl mysteries Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG Re: Vinyl mysteries Power of Dial-a-Song & Radio Ramblings CURSE OF THE FLOOD!!!! Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-86 Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Re: Vinyl mysteries concerts Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff new songs Hello Recordings Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Mono Puff and stuff... Re: new songs RE: Vinyl mysteries politica et cetera.... Re: Vinyl mysteries New Stuff! Apollo and No more politics. Right-winga only in dreams Re: Vinyl mysteries The New stuff @ ML. Ben's Fold-A-Song Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Re: Vinyl mysteries The list Re: new songs Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Poiltics (delete if you wish) A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) Re: politica et cetera.... Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) Re: Right-winga Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-81 otann Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:50:22 -0500 From: ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Speaker for the Dead) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-86 Hello There! I've been ignoring the list for a while...just too much to deal with with school and all. On the topic of Flood: I listened to it once the other day, and actually DIDN'T LIKE IT! Wow, that surprised me. I suppose it was just the mood I was in. It was like I just didn't want to hear it, didn't find it interesting or catchy. It seemed to lose that tmbg sheen. Anyway, I've listened to it since, and I do still like it, but I have been going through a steady pattern in which Flood has lost it's amazingness. Flood was my gateway into they might be giants, a friend of my best friend gave it to him for one birthday, and we listened to it a bit and were instantly hooked by birdhouse, particle man, and istanbul. John Henry I like even less than Flood...it doesn't have the same wordplay or variety of instrumental sound, and the music is too heavy and overbearing. Anyway, Apollo 18 is my fav. album currently, although Lincoln is very close behind. Apollo is consistantly great, there are no songs on it I dislike, and it has a great sense of album continuity. Lincoln has elequant, shining examples of tmbg's amazing wordplay, and the sounds of Ana NG, where your eyes don't go, and Purple Toupee are happy, precise, and generally the best tmbg is capable of. When I play Apollo on shuffle mode, some of the beginnings are cut off, just as ben's were...it stinks big time. On the topic of Popularity: TmBg have had some popularity over the years...that message earlier on about them not beening more than the top 1000 or whatever is so wrong. Ana NG hit the top of the college charts (knocking U2 from the #1 pos. btw) back in it's day, and I believe Birdhouse became the #2 single in the U.K. I think that is a bit better than #1000. And lastly, I am a newly converted libertarian. Neither the republicans nor the democrats know what they are doing or have what is in the best interest of the american ppl in mind. Libertarianism will spell the end of big-government, and revert this country back to the individualism that it's founders envisioned. Well, over and out i suppose! Nathan Todd (Linnel) *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* ntodd@emba.uvm.edu As my own individual and conscious mind: I control my destiny. I access my innermost thoughts and emotions. I manipulate the external world. In general I am the most powerful force in my existence. I AM GOD. *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* http://swen.emba.uvm.edu/~ntodd/ ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Enough with politics.... Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:16:15 -0600 (CST) Look, I realize that it's really fun to argue politics and run around yelling "I'm Republican!" or "I'm Democrat!" or whatever the heck you happen to feel like being at the time, but to tell you the truth, I just don't care. I'm on the list to get info on TMBG, not who happens to be libertarian. As a sort of addendum to an earlier question, has "Fingertips" ever been performed on stage? -CJ `'*,. Bell Labs UNIX -- Reach out and grep someone .,*'` `'*,.,*'`'*,. .,*'`'*,.,*'` CJ Kucera `'*.,______________________________,.*'`kucecj@sncac.snc.edu "Cyborg" <<>> St. Norbert College ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 09:34:09 -0500 (EST) From: Carson Herrick Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-86 > From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) > REALLY? Q101 played Snail Shell???!!!??!!??!!! And I MISSED it?????????? > Do you realize that's the absolute coolest thing anyone's ever told me???? > Dang it, now I wanna go back home and get another Q101 fix (I go to college > way the heck up in Wisconsin, where there's no such thing as a cool station > like Q101.....) I'm FROM Wisconsin, but I move to Knoxville, TN to go to school. The way I see it. YOU'RE luckier, Christopher, because at least THEY do concerts in Madison every once in a while. The chances of a TMBG concert happening in Tennessee anytime soon are... NONE!!! ...but I have heard THEIR songs on the radio (94-Z) on rare occasion. Anyone else south of Philly and east of St. Louis, who would like to see a TMBG concert WITHOUT having to drive 9 hours...say "HIGH"!!! Carson (no cigar, no lady on his arm) ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: Q101, etc.... Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:52:14 -0600 (CST) > The way I see it. YOU'RE luckier, Christopher, because at least THEY do > concerts in Madison every once in a while. Heh, heh, heh.... As in... This Sunday? :P BTW, call me CJ or Chris... Or "Pez" or "Cyborg" if you like some of my other nicknames.... -CJ `'*,. Bell Labs UNIX -- Reach out and grep someone .,*'` `'*,.,*'`'*,. .,*'`'*,.,*'` CJ Kucera `'*.,______________________________,.*'`kucecj@sncac.snc.edu "Cyborg" <<>> St. Norbert College ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:03:18 -0500 (EST) From: "Joni M. Back" Subject: POLITICS--take it outside, please!!! Hey, Guys-- I havent' written for awhile. So, I was reading my digest this morning with great interest...BUT! I need to make one suggestion: Could we please hold political discussions privately? Politics are something that annoy and discust me. THis list is to talk about TMBG and related topics. I honestly don't see how discussion of abortion or the working class or the fiscal year relate to any of that at all. ALSO--none of us share exactly the same beliefs--politally or religiously. I think there might be some people who are discusted by various topics discussed, but they choose to keep their mouths shut. I will not offer my opinions here. I don't discourage your discussion--other peoples' opinions cause one to think about what they REALLY believe. Just, please, people, take it outside. We don't need to hear it. Thank you thank you thank you. The Party-pooper, Joni ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 09:40:31 -0600 (CST) From: Joseph Puscas Subject: Re: Dissapearing/cursed flood cds... I have to coment on this disapeering disk thing, I lost my original copy of flood when I moved in high school. My present copy I stole from my ex girlfriend, so I guess she has a dissapeering flood also. wierd *----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The greatest trick the Devil ever played was making people believe he didn't exist I believe in the devil and the only thing I fear is Kaiser Sohltze -The Usual Suspects *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:39:59 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Subject: Something to chuckle about....... Mornin'! While on the subject of TMBG appearances. While living in Charlottesville, VA there was a really cool radio station that I'm pretty sure was run by UVa. Anyhoo, for a fund raiser they once had the John's asking for loot to help the station keep going. It went a little somethin' like this: John: "Hi, I'm David Bowie... John: "...and this is Phalicia Rashad(sp?) of they might be giants asking you to give money to, blah, blah..(he didn't actually say "blah, blah, blah". I just dont't remember what it was he said.) John: "Again, this is Phalicia Rashad..... John: "....and Paul Tsongas of they might be giants." It was a really cool sound bite. For refernce, Phalicia Rashad (sp?) was Bill Cosby's wife on that all-time popular 80's classic, "the Cosby Show". PEACE! drg ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden - S" Subject: RE: Vinyl mysteries Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 07:50:00 P where do you buy all of these things on vinyl? I want to get some of TMBG's stuff on vinyl. That would be awesome Brenden - nednerB ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 11:07:23 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff To who ever asked which one I liked better, Mono Puff or State Songs. Well thats kinda hard because I like the State Songs for South Caralonia and Mono Puff for Unsupervised. But I do like most of the songs on both but I would have to say State Songs beacuse they sound more musicy. Although I do like state songs and mono puff I think they are better as They might be giants and really really good when they do songs together (Like Subliminal, Become a Robot, etc). Proablly the songs I like best are the ones they do together (siniging and writting). But I do think it would be cool if they put Become a Robot on thier next album along with Tropical Paridise (aka A wonderful song) (thats another cool song), and Now That I Have Everything and maybe King Of Wingo (its pretty catchy) oh yeah and Spirilaing Shapes. But the song I would most like to see them put on an album is Become a Robot. What do you think? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 11:26:51 -0500 (EST) From: Chief Jokester Subject: Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, * jenn * wrote: > share it. at my college (Drexel, anyone know of it?) TMBG were supposed to Of course. In fact, it is a scientific fact that all Philly schools (except Villa- No- Fun) rock. It's just that simple. Brendan Brendan Sullivan, Palindrome, Navillus Nadnerb bs069875@sjuphil.sju.edu 1-610-660-2464 Let's Go Hawks! Beat 'Bama! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:34:27 From: Momaw@gnn.com (Josh Younger) Subject: Re: Vinyl mysteries >where do you buy all of these things on vinyl? I want to get some of > TMBG's stuff on vinyl. That would be awesome I agree. I know you can get them from that magazine. Can you get them at concerts? What can you get at concerts? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 11:38:43 -0500 (EST) From: Craig Whyte Subject: Power of Dial-a-Song & Radio Ramblings With the obligatory thank you to 'Nette (Thanks 'Nette!) I finally got the chance to listen to her copy of the Power of Dial-a-Song tape. I have just one thing to say about it... just amazing. The released songs sound great and the unreleased songs are really good (IMHO, if Freaksicle ever comes out "Concrete and Clay" should be on it). But alas there are some problems with the tape; it's not mine and the audio quality is really bad. So I'm asking for your help. If anyone has a good copy of the tape they want to sell or has any info on obtaining the tape please e-mail me privately. Thanks in advance. About TMBG on radio: In Oct. 1994 "Sleeping in the Flowers" debuted at #15 on WTSR's "Alternate Trax" show. It was the only week it was in the countdown. When the next album comes out, i'm sure more songs will be there because I will play the album a lot. My next show- 03/27: not something from Misc. T, but "Put your head inside the Puppet Head" for 'Nette and Robin. It will be played at 8am, not 10:55am like last time. :p To Boba: I can get "Whistling in the Dark" on at the beginning of my show on 4/3, but you would have to be within 30 miles of Trenton to hear it. Thats all for now, I must write my literature paper now. Craig, who Tracy may put on one of her Top 10 lists soon (yeesh...) ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: CURSE OF THE FLOOD!!!! Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:39:00 -0600 (CST) Once upon a time there was a magical land known as Froombar. This land was a happy land, where everyone was happy all the time, and there were no fights or thefts or any other of the nasty, bad crimes. The people of Froombar lived out their whole lives in peace and harmony. The village of Froombar was a neighboring village to Pronduix. The people of Pronduix were nice, well-adjusted people who always kept their beautiful city nice and proper. The people of Froombar enjoyed a wonderful relationship with the people from Pronduix. They would play games together and not keep score, treat each other to lunch, lend out their horses to each other when one wasn't feeling well, and they shared all that they had to offer. In other words, they were living a pretty dang good life. Then, one bright summer day, a traveler was seen on the horizon coming from the Great Mountains. The people of Froombar and Pronduix sprung to attention and rejoiced, for there were few travelers that went through the neighboring villages. The two towns decided to send out a small caravan to meet the stranger and offer him food and water for the rest of the way to the village, for the day was very hot, and they wouldn't want their visitor to die halfway to the towns. Because Froombar was closest to the traveler, they were the ones who went out to greet the stranger. The people of Pronduix didn't mind, because they knew that the traveler would come to their town eventually. The caravan departed from the small city, met the traveler, who was very exhausted by this time, and let him sleep in the back of one of the carriages so that he might tell wonderous stories of the rest of the world to the people in the city. Before he fell asleep, though, the traveler was very adamant about letting anyone into his large, mysterious bag he was carrying. The people in the caravan, while curious, respected his wishes and let him sleep. That night, the traveler dined with the High Council of Froombar and told his story... "My name is Grenxadel. I come to you from the legendary Land of the Giants. This is a truly magical place where dreams can be dreamt and wishes can come true. I have traveled all around the world spreading their word and creating peace and harmony wherever I go!" The High Council listened on to hear of all the wonderful things this "Land of the Giants" had to offer, and were much impressed. The descriptions were very appealing to the High Council of Froombar, and it was idyllic even to them. It seemed as though it was from the great land of Muktuk (see footnote A), the God they worshipped in Froombar and Pronduix. In the middle of Grenxadel's speech, he paused and hefted his myserious bag up on the table in front of him. "This is an offering from the Land of the Giants. I bring it to you as proof that this land does, indeed exist, because you may have been having problems believing all that I have told to you." He opened the bag and a heavenly glow poured out of the opening. He took out some shiny, round discs looking somewhat like small frisbees, and some slightly larger mechanic objects with wires coming out of them. He passed around one to each of the people in the room, and it was obvious that there were many, many more still left in the bag. As the stunned and confused Froombarians examined the equipment, they noticed that the magical disc had the word "FLOOD" inscribed on it somehow, and the other, black object had the word "SONY" written promisciously on its cover. "This is what you must do! Open the Magical Discman of Noise (TM) and place the disc inside of it. Place that other little part there on top of your head, so that the Magical Foamy Parts (TM) cover your ears. Now, press the button labeled 'Play...'" And the people of Froombar heard the heavenly noise and spend the rest of the night captivated and entranced by the magical FLOOD's music.... *** Soon, everyone in Froombar had one of the Magical Discs and the Magical Discman of Noise (TM), and the activity in the town slowed down to a near stop as people simply couldn't tear themselves away from these wonderful sounds. Sadly, Grenxadel realized that he had finally run out of his stores of Gifts, and he set out to make the long journey back to the Land of the Giants. He promised to return one day, with more tidings of goodwill and posterity. The people in Pronduix were confused by the whole situation. Grenxadel had only stayed in Froombar for a week or so, and he had left unexpectedly before ever visiting Pronduix. And all of their friends from Froombar now did nothing all day but listen to this evidentally magical sound. They tried talking to the people of Froombar, but usually all they got was a smile, and a short rambling mentioning something about Particles or some mysterious place called Istanbul (_NOT_ Constantinople, the people of Froombar were very exact about pointing out). The worst part was that the people of Froombar weren't sharing their wonderful new experience with the people of Pronduix. They were too busy absorbing it themselves. Never having encountered a situation like this before, the people from Pronduix retreated back to their village, and were forced to play the games by themselves, and not with their friends like they used to. A dark time came upon the twin villages of Froombar and Pronduix. The crops no longer flourished. The Summer Games went unnoticed. The people of Pronduix were incessantly miserable, and the people of Froombar, however happy, were merely sitting around in an apathetic slump that wouldn't go away. Eventually, after another Winter and another Summer, the situation only got worse. The magical FLOOD was so powerful that it had erased everyone's knowledge of anything else, and they were completely infused with the spirit of the Magical Disc, unable to do anything else. The people of Pronduix finally got fed up with all of it at this point, and stormed over to Froombar to demand that they get off their butts and do something about the earth that was dying where the crops used to be. Enraged that the people of Froombar were no longer able to even respond to yelling and shouting without shouting "Leave a nightlight on!", the people of Pronduix were about ready to declare war on Froombar when the Great Muktuk intervened with almighty power. "THIS INVENTION KNOWN AS FLOOD HAS BROUGHT A SCOURGE ONTO MY GREAT LAND!!! THIS MAGICK WAS CLEARLY NOT MEANT FOR MORTALS LIKE YOURSELF!!! YOU SIMPLY CAN'T COPE WITH IT!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS!!!" And with that, all of the copies of FLOOD disappeared as well as all of the Magical Discmen of Noise (TM), and the people of Froombar were shaken out of their two-year stupor. "I HEREBY DECLARE THAT NO MORTAL SHALL EVER BE ALLOWED TO OWN, POSSESS, LISTEN TO, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY THINK ABOUT THIS SOUND KNOWN AS FLOOD! LET IT BE DONE.... _NOW!_" And thus it was. *** The years passed, and things returned to their happy, normal self for a very long time. The people of Froombar apologized profusely for what they had done, and the Pronduixians accepted the apology very gracefully. However, Muktuk's almighty curse eventually lost some of its potency, and in what was known as the year 1990, the magical entity known as FLOOD was once again known to the world. However, even with Froombar and Pronduix long forgotten, Muktuk's curse was still in effect, and is even today. The world may never really be free of this horrible declaration...... The moral of the story is: Don't let people from Froombar have a copy of Flood. Ever. THE END Footnote A: Muktuk is the lesser God that rules over the St. Norbert College Computer Network... ie: If you want something to print correctly, etc, pray to Muktuk or sacrifice an orange to him or something. Name used with permission. --------------------------- This was a completely original, and (surprisingly enough) _NOT_ drug-induced story by the twisted and demented mind of CJ Kucera. If anyone wants to help contribute to my creative mind, please send your credit card number and any other relavent information to "kucecj@sncac.snc.edu". Thank you for your support. `'*,. Bell Labs UNIX -- Reach out and grep someone .,*'` `'*,.,*'`'*,. .,*'`'*,.,*'` CJ Kucera `'*.,______________________________,.*'`kucecj@sncac.snc.edu "Cyborg" <<>> St. Norbert College ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 11:55:19 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Chief Jokester wrote: > Of course. In fact, it is a scientific fact that all Philly schools > (except Villa- No- Fun) rock. It's just that simple. Unfortunately, it takes away from the nearby NJschools.... :( I don't think They have ever played here at Trenton State, or even considered it.... correct me if I'm wrong........ It would totally kick a$$ if They did, though. Maybe if I ask really nicely...... 'Nette ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:01:03 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Adam P. Fistler wrote: > But the song I would most like to see them put on an album is Become a > Robot. What do you think? Well, in all honesty, I've never heard it...... I'll assume it is good (it would be unfair to assume it sucks right off, since so little of Their material is bad..... but anyway..... in fact, it's highly unlikely that it is at all bad. Where was I? Oh, yeah.....) Does anyone here know about the next album? Is it coming out soon, or is it also "indefinately postponed" like Freakcicle? So many questions....... Just me, 'Nette _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < >< ><@><.>< >< > "..... and a di di di, dah dah dah, and whatever the hell else you wanna put in there....." - Martin Short *--------------------------------------------------------------- "I hit my head; now I'm left-handed" - Flanny, "Unsupervised.." *--------------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost, aka Carola Iris, who hasn't been quoted...... but is convinced that it IS possible to walk through earwax! <_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_><_> ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 11:24:03 -0600 (CST) From: mr_me Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-86 well, i am from San Antonio, Texas, i heard They played there once, but i missed it. i doubt They will ever come this far south again. oh well, someday i'm gonna move up north so i can see them all the time, but it's so cold up there so maybe not anytime soon. ok, whatever. just wanted to add my little bit. -john ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:26:49 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Subject: Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG 'Nette wrote: > Unfortunately, it takes away from the nearby NJschools.... :( I don't > think They have ever played here at Trenton State, or even considered _NEW JERSEY?!?!?!?!_ Get a rope............... grd ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 12:40:09 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff > Well, in all honesty, I've never heard it...... I'll assume it is good > (it would be unfair to assume it sucks right off, since so little of > Their material is bad..... but anyway..... in fact, it's highly unlikely > that it is at all bad. Where was I? Oh, yeah.....) Does anyone here know > about the next album? Is it coming out soon, or is it also "indefinately > postponed" like Freakcicle? So many questions....... > Yeah and what ever happend to Crap? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:38:37 -0500 (EST) From: Robert Bird Subject: Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Adam P. Fistler wrote: > >Although I do like state songs and mono puff I think they are better >as They might be giants and really really good when they do songs >together (Like Subliminal, Become a Robot, etc). Proablly the songs I >like best are the ones they do together (siniging and writting). > If I'm not mistaken, Subliminal is actually 4 different Linnells singing, and not both Johns together. At least I'm assuming you're referring to the album version. I have yet to see or hear it live (why won't they come to Tennessee, @#$% it!!!). Bob P.S. to Carson: I've also heard TMBG on the UT station once or twice, but it's not worth putting up with the other crap to listen for it. 94Z is much better. And they take requests. 656-594Z :) -- Robert Bird "Mammal, mammal...Their names are called, rbird@utk.edu they raise a paw: the bat, the cat... University of Tennessee dolphin and dog, koala bear and hog..." http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~bird - They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 12:42:36 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Vinyl mysteries > >where do you buy all of these things on vinyl? I want to get > some of > > TMBG's stuff on vinyl. That would be awesome > > I agree. I know you can get them from that magazine. > > Can you get them at concerts? What can you get at concerts? > > No you can't get them from concerts, you get them from long hours of serching Music Stores that nobody went into in a koons age or in dangous areas where people don't like that kinda of music. So far I found Don't Lets Start, They'll Need A Craine, The US Birdhouse in Your soul, twisting and Istanbul promos in vinal. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: concerts Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:07:15 -0500 (EST) > > > From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) > > > REALLY? Q101 played Snail Shell???!!!??!!??!!! And I MISSED it?????????? > > Do you realize that's the absolute coolest thing anyone's ever told me???? > > Dang it, now I wanna go back home and get another Q101 fix (I go to college > > way the heck up in Wisconsin, where there's no such thing as a cool station > > like Q101.....) > > I'm FROM Wisconsin, but I move to Knoxville, TN to go to school. > The way I see it. YOU'RE luckier, Christopher, because at least THEY do > concerts in Madison every once in a while. > The chances of a TMBG concert happening in Tennessee anytime soon are... > NONE!!! > ...but I have heard THEIR songs on the radio (94-Z) on rare occasion. > > Anyone else south of Philly and east of St. Louis, who would like to see > a TMBG concert WITHOUT having to drive 9 hours...say "HIGH"!!! They played 3 concerts in DC in 2 months I think and that sure is south of Philly by about 3 hours, oh and they played in Baltimore, Columbia, MD so actually they played 9 concerts in less than 1 year south of Philly. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:08:00 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Robert Bird: >If I'm not mistaken, Subliminal is actually 4 different Linnells singing, >and not both Johns together. At least I'm assuming you're referring to >the album version. I have yet to see or hear it live (why won't they >come to Tennessee, @#$% it!!!). On the album, it is indeed two Linnells singing for most of the song; at the end, I believe it's two Linnells (one for "Subliminal, Subliminal" and one for "Stare into the subliminal for as long as you can") and a Flansburgh (also singing "Stare...", but offset a couple measures). Hence the L/L/F entry in the Who Sings What list. ============================================ Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu Chris Bongaarts My opinions are my own, http://umn.edu/~cab Univ. of Minnesota and they are right. CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) GCS d-- s+:+ a22 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N+ o+ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.12] ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: new songs Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:31:57 -0500 (EST) Could somebody list all of the new songs they have been playing this year? I'm curious as to how many new ones they have made. I wonder when the new album will be out (is this still rumor or definite?) I think I may rent the TMBG movie this weekend if I have time as I have yet to see this 1970s movie. Has anyone out there never seen snow? I couldn't imagine anyone in the states hasn't except possibly if you live in Hawaii. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 10:19:59 From: "Hefley, Paula" Subject: Hello Recordings Hi there. Does anybody out there happen to know to which god I must sacrifice my best goat in order to get a response from the Hello Recording Club? I have called/mailed in several requests for a brochure and have received zip. (I know California is a long way from New York, but this is getting out of hand.) Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share... Suzy B (No, I'm not P. Hefley, but it's a long story.) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 13:26:12 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff > If I'm not mistaken, Subliminal is actually 4 different Linnells singing, > and not both Johns together. At least I'm assuming you're referring to > the album version. I have yet to see or hear it live (why won't they > come to Tennessee, @#$% it!!!). What I was reffering to is that they both wrote it, Flans did the music and Linnell did the singing. (I belive Flans says the he likes to make the music sound good so he concentrates on the music and Linnell is more concerned with the lyrics so he wrong the lyrics) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:34:11 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Mono Puff and stuff... I've been gone... What'd I miss? Interesting and Hopefull Story: In the music store a couple days ago, I came across one of those computers with all of the CD's in it. I looked up TMBG, like I always do when I come across one of those. This time though, something was different. It said "See John Flansburg". I went to John Flansburg, and the only CD there was Mono Puff. At first, I thought that this was the HELLO CD that we have all come to know and love. But then it occoured to me... Why would this special order CD be in the computer? So I went to Mono Puff, and the only info it had was RELEASE DATE: 1996. The HELLO CD wasn't released in 1996, was it? No, it wasnt. My conclusion is that this is a foreshadowing that the fabled full length Mono-puff CD will be released in stores, and not just through HELLO. Yay! Liam ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 14:03:57 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: new songs > Could somebody list all of the new songs they have been playing > this year? I'm curious as to how many new ones they have made. > I wonder when the new album will be out (is this still rumor or > definite?) So far I have heard: Spiraling Shapes and The Joker but with upcomming concerts who knows? And I still think the new album is just a rumour. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:05:37 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: RE: Vinyl mysteries On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Rensink, Brenden - S wrote: > > where do you buy all of these things on vinyl? I want to get some of > TMBG's stuff on vinyl. That would be awesome Another fan of vinyl...good...very good! I usually find all my vinyl either at used record stores (which there are a lot of in downtown Toronto) or at garage sales. However, if that doesn't work for you, you can always try ordering Their records from the TMBG catalogue. Hope I've helped. Alex ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:06:11 E From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Subject: politica et cetera.... Um yeah I am not liking the whole political argument thing either... keep it in your pants as they say. Because Craig wanted to be in a top ten list: Tracy's Top Ten TMBG Songs that Craig Whyte sings to Himself in The Shower Every Morning Before He Gets On the Radio: 10. Craig Got Me High 9. Craig's An Angel 8. Dig My Craig 7. Why Does the Craig Shine? 6. Destination Craig 5. No One Knows My Craig 4. Someone Keeps Moving My Craig 3. Istanbul (Craig Constantinople) 2. Particle Craig 1. We Want a Craig I have never been friends with anyone named Craig and have therefore never typed it so much before and it starts to look pretty kooky after the fourth or fifth time. Have a spiffarooni day...time for Art History :) Tracy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:10:27 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: Vinyl mysteries On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Josh Younger wrote: > Can you get them at concerts? What can you get at concerts? I've never seen them selling Their music in any format at concerts. They only sell shirts, and at the RIT show, They gave away stickers with the purple starburst in the background and the big word THEY in the foreground, with Might Be Giants printed in the banner fromed by the letter Y in THEY (wow, too complicated an explination for a sticker?!) I don't remember them selling anything else, although I could be wrong. Alex ------------------------------ From: "Dan the Man" Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:24:41 +500 EST Subject: New Stuff! I went to a show in New York three weeks ago; they played quite a bit of new stuff. It sounded pretty good but They haven't ironed out all of the kinks. I kinda new around hear and was wondering if it possible to get any odd-ball items; (Music other than the main albums). Thanks Dan ------------------------------ From: BenRayJ@aol.com Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:43:51 -0500 Subject: Apollo and No more politics. I too have a shuffle feature that adds a second of the following song to the songs on Apollo 18. I always figured it was something to do with the shortness of all the Fingertips songs. As one of the instigators of the political discussion (actually it was Paul Sebolds fault: ask a controversial question) I too am sick of it. I am totally politiced out. I would like to thank those who agreed with me and then make this pledge: I will never again send a political message to this list unless it directly relates to TMBG or their songs. Anyway I have a paper due in 2 and a half hours and I am not done so...Tata Ben Jacobson "Shoulder, bicep, elbow, arm" Dinner Bell ------------------------------ From: Bejezus@aol.com Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:14:06 -0500 Subject: Right-winga Conservative here and darn proud! By the way did you know that conservatives are today what liberals used to be so you see, all these silly little labels don't really matter anyway. Latro, Brother JohnBejezus P.S.-Forgive my ignorance but who is Emo Phillips? He sounds really funny. ------------------------------ From: PRINE_A@whittier.edu Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 13:24:49 -0700 (PDT) Subject: only in dreams Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my little dream about John Flansburgh I had last night. All I remember is that John was in my dorm room, only it wasn't my dorm room, and we were reading this list together. Then he started going off about how weird and freaky all the people on the list are and that they kind of scared him sometimes. Then he left and the dream continued with other unTMBGrelated things like me overflowing the toilet and flooding my whole dorm, but you don't want to hear about that. Amy T. "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of." -tMBg ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:50:32 -0500 (EST) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: Re: Vinyl mysteries On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Alex Gershon wrote: > On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Josh Younger wrote: > > > Can you get them at concerts? What can you get at concerts? > > I've never seen them selling Their music in any format at concerts. They > only sell shirts, and at the RIT show, They gave away stickers with the > purple starburst in the background and the big word THEY in the > foreground, with Might Be Giants printed in the banner fromed by the > letter Y in THEY (wow, too complicated an explination for a sticker?!) > I don't remember them selling anything else, although I could be wrong. > > Alex > They also sell bumper stickers sometimes. I also heard that they sell their own brand of coffee at some shows. And that's all. Mike "The T-shirt money goes to us!!"-Flans at RIT show 02/03/96 ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:56:08 -0500 Subject: The New stuff @ ML. [Diclaimer: I have an eye infection and can't see too well. I'm not supposed to be computer-ing or reading, but as long as I squint with my good eye and none of you tell my eye doctor, we're all peachy. In short, forgive me if there are raging typos in this.] Here's the list of new stuff I've heard during my three weeks at the Mercury Lounge shows: --Unforgotten --Metal (? Not sure if that's a song or just Their way of describing a wacky intro to Ana Ng.) --The Spiralling Shape --XTC vs. Adam Ant --Reprehensible --Certain (A Certain Name?) --Older --SEXXY --Counterfeit Faker --On The Drag --THeY Got Lost (There have been two versions. The first lyrics, which were about the crew waiting around for THeM to show up at the club, which are now forever lost to the world, and the second version which talks about a DJ waiting around for THeM to show up at a radio station. But THeY got lost, of course.) Supposedly, there are going to be more this week. And if you think I am going to let "inflammatory keratitis" keep me from going, well... ha! Love, Brooks. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:02:39 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Ben's Fold-A-Song Ben or Been here ye. Ben's Dial-A-Song now features a fun ditty by Ben Folds Five called "Julianne." Check it out, as Axl Rose. (614) 823-BLUE Love, mittens, Glove, kittens, Ben or Been ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:10:28 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: mighty mighty bosstones and TMBG On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, David Gonzalez wrote: > > > Unfortunately, it takes away from the nearby NJschools.... :( I don't > > think They have ever played here at Trenton State, or even considered > > _NEW JERSEY?!?!?!?!_ Get a rope............... What would I do with said rope? Tie up J&J and force them to perform in my room? (Hey, that's a good idea...... TRACY! GET OVER HERE! I GOT 'EM!!) Tee hee!! 'Nette ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:12:27 -0500 (EST) From: "Jeanette, the lost Warner sib" Subject: Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Adam P. Fistler wrote: > > Yeah and what ever happend to Crap? I think it was flushed. (ooooh, bad pun. Please send all flames to someone else. I just had to say it........ ) 'Nette ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:17:00 -0500 (EST) From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: Vinyl mysteries Alex Gershon wrote: >I've never seen them selling Their music in any format at concerts. They >only sell shirts [...] They sold the WDTSS single (CD and vinyl) at concerts... m@t ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:32:11 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: The list OK, you guys, there have been questions, so I'll clarify: About the list that we're voting on, if you want to contribute to that send those things to ME! Not the digest, ME, as in Ana Ng, as in kerrel@uwec.edu as in ME ME ME!!!! YOu have until the 31st. I need them to be sent to me instead of to the list so it doesn't get clogged. Thanks. :) Please contribute Ana Ng kerrel@uwec.edu ------------------------------ From: Andrew John CALLAGHAN Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 09:30:58 +1100 (EST) Subject: Re: new songs On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Matthew James wrote: > Could somebody list all of the new songs they have been playing > this year? I'm curious as to how many new ones they have made. > I wonder when the new album will be out (is this still rumor or > definite?) > I think I may rent the TMBG movie this weekend if I have time as I > have yet to see this 1970s movie. > Has anyone out there never seen snow? I couldn't imagine anyone in > the states hasn't except possibly if you live in Hawaii. > Matt > -- There was a TMBG Movie? Anyone in Australia know where I can get a copy???? (Also, in response, I've never seen snow, though we may be going skiing this winter ;)) On another note, I've got a friend going ti the US in April, where & when r the Johns playing around then???? Andrew - Actual Size, but much bigger to you ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:42:29 -0500 Subject: Re: Mono Puff/ State Songs and stuff >If I'm not mistaken, Subliminal is actually 4 different Linnells singing, >and not both Johns together. At least I'm assuming you're referring to >the album version. I have yet to see or hear it live (why won't they >come to Tennessee, @#$% it!!!). You're right about it being different tracks of Linnell singing on "Subliminal," although Flans did do background vocals during the live version I was recently privileged to witness (twice in one night!). It's common for Flans to do background for live performances of songs which Linnell does the background for on the actual recordings (like "Ana Ng" and "Birdhouse"). Kay ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:36:35 -0600 (CST) From: "John E. Neely" Subject: Poiltics (delete if you wish) First, I want to say that I've really enjoyed these disscussions, and if you guys start sending them in private email, please include me in the "PoliticoDebate" list. I love TMBG, but i find this kind thoughtful stuff much more interesting than "I live this song, I live that song" (which I'm guilty of, too). Also, I'm glad it has remained thoughtful, instead of degenerating into mindless, insulting flames. > >Well for one thing they suck and probably never have and never will make it > >above #1000 on the charts. Why do all of you people waste you lives > >listening to their crappy music. You should listen to some good music. I > >know all you losers like at least one good band. > >"Our little group has always been and always will until the end"-Kurt > >Cobain, Smells Like Teen Spirit What really gets me is that this guy is the kind of close-minded reactionary "you suck, I don't" that Kurt Cobain hated. I can't stand it, all these Nirvana fans (many in my school) who just don't seem to understand what KC meant when he said (in the "Incesticide" liner notes) "If you in any way put down women, minorities, or homosexuals, do us a favor and leave us the **** alone". > chaos is preferable to everyone run about like scared pigeons talking with > their friends (who happen to have identical haircuts and style of dress) > about how much they love Silverchair (how could they do that to C.S. Lewis?) > and Alanis Morrisette. Subscribing to such a grouping (or, slighty worse, a > R&B grouping) is something that I find horribly repulsive, regardless of how > many fake friends it will get you I agree totally. I know many of these types (also bigoted Nirvana fans). This goes with the identity debate. It's okay to belong to a group, but what I don't like is how in today's American society, if you don't fit in perfectly with any group, you have no identity. You are considered a *zero*, unless you become a memeber of the group called "the freaks". You may be mentally free, have a clear concience, and be able to think for yourself, but you're stuck on the outside, and you're bored and lonely as hell. > >Imagine walking up to someone and having > >no preconcieved notions of how they will act. Are they going to hit you or > >bow down and kiss your feet. This goes far beyond the meeting phase of a What is this supposed to mean? When you meet someone, they don't have "liberal", "conservative", or anything else written on their foreheads. And even when you find out what their beliefs are, they (hopefully) won't behave, talk, and think just like everyone else with those beliefs. > As I tried to point out in my last > letter (if that is what you call these things) everyone belongs to some group > whether they want to or not. T "Everyone in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't try to kid yourself" -- Frank Zappa As a side note, I'm reading FZ's book, and in the "current events" epilogue, he says something about the AIDS stats, then he observes that he saw in a book a copy of a Senate document, from 1969, I think, that mentioned the possibility of a US biological weapon (virus) that would target the human immune system. I hope I don't sound like a paranoid conspiricy freak, but even the farthest, remotest *possibilty* of a connection between the two is truly terrifying. > little off. There are a fair amount of conservative young people (not a > majority by any means) but the main cause of that I think is the many > kids that haven't thought long enough to develope an opinion, and just > accept that of their friends, TV, and stereo for the time being. Think > for yourself people, regardles of what conclusion you come to, think for > yourself. I totally agree that too many people, of all ages, never think beyond what they are told, whatever that may be. Like if CNN says one candidate is ahead, people vote for him, so then he is ahead. On anarchists: read "The Book of Merlyn" by T.H. White, the long-lost conslusion to "The Once and Future King". It's a logical, scathing put down of humans in general and especially violence and war. It also talks about how the only way to totally prevent war is to abolish all nations and other institutions above the individual. Like Lennon's Imagine, if people have nothing to fight over, they won't. The problem is that all the good things about civilization would probably disappear, too. Also, people naturally group under leaders, and we'd be in the fedual Dark Ages again. I apologize for no TMBG, but like someone has said, I think the J&J would approve of this thread. %%% jneely01@mail.orion.org %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "....the god Thoth-Hermes granted him original enlightenment by murmuring, `Uh, look, I groove with the problem, baby, but dig, we gotta put carrots in or it ain't no stew.'" --Robert Sheckley ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:47:51 -0600 (CST) From: Adam Procter Subject: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) At 02:59 AM 3/26/96 -0500, you wrote: > My Apollo 18 CD plays normally in shuffle mode, I guess any >problem anybody might have stems from the CD player itself. Apollo 18 plays strangely in shuffle mode because Fingertips is broken up into 20 or so tracks. Space Suit listed as track 38 is no joke. -- Adam Procter aprocter@mail.coin.missouri.edu ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:56:21 -0600 (CST) From: Adam Procter Subject: Re: politica et cetera.... At 02:06 PM 3/26/96 E, you wrote: >Tracy's Top Ten TMBG Songs that Craig Whyte sings to Himself in The Shower >Every Morning Before He Gets On the Radio: > [etc] What about "They'll need a Craig?" -- Adam Procter aprocter@mail.coin.missouri.edu ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 21:21:28 -0500 (EST) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) > At 02:59 AM 3/26/96 -0500, you wrote: > > > My Apollo 18 CD plays normally in shuffle mode, I guess any > >problem anybody might have stems from the CD player itself. > > Apollo 18 plays strangely in shuffle mode because Fingertips is > broken up into 20 or so tracks. Space Suit listed as track 38 is no joke. > -- > Adam Procter > aprocter@mail.coin.missouri.edu > > Hey, um...I know. Mike. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 23:02:28 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: Right-winga On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 Bejezus@aol.com wrote: > P.S.-Forgive my ignorance but who is Emo Phillips? He sounds really funny. My suggestion is to rent UHF (the weird AL flick), and look for the shop teacher who cuts his thumb off with a bandsaw...that's Emo..."Just call me butterfingers!" That's a good place to start. He's also got a hard to find album call E=MO^2 (which I have on tape, autographed by him...hee hee), and an equally hard to find video called Emo, Live at the Hasty Pudding Theater. I realize this doesn't tell you much about who he is...but that's kinda tough to do, so you should find out for yourself. "I'm upset cause I loaned a friend of mine $8000 for plastic surgery...and now I don't know what he looks like!" -Emo Philips Alex ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 22:12:50 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-81 Sorry to be responding to such an old thread, but I've had a lot of catching up to do... Fave John: While I have absolutely nothing against Flans, I must admit I've had something of a crush on Linnell for some time now. Maybe it's the accordion, I dunno. :) Fave album: It's usually Lincoln, but I've been listening to A18 quite a bit lately. Fave song: My all-time favorite is probably She's An Angel, but right now See The Constellation, End Of The Tour, Nightgown of the Sullen Moon, It's Not My Birthday, and Don't Let's Start are close behind. Geez--I try to name one favorite song and I end up naming six. Oh, and to anybody who was at the Mercury Lounge show on the 21st--what did they play in the first set at the 8:00 show? I'm curious, 'cause I missed the whole first set. Because of a number of, uh, little mishaps, my friend and I missed the first 45 minutes of the show. It was really kind of funny because not too long after we got there, they played that presumably new (?) song, "They Got Lost." It was so funny because it just echoed all the problems we'd been having in getting there. It was a great show...at least what I saw of it, anyway. :) --Tara -- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: otann Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 01:01:30 -0500 (EST) Well I'm finally getting the O'Tannenbaum record since I talked to my friend in England and she said that the record won't play on British record players. I can't remember, is the b-side to that called Christmas Cards? Or was it something else? Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-87 *****************************