Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-91 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 91 Sunday, 31 March 1996 Today's Topics: It is late Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) (none) Re: Ok, I find this weird TO RYAN!! (sorry guys!) Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) Re: TMBG's Cover of "You Oughta Know" A18 Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) Re: your mail Re: Dance Hall Crashers film-o-rama Linnell Re: Linnell Re: Linnell They and Camper Van Lyrics Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 03:16:08 -0500 (EST) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: It is late Well, it's three AM and I am going to bed now. I just thought you might all like to know this. Once again I will say that sleep is a large and pleasant part of my life and if it was possible to spend more of my day sleeping than I already do without it conflicting with my everyday activities as well as societal norms (tho' I don't much care for societal norms) I would. I know excessive sleep is a sign of laziness to some people, and we are all made to feel like sleep is only to be considered an essential function and nothing more. Well I am lazy, I must admit it, but that fact notwithstanding I find a calm in restful slumber that is unparalleled...except for the experience of listening to TMBG. I also think we use more of our brains while dreaming than we do while awake; this explains why our dreamworlds are often more fascinating and detailed than our waking world. I think maybe I shouldn't have written this but it's too late now. Oh well. Maybe I shouldn't send it. It's not too late to make that decision. No, I could very easily just cancel this whole thing and put a stop to it before I do something I might regret. That wouldn't be too hard, though I feel a weird urge not to follow my more reasonable instinct. I can still do the right thing but I worry that I might not. What if I did push that send button and then ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 11:39:26 -0600 (CST) From: Adam Procter Subject: Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Andrew John CALLAGHAN wrote: > Where did you get your copy from? My (and everyone I know's) copy has all > of Fingertips in one large chunk of song. If you've got individual tracks > on your CD, then I think you've got a very special copy indeed. > I think it was at either Musicland or Camelot Music... Adam Procter aprocter@mail.coin.missouri.edu -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GCS/CM d- s++:- a13>? C++++>++++ UL>++++ P? L++>+++++ E----@ W>++ N o? K- w O-@ M--(-) V? PS++@ PE-@ Y+>++ PGP t+ 5? X R tv++(+++) b+(+++) DI- D++>++++ G e-->++++ h!>++ !r y? ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 18:59:38 +0100 From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) Organization: Replay and Company UnLimited This May sound stupid, But who are they might be Giants. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 13:14:52 -0500 From: John Murray Organization: Virginia Tech Subject: Re: Anonymous wrote: > > This May sound stupid, But who are they might be Giants. I think this might be a joke but here it goes anyway. You asked you they are: They might be giants (boy) They might be giants They might be rain They might be heat They might be frying up a stalk of wheat They might be giants (boy) They might be giants They might be brain They might be washed They might be Dr. Spock's back-up band To make the merry-go-round go faster So that everyone needs to hang on tighter Just to keep from being thrown to the wolves Tabloid footprints in your hair Tabloid footprints everywhere We can't be silent 'Cause they might be giants And what are we going to do unless they are They might be giants (boy) They might be giants They might be bald They might be snow They might be something else in the snow Hang on tight They might be giants (boy) They might be giants They might be fake They might be lies They might be big, big, fake, fake lies Tabloid footprints in your hair Tabloid footprints everywhere We can't be silent 'Cause they might be giants And what are we going to do unless they are They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) They might be giants (boy) -- Person Man aka John Murray -={+}=- http://jmurray.async.vt.edu/ The Unoffical Pritchard Web Site & Mailing List Admin Check it out @ http://jmurray.async.vt.edu/pritchard/ Powered By FreeBSD http://www.freebsd.org "Who Came up with Person Man?" -TMBG / "Who Are these guys?" TT on TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 13:16:02 -0500 (EST) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Ok, I find this weird On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Anonymous wrote: > This May sound stupid, But who are they might be Giants. I hope they are joking...if they don't know who TMBG are, then how would they have gotten this address? Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 13:31:42 -0500 (EST) From: CORT Subject: TO RYAN!! (sorry guys!) Hi guys, sorry to do this to ya, but I lost Ryan S.'s email address! Ryan, Hi, how are ya? Sorry, I lost your address, I was just gonna tell ya that I'm going to be sending out your tape soon! I'm leaving for spring break today, so I probably won't be in (email) touch with you until the Monday after Easter, the 8th. But, in the meantime, have the world's best time at the Madison show tommorow!!!!!!! You're gonna *love* it, I guarentee, I can't wait for ya to hear the new songs! (Aso, do ya think that you could maybe resend me your email address?) Thanks! (and, once agian, I apologize to the listers!) sun and smiles cortney ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 14:01:55 -0600 (CST) > > Where did you get your copy from? My (and everyone I know's) copy has all > > of Fingertips in one large chunk of song. If you've got individual tracks > > on your CD, then I think you've got a very special copy indeed. > > > > I think it was at either Musicland or Camelot Music... My copy of A18 has Fingertips broken up into lots of tiny tracks, too.... It makes the shuffle function sooo much more fun... -CJ `'*,. Bell Labs UNIX -- Reach out and grep someone .,*'` `'*,.,*'`'*,. .,*'`'*,.,*'` CJ Kucera `'*.,______________________________,.*'`kucecj@sncac.snc.edu "Cyborg" <<>> St. Norbert College ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 15:02:11 -0600 (MDT) From: WorldWide Skull Subject: Re: TMBG's Cover of "You Oughta Know" > Has Weird Al parodied it yet? Not a full on parody, but it was one of the songs in his traditional polka medley on "Bad Hair Day." Mark B M ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: A18 Date: Sat, 30 Mar 96 17:12:07 EST I'm pretty sure everyone's copy has Apollo 18's FingerTips broken up into 18 or so different tracks.... -- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 17:21:50 -0500 (EST) From: Chief Jokester Subject: Re: A18 (was Re: Lincoln lyrics) On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Adam Procter wrote: > > Where did you get your copy from? My (and everyone I know's) copy has all > > of Fingertips in one large chunk of song. If you've got individual tracks > > on your CD, then I think you've got a very special copy indeed. I think I have the same think also. Wash 'bit' of fingertips is a seperate track. I got mine at Sam Goodys. Brendan ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 17:24:05 -0500 (EST) From: Chief Jokester Subject: Re: your mail On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Anonymous wrote: > > This May sound stupid, But who are they might be Giants. > > It does. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 21:08:52 -0500 (EST) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: Re: Dance Hall Crashers On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Matthew James wrote: > Hi folks, > This isn't really TMBG related but I thought you might all like it. > I was over my friend, Brad's dorm who is a huge Giants fan and he > lent me this CD by the Dance Hall Crashers called Lockjaw hat he said > I would like. Well I think it is just fabulous! It's actually more of > a Velocity Girl sounding album but it's also cool and fun like TMBG. > Just wanted to recommend a cool band! > Matt The Dance Hall Crashers!! I would have to say that "Lockjaw" was the most disappointing album I've purchased in the past year. After the debut (on Moon Records) which was actually a very strong ska album, the second album was a real shock. No horns! No ska! I guess there's nothing wrong with current their pseudo-punk style, but there's something about completely abandoning their old sound to follow the Green Day trend (and get their video on MTV) that really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Forget DHC, buy a Pietasters album instead. -Slacker Ng ------------------------------ From: Bejezus@aol.com Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 21:34:51 -0500 Subject: film-o-rama I'm planning on going in to film as well. Brooksie might be the major that you're talking about. A lot of TMBG fans are filmmakers/students. Latro, Brother JohnBejezus P.S.-Keep an eye out for "The Happy Cuddle-Bears Share Their Love" I should be done with it by '98. Ultra-violence and irony! ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Linnell Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 00:17:18 -0500 (EST) Hello, I was watching that commercial with the guy who is called about the contest in which the answer is Aaron Burr and I find taht he reminds me of Linnell for some reason. I have yet to find anyone who reminds me of Flans though. Anyone know of a list for non-sequitorness? I'd love to join one! Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 23:32:27 -0500 (EST) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Re: Linnell On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Matthew James wrote: > I was watching that commercial with the guy who is called about the contest > in which the answer is Aaron Burr and I find taht he reminds me of Linnell > for some reason. I have yet to find anyone who reminds me of Flans though. This is going to sound so lame, but when I was younger I always got Flansburgh confused with Elvis Costello. He still sort of reminds me of John F...don't know why. Amanda ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 23:51:57 -0500 Subject: Re: Linnell In a message dated 96-03-30 23:42:42 EST, afn37647@afn.org (Amanda Gayle Douberly) writes: > >This is going to sound so lame, but when I was younger I always got >Flansburgh confused with Elvis Costello. He still sort of reminds me of >John F...don't know why. Probably just the glasses, I can see where they have a slight resemblence ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 02:44:52 -0500 (EST) From: Dave Rutherford Subject: They and Camper Van Lyrics > i have a question about the lyrics to james k. polk, and i remeber someone > posting them a while back. what do they say after austere, severe... in the > second verse? "Austere, severe, he held few people dear..." > also, i realize this isn't a camper van beethoven list, but i know several > of you like them so... in the beginning of take the skinheads bowling, do > they really say 'every day, i get up and pray to john/and he increases the > number of frogs by exactly one'? because that's almost what it sounds like. No, it's "and he increases the number of clocks by exactly one..." and yes, it's John he prays to.. though Linnell or Flansburgh I dunno.. :-) > and what the HELL do they say in tina? the only thing i can figure out is > maybe 'tina sing a little bit higher, watch out, watch out, watch out'. You're ahead of me... the only word I know for sure is 'Tina'. I don't think the rest of it is English. "Tina, singo lella motaya, wacha, wacha, wacha." -- Dennis Moore, Lupin do-nor, Extra-orrrrr.... dinary! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-91 *****************************