Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-97 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 97 Saturday, 6 April 1996 Today's Topics: Re: They Might be Damned... Re: They Might Be In the Hall? Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-95 Re: TMBG on the Web wicked cool. RE: tmbg-list Digest #2-95 More about TMBG and people on the list who make films. Re: TMBG on the Web Re: More about TMBG and people on the list who make films. More about TMBG and people on the list Brain Candy Re: Brain Candy Anagrams Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-94 Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: u.daufenbach@amtrash.comlink.de (Uwe Daufenbach) Subject: Re: They Might be Damned... Date: 05 Apr 1996 00:00:00 +0000 joeyd@netcom.com meinte am 04.04.96 zum Thema "Re: They Might be Damned..." im Brett /tmbg-mailing-list: > Who could forget Them replacing "young fresh fellows" with > "Primus" on the NY Live 6 Track CD... Naaah, me poor little silly, how could I... but the fact that NY Live 6 Track CDs are -- let's say -- unavailable in my area should excuse my ignorance. =8-) Greetings from Glueckstadt U w e ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 09:54:51 -0500 (EST) From: Johnette Frostburg Subject: Re: They Might Be In the Hall? On Thu, 4 Apr 1996 Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > Also, just to avoid confusion, that Brain Candy web site lists the TMBG > song as "Sick Dick Pimp," or something, which is definitely _wrong_. I'm Errrr.... wrong, Brain. I was at the site last night, and the song listed for They Might Be Giants is DEFINITELY Spiraling Shape..... Unless there is more than one site....... Which one were you at? Just wonderin..... 'Nette +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Now, THAT'S comedy." - Slappy Squirrel +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "I was unsupervised, I had a real good time. Until I - I hit my head" - John Flansburg "Unsupervised, I Hit My Head" Mono Puff - +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ If I had a home page, it's address would be here. But I don't. Jeanette Frost | aka Johnette Frostburg | Trenton State College +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 09:54:10 -0500 (EST) From: "Joni M. Back" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-95 Okay, I have been delinquent for awhile. When is/was the Elizabeth Town show? Did I spacily miss it? Can I still try to see it? That's what happens when a working girl get too involved withher job and for gets to find out what is up with the Johns. HELP HELP HELP Or any other concerts in NJ or NYC. Should I just check the home page? Miss Joni jmback@flagstaff.princeton.edu ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson (303) 516-4722 Date: Fri, 5 Apr 96 08:21:36 MST Subject: Re: TMBG on the Web ---------- X-Sun-Data-Type: text X-Sun-Data-Description: text X-Sun-Data-Name: text X-Sun-Content-Lines: 6 If the radio station connection was pulled, did it cut off the FM-radio broadcast, as well as the realaudio-web broadcast? Did anybody manage to tape the Champaign, IL concert off the air? If so, I'd like to get a copy. I've got good stuff to trade. ---------- X-Sun-Data-Type: default X-Sun-Data-Description: default X-Sun-Data-Name: russ X-Sun-Content-Lines: 7 ============================================================================= Russ Josephson russj@btc.adaptec.com Berthoud, Colorado, USA Embedded Systems Programmer "How come I can't see you in my mirror?" -- Tonio K "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria ============================================================================= ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 11:56:31 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: wicked cool. i just saw the comercial for Brain Candy on tv and although it didn't mention any bands, the movie itself looks like it will rock the foundations of comedy in the universe. kind of how on the same level Rumble in the Bronx rocked the foundations of Kung fu movies. i'm psyched. daniel ------------------------------ From: bwhite@ycp.edu Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 12:21:16 EDT Subject: RE: tmbg-list Digest #2-95 just thought i'd join somewhere here in the commotion. i too will be in attendance at the etown concert and would like to meet some fellow digest-giant-heads (or, insta-list-giant-heads if you prefer). as i'm not familiar with the etown campus, i'll let the secret meeting place and time up to others... see ya at the show! bryan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 14:27:40 -0600 From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott A. Dodson) Subject: More about TMBG and people on the list who make films. ................................................................................ Speaking of TMBG in our films, I made an animated film, in which a photograph of John Flansburg appears. It's called, "WHAT IS A COMMERCIAL?" A few people have noticed the picture too. Scott ................................................................................ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 16:08:51 -0600 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Re: TMBG on the Web Russ Josephson (303) 516-4722 wrote: > > If the radio station connection was pulled, did it cut off > the FM-radio broadcast, as well as the realaudio-web broadcast? > > Did anybody manage to tape the Champaign, IL concert off the air? > If so, I'd like to get a copy. I've got good stuff to trade. The show was not aired in "real time" it will be played later this month. -- Mike Schaefer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (217) 337-1923 (Free when you call from work) http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Mono Puff CD...a more complete collection to follow. :) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 17:53:20 -0500 (EST) From: The Vonnegut Vassal Subject: Re: More about TMBG and people on the list who make films. > Speaking of TMBG in our films, I made an animated film, in which a speaking of which... heehee. guess what everyone? the song "for science" is being animated! ok, i was supposed to say that for shock value first...my friend, who is an animator, wanted me to say that, and not tell you it wasnt a big scale thing. heehee, but i think it is! it's progressing really well, turning out really coolly (hehe is that a word?). he is animating it in pencil/black and white, and it's cool...he depicts flansburgh really well. and you even get to see the "girl from venus"! heehee. hehe. just thought i'd tell you all about it! questions? coments? hehe. --Fran AKA he Vonnegut Vassal ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: More about TMBG and people on the list Date: Fri, 5 Apr 96 18:52:14 EST Hrm... I already completed a .FLI animation to go along with the song They Might Be Giants (Flood version, not demo tape) And presented it, and it went over really well. Unfortunately.... it's over 6 megs large! If anyone is interested in having it on a site or seeing it... tell me a place where I could upload it. (hint hint) ..... Just thought you'd like to know... -Tom I guess (Ondine) P.S. Sorry about the Brain Candy myth! Oops. P.P.S. I hope to become a film student.... maybe! -- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 22:38:23 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Brain Candy I finally saw the trailer for Brain Candy, but was saddly dissapointed that Spiralling Shape was not used during the preview, nor was the band's name displayed in the credits. In fact, no bands were credited at all at the end of the trailer...sigh. I was hoping to hear the song in a theater and see Their name on the big screen, but I guess I'll have to wait. The movie comes out next Friday...if I'm not mistaken. It looks real damn funny, but then again, it's Kids In The Hall, so that's to be expected. Alex http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~alex I can't let Mike do all the advertising. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 22:15:06 -0700 (MST) From: Tatiana Suzanne Baldwin Subject: Re: Brain Candy alright, so I waited a whole two hours, I just couldn't handle the supense. I bought the soundtrack to the Kids movie, I must say the They song is so great I haven't yet listen to the other songs... like there is any others... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Apr 96 01:02:04 -0800 From: Ruprecht Subject: Anagrams Tighten mighty base look at the the They anagram.............. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Apr 1996 00:13:39 From: Momaw@gnn.com (Josh Younger) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-94 >THANK YOU! Another 42 supporter... 23 does seem to be a pretty >special number, but if you look at all of the instances in which the >number 42 comes up (supplied on some Hitchhiker's Guide web page) it >is a bit spooky, and definitely more important than 23. > >Sorry, but 42 rules. By coincidence (sp?), at the Champaign Concert I spent exatcly 42 dollars: $20 t-shirt (the one with the same logo as the hat) $20 hat $2 sticker ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-97 *****************************