Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-98 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 98 Sunday, 7 April 1996 Today's Topics: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-97 Re: Good Stuff (AGES) Re: Brain Candy Re: More about TMBG and people on the list who make films. The Elizabethtown show Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-97 UofC Etown Show Re: your mail Flansburg's Record Club Illuminatus Happy Holidays! Re: Good Stuff (AGES) Kids spin ze dial! Re: Etown Show Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kdaacm@aol.com Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 10:40:58 -0500 Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-97 how do we chnage the address that receives the tmbg listserv stuff? my new address is Kidase@aol.com, and my dad gets pissed off when you send it to Kdaacm@aol.com. Thanks. Kidase@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 11:16:53 -0500 (EST) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Re: Good Stuff (AGES) On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, The Administrator wrote: > 12 huh. Wow... I am only 17. I wonder how many <18 people are on > the list... > EVERY BODY RESPOND TO THIS! me! 10/16/80 Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 12:00:51 -0500 (EST) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Re: Brain Candy On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Tatiana Suzanne Baldwin wrote: > alright, so I waited a whole two hours, I just couldn't handle the supense. > I bought the soundtrack to the Kids movie, I must say the They song is so > great I haven't yet listen to the other songs... > like there is any others... Are you talking about they being on the Kids soundtrack? This post has me confused, since there is nothing on the soundtrack except for Folk Implosion, Slint, Daniel Johnston, and Lo-Down... Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 12:07:28 -0500 (EST) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Re: More about TMBG and people on the list who make films. On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Scott A. Dodson wrote: > Speaking of TMBG in our films, I made an animated film, in which a > photograph of John Flansburg appears. It's called, "WHAT IS A COMMERCIAL?" > A few people have noticed the picture too. when I was in seventh grade, my friend Brie and I made a movie called "Spider" which featured her mouthing words with Spider overdubbed in the style of bad Japanese movies with English dubbed over it, talking Pez dispensers, and a very pathetic looking stuffed frog. Needless to say, it didn't win any awards :) Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Apr 1996 12:43:44 -0500 From: Saurav Bhowmik Subject: The Elizabethtown show Oops... I kind of lost the name of that other person from PSU who's going... are you still out there? ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 15:33:31 -0700 (MST) From: "Nathan C. Burnett" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-97 On Sat, 6 Apr 1996 Kdaacm@aol.com wrote: > how do we chnage the address that receives the tmbg listserv stuff? my new > address is Kidase@aol.com, and my dad gets pissed off when you send it > to Kdaacm@aol.com. > > > Thanks. Kidase@aol.com > Unsubscribe and then resubscribe with the new address. Nate --- Nathan C. Burnett "Always in motion is the future" burnettn@math.enmu.edu http://chestnut.enmu.edu/~burnettn Yoda PGP Key: finger -l burnettn@walnut.enmu.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 18:01:03 -0600 From: c-batson@nwu.edu (Cyndi Batson) Subject: UofC Does anyone have any info on the show at University of Chicago on May 18? Where? What time? Where I can call to get tickets? How much they cost? Thanks---Cyndi Cynthia D. Batson Northwestern University ph: 847-332-9052 c-batson@nwu.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 21:18:52 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Etown Show Um, I know deleting the message about the number to get tickets for the Etown concert wasn't the smartest thing to do, since I need them, but I seem to have done it anyway. Anyone got the number? Thanks ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 21:06:34 -0600 (CST) From: "John E. Neely" Subject: Re: your mail > I'd just like to say right now that the #23 has no significance whatsoever. > 42 is the number that is in ultimate control of the universe. All of these > 23 supporters are blinding all us honest 42ers into thinking there is some > significance to 23. 42 has no more significance than 23, they are both important because they both relate to 5. 4+2=6=2*3, and 2+3=5. > > were two titles performed by the Young Fresh Fellows. Must be the ones > > They sing about in "Twisting". I like the Damned, but never thought > > there is a link to Them. > AHHHH... Listen to this. Even though it could be just that, you > maust also weigh the possibility that its just any up and coming band. No, They specifically meant the band. I've seen people on the list talk about Linnell wearing YFF shirts on stage, and weren't YFF members involved in some Hello project? (BTW, one YFF member was in REMs band during the Monster tour). The dBs are a real band, too. > Yes, I have found the connection to the number 23... the envelope please? > "Free when you call from work!" (The dial-a-song slogan for those who don't > know... or at least the slogan on the back of the self-titled CD.) > It's got 23 letters. :-) BRAVO! 'Tis nifty, ta B sure. %%% jneely01@mail.orion.org %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "....the god Thoth-Hermes granted him original enlightenment by murmuring, `Uh, look, I groove with the problem, baby, but dig, we gotta put carrots in or it ain't no stew.'" --Robert Sheckley ------------------------------ From: LtAldus@aol.com Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 22:10:09 -0500 Subject: Flansburg's Record Club Does anyone have info on John F's Record Club or no how to get info on it? ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 21:22:44 -0600 (CST) From: "John E. Neely" Subject: Illuminatus Dangit!!! Whoever was doing the Illuminatus survey, email me, i accidently deleted your address. %%% jneely01@mail.orion.org %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "....the god Thoth-Hermes granted him original enlightenment by murmuring, `Uh, look, I groove with the problem, baby, but dig, we gotta put carrots in or it ain't no stew.'" --Robert Sheckley ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Apr 1996 22:22:22 E From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Subject: Happy Holidays! Happy Easter/Passover to the list! Don't eat too many bitter herbs and chocolate bunnies. In the immortal words of John and John: "Push me in the face again." Love that holiday joy. Hopping down the bunny trail, Tracy PS in the best interests of my soul, I trashed the beginnings of a top ten list about TMBG songs for Easter. "I really like you, but you're damned." Random quote of the weekend. Saw an ad for Brain Candy and it seemed okay...I have only seen about 3 episodes of KITH because whenever I watch it the same one is on. Um, anyway, happy holidays. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: Good Stuff (AGES) Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 00:54:40 -0500 (EST) > > 12 huh. Wow... I am only 17. I wonder how many <18 people are on > > the list... > > EVERY BODY RESPOND TO THIS! Not me. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Kids Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 01:01:58 -0500 (EST) > > Happy Easter/Passover to the list! Thank you! I'm glad our school gave us 3 days off for Easter! joy. > a top ten list about TMBG songs for Easter. "I really like you, but > you're damned." Random quote of the weekend. Saw an ad for Brain > Candy and it seemed okay...I have only seen about 3 episodes of KITH because > whenever I watch it the same one is on. Um, anyway, happy holidays. I wish they still had Kids in the Hall on HBO. Back in '89, early 90s I used to watch it but then it stopped and I was sad and I don't get the comedy channel to see these classics. Pooh. They also trashed the 2am CBS time for the Kids which was kinda cool. So it seems the soundtrack is out alreday eh? On a TMBG note, my friend and I were riding down the highway with our CB and my friend sttarted singing Birdhouse over one of the channels! Nobody responded though 8-( Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: spin ze dial! Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 01:20:10 -0500 (EST) I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be cool if Flans spun that dial and it stoped no a TMBG song? I guess that'd be pretty easy for them! I wonder what they'd do? Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 01:08:47 -0500 (EST) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: Etown Show On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, Ryan Staib wrote: > Um, I know deleting the message about the number to get tickets for the > Etown concert wasn't the smartest thing to do, since I need them, but I > seem to have done it anyway. Anyone got the number? Here ya go...and for anyone else who was going to ask. The number for tickets for the E-town show is: 717-361-1197...it's free when you call from work. Alex Try the new and imroved, 99% fat free, all natural homepage http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~alex ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-98 *****************************