Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-102 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 102 Sunday, 13 April 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: KU and me TMBG: tmbg: money and fame and other STUFF TMBG: A couple things TMBG: almost final OMLT info, at last TMBG: FOR TIM M. IMPORTANT please read TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-101 TMBG: More HORDE Bands! TMBG: Kenyon TMBG: Web site updates. TMBG: Its back..... Re: TMBG: Weep Day and Become a Robot!!! TMBG: VV (again) Re: TMBG: Its back..... Re: TMBG: almost final OMLT info, at last TMBG: TMBG chat room Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:17:20 -0500 (CDT) From: ILOVEMARTHASTEWART Subject: Re: TMBG: KU and me Message-Id: NO NO NO!!! KU is the Univ of Kansas, in Lawrence!!! Not kenyon!!! sorry for the confusion, but i guess everyone in these parts knows what and where KU is...sorry we assumed that to be true everywhere! (just cause we had the number ONE basketball team for SIXTEEN straight weeks...:) anyhow, hope you're not _too_ disappointed...you still have BF5, right? jillian ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* my name is jillian i study the earth i need a job woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: tmbg: money and fame and other STUFF Message-ID: <19970412.113934.3526.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 13:40:52 EDT i think the johns started their career for the fact that they liked doing what they were doing, it was fun... better than their prior jobs (listen to flans in puppet head). so they got signed by bar-none and everything was great, it's still a lot of fun and now they're making money for doing something they love. they get signed by elektra, GREAT! even more money.... then you get to john henry era and they're trying out new things... perhaps they aren't having as much fun but getting the full band is different and new, keeps the job exciting. you get to FS and maybe they feel that they've already done everything... hard to expand now and maybe they are just in it for the money. maybe that's why they've embarked on 'what might be their longest tour ever'. maybe it'll help them see that other people (US!) really like what they're doing and maybe they'll get some fresh ideas for 'superfueled freaksicle' or 'thing' or whatever it's gonna be called. NON-TMBG POSTS: sure you all think it's great and dandy that you can just scroll down past em on the digest but, JUNO can only process messages of a certain length and thus, we here at juno.com address only get to see the digest about once a week now-a-days cuz the posts are extremely long (not that i'm complaining abotu that...) but they're abotu nuthin that has to do with THem. so if we could pleeeeese keep the non-tmbg posts to a minimum... No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful, Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful, they want what they're not and I wish they would stop.... JODA ------------------------------ Message-ID: <334FCB2E.75FC@trib.infi.net> Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 13:49:34 -0400 From: Boba Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: A couple things Happy Saturday, TMBG fans, a couple things, 1. I'm not on the list, so let me know about any cool thing TMBG, aka. TV appearances and the like, not everyone, but I know I can count on a couple of you guys :) 2. I have got a tape of THEM on Viva Variety if Russ needs one, awesome performance, anyone know who the lead guitar player was? Jay Sherman perhaps? 3. The tribute albuym is still in full effect, but those who are procrastinating in sending me tapes, please stop by sending me your tapes!! I just sent a bunch of tapes to Jeremy for mastering, so we are indeed well on our way!! This album will come out as soon as we get all of those entries, so PLEASE send them on in!! Everyone have a truly They Day! Boba Out. Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org Boba's Page: http://boba.home.ml.org The Wendy Page: http://wendyweb.base.org We Might Be Giants, Too: http://tmbg.home.ml.org They Might be Giants, Unofficially: http://www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 13:52:16 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970412135213_-1033457722@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: almost final OMLT info, at last Yaaaaay! I have contacted the company and all is well in the universe. First of all: Yes, mediums are available, for all those who wanted one. The shirts are turning out even cheaper--yes, *cheaper*-- than I predicted! The front design will only cost .80 per shirt because it is only a b&w pocket design. That means that the final cost of an OMLT (w/o shipping costs) will be almost exactly $9 per shirt. (Unless you really, really want to write out a check for 8 dollars and 99.6378 cents) (if anyone does this, I will be happy to send my attack shoes after you). This price includes the price of the shirt and your infinitestimal share of the $80 setup fee for the ink, which is $20 per color times 4 colors-- Black, yellow, green, blue. It does *not* include shipping, so don't whip out that checkbook quite yet. Just to jog your memory, the shirts are white 50/50 cotton/poly blend, which is the cheapest starting point I could get. I like the blend better than 100% cotton, anyway-- cotton gets all rough after a few washes... The back design can be found at http://omlt.home.ml.org and the front pocket design at www.foo.org/jon/listskull.jpg I am planning a visit to my local bastion of surliness, the US post office, where I will have them weigh a simulated OMLT package, containing one of my own t-shirts, and find out what the cost of the packaging and shipping is. It will probably cost a few extra bucks, and a few more extra bucks for those in Canada, UK, or Australia-- air mail ain't cheap. I will let you know as soon as possible so you can start sending those checks :) I am also taking a trip to the shirt company next week so I can deliver the designs to the artist. I want to be there personally so I can make sure that the design doesn't get messed up somehow, because I've worked on this project too long to have all the shirts come out saying "TMBG Mauling List" or something. (Although some might argue that's a more appropriate name...) --Christy ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: FOR TIM M. IMPORTANT please read Message-ID: <19970412.134615.3814.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 13:45:37 EDT On Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:17:20 -0500 (CDT) ILOVEMARTHASTEWART writes: > >NO NO NO!!! KU is the Univ of Kansas, in Lawrence!!! Not kenyon!!! > Well, that's just a different concert then because I know that there is also a free concert at Kenyon on the 26th. I NEED INFORMATION ON THIS CONCERT (time, etc.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tim Moyle, you're the one who posted about Kenyon, so PLEASE e-mail me and give me more info. I would be eternally grateful. THANX! -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 14:21:05 -0400 (EDT) From: Paul Sebold Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-101 Message-ID: Heya, I went to the Raliegh show and I had just a couple comments: 1. Have they ever played two songs twice...? For the second encore, they played Birdhouse and S-E-X-X-Y for the second time EACH. What's up? 2. Towards the end of the second encore (5 songs total), Flansburgh kept begging Linnell to play more. I was up front and I heard him beg for Particle Man of all things. Linnell made a face, but agreed. 3. They played Rythm Section Want Ad and Where your Eyes Don't Go to much applause. John Linnell: We just released a new album with all of our older stuff. Some people say this is our best work. (LOUD applause). This makes us feel very bad. Paul ********************* ---------------------- ******************************** "Eating kittens is just plain WRONG, mister! And you shouldn't do it, EVER!" *The Tick* Paul Sebold 613-3484 331 Blackwell, Duke University pjs2@acpub.duke.edu http://husky.northern-hs.ga.k12.md.us/~psebold/extra.html ***************************** -------------------- ************************** ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 14:28:56 -0400 (EDT) From: CORT Subject: TMBG: More HORDE Bands! Message-id: <01IHMDH90V4Y9D7TH0@TIGER.UOFS.EDU> Hi TMBGer's! I just heard through the musical grapevine that Primus will also be touring with HORDE this summer and Ani DeFranco (sp?) will be with HORDE for a few (but not all) dates! That's all for now, I'll let ya know any new info as I find it out! Have a They Day! sun and smiles cortney http://academic.uofs.edu/student/ck8 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970412165735.0093f610@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 16:57:35 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Kenyon Anyone with info on this please email me. I'd like to know what other bands are going to be there, and times if possible. Also, directions from Columbus would be nice, but not neccessary. -ec ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199704122217.SAA15161@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Web site updates. Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:17:43 -0400 (EDT) I've spent some time on the web site this weekend and thought I should point out a few things to everyone. 1) There are several new MIDI files available, and they are very good. Unfortunately no one seems to know where they came from. If anyone knows please tell me so I can give that person credit. See the announcements page for a list. 2) We received another award. See the awards page. 3) We now have the ability to track song authors, which means we can finally get the web pages right for songs that TMBG didn't write. Please e-mail us at web@tmbg.org if you see wrong titles/authors...they are easy for us to fix now. :-) 4) I added in some of the missing lyrics for Then: The Earlier years. I also removed a few Then: songs from the Miscelanous section. I hope to finish updating all of the Then: songs this weekend so they actually indicate that they are on Then:. 5) I got the CDNow report. Approximately 20 copies of Then: were bought by people following the link on the web page. I'd like to thank all those people (and the few who bought other CD's , we get credit for them all) and remind everyone that following our link and buying CD's is a GREAT way to thank your webmaster. That's all for now, I've got a pile of other things still to do. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:27:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970412182746_-1736831177@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Its back..... yes, Dial a Song is back again. I called and got "I Hit My Head" of course im thrilled..but how long till it breaks down again? and besides, its the same songs theyve had on their for like a year >:\ ive noticed theyres been a little less non tmbg messages, but before i read like a very personal e-mail on here. it was like "hey ______(name). blablabla". please no more e-mails only directing one person. they can read it PRIVATELY you know. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 19:55:16 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Weep Day and Become a Robot!!! Message-ID: On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, 'Lani' N Olson wrote: > The booklet says "hermit," but I'm pretty sure he says buddhist. Of > course, I've been pretty sure of other lyrics. I could still *swear* they > say "The sad little cross-eyed bear." *sigh* > > > Also, the Then booklet has a line in Become a Robot listed as "Here's hoping > > you don't harbor a wishnik..." My deranged ear hears it as "harbor a death > > wish," and tmbg.org says it's "penguin", which could also be true. One thing I didn't think it sounded like 'wishnik" either...dunno what it does sound like, though, so I just took Their word for it and sang wishnik...penguin, though, that's funny... I thought it was "sad little cross-eyed bear" too, but then, I aslo thought it was "a sad thought that reflects" instead of a pun in World's Address...I still think that "Bugs fall out from my pocket's" is way more fun than the actual lyrics for "Birds Fly" and so I go on and sing that anyway... :) _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I'm a cipher! A cipher wrapped in an enigma, covered in \\ secret sauce!" -Jimmy James, "Newsradio" TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 20:57:29 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: TMBG: VV (again) Message-ID: Hey/hay, Well, I just got done watching the Viva rerun. This time I noticed: Flansy's ripping out guitar strings; Linny looks tired but he makes fun of himself when he flubs the words; the drummer's hair is fresh!; Graham looks exactly like my friend Nick did his senior year. Yeah, blah blah blah. One of my friends has an imported SEXXY-6. It apparently just has an extra mix of SEXXY. What a loss. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Elitza Nicolaou ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The Spork Princess" ana-ng@poetic.com http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The thing's hollow- it goes on forever- and- oh my God! It's full of stars!" - 2001: A Space Odyssey ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Its back..... Message-ID: <19970412.222101.6238.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 22:20:24 EDT >please no more e-mails only directing one person. they can read it >PRIVATELY >you know. > I don't know if you're referring to my personal message to Tim about the Kenyon concert or not, but the reason I put it on the list is so that other people who may know about it could e-mail me. IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT THE CONCERT AT KENYON COLLEGE ON APRIL 26TH, PLEASE E-MAIL ME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TIME IT STARTS AND ENDS!!!!!! Sorry, but everyone seems to be ignoring my previous three messages about this topic. My friends need to know too and they are getting impatient. Does anyone at least know a number I could call to get details? -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 21:58:58 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: almost final OMLT info, at last Message-ID: Is it too late to send in money for a shirt? -Mark On Sat, 12 Apr 1997 Christi587@aol.com wrote: > Yaaaaay! I have contacted the company and all is well in the universe. > > First of all: Yes, mediums are available, for all those who wanted one. > > The shirts are turning out even cheaper--yes, *cheaper*-- than I predicted! > The front design will only cost .80 per shirt because it is only a b&w pocket > design. That means that the final cost of an OMLT (w/o shipping costs) will > be almost exactly $9 per shirt. (Unless you really, really want to write out > a check for 8 dollars and 99.6378 cents) (if anyone does this, I will be > happy to send my attack shoes after you). This price includes the price of > the shirt and your infinitestimal share of the $80 setup fee for the ink, > which is $20 per color times 4 colors-- Black, yellow, green, blue. It does > *not* include shipping, so don't whip out that checkbook quite yet. > > Just to jog your memory, the shirts are white 50/50 cotton/poly blend, which > is the cheapest starting point I could get. I like the blend better than 100% > cotton, anyway-- cotton gets all rough after a few washes... The back design > can be found at http://omlt.home.ml.org and the front pocket design at > www.foo.org/jon/listskull.jpg > > I am planning a visit to my local bastion of surliness, the US post office, > where I will have them weigh a simulated OMLT package, containing one of my > own t-shirts, and find out what the cost of the packaging and shipping is. It > will probably cost a few extra bucks, and a few more extra bucks for those in > Canada, UK, or Australia-- air mail ain't cheap. I will let you know as soon > as possible so you can start sending those checks :) > > I am also taking a trip to the shirt company next week so I can deliver the > designs to the artist. I want to be there personally so I can make sure that > the design doesn't get messed up somehow, because I've worked on this project > too long to have all the shirts come out saying "TMBG Mauling List" or > something. (Although some might argue that's a more appropriate name...) > > --Christy > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33506937.1B00@geocities.com> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 01:03:51 -0400 From: Phillip Kent Subject: TMBG: TMBG chat room Have any of you ever wanted to talk to fellow TMBG fans and fanatics in real time? Well this is your chance. Coming soon, TMBG chat room at I will write again when I have everything inorder. Please write to the list and let me know what you think of this. Thank you. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-102 ******************************