Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-103 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 103 Monday, 14 April 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Beez\SEXXY single\Unforgotten\fame & money NONTMBG:TMBG on AOL Re: TMBG: Beez\SEXXY single\Unforgotten\fame & money Re: TMBG: Beez\SEXXY single\Unforgotten\fame & money Re: NONTMBG:TMBG on AOL Re: NONTMBG:TMBG on AOL TMBG: 2 Horny TMBG: There's Just 6 Hours and 45 minutes... left to go TMBG: Any and All TMBG: TCNJ & BNL TMBG: Time Re: TMBG: Time Re: TMBG: 2 Horny TMBG: 387-6962 NAR?!! Re: non-TMBG: Morphine TMBG: Reviews, reviews (late, but oh well) Re: TMBG: 387-6962 NAR?!! TMBG: Hay Hay! TMBG: Xfiles references Re: TMBG: Xfiles references TMBG: Tmbg references...kinda Re: non-TMBG: Morphine TMBG: Horde TMBG: Hay Hay! TMBG: In deffence of Techno SEXXY Re: TMBG: In deffence of Techno SEXXY Re: TMBG: Hay Hay! Re: TMBG: Hay Hay! TMBG: Spin Online TMBG: BF5ers TMBG: "It's a real tornado, you ain't in NYC, baby" TMBG: Q.. Re: TMBG: 387-6962 NAR?!! TMBG: Tallahassee Moon Show, Dammit! Re: non-TMBG: Morphine TMBG: Istanbul Single Re: TMBG:A.. TMBG: St. Pete Show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: bob_iii@juno.com Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 03:57:25 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: Beez\SEXXY single\Unforgotten\fame & money Message-ID: <19970413.035916.3814.5.bob_iii@juno.com> I truly don't think Flans and Linnell got into the music industry for money and fame...most anyone in the industry is after money, probably, I mean, if they weren't they'd just do it for free, but fame? Not Tmbg at least, maybe some bands are after fame, but I hardly think our boys can be accused of that... I remember listening to modren rock live a good while back and i think (not sure my mem is a bit rusty) that they or one kick or flunk out of college and thats why they started the band. what happened to freaksomethingcycle what that t:tey or no last i heard was my bithday march 15 and it was pushed back You said I shouldn't accuse the Giants of getting into the entertainment business for money, but I wasn't really talking abou Them. I was talking about people in general. And besides, I'm sure They enjoy the money now that They've got it. -Mark how much money do they make i am sure they are "well off" but rich millionares anyone now maybe clinton pulled there tax file i might ask him(g) ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 10:38:24 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970413103714_-334906053@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: NONTMBG:TMBG on AOL Okay, let me get something straight: Has it been confirmed that Flans' and Monopuff's screenname is "Monopuff" ? That's what I've been told, and yesterday, for the first time in months, I saw "Monopuff" online. I IMed (instant messaged) him and he said it wasn't him and he wasnt' a fan either. Also, there used to be a profile for that screenname that said that it was the group's (Monopuff) ScreenName. When I chated with the person, though, the profile was no longer there. Therefore, either they took it down and are pretending not to be them, or...uh...I have no other idea, except that some fan is lying to me. joel ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 09:47:23 -0400 (EDT) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Beez\SEXXY single\Unforgotten\fame & money Message-ID: Okay...let me clarify myself here....I didn't mean to imply that They are in the business to make lots of money and be really famous. All I meant was...that Theyve been in the business for 10 years and They still haven't gotten used to the fans. And that people wanting to talk to you or get your autograph because maybe they IDOLIZE you kinda goes along with it....ya know? But far be it for me to speak Thier intentions.....for all I know They could have started for the money fame drugs and cheap women. But I guess we'll never know considering Linnell shrivels up like a pillbug everytime I get NEAR HIM!!!! *weep* Katie ------------------------------ From: LeviAdams@aol.com Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 10:57:43 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970413105742_-1871081762@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Beez\SEXXY single\Unforgotten\fame & money i dunno.. linnell's always just reminded me of that guy next door who always seemed nice, but kept to himself until that one fateful day when he hacked his family to pieces with an axe. i think we'd get along fabulously. -levi ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970413152750.0069696c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:27:50 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NONTMBG:TMBG on AOL I'd imagine that it's Hello Records, or someone at Hello Records... Take a look at the pages below... http://members.aol.com/monopuff/hello.html http://members.aol.com/monopuff/monopuff.html TTYL, -Adam At 10:38 AM 4/13/97 -0400, you wrote: >Okay, let me get something straight: > >Has it been confirmed that Flans' and Monopuff's screenname is "Monopuff" ? > >That's what I've been told, and yesterday, for the first time in months, I >saw "Monopuff" online. I IMed (instant messaged) him and he said it wasn't >him and he wasnt' a fan either. Also, there used to be a profile for that >screenname that said that it was the group's (Monopuff) ScreenName. When I >chated with the person, though, the profile was no longer there. Therefore, >either they took it down and are pretending not to be them, or...uh...I have >no other idea, except that some fan is lying to me. > >joel > > /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970413120332.00758314@popmail.voicenet.com> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:03:35 -0400 From: Jeff Morrow Subject: Re: NONTMBG:TMBG on AOL At 11:27 AM 4/13/97 -0400, you wrote: >I'd imagine that it's Hello Records, or someone at Hello Records... Take a >look at the pages below... > >http://members.aol.com/monopuff/hello.html >http://members.aol.com/monopuff/monopuff.html > >TTYL, > >-Adam I went there, and it did say it was an UNofficial page, still, check out the root directory. That is, go to http://members.aol.com/monopuff/ In the directory is a file called greetings.au. Listen to it. =============================-----Jeff-Morrow-----========================== ======== jmorrow@voicenet.com They Might Be Bootlegs @ http://www.voicenet.com/~jmorrow/tmbg/boot.html ============================================================================ ======== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <335104F5.6A23@oeonline.com> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:08:21 -0400 From: John Drauss Subject: TMBG: 2 Horny I hate to bring this up again. I don't know if it was ever resolved, but I was at a Morphine concert last night and the sax player played two different saxes at the same time. One was a baritone and one was really weird sounding, so I could tell they were both being blown through, as opposed to them both being in his mouth and only blowing through one. Leon ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 13:21:48 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: There's Just 6 Hours and 45 minutes... left to go Message-ID: Until I get to see Them in my hometown for the 2nd and probably final time! Muahhahahaha! And, lucky me, I'm armed with $40 and a spot on the guest list. Perhaps it'll be good this time..... * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 97 16:18:25 UT From: "Kathy and Ryan " Message-Id: Subject: TMBG: Any and All Saw TMBG on Viva Variety last night...had missed it a week ago. They were great, i love the lyric change....i didn't think linnell looked bad at all. At the end he looked pretty amazed at the stupidity of the entire show though.... > Neil Young > Ben Folds Five > Soul Coughing > Widespread Panic > Morphine > Wilco > Beck > Leftover Salmon > Son Volt > Pavement > Col. Bruce and the Fiji Mariners > Big Head Todd and the Monsters > The Wallflowers AAAHHHHHHH! Must...get...HORDE....tickets..... Ryan the .sigless wonder ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 13:48:18 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199704131748.NAA23593@quasar.voicenet.com> From: Jon Adler Subject: TMBG: TCNJ & BNL I went to the concert at TCNJ. It was mediocre. I hoped that they would play lots of old stuff, but they just played some stuff off lincoln in a short set. Spy was good. The lights were cool. If anyone knows a site with lots of BNL mp3's, e-mail me please. ------------------------------ From: DonkeyPlop@aol.com Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 15:17:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970413151652_639306164@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Time I have just one more question, then i will stop posting short letters. How long is a TMBG concert????? ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 16:22:40 -0400 (EDT) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: Time Message-ID: lets see--i've been to two--one was 50 min long (at a music festival) and the other was about 15 min and four songs (because Linnell got sick)...but those two probably arent good examples are they...hmmm...well, im going to one tonight--i'll get back to you on that one:) shoehorn with teeth mike (hoping it lasts more than 4 songs) On Sun, 13 Apr 1997 DonkeyPlop@aol.com wrote: > I have just one more question, then i will stop posting short letters. How > long is a TMBG concert????? > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 16:02:32 -0400 (EDT) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: 2 Horny Message-ID: Woulsn't it have been cooler is he played both out of each nostril and played a kazoo out his mouth. :) Katie On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, John Drauss wrote: > I hate to bring this up again. I don't know if it was ever resolved, > but I was at a Morphine concert last night and the sax player played > two different saxes at the same time. One was a baritone and one > was really weird sounding, so I could tell they were both being > blown through, as opposed to them both being in his mouth and only > blowing through one. > > Leon > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 17:42:43 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: 387-6962 NAR?!! Message-ID: That must be wrong. I am very very sure that the lrics in the booklet to Swing Is A Word are also wrong. My opinion that I am positive of is another giantism on the number as the start of the word Tonight, as in: 3-8-7-6-9-6-2-night....... * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 17:28:05 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Morphine Message-ID: > I hate to bring this up again. I don't know if it was ever resolved, > but I was at a Morphine concert last night and the sax player played > two different saxes at the same time. One was a baritone and one > was really weird sounding, so I could tell they were both being > blown through, as opposed to them both being in his mouth and only > blowing through one. Hey. Yes, it is true that Dana (sax player in Morphine) plays what they call a "double sax" at times. In the past, they used it a lot, but when I saw them this past Wednesday, they only played one song with the double sax (and, for that matter, only one song with a tritar...anyone who doesn't know Morphine, you probably don't know what this is). Fact is, Dana plays a bari sax and a tenor sax. No real strange instruments here. The only reason it sounds weird is because Dana plays really strange intervals (sometimes a minor second......ewwww) with them. Of course, the range of both instruments is severely diminished, due to the fact that he can only used one hand on each sax. But what would you expect from a band with a two-string slide bass? And for those of you who don't know, I do believe that Morphine is the single most sensual band that I listen to. Now if I could only find a girl who likes them too.... Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "And don't you worry about the day-glo orange life preserver It won't save you, it won't save you Swim for the shore just as fast as you are able Swim like a motherfucker Swim......" --Morphine, "Sharks" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:54:27 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: TMBG: Reviews, reviews (late, but oh well) Message-ID: Hey/hay, I decided to finally post my review of the SEXXY-5, even though I've had it for a while... anyway: SenSurround: I haven't yet been a fan long enough to know what the earlier version of this sounded like, but i do like it. And the first thing I thought was, "Geez, the guitar in this sounds like TMHFO." (Yes, I thought in acronyms, too.) Mommie liked the first line ("When I was only a zygote/ I still remember the time"). Unforgotten: This is a good song to have on this single, if only for the reason that it's nothing like any of the other songs on it. It sounds like Flans is really broken-up about this break-up, but in a manner most of us have experienced much more than any other form of dumping that's been sung about by almost anyone. (did you catch that? No...) And in some strange way, it reminds me of the Wonders in "That Thing You Do". I have no idea where that came from, but I guess it doesn't really matter. We've Got A World That Swings: Happy-go-lucky Reaper Sings TMBG. I think this guy just had some really good sex, except he was drunk, then went to his blue-collar job and daydreamed about his girlfriend, with whom he had excellent sex last night except he was drunk at the time. He acknowledges that there are bad things in the world, but he knows that he's immune to atom bombs, seeing as he had freakin' awesome sex with his girlfriend last night except he was drunk. I think there's a nice contrast between the lyrics and music in the first bridge- the terrible things being said in the major key. However I still think it sounds like he's saying "velvet rings" instead of "bell that rings". SEXXY (Warren Rigg Mix): I hate it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Elitza Nicolaou ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The Spork Princess" ana-ng@poetic.com http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The thing's hollow- it goes on forever- and- oh my God! It's full of stars!" - 2001: A Space Odyssey ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33518EC3.34AB@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:56:19 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: 387-6962 NAR?!! > My opinion that I am positive of is another giantism on the number as the > start of the word Tonight, as in: > 3-8-7-6-9-6-2-night....... Well, as I hear it, it is "NARRRRRRRRGHHH." I think the "ggh" part is what his traling off into nothingness sounds like. Why would They misprint Their own lyrics, anyways? Kevin ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704132217.RAA09510@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: Hay Hay! Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:08:30 -0500 My server was screwed for the last two+ days, so anything you all have posted went right by me. And, chances are, it will do this again. Why? Because I live in Hell. And I'm sure you care. BUT, I was alerted to a mambo album that did ISTANBUL (and it's pretty snazzy!). I'll have more information later, as the guy only downloaded me a snippet.. Mike "No, Lucy, you can't be in the Babbaloo!" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:15:25 -0400 Message-Id: <199704140215.WAA01877@smtp1.erols.com> From: Sadly Bear Subject: TMBG: Xfiles references Just watched Xfiles and noticed Mulder stating how having yourself come back from the future put a whole new spin on being your own worst enemy. At the end, he also said "Never is a long time." Not really tmbg references, but it'd be nice to think they were. Ellen Kao ===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-== "You are the ghost town, and I am the heartland." ===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-== ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 21:53:05 -0500 (CDT) From: Lara Schmidt Subject: Re: TMBG: Xfiles references Message-ID: On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Sadly Bear wrote: > Just watched Xfiles and noticed Mulder stating how having yourself come back > from the future put a whole new spin on being your own worst enemy. At the > end, he also said "Never is a long time." Not really tmbg references, but > it'd be nice to think they were. "It's not necessary to breathe. Forever is a long time. Your head is on the moon." That's a pretty vague reference to a pretty broad and popular sentiment. Still, we can hope. Maybe someday we'll see an episode with a supernatural aging element and Mulder will be walking down a hospital hallway with Scully and say, "Well, you know Scully, you're older than you've ever been..." He'll stop walking and turn to her with that dead pan gaze and continue, "and now you're even older." Lara Schmidt _________________ poet, writer, musician, webslave! _________________ www.cclabs.missouri.edu/~maneater www.missouri.edu/~moreview www.cclabs.missouri.edu/~c619888 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970414025918.006937b4@spectra.net> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:59:18 -0400 From: ".,.-'*~*'-,.,..AmY" Subject: TMBG: Tmbg references...kinda I was really bored today, and I was watching Hairspray, and when Tracy was hiding in this apartment with these 2 beatnik ppls, the beatnik chick got out this book called Howl, and she started reading that poem that is the first line of I Should be Allowed to think-"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness starving histerical..." it was kinda weird. --Amy #B) &:) #B) &:) #B) &:) #B) &:) #B) &:) JUST PONDERING THIS TIME BOMB IN MY MIND AnaNgel@tmbg.org | seta@spectra.net http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3540 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:10:30 -0500 (CDT) From: ILOVEMARTHASTEWART Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Morphine Message-Id: On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Bill Tatalovich wrote: > And for those of you who don't know, I do believe that Morphine is the > single most sensual band that I listen to. Now if I could only find a > girl who likes them too.... hey, guess what? you did. i dig morphine, but missed the show here last tuesday. if you saw them wednesday, we must be close. hmmmm. :) jillian ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* my name is jillian i study the earth i need a job woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* ------------------------------ From: PACQUISTO@aol.com Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 23:15:47 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970413231248_-799337691@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Horde Someone told me that Ween is supposed to play a few dates for the Horde Festival. nick ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199704140325.XAA29407@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 13 Apr 1997 22:25:10 EDT Subject: TMBG: Hay Hay! MA>My server was screwed for the last two+ days, so anything you all MA>have posted went right by me. And, chances are, it will do MA>this again. Why? Because I live in Hell. Well, a lot of us live in hell then. Much of the midwest (myself included) was without e-mail and internet access for most of saturday and some of this morning. The point of presence in Chicago went kaput, leaving a bunch of local servers without service. The company responsible for the Chicago POP assures us that the e-mail for that time will get through, but I have yet to recieve any of it. If anyone posted anything of earthshattering importance for we midwesterners, could you possibly re-post it, or at least send it to me privately? I would be much obliged... Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199704140325.XAA29413@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 13 Apr 1997 22:25:06 EDT Subject: TMBG: In deffence of Techno SEXXY EN>SEXXY (Warren Rigg Mix): I hate it. I must defend the SEXXY remix. It's not that bad. Maybe you're not a techno fan? I know it's not perfect, but sounds a lot better than some techno I've heard, and it's Them. It's not something I would want to listen to constantly but, come on, it's fun and it beats the living hell out of the worlds address and istanbul remix. Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704140345.WAA146212@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:40:24 -0500 From: Geoffrey McNulty Subject: Re: TMBG: In deffence of Techno SEXXY Hey, what's wrong with the "world's address" and "istanbul" remixes? i love em both. i don't know, maybe it's because i love picking out samples and loops. the whole dj thing could have something to do with it too. geoffy At 10:25 PM 4/13/97 EDT, you wrote: >EN>SEXXY (Warren Rigg Mix): I hate it. > >I must defend the SEXXY remix. It's not that bad. Maybe you're not a >techno fan? I know it's not perfect, but sounds a lot better than some >techno I've heard, and it's Them. It's not something I would want to >listen to constantly but, come on, it's fun and it beats the living hell >out of the worlds address and istanbul remix. > >Chris >UtopiaOne@qconline.com > > > * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." (608) 264-0123 | --Tori Amos * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ My New Home Page!!! http://www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704140348.WAA117552@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:43:36 -0500 From: Geoffrey McNulty Subject: Re: TMBG: Hay Hay! doesn't your server hold on to messages if it can't deliver them? mine does. if the server goes down for a day, i'll get all my messages, sometimes up to 150 a day, when it does come back on (when it is on, my email automatically comes in every 15 mins). it may be annoying getting 150 messages all at one time, but at least i get my mail. g-e-o-f-f-y * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." (608) 264-0123 | --Tori Amos * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ My New Home Page!!! http://www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704140306.WAA14478@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hay Hay! Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:57:21 -0500 Perhaps this all had to do with the gargantuan shockwave that hit our earth from the solar flare recently. Hmmm.. Why DOES the sun shine? Mike "Radiation? What radoojnm,m/.' > > > MA>My server was screwed for the last two+ days, so anything you all > MA>have posted went right by me. And, chances are, it will do > MA>this again. Why? Because I live in Hell. > > Well, a lot of us live in hell then. Much of the midwest (myself > included) was without e-mail and internet access for most of saturday > and some of this morning. The point of presence in Chicago went kaput, > leaving a bunch of local servers without service. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970413230420.0068ed34@waldo.ivcc.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 23:04:20 -0500 From: Court Schuett Subject: TMBG: Spin Online Someone on another list brought this up, and I thought you guys might be interested. I haven't been there yet, but.... >If you haven't heard get me out of here, its still on the Spin page: >http://www.premrad.com/music/spin/vault/spin95.html > >For anyone checking this out, the song starts at about 10:03 into the >recording, and goes to about 14:15. >Right before it, though, is a recording of Everclear and Hagfish covering >TMBG's "Twistin'" live, for any TMBG fans out there... > Might want to check it out. -Court /* Court Schuett, a totally modern boy. schuett@waldo.ivcc.edu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ This house is sort of haunted I'm not the man you wanted Scrubbed the floor but the bloodstains settled in I didn't mean to astound you The afternoon I found you And I swear to god I aimed the gun at him -Too Much Joy **************************************************************************** ***/ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 23:21:22 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: TMBG: BF5ers Message-ID: Ben Folds Five are playing here in SA on Thursday, and I'm wondering if I should go. I know very little about them, and I've heard mixed opinions about them (the positive ones coming from you guys and the people on the XTC and CTD lists). So can anyone explain to me what kind of music it is (or at least attempt to)? I've heard they're winy and they sound like DC Talk, except they're not a religious band. If this is the case, I'll avoid them like the plague. Can someone guide me??? -Mark ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3351B302.1536@ou.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:30:58 -0600 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: "It's a real tornado, you ain't in NYC, baby" > listen to constantly but, come on, it's fun and it beats the living hell > out of the worlds address and istanbul remix. Hey! I like (well, most of) the Istanbul remix. It does seem to get out of sinc (sink? I've never actually wrote this word) sometimes.. but I adore the intro!! Sometimes I just walk around saying to people.."It's a white tornado!.. and spinning and everything, it's a white tornado!" Heather www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8982 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 00:40:06 -0400 From: Don Glasgow Subject: TMBG: Q.. Message-id: <3.0.32.19970414004006.0068d458@ic3.ithaca.edu> Where is this Istanbul remix you speak of? -Don ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:08:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: 387-6962 NAR?!! Message-ID: Misprint their own lyrics? O don't think they actually wrote the booklet themselves, you know. I believe they wrote the narration, then someone else compiled the booklet. (and the lyrics.) I mean, think about it. Do They Might Be Giants generally resort to nonsense, such as "narrrrrrrrggh" Or do they do clever (or semi-clever) things such as 2-night? * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Kevin McGuire wrote: > > My opinion that I am positive of is another giantism on the number as the > > start of the word Tonight, as in: > > 3-8-7-6-9-6-2-night....... > > Well, as I hear it, it is "NARRRRRRRRGHHH." I think the "ggh" part is > what his traling off into nothingness sounds like. > > Why would They misprint Their own lyrics, anyways? > > Kevin > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:24:11 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Tallahassee Moon Show, Dammit! Message-ID: This is the 3rd attempt at writing this message. Damned ISP KEEPS CUTTING OFF ARGH!!!! Anyway, it was a great show which I thouroughly enjoyed, here's the set list. The Critic Intro (!) New York City James K. Polk (With confetti cannon - deadly poision confetti - this stuff was coming down throughout the whole concert) She's Actual Size (With intro of drummer) Spider Sleeping In The Flowers Birhouse In Your Soul (unfortunately not goddamn :) ) Meet james Ensor (Real slooow like) Spiraling Shape SEXXY Older Spy (With crowd directing + I am Not Your Broom Ending) Shoehorn With Teeth Counterfeit Faker XTC vs. Adam Ant Exquisite Dead Guy Rhythm Section Want Ad Pet name No One Knows My Plan The Guitar How Can I Sing Like A Girl until my Head Falls Off Encore 1: Turn Around, Twisting, Dig My Grave. Encore 2: istanbul. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 00:17:05 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Morphine Message-ID: On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Bill Tatalovich wrote: > And for those of you who don't know, I do believe that Morphine is the > single most sensual band that I listen to. Now if I could only find a > girl who likes them too.... Morphine is awesome! Their sound reminds me a lot of something Angelo Badalamenti might do (he's the guy who did most of the music for Twin Peaks and some other David Lynch stuff)...that same rich, dark, smoky sound. Yeah, for some reason when I hear Morphine I think "smoky". It's not similar in style so much as in the mood it evokes, I guess... --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:23:28 -0400 From: Don Glasgow Subject: TMBG: Istanbul Single Message-id: <3.0.32.19970414012327.00690498@ic3.ithaca.edu> DOes anyone know of an MP#, WAV, or RA of that Istanbul remix? An MP3 would be ideal if anyone has one, or knows of one..thanks a lot!! -Don PS - TMBG said at their Irving plaza show (the last one) that "THEY'd be back in April or May" (i dont remember which month they said, but it was april or may) does anyone know what they meant by that? do they mean back to NYC, or just surrounding areas? ohw ell.. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3351BF96.6986@ou.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 23:24:38 -0600 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: Re: TMBG:A.. It's on the Istanbul single. (Cover art done by my idol!! J. Otto Seibold.. www.jotto.com) I got mine from the FM Singles thing on the web.. and no, it's not somewhere you go if you are lonely and want a date, silly peoples. O;) Heather www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8982 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704140549.BAA03520@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: "Det. Dave" Organization: Basement Party Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:46:07 -0500 Subject: TMBG: St. Pete Show Det. Dave here... First, the set list: Critic intro How Can I Sing Like a Girl James K. Polk (w/ confetti cannon) She's Actual Size Spider Sleeping in the Flowers (they started with the chorus) Birdhouse Spiralling Shape Meet James Ensor (really slow) Where Your Eyes Don't Go (woohoo!) SEXXY Older Spy (W/I am not your broom) Shoehorn (love that glockenspeil!!!) Counterfeit Faker XTC vs Adam Ant Exquisite Dead Guy (Flans had trouble controlling his puppet) Rhythm Section Want Ad Pet Name No One Know My Plan (Everyone Congo!!!) The Guitar I Can Hear You Particle Man NYC Until My Head Falls Off Encore 1: Turn Around Twisting Dig My Grave Encore 2: Istanbul At the begining of the show Linnell wasn't into the show, but about two thirds of the way through, he seemed to be having fun, but was totally ignoring the crowd. Flans hammed it up bigtime. They plugged FS and T:TEY a lot. Flans said," We can't release our next album until we sell all of the copies of FS!" The opening band, Gravel Pit, sucked. The lead singer looked like he was Drew Carey's younger brother. No one paid any attention. Cub was supposed to open, but their management wanted too much money. Rampant pot smoking. The worst part was it was nasty smelling stuff. If you're going to do drugs in public, have the decency to get good stuff so those around you can enjoy the contact high. ;-) All in all, an average THEY show. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-103 ******************************