Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-111 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 111 Tuesday, 22 April 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG vs BF5 TMBG: WMC & Bohager's Boots TMBG: Car? Oh, um, *that* car... TMBG: It's over it's over it's over now TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity RE: TMBG: TMBG FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 RE: TMBG: TMBG FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity nonTMBG: re FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 TMBG: thanks Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Re: nonTMBG: re FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity TMBG: TMBG-Related: Brian Dewan CD Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity TMBG: Tranquility Bass TMBG: Kenyon Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity TMBG: Western MD and Bohagers TMBG: non-tmbg: heheh TMBG: non-tmbg: heheh TMBG: Wesleyan show. Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Re: TMBG: Wesleyan show. Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters RE: nonTMBG: re FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 Re: TMBG: Adventure! Romance! A really big Stick! The Great TMBG Saga, pt. 2 Re: TMBG: Kenyon Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters Re: TMBG: Tranquility Bass TMBG: Rat Patrol Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters Re: TMBG: Kenyon Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters Sorta-TMBG: (!) Re: TMBG: Kenyon Re: TMBG: Kenyon Re: TMBG: Kenyon Re: TMBG: Kenyon Re: TMBG: Kenyon Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199704211007.TAA05143@mita1.cc.mita.keio.ac.jp> Subject: TMBG: TMBG vs BF5 Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 19:07:14 +0900 From: NAOYUKI ISOGAI Hello There! Is there anyone who is interested in the Japanese single of BF5's _SONG FOR THE DUMPED_? It also includes "CHAMPAGNE SUPERNOVA" (originally performed by OASIS) and "THEME FROM 'DR. PYSER'". I'd be happy to TRADE it for some TMBG's single that I don't have. Espacially, _THE GUITAR_ [66394-2] in MINT CONDITION is wanted. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I already have _ISTANBUL_, _THE GUITAR_, _WHY DOES THE SUN SHINE?_, _BACK TO SKULL_, and _S-E-X-X-Y_. If there's someone who's willing to trade me _I PALINDROME I_ [66425-2] or something, please just email me privately... I'm waiting for a good reply... Cheers! ---- NaoyuKing, the faculty "Sad, sad, sad, sad, of Economics, KEIO Univ. why must I be sad..." E-mail:b9400863@mita.cc.keio.ac.jp ------------------------------ Message-ID: <335B57CA.1F1D@neors.cat.cc.md.us> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:04:26 -0400 From: "Adam P. Fistler" Subject: TMBG: WMC & Bohager's Boots I have boots of the 4-18 WMC Show and 4-19 Bohager's show. I am open to 2-1's or trades. If you are going to trade me make sure to send me a bootlist when you write. Also for sale Why Does The Sun Shine 7" Vynal - Make Me An Offer O Tannenbaum 7" Vynal - Make Me An Offer Don't Let's Start 3" CD Single - Make Me An Offer WMC 4-18-97 90 Min B+ Side 1: Side 2: Critic Intro Shoehorn With Teeth SEXXY Particle Man She's Actual Size Pet Name Spider No One Knows My Plans Birhouse In Your Soul The Guitar Sleeping In The Flowers Twisiting Spiraling Shape Turn Around New York City XTC Vs Adam Ant Counterfeit Faker Exquiste Dead Guy The Replacements Until My Head Falls Off Older ----------------------- Spy Istanbul Meet James Ensor Dig My Grave Bohagers 4-19-97 135 Min B+ Set 1: Side 1: Cowtown Puppet Head Number Three Mr. Me I'll Sink Manhattan 32 Footsteps You'll Miss Me Hide Away Folk Family (She Was A) Hotel Detecitve Ana Ng Lie Still, Little Bottle Set 2: Side 1: Side 2: Critic Intro Shoehorn With Teeth New York City Rythm Section Want Ad James K. Polk Particle Man She's Actual Size Pet Name Spider No One Knows My Plans Sleeping In The Flowers The Guitar Birdhouse In Your Soul Istanbul Meet James Ensor Turn Around Spiraling Shape Twistin' Where Your Eyes Don't Go Dig My Grave SEXXY Counterfeit Faker The Replacements Older Spy I Am Not Your Broom ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970421110814.0073b904@mail.vt.edu> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 07:08:14 -0400 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Car? Oh, um, *that* car... To the dude who asked where the car was now: a) It's probably been towed back to my house in western Loudoun County. I realized on the way back to VA Tech (my mommy had to drive me) that the reason it wouldn't start was because not only was the water pump not operating due to that belt falling off in the crash (though actually that was the *only* engine damage), but the alternator is on the same belt (or lack thereof)! That means the battery won't recharge as you drive, in case you didn't care. b) Did you purposely lurk in the shadows waiting for the absolute LONGEST message to get posted before you went and QUOTED THE ENTIRE THING, adding in your one-line comment? Just checkin'. I suppose the experience was okay, because I got to go to the show, Christy is not dead, and the most damage that could possibly be done to the car is $200, because that's all my little Rabbit is worth. However, I have two gripes and you're all going to read them now: GRIPE #1: Christy and I have been to ten zillion shows in this area in the past couple years. It's kind of a rule of nature: if They come 'round, we're there. So, anyway, I realize around Wednesday-ish that there is absolutely no way I can attend the Bohager's show and still manage to pass several classes. Now all I am hearing is how exquisitely wonderful the second show was! I go to all the trouble of driving 12 hours round trip just to see a very short, Factory Showroom era show, not to mention crashing my stupid car, when I could have gone to the second one and been ever so much happier. GRIPE #2: I left several CDs in the car at 7-11, including the master copy of the WAV compilation that I have to burn and/or record for several people. My mom is mailing it down to me ASAP, but if y'all (Ben/Been, woletz, etc.) get to wondering about why I'm a couple'a days behind, well, that's why. For the rest of you who may not know about this CD, go read about it instead: http://www.foo.org/jon/music/tmbg/sounds/index.html ---## Current Events: ##--- I woke up about an hour ago on the couch in our study lounge, face-down in my philosophy textbook which I assume I was reading last night. Now I'm off to Object Oriented Software Design, wherein I shall attempt to be civil to my project group. (Hmm... three people, together for eternity, working on frizzi@!$#!@$%friggin CS projects... I think we have "No Exit, Part II".) * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "He's an addict and that's a fact, but at least he's not smoking crack..." * -Dance Hall Crashers, "Java Junkie" ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:21:51 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970421122149_112722262@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: It's over it's over it's over now >why is that odd, i don't see what They and SNZ have in common that would >make a fan of one a fan of the other... Yeah.. I'm not a fan of the SNZ's... >only fan of TMBG >in my entire school. Yes folks, that's right. I wear my TMBG shirts >whenever I go someplace around the wonderful state of Wisconsin with the >hope of attracting other fans. Yaaaaaaaai! he weirdest thing happened today!! Oh my John! okay - I'm walking to homeroom, and I see a girl (even close to my short height too) - wearing... A BARENAKED LADIES shirt! *THEN* - I'm walking to lab, and I see a TMBG (HAYSEED JOHNS) SHIRT!!! YES! If that weren't enough - *in* lab, a girl saw my bookbag (which I've written all over) and seeing it she says "They Might Be Giants! I love them!" Me: "Really? Cool... Did you see them in december?" her:"No [sad face] but I wanted to... I saw them on *Viva Variety* though." WHAT does it all MEAN? The world is coming to an end.. >latin/NO ONE Latin? sarah:) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421133446.0069d138@pop.erols.com> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:34:46 -0400 From: Claudia Maria Poblete Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: TMBG FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:13:09 -0700 Okay folks, for those of you who are having problems playing mp3's that everyone else seems to be able to.... It seems netscape has (yet another) bug, this one in the download department. Seems it sometimes will corrupt files it's pulling, usually from ftp, but sometimes from http too. The solution I've found it to load the same file via Internet Explorer. In every case, it's worked. Jesse PS: Thanks to Patrick Savage (psavage@vt.edu) for helping me with this problem. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:23:50 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: RE: TMBG: TMBG FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 Message-ID: On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: ** Okay folks, for those of you who are having problems playing ** mp3's that everyone else seems to be able to.... On a related note, if you're trying to use LENC32 and you keep getting an error no matter what you do, you probably need the file go32.exe. I have this if you need it, or I can tell you where to get it. RS ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704211753.MAA07248@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:40:54 -0500 ---------- > From: Claudia Maria Poblete (compressed with MikeZip (tm) ) > I was catching up with a bizzillion posts and something > occured to me: is it just me or is the majority of this list comprised > of highschoolers??? I'd be shocked to find that you alone are comprised of highschoolers. >ive seen some postings from college kids...but what > the heck is the average age on this list?? We should have everybody fill out a survey. Their name, where they live, their age, their likes, et cetera, and then put it on the list. Mike "It would look a lot like the backs of trading cards" Leffel ^_^ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421145307.00f6a998@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:53:07 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: nonTMBG: re FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 >It seems netscape has (yet another) bug, this one in the download >department. Seems it sometimes will corrupt files it's pulling, usually >from ftp, but sometimes from http too. The solution I've found it to >load the same file via Internet Explorer. In every case, it's worked. is this only with the beta version of Netscape? Oh, and I wouldn't recommend using IE, just use an FTP program. -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421150516.0069d830@pop.erols.com> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:05:16 -0400 From: Claudia Maria Poblete Subject: TMBG: thanks [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:10:55 -0400 (EDT) From: She Might Be Amy Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Message-ID: Mike "It would look a lot like the backs of trading cards" Leffel ^_^ said > We should have everybody fill out a survey. Their name, where they > live, their age, their likes, et cetera, and then put it on the list. Hmmmm......Bill? You still out there? :) Amy :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:17:22 -0500 From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity At 1:40 PM -0500 4/21/97, Mike Leffel wrote: > >We should have everybody fill out a survey. Their name, where they >live, their age, their likes, et cetera, and then put it on the list. > didn't we already do that?!? whatever happened to the results of that survey... trippy ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:16:42 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199704211916.PAA31590@hubcap.clemson.edu> From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: nonTMBG: re FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 At 02:53 PM 4/21/97 -0400, you wrote: > >is this only with the beta version of Netscape? Oh, and I wouldn't >recommend using IE, just use an FTP program. Same here...you'll be surprised by how much faster a dedicated FTP program is than a web browser... :> TTYL, -Adam /========================================\ Adam Tyner 0- ctyner@awod.com http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ Home of He-Man, Weird Al, MST3K, and more! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421152046.00f57d38@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:20:46 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity >We should have everybody fill out a survey. Their name, where they >live, their age, their likes, et cetera, and then put it on the list. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Instead of that, I have a better idea. The following is a filled-out survey that is EXACTLY what EVERYONE's would look like, so no need to post more! :: > --- > SURVEY > > Name one band you like: They Might Be Giants > > --- > That's it! Mystery solved! -ec "Scooby-doobie-doo!" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <335BC9DB.3496@mail.sdsu.edu> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:11:07 -0700 From: Jordan David Maynard Subject: TMBG: TMBG-Related: Brian Dewan CD Hey list, So I *just* got my "Brian Dewan: Tells the Story" CD by FedEx and am listening to it now. Mr. Dewan is a multiple contributor to the Hello Label, and has toured with TMBG numerous time. I just want to tell anyone who has seen Brian Dewan open for They that the CD is really really (really) worth the $14 or so dollars! For those of you who don't know what I am talkin' 'bout, Brian Dewan plays an electric zither (autoharp) and his music i *guess* could be clasified as folk, but more accuratly folk-on-speed (it's definately *not* ska `;) Anyways, if you point your real-audio savvy browser at www.musicblvd.com and type in Brian Dewan as the search, they have samples of all the songs on the CD. Im gonna qoute some lyrics from one of his songs, but since the songs really *are* stories, i feel obliged to put >>>SPOILER<<< here. So, uh, don't read the lyrics at the bottom unless you don't mind it being, uh, spoilt. (I actually recommend *not* reading the lyrics until *after* you listen to the CD once through, it's alot funnier that way) Regardless, its your own fault if you continue scrolling down and then are upset coz you didn't want the see the lyrics... JDM S P O I L E R S P A C E The Letter Once a lady did receive a letter in the mail She cut open the envelope to see what was inside The letter said to make copies to mail to twenty people The chain has been around the world fifty-thousand times The letter said there was a man who kept the chain unbroken Soon afterwards he won a million dollars and retired But another man had failed to keep the letter going He was killed in an automobile just after he was fired... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704211926.OAA08713@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:16:09 -0500 > > then do it :) forgive me for being a newbie... like you were never one yourself > sorry if you misunderstood me... a while back this happened and everyone and their uncles did it, and a lot of people got pee-o'd and it was quite a ruckus and I was merely joking about it... Mike "Hee Hee" Leffel Instigator of Confusion ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970421133253.006f0d44@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:32:59 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Tranquility Bass >A band called "tranquility bass" (from the outer planetary mix of the guitar) >just put out an album called "Let the Freak Flag Fly" Sounds to me like it's a pun on Tranquility Base, which is on the moon. :) >Okay, here's the deal; on Monday, April 21, I say we all call up 107.7 The End >and ask for TMBG. This is all very well and good, Vlad, but there are several different radio stations called 107.7 The End in various parts of the country. I guess they think it sounds hip or something. *nicole pauses to think* Heck, it wouldn't hurt if everyone called up their respective 107.7 The End, would it? We could have a day of TMBG, coast to coast! As for me, I don't think Sacto has a 107.7 The End, but we do have a 90.7 KDVS, and they sometimes play TMBG. Wow, Christy, that's quite an adventure!!!! And I really want a boot of this concert! But why are you so hostile towards our Karen? :) Gotta scoot, --nicole the wonder nerd busily hoping that they'll come back to San Jose soon. *** "Simultaneous events don't happen--we are isolated temporally."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.16.19970421154859.08e76352@email.uc.edu> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:49:32 -0400 From: "%^)" Subject: TMBG: Kenyon All righty then, so there are at least four of us (or is it five?) who are planning to go to this show so far. Well, if anyone wants to meet or whatever, I'll probably be wearing my TMBG drunk birds shirt, a black and white flannel if the weather's chilly, and an Animaniacs hat (black). ##################################### Heather Garver garverhl@email.uc.edu http://www.eng.uc.edu/~hgarver "Everyone wants to see that grooovy thing..." ##################################### ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:59:06 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Message-ID: Why don't you run a poll and find out? -Mark On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Claudia Maria Poblete wrote: > I was catching up with a bizzillion posts and something occured to me: > > > is it just me or is the majority of this list comprised of highschoolers??? > > > ive seen some postings from college kids...but what the heck is the average age on this list?? > > > email privately as to keep this off the list > > 0000,ffff,0000simsh@erols.com > > 0000,ffff,0000www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Marina/6972 > > www.geocities.com/NapaValley/3218 > > > ------------------------------ From: Statue@aol.com Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 16:59:35 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970421165726_-1469018399@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Western MD and Bohagers Heya! Wow. I dont think I've written to the list since December, but I have to tell eveyone about the concerts. FRIDAY: WESTERN MD: I arrive with my friend Dana at 4:45 pm and walk inside the gym, which was still unlocked. We sat around until seven, and the nice security people didn't kick us outside, being that we had been there for so long. I heard the soundcheck which was very funny (after every song they played "Peter and the Wolf" for around 2 minutes). John F and his wife came into the lobby twice and didn't stop to talk to us, even though we were the only people there. Graham , however, did give us a hello. He was with his wife and two adorable kids. He was pushing a stroller. Rock God. The show was good (not great) and they played some good FS songs. Little did I know that Saturday would rock my world. SATURDAY: BOHAGERS: My friend Hal and I arrived at 5:30 to an empty club and heard TMBG soundchecking inside with Metal Detector, Lie Still Little Bottle, You'll Miss Me, and Cowtown. We met some nice people, namely David and Heather and Alex and Cyril. Doors opened at 7 and I ran in and was in front of the stage the whole time. Around one foot away. They went on at 7:50 and played for fourty minutes as a duo. Just John and John, and only playing songs from the first two CDs. This was the best concert experience of my life. It was the first time I heard Puppet head live, as well as many other songs I'd never heard live. They came back out with the full and and played for an hour and 20 minutes. As Matt mentioned, they played Rhythm Section Want Ad (my favorite song). They did not perfor the two encores thay had listed on the set list. Enc 1: ANGEL, NOTHING< POLKA. Enc 2: XTC, EXQ, TIL. 6 great songs. Ucchhhh... NBut aside from that disapointment, the show was great. Sorry for those who didn't really care. Neal ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421170003.006a6784@pop.erols.com> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:00:03 -0400 From: Claudia Maria Poblete Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: heheh [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421170619.006a9ef8@pop.erols.com> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:06:19 -0400 From: Claudia Maria Poblete Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: heheh [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970421162109.00912ba0@waldo.ivcc.edu> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 16:21:10 -0500 From: Court Schuett Subject: TMBG: Wesleyan show. Anybody else go to the show last night? It was a pretty good concert. Sadly, Cub didn't open. A group called Big Head Todd and the Monsters. They were pretty good, but I had never heard of them before. TMBG played a pretty short show, but it did include "I Am Not Your Broom" Did anyone record it? 'Cause I'd like a bootleg of it. Is anyone going to the 30th show in Chicago? :) -Court /* Court Schuett, a totally modern boy. schuett@waldo.ivcc.edu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I met her at the movies, she was there on her own A bargain matinee Theater deserted, she sat right next to me Can't remember what played that day She leans, real near She whispers in my ear I blink, she grins I choke on my M&M's -Too Much Joy *****************************************************************************/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 16:45:21 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: curiosity Message-ID: > > We should have everybody fill out a survey. Their name, where they > > live, their age, their likes, et cetera, and then put it on the list. > > Hmmmm......Bill? You still out there? :) > Amy :) Yeah, Amy, I'm here. It's good to see that SOMEONE has an attention span longer than "Spider." Yes, I am the one who has done a survey of the list (in fact...Mike, the one who suggested that we do a survey, sent me his results.....). I'm almost done, but for all I know the server could crash for the tenth time (seriously, folks....I'm not exagerrating) and erase all of my stuff. Or I could get sick again and fuck up the proceedings. Cross your fingers, folks, and the results will be up in about a week. See ya. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "I'm sure back home they think I've lost my mind." --Ben Folds Five (who I'm seeing tomorrow in St. Louis... anyone going? e-mail me...) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421174802.006a35b8@pop.erols.com> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:48:02 -0400 From: Claudia Maria Poblete Subject: Re: TMBG: Wesleyan show. [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <335C0149.FA@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:07:37 -0700 From: The Cowans Subject: Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters mja4@cornell.edu wrote: > > On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, The Cowans wrote: > > > Well, yesterday in class someone said they hated Them (yet they like > > SNZ, oddly)... > > why is that odd, i don't see what They and SNZ have in common that would > make a fan of one a fan of the other... > > Trippy Well, alot of people on here seem to like SNZ and TMBG and SNZ are a bit out of the ordinary...I don't know. In my own little world it works:) Blink ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: nonTMBG: re FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:13:08 -0700 >---------- >From: Adam Tyner[SMTP:ctyner@awod.com] >Sent: Monday, April 21, 1997 12:16 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: nonTMBG: re FTP Archive updated @ 198.82.89.54 > >At 02:53 PM 4/21/97 -0400, you wrote: >> >>is this only with the beta version of Netscape? Oh, and I wouldn't >>recommend using IE, just use an FTP program. > >Same here...you'll be surprised by how much faster a dedicated FTP program >is than a web browser... :> Yes, but ftp software usually doesn't know how to navigate firewalls. (: Jesse ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:46:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970421184631_1520119088@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Adventure! Romance! A really big Stick! The Great TMBG Saga, pt. 2 Yet even more Moose addenda! Hello people. I'm still glowing. Vera's still glowing. About fifty percent of the words that came out of our mouths this morning consisted exclusively of "god, I want Linnell." But the point, and I do have one, is that we had this thought on the way to Bohager's which the next person who gets an interview with Them should remember: Do They recognize audience-type people They see multiple times? I'd say people like us and those wacky purple toupee girls and the chicks with the glitter are fairly high-profile, but then, of course, how many shows do They do in your average month? Inquiring meese want to know. moose aka that blue thing "though I once preferred a human being's company, they pale before the mono puff that towers over me" ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon Message-ID: <19970421.211832.4494.4.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:18:27 EDT On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:49:32 -0400 "%^)" writes: >All righty then, so there are at least four of us (or is it five?) who >are >planning to go to this show so far. Well, if anyone wants to meet or >whatever, I'll probably be wearing my TMBG drunk birds shirt, a black >and >white flannel if the weather's chilly, and an Animaniacs hat (black). > Alright, I would love to meet you there. I will be wearing black jeans and a SPAM shirt. I'm posting this on the list so that anybody else who's going to the Kenyon concert on Saturday can e-mail us. What time are you getting there. I will be there at around 2:00, maybe a tiny bit later. -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters Message-ID: <19970421.211832.4494.5.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:18:27 EDT >Well, alot of people on here seem to like SNZ and TMBG and SNZ are a >bit >out of the ordinary...I don't know. In my own little world it works:) > Who is SNZ? STOP USING THESE FUCKING ANNOYING ACRONYMS!!!!!!!!!! -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Tranquility Bass Message-ID: <19970421.211832.4494.3.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:18:27 EDT > >This is all very well and good, Vlad, but there are several different >radio >stations called 107.7 The End in various parts of the country. I >guess >they think it sounds hip or something. *nicole pauses to think* >Heck, it >wouldn't hurt if everyone called up their respective 107.7 The End, >would >it? We could have a day of TMBG, coast to coast! As for me, I don't >think >Sacto has a 107.7 The End, but we do have a 90.7 KDVS, and they >sometimes >play TMBG. > Actually for me it's 107.9 The End. Is that unusual? -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 21 Apr 97 21:28 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: Rat Patrol Is it just me, or does Rat Patrol sound somewhat like one of those 70s groups, like Yes? It sounds familiar to me... Yes might not be the group I'm thinking of... Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704220133.VAA17650@one.net> From: "Doug Haas" Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:32:02 +0005 Subject: Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters > >Well, alot of people on here seem to like SNZ and TMBG and SNZ are a > >bit > >out of the ordinary...I don't know. In my own little world it works:) > > > > Who is SNZ? STOP USING THESE FUCKING ANNOYING ACRONYMS!!!!!!!!!! Squirrel Nut Zippers I believe. pretty cool band. it's like big band with an attitude. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704220155.UAA25649@dfw-ix8.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:53:48 -0700 What is the preoccupation with SPAM among young whippersnappers nowadays? All I ever see are SPAM shirts and kids talking about how they love the taste of SPAM. Yuck. > > Alright, I would love to meet you there. I will be wearing black jeans > and a SPAM shirt. I'm posting this on the list so that anybody else who's > going to the Kenyon concert on Saturday can e-mail us. What time are you > getting there. I will be there at around 2:00, maybe a tiny bit later. > > -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! > Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the > part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ From: mja4@cornell.edu Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:16:19 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: TMBG:Ways to defend against TMBG-haters Message-ID: On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Doug Haas wrote: > > >Well, alot of people on here seem to like SNZ and TMBG and SNZ are a > > >bit > > >out of the ordinary...I don't know. In my own little world it works:) > > > > > Squirrel Nut Zippers I believe. pretty cool band. it's like big > band with an attitude. actually they are ragtime/dixieland/swing which predates big band (they'd need a few more people to be a big band anyway :) ) it's rather odd that SNZ are so popular, but you have to keep in mind that the style of music they play is not unique, there are many bands that play the same style of music and probably do a better job, after all their style of music has been around since the twenties... Trippy ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Message-Id: <9704220302.AA09530@sncils.snc.edu> Subject: Sorta-TMBG: (!) Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:02:35 -0500 (CDT) John 2:17 ... and the masses didst continue to use their impious Acronymns, though the Gods John and John didst protest. "Cast off your heathen ways," they didst pronounce from On High, yet the masses heeded them not. "You must embrace the goodness which is The Name Of The Song, so that ye might one day rejoice in the ecstacy which is The Land Of Giants." And still the masses did not heed the warning... John 2:34 ... so the Johns didst cast off a mighty and thunderous force towards the heretics, yelling "Repent! Repent! Your End is Near!" And the heretics did perish in a flame of holy glory. The people yea verily didst offer their sacrifices of Asparagus and Parsely, and they yea verily didst refer to the band 'Squirrel Nut Zippers' as 'Squirrel Nut Zippers', and they didst dine on the fruits and the berries and the toast and the breakfast cereals and the orangutans and... John 2:98 ... and the SPAM, and the Johns saw that it was Good, and they didst proclaim "This land is purified, and these people are ours." And so it was. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704220221.VAA17192@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:11:23 -0500 ---------- > From: Evan R Kleve > Alright, I would love to meet you there. I will be wearing black jeans > and a SPAM shirt. Stop using those fucking acronyms. Mike "Audience Laughs" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970421231642.00722ea8@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 23:16:42 -0400 From: Perry lee Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon At 06:53 PM 04/21/97 -0700, you wrote: >What is the preoccupation with SPAM among young whippersnappers nowadays? >All I ever see are SPAM shirts and kids talking about how they love the >taste of SPAM. Yuck. In a pinch it's useful to wax a snowboard. No joke. zink |Whee...|Simultaneous events don't happen...|Whee...| |Wooo...|...We are isolated temporally. |Wooo...| ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon Message-ID: <19970421.232250.4966.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 23:22:31 EDT On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:53:48 -0700 "Charles Box" writes: >What is the preoccupation with SPAM among young whippersnappers >nowadays? >All I ever see are SPAM shirts and kids talking about how they love >the >taste of SPAM. Yuck. > It might have a little to do with the fact that I am a Monty Python freak. By the way, I had dinner at my friends house a few weeks ago and his mom made SPAM rice. It was very good, although I have been known to eat it straight out of the can with a spoon! -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. P.S. Let's not start a huge SPAM thread, okay? ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon Message-ID: <19970422.004019.4966.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 00:40:12 EDT On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:11:23 -0500 "Mike Leffel" writes: > > >---------- >> From: Evan R Kleve >> Alright, I would love to meet you there. I will be wearing black >jeans >> and a SPAM shirt. > >Stop using those fucking acronyms. > I hope you're kidding... -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704220401.XAA18883@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 23:52:05 -0500 ---------- > From: Geoffrey McNulty > To: Mike Leffel > Subject: Re: TMBG: Kenyon > Date: Monday, April 21, 1997 11:23 PM > > er, spam is not an acronym when it comes to hormel, not email. > Ah.. what!? Mike "Rereading yet not understanding" Leffel BTW.. I meant that SPAM is SPiced hAM... nobody else got it either. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-111 ******************************