Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-118 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 118 Tuesday, 29 April 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: My Kenyon experience TMBG: Calvin Show Setlist? TMBG: Young Fresh Fellows Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Re: TMBG: The Stick! Re: TMBG: They for $4 TMBG: Purdue show! TMBG: Kenyon TMBG: Happy fun stuff ramblings (A story. Kinda.) TMBG: Whats up TMBG: Vas is das "Thing?" TMBG: Those MP3s I was gonna make... TMBG: real audio Older Re: TMBG: They for $4 Re: TMBG: They for $4 TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? Re: TMBG: They for $4 Re: TMBG: real audio Older TMBG: TMBG concerts TMBG: UK Re: TMBG: IUP show/Recorders... Re: TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Re: TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? Re: TMBG: real audio Older Re: TMBG: real audio Older TMBG: Purdue pt. 2 TMBG: re: confetThey TMBG: Menial Labor TMBG: tour 2040 shirt Re: TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? TMBG: Purdue, yay! Also trades... Re: TMBG: John-Equality Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Re: TMBG: tour 2040 shirt Re: TMBG: John-Equality TMBG: Re: Purple Toupee TMBG: Rainy day fun TMBG: Similarities search engine TMBG: Live In NY Re: TMBG: Real Audio Older TMBG: re Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Re: TMBG: real audio Older Re: TMBG: tour 2040 shirt TMBG: Interview TMBG: interview retraction TMBG: Sdrawkcab TMBG: Linnell v. Flans TMBG: Insignificant question Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Re: TMBG: Insignificant question Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Re: TMBG: Sdrawkcab TMBG: tour 2040 shirt TMBG: Purdue, yay! Re: TMBG: Sdrawkcab TMBG: Kansas Show/ Accordions TMBG: Linnell's ring TMBG: 2nu and take 6 Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! TMBG: Please don't flame me... Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 08:58:42 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: My Kenyon experience Message-ID: On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, 99 and 44/100% MIKe! wrote: ** wasn't until the end of the show until I ran into Ryan Staib, but he's a ** good guy so I'm glad I did. Oh my... :) No. Anyway. ** There were a couple of drunk people who tried to communicate with me in ** various ways but to no avail, and no unfortunate incidents occurred as a ** result of this. I know why one of them did! We were all standing around outside of the TMBG tour bus, and they thought Mike was Flans! About the same height, with a jacket that looked like the one Flans had on, glasses, brown hair... TMBG fans all around him, shaking hands and talking to him... That one guy was completely stupid though. I had to explain that we were not part of any band, but that we were standing around looking for one. He didn't really understand that, so he left. Linnell said "This next song is called Till My Head Falls Off... after being decapitated by a frisbee" because the crowd had just launched a frisbee that (I think) almost hit Graham in the head. Other stuff went on too, but that was probably the most interesting thing that no one had mentioned yet (I hope). RS ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970428092107.00690660@postoffice.worldnet.att.net> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:21:07 -0400 From: Joe Coughlin Subject: TMBG: Calvin Show Setlist? Is there anyone out there who went to the show at Calvin College last week and got the set list? I have a friend who went and who would really like to know. Thanks! JoeC ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9704281414.AA25127@comet.msd.measurex.com> Subject: TMBG: Young Fresh Fellows Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 10:14:42 EDT From: John Pletikapich >>Here is a question. What can you in the US tell me about Fine Young >> Fellows. I know they exist, but they are unknow here. What is the >>relevance >> of the reference to them in Twisting. > >Silly me. You all knew I meant Young Fresh Fellows. I don't know what I was >thinking. I was curious enough about the YFF to buy their album 'Topsy Turvy'. It's been a while since I listened to it. I got it on cassette and listen only to my CDs now. I'll try to listen to it tomorrow on my way to work. The album is fine, but not a favorite. Kinda like all the other recommendations from this list, actually. :) -- john ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:21:58 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970428102157_-199101781@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht I always thought it sounded like "fyhaaat" but now that you mentioned it, "fuaaahht" sounds more like it. Also on this note, doesn't the end of "Subliminal" sound rather like "nac uoy sa gnol sa rof lanimilbus eht otni erats"? It always has to me. :) There's another song which I of course can't remember now, but will be able to remember the very moment after I click "Send E-mail", that features yet another zanily pronouced word. -Geoff "My, wasn't THAT pathetic" Sondergard, who is now going to crawl into a dark hole and finish downloading the .mp3 of Istanbul by the Four Lads... ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704281502.AA02080@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: The Stick! Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:02:14 -0400 (EDT) Actually Geoff, you have that mixed up, too. Linnell sang Hotel Detective ('94) sped up on the album and Flansburgh sings it live in concert since he can attain those high notes like in HCISLAG and Stayin' Alive so well. /Matt > You know what, you are so right. I was mixing up HCISLAG with Hotel > Detective, which was the inspiration for How can I sing...So what i was > thinking was that Flans sang hotel detective on back to skull (sped up, of > course), and linnell sings it live. hooray for my silly self. > > geoff > > > > > >C'mon everyone, doesn't everyone agree with me that Flans sings How Can I > >Sing Like A Girl? I know it's him. Geoff, you are wrong. Linnell sings > >backup on that song. > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when > Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows > gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." > www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac | --Tori Amos > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704281509.AA02089@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: They for $4 Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:09:15 -0400 (EDT) > >Nathan, my friend, the world is indeed sad. I have found and purchased > >two XTC albums in the cheap bin. My brother even found a Fugazi cd in the > >cheap bin. Makes you want to hang yourself, doesn't it? -Mark This is far too common, actually. As we have seen in some reviews as well as people some of us have spoken to in person, there are lots of ppl out there who do not like TMBG (or many other bands that some of us may like). Music is very person and individual, you will hardly ever see a band that just about everyone likes. I've seen not only TMBG albums in the used bin but singles as well, the Guitar, Istanbul, etc for $2.99. And these are either out of print or very hard items to find. But to someone who doesn't really care about the band, he will just sell it back. If only he knew how much some of us would pay for these items. Speaking of XTC, I almost always see Skylarking and Oranges & Lemons in the used bin for $6.99 or $7.99, some people just don't see the brilliance in these works. Oh well, all the better for our taking!! /Matt -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:29:27 -0400 (EDT) From: She Might Be Amy Subject: TMBG: Purdue show! Message-ID: Well, I'm not going to post about my Kenyon experience, because several people already have and they've summed up my feelings rather well. I will, however, write about Purdue.... Mike, Alex, Phil Bickel, and I arrived in West Lafayette, IN and immediately turned around and headed back out. Why? Well, we had a bit of difficulty finding a restaurant that we all agreed on. After we finally ate, drove back to W. Laf, and parked, it was about 3:45 and the show was scheduled to start in half an hour! We took off in what we thought was the direction of Slayter Hill, but after walking around campus for about 20 minutes, we realized that we were pretty lost. We were also very wet, since it was raining pretty steadily by now. We finally got to the hill at about 4:20 and the stage wasn't even completely set up for the band, so we got some relatively good spots and waited for John and John. The set list was exactly the same as the night before at Kenyon, except that Counterfeit Faker was replaced by Lie Still, Little Bottle complete with THE STICK! The band seemed to be in a great mood, and Flans had some great lines such as: "It's a beautiful day...somewhere else!" and he threatened a drunk guy in the front row with the stick. In New York City, he changed "it's snowing it's snowing" to "it's raining it's raining" but I couldn't understand what they were complaining about, THEY had a roof over them :) During No One Knows My Plan, Flans said there were two traditional dances: the Conga Line and The Hippie, where you raise your hands above your head and spin around with a glassy stare. I chose the conga line, and managed to get fairly close to the stage, then squished between about 5 people. It was a great show, though, and I got some good pictures :) Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well." -- Emo Phillips ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970428042042.005ab700@email.uc.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:20:44 -0400 From: "%^)" Subject: TMBG: Kenyon Well, as I promised, here's my take onthe Kenyon show. Got to Kenyon around 6:30 (I misjudged the driving time) and heard the tail end of Regatta 69, then decided that I'd head into town for some dinner (KFC). Got back to Kenyon around 10 til 8, to check out the Gravel Pit. During the show, Graham wandered out into the audience, (did anyone else notice this?) but, having no pen, I couldn't think of a reason to approach him, so... But, anyways, he was standing behind the lighting/sound tent, over to the side. (stage right) Well, when they were done, I meandered on up to the stage, securing a spot in the front row. I was on stage left, with a very good view of Mr. Linnell, if I was two or three people over towards the center, he would've been right in front of me. Here's the set list: Critic Intro Istanbul New York City James K. Polk("we know exams are coming up next week, right? There are people here who are taking Ameriacn history for the second or third time. ... This song'll help you out in a big way ... you've ignored your studies, you've ignored what you really should've been doing which is listening to our record all year long ... American History 201, with the groovy guy the professor with the long hair. ... We've brought along a cannon... we call it the confetti cannon, but we never really know what gonna come out of it...one of the rare cases of an open air deployment of our cannon...") Sleeping in the Flowers "it's not everyday that we have the opportunity to do a show on a stage that's listing. It's not the plastic cups, everything is slightly sideways" She's Actual Size Spider We're the Replacements Counterfeit Faker S-E-X-X-Y("we'd like to dedicate this song to who we really love, the ladies") Snail Shell Spy/I Am Not Your Broom (audience yelling 'spy' on cue, also Graham sings with John and John on Broom) Twisting No One Knows My Plan(Conga Time!!) The Guitar ("the people behind me insisted on singing "the lion sleeps tonight", Graham rocked on this one) Shoehorn With Teeth(Dan and his amazing Glockenspeil) "Direct from the side of the stage... The glockenspeil... and directly from the back of the stage... Mr. Dan Hickey... he asks that you not look directly in his eyes." Pet Name Particle Man Til My Head Falls Off Dig My Grave "no one drive home with anyone drunk and no one drive home with anyone drunk" ---------------- Encore: ---------------- Older XTC vs. Adam Ant Exquisite Dead Guy(the heads got to travel around the stage, over the audience (out of reach), and very close to Dan Hickey.) Birdhouse Anyways, there were a lot of drunk people throwing things on stage, mostly frisbees. One girl a few people back from me was very proud of herself for almost hitting one of the Johns. Other than the idiot who decided it'd be fun to try to push his way into the front row, pushing me into the people next to me. But, I managed to get it all on tape. I also got the new shirt, it's cool, it's long-sleeved, with the ship in the bottle from Then on the back, and mermaids and snakes on the sleeves. The front design is another ship, with green whales on either side, 'They Might' on top, 'Be Giants' on bottom, an eagle above, and seahorses below. All in all, it was a great show, and well worth the 160 mile drive. Heather Garver University of Cincinnati garverhl@email.uc.edu http://www.eng.uc.edu/~hgarver ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:44:01 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970428134400_285178579@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Happy fun stuff ramblings (A story. Kinda.) Hello everybody, just felt like sharing a sorta-tmbg related tidbit: Last weekend I went on a mega-fun retreat with my church, to an outdoorsy summer-campy type place, and one of the administrator people there saw me (I was wearing my Pearlie shirt) and asked me if You're Older was available on any recording. I said that it was only to be found on the Complete '96 tape, and would probably be released on Thing. The next day he wore the long-sleeved They "tattoo" shirt (with the boat from the cover of Then on the back) and these two other people wore Bosstones shirts, so all in all, I thought it was Cool Shirt Day or something. The only reason I felt like sharing this, is that NO ONE I ever talk to in person ANYWHERE has ever heard of or likes Them, except my next-door neighbor, so he doesn't count. It's like central New Jersey is this little haven of they-haters. Argh. But this retreat was chock full of They fans, so I had a blast. (and this girl who walked past our room stuck her head in and pointed at my shirt and said "by the way, I LOVE They Might be Giants" and since no one has ever said this to me I muttered something like "woo-hoo" and gave a hearty thumbs-up.) That's all! -Geoff "Did I miss the point of that story? Wait, what point?" Sondergard ------------------------------ From: "Tim Clark Man In Trouble" Subject: TMBG: Whats up Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:59:46 -0400 Message-Id: <199704281754.2652700@rma.edu> Whats up with this list? Is it broken? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3365059C.A3D@mail.lcu.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:16:28 -0700 From: ECKM1657 Organization: Lubbock Christian University Subject: TMBG: Vas is das "Thing?" How did you folks find out about the new album??...Or is it a rumor?? There's nothing about it at tmbg.com. Where do I go? ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:11:39 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970428151118_-467542752@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Those MP3s I was gonna make... Hello all! Well, I tried making mp3's of the songs on Complete 1996 Sessions, but freakin' L3ENC refuses to work, even when coaxed with the feminine wiles of go32.exe. Can anyone help me with this? Am I doing something horribly wrong? Will people ever forgive Pete Best? -Geoff ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: real audio Older Message-ID: <19970428.155432.4574.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:54:03 EDT Does anybody know of or have a website with a real audio Older, the whole song? I love this song and I've only heard it three times, at concerts. I know I saw it before but I don't remember what the website was. -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:57:45 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: They for $4 Message-ID: On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Matthew James wrote: ** I've seen not only TMBG albums in the used bin but singles as well, the ** Guitar, Istanbul, etc for $2.99. And these are either out of print or ** very hard items to find. But to someone who doesn't really care about the ** band, he will just sell it back. If only he knew how much some of us ** would pay for these items. Speaking of XTC, I almost always see ** Skylarking and Oranges & Lemons in the used bin for $6.99 or $7.99, some ** people just don't see the brilliance in these works. Actually, I think it's just that the people who manage or work at these stores are really stupid. Wherever you buy your CDs, these people are simply idiots and don't know the value of these items, whereas smart people, even if they don't know the bands, know the values and stock of the companies, and so know the value of these items. Case in point: at my local used CD store, they have around 10 used copies of REM's Monster, and, since this is readily and widely available, it is priced at $3.99. However, they only have 2 used copies of Apollo 18, so this is priced at $7.99. The I Palindrome I single was $5.99 used. XTC's Nonsuch was $8.99 used, the highest price they have for their used CDs. They will also price stuff based on what they can get for it. The TMBG CDs move out of there pretty quickly when they get them in, so they can keep the price at $7.99 or $8.99. The REM and Pearl Jam stuff keeps coming in, so they price it at $3.99 or $2.99 in hopes of selling it. Maybe you just have no one who wants to check out TMBG coming in to your stores. In conclusion, some people keep on top of their stock and its availability, others do not. This concludes my lesson on Advanced CD Buying. You are now free to go. :) RS ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704282024.AA02595@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: They for $4 Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:24:35 -0400 (EDT) > ** I've seen not only TMBG albums in the used bin but singles as well, the > ** Guitar, Istanbul, etc for $2.99. And these are either out of print or > ** very hard items to find. But to someone who doesn't really care about the > ** band, he will just sell it back. If only he knew how much some of us > ** would pay for these items. Speaking of XTC, I almost always see > ** Skylarking and Oranges & Lemons in the used bin for $6.99 or $7.99, some > ** people just don't see the brilliance in these works. > > Actually, I think it's just that the people who manage or work at > these stores are really stupid. Wherever you buy your CDs, these people are > simply idiots and don't know the value of these items, whereas smart people, > even if they don't know the bands, know the values and stock of the > companies, and so know the value of these items. Case in point: at my local > used CD store, they have around 10 used copies of REM's Monster, and, since > this is readily and widely available, it is priced at $3.99. However, they > only have 2 used copies of Apollo 18, so this is priced at $7.99. The I > Palindrome I single was $5.99 used. XTC's Nonsuch was $8.99 used, the > highest price they have for their used CDs. They will also price stuff > based on what they can get for it. The TMBG CDs move out of there pretty > quickly when they get them in, so they can keep the price at $7.99 or > $8.99. The REM and Pearl Jam stuff keeps coming in, so they price it at > $3.99 or $2.99 in hopes of selling it. Maybe you just have no one who > wants to check out TMBG coming in to your stores. In conclusion, some people > keep on top of their stock and its availability, others do not. This > concludes my lesson on Advanced CD Buying. You are now free to go. :) Ok, I must rebutt here ;) Actually, the store I had in mind as far as the TMBG singles goes does get a lot of TMBG singles and many people buy them, they are always pretty highly stocked in the regular stuff. I think you are partially right in the fact that they are somewhat ignorant of the value of the used singles but these singles are by no means unheard of at this particular place. I think it's just common practice to sell just about any used CD single for $2.99. The only reason why they'd have a CD single higher than that is if it's some kind of import really. It would then go up only because it cost so much more at an import price. They do get in the occassional Guitar single new and it's priced normally ($5.99 I think) and thus they price it as a normal used single. The XTC albums are fairly common, too. All of the albums are still in print and they just tend to have those around so i can see why they are $6.99. But it's also important to know that most CD album singles are priced at $6.99 or maybe $7.99. There is not a wide variety of prices around here for used items. I have seen the occassional used album for $9.99 but that's rather rare. I was mentioning the lack of brilliance of the folks who sell back these items, not so much on the store folk, because they are just there to sell CDs and not care too much what is being sold (in a general sense). Of course, like I said, my taste in music is different from anyone else so when I see someone sell back a "brilliant" album, it may be a "shit" album to them. Go figure! I think it is true that extreme rarity or extreme commonality can fluctuate a price slightly. /Matt -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970428163659.00683be0@awod.com> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:37:03 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? I was listening to an MP3 of Older at http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/mp3/archive/older.mp3 and I was wondering...is this a studio version? It's pretty high quality... TTYL, -Adam, who's looking forward to seeing more unreleased MP3 of studio songs... :P /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704282041.PAA08412@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:35:06 -0500 From: Geoffrey McNulty Subject: Re: TMBG: They for $4 you know what? i thought ya'll said cut-out bins instead of used bins. but either way, with the release of then, it's only a matter of time before the first three releases stop being made. geoff At 03:57 PM 4/28/97 -0400, you wrote: >On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Matthew James wrote: > >** I've seen not only TMBG albums in the used bin but singles as well, the >** Guitar, Istanbul, etc for $2.99. And these are either out of print or >** very hard items to find. But to someone who doesn't really care about the >** band, he will just sell it back. If only he knew how much some of us >** would pay for these items. Speaking of XTC, I almost always see >** Skylarking and Oranges & Lemons in the used bin for $6.99 or $7.99, some >** people just don't see the brilliance in these works. > > Actually, I think it's just that the people who manage or work at >these stores are really stupid. Wherever you buy your CDs, these people are >simply idiots and don't know the value of these items, whereas smart people, >even if they don't know the bands, know the values and stock of the >companies, and so know the value of these items. Case in point: at my local >used CD store, they have around 10 used copies of REM's Monster, and, since >this is readily and widely available, it is priced at $3.99. However, they >only have 2 used copies of Apollo 18, so this is priced at $7.99. The I >Palindrome I single was $5.99 used. XTC's Nonsuch was $8.99 used, the >highest price they have for their used CDs. They will also price stuff >based on what they can get for it. The TMBG CDs move out of there pretty >quickly when they get them in, so they can keep the price at $7.99 or >$8.99. The REM and Pearl Jam stuff keeps coming in, so they price it at >$3.99 or $2.99 in hopes of selling it. Maybe you just have no one who >wants to check out TMBG coming in to your stores. In conclusion, some people >keep on top of their stock and its availability, others do not. This >concludes my lesson on Advanced CD Buying. You are now free to go. :) > >RS > > * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac | --Tori Amos * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704282042.PAA78612@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:36:12 -0500 From: Geoffrey McNulty Subject: Re: TMBG: real audio Older i have it (older) on cd. hehe. geoff At 03:54 PM 4/28/97 EDT, you wrote: >Does anybody know of or have a website with a real audio Older, the whole >song? I love this song and I've only heard it three times, at concerts. I >know I saw it before but I don't remember what the website was. * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac | --Tori Amos * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: MadCup@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:54:52 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970428165446_-1166380439@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG concerts I am going to TWO chicago TMBG concerts at the Cabaret Metro. One on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. I need to know how I could bootleg it. They have security, you know. ------------------------------ From: Kris Stewart Subject: TMBG: UK Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 05:07:00 +0000 Message-ID: <3365820E@smtpgate.pearson-pro.com> Look, it's very simple. Are They coming to England or not? That's all I wanna know. And I wanna know it RIGHT NOW. Thanks Hammer down & Rabbit Ears are the only words they know ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 17:07 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: IUP show/Recorders... >My friend and I were on the other side from the Confetti Canon, but we >managed to scoop up a bit after the show and we have coined it "They Might >Be Confetti." Hee hee.. My buddy Rockford gave me some from the Calvin show, since I couldn't go. I carry it with me in my wallet... >Also, as a cap to the evening- we got back to where we were staying and >stayed up till after 2:00 watching a tape of The Hitchhikers' Guide to the >Galaxy. That's my idea of fun, ok? That's okay.. I recently found myself staying up that late watching the Cartoon Network. That thing's darn addictive! "Superfriends" rules! ;) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704282112.QAA67684@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:06:05 -0500 From: Geoffrey McNulty Subject: Re: TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? i can't play mp3s, but my guess is that it was taken off of the kitkat acoustic break show, which i have. geoff At 04:37 PM 4/28/97 -0400, you wrote: >I was listening to an MP3 of Older at >http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/mp3/archive/older.mp3 and I was >wondering...is this a studio version? It's pretty high quality... > >TTYL, > >-Adam, who's looking forward to seeing more unreleased MP3 of studio >songs... :P >/----=========================================----\ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ >The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! >ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 > * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac | --Tori Amos * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:16:07 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Message-ID: My cousin and I did something cool with the end of Subliminal. We recorded the backwards part onto his computer and then played it backwards. It sounded pretty much like another part of the song, but there was an extra voice. Well, just thought I'd share that. Mark On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 Kamesennin@aol.com wrote: > I always thought it sounded like "fyhaaat" but now that you mentioned it, > "fuaaahht" sounds more like it. Also on this note, doesn't the end of > "Subliminal" sound rather like "nac uoy sa gnol sa rof lanimilbus eht otni > erats"? It always has to me. :) > > There's another song which I of course can't remember now, but will be able > to remember the very moment after I click "Send E-mail", that features yet > another zanily pronouced word. > > -Geoff "My, wasn't THAT pathetic" Sondergard, who is now going to crawl into > a dark hole and finish downloading the .mp3 of Istanbul by the Four Lads... > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33651546.653C@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:24:13 -0500 From: Jeff Gustafson Organization: They Might Be Giants Subject: Re: TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? Adam Tyner wrote: > > I was listening to an MP3 of Older at > http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/mp3/archive/older.mp3 and I was > wondering...is this a studio version? It's pretty high quality... > > TTYL, > > -Adam, who's looking forward to seeing more unreleased MP3 of studio > songs... :P > /----=========================================----\ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ > The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! > ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 Yes, this is the studio version of Older. I had originally recorded that as a .wav and it seems to have been promoted to .mp3 status. I've got just about all of the studio versions of the mini-tour songs that were cut from FS (except "They Got Lost" I ran out of space before I could upload that one) on my homepage at http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/2860/index.html unfortunetely, the .wav files are all gone because I had to move to a different server, so all of the songs are now in Realaudio format. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: real audio Older Message-ID: <19970428.172339.4702.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:23:29 EDT On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:36:12 -0500 Geoffrey McNulty writes: >i have it (older) on cd. hehe. > Which CD is this? Is it the Factory Showroom Sessions I've been hearing so much about? -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704282128.QAA120314@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:22:10 -0500 From: Geoffrey McNulty Subject: Re: TMBG: real audio Older no, if people would actually read my posts, it's on the kit-kat radio show promo cd that i have. At 05:23 PM 4/28/97 EDT, you wrote: > >On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:36:12 -0500 Geoffrey McNulty > writes: >>i have it (older) on cd. hehe. >> > >Which CD is this? Is it the Factory Showroom Sessions I've been hearing >so much about? > >-Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the >part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. > * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac | --Tori Amos * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:41:04 -0400 (EDT) From: She Might Be Amy Subject: TMBG: Purdue pt. 2 Message-ID: Things I forgot to mention: The confetti in the cannon came shooting out in big balls, and one hit the guy in front of me in the head and exploded all over the place. Dan make a big deal out of hitting the glockenspiel (as usual) but the second time, he missed!! Apparently, there are big tape arrows on the keys just above and below the bar he's supposed to hit, and he hit the tape. He did a great dramatic faint and fell over on stage, while the song went on. Flans was laughing at him and everyone gave him a big round of applause when he actually hit the note the next time :) Another note on Dan, he freaked me out the first time I saw him because I thought he was my history professor from last quarter! My second reaction was that I didn't like him as much as Brian (not as goofy) but after seeing him full of energy and really pound on that drum set on Sunday, I am comfortable with his presence. Not that it matters to Them, I'm sure:) I'll probably get flamed for this, but hey I don't care. While I did not enjoy seeing Eric Schermerhorn perform, he kicked major butt on Counterfeit Faker, and Flans just really didn't do as well. I think I'm one of the only people to think that, though :) Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org The red brick wall was the color of a brick-red Crayola crayon. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 17:50:16 EDT From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: TMBG: re: confetThey Message-Id: <970428.175206.EDT.343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> hi all! just joining in all the confetti-fun: when they shot the confetti out of the canon and i scrambled to the floor (front row!! yay!) to get some, the security guard looked at me like i was *in*sane!!! but then a bunch of otehr people grabbed some, too, so i guess i wasn't alone after all. i still have my piece!! (ps. kirstin: i didn't know you and rocky were friends!? that's so cool--i met him there and we were right by each other!) may They be with you. peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** http://www.cmich.edu/~343sxvt *** *** *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199704282201.SAA06479@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Menial Labor Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:01:57 -0400 (EDT) I've gotten a LOT of replies to my request for menial labor. I'm actually a bit surprised. :-) There is no need to continue to reply, and to those of you who did I will be sorting all this out and contacting you shortly. Thanks. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 18:16 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: tour 2040 shirt Today a friend of mine was wearing the Tour 2040 shirt, and I noticed something that may or may not be a mistake. Two of the tour dates listed were for St. Louis, MI and Bronson, MI. Now, I have a feeling They might've meant MS, as in Missouri, instead of MI, as in Michigan. If not, I'd be really happy, as St. Louis, Michigan is only about ten minutes from my house and is a very dinky little hick town right now. I have no idea what it'll be like in 43 years.. probably a suburb of Mt. Pleasant or something... ;) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970428182721.00f75320@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:27:21 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Older MP3...studio version? Geoffrey McNulty wrote: >i can't play mp3s, but my guess is that it was taken off of the kitkat >acoustic break show, which i have. no, because it uses a bunch of keyboards and stuff. Adam Tyner wrote: >>I was listening to an MP3 of Older at >>http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/mp3/archive/older.mp3 and I was >>wondering...is this a studio version? It's pretty high quality... When I first listened to it I though "Gawd I hope this ISN'T the studio version!" Because personally I think the version they play in concert is MUCH better, and this one seems more like the Earlier Years (which is good in a way), with how the "power chords" cut off rather prematurely. I really don't like the synth on it. just my $ 1/50 ... -ec ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:33:10 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Also trades... Message-ID: Well, not to be redundant, but I'm going to tell my own little Purdue story, and here you can see why I'm an idiot. This story begins Saturday before I go to bed. It's a great night, warm, balmy, and I think, "Oh, what great weather for the concert tomorrow!" So yes, all ye Purdue concert goers, I jinxed it for everyone. Sorry! Anyway, I wake up Sunday- Cold, rainy, windy- what a day for shorts, I say to myself. It must be warmer up north! Apparently I left my brain...somewhere else. Anyway, my friend Lucas and I pile into Coche, my car, and head for West Lafayette. We arrive around three, find his friends at Slayter hill, and wait out the opening band. If anyone saw me there, I was the tall red-head with the black tmbg cap. After Gravel Pit finished, we rushed the stage, only to discover that everyone else had the same plan, so we had to work our way forward. I got pretty close, right under someone's umbrella that kept dumping water on me. Ah well. I had my camera, I was right in front of Flansy, and I could get good shots of him and Linnell. After the Glockenspiel incident, I have decided to let Dan Hickey into the band (Despite the advertisements, the only one I ever thought to be really in "the band" was Graham. Now it's Graham and Dan. How poetic.) The Confetti Canon was pretty cool, and I think it worked out better than we all had planned. After the way Linnell was talking, I expected a large wad of sodden confettit to shoot out and land on someone in the crowd. But it fluttered, it was good! And the Stick was smooth! Then Flansy was advertising the dancing segment of Our Show, and I had a dilemma- Conga or make a bid for the front? But upon seeing the wide vacuum open before me, I looked to the girl next to me (one Sara Strange, look for her on the list!), who was also having the dilemmea, and we said, "Move to the front!" thus securing ourselves positions nary five feet from Flansy. Ahhh... All in all, this was the Best Concert Ever, even of Theirs. So much energy, so much fun! The Puppetheads were back, that was cool, and I got even closer to Flansy when he moved out to hold the head over the audience. I was disappointed when I looked at the setlist and saw that they forsook Counterfeit Faker. I like that song! But they played Older, so I was not too upset. We all arrived at the back of the stage in time to see Linnell scuttle out to the bus. Flansy faked us all out by taking a secret exit to the car, darn! We then were lectured by someone with a beard about how hard the band works for us, and you know, he's right, but as one person said in the group, "We're only forty people- it's not a mob scene!" And how! When I get my pictures back and scanned, I'll let y'all know, and put them up on my brand-spankin' new web page! Also, does anyone have a. a boot for this show, b. The Lo Fi Experience, c. Those FS Recording Sessions (or whatever they're called) and d. the Frank O'Toole show thing? (the one from whence Doris Cunningham?) I'm willing to trade, if you like Space Ghost Coast to Coast (I have six hours of it on tape, including most of the first season) and some MST's...I can only do video trades, though, as I have not the audio resources to impress you trading types. Thanks! ________> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <________ *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html* And come see my suave Craig Kilborn page: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:36:55 -0400 (EDT) From: She Might Be Amy Subject: Re: TMBG: John-Equality Message-ID: > Which got me to thinking- does anyone think that Flansy's "all that?" I personally think he's really cute (in kind of a little-boy type way) especially when he smiles, except for the fact that he looks TOO MUCH like an exboyfriend of mine. > (I know theyre both married now, but disregard that) Yeah, Linnell was either not used to his new ring or nervous or just trying to show off b/c at the Kenyon show, the first thing I noticed was that he was constantly fiddling with it when he wasn't playing. Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work they are supposed to be doing. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <8nNGW2W00iV_EEis92@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:45:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Apr-97 Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht by The Gottschalks@tenet.ed > My cousin and I did something cool with the end of Subliminal. We > recorded the backwards part onto his computer and then played it > backwards. It sounded pretty much like another part of the song, but > there was an extra voice. Well, just thought I'd share that. No, it is literally the last two refrains reversed. Nothing was added to it. There are four vocal parts in the ending: Subliminal Subliminal Stare into the subliminal for as long as you can. (initial occurence) Stare into the subliminal for as long as you can. (higher, but fainter) Stare into the subliminal for as long as you can. (second part) and all these parts occur in the reversed part. (this is what's making it so difficult for me to play and record it for the tribute album...) ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:49:25 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: tour 2040 shirt Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Apr-97 TMBG: tour 2040 shirt by Kirsten Brodbeck@remcen. > Today a friend of mine was wearing the Tour 2040 shirt, and I > noticed something that may or may not be a mistake. Two of the tour dates > listed were for St. Louis, MI and Bronson, MI. Now, I have a feeling They > might've meant MS, as in Missouri, instead of MI, as in Michigan. If not, actually, just to nitpick, MS is Mississippi. MO is Missouri. I'm not sure they're mistakes - look at some of the other things on there. Perhaps they are trying to imply something... here's a weird thing about that shirt, though - three of the places cited: The Electric Banana, Metropol, and the Beehive, exist in Pittsburgh. But only one of them was actually listed in Pittsburgh - I guess the other two are common enough names to occur elsewhere... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:53:33 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: John-Equality Message-ID: On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Kevin McGuire wrote: > Which got me to thinking- does anyone think that Flansy's "all that?" > Well, I don't know about "all that," but I do think they are both attractive. I think of the two, I may prefer Linnell, but in normal guys that I find attractive, they have more Flansy attributes to them. Like those super-fly glasses from the Truth or Sandwiches era, the black frames? I love those! He's got cool hair, too. ________> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <________ *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html* And come see my suave Craig Kilborn page: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:01:42 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970428145558.1c273b36@proaxis.com> From: Celestia Subject: TMBG: Re: Purple Toupee >Don't you just love the way Linnell (or is it Flans? I think it's Flans) sings the word >"fat" in Purple Toupee? > >"...till they stepped on my hair (sounds like head), and they told me I was fuahht!" > >It's just really cool sounding. > I've personally always thought that the way he sings "lame" in the 2nd half of the chorus is the coolest thing in existence. Oh, speaking of coolest thing in existence, EMAIL me your stories, anecdotes, love letters, etc. regarding The Stick. I have a friend I'm trying to convert who doesn't believe that they do anything as cool as "SOUND CHECK FOR THE STICK! (whack)". Celestia, tooms@proaxis.com http://www.geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/2210/ Currently in my cd player: Ben Folds Five, Whatever and Ever Amen; Fiona Apple, Tidal; Ben Lee, Grandpaw Would; TMBG, Lincoln; Pulp, Different Class -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version:3.1 GMU/L/O d+ s a---- C++ U--- P L- E? W++ N++ o K- w+ O- M-- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t+ !5 X++ R tv++ b+++ DI++ D++ G e* h! r% x -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK----- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 19:05:35 -0400 (EDT) From: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! Subject: TMBG: Rainy day fun Message-ID: Well, here I am in sunny Ohio, but it wasn't so sunny yesterday when all of us drove off to West Lafayette, Indiana, to see TMBG at another free show at Purdue University. As Amy already posted, it was raining, but I didn't really mind all that much, as, I was powerless to do anything about it. Also, since Phil Bickel was with me, things just seemed to go smoother. The show was on a 70's-looking stage with weird architectural flourishes. We got there around ten minutes before the show began and hit was no problem getting a good spot on the grass, around 50 feet away from Flans' direct eyeline. They then launched into a show that for a while was the same as the Kenyon show. As a matter of fact, the set list for this show was just a photocopy of the Kenyon set list. However they omitted Counterfeit Faker, for one, and added Lie Still Little Bottle, complete with The Stick! which I'm quite happy about finally seeing. There was a moment of levity when Dan missed his mark on the glockenspiel during Shoehorn with Teeth, and it happened to be the moment when Flans brought his mic very close to pick up the sound and all we heard was a tapping noise. Apparently Dan hit the tape around the spot where he was supposed to hit. This cracked Flans and Linnell up no end, and Dan collapsed to the floor, clutching his head. And one of the things that was fun was that John and John seemed to be having a really good time at both shows I saw. The energy level was really high and there was a generally fun vibe. For some reason, John and John had to run off stage and bring out the puppet heads themselves, since no one else seemed to want to do it this time. Also the band was getting rained on, Flans cleaned his glasses with his shirt at one point, and the monitors were covered in plastic in the middle of the show. Anyway I don't feel like writing any more, so if I left anything important out, you'll probably never know anyway. WHO MIKE MET ON SUNDAY: I met Phil for the first time. I also met Matt Coon, very nice guy. I also found out that you can sit in a McDonalds for three hours and talk loudly and no one will try to kick you out. See y'all. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* come visit Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour! --->www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy AND: Check out the new webzine JournalX at www.journalx.com *-----------------------------* "Sugar is granulated happiness. It's a friend." --David Lynch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704282315.SAA22276@dfw-ix9.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: TMBG: Similarities search engine Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:10:20 -0700 I thought you all might enjoy this.. .I found an internet site called the Similarities Search Engine and if you list a band it will tell you what you have a high probability of also liking based on a survey of internet music lovers... I found it pretty accurate to some extent (except NIN and STP, what they hey?) and notice the Animaniacs... here are the matches to TMBG: and who the hey are Take 6, 2Nu, Swingle Singers, and Stormtroopers of Death? only thing missing from what I gather from people on this list is the Ben Folds Five Your Choice--> THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS _ Recommendations: ArtistConfidence YANKOVIC,WEIRD AL Very High TAKE 6 Very High CRASH TEST DUMMIES High ANIMANIACS High 2NU High SWINGLE SINGERS High STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH High BARE NAKED LADIES High WEBBER,ANDREW LLOYD High NINE INCH NAILS High STONE TEMPLE PILOTS High DEVO High SIMON & GARFUNKEL High XTC Medium R.E.M. Medium TOO MUCH JOY Medium AMOS,TORI Medium PHISH Medium TALKING HEADS Medium in case y'all are interested here is the URL: http://www.ari.net/se/ise/data/001/WC000001.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704282346.SAA28570@dfw-ix9.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: TMBG: Live In NY Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:44:27 -0700 I found a place that has Live In NY :D Let's see if they have it as I email them :D ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704290046.TAA19346@csrlink.net> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 19:48:09 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: Real Audio Older At 03:54 PM 4/28/97 EDT, Evan wrote: >Does anybody know of or have a website with a real audio Older, the whole >song? I love this song and I've only heard it three times, at concerts. I >know I saw it before but I don't remember what the website was. Yup, it's not mine but a while back on IRC Faboo23 steered me towards http://www.experiment0.scvnet.net/TMBG/1010011010.html . It's a show with Older and several decent songs on it including Counterfit Faker, NYC, Sleeping in the Flowers, and Don't Let's Start. -Dylan "Brooklyn's Third Ambassador of Love" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704290011.RAA13555@f51.hotmail.com> From: "Kelly Smith" Subject: TMBG: re Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:11:42 PDT Umm, in regards to Kevin McGuire's question: Flans is obviously the one with the most personality, while Linnell has all the chicks. I personally think Flans is THE SH*T!! c-ya * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 19:16:35 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Message-ID: Are you sure of this? Have you actually reversed it and listened to it, because I sure did hear an extra little voice. On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Apr-97 Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht by The > Gottschalks@tenet.ed > > My cousin and I did something cool with the end of Subliminal. We > > recorded the backwards part onto his computer and then played it > > backwards. It sounded pretty much like another part of the song, but > > there was an extra voice. Well, just thought I'd share that. > > No, it is literally the last two refrains reversed. Nothing was added to it. > > There are four vocal parts in the ending: > > Subliminal Subliminal > Stare into the subliminal for as long as you can. (initial occurence) > Stare into the subliminal for as long as you can. (higher, but fainter) > Stare into the subliminal for as > long as you can. (second part) > > and all these parts occur in the reversed part. > > (this is what's making it so difficult for me to play and record it for > the tribute album...) > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704290027.TAA71084@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 19:21:05 -0500 From: Geoffrey McNulty Subject: Re: TMBG: real audio Older At 08:15 PM 4/28/97 -0400, you wrote: >about this kit kat cd you gots with tmbg......what would i have to do to get >a copy of it?....i read about it a wile ago and now i finally replied about >it.... > just a note, i'm getting sick of typing the same things over and over again, so from now on, pay attention to the list. i gave an address and phone number where one could possibly weasel themselves into getting a copy of the show. but, since i'm such a nice guy, i'll type out the info once more. Kit Kat acoustic break show #1: they might be giants Executive Producer: College SoundTrack (a division of Track Marketing) 530 Fifth Avenue, NY NY 10036 (212) 921-2100 I really don't want to type this out any more, folks, so write it down this time. geoff * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey McNulty | "...there comes a time when Entertainment Writer | you want to roast marshmallows gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu | over your own fire." www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac | --Tori Amos * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33654481.FF0@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:44:49 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: tour 2040 shirt Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > Postage paid by: [Image] > > --------------------------------------------------------------- > > Today a friend of mine was wearing the Tour 2040 shirt, and I > noticed something that may or may not be a mistake. Two of the tour dates > listed were for St. Louis, MI and Bronson, MI. Now, I have a feeling They > might've meant MS, as in Missouri, instead of MI, as in Michigan. If not, > I'd be really happy, as St. Louis, Michigan is only about ten minutes from > my house and is a very dinky little hick town right now. I have no idea > what it'll be like in 43 years.. probably a suburb of Mt. Pleasant or > something... ;) > > Kirsten > -- > "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, > with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ > Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie Of course, there's no Bacteria Dome on Mars, or Caesar's, Las Venus either. Can you tell I'm wearing MY Tour 2040 shirt right now? -- Vladimir Drakul ******************************************************************* *"Genius survives; all else is claimed by death." * * -Milton * * * *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * * -John Stange * * * *"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive." * * -George Hartnell * * * *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * * -TMBG * * * *"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!!" * * -John Flansburgh * * * *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * * -Carl Sagan * ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:51:33 PST Subject: TMBG: Interview Message-ID: <19970428.175133.4598.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Hey! What was the address and phone number of the place that has the kit=kat interview??? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:58:35 PST Subject: TMBG: interview retraction Message-ID: <19970428.175850.4598.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Never Mind!! (sorry, I should be flogged) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33654A97.4417@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:10:47 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: TMBG: Sdrawkcab Hey, what's the backwards guy saying in the beginning of I'll Sink Manhattan? I tried reversing it myself, but I only got the word "John..." -- Vladimir Drakul ******************************************************************* *"Genius survives; all else is claimed by death." * * -Milton * * * *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * * -John Stange * * * *"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive." * * -George Hartnell * * * *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * * -TMBG * * * *"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!!" * * -John Flansburgh * * * *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * * -Carl Sagan * ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: TMBG: Linnell v. Flans Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:12:19 EST Message-Id: <199704290112.4678800@cyberia.com> I personally think that Linnell is the more talented one(their both extremely talented). Tell me what everyone else thinks. Steve ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33654C15.2D89@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:17:09 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: TMBG: Insignificant question Did the Johns sing on Joshie Fried's Remix, or did he just use some super techno-machine to extract their voices? -- Vladimir Drakul ******************************************************************* *"Genius survives; all else is claimed by death." * * -Milton * * * *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * * -John Stange * * * *"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive." * * -George Hartnell * * * *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * * -TMBG * * * *"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!!" * * -John Flansburgh * * * *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * * -Carl Sagan * ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:22:15 -0400 From: Don Glasgow Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Message-id: <3.0.32.19970428212214.006fa448@ic3.ithaca.edu> Heh.. thats pretty wierd because we just did the same ting 2 days ago!! We also tried the end of Hideaway Folk Family.. turns out the end of that one is nothing but Them talking wierd to make you think they are saying something backwards i guess.. oh well.. ok! -Don At 04:16 PM 4/28/97 -0500, The Gottschalks wrote: >My cousin and I did something cool with the end of Subliminal. We >recorded the backwards part onto his computer and then played it >backwards. It sounded pretty much like another part of the song, but >there was an extra voice. Well, just thought I'd share that. >Mark > >On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 Kamesennin@aol.com wrote: > >> I always thought it sounded like "fyhaaat" but now that you mentioned it, >> "fuaaahht" sounds more like it. Also on this note, doesn't the end of >> "Subliminal" sound rather like "nac uoy sa gnol sa rof lanimilbus eht otni >> erats"? It always has to me. :) >> >> There's another song which I of course can't remember now, but will be able >> to remember the very moment after I click "Send E-mail", that features yet >> another zanily pronouced word. >> >> -Geoff "My, wasn't THAT pathetic" Sondergard, who is now going to crawl into >> a dark hole and finish downloading the .mp3 of Istanbul by the Four Lads... >> > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3365517B.4903@erols.com> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:40:11 -0400 From: Laurie Selmer Organization: Selmer Household Subject: Re: TMBG: Insignificant question Ohmigod, do I love that song. Tracy vlad_drakul wrote: > > Did the Johns sing on Joshie Fried's Remix, or did he just use some > super techno-machine to extract their voices? > -- > Vladimir Drakul > ******************************************************************* > *"Genius survives; all else is claimed by death." * > * -Milton * > * * > *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * > * -John Stange * > * * > *"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive." * > * -George Hartnell * > * * > *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * > * -TMBG * > * * > *"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!!" * > * -John Flansburgh * > * * > *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * > * -Carl Sagan * > ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 22:00:28 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Apr-97 Re: TMBG: Fuaaahht by The Gottschalks@tenet.ed > Are you sure of this? Have you actually reversed it and listened to it, > because I sure did hear an extra little voice. Yup. I've reversed it, and it sounds exactly the same as the ending. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704290117.UAA13314@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Sdrawkcab Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:07:00 -0500 ---------- > From: vlad_drakul > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Sdrawkcab > Date: Monday, April 28, 1997 8:10 PM > > Hey, what's the backwards guy saying in the beginning of I'll Sink Manhattan? I tried > reversing it myself, but I only got the word "John..." > -- > Vladimir Drakul He's New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani saying "We'll kick your cities' ASS!" Mike "^_^" Leffel ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704290218.AA03184@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: tour 2040 shirt Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 22:18:07 -0400 (EDT) > Today a friend of mine was wearing the Tour 2040 shirt, and I > noticed something that may or may not be a mistake. Two of the tour dates > listed were for St. Louis, MI and Bronson, MI. Now, I have a feeling They > might've meant MS, as in Missouri, instead of MI, as in Michigan. If not, > I'd be really happy, as St. Louis, Michigan is only about ten minutes from > my house and is a very dinky little hick town right now. I have no idea > what it'll be like in 43 years.. probably a suburb of Mt. Pleasant or > something... ;) > > Kirsten Don't worry, soon Sweden will have taken over the entire world ;) /Matt -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704290222.AA03205@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 22:22:29 -0400 (EDT) > Then Flansy was advertising the dancing segment of Our Show, and > I had a dilemma- Conga or make a bid for the front? But upon seeing the > wide vacuum open before me, I looked to the girl next to me (one Sara > Strange, look for her on the list!), who was also having the dilemmea, > and we said, "Move to the front!" thus securing ourselves positions nary > five feet from Flansy. Ahhh... shame on you! Don't you know their one and only goal in this existance is to get every single person (especially those wearing TMBg shirts) in the audience to join in the unstoppable conga line? Shame shame! ;) /Matt the grinning grinner -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:25:06 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Sdrawkcab Message-ID: On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Mike Leffel wrote: > > Hey, what's the backwards guy saying in the beginning of I'll Sink > Manhattan? I tried > > reversing it myself, but I only got the word "John..." > > He's New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani saying "We'll kick your cities' ASS!" > Close! It's actually the NYPD calling and saying something to the effect of "This is the NYPD, we love you guys." Someone out there has a page with the bit reversed...it's neat. ________> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <________ *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html* And come see my suave Craig Kilborn page: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:42:42 -0500 (CDT) From: "J, the Mysterious" Subject: TMBG: Kansas Show/ Accordions Message-Id: Yes, there is justice in this world. After two long years, I will finally see Them in concert for the second time this Saturday. Who else is going. I would like to meet up with fellow listers. Look for a large, black man wearing a The Man T-shirt and a baggy hat. I look forward to seeing you there. Jamal ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 22:57:30 EDT From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: TMBG: Linnell's ring Message-Id: <970428.225854.EDT.343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> hi all! someone mentioned that Linnell might have been showing off his ring at the kenyon show, and i will add that he definitely seemed to be at the calvin show. a couple times he took his hands and placed them in front of his keyboard so that the audience could get a clear view of his now beringed left ring finger (as well as all the rest of them, n'est-ce pas). :) peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** http://www.cmich.edu/~343sxvt *** *** *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 23:00:59 EDT From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: TMBG: 2nu and take 6 Message-Id: <970428.230241.EDT.343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> hi again! take 6 are an acappela (sp?!) vocal group made up of 6 guys. they sing a lot of religious or at least partially religous stuff, and they have made a guest appearance on a harry connick jr. album (they sing the backups on "man in the moon"). 2nu have an album out called *ponderous* and it's great! they are really odd and have to be heard to be understood--i can't explain them anyway. but i do highly recommend them! :D hth peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** http://www.cmich.edu/~343sxvt *** *** *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 22:10:49 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Message-ID: On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Matthew James wrote: > shame on you! Don't you know their one and only goal in this existance > is to get every single person (especially those wearing TMBg shirts) in > the audience to join in the unstoppable conga line? Shame shame! ;) > /Matt the grinning grinner > And this is from where much of my shame stems- should I, as a dedicated TMBG fan, conga as the Flansburgh hath directed? Or, should I push forward, where I would have the chance to grab his ankle, pull him off the stage, and have a Flansy for my very own? You be the judge. IT's a toss up! ________> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <________ *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html* And come see my suave Craig Kilborn page: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Message-ID: <19970429.001636.6494.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 00:16:41 EDT >And this is from where much of my shame stems- should I, as a >dedicated >TMBG fan, conga as the Flansburgh hath directed? Or, should I push >forward, where I would have the chance to grab his ankle, pull him off > >the stage, and have a Flansy for my very own? You be the judge. IT's >a >toss up! > Well, at the EMU concert I accidentally grabbed Flansburgh's inner thigh. Woops! But I also touched his sacred guitar and his hand. -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Please don't flame me... Message-ID: <19970429.002117.6494.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 00:21:04 EDT --------- Begin forwarded message ---------- > > >> Kinda cool so here it is... >> Do you know the theory that everyone in the world is separated from >> each other by 6 or less people? For example, I pick a >> random person that I don't know. Well, I know someone (first >> degree), >> who knows someone (2nd), who knows someone (3rd), who knows someone >> 4th), who knows someone (5th), who knows someone (6th), WHO KNOWS >> THE RANDOM PERSON. When you first think about it, it doesn't seem >> possible. >> >> But think of it like this: Say you know 1,000 people, each of them >> knows 1,000 people, each of them knows 1,000 etc.(In actuality, we >> all know more people than 1000). If you multiply it out it comes out to >> 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 people. Now it seems possible. >> >> So let's test out the theory. Here's how: I'll be the first person >> to put my name on the list, included with the city and state I grew >> up in, my age,and where I live now. I'll also include today's date so >> we'll be able to see how long it takes. I will send this letter to >> everyone >I know who has an email address. They will add their names >> and other info to the list below mine, and then send it to everyone >> they know. >HERE'S THE KEY: After you put your name on the list it >> should eventually >come back to you from other people. If you see >> someone's name on the list that you know, send them an email to let >> them know. >> >> Here goes: Add your name below mine. >> >> A new suggestion from #95: >> Put your email address down as well so that we can find you! >> Also, try to erase the last person's heading when you forward the >> message so we don't have to look through 20 pages of them! >> >> Suggestion from #108; >> Once and a while erase the >>>'s that accumulate from forewarding! >> >> Suggestion from #120: >> Try and keep the numbers in line with each other. It makes it easier to >> read.=D >> >> 1. Paula Cinnamon, No. Brunswick, NJ, 30, Miami Bch, Fl 10/31/96 >> 2. Sandi Zuckerman, No. Miami Bch., FL, 29, Coconut Grove, FL10/31/96 >> 3. Tammy Koleszar, Mercerville, NJ, 26, Golden Beach, FL 10/31/96 >> 4. Gina Castellano, Miami, FL, 26, Hallandale, FL 11/1/96 >> 5. Yolanda Nicado, Madrid, Spain, 27, Miami, FL 10/31/96 >> 6. Cathy Jo Hejna, Miami, FL, 25, Chicago, IL 11/1/96 >> 7. Christine Tremblay, Hoffman Estates, IL, 17, Charleston, IL11/3/96 >> 8. Michael J. Sacks, Hoffman Estates, IL, 18, Urbana, IL 11/3/96 >> 9. Sarah Day, Winston-Salem, N.C., 18, South Bend, IN 11/3/96 >> 10. Jason Elek, South Bend, IN, 18, South Bend, IN 11/3/96 >> 11. Sara May Brandt, Hoffman Estates, IL, 18, South Bend, IN 11/4/96 >> 12. Doug Vor Keller, Streamwood, IL, 17, Urbana, IL 11/4/96 >> 13. Mike Wikman, Fridley, MN, 18, Urbana, IL11/4/96 >> 14. Aarti Dhupelia, Barrington, IL, 18, Evanston, IL 11/4/96 >> 15. Michelle Zemel, Wilmette, IL, 18, Evanston, IL 11/4/96 >> 16. Catherine Spector, Winnetka, IL, 18, New Haven, CT 11/4/96 >> 17. Carolyn Nguyen, Manhattan Beach, CA, 18, New Haven, CT 11/4/9618. >> 18. Cheryl shannon, manhattan beach, CA, 18, hanover, NH 11/4/96 >> 19. Heather Klein, Southbury, CT, 18, Hanover, NH 11/4/96 >> 20. Katie Lachter, Huntington, NY, 18, Hanover, NH, 11/4/96 >> 21. Elizabeth Roberts, naperville, il, 18, hanover, NH 11/4/96 >> 22. Karen Soares, birmingham, AL, 18, hanover, NH 11-4-96 >> 23. Michael Lee, atlanta, GA, 18, hanover, NH 11-5-96 >> 24. Katie Hollingsworth, Atlanta, GA, 18,Houston, TX 11-5-96 >> 25. Anitra Beasley, Houston, Tx, 18, Houston, Tx 11/5/96 >> 26. Betty Nguyen, Houston, TX, 17, Houston, TX 11/5/96 >> 27 28.Catherine Clement, Coral Springs, FL, 18, Houston, TX 11-6-96 >> 29. Brian M. White, Houston, TX, 18, Houston, TX 11-7-96 >> 30. Jake E. Hendricks, Houston, TX, 18, Lubbock, TX 11-7-96 >> 31. Jarett T. LaRochelle, Houston, TX, 18, Houston, TX 11/8/96 >> 32. Cris Peterson, Warwick, RI, 18, Pittsburgh, PA 11-8-96 >> 33. Wynne Lee, Manhatten, NY,18, Pittsburgh, PA 11-8-96 >> 34. Allison Doyle, Somerset, NJ, 18,Winston-Salem, NC 11/8/96 >> 35. Amanda Spain, Baton Rouge, LA, 18, Winston-Salem, NC 11/8/96 >> 36. Kelly Hawkins, Baton Rouge, LA, 18, Baton Rouge, LA 11/8/96 >> 37. Damon Billodeaux Baton Rouge, LA, 19, Baton Rouge, LA 11/12/96 >> 38. 39. Denise Ramos, Bayamon, PR, 19, College Station, TX 11/13/96 >> 40. Jorge D.G. Valentin, Naguabo, PR, 18, Austin, TX 11/14/96 >> 41. Tim J. Tierney, San Jose, CA, 28, Austin, TX 11/14/96 >> 42. Will Lindsey, Yorktown, TX, 26, Dallas, TX 11/15/96 >> 43. Paul Ondrej, San Antonio, TX, 30, Dallas, TX 11/15/96 >> 44. Christopher T. Guerrero, San Antonio, TX, 22, San Antonio, >> TX11/17/96 >> 45. Mark D. Lombardy, Moose Lake, MN, 26, San Antonio, TX 11/17/96 >> 46. Brian Tumlinson, San Antonio, TX, 20, San Antonio, TX 11/18/96 >> 47. Heather Cunningham, London, ON, Canada, 20,London,ON >> Candada11/18/96 >> 48. Deborah Gardner, Montreal,Quebec, 20, Brampton,ON,Canada11/18/96 >> 49. Prabhjot Seehra, Mississauga, ON, Canada,20,Waterloo,ON 11/20/96 >> 50. Tanya L. Wilson, Barrie, ON, Canada, 19,Waterloo, ON 11/20/96 >> 51. Becky Graham, Brantford, ON, Canada, 19,Glencoe, ON 11/21/96 >> 52. Daria Koscinski, Gniezno, Poland, 20, St.Thomas, ON, Canad >> 11/27/96 >> 53. Ida Bruni, Sault Ste. Marie, ON,Canada,19, Sault Ste. Marie,ON >> 11/28/96 >> 54. Kathryn Bahun, SaultSte. Marie, Ont, Canada, 19, 11/28/96 >> 55. Allison Leung, Ottawa,Ontario, Canada, 19, 11/29/96 >> 56. Shaun Keenan, Mississauga, ON,Can, 19, 11/29/96 >> 57. Melissa Wagner, Milton, ON. Can. 19. 12/2/96 >> 58. Craig leeming, Guelph, ON. Can. 19 12/3/96 >> 59. Louise Lewis-James, Guelph, ON. Can 18 12\3\96 >> 60. Natalie R. Meier, Brampton, ON. Can 19, Waterloo ON, 12/6/96 >> 61. Kim Delooze, Stratford ON. Can 19, Waterloo ON, 12/11/96 >> 62. Valerie Robinson,Stratford ON. Can 19, Waterloo On, 02/06/97 >> 63. Nicole Lauwaert, Stratford ON, Can. 19, Guelph On. 02/06/97 >> 64. Janet Vanden Hoven, Seaforth ON, Can. 19, Waterloo On. 02/06/97 >> 65. Greg Thornton, Simcoe ON Can, 20, Waterloo ON, 020797> >> 66. Michael Smyth, Chatham ON Can, 20, Waterloo ON,020797> >> 67. Stefan Alexander, Mississauga, ON, Can, 19, Kanata, ON, 02/10/97 >> 68. Shayne Rose, London, ON, Can, 21, Mississauga, ON, 02/11/97 >> 69. Thomas-B. Kenniff, Quebec city & Montreal, Qc,Can, 19,Ottawa >> ON,02/11/97 >> 70. Janette Eng, Nepean Ont. Can., 19, Waterloo Ont. 02/12/97 >> 71. Nahar Fityani,Richmond Hill, Ont., Canada, 18, Waterloo ON02/13/97 >> 72. Micheal Kim, Barrie, ON, Canada, 22, Waterloo ON, 02/13/97 >> 73. Andrew Chernysh, Angus, ON, Canada, 22, Kingston ON, 02/17/97 >> 74. Mike LeSauvage, Thunder Bay ON Canada, 22, Kingston ON Can. >> 02/17/97 >> 75. Kari Buie, Sault Ste. Marie, ON Canada, 22, Sault Ste. >> Marie,MI,02/17/97 >> 76. Deborah Dubois, Elliot Lake, ON Canada, 20,Sault Ste.Marie, MI >> 02/18/97 >> 77. Rebecca Drake, Jonesville, MI USA, 21, Sault Ste. Maire, MI >> 02/18/97 >> 78. Thomas Miller,Houghton, MI USA, 19, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 2/18/97 >> 79. Krissy Kinzer, Racine, WI USA, 19, Allendale, MI USA, 2/19/97 >> 80. Kristy Harger, Schererville, IN USA, Allendale, MI USA 2/19/97 >> 81. Heather Bagan, Schererville, IN USA, Bloomingtion, IN USA 2/19/97 >> 82. Lora Nowzaradan, Valparaiso, IN USA, Bloomington, IN 2/19/97 >> 83. Stephanie Stein, Greenwood, In USA, Bloomington, In 2/19/97 >> 84. Sara Hallett, Schaumburg, Il, USA, Bloomington, In 2/19/97 >> 85. Brian Brooke, Schaumburg, IL, USA, Bloomington, IN 2/19/97 >> 86. Matt Coy, Okemos, MI, USA, 18, Bloomington, IN, 2/20/97 >> 87. Lauren Kochanov, Danbury, CT, USA, 18, Bloomington, IN, 2/20/97 >> 88. Sarah Cobb, Floyds Knobs, IN, USA, 18, Bloomington, IN 2/21/97 >> 89. Kimberly Knight, Carmel, In USA, 18, Bloomington, IN 2/21/97 >> 90. Michael Pudleiner, Hunington, WV USA, 19, Terre Haute, IN 2/21/97 >> 91. Heather Weldon, Hillside, IL, 18, East Lansing, MI 2/21/97 >> 92. Carmaletta Hilton, Detroit, MI, 18, East Lansing, MI 2/22/97 >> 93. Angela Kapfenstein, Rapid City, SD 24, Pea Ridge, AR 2/22/97 >> 94. Melanie Friedrich, Pittsburgh, PA 20, Pittsburgh, PA 3/10/97 >> mlfst20+@pitt.edu >> 95. Jason T. Cammisa, Hastings on Hudson, NY,20, Pittsburgh, PA3/10/97 >> jtcst20+@pitt.edu >> 96. Christopher Metzger, Turnersville, NJ, 19, Pittsburgh, PA 3/11/97 >> 97. Diane Mulligan, Coopersburg, PA, 18, Pittsburgh, PA 3/11/97 >> dmmst87@pitt.edu >> 98. Kristie Readinger, Schnecksville, PA, 18,Easton, PA 3/11/97 >> readingk@lafayette.edu >> 99. Carrie Ryder, Pitman, NJ, 19, Easton PA 3/12/97, >> ryderc@lafayette.edu >> 100. Jenni Detjen, Zion, IL, 18, St. Augustine, FL, >> 3/17/97,detjenjl@flagler.edu >> 101. Tiara Lynn Banovez, Kenosha, WI, 19,Tampa, FL 3/17/97 >> tiaralyn@gte.net >> 102. Jennifer Jane Dzimiela, Kenosha, WI, 19, Green Bay, WI, 3/24/97 >> dzimjj08@gbvaxz.uwgb.edu >> 103. Ryan Wiiliam Schroeder, Kenosha, WI, 19, Kenosha, WI, 3/24/97 >> schro006@uwp.edu >> 104. Kirsten Dawn MacKenzie, Port Alberni, B.C., Prince George, >> B.C.,3/24/97 mackk001@unbc.edu >> 105. Christopher Joseph Alemany, Port Alberni, B.C., Victoria, B.C., >> 3/24/97 chrisale@uvic.ca >> 106. Shelley Barlow, Lennoxville, Que, Victoria, B.C., 3/26/97 >> shelleyb@uvic.ca >> 107. Roslyn Mustard, North Vancouver,B.C, Victoria B.C 3/26/97 >> mustard@uvic.ca >> 108. Christian Behnke, North Vancouver, B.C., 19, 3/26/97 >> vector@direct.ca >> 109. Graeme Worthy (The Hedgehog Emperor), North Vancouver, BC, 18 >> 3/30/97 Hedgehog@wp1.soe.bcit.bc.ca >> 110. Ozen Sayidof, North Vancouver, B.C., Canada, 03/31/97 >> osayidof@sfu.ca >> 111. Margot Ellis, North Vancouver, BC, Canada, 03/31/97 >> gellis@direct.ca >> 112. Monica Duguid, North Vancouver, B.C., Canada, 03/31/97. >> 113. Alison Kraigsley, North Vancouver,BC, Canada, 04/02/97. FurmanUniv >> Greenville, SC, kraigsley_alison/furman@furman.edu >> 114. Erin Sonnett, Charleston (Mount Pleasant), SC 04/02/97 Furman >> University: Greenville,SC sonnett_erin/furman@furman.edu >> 115. Lora Collins, Dyersburg,TN 04/02/97 Furman University:Greenville, >> SC collins_lora@furman.edu >> 116. Erin Tench, Clarks Summit,PA 4/6/97, PSU State College,PA >> EXT120@psu.edu >> 117. Paul Shanahan, Clarks Summit,Pa. 4/7/97, Univ ofpitt, pa >> pjsst29+@pitt.edu >> 118. Jennifer Smith, Pleasant Hills,PA,4/7/97, Pittsburgh,PA >> jmsst134+@pitt.edu >> 119. Tom Spalla; Pittsburgh,PA; 4/7/97, Dayton, >> OH:spallatc@flyernet.udayton.edu >> 120. Jenny Paddock, AirForce Brat, 4/7/97, Sweet Home, OR, >> paddock@proaxis.com >> 121. chris fix, way too many places to list, 4/8/97, omaha, ne, >> sfix@radiks.net >> 122. lisa dirks, Atka, AK, 4/9/97. Anchorage, AK, atxam@alaska.net >> 123. Rudy Wang, Omaha, NE, 4/10/97. @ Purdue University, West Lafayette, >> IN, wangr@expert.cc.purdue.edu >> 124. Anthony(Chi-Chun) Chang, Hoffman Estates, IL, 4/10/97. West >> Lafayette, IN, chichun@expert.cc.purdue.edu >> 125. Fred Leimberger, Indianapolis, In, 4/10/97, W. Lafayette, In, >> fleimbe1@expert.cc.purdue.edu >> 126. Tom Lovell, Hoffman Estates, Il. 4/10/97. West Lafayette, In. >> tlovell@expert.cc.purdue.edu >> 127. Sylvia Karpinski, Hoffman Estates, IL 4/10/97 Urbana, IL >> karpinsk@uiuc.edu >> 128. Sarah Trimble, Newman, IL 4/11/97 Urbana, IL strimble@uiuc.edu >> 129. Carrie Trimble, Newman, IL 4/14/97, Springfield, IL >> trimble@uis.edu >> 130. Nell Hermann, Champaign, IL 4/15/97, nhermann@uiuc.edu >> 131. Mark Sikora, Champaign, IL 4/18/97, sikorama@cmi.k12.il.us >> 132. Pete Schmitt, Mascoutah, IL, 25, 4/19/97 , schmitpe@cmi.k12.il.us >>133. John Deery-Schmitt, Mascoutah, IL, 33, 4/19/97, Seattle, WA, >> deerj@perkinscoie.com >> 134. Deanna Deery-Schmitt, Culver, IN, 34, 4/19/97, Seattle, WA, >> jdsdds@aol.com >> 135. Heidi C. Schmitt, Mascoutah, IL, 20, 4/20/97, Chapel Hill, NC; >> hcs6058@email.unc.edu >> 136. Reyna S. Walters, Greensboro,NC, 20, 4/21/97, UNC-Chapel Hill, NC; >> rwalters@email.unc.edu >> 137. Leila Madani, Kingston, NY, 20, 4/21/97, UNC-Chapel Hill... go >> TarHeels! lmadani@email.unc.edu >> 138. Alice Stevens, Winston-Salem, NC 4-22-97, UNC-Chapel Hill >> astevens@email.unc.edu >> 139. Ashleigh Teague, Charlotte, NC 11-17-76, UNC-Chapel Hill >> eateague@email.unc.edu >> 140. Megan Browning, Columbus, OH, 18, 4/25/97, UNC-Chapel Hill >> mbrownin@email.unc.edu >> 141. Beth Harkness Connell, Decatur, Ill, 17, 4/25/97, Worthington, OH >> connellfamily@iwaynet.net >> 142. Mike Nordstrom, Worthington, OH, 20, 4/26/97, Cleveland, OH >> mrn4@po.cwru.edu >> 143. Aaron Wirscham, Elyria , OH, 20, 4/26/97, Cleveland, OH >> 144. Kristen Mathias, Elyria, OH, 19, 4/28/97, Elyria, OH >> Kamathia@wittenberg.edu >> 145. Candi Clouse, Bay Village, OH, 18, 4/28/97, Bay, OH >> Cmclouse@Wittenberg.edu > 146. Christina Ferraro, Bay Village, Oh, 18, 4/28/97, Bay, Oh > ferraro.8@osu.edu >> 147. Liz Emans, Bay Village, Oh, 18, 4/28/97, Bay, Oh emansea@email.uc.edu > 148. Diana Kocar, Bay Village, OH, 18, 4/28/97, Bay, OH diana97@juno.com 149. Evan Kleve, Bay Village, OH, 16, 4/28/97, Bay Village, OH evankleve@juno.com --------- End forwarded message ---------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 00:39:10 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Apr-97 Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! by Queen Sneepy@indiana.edu > And this is from where much of my shame stems- should I, as a dedicated > TMBG fan, conga as the Flansburgh hath directed? Or, should I push > forward, where I would have the chance to grab his ankle, pull him off > the stage, and have a Flansy for my very own? You be the judge. IT's a > toss up! well, many of the people who were at the Metropol concert in Pittsburgh last December may remember me - I'm the guy who was standing way up front writing down the set list... I kept getting bashed into the metal ledge I was standing next to. When Flans started talking about the conga line, I sat up on it, and there was a direct, unobstructed view of me from Flans' point of view. He looked over a couple of times as if to say "What the hell are you doing up there? Join the conga line like everyone else!" so you may get some unusual looks from the band if you don't join in... it's more fun that way, though... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 01:03:08 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Purdue, yay! Message-ID: On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > so you may get some unusual looks from the band if you don't join in... > it's more fun that way, though... > In my own selfish paranoid way, I figured he was probably wondering why i was taking so many pictures. But I thought I was safe- I was taking pictures, so that got me out of the Conga line. Besides, I more than made up for it during The Guitar and Sleeping in the Flowers (and all of the other fun jumpy songs) by jumping really high. And boy, my calves are so sore today. I don't have to justify myself to you people! Just kidding... :) ________> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <________ *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html* And come see my suave Craig Kilborn page: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-118 ******************************