Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-120 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 120 Thursday, 1 May 1997 Today's Topics: RE: TMBG: Sorry, scanner Re: TMBG: TMBG concert in Adelaide TMBG: Weep Day Chords? Re: TMBG: TMBG concert in Adelaide TMBG: I palindrome I TMBG: versions of sensurround TMBG: Re: React.com NON-TMBG: BNL Re: TMBG: some vague semblance of TMBG relation... but mostly RE: TMBG: Sorry, scanner Re: TMBG: Yay!!!! Re: TMBG: Similarities search engine Re: Non-TMBG: Take out your Felt-Tipped Pens--New Lyrics!!! Re: TMBG: Sorry, scanner TMBG: chart TMBG: So, who all's going to KU on Saturday? Re: TMBG: Sensurround + Singles I got/Available singles/L3ENC Re: Non-TMBG: Take out your Felt-Tipped Pens--New Lyrics!!! Re: TMBG: Sorry, scanner RE: TMBG: Sensurround + Singles I got/Available singles/L3ENC TMBG: scanners RE: TMBG: Sorry, scanner SEMITMBG: KITH non-TMBG:The Onion? Re: TMBG: chart TMBG: Re: Non-Tmbg:Posting Rules of Thumb TMBG: Back to Skull? Re: TMBG: Re: Non-Tmbg:Posting Rules of Thumb TMBG: The STICK Re: TMBG: Yay!!!! TMBG: Questions Re: TMBG: You all TMBG: Lots o stuff, some tmbg TMBG: Background... Re: TMBG: Re: React.com Re: TMBG: Questions TMBG: MP3 for Macintosh Re: TMBG: The STICK Re: TMBG: Questions Re: TMBG: Questions NONTMBG: MusicMidtown SEMITMBG: KITH TMBG: Country TMBG TMBG: Random thoughts of spurious interest Re: TMBG: Questions Re: TMBG: Questions Re: TMBG: You all Re: TMBG: Ben or Been's Keenyon Experience!!! TMBG: chicago, shows #2 and #3, 30 april 1997 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <01BC553D.67CBB260@ppp09-annex.bath.ac.uk> From: David Buffham Subject: RE: TMBG: Sorry, scanner Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:05:24 +0100 -----Original Message----- From: Evan R Kleve [SMTP:tmbgmail-bin@juno.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 1997 10:04 PM To: NitpickR@aol.com; tmbg-list@tmbg.org Cc: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com Subject: TMBG: Sorry, scanner >>I don't know >>the specifics of your life or mail system or anything, but it's >>usually good >>ettiquette to limit your posts to one a day or two at the most... >>Okay, I'm >>done. >> >>Adam >> > Alright everybody, sorry about the stupid forward about being seperated > by 6 people, etc. I shouldn't have done that. But anyway, besides for > that irrevelant forward, do I post too much? Hi there - in the last month since I joined the list on 31/3/97, I've received 1326 messages from 263 different people - an average of 5 messages per person -- but the 'top 10' list for the last month looks like this.....! 67 The Gottschalks 57 Geoffrey McNulty 53 Evan R Kleve 44 Evan Chakroff 34 Matthew James 33 vlad_drakul 32 Kirsten Brodbeck 26 Mike Leffel 21 Adam Tyner 20 McClusky, Jesse Draw your own conclusions! (it doesn't show the *relevance* of those emails, unfortunately) ttfn David ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:19:43 +1000 (EST) From: Jason Harper Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG concert in Adelaide Message-ID: > Can someone tell me if it's true that the Confetti Cannon left a hole in the > ceiling of the ANU bar (venue for Adelaide, Australia concert). The story > they told on stage in Melbourne was good, but seemed a little... embellished. Mmmm. Not meaning to nitpick but I am a native of Adelaide and now live in Canberra, home of the Australian National University (ANU). To answer your question, I don't think that they left a hole in the ceiling (I do remember it hitting the ceiling though). I could check if anyone was interested. Jason PS Just realised that you must have meant ANU Bar, canberra 'cause the Adelaide concert was after the one in Melbourne. ***************************************************************************** I think the three most important lessons to be learned from "Star Trek" would be tolerance, cooperation and the need for good tailoring. Patrick Stewart ***************************************************************************** ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 05:36:05 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970430053604_1288762037@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Weep Day Chords? Hello 41- I know this has been posted, but I figured it would go up on tmbg.org, but as I check it wasn't... Can the person who posted the chords to Weep Day please write me? Thank you. Adam Rubens~ NitpickR@aol.com * adr49289@pegasus.edu.cc.ucf We were driving out of town, and my radio's broken, been thinking about taking up smokin', but we're both broke and I refuse to smoke generics. 'Cause in my book, smoking a sub-par brand would be sort of like listening to a sub-par band. And I value my ears about as much as I value my larynx. -John Huss Moderate Combo Currently in the CD Changer- They Might Be Giants-Then:2, Devo-Q:Are We Not Men? A:We Are Devo!, Soul Coughing-Irisistable Bliss, REM-Reckoning, Man Or Astroman?-Destroy All Astromen! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:03:00 +1000 (EST) Message-Id: <199704301203.WAA26434@corinna.its.utas.edu.au> From: slbrown@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Brownie) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG concert in Adelaide >Mmmm. Not meaning to nitpick but I am a native of Adelaide and now live in >Canberra, home of the Australian National University (ANU). Oops. I was having a really vague day, and it was getting late when I wrote the post. Of course I meant Canberra. For some reason I've had Adelaide on the brain recently. Proving once again that Tasmanians are detached from the rest of the world... Brownie --------------------------- tear here ----------------------------------------- Bad Recipe (courtesy Plonk): 1: Get five pounds of raw meat 2: Leave in sun for five days 3: Eat ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:16:18 +1000 (EST) Message-Id: <199704301216.WAA27539@corinna.its.utas.edu.au> From: slbrown@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Brownie) Subject: TMBG: I palindrome I I was talking to a guy I know who has an I Palindrome I single or EP on one of those little half sized CDs that you don't see much of any more. I was wondering- is this really rare? I'd really like it but I don't know if I should try to find it elsewhere or try to buy it off him. What's my best bet (considering that, if I could find it elsewhere it'd be a hell of a lot easier than trying to convince him to sell it to me)? Brownie --------------------------- tear here ----------------------------------------- Bad Recipe (courtesy Plonk): 1: Get five pounds of raw meat 2: Leave in sun for five days 3: Eat ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9704301333.AA12145@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:16:36 -0400 From: ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Nathan Todd) Subject: TMBG: versions of sensurround >I am really pumped. I just bought Miscellaneous T and They Might Be >Giants. Now I have all of their LP's (except Then). I have a question >and I need your opinions. Would someone who bought the Mighty Morphin >Power Ranger soundtrack just to get SenSurround be stupid or a dedicated >fan?? Hmm...I had my best friend buy it for me for my birthday present last year, but I really don't like the cd as a whole. Here's my advice: either just buy the SEXXY single and settle for the new version (which I like a bit better anyhow), or find someone with the Power Rangers soundtrack and get a taped copy of the song. I don't think the original sensurround is worth $15+, especially with 'Insect Hospital' or 'Thing' on the way as well as 'Imaginary Friend' or whatever the new mono puff is called (Felt Tip Pen?). The SEXXY version will be plenty enough for you until you can find a power rangers fan with an already-bought copy on hand. Nathan Todd a.k.a. tenman *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~www.uvm.edu/~ntodd/index.htm~~~> "I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life....No matter who makes the claim, how large their number or how great their need." ~Ayn Rand, "The Fountainhead" ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704301349.AA05767@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Re: React.com Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:49:37 -0400 (EDT) > Here's the URL for the voting page on react.com that was mentioned on the > list... > > http://www.react.com/bin/nph-form.cgi?type=charts_vote I've noticed that at the top of most of React's pages they put a Factoid. Well, I thought it funny on this voting page that they would have this factoid: Factoid: The longest conga line was the Miami Super Conga, with 119,986 people /Matt -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704301356.AA05782@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: NON-TMBG: BNL Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:56:18 -0400 (EDT) I was curious when BNL was playing Bohager's and is it 1 night or 2? While I'm not a huge fan of their songs I do enjoy some of their stsuff and I can see how they could be rather cool live. Unfortunately, I already plan to see Erasure, Supergrass, and James at the end of May/Begnning of June so my funds may be rather low. Being in Baltimore, though, I could most likely actually make a weekday show. Thanks for any info. /Matt -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970430111756.006b5308@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:22:54 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: some vague semblance of TMBG relation... but mostly BNL's coming to Charleston, SC on May 4th....I can't wait! They're my 2nd favorite band, behind TMBG of course... Are there any other people planning to go to the Music Farm concert? TTYL, -Adam At 10:39 PM 4/29/97 -0400, you wrote: >Okay, so the Barenaked Ladies are coming to town next week at Bohagers and >the 9:30. I would jump at the chance to see them at least once (even though >they are both weekday shows... grumble), but the problem is that none of my >regular concert pals can make it, for various reasons of parental insanity or >academic stress. This is bad, because I have no transportation. Also, I >really don't think I'd have a good time if I went by myself, and anyway my >parents wouldn't let me go alone. So I was wondering if anyone on the list is >planning to attend one of these shows, preferable the 9:30, and if so: >1) Could you give a lift to someone in Springfield, VA, who would help pay >for gas or whatever? >2) Can you give me your assurance that you are not an axe murderer? >3) Do you have no moral compunction about telling my parents that you are >actually a dear friend of mine and not some random person from the internet? > >If anyone fits all three categories (and number two is fairly important, by >the way), please let me know: Christi587@aol.com. > >I know that was off-topic, but after all your OMLT Goddess has done for you, >I'm sure you can allow her one little teeny non-TMBG post. Oh, and speaking >of OMLTs... uh, just hang in there for a while. I *really will* get check >information to you soon, but my humanities teachers recently decided to >forget that they are not teaching the AP class and they assigned >approximately one buttload of projects. So I'm running a bit behind. > >--Christy > >P.S. Do...do...donut shop! Bwah ha ha ha... I *still* think it's funny. > > /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970430112158.006b505c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:23:10 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: RE: TMBG: Sorry, scanner At 08:05 AM 4/30/97 +0100, you wrote: Wow, I'm one of the top 10 posters?!?!? That makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. :> TTYL, -Adam >67 The Gottschalks >57 Geoffrey McNulty >53 Evan R Kleve >44 Evan Chakroff >34 Matthew James >33 vlad_drakul >32 Kirsten Brodbeck >26 Mike Leffel >21 Adam Tyner >20 McClusky, Jesse /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970430112012.00683be0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:23:04 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Yay!!!! At 08:54 PM 4/29/97 PST, you wrote: >Would someone who bought the Mighty Morphin >Power Ranger soundtrack just to get SenSurround be stupid or a dedicated >fan?? Someone who would do that would be....me. :> It's probably a little overboard to get *everything*, but if you're a collector and enjoy getting this stuff, and if no one suffers because of it, why not? A lot of people will never know the thrill of picking up an Ana Ng CD5... :> TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:04:37 -0500 From: elleng@massart.edu (ellen g.) Subject: Re: TMBG: Similarities search engine > and who the hey are Take 6, 2Nu, Swingle Singers, and Stormtroopers of > Death? The swingle singers are another a capella group. They're famous for taking Bach's cantatas and turing them into vocal works. A famous one is B minor, I think... y'know, like halloween.. Duh dah duh duhdahduhdah duuuuuuuh dah. And so on and so forth. -ellen April is the crulest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead earth, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain. -T. S. Eliot ************************************** Visit Eclectic Ellen G's Website, presently being revamped! http://www.tiac.net/users/gersh/ellen.htm ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:07:00 -0400 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <33676E24.2101@ameritech.net> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Take out your Felt-Tipped Pens--New Lyrics!!! Benjamin Hauck wrote: > > Ben or Been here. > > I've recently completed transcribing the lyrics for all the tracks on the > two new Hello Mono Puff discs. Anyone wanna hear??? [My comments in > brackets.] *-Denotes chorus. > > Well, I'm sure of it now. Flans is a god. Just reading those lyrics makes me wish that the new Mono Puff CD was out now! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704301708.MAA05761@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Sorry, scanner Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:58:31 -0500 I sense a wave of statistics a coming.... Heh Heh... I'll try to do better, coach! HONEST! BWAHAHAHAH! >67 The Gottschalks >57 Geoffrey McNulty >53 Evan R Kleve >44 Evan Chakroff >34 Matthew James >33 vlad_drakul >32 Kirsten Brodbeck >26 Mike Leffel >21 Adam Tyner >20 McClusky, Jesse I wish I had the 32 footstep..I mean, postings! Mike "Lover of Charts like this" Leffel ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9704301822.AA06251@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: chart Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:22:32 -0400 (EDT) > I sense a wave of statistics a coming.... > > Heh Heh... I'll try to do better, coach! HONEST! > > BWAHAHAHAH! > > >67 The Gottschalks > >57 Geoffrey McNulty > >53 Evan R Kleve > >44 Evan Chakroff > >34 Matthew James > >33 vlad_drakul > >32 Kirsten Brodbeck > >26 Mike Leffel > >21 Adam Tyner > >20 McClusky, Jesse > > I wish I had the 32 footstep..I mean, postings! > > > Mike "Lover of Charts like this" Leffel I'm gonna knock the man DOWN! This Gottschalks guy is outta control, ya know Heimi? /Matt -- "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199704301913.MAA21883@f39.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: TMBG: So, who all's going to KU on Saturday? Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:13:41 PDT Greetings my beloved listies! So far, all I've heard about Brian Doherty is that he's in drug rehab. Until I get some confirmation on that, I consider it a rumor. A nasty one at that. Brian, we (at least Jillian and I ) still love you and miss you. Wherever you are, couldja drop the Center a line at blooey@hotmail.com and let us know you're ok? <---end total silliness---> Ok, on to the main content of this message. 1. Who's going to KU on Saturday? So far, I'm still going with Heather and her boyfriend. That's three of us. 2. Does an apres-show party sound good to any of you? 3. Tell me what kind of party we should do so i CAN get in touch with my contact at KU and actually organize something. Factors to deal with: budgeting restrictions? Where to meet? What kind of party? (No, I'm not buying beer, so fugeddabowdit.) Please respond to this PRIVATELY asap so I can get this together. Love ya! Anastasia This message brought to you by Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's my real name so stop asking already!!!!) ###################################################### "Don't call me at work again, oh no, the boss still hates me; I'm just tired, and I don't love you anymore; and there's a restaurant we should check out where the other nightmare people like to go-I mean nice people-baby wait; I didn't mean to say 'nightmare'..."-TMBG, 'They'll Need A Crane' TMBG Info Club ID# 50982 TMBG Show at KU 5/3/97 (my first show...yippee!) **************************************************** Get Stomped!!! at http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1993 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:23:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Sensurround + Singles I got/Available singles/L3ENC Message-ID: On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Nathan Todd wrote: ** I don't think the original sensurround is worth $15+, especially with ** 'Insect Hospital' or 'Thing' on the way. / The SEXXY version will be ** plenty enough for you until you can find a power rangers fan with an ** already-bought copy on hand. And now, I bust out my handy Ryan Staib Message Labeling System (tm) (sm) (R) (P) (C) (S) (All Rights Reserved) (patent pending). ---- TOPIC 1: Singles I Got (and some albums, too) Or, you can get a promo only soundtrack for $4 new... hehehehe. In the past month, I have gotten: (1) Istanbul single, (1) I Palindrome I single, (1) Joe Jackson 'Look Sharp' on vinyl, (1) XTC 'Skylarking' promo only on vinyl, (1) S-E-X-X-Y 3-song version, (1) XTC 'Waxworks' (ok, that's not rare, but I just got it today and I'm pretty pumped about it), (1) S-E-X-X-Y 5-song version (different artwork on the inside, different type of case than the 3-song version), (1) Devil Went Down to Newport (the SEXXY 5 and Devil I got _today_ at the same store with the XTC!) I can't wait to get home. I believe almost no one cares about this. :) ---- TOPIC 2: Sensurround (original version), Where to Find The original version of Sensurround is available as an mp3 on someone's website. Searching for "they might be giants" & mp3 on altavista advanced search is a good thing. ---- TOPIC 3: L3ENC, Using Anyone who needs help with using L3ENC, just drop me a note, I know what to do. Someone out there needed help, and I sent them a message telling them I could help out, but they never responded. If it was aol's evil and nonfunctional mail system (you were on aol), just email me and I'll send it again. ---- TOPIC 4: Rare Singles are Available! (Istanbul and WDTSS) Also, if anyone desperately needs and can't find either the Istanbul single or the WDTSS single, ask me real nice-like and I can probably pick them up for you. RS (Tell me if you like my Message Labeling System and handy -- yet again -- message-ender-label.) ------------------- END MESSAGE ------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 30 Apr 97 15:30 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Take out your Felt-Tipped Pens--New Lyrics!!! >A rolling chick in shack [Maybe it doesn't say this.] I don't have the recordings, but my best guess is that this is supposed to be "chicken shack." BTW, all who are curious, "Imaginary Friend" is, as far as I can tell from reading the lyrics, the same as "Felt Tip Pen." Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 30 Apr 97 15:45 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Sorry, scanner >>32 Kirsten Brodbeck > >I wish I had the 32 footstep..I mean, postings! Hee hee... Thanks, now I feel special! :) Kirsten "Because it's always a good feeling to have something other people envy" Brodbeck -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Sensurround + Singles I got/Available singles/L3ENC Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 13:30:46 -0700 >---------- >From: Ryan Staib[SMTP:97starya@james.hawken.edu] >Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 1997 12:23 PM >To: ! >Subject: Re: TMBG: Sensurround + Singles I got/Available singles/L3ENC > >TOPIC 4: Rare Singles are Available! (Istanbul and WDTSS) > Also, if anyone desperately needs and can't find either the Istanbul >single or the WDTSS single, ask me real nice-like and I can probably pick >them up for you. WDTSS isn't rare. CDNow is still selling it BRAND NEW for like $7+S&H. Jesse ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970430133301.00712a54@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 13:33:11 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: scanners >When you people take pictures at a concert, how do you get access to a >scanner when you don't actually own one, or none of your friends do? Are >there libraries that have them, etc? I just got some good pix from Kenyon >that I would love to share with all you wonderful people. I use my school's scanners... hunt around and see if yours has scanners available for student use. >Would someone who bought the Mighty Morphin >Power Ranger soundtrack just to get SenSurround be stupid or a dedicated >fan?? Depends on how much $ the store is asking for said soundtrack. :) >oh, and you'll all be glad to know that there is a wicked cool display >case in the union for the show with a huge poster of the johns. i asked >today if i could have it after the show and the guy was like "uhhh, yeah, >i guess." sheesh! some people just don't understand. :) Yeah, guess not. :) If there's an extra poster lying around, can I have it? I'll pay for postage and stuff. >linnell kept looking right at me, and it was >kind weird, cause you think 'oih it'd be cool if he looked at me' but then >he did, and i vcouldn't look at him, it was just weird, it wqas all >probably cause i was the only person in the front row right in front of >him singing and jumping up and down to every song :) Not necessarily. Linnell has the supernatural ability to make eye contact with everyone in the audience simultaneously. Further proof, in my mind, that he is an Immortal. :) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Simultaneous events don't happen--we are isolated temporally."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 16:20:08 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: RE: TMBG: Sorry, scanner Message-ID: This makes me consider keeping my mouth shut a lot more often. On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Adam Tyner wrote: > At 08:05 AM 4/30/97 +0100, you wrote: > > Wow, I'm one of the top 10 posters?!?!? That makes me feel all warm and > tingly inside. :> > > TTYL, > > -Adam > > >67 The Gottschalks > >57 Geoffrey McNulty > >53 Evan R Kleve > >44 Evan Chakroff > >34 Matthew James > >33 vlad_drakul > >32 Kirsten Brodbeck > >26 Mike Leffel > >21 Adam Tyner > >20 McClusky, Jesse > /----=========================================----\ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ > The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! > ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:15:40 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: SEMITMBG: KITH Message-Id: Well, in response to the sensurround/power rangers thing, I'd like to encourage people looking to expand their horizons not to hesitate in buying the Brain Candy Soundtrack, especially if you've seen the movie. I bought the soundtrack the day it came out, and I was quite glad I did so. Even Though I listened to SS first, I then listened to the rest of the soundtrack, and found it to be quite good. It was even better later when I had seen the movie, so I could recognize those songs. I'd say that everything is good on it, but for me the highlight is CIBO MATTO, an incredible female band that sorta "rants" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:50:44 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199704302250.SAA08584@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: non-TMBG:The Onion? Dear peoples, I don't mean to divert attention from Them, but I'd like everybody to check out The Onion. It is a hilarious newspaper with lots of fake articles. If you like the Kids in the Hall(which everyone SHOULD), or if you just have a good sense of humor, check it out. The News Archives are very good, but especially check out the April 23 issue's "Tips for Safe Sex." I laughed so hard I cried. Also, check out the "What do you think?"s. Those always make me burst into laughter. This newspaper is one of those intended for 18 and older things, but you don't have to agree to anything to get in. Sorry I took up all your time. The address: www.theonion.com Marty ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970430185934.00f7a638@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:59:34 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: chart where did this come from to begin with? Did I just delete the message? Why am I #44? Why? Why? WHY!? >> >44 Evan Chakroff ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:59:14 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970430185913_-700407758@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: Non-Tmbg:Posting Rules of Thumb Hey, I've been in this position before; people complaing about my posting habits. Here's a few rules of thumb I've picked up (by personal experience) that I'd like to share to help confused posters out. 1- No FWDs at all, no matter what. I've learned this ALL too well 2- No really LONG posts 3- Don't quote entire messages in replies (esp. if very long). People on the Digest HATE that! 4- 2 post max a day. Usually if you're a big REPLIER, gather several replies into one message, even though it'll be longer. Well, that's basicaly it. just one more thing. Think about what you're sending before you send it. Think of the consequences. How relevant is it? Will anyone get mad? etc... I hope this helps. Joel ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:38:12 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199704302338.TAA13745@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: TMBG: Back to Skull? I know it isn't at all rare, but I know where I can get some new copies of the Back to Skull EP for a reasonable price if anybody wants to buy or trade for another single I don't have. Also, I have three fairly large promotional posters for Factory Showroom that I got from Cat's that I would be willing to trade for some EPs that I am lacking at the moment. Ah, well, write back if you are interested. Marty ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:48:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Non-Tmbg:Posting Rules of Thumb Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Apr-97 TMBG: Re: Non-Tmbg:Posting .. by Yoel97@aol.com > 4- 2 post max a day. Usually if you're a big REPLIER, gather several > replies into one message, even though it'll be longer. I don't see what the big deal with posting several messages is... if there's a decent thread going, I'll post as many times as I like. as long as I'm posting the same content and same responses, it shouldn't make a huge difference whether it's split up into 5 messages or compacted into one long one. (maybe a few extra headers, but that's really it...) the only "rules" we need are those of standard "netiquitte" (as much as I hate the term) things like - no "me too" posts, no flaming, no correcting grammar/spelling unless it's relevant (and the spellings of accordion and Flansburgh and Linnell are relevant and important here), etc, etc. but trying to restrict people based on standards *you* set is a Bad Idea (tm). if anyone is going to set down rules for the list, let it be the admin. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:36:06 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970430163020.25773a12@proaxis.com> From: Celestia Subject: TMBG: The STICK SEND ME ALL YOUR STORIES ABOUT THE STICK. I don't care if they're boring, stupid, self-explanatory, or whatever. I just want stick stories. and i don't mean "i was at a concert and they used the stick during lie still little bottle. and now i'll whine about the confetti cannon." I want real, live stick stories. what did they do with the stick? were there any comments made about the stick? was the stick given a name? any personal anecdotes about the stick? etc, etc. I think the stick deserves a webpage (or at least part of mine) and if i get enough stick stories, there will be one. and all will be good, and the stick will be appeased and, as a form of thanks, will not take over the world in the name of sticks everywhere. and remember, kiddies: a concert review without an in-depth description of the stick is not really a concert review at all, just a long, bad setlist. THANKYOU! and please actually *do* this, i know a lot of times i will be like "hey, that's a pretty good idea, i'll send them some stuff" and then i'll get distracted by some trivial little thing like my algebra homework. but do it! please! the stick pleads and begs you! Celestia, tooms@proaxis.com http://www.geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/2210/ Currently in my cd player: Ben Folds Five, Whatever and Ever Amen; Fiona Apple, Tidal; Ben Lee, Grandpaw Would; TMBG, Lincoln; Pulp, Different Class -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version:3.1 GMU/L/O d+ s a---- C++ U--- P L- E? W++ N++ o K- w+ O- M-- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t+ !5 X++ R tv++ b+++ DI++ D++ G e* h! r% x -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK----- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:24:14 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: Yay!!!! Message-ID: <19970430.174335.3646.2.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) No. I don't have SEXXY because TMBG isn't popular enough to get any sort of sales except their LP's. I would like to get SEXXY, but I always have this deep inner feeling that it is pointless since I already have Factory Showroom. It's strange because I have no problem buying a crappy (mostly) soundtrack to get one song. I have all the other songs removed from the play list. Josh Nielsen On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:22:28 -0500 (EST) Ann Priestman writes: >Do you have SEXXY? Because I would get that instead if you can find >the CD5, seeing as then you'll get We've Got a World that Swings and >Unforgotten along with it. The CD5 isn't too hard to find yet >either. Personally, I like the single version of Sensurround a little >better anyway. Of course, it is kinda fun to be able to say you love >a band so much you bought a whole CD for one song of Their's. > >-Ann > >PS I'm listening to it right now, and I just remembered one other >drawback of the Power Rangers Soundtrack--right after Sensurround goes >off, "Ayeyaiyai (The Alpha Song)" comes on, which I'm sorry, but I >just can't listen to. :) > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:43:27 PST Subject: TMBG: Questions Message-ID: <19970430.174335.3646.4.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I don't want to sound stupid, but I have a few questions (isn't that all I ever post?). 1. Where does Ana Ng live (I know it is in the southern hemisphere)? 2. What is John's obsession with copy shops (see Sleeping in the Flowers and a song on Lincoln)? 3. What is the name of The World's Address on Miscellaneous T? Thanks. Josh Nielsen "Black coffee's not enough for me. I need a better friend..." -Linnell (I think) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:17:18 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: You all Message-ID: <19970430.174335.3646.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Thank you. There is a guy at my school who doesn't really like TMBG, but has a shirt anyway. I've been trying to get it from him, but he won't give it up. It sucks because TMBG is not popular enough here in Oregon for any music store to sell the singles or any apparel. Anyone know where I can get a shirt? Josh Nielsen On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 23:48:53 -0400 Laurie Selmer writes: >I've been on this list for a few days now, and let me say that you >guys >are the coolest. I have trouble finding other TMBG fans (people who >have heard more than Particle Man), and this is awesome. I've >listened >to They since the 6th grade, and I'm a senior now. Just thought I'd >let >you know. And I saw a guy with a They Might Be Giants shirt on today! >Yea! >appreciatively, >Tracy ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 May 97 00:06:20 UT From: "Kathy and Ryan " Message-Id: Subject: TMBG: Lots o stuff, some tmbg >>>>>well ya'll, wish me luck. i'm gonna go see bush (ugh) and veruca salt (yay!) in about an hour, and i'm afraid. gots me some back stage passes, i gots, so at least i won't hav eto put up with moshing frat boys. thank god for this entertainment industry that i love. oh, and they might be giants are good >sex musak.<<<<<< Yeah! Another Veruca Salt fan! Bye the way, i went to the the React page, but S-E-X-X-Y wasn't my favorite and Volcano Girls was a REALLY good single, so i voted for it instead. Go ahead, flame me and call me a traitor. Also, did anyone else have problems with the booklet in T:TEY? Mine has a lot of pages repeated and is missing quite a few pages completely. Ryan the .sigless wonder "Um, yeah." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3367F4C9.54CE@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:41:29 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: TMBG: Background... Uhhh... yeah. I'm gonna convert my Diablo page into a page of cool stuff... one of which will include Them... but I don't want to use my red-on-black color scheme... does anyone have a cool They background, like the Factory Logo, or something, that I can have? Please? It's for Their sake... -- Vladimir Drakul ******************************************************************* *"Genius survives; all else is claimed by death." * * -Milton * * * *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * * -John Stange * * * *"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive." * * -George Hartnell * * * *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * * -TMBG * * * *"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!!" * * -John Flansburgh * * * *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * * -Carl Sagan * ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3367F7CC.3A88@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:54:20 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: React.com Matthew James wrote: > > Postage paid by: [Image] > > --------------------------------------------------------------- > > > Here's the URL for the voting page on react.com that was mentioned on the > > list... > > > > http://www.react.com/bin/nph-form.cgi?type=charts_vote > I've noticed that at the top of most of React's pages they put a > Factoid. Well, I thought it funny on this voting page that they would > have this factoid: > Factoid: The longest conga line was the Miami Super Conga, with 119,986 > people > > /Matt > > -- > "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way > Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) > ------------------------------------------------------------------- > Matt James > polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu > Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America > "Cracking toast, Gromit!" > New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com Hey, maybe we can have Them beat that! We should get every TMBG fan in the US and get together in Kansas or something (Washington's good for me :) and get the biggest conga line ever going around. Uhhh... i was gonna say something, but i forgot what it was... -- Vladimir Drakul ******************************************************************* *"Genius survives; all else is claimed by death." * * -Milton * * * *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * * -John Stange * * * *"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive." * * -George Hartnell * * * *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * * -TMBG * * * *"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!!" * * -John Flansburgh * * * *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * * -Carl Sagan * ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:56:01 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Questions Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Apr-97 TMBG: Questions by Joshua D Nielsen@juno.co > 1. Where does Ana Ng live (I know it is in the southern hemisphere)? actually, it's not. Ana Ng is a Chinese name (at least Ng is, usually), and they've commented that the origin is that it was the most common name in the NYC phone book, but that the song must have been sung from the perspective of someone in Peru.... (even though they're not) > 2. What is John's obsession with copy shops (see Sleeping in the Flowers > and a song on Lincoln)? Snowball in Hell. unknown. probably based on John's own personal experiences or something... > 3. What is the name of The World's Address on Miscellaneous T? 4. The World's Address (Joshua Fried re-mix) > "Black coffee's not enough for me. I need a better friend..." -Flansburgh (I know :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705010204.VAA24583@dfw-ix15.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: TMBG: MP3 for Macintosh Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:02:02 -0700 Someone was asking about an MP3 player for the macintosh here is some info (I don't have a mac I just got this in my mail and thought I would help out someone) Vamp 1.0 - http://w3.teaser.fr/%7Empollet/Vamp/ so computer intensive I can't do anything else, but a good player with a nice interface. pretty much useless though for me if I can't work with it in the background. MacPlay3 0.99 - http://www.iis.fhg.de/departs/amm/layer3/macplay3/index.html buggy buggy buggy, and the demo fails to work for me now. someone even sent me a patch to remove the 20 second demo limit, but now nothing works. this one would seem to be the player with the most tech behind it, but I can't get it to work. Audioactive 1.1 - http://www.audioactive.com/ allows play in the background but computer gets kind of jumpy. for me it only plays files with Audioactive file type. version 1.2a gives a "copyright notice" for every file I've tried to play and so refuses to play them. SoundApp 2.3 - http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/%7Efranke/SoundApp/ the new release supposedly now supports MP3, but for me it only plays the first few seconds of my MP3 files then stops. I had high hopes for this app because its so good at playing everything else. its really the workhouse sound app for any mac owner. MPecker 0.95 PPC - http://www.anime.net/%7Ego/mpeckers.html this one stutters every 2 seconds, skipping briefly, and requires most of the cpu. MacAmp 1.0d9 - http://amug.org/~demos/MacAmp the best player I've found but it has NO INTERFACE! I can continue to work with it playing files in the background though, which vaults it to the top of my list. ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Michelle" Subject: Re: TMBG: The STICK Date: Thu, 01 May 97 19:37:48 PDT ---------- | SEND ME ALL YOUR STORIES ABOUT THE STICK. I don't care if they're boring, | stupid, self-explanatory, or whatever. I just want stick stories. and i | don't mean "i was at a concert and they used the stick during lie still | little bottle. and now i'll whine about the confetti cannon." I want real, | live stick stories. what did they do with the stick? were there any comments | made about the stick? was the stick given a name? any personal anecdotes | about the stick? etc, etc. And what the hell is this stick, anyway? I'm feeling REALLY stupid right about now. Whatever.... Michelle In the player: Grosse Pointe Blank Soundtrack, Poe, Jewel, Ben Folds Five, Crash Test Dummies ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:35:28 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: Questions Message-ID: On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Apr-97 TMBG: Questions by Joshua D > Nielsen@juno.co > > > 1. Where does Ana Ng live (I know it is in the southern hemisphere)? > > actually, it's not. Ana Ng is a Chinese name (at least Ng is, usually), > and they've commented that the origin is that it was the most common > name in the NYC phone book, but that the song must have been sung from > the perspective of someone in Peru.... (even though they're not) > > > 2. What is John's obsession with copy shops (see Sleeping in the Flowers > > and a song on Lincoln)? > > Snowball in Hell. > > unknown. probably based on John's own personal experiences or something... > > > 3. What is the name of The World's Address on Miscellaneous T? > > 4. The World's Address (Joshua Fried re-mix) > > > "Black coffee's not enough for me. I need a better friend..." > -Flansburgh (I know :) "More coffee for me, boss, because I'm not as messed up as I want to be." -Hearing Aid ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 30 Apr 97 22:45 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Questions >> 2. What is John's obsession with copy shops (see Sleeping in the Flowers >> and a song on Lincoln)? > >Snowball in Hell. > >unknown. probably based on John's own personal experiences or something... Didn't one of the Johns work at a publisher, doing cutting and pasting or something like that? Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 23:01:08 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970430225906_-566168207@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: NONTMBG: MusicMidtown Hello 41- I hate to use the list to find people, but I'm going to have to... Are there any of you that live in Atlanta and surrounding communities that wouldn't mind letting me use a piece of your floor for a few hours of sleep in between going to shows at the Music Midtown? I would incredibly appriciate this and figure out some way to pay you back for your kindness. Anyone that can help me, please email me ASAP! Feel the love! Adam ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199705010334.XAA06244@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 30 Apr 1997 22:27:08 EDT Subject: SEMITMBG: KITH GO>Well, in response to the sensurround/power rangers thing, I'd like to encour GO>people looking to expand their horizons not to hesitate in buying the Brain GO>Candy Soundtrack, especially if you've seen the movie. I bought the soundtra GO>the day it came out, and I was quite glad I did so. Even Though I listened t GO>SS first, I then listened to the rest of the soundtrack, and found it to be GO>quite good. It was even better later when I had seen the movie, so I could GO>recognize those songs. I'd say that everything is good on it, but for me the GO>highlight is CIBO MATTO, an incredible female band that sorta "rants" I agee with you on every point except for the highlight of the sdtk. MY favorite perfomance is the track from the towel-clad Pual Belini . "Long Dark Twenties" is a great song. THe whole soundtrack is great too though. It introduced me to Guided by Voices, Stereolab, Cibo Matto, and who can forget, Death Lurks :) I got it before Factory Showroom came out, so Spiralling Shape ws new to me and was the main reason for me to purcase the CD, but I found that the rest of the CD was (almost) just as good as SS. Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705010337.UAA20919@mta2.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:44:52 -0700 (PDT) From: The Great and Wise Nick Hatton Subject: TMBG: Country TMBG My new girlfriend likes country a lot. I want to introduce her to TMBG , I would like a list of songs that would appeal to her If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Please send me any help by private e-mail as I sometimes have trouble sorting the list out. Perhaps we could organize a database of TNBG songs in different genres (index of sorts) Anakin1@rocketmail.com _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 23:51:28 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose Subject: TMBG: Random thoughts of spurious interest Message-ID: Well, I have some thoughts. First, Ben or Been, I am afraid you do _not_ have exclusive video footage of the Kenyon show. At this time all I can say is that I know that someone videotaped the whole thing. Ask me no questions about this. Well I bought THEN, finally, for around 24 dollars American at a Best Buy, where I also picked up a Julee Cruise/David Lynch CD for $1.99 (the one from 1993, with the cheese/meat ant-covered head on the cover). I look forward to listening to it. Now, the real meat. There are still copies of BACKSPACE available thru Backspace Media, the magazine that features an exclusive interview with TMBG producer Pat Dillett. The next issue will feature a rare, possibly the final, interview with the legendary Bill Krauss. I have nothing to do with this zine, I just dig it. So, email backspace@as-if.com for more info on how to get this zine. You won't regret it. Thank you. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* come visit Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour! --->www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy AND: Check out the new webzine JournalX at www.journalx.com *-----------------------------* "Sugar is granulated happiness. It's a friend." --David Lynch ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:57:52 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: Questions Message-ID: <19970430.205809.4878.3.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Now I feel really stupid. But it is a good feeling, for I am enlightened now. Thanks. On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:56:01 -0400 (EDT) Lawrence P Solomon writes: >Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Apr-97 TMBG: Questions by Joshua >D >Nielsen@juno.co > >> 1. Where does Ana Ng live (I know it is in the southern hemisphere)? > > >actually, it's not. Ana Ng is a Chinese name (at least Ng is, >usually), >and they've commented that the origin is that it was the most common >name in the NYC phone book, but that the song must have been sung from >the perspective of someone in Peru.... (even though they're not) > >> 2. What is John's obsession with copy shops (see Sleeping in the >Flowers >> and a song on Lincoln)? > >Snowball in Hell. > >unknown. probably based on John's own personal experiences or >something... > >> 3. What is the name of The World's Address on Miscellaneous T? > >4. The World's Address (Joshua Fried re-mix) I kind of figured that, but I overlooked it. Now that you say that I can find it right off. I don't like it as much as the Lincoln version. > >> "Black coffee's not enough for me. I need a better friend..." > -Flansburgh (I know :) Is he the one that has the better singing voice? I can tell them apart, but I don't know who's who. > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:01:58 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: Questions Message-ID: <19970430.211139.4878.5.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:35:28 -0500 (CDT) The Gottschalks writes: >> > "Black coffee's not enough for me. I need a better friend..." >> -Flansburgh (I know :) > >"More coffee for me, boss, because I'm not as messed up as I want to >be." > -Hearing Aid > "So sneak out this glass of bourbon and we'll go..." -Road Movie To Berlin ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:11:35 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: You all Message-ID: <19970430.211139.4878.7.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I think that is what I am going to have to do. At the official site, it says you can e-mail them, but it never gives an address (but then again, you know my searching skills. I overlooked The World's A Dress on Miscellanwous T). Do you happen to know the e-mail address? Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 23:46:03 EDT tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) writes: >Sign up for the mailing list (snail-mail). They send you a booklet >with news, lyrics, and catelogs for albums, t-shirts, and other neat >junk. The address you write to sign up is in the CD booklet for >Factory Showroom. > >-Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the >part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 00:35:15 -0400 (EDT) From: She Might Be Amy Subject: Re: TMBG: Ben or Been's Keenyon Experience!!! Message-ID: > But, at the end of the song when Linnell made > the opening address, a security guard asked me firmly to turn it off. He > then either followed with saying "If I see it again, I'll take it" or > "I'll break it"--I think he said "break," but my surrounding friends heard > him say "take." Oh well--I have EXCLUSIVE footage that no one else has. Oh that was *you* that we saw getting in trouble....yeah, my friend was afraid that we would get his camera taken too, so we went to the back and just zoomed in. Got some great video! > I took pictures from FRONT ROW DEAD CENTER. You *should* feel jealous. Unless we have pictures of our own that came out just as well. :) Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 00:27:53 -0500 (CDT) From: Dan McNevin Subject: TMBG: chicago, shows #2 and #3, 30 april 1997 Message-ID: phew i am exausted, i got 2 setlists this time...1 from the instore, and again the 1st set of the regular show... but i wrote down all the songs at the regular show, because i love each and everyone of you so much...:) Instore, Tower Record on clark in chicago (as appears on the setlist) --- sun worst nyc insect [insect hospital, again they said this is the name of the new album] xxy bird purple |-- more (she's actual size, the joker) <---| i can hear particle [they aso played spy/broom but it's not listed] regular show metro, chicago --- 1st set (again from the setlist) --- car intro [kitten intro] hope / cage (no track) number 3 is a seq into... seven seconds then... mr. me manhattan 32 foot / miss me hide away / hotel d. ana ng shoe lie still angel with special tuning nothing / polka 2nd set (from my good old handwriting) --- stingray (?) rhythm section want ad where your eyes don't go we're the replacements factory showroom (little segway song) james k polk twistin pet name metal detector why does the sun shine snail shell spy/? birdhouse on the drag older xtc v adam ant exquisite dead guy purple toupee sexxy sleeping in the flowers your own worst enemy factory showroom actual size particle man spider guitar encore --- grahm alone on stage for the istabul intro istabul i can hear you NYC till my head fals off 42 songs again, plus 12 at the instore that makes 96 songs i saw them play the past 2 days, man... they seeemed more into it tonight, inell jumping around, someone said to tur the drum track down, and they said, 'that's how the drum machine gets pumped for the show, by playing real loud', and they also said the stick only played on one song cause it charges a lot for it services, and is a union worker... anyway, work in a few hours, so i'll miss not seeing tmbg tommorrow, but i won;t miss driving all the ay to chicago through traffic, and fiding parking, and whatnot :) so, goodnight dan ___ dan mcnevin | danlin@underworld.net cold meat productions | danlin@pimpz.org www.underworld.net/~danlin | danlin@acquiesce.org i've got a world that swings... | danlin@the-beatles.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-120 ******************************