Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-123 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 123 Sunday, 4 May 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: WE ALL SUX TMBG: KU info please!! Re: TMBG: WE ALL SUX TMBG: Re: the nonsense TMBG: who knew? Re: TMBG: WE ALL SUX Re: NON-TMBG: WE ALL SUX Re: TMBG: TMBG SUX: We have a winner! TMBG: Auf Wiedersehen for the summer TMBG: MODERATION (none) TMBG: New Mono Puff Hello Discs... Re: TMBG: Blah TMBG: Hi TMBG: Video Compilation TMBG: Collection of Elektra B-sides Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff Hello Discs... TMBG: we don't need this fascist groove thang TMBG: IRC channel Re: TMBG: Video Compilation TMBG: KU SHOW REVIEW TMBG: covers Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff Hello Discs... Re: TMBG: Questions TMBG: Re: favorite ending TMBG: Re: Flood=BEST TMBG CD!!!) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970503064159.006fa0cc@mail.vt.edu> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 02:41:59 -0400 From: Jon Subject: TMBG: WE ALL SUX ########################################################### #### IF YOU REPLY TO THIS, YOU ARE A TOOL AND A SUCKER #### ########################################################### Scenario: You are a jerk. You think to yourself, "I bet if I go post a hate message to some mailing list, they'll whine about it for days. Ha, ha!" You pick the hapless, innocent TMBG list as a candidate. IT'S REAL. ANYONE WHO HAS REPLIED IS MORE THE FOOL. IGNORE IT, PEOPLE. (And if you're thinking "mail bomb," I'm thinking "immature" and "illegal.") * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "He's an addict and that's a fact, but at least he's not smoking crack..." * -Dance Hall Crashers, "Java Junkie" ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 01:39:18 -0500 (CDT) From: Little Woman From Another Place <00083933@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG: KU info please!! Message-ID: Hi everyone! It looks like I'll be going to the KU show afterall!!! I've been pretty much disregarding the KU messages, because I thought I couldn't go, and they were depressing me. Tonight I found out I will be able to go. So, what I need to know is if anybody has any idea what time They'll be playing. I'm guessing sometime between 4:00 and 5:00 since they expect the concert to be over by 6:00. Can anyone confirm this or give me a closer time estimate? Is there anything else important that I should know? Thanks!!! =) Kylee * -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kylee Dickey 00083933@bigred.unl.edu | "Life's like a movie: Write your http://members.tripod.com/~ShortOne | own ending. Keep believing, keep she.is.actual.size@tmbg.org | pretending." --Kermit the Frog * -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <336B097D.9AD@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 02:46:37 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: WE ALL SUX > Scenario: You are a jerk. You think to yourself, "I bet if I go post a > hate message to some mailing list, they'll whine about it for days. Ha, > ha!" You pick the hapless, innocent TMBG list as a candidate. > Folks, my opionion here is let people whine about it. It gives us something to talk about. Every once in a while, I think you all have to agree, this list doesnt have any TMBG news or anything really TMBG related to talk about. So why not lets complain about it? What better do we have to talk about? Good-day, all. From: The version of Kevin McGuire that is awaiting something derogatory in his mailbox. ------------------------------ From: LeviAdams@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 03:10:28 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970503031027_708422313@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: the nonsense << Done and done, mail bombed his ass. (even though John and John would not condone such an act, being the ambassadors of love as they are.) Steve>> i'm sure i'll be despised for being the voice of reason, as usual, but 1. mailbombing does nothing to change the mind of the one being bombed, if anything it'll only make them angry and add to a potential escalation of the situation 2. doing such a thing proves nothing more than insecurity and fear of anything outside of one's own little world of what's "right" and "wrong", "good" and "bad"... i mean, to feel threatened by a post like *that*! 3. as rude and immature as that post was, you know, he has the right to express it. just because he didn't adhere to proper "netiquette" and was just plain rude only means that it would make sense to ignore posts from him, yes? 4. this is exactly the desired response. congrats, steve, you're no better than the guy who original sent the "i hate tmbg" post... -leviadams ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705030714.CAA19744@audumla.students.wisc.edu> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 02:07:20 -0500 From: Argyle Subject: TMBG: who knew? You know what, your favorite band sucks. that 's what everything is really about, isn't it? i only wish that you could see just how horrible your tastes really are. i mean, who can say that they really like the music that they like? it's all just a ploy to find chicks and get fucked up the ass, isn't it? we're all just rock'n'roll whores. argyle ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 03:25:59 -0400 From: Chess Piece Face Subject: Re: TMBG: WE ALL SUX Message-id: <1.5.4.32.19970503072559.006776d0@uno.cc.geneseo.edu> At 02:41 AM 5-3-1997 -0400, you wrote: I am not a TOOL!! or a sucker. I'm just stating my opinion, just like that ass. like someone said before, if he hates tmbg and those that listen to him then why in the hell is he writing on or list. I say feel free to do what you want people, if you want to ignore him do that. if you want to write him do that it's up to what you think is write. I actually would love to have him write us again. just to see what he says. unfortunately that's because i love good arguments. brian "The gene pool needs some more chlorine" >########################################################### >#### IF YOU REPLY TO THIS, YOU ARE A TOOL AND A SUCKER #### >########################################################### > >Scenario: You are a jerk. You think to yourself, "I bet if I go post a >hate message to some mailing list, they'll whine about it for days. Ha, >ha!" You pick the hapless, innocent TMBG list as a candidate. > >IT'S REAL. ANYONE WHO HAS REPLIED IS MORE THE FOOL. IGNORE IT, PEOPLE. > >(And if you're thinking "mail bomb," I'm thinking "immature" and "illegal.") > >* rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) >* http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html >* "He's an addict and that's a fact, but at least he's not smoking crack..." >* -Dance Hall Crashers, "Java Junkie" > > ------------------------------ From: LeviAdams@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 03:33:45 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970503033342_483292853@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: WE ALL SUX i could start talking about marilyn manson again.. hehe.. sorry.. it was a joke! it was a joke! -levi ------------------------------ Message-ID: <336AF9BD.1C1D@u.washington.edu> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 01:39:25 -0700 From: Eric Fjellanger Organization: The Church of Eric Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG SUX: We have a winner! Well, the results are in, and I'd like to thank all of you who responded to our recent "TMBG: Blatant Troll" contest. All entrys were very creative and worthwile, and helped make the list a more pleasant place to be. And now without further ado, the moment we've all been waiting for: The winner is... (drum roll) Brian Mellum! That's right, not only did Brian inform Mr. Pumpkins that he "should be elminated from the gene pool", but he also swore twice and provided some interesting suggestions for where Mr. Pumpkins should shove it! Congradulations Brian! And to all you who didn't win, better luck next time. Seriously, people- We gave this jerk what he wanted... Why shouldn't he come back? If anyone here on the list reads the alt.music.tmbg and remembers Coiled, back me up here. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <336AB0E7.5DA9@rpi.edu> Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 23:28:39 -0400 From: Andy Magnusson Subject: TMBG: Auf Wiedersehen for the summer In the unlikely event that anyone recognizes me (who the hell is this guy, I hear everyone muse), I thought I'd send out a general "see you in the fall". I need to unsubscribe, because I'll only be able to check my email once or twice a week for the rest of the summer. See you all later, and hope to see you at a concert ... eventually. Have a great summer! --andy m ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199705031201.IAA22739@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: MODERATION Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 08:01:28 -0400 (EDT) Over the past month I have watched tmbg-list degenerate from a nice place to discuss They Might Be Giants to a mean, hateful place full of people with no self control who can't seem to realize that sending useless posts to the list bothers a lot of people. I am fed up, and I have decided to shake things up. As of now tmbg-list is MODERATED. For those of you who don't know what that means: Every post to the list will not go to the list, it will now go to my mail box. Before anyone else can see it I must "approve" the post. Posts that do not meet my standards for the group will be DELETED. You will not be notified. This has the unfortunate side effect that posts will not immediately appear which I'm sure will be inconveniant for those trying to plan concert arrangments. If I had a better tool available I would use it. Please do not send me mail about this policy. At some point I'd like to return tmbg-list to an open mailing list, and I will do that as soon as I think people can behave. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970503094351.00689098@map.com> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 09:43:51 -0400 From: Nancy and Russell Potter Hi! I would just like to know what hapenned to Brian-drums and Eric-guitar plese let me know if anyone has any info. Thanks, Nancy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970503100705.00f8a030@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 10:07:05 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: New Mono Puff Hello Discs... Is anyone out there willing to dub me a tape of the new Mono Puff recordings from Hello Club? Thanks in advance. Also, Re: moderation.... will this mean Digest-Only? or will those of us who get the non-digest version just get the individual messages, after a delay while they are "reviewed"? -ec | center.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 10:30:45 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: Re: TMBG: Blah Message-ID: >The Stick made it's first re-appearance (well, there's a good chance it >was the first appearance for this particular Stick) On February 21 The Stick was also used at the 2/7 and 2/14 shows. -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html autographs! live sounds! bootlegs! ------------------------------ From: SuperD149@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 12:08:59 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970503120857_-1098745817@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Hi Does anyone knoe if the Giants are comming to Minnesota any time soon?? If they are, could someone please E-mail me with the info. Thanks ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 12:15:50 -0400 (EDT) From: Ann Priestman Subject: TMBG: Video Compilation Message-ID: Hi all, About a month back, someone ( I think Russ, but I'm not sure) posted that he tried to order the video compilation back in August or something and they sent his check back with a note that it was out of stock. Well, I had just sent in my order about 2 weeks before that, so I figured I wouldn't be getting it either, but then last week I got a nice big envelope in the mail from TMBG Productions with the video. So to anyone who tried unsuccessfully to order it in the past, it might be worth another try. -Ann ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970503105817.006b23e8@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 10:58:37 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Collection of Elektra B-sides >I'm relatively new to the list, and I was wondering if Elektra ever >had any plans to release an albums of all their post-Lincoln B-sides. Ahh... you speak of _Superfueled Freaksicle_, which was supposed to be released last year. TMBG say that it has been delayed indefinitely, and I have mentally categorized it under "myths". --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Circumstances eat themselves. The present tense has been." --Moxy Fruvous Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: "Jeremy L. Skrenes" Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 13:39:55 CST Subject: Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff Hello Discs... Message-ID: <4B4BF42372F@athena.valpo.edu> wait...are there mono puff recordings on the hello discs? as far as i knew, mono puff is a solo project led by flans, while the hello discs are a compilation project founded by linell. so does m.p. make an apperance on the hello discs? as far as i know, mono puff has two cds out--unsupervised (which has a song, produced by joshua fried, called "hello") and "the devil went down to newport" cd4 ep. i thought that the two--mono puff and the hello recordings were separate. however, i have both mono puff cds, and i must admit, they are addictive. anyone out there have an interp on the song "unsupervised, i hit my head?" after countless listenings, i think it may be about a little kid who is left unsupervised by his parents, is playing superhero with his friends, gets distracted by his friend joe, hits his head, and loses his imaginary superpowers. maybe a chronological continuation of "sensurround?" re: the tmbg-sucker, thanks to those who voiced reason, though it did come a bit too late. i don't regret sending him a few nasty-grams, though i probably won't do it again. as far as list regulation goes, i wish it weren't neccessary, though it will be helpful in cutting down traffic. in my first few days on the list, i have noticed a lot of "me too" messages. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love...A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." TMBG [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 212 Alumni Airwaves: 95.1 WVUR, Sundays 12-2am Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 15:32:57 -0400 (EDT) From: Philip Christman Subject: TMBG: we don't need this fascist groove thang Message-ID: tmbg recently played at calvin college, a liberal arts christian reformed school which i attend. those of you who were there know what a great show it was; those of you who attend calvin know that tmbg are probably the best band that will come there this year. somebody wrote in to calvin's newspaper, saying that "secular artists" like TMBG shouldn't play at calvin. he was especially upset by flans's use of the almighty f-word before "meet james ensor" (OH, NO, A SWEAR WORD! ESMERELDA, GET ME MY SMELLING SALTS, I'M GOING TO FAINT!). so i wrote a little letter to the editor myself, and thought y'all might want to see it... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ To my trepidation, I read the following sentence in today's Chimes: "bands like They Might Be Giants shouldn't play at Calvin." I assume that the author of the letter to which I am referring, angered at the "secular" content of such shows, believes that Calvin should instead book "Christian" acts of some sort. Ladies and Gentlemen, say it ain't so! First of all, "bands like They Might Be Giants" (along with Dave Matthews, et al.) may write songs that we disagree with (I mean, gee, I sure do find "Birdhouse in Your Soul" offensive) and use language that our cultural conditioning bristles at, coming as it does from a society that designates certain words as "bad" so as to facilitate its stigmatization of the working class. But it's also true that nowhere in contemporary Christian music will you find artists as vital or stimulating as TMBG. The Giants write often brilliant songs about all apects of life; Christian musicians, including "alternative Christian" musicians, attempt to manufacture holiness by limiting subject matter to sugar, spice, and everything nice. TMBG's music, therefore, is necessarily more original, and more inspired; a cursory investigation of their lyrics reveals good messages, artfully expressed, while Christian music is full of wonderful messages made near-blasphemy by the utter triteness of the lyrics and music. Keep the Giants! I agree that John Flansburg's use of the word "f***" was arrogant crowd-baiting, BUT, unless we wish to stick our artistic heads in the sand, we're just going to have to cut people some slack on this sort of thing. Plus, it was pretty (bad word here) funny. Flans rules. Save your energy for bands that have no redeeming social value, like Marylin Manson, or artistic value, like Michael W. Smith. I also find it interesting that the letter's author was bothered by that awful f-word our society is so afraid of, but didn't even notice the line "God, I hate this weather" in "New York City." Which do YOU think is more offensive? "Thou shalt not take my name in vain..." Thank you, Philip Christman (pchris56) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ brothers, sisters, we don't need this fascist groove thang... --heaven 17 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970503211530.006af9b4@fyi.net> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 17:15:30 -0400 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: IRC channel Hi, just wanted to mention for anybody who is new to the list that there is a TMBG IRC channel. Info on #TMBG is available from my horribly neglected web page at http://www.fyi.net/~josh/irc.html As always that page is soon to be fixed.... Josh ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 17:18:53 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970503171853_1651933733@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Compilation <> This is true of most of the TMB Productions merchandise; I ordered "O Tannenbaum" but got a notice that it was out of stock. I re-ordered it some time later and got it. Unfortunately, some seem to now be permanantly out of stock, like the coffee, keychain (which I sent to a friend thinking I could always order another), and some of the Elektra singles. But don't give up hope! Kay, currently awaiting her "Worker Johns" shirt :) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 19:28:31 -0500 (CDT) From: ILOVEMARTHASTEWART Subject: TMBG: KU SHOW REVIEW Message-Id: wooooweee. it's 7:13pm and i'm home from one of the most grueling yet fantastically Giant concerts i've been to. first, the set list (that i obtained only after giving the bouncer my number...ouch!) NYC military intro POLK *with the canon* /SEXXY ACTUAL PARTICLE SLEEP LIE *complete with the Stick!!!* BIRD /SUN OLDER SPY broom PET ISTANBUL latin NO ONE /GTR SHOE SPIDER /SNAIL TIL DIG -------- COUNTER *crossed out and EXQ written in* TWIST okay, so picture a huge hill (i'd say boardering on a mountain, but i'm in kansas, so i won't go that far) and a beautifully sunny day. the hill was packed (turnout was estimated at 8,000) and at one point, ALL DOING THE CONGA!!! flans said, "okay, we have the next six minutes to get the entire audience in a conga line, so all you pot smokers and frisbee throwers in the back, get in line cause we need your help." it was amazing -- from what i could see from the position where i stood smashed up against the barrier in the front. there was losta moshing and crowd surfing :( but we all survived fine. i'd definately say the highlight was the two SIX FOOT TALL William Allen White heads that some kids brought with them. see, our journalism school is the "WmAllenWhite School of Journalism" so we hold his face dear. anyhow, they danced these huge heads all through the croud and flans thought it was great. he commented that they usually can't see into the audience, so the don't know the crazy stuff people do. i also noticed the linnel plays with his wedding ring alot, like when he's over on the side taking a sip of coffee, he checks to see if it's still there. how sweet. :) i took 24 pictures, and since it was outside in the afternoon, i'm expecting them to be winners. i'll letcha'll know how they come out. i think those are all my thoughts on the show. i met Jamal (nice to meet you!) but didn't hook up with anyone else...despite my yelling "list" into the croud that at times was trying to hurt me! such is the life of a Giant fan. wishing you a concert like the one i just saw, jillian ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* my name is jillian i study the earth i need a job woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* ------------------------------ Date: 03 May 97 20:30:02 EDT From: "NOREEN A. SPECHT" <76232.1433@CompuServe.COM> Subject: TMBG: covers Message-ID: <970504003002_76232.1433_GHM66-1@CompuServe.COM> For some reason, everytime I heard Should i Stay or Should I Go Now by the Clash, I could easily picture in my head TMBGs playing that on accordian. James Specht ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970503215047.00f89a28@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 21:50:47 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff Hello Discs... >wait...are there mono puff recordings on the hello discs? as far as >i knew, mono puff is a solo project led by flans, while the hello >discs are a compilation project founded by linell. so does m.p. make >an apperance on the hello discs? as far as i know, mono puff has two Ahh.... ignorance is bliss... Hello Club was started by Flans, and there are several times that Mono Puff has been on it. Mono Puff's recordings are as such (please correct me if I'm wrong/missing something): Hello The Band EP on Hello Club Mono Puff EP on Hello Club (or was it only Hello TB, then the rest...?) Unsupervised on Ryko Devil EP on Ryko Two NEW Mono Puff EPs on Hello and Linnell has two EPs on Hello, State Songs and House Of Mayors. The problem is, I'm too cheap to order the whole Hello Retrospective, so I can't get all the flans stuff and all the Linnell stuff without doing that, or getting a copy on tape. So, that brings me back to asking the list if (QUESTION) Anyone who has any/all of the following Hello EPs want to make a copy for me? Please??? : House Of Mayors, and the NEW Mono Puff stuff. Please Please Please? -ec ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 18:49:20 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: Questions Message-ID: <19970503.202455.12198.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Well, I just bought it, so it will take some time to get used to. That's what happens with all theri CDs. I think they aren't as good at first, but get used to them and like them. Well, I'm not taking the Lit. test, but I'm taking the AP Histroy test. Good Luck this Friday. Josh Nielsen On Fri, 02 May 1997 19:26:49 -0400 Laurie Selmer writes: >3. What is the name of The World's Address on Miscellaneous T? >4. The World's Address (Joshua Fried re-mix) >I kind of figured that, but I overlooked it. Now that you say that I >can find it right off. I don't like it as much as the Lincoln version. > >Are you kidding?! I love the Misc. T version! It's like my favorite >song! (right now. . .) >Tracy > > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 19:08:00 PST Subject: TMBG: Re: favorite ending Message-ID: <19970503.202455.12198.5.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) On Fri, 2 May 1997 00:33:41 -0400 Lawrence P Solomon writes: >Excerpts from netnews.alt.music.tmbg: 24-Apr-97 favorite ending by >sPyDiiR@cnsvax.albany.ed >> Just out of curiousity, what are you Theylings favorite END to an >> album...we've already discussed the best openers. Personally, I >like how >> A18 sums it up with the instrumental "Space Suit". > >I think pretty much all the albums have good endings... although >Rhythm >Section Want Ad would make an equally good Track 1... > >I think the best are The End of the Tour (the end of the album) and >The >Bells are Ringing. That drum ending is just a great way to close out >the album... > I always thought Kiss Me Son of God was a pretty good song to finish with. I have a question to those who know who Timbuk 3 are. Don't you think Snowball in Hell sounds a bit Timbuk-esque? ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 19:11:45 PST Subject: TMBG: Re: Flood=BEST TMBG CD!!!) Message-ID: <19970503.202455.12198.6.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) On 2 May 1997 04:17:32 GMT pancake@mail.utexas.edu (The Fierce Pancake) writes: >In article <5jue60$spk$1@infoserver.bgsu.edu>, joshw@bgnet.bgsu.edu >says... >>It's sad to see all the anti-Unrelated Thing talk. :( It's one of my >>fave songs from John Henry. But then again, noone else here seems to >like >>Your Own Worst Enemy either and it's in my top 5 of all songs.. >everything >>is about preference. > >Wow, people don't like Enemy? By far that is my favorite song off >Factory >Showroom. I don't think there's much consensus amongst TMBG fans >except they >all like Ana Ng a whole lot. > >Let's see what I think are weak songs: XTC vs. Adam Ant, SEXXY, >Absolutely >Bill's Mood, Window... but there's nothing they've done that I *hate* >and >would always skip. > >SEXXY was a poor choice of a single, although I hear it was a big hit >in some >European country. Go figure. The song I can't stand is Sapphire Bullets. It is the only They song I skip. I thought SEXXY was pretty good. Josh Nielsen ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-123 ******************************