Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-132 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 132 Tuesday, 13 May 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG TODAY TMBG: Oregon... TMBG: I'm not getting any mail!!!! Non-TMBG: Ride TMBG: List mail to AOL.COM TMBG:FS -- COVER ART. GETCHER COUNTRY TIME HERE, LAAADIES! Re: TMBG: album endings Re: TMBG: album endings TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS Re: TMBG: TMBG and test answers Re: TMBG: Heehee... Re: TMBG: Oregon Re: TMBG:tee TMBG: Automobile magazine TMBG: Re: Amy Rigby Re: TMBG: Oregon TMBG: Re: Q on TMBG Videos) TMBG: Re: Of Weird Al And TMBG TMBG: Re: s/t TMBG: John Henry/Hancock Re: TMBG: Automobile mag TMBG: 'Giants party faves TMBG: MOOOO! TMBG: album endings TMBG: Please don't hate me, I'm new(cry) Re: TMBG: Please don't hate me, I'm new(cry) Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS TMBG: Stomp My Grave (or Dig My Box) Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS TMBG: cigars Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199705122042.PAA09924@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: TMBG TODAY Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 16:33:42 -0500 Did the USA Today article of THEM have an accordian pie chart? BWAHAHAAHA! Mike "MMMM! Country Time!" Leffel --And they all gaped in ignorance and pithy. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:26:18 -0400 (EDT) From: She Might Be Amy Subject: TMBG: Oregon... Message-ID: From the Merriam-Webster dictionary: Pronounciation: 'or-i-g&n, 'ar-i-g&n, (chiefly by outisders) 'or-i-gan I don't have the correct symbols on my keyboard, but the & represents a schwa, which is prounounced like the vowel in "cut", and both of the a's are prounounced like you would say the vowel in "cot" So the point is, Linnell was not misprounouncing Oregon in JKP, he's just an outsider so he was saying it the way he was taught. I"m sure he didn't mean any Oregonians any disrespect or anything! (and yes, that actaully is the word for "people from Oregon" Amy :) ------------------------------ From: Jenifredem@aol.com Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 15:56:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970510150522_-1399807911@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: I'm not getting any mail!!!! Somebody help me! I have not gotten any messages from the list for days now. I just subscribed, got one day's worth of messages, then never heard anything again. Why is this happening?? Thanks, sorry for the waste of space. Much love to all you TMBG fanatics out there, (I can relate), Jennifer ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33739AAC.21B6@journalx.com> Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 14:44:12 -0700 From: Shane Ham Organization: Journal X Subject: Non-TMBG: Ride If anyone out there from the DC area will be heading towards New York City on Friday, May 23 (Memorial Day Weekend) and would like someone to split gas and tolls, I'm looking for a ride. Don't worry, I'm not a total whacko. (Right, Matt? Mike? Alex?) Thanks, Shane Ham shane@journalx.com http://www.journalx.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199705122229.SAA04963@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: List mail to AOL.COM Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 18:29:25 -0400 (EDT) Due to some problems with the powers that be my machine was unable to deliver mail to AOL for approximately the last 5 days. Mail appears to be working again now and most of the back mail should be delivered soon. Don't forget there is a digest archive on the web site under http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ where you can find anything you missed. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705122156.QAA12531@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG:FS -- COVER ART. GETCHER COUNTRY TIME HERE, LAAADIES! Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:48:13 -0500 Did anybody ever say what building is in the reflection of the Factory Showroom 'window'?? Or is this merely some sign in my copy that means that the Virgin Mary is sad? Mike "Bawling Statues and Paintings my ass!" Leffel --A firm believer in Fuzzy Logic. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 21:52:24 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: album endings Message-ID: <19970512.162041.8982.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) That's okay. Well all make mistakes. Look at me. I wrote "nut" instead of "but". But taken doesn't really make sense. "subway taken to brooklyn fell between the grate...". Well, I take that back. It does make *some* sense. You're not a big idiot. Josh Nielsen On Sun, 11 May 1997 21:30:44 -0500 (CDT) The Gottschalks writes: >Well, what I'm saying is I read it as "taken." I guess that makes me a > >big idiot, so I'll try to read more carefully. I am sorry to whoever >it >was I was laughing at. I wasn't really sober when I wrote that message > >anyway :) >-Mark ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 21:54:43 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: album endings Message-ID: <19970512.162041.8982.2.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Does any of this really matter? As long as we know what you are talking about, call it whatever you what. Josh Nielsen "We can never go home..." -TMBG On Sun, 11 May 1997 22:39:54 -0400 Jeff Morrow writes: >At 11:12 PM 5/10/97 -0500, you wrote: >>I'm really laughing to myself here. No offense, but you must be >strange >>to be around. Are you on something (seriously) or do you not know >what an >>adjective is? Subway is a noun, and the more prominent noun in the >title. > >He's probably not on something, because, actually, when used in >"Subway >Token to Brooklyn" it IS an adjective, modifying the noun "Token." > >>Calling it Brooklyn would make me think of Spider. Subway is about as > >>good as you can get. And besides, who ever complains that a word in >the >>title of a song is not used the song, and that therefore people >shouldn't >>call it by that word? My younger brother has joined me in laughing at >you. > >Good for him! Share the experience, but, well, you're wrong. My >personal >opinion is to go with the name "Token." It's the subject of the song >title >and it's the first word in the song (besides "The"). > >>Sorry. I should've made this a private message. Anyway, no offense, >but >>I'll continue to call it Subway. > >Feel free, but hey, no need to laugh at others. > > >=============================-----Jeff-Morrow-----========================== >======== > jmorrow@voicenet.com >They Might Be Bootlegs @ >http://www.voicenet.com/~jmorrow/tmbg/boot.html >============================================================================ >======== > ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:34:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970512193355_1786383953@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS On the reruns of the Simpsons that are shown on Fox just before prime time, they showed the one where Springfield got money or something and they were gonna fix up Main Street but then this Phil Hartman character jumps in and convinces everyone to build a monorail w/ the money... He cuts corners with the building of the contraption and on the maiden voyage everyone is trapped and it goes faster much faster (until it never lets them off until 10 blocks later) and Homer pulls a poster off the side of the Monorail that say "Springfield Monorail" or something like that and underneath is a poster from a World's Fair.. and guess which one... 1964... has our TMBG lovin' television script write struck again?? /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ < Miscellaneous Tim > < AKA > < TMB(do)G > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > < 7. Shave. > < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > < -The Connells > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:26:23 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970512192527_-699096536@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG and test answers >They songs do > help for tests! This is funny because my friend and I were talking about essay questions you could answer using TMBG songs hers what we came up with: Describe the 1844 election and the winner (JKP) Why does the sun shine? (duh!) Vaguely describe the 60's (Purple Toupee) "that's all I can think of but I'm sure there's somethin' else" I can't remember what it was... if anyone else has questions you could answer with TMBG songs send 'em! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ < Miscellaneous Tim > < AKA > < TMB(do)G > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > < 4. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly. > < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > < -The Connells > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:03:06 -0500 (CDT) From: ILOVEMARTHASTEWART Subject: Re: TMBG: Heehee... Message-Id: On Mon, 12 May 1997, vlad_drakul wrote: > Two things. > > First, is it me, or does Brian really really like Till My Head Falls Off? I mean, it > sounds like he's really playing enthusiastically. no, he was just thinking of me and couldn't help it. hehehe. i wish. jillian * * * * * I AM HERE TO LIVE OUTLOUD * * * * * jillian buser woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb ------------------------------ From: yoda@dnc.net (Brandon Rieke) Subject: Re: TMBG: Oregon Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:09:28 -0700 Message-ID: <19970513001949113.AAA279@morden.dnc.net> I am from oregon to and its OK with me if the johns mispronounce it a song that is so darn good ---------- > From: Liam Singer > To: Joshua D Nielsen > Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Oregon > Date: Monday, May 12, 1997 10:22 AM > > > > P.S. Is anyone besides me from Oregon? > > I'm from Oregon. And the way to pronounce it is just like saying " Organ". > > Liam > ------------------------------ From: EGODEATH7@aol.com Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 20:35:05 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970512203437_1414799050@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG:tee Here's something I thought was also happy/disturbing to go with the string.. My friend saw a TMBG shirt at a thrift shop a few days ago..I was soo upset that she didn't get it for me, the next day I went but it was gone..very traumatic :( I was kinda shocked that there was one there and that someone would buy it so quickly. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 21:28:34 -1000 From: Marc Myer Subject: TMBG: Automobile magazine A story about TMBG in Automobile magazine? You heard it here first. The newest issue, page 105, with a photo of the new VW Beetle Concept 1 on the cover. Story is by Jamie Kitman, TMBG manager and staff member. The whole idea is that TMBG drive Fords, and have a couple of big vans for their stuff. So Kitman gets Ford to loan a new van for an extended test for the benefit of Automobile readers. Its the coolest one with the big V-10 in it. Filled with photos and unashamed plugs for the band, it's worth the purchase price, or a nice long visit at the magazine stand. And by the way, after the month-long trial, They bought one. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:32:39 PST Subject: TMBG: Re: Amy Rigby Message-ID: <19970512.173954.4990.5.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Who would be Cozette? Or Gavrosh?? Josh Nielsen On 12 May 1997 15:01:46 GMT joshw@bgnet.bgsu.edu (Josh Woodward) writes: >Y'know, am I alone in thinking that there NEEDS to be a Les Miz >production >starring Flans as Valjean and Linnell as Javert? ;) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:27:08 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: Oregon Message-ID: <19970512.173954.4990.4.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) But not like Linnel says it (augan; see SCN). Where in Oregon??? Josh Nielsen Newberg OR On Mon, 12 May 1997 10:22:33 -0700 (PDT) Liam Singer writes: > >> P.S. Is anyone besides me from Oregon? > > I'm from Oregon. And the way to pronounce it is just like saying " >Organ". > >Liam > > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 16:44:46 PST Subject: TMBG: Re: Q on TMBG Videos) Message-ID: <19970512.173954.4990.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) >>>I can imagine a poster of Linnell as depicted by Walter Keane >>>(master of the huge-eyed waif painting) or drawn by the great R. >Crumb. > What I think would be the coolest is a poster by James Ensor. Too bad he's dead. Maybe they could take one of his paintings and superimpose their faces. Josh Nielsen "Dig him up and shake his hand. Appreciate the man." -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:25:12 PST Subject: TMBG: Re: Of Weird Al And TMBG Message-ID: <19970512.173954.4990.3.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I don't think it is really a parody. If it was, it would sound like it (like Gump). Since it doesn't, I think it has just a similar theme. Most of his parodies have totally different themes. Maybe he was paying tribute. I think it is more of a coinkydink. Josh Nielsen > Is it true that Weird Al has a parody of TMBG? I think I remember >someone > writing about that once. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 16:24:42 PST Subject: TMBG: Re: s/t Message-ID: <19970512.173954.4990.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) When I bought Misc. T and The Big Blue Dog, both had stickers that had "Made in Canada" on them. I think this is just normal. Josh Nielsen On 12 May 1997 02:49:32 GMT sac2738@alpha.cc.oberlin.edu writes: >My copy was made in Canada (though I bought it here in the states and >didn't >pay the import price), that is probably why it says import. Or at leat >that >is my guess. > > Amanda > ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 21:42:41 -1000 From: Marc Myer Subject: TMBG: John Henry/Hancock >I always thought John Henry referred to your signature. Like, people say, "whack you;re John Henry right here and we'll be right", meaning sign on the dotted line, basically. Oh well, I guess we interpret things the way WE want to. The truth is, the expression is "John Hancock", in reference to the first signer of the Declaration of Independence. Hancock wrote his name large so the poor-sighted British could read it. People just confuse John Henry out of ignorance. Glad we're not guilty of that. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Automobile mag Message-ID: <19970512.205517.11670.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 20:54:58 EDT >Automobile magazine? A magazine about cars? I hate to think what >they're >talking about. "So John, do you prefer the flange sprocket trunion >widget >to the advanced stage carberetter splankitoni. And was your song >"Toddler >Hiway" a crusade to get the speed limit dropped?" > Oh, maybe I wasn't very clear about that. The article is mainly about Their tour va, but the majority of the first page is about Them. It's pretty good. -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705130103.VAA21260@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Mon, 12 May 97 21:07:08 EDT From: "Pooh Head Bucket?" Subject: TMBG: 'Giants party faves "She Was A Hotel Detective" (disco version) is the ultimate party groove-fest. People never fail to get all Bee Gees on me when I pull it out. And please please PLEASE for the love of Todd >>stop quoting whole posts<<... The digest is about 6,000 screens long today. i love you goodbye, tompooheadbucket ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 21:19:13 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: MOOOO! Message-Id: Regarding Les Mis.... Persephone would be Eponnie, Pearl would be Cossete, ang Grahm would be Marius. Regarding Automobile Magazine...... The Ford Mark 3 is the best ford. Don't even try to compete. Regarding me..... FOLKS! Hot off the press! I gto the Video compilation, Hatch Shell Concert, and spud goodman show! I'll trade for all of them! You can't get a better copy of The Hatch Shell show because I have the best generation tape! It came from me!! MUWAHAHAHAHHA! ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 20:55:58 CST Subject: TMBG: album endings Message-ID: <4E3CEB274E@athena.valpo.edu> i really don't think this is all that interesting of a thread, but i'm suprised nobody pointed out "schoolchildren singing particle man." supposedly, it's the john's favorite version. and it is a very fun "tmbg" song, i must admit. it's just funny to hear all those kids clapping out of synch and fighting with each other during the song. hopefully their secret identities will be revealed...... [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love...A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." TMBG [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 212 Alumni Airwaves: 95.1 WVUR, Sundays 12-2am Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ From: Jenifredem@aol.com Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:10:17 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970512220819_169303744@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Please don't hate me, I'm new(cry) Okay, I know I should not post this to the list, but I think it must be said...I'm new to this list and thought maybe someone could help me out because I was'nt getting any list mail. Gee, I guess that was a crime......I really love TMBG and was hoping to be able to have intelligent discussions about Them. Let's just say that being called stupid in one of the first pieces of mail i've recieved from the list isn't what i had in mind.....Thanks to all for listening to my rantings. I hope there's some *nice* people out there. -Jennifer p.s. if anyone wants to flame me for taking this to the list, please send it to me and not the list. Thanks. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970512194242.006b8e30@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:44:57 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: Please don't hate me, I'm new(cry) At 10:10 PM 5/12/97 -0400, you wrote: > Hmm... I didn't get the offending piece of mail (they must have sent it to you personally), but whoever sent it was way out of line. Leo (our beloved sysadmin) has stated that the aol problem was on his end and not on yours, and anyway it's now been fixed. *nicole clears her throat* Hey, whoever sent that--it was mean-spirited and rude. You were new too, once, and computer problems do happen. This is a list of *love*! Now, on to the TMBG content--I just finished writing a program whose variables are all TMBG-related. Writing things like CMA# !LINNELL was the most fun I've had all quarter. :) --nicole the wonder nerd reaches her virtual arms out and gives a virtual hug to everyone *** "I resemble only half of the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." --James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 23:21:08 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970512232107_777777466@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS That episode was written by Conan O Brien, but i doubt its a tmbg reference. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:28:45 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS Message-ID: I noticed that too, seeing how the Simpsons is my only true religion, but is the '64 World's Fair commonly refered to for different reasons. Well, it was still cool for them to mention it. -Mark On Mon, 12 May 1997 CyburDog@aol.com wrote: > On the reruns of the Simpsons that are shown on Fox just before prime time, > they showed the one where Springfield got money or something and they were > gonna fix up Main Street but then this Phil Hartman character jumps in and > convinces everyone to build a monorail w/ the money... He cuts corners with > the building of the contraption and on the maiden voyage everyone is trapped > and it goes faster much faster (until it never lets them off until 10 blocks > later) and Homer pulls a poster off the side of the Monorail that say > "Springfield Monorail" or something like that and underneath is a poster from > a World's Fair.. and guess which one... 1964... has our TMBG lovin' > television script write struck again?? > > > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ > < Miscellaneous Tim > > > < AKA > > > < TMB(do)G > > > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > > > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > > < 7. Shave. > > > < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > > < -The Connells > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ > > ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 23:49:05 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970512234903_-796409328@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Stomp My Grave (or Dig My Box) The mention of these songs of late got me thinking about these two tunes. Yeah, I know these songs are pretty different, but they basically have the same feeling to them. They're also the kind of song I usually hate--loud and noisy, with barely comprehensible lyrics. However, I like both of these songs because, beneath all the noise, they've got that same bouncy, irreverent TMBG spirit. I love how they can take any genre, be it country, jazz, or in this case, hard rock, capture the sound perfectly, yet have it come out sounding uniquely TMBG. Kay, who's been racing through about 4 days worth of list mail all night!!! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705130347.WAA25550@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 23:38:23 -0500 ---------- > From: Jordan1c@aol.com > To: CyburDog@aol.com; tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS > Date: Monday, May 12, 1997 10:21 PM > > That episode was written by Conan O Brien, but i doubt its a tmbg reference. More of a BATMAN reference, if anything! Mike "BATMAN! BATMAN! I SMELL BATMAN!" Leffel ..no, that's supposed to be bacon... ------------------------------ From: Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 0:31:55 CST Subject: TMBG: cigars Message-ID: <51CEBD76BE@athena.valpo.edu> i went to our 7-11 to get some nachos and then pour massive amounts of chili and cheese on it, and as i was ringing the order up, i saw this cigar display case and lo and behold, a few of the cigars were in blue cases. so....put _away_ your big blue cigars, and make way, yes, make way for THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS!!! just a little reference to the kitten intro, and an incentive to go buy then if you don't have it already. [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love...A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." TMBG [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 212 Alumni Airwaves: 95.1 WVUR, Sundays 12-2am Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-132 ******************************