Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-134 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 134 Thursday, 15 May 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: WBS Chat TMBG: das--i wish TMBG: FS sessions TMBG: In my head.... TMBG: Re: Johnus Henrius Re: TMBG: In my head.... Re: TMBG: das--i wish TMBG: Hencockery TMBG: posters? TMBG: one more John Henry point: Re: TMBG: In my head.... Re: TMBG: parties/singles Re: TMBG: They Got Lost TMBG: mono puff posters.... Re: TMBG: TMBG and test answers Re: TMBG: Hencockery TMBG: the golden touch Re: TMBG: the golden touch TMBG: Clarinet TMBG: Till my head falls off Re: TMBG: the golden touch Re: TMBG: Clarinet Re: TMBG: the golden touch TMBG: This is the song that doesn't end... Re: TMBG: the golden touch TMBG: Automobile mag question TMBG: Factory Showroom Platinum? Re: TMBG: Automobile mag question Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Platinum? Re: TMBG: In my head.... Re: TMBG: In my head.... Re: NON-TMBG: Clarinet Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3379EB05.2C2A@erols.com> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:40:37 -0400 From: Zydell Organization: N/A Subject: TMBG: WBS Chat Hi listies! Im not in charge of the WBS chat or anything but I wanted to let all the people know who have joined WBS that there is a petition for a They Might Be Giants chat room other than the one that Kelley and Phil were doing and if we could all get together on this thing maybe we can get a giants room up and running. All you have to do to sign the petition is to go to wbs (wbs.net) and choose a catagory (like entertainment) and then click on room petitions. You will find the TMBG room under the music catagory, and its called "They Might Be Giants" (clever title eh?). I would really appreciate people taking the time to do this. I think if we have a lot of people signing the petition, and we get a good response on Monday in the private room, we might get a regular room! I know you IRC people probably don't like this WBS stuff but it is a lot more user friendly that IRC for those people who are new. And there is nothing to download! Anyway I have taken up enough of your time, Thank you and Good day. ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: das--i wish Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 10:38:00 -0700 i wish i lived in NEW York city, then i could call DAS with out the long-distance bill. I think i would call it every day numerous times. Egads! i wish brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: FS sessions Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 10:40:00 -0700 i am a bit confused. is there an actual tape with all of these songs on it? like a boot leg? just wondering, because I have not heard any of the FS session songs that are not on FS. ie: rat patrol, on the drag etc... if there is a bootleg w/ these songs on it, i would be very interested!!! brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ From: Callag@NORTHRYDE.VODAFONE.vodafone.telememo.au Date: 15 May 1997 04:04:20 +1000 Message-ID: <000DDAFF.MAI*/S=Callag/O=VODAFONE/OU=NORTHRYDE/PRMD=vodafone/ADMD=telememo/C=au@MHS> Subject: TMBG: In my head.... Sorry to post a somewhat meaningless post here, but all evening I've been sitting here at work with "da dada da da dadada" going round and round my head (that's the start of exquisite dead guy, for those of you who shielded your ears at the sound of my voice). I like the song, I really do, but sitting in a seat for 8 hours withjust the first 4 bars of that song going round and round, I'm either going to go home and put the song on repeat or play frisbee out the window of my appartment with FS (nah, I could never do that... I think) Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on particular song stuck in you brain? (yes, that is a flagrant attempt to start a thread... :) Andrew Callaghan ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:21:07 -0500 From: John Romanski Message-ID: <337A109D.1DE3@urban.com> Organization: Urban Design Inc. Subject: TMBG: Re: Johnus Henrius Very Fruity Indeed wrote: > > >John Henry was the black guy who beat the machine at driving railroad > >spikes. He died right after he won. I don't know if this is a tall tale > > I always thought John Henry referred to your signature. Like, people > say, "whack you;re John Henry right here and we'll be right", meaning sign That's John Hancock, as in the first, and most spectacular, signer of the declaration of independence... John ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705141733.MAA07130@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: In my head.... Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 13:24:55 -0500 > Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on particular song > stuck in you brain? (yes, that is a flagrant attempt to start a thread... :) > In a fragrant attempt to join in on a thread (I've been rather busy!) I will have to saay I'm sorry for your da da experience (Lets not start the dadaism thing) and I beg you not to frizbeee your FS, because you may hit someone in the head and they'll be dead. And who wants to smell a dead person outside their window all summer long? Sure it's good for the plants and for once the squirrels have someone to run over but come on. Let's all stop killing people. Where the hell was I? Oh yeah.. One of the They things that utterly sticks in my mind (ALL the songs do, but for conversations sake) is the music to Mr. DJ I ThouGHt We Had A Deal. Those first few seconds just wedges in there and never comes out. Mike "Much like something else i cannot discuss on a family list" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:47:43 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705141847.OAA12492@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: Re: TMBG: das--i wish Maybe it would be worth it just to move to NYC and listen to DAS all day..... Marty ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970514144620.00fca008@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:46:20 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Hencockery With all this stuff about Henry/Hancock I have to ask... anyone know "Why in the world "John Henry" is associated with signatures at all? What for? He was just that guy... and the railroad? Signature? Huh?" At least that's what I want to know. I also want to know why They left some great songs off FS. I also want to know why the unreleased FS songs sound a LOT more like the "good-old" TMBG than those on FS. And does Older have a sax playing the second guitar part? And is Reprehensible cool, or what? And why is the world flat? And why do clarinet solos rock so much? And why do I like the "big-band" Reprehensible better than the "jazz" Reprehensible? And where can I get that .wav of Reprehensible that was previously available on Mr. Flippy's Red Light Fun Time Party Hour or whatever it's called. Could I get it by asking Mike or Alex reeeally nicely? Would you like fries with that? Ha ha. I cleverly diguised random thoughts as a paragraph, forcing you to read it! -ec ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:54:58 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705141854.OAA13228@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: TMBG: posters? Hey all, Sorry to post this for the second time in about a month, but I have 3 FS promotional posters (about 3 ft. by 2 ft. approx. probably a little bit smaller) that I would be willing to trade. Especially for some of the Elektra singles (except for Back to Skull and SEXXY). I'd trade a poster for a CD, or I'd like some bootlegs, too. Some nice person wrote me offering me a bootleg for one, and I carelessly misplaced his letter. Sorry. If you're still interested, please write back. Marty ------------------------------ From: "NJ Powell" Message-Id: <19213.199705141939@potter.cc.keele.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: one more John Henry point: Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 20:39:00 +0100 (BST) Just to irritate the poplace one more little bit: If you are from South London like I am, "John Henry" refers to the John Henry Neighbourhood Office, home of the heroic in themselves John Henry Adult Social Work Team, and the John Henry Housing Office. This John Henry was a mayor of Lewisham. there you go. right, I'll be off then.... Nicola ------------------------------ From: LeviAdams@aol.com Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:41:16 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970514154032_68910425@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: In my head.... this may sound odd, but i get "you'll miss me" stuck in my head a lot.. :) "it must be rainin' cause a man ain't supposed to cry... but i look up.. and i don't see a cloud.." ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: Re: TMBG: parties/singles Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:48:00 -0700 i would have to say that my personal favorite for parties OR dances is Noone Knows My Plan. brenden - nednerb ---------- From: mmtom@awod.com To: Aaron Kohlbeck Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: parties/singles Date: Saturday, 10 May, 1997 11:33AM >Hola all, > >Two things. First, my roommates and I are keeping with tradition >and having a end of year party. Since I will be in charge of music, >I plan on playing lots o' TMBG. Now my question is this: what TMBG >works well at parties? I don't want people to be sitting around going >"Huh, what the hell is this?" I want people to start dancing and >carrying on before they realized that I've pulled a fast one on them >and played some TMBG. I know from experience that Spiralling Shape >does not work well. But what will? > Aaron, For dance songs, play the Dust Brother's remix of Snail Shell, Josh Fried's remix of the World's Address, and Minimum Wage. A friend of mine and I had to write this play for school that the rest of the class would perform, and during a dance scene we played Minimum Wage. Marty ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337A1847.19B8@BlazeNet.net> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:53:44 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: TMBG: They Got Lost Matthew James wrote: > > > > << does anyone know when TMBG played "they got lost" first? > > > Just wondering... Eric > > > >> > > > > > > if some one replies different to this please tell me... > > > my friend says that they got lost in st. louis....he says that right here > > > where i live is where they made that song....but I know he lies alot so if > > > you know the true answer to this please tellll me.....blabble... > > But when??? Does anyone know? How about telling me when you first saw > > it in concert? Please? Eric > The first time I saw it as in E-town, PA in April of '96. That's where I saw it first too. Weird... Eric ------------------------------ From: Tmbgneat@aol.com Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:38:58 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970514163748_68921267@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: mono puff posters.... i was just wondering how rare is a mono puff poster? like does anyone out there have one? ---this two line post was written by tim ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG and test answers Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:05:00 -0700 I took the A.P. english literature test last week, and i almost quoted them in one of my essays. but then decided against it. brenden - nednerb ---------- From: Chris Combs To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG and test answers Date: Fri, May 9, 1997 2:36PM > Well, on Wednesday I took the Engilsh Language AP and on of the > questions dealt with how someone described their "fractured personality" > so I quoted Them using "every jumbled pile of person." They songs do > help for tests! Am I the only one who jumped out of my seat as I read the "Fractured Personality" essay that mentioned a snake eating its opposite side? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:20:00 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: Hencockery Message-ID: John Henry has nothing to do with signatures. It's just that so many people confused his name with John Hancock (roll of the eyes) that now it's officially okay to the dictionary if you say John Henry instead of John Hancock (roll of the eyes). I personally will never except somebody saying that in my presene and sounding like a fool. I'll just have to say something. -Mark On Wed, 14 May 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > With all this stuff about Henry/Hancock I have to ask... anyone know "Why > in the world "John Henry" is associated with signatures at all? What for? > He was just that guy... and the railroad? Signature? Huh?" > > At least that's what I want to know. > > I also want to know why They left some great songs off FS. I also want to > know why the unreleased FS songs sound a LOT more like the "good-old" TMBG > than those on FS. And does Older have a sax playing the second guitar part? > And is Reprehensible cool, or what? And why is the world flat? And why do > clarinet solos rock so much? And why do I like the "big-band" Reprehensible > better than the "jazz" Reprehensible? And where can I get that .wav of > Reprehensible that was previously available on Mr. Flippy's Red Light Fun > Time Party Hour or whatever it's called. Could I get it by asking Mike or > Alex reeeally nicely? Would you like fries with that? > > Ha ha. I cleverly diguised random thoughts as a paragraph, forcing you to > read it! > > -ec > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970514144655.006b3f28@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:47:00 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: the golden touch Hi 'vryone I just finished reading the TMBG article in Automobile... way cool. :) But I'm confuzle-- Jamie Kitman states that they have "one gold record--and one almost platinum." Flood went gold in '95, I know, but I haven't heard of any other TMBG album going gold, much less approaching platinum. Anyone know? Is Flood the one almost platinum, with another album gone gold? And if so, which one was it? --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I resemble only half of the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." --James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 19:27:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705142327.TAA14714@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: Re: TMBG: the golden touch >Hi 'vryone >I just finished reading the TMBG article in Automobile... way cool. :) > >But I'm confuzle-- Jamie Kitman states that they have "one gold record--and >one almost platinum." Flood went gold in '95, I know, but I haven't heard >of any other TMBG album going gold, much less approaching platinum. Anyone >know? Is Flood the one almost platinum, with another album gone gold? And >if so, which one was it? Does anyone have, or know where I can find, Their record sales numbers? Marty ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 20:08:09 -0400 From: Player Message-ID: <337A53E9.17C9@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Clarinet And why do > clarinet solos rock so much? Because they're played by a clarinet. A Clarinet has no spit valves or clunky parts to polish and even if you're bad at playing it it doesn't sound too bad. Plus it was a cat in Peter and the Wolf. Bye, Vera ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 20:17:12 -0400 From: Player Message-ID: <337A5608.59@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Till my head falls off > Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on particular song > stuck in you brain? (yes, that is a flagrant attempt to start a thread... :) Yes, that very one in fact. It only gets to be a problem when I start to scream it. (It's been known to happen) Bye, Vera P.S. On the day I broke up with my bf I had "I Lost My Lucky Ball and Chain" going through my head. Coincidence I don't think so. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337A5A4E.295A@BlazeNet.net> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 20:35:26 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: TMBG: the golden touch > Does anyone have, or know where I can find, Their record sales numbers? > > Marty you could try www.Elektra.com or get a Warner Bros prospectus maybe... Somehow I doubt it would be in a prospectus though. Eric ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337A5B77.778C@BlazeNet.net> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 20:40:23 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: TMBG: Clarinet Player wrote: > > And why do > > clarinet solos rock so much? > Because they're played by a clarinet. A Clarinet has no spit valves or > clunky parts to polish and even if you're bad at playing it it doesn't > sound too bad. Plus it was a cat in Peter and the Wolf. > Bye, > Vera you're on the right track to instrumental perfection, but you took a wrong turn. The violin doesn't have spit valves and you don't really have to polish it, and it sounds much better than a clarinet. Some soy that violinists are jerks, but that just isn't true. They are being modest, considering they play the greatest of the non-electric instruments. All of the string instruments are wonderful - just look at Flans's guitar and all of the string stuff in FS. Well, enough with that... Eric (oh, by the way, I'm a violinist if you couldn't tell....) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337A8B39.F94@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:04:09 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: the golden touch > Flood went gold in '95, I know, but I haven't heard > of any other TMBG album going gold, much less approaching platinum. Anyone > know? Is Flood the one almost platinum, with another album gone gold? And > if so, which one was it? Did anyone think about factory showroom? I remember someone saying to me that Factory Showroom sold 1,000,000 records, and that was about 2 months ago. I dont know what 1,000,000 means, (gold-silver-platinum wise) but I bet the almost platinum is FS. Im not positive, but perhaps. The almost sure- Kevin McGuire ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:08:11 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: TMBG: This is the song that doesn't end... Message-ID: Hey/hay, I have found that if a TMBG song is to be stck in my head, it's probably going to be "Dead". And once it's there, it doesn't leave for *days*, which is really no fun at all. Even though it's a great song, after three or four days of singing it quietly to yourself it really is quite annoying. Most of the time it takes concentrated doses of other bands entirely to rid myself of it, much the same as "Macarena" and that Toni Braxton song that has been way overplayed. (Gee, narrows it down... I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about; I'm just blanking on the name right now.) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Elitza Nicolaou ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The Spork Princess" ana-ng@poetic.com http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The thing's hollow- it goes on forever- and- oh my God! It's full of stars!" - 2001: A Space Odyssey ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9705150137.AA11472@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: the golden touch Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:37:19 -0400 (EDT) > > > Flood went gold in '95, I know, but I haven't heard > > of any other TMBG album going gold, much less approaching platinum. Anyone > > know? Is Flood the one almost platinum, with another album gone gold? And > > if so, which one was it? > > > Did anyone think about factory showroom? I remember someone saying to > me that Factory Showroom sold 1,000,000 records, and that was about 2 > months ago. I dont know what 1,000,000 means, (gold-silver-platinum > wise) but I bet the almost platinum is FS. Im not positive, but > perhaps. > Gold is 500,000 copies sold, platinum is 1,000,000. As their career continues they become a little more popular and thus sell more so it's possibly FS is going towards platinum... I think Hootie is about to (or has) beaten Boston's all time record for first album record sales, sixteen times platinum (16,000,000 sold), does that say something? /Matt -- "True happiness lies beyond your fries and happy burgers." ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:01:48 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970514220133_709704558@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Automobile mag question My daddy got this month's Automobile magazine for me (after a few puzzled questions), and I highly recommend it. There is a lot of-- to me-- terribly boring prattle about horsepower and torque and other technical van stuff. But there is also some rather intersting, albeit outdated (Brian Doherty is mentioned, as well as Hootie), tour comments, and plenty of fun photos. I have one question, however. Mr. Kitman makes reference to TMBG's "one gold record (and another almost platinum)". Now, I knew Flood went gold. But evidently it must be nearing platinum, and there must be some other album which went gold, but I can't figure out which it would be. Is my information out of date, or is Mr. Kitman just wrong? --Chrisyu ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970514221122.00f724f0@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:11:22 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Factory Showroom Platinum? Is FS that popular with "normal" mainstream folks? Or is it just so many "true fans" (don't start that again) buying the album? -ec | center.base.org BUY A WEB PAGE! (PS- anyone else taking high school spanish? do you watch "Destinos"?) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970514191937.006be120@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 19:22:18 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: Automobile mag question At 10:01 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote: >I have one question, however. Mr. Kitman makes reference to TMBG's "one gold >record (and another almost platinum)". Now, I knew Flood went gold. But >evidently it must be nearing platinum, and there must be some other album >which went gold, but I can't figure out which it would be. Is my information >out of date, or is Mr. Kitman just wrong? Yep, Christy, looks like our psychic link is up and running. Remember, don't tell anyone... :) Consensus is that FS is approaching platinum. What I'm now confused about is why Mr. Kitman said that They have *one* gold album and *another* approaching platinum. If they have an album approaching platinum IN ADDITION TO a gold album, wouldn't that mean that they have *two* gold albums? --nicole the wonder nerd who will now go and do her Evil Physics Homework (tm), and stop boring everyone. *** "I resemble only half of the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." --James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970514193041.006b6700@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 19:30:50 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Platinum? At 10:11 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote: >Is FS that popular with "normal" mainstream folks? Or is it just so many >"true fans" (don't start that again) buying the album? It's not popular, not by a long shot. I don't have the actual stats, but I don't think it hit above #100 or so. Correct me if I'm wrong. >(PS- anyone else taking high school spanish? do you watch "Destinos"?) AAAAHHHHH! AIIIEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO! MENTION NOT THE NAME OF THAT EVIL PROGRAM IN MY PRESENCE! *cough* *cough* Sorry, I don't know what came over me. Memories, I guess. Time to up the dosage on my medication... Dum de dum... :) --nicole the wonder nerd who had to endure *2 years* of that show... You'll be relieved to know, I'm sure, that Don Fernando *does* get to meet his grandkids, and he gets visited by Rosario's spirit, and Roberto gets rescued from the mine, and Angela winds up dumping whatshisname. *** "I resemble only half of the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." --James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 19:51:29 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: In my head.... Message-ID: <19970514.200430.4822.2.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I get JKP and KMSOG stuck inm my head all the time. It's annoying because I'll be sitting in class and have to ask to go to the bathroom so I can break into song (to myself). Josh Nielsen >> Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on >particular >song >> stuck in you brain? (yes, that is a flagrant attempt to start a >thread... >:) >> ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 14 May 97 22:44 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: In my head.... >sitting here at work with "da dada da da dadada" going round and round my >head (that's the start of exquisite dead guy Hrm, I always thought it was more like "Ba badup bup bup badup bup," meself.. ;) >Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on particular song >stuck in you brain? Yes! The part of Your Own Worst Enemy that goes "and the soong theeeey plaaay is that guy with the messed up faaace..." Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337A9C8E.4E48@u.washington.edu> Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:18:06 -0700 From: Eric Fjellanger Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Clarinet Wilson Dorward wrote: > you're on the right track to instrumental perfection, but you took a > wrong turn. The violin doesn't have spit valves and you don't really > have to polish it, and it sounds much better than a clarinet. Some Now wait a minute... The violin doesn't sound good unless the player is very skilled. I have only heard one or two good sounding high school orchestras, and when you consider that most of the people in these would have been playing for at least 5 years, this makes a considerable statement. Besides, John Linnel doesn't play the violin. Eric Fjellanger That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-134 ******************************