Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-137 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 137 Sunday, 18 May 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: japanese "su: Re: TMBG: Linnell TMBG: Actual remix Re: TMBG: Actual remix Re: TMBG: Actual remix TMBG: artsy side of them TMBG: I don't want to tell you TMBG: I'm Def TMBG: That Coke commercial again TMBG: HORDE and stuff TMBG: That Coke commercial again Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again TMBG: older-jjj.mp3 TMBG: non-TMBG, but related: cub stuff Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Re: TMBG: In my head.... Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's hair, sort of Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again TMBG: Your older then You've ever been Re: TMBG: I don't want to tell you Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again TMBG: song in head Re: TMBG: song in head TMBG: TMBG and MST3K TMBG: This is groovy TMBG: cub TMBG: The tribute album TMBG: Apocalypse Now... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 02:44:17 -0400 Message-Id: <199705170644.CAA03680@smtp3.erols.com> From: ekao Subject: TMBG: Re: japanese "su: >I'll take a reply from anyone that has noticed this. The last two They >concerts I've been to, I've noticed that John F. has worn a t-shirt which >has the katakana character, 'SU' on it. It is a black t-shirt with the >'SU' in red. I was kinda wondering if anyone had caught a close glimpse of >this shirt, and maybe knows what it says beyond the large 'SU'. > > / the line going diagonally > / to the left is normally curved > /\ > / \ > / \ well I guess since it says Su on it, then it's probably japanese, but the same character in chinese (and chinese and japanese share many of the same characters with same/similar meanings) means "person" or "mankind." Ellen Kao ===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-== "You are the ghost town, and I am the heartland." ===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337D71B2.703D@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 02:52:03 -0600 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell > vlad_drakul wrote: > > > > It's so uncanny, but I know a guy who looks E X A C T L Y like Linnell. Coincidence or > > conspiracy? > > -- > > Is he married? > Bye, > Vera Err, no... he's in high school, but he MAY be married... I don't think there's anyone named Karen at his school, but I wouldn't know... Oh yes, also non-TMBG: Our little podunk town has this awesome lil' place with 8 large CPUs all IPXed and you can play 8-way Quake and stuff with headphones with mikes! You can talk to each other and stuff. Bug your town people to get a place like this... -- Vladimir Drakul, without a tagline 'cuz he's at his friend's house ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337DC5D2.6725@rica.net> Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 10:50:58 -0400 From: joey groah Subject: TMBG: Actual remix First time poster, long time list(n)er: I heard a funkadelic rap sort of remix of She's Actual Size on my college radio station, 88.7 WXJM @JMU in Harrisonburg VA, and can not find a listing for it in any info club cd sections. The D.J. played another song after the remix, and I figured I'd have time to run an errand and get back in my car to catch any information he would provide, which did not happen. Has anyone heard of this before? The show seemed to be showcasing singles/remixes, including some Tori Amos and cartoon bits. Joey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705171502.KAA18064@dfw-ix11.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Actual remix Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 07:59:56 -0700 It's the Joshua Fried remix of She's Actual Size from the I Palindrome I CD-single ---------- | From: joey groah | To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org | Subject: TMBG: Actual remix | Date: Saturday, May 17, 1997 7:50 AM | | First time poster, long time list(n)er: | | I heard a funkadelic rap sort of remix of She's Actual Size on my | college radio station, 88.7 WXJM @JMU in Harrisonburg VA, and can not | find a listing for it in any info club cd sections. The D.J. played | another song after the remix, and I figured I'd have time to run an | errand and get back in my car to catch any information he would provide, | which did not happen. | Has anyone heard of this before? The show seemed to be showcasing | singles/remixes, including some Tori Amos and cartoon bits. | | Joey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970517110309.0068f904@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 11:03:41 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Actual remix Sounds like Larger Than Life on 'The Guitar' single. I've never heard it myself. :/ TTYL, -Adam At 10:50 AM 5/17/97 -0400, you wrote: >First time poster, long time list(n)er: > >I heard a funkadelic rap sort of remix of She's Actual Size on my >college radio station, 88.7 WXJM @JMU in Harrisonburg VA, and can not >find a listing for it in any info club cd sections. The D.J. played >another song after the remix, and I figured I'd have time to run an >errand and get back in my car to catch any information he would provide, >which did not happen. >Has anyone heard of this before? The show seemed to be showcasing >singles/remixes, including some Tori Amos and cartoon bits. > >Joey > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: artsy side of them Message-ID: <19970517.114135.6462.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 13:42:34 EDT > evlbison says: >Hey kids, pointless post, but I figured I had been lurking for long enough. Anyways, I was flipping through my book for my classical mythology class when I cam across a painting of the Abduction if Helen. This painting caught my eye for three reasons. 1, There was a little kid painted in who had a chameleon on a leash, 2, There was a furry little puppy also in the painting. It was nose to nose with the chameleon. 3, It was signed "John Linnell". > wasn;t it flans that went to art school? >I have been hearing a lot about posters for our beloved embassadors. Here is my opinion. The best poster for Them would have to be a painting by James Ensor. Anyone agree? Josh Nielsen > nonononooo!!! by curt or kris kirkwood (whichever one it is that does the drawings) of meat puppets!!! =) woohoo! (youpi, for all ye french speakers out there) They Might Be Giants love making music, but not just the imaginative new sound they make in their numerous live concerts, television or radio appearances. In these brand new recordings, They Might Be Giants bring you the color, the grandeur, and the warm love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 21:37:28 PST Subject: TMBG: I don't want to tell you Message-ID: <19970517.113814.4278.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I just have a few dumb questions. You can answer them seriously or not. I don't care. (I'm not trying to start a thread). 1. Are you only supposed to lunge out at people on their birthday? 2. In the beginning of Mr. Klaw, are They making fun of Mr.Ed? That's all. Josh Nielsen "I have no one to blame but my fat self" -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 15:19:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Sean Stolon Subject: TMBG: I'm Def Message-Id: Whilest I was listening to I'm Def earlier, my dad came in and made a startling revelation. If you haven't heard it before, I suggest you listen to Help I'm a Rock by Frank Zappa, that and I'm Def are basically the same song... Sean Stolon KF4PUV jlinnell@tmbg.org deathinc@spilk.org sstolon@intnet.net ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 16:05:50 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970517160549_484882200@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Person who mentioned this before: I heard that Fingertips-like Coke commercial once and chalked it up to coincidence, but I just heard it again the other day and am increasingly sure that TMBG are behind this, or at least Flans. Does the commercial not go "who's going to wear my sandals stained with Coca-Cola? "? And don't tell me I'm the only one who read all those lyrics from the new Mono Puff stuff and saw "Who's going to wear my sandals stained with cherry soda? ". Hot damn! AbFab's on TV... moose "Abybloodyssinian bloody Vogue, dahling!" ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 16:40:21 -0400 Message-Id: <199705172040.QAA62466@postoffice.onu.edu> From: She Might Be Amy Subject: TMBG: HORDE and stuff Ok, entering the legions of off-topic posters, I need info on the HORDE fest. Please email this to me, so as not to further spam the list. Im looking for a web page or concert dates. In other news, I just found a brand-spanking-new color scanner at my school! Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it before the end of next week so I can get all of my pictures from the Purdue show scanned. Amy :) Amy Greenlese cowtown@tmbg.org "Love means never having to say shut the hell up." - Wall Pleasant ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199705172103.RAA05915@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 17 May 1997 16:04:08 EDT Subject: TMBG: That Coke commercial again MO>Person who mentioned this before: I heard that Fingertips-lik MO>Coke commercial once and chalked it up to coincidence, but I just heard it MO>again the other day and am increasingly sure that TMBG are behind this, or a MO>least Flans. Does the commercial not go "who's going to wear my sandals MO>stained with Coca-Cola? "? And don't tell me I'm the only one who MO>read all those lyrics from the new Mono Puff stuff and saw "Who's going to MO>wear my sandals stained with cherry soda? ". MO>Hot damn! AbFab's on TV... MO>moose MO>"Abybloodyssinian bloody Vogue, dahling!" This is a confirmed TMBG appearance. They have done a Coke comercial and it is now playing on the radio. I repeat, this is a confirmed TMBG appearance. I thought of this yesterday: Why not call in and request this commercial as you would a song? Maybe we could get it on the "most requested" show (or whatever the equivlant is in your town)... Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 17:44:25 -0400 (EDT) From: taileen Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Message-ID: Where in the world (country) are you guys seeing this commercial? I haven't see it yet...should I watch more tv? taileen ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970517175204.009dee98@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 17:52:04 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: older-jjj.mp3 hey, anyone know where the older-jjj.mp3 file on (blamo somethihng?) came from? It's the guitar version we all know and love, studio recording (?). thanks -ec ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 18:02:17 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: non-TMBG, but related: cub stuff I'd like to take a quick survey (email me privately) to see if there's enough interest for a cub mailing list and/or newsgroup. From what I can tell, there is currently no forum for discussing my second favorite band (TMBG are still first :) and I feel there should be. So, if you like cub, and think there should be something set up, email me with your thoughts on it. If I feel there's enough support, then I'll try to move things along... thanks, all, in advance. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337E300B.304@mail.sdsu.edu> Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 15:24:11 -0700 From: Jordan David Maynard Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again taileen wrote: > > Where in the world (country) are you guys seeing this commercial? I > haven't see it yet...should I watch more tv? > > taileen No, tv is evil. It's a radio commercial. Try your friendly neighborhood alternative station. btw, does anyone happen to have a recording of this commercial on tape? If so, digitize it (mp3) and post it somewhere so those of us who can't stand their local radio stations can listen to it over and over... thanx, jdm ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 17:29:13 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: In my head.... Message-ID: On Thu, 15 May 1997, ILOVEMARTHASTEWART wrote: > > Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on particular > song stuck in you brain? > Every once and a while, I'll be wandering around, minding my own business, and "Kiss me, Son of God" will just pop into my head. I'll hear that little violin straing, and think, "Oh, no, here we go again." And I'll be yelling, "I've build a little empire" all the live-long-day. This is probably why its one of my favourite songs...it grows on you aftera while... ________> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <________ *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html* And come see my suave Craig Kilborn page: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 17:35:20 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's hair, sort of Message-ID: On Fri, 16 May 1997 Christi587@aol.com wrote: > Um, I feel bad continuing this pointless dissection of the Johns' personal > appearances, but I just have to know-- how is it that the Johns, who are > self-admittedly living in a cultural vaccuum, manage to have such stylish > threads? Well, Linnell, anyway. He always shows up in those trendy striped > Well, only some of the timel. Linnell has this annoying tendency to wear this puke-brown shirt all of the time (I think two concerts I'vce seen him in he's worn that thing- he looks awful in it!) but I have to agree, the stripes are good. And Flansy is definitely the only guy who can successfully wear a cardigan. I think it's endearing. But really, they're exposed to a lot of odd fashion at their concerts- they've got to see how some of their fans are dressed, at some point. 'Course, if I had it my way, they'd be dressed in some snazzy suits, lookin' super professional. Ahh...but anyway... ________> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <________ *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html* And come see my suave Craig Kilborn page: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <337E61A5.78CA@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 18:55:49 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again > This is a confirmed TMBG appearance. They have done a Coke comercial > and it is now playing on the radio. I repeat, this is a confirmed TMBG > appearance. How can you be so sure? Not that Im doubting you, I just dont want to get my hopes up and come to find out it wasnt really them. I want to believe. The True Believer- Kevin McGuire ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: TMBG: Your older then You've ever been Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:05:48 EST Message-Id: <199705180205.4358000@cyberia.com> Can I find a copy of "Your older then you've ever been" or whatever it is called somewhere? I need that song! Steve ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: TMBG: I don't want to tell you Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:01:48 EST Message-Id: <199705180201.4356600@cyberia.com> >I just have a few dumb questions. You can answer them seriously or not. >I don't care. (I'm not trying to start a thread). >1. Are you only supposed to lunge out at people on their birthday? Depends(who that person is). >2. In the beginning of Mr. Klaw, are They making fun of Mr.Ed? Now that you say it, I think they might be! >That's all. >Josh Nielsen >"I have no one to blame but my fat self" -TMBG > ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:04:27 EST Message-Id: <199705180204.4357600@cyberia.com> >MO>Person who mentioned this before: I heard that Fingertips-lik >MO>Coke commercial once and chalked it up to coincidence, but I just heard it >MO>again the other day and am increasingly sure that TMBG are behind this, or a >MO>least Flans. Does the commercial not go "who's going to wear my sandals >MO>stained with Coca-Cola? "? And don't tell me I'm the only one who >MO>read all those lyrics from the new Mono Puff stuff and saw "Who's going to >MO>wear my sandals stained with cherry soda? ". >MO>Hot damn! AbFab's on TV... > >MO>moose >MO>"Abybloodyssinian bloody Vogue, dahling!" > >This is a confirmed TMBG appearance. They have done a Coke comercial >and it is now playing on the radio. I repeat, this is a confirmed TMBG >appearance. > >I thought of this yesterday: Why not call in and request this >commercial as you would a song? Maybe we could get it on the "most >requested" show (or whatever the equivlant is in your town)... > Your shitten me! What does it sound like? How can I hear it? I want answers, I need to know Steve >Chris >UtopiaOne@qconline.com > > > > ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: TMBG: song in head Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:09:20 EST Message-Id: <199705180209.4359300@cyberia.com> I've had the Famous Polka in my head for about three days now. Being that I don't know the words to the song, I can't end the song. Therefore, it stays in my head!!!! I guess the only way to fix this is to listen to the Famous Polka over and over again until I know the words. Does anyone have any other advice? Steve ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970517222613.0069105c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:27:36 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: song in head I believe it's: The famous person wears the same size waterskis as me She's got 3 cars, as many years as I've lived in this city Her hair is blonde, and mine is brown; they both start with a B And when the phone inside her rib cage rings, it's not for me And when the phone inside her rib cage rings, it's not for me Hey! Check tmbg.org and your liner notes just to make sure though. TTYL, -Adam At 10:09 PM 5/17/97 EST, you wrote: >I've had the Famous Polka in my head for about three days now. Being that I >don't know the words to the song, I can't end the song. Therefore, it stays >in my head!!!! I guess the only way to fix this is to listen to the Famous >Polka over and over again until I know the words. Does anyone have any >other advice? > > > Steve > > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705180345.WAA25612@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: TMBG and MST3K Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:37:53 -0500 In my most recent MSTies anonymous newsletter this suddenly jumped out at me: **************************************************************************** ** THE MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000/THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS CONUNDRUM!!!!! **************************************************************************** ** That's right, friends, the spacebound sarcastros that have kept you in stitches for years and the maladjusted maestros that brought you "Particle Man" are inextricably, I repeat, INEXTRICABLY linked. I type it in all caps, it's so doggone inextricable. A few examples from the 1994 TMBG album "John Henry" are in order to prove my point... EXHIBIT 1: From the popular single "Snail Shell", the second track on John Henry- >"I'd like to thank you for putting me back in my snail shell." The "shell" being referred to here is, quite obviously, the Satellite of Love. The speaker here is neither Mike nor Joel, but BOTH, the indelible spirit of humanity that pervades the robot-dominated haven of the SOL and maintains some twisted sense of order and sanity among the chaos. It vanished for a short time with the liberation of Joel, but with Mike's instatment, it was "put back." Get it? Moving right along... EXHIBIT 2: From the song "Spy" >"I see you through my spyglasses, baby..." Aha! An unmistakable reference to Rocket #9! >"I can see right through the ground." Right through the ground, underground, DEEP 13??? Think about it, won't you? EXHIBIT 3: If you play the title line of the song "Meet James Ensor" backwards at half speed, you can clearly hear the message: "Crow is a groovy golf shoe." It's TRUE, I tell you! EXHIBIT 4: From "Thermostat" >"When the hands that operate the motor lose control of the lever..." Mike/Joel and the 'Bots frequently lose control of the satellite and their surroundings in general. Don't you see it? It's incredible! The parallels to The Godfather are...well, not really...that well developed, I... uh... hmm... Huh? What's that? My point? Well, I'm glad you asked, I... um... well, I, uh... don't really have one. I was hoping that sort of, uh, a theme would pop up along here somewhere, but it...uh...doesn't seem to be... maybe if I point out just one more- Ow! Hey, knock it off! Didn't anyone ever tell you it's rude to throw things? And besides, rotting tomatoes are unsanitary. Now anyway- Ow! Hey, I said cut it out! What the- OW! OW! Hey, it was just a theory, I didn't mean- OW! Stop it! OW! HELP! OW! POLICE! OW! OW!!! thought it was cool to find this in there. Blink ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 00:04:59 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970518000459_-1466188955@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: This is groovy My sister made this up. (Did I mention she has WAY too much free time on her hands???) I think it is really cool. (You are just supposed to keep scrolling down.) T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T TH TH TH TH TH TH TH TH TH TH THE THE THE THE THE THE THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS --------------------- Forwarded message: Subj: COOL COOL COOL BY ME Date: 97-05-17 20:32:03 EDT From: Doubaya To: Phurr I AM TALLENTED T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T TH TH TH TH TH TH TH TH TH TH THE THE THE THE THE THE THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 18 May 97 00:38 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: cub Okay, this is sorta non-TMBG, but does anyone know where I could find cub lyrics? I've looked all over and haven't been able to find a homepage that has lyrics. Any help would be greatly appreciated! And to make this TMBG related.. Um, I'm really glad TMBG covered "New York City" because if they hadn't, I might never have found a band as nifty as cub... :) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970518014449.0068fb24@awod.com> Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 01:44:51 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: The tribute album I got bored and did a breakdown of the songs for the tribute album and the source material (I might've screwed up a bit, and it's current as of 1:36 AM, 5/18): TMBG: 12 songs Lincoln: 13 songs Misc. T: 4 songs 'Then' rarities: 1 song Dial-A-Songs and demo material: 4 songs *Total pre-Elektra: 34 songs* Flood: 14 songs Apollo 18: 14 songs John Henry: 12 songs Factory Showroom: 6 songs Elektra B-sides: 6 songs Unreleased new material: 3 songs *Total Elektra era songs: 55 songs* Miscellaneous songs: 1 song Undecided: 3 songs (I counted medleys as multiple songs, and I counted Fingertips as 1 song.) Any songs you're dying to see on the tribute album that aren't currently on there? I'd like to see The Famous Polka and Rhythm Section Want Ad...I think the artists involved have done a great job picking a variety of songs instead of just the singles. (Aside from the case of Ana Ng, but what can you do? :) Looking forward to the album, and TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 01:52:28 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705180552.BAA13626@cyber1.servtech.com> From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: Apocalypse Now... >Which tentative title is more acurate: "Insect Hospital" or "Thing" >Did either come from The Mouth Of John?? Both did, but "Insect Hospital" is more recent, and thus seemingly more accurate. >Re: Joshua Hall-Bachner's dismal foreshadowing of a joyless future: >NOOO! That's not what was supposed to happen! The world shouldn't end that >way! The prophets were wrong! That's not how it was meant to be! NOOOO! Fire and Brimstone! The boiling of the seven seas! The Apocalypse is nigh! (But wait. The Jerry Springer show is off the air. Thank the lord, for we are saved...) Josh It's the end of the world as we know it (and I have a slight queasy feeling) /-------------Joshua Hall-Bachner-------------Chaos Harlequin-------------\ | harlequin@tmbg.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-137 ******************************