Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-138 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 138 Monday, 19 May 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: I'm Def TMBG: Irving Plaza 2/21 Re: TMBG: This is groovy Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again TMBG: Japanesesu TMBG: James Ensor Re: TMBG: song in head Re: TMBG: TMBG and MST3K Re: TMBG: James Ensor TMBG: Arg TMBG: Address for We MBG, T. Re: TMBG: Address for We MBG, T. TMBG: Japanese TMBG: In my head.... Re: TMBG: In my head.... TMBG: huh? TMBG: in my head Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again TMBG: I am not your broom Re: TMBG: I am not your broom Re: TMBG: I am not your broom Re: TMBG: In my head.... Re: TMBG: song in head Re: TMBG: This is groovy RE: TMBG: In my head.... RE: TMBG: WBS chat update Re: TMBG: song in head Re: TMBG: I am not your broom Re: TMBG: I am not your broom Re: TMBG: I am not your broom Re: TMBG: I am not your broom TMBG: TMBG @ AOL Welcome Screen TMBG: Flans is not your broom TMBG: Houston, we're not shuffling TMBG: Johnvs.John TMBG: Doh Re: TMBG: Houston, we're not shuffling TMBG: solution to IANYbroom... Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again TMBG: Obsolete song Re: TMBG: James Ensor Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.16.19970518105126.34370ede@mail.one.net> Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 10:51:26 From: Chris Combs Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm Def > Whilest I was listening to I'm Def earlier, my dad came in and made a > startling revelation. If you haven't heard it before, I suggest you > listen to Help I'm a Rock by Frank Zappa, that and I'm Def are basically > the same song... I'm sorry, but I can't find any simularity between these songs at all. There is one section out of this 9 minute tune that *might* be coincidence, but I would hardly judge the entire song by that one snippet. -Chris Combs aka "It can't happen here, I'm telling you my dear" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970518094807.00a44120@mail.ee.net> Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 09:48:07 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Irving Plaza 2/21 Hello. Please email me if you have a *good*, original tape or the feb 21st Irving Plaza show. Thanks. Reply ASAP. -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970518095705.00a46840@mail.ee.net> Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 09:57:05 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: This is groovy At 12:04 AM 5/18/97 -0400, you wrote: >My sister made this up. (Did I mention she has WAY too much free time on her >hands???) I think it is really cool. (You are just supposed to keep >scrolling down.) Well, it was sort of cool, and I can say it was unrelated; it had TMBG written all over it... but.... um.... well... I thought the list was moderated? -ec ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199705181440.JAA06740@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 09:40:51 -0500 (EST) > This is a confirmed TMBG appearance. They have done a Coke comercial > and it is now playing on the radio. I repeat, this is a confirmed TMBG > appearance. > Oh, really? Confirmed by whom? A band member? TMBG management? A representative of the Coca-Cola corporation? Why don't you share the source of your confirmation with us... m@t ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:18:26 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <337F1DC2.139A@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Japanesesu the large 'SU'.Is supposed to have a line across the top like I typed in > > > > -------/ the line going diagonally > > / to the left is normally curved > > /\ > > / \ > > / \ > > well I guess since it says Su on it, then it's probably japanese, but the > same character in chinese (and chinese and japanese share many of the same > characters with same/similar meanings) means "person" or "mankind." > Ellen Kao > In Japanese they use the same character for People(without the line on top) It's called hito. I'm just tryong to clear things up. Bye, Vera ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:34:12 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <337F2174.64BF@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: James Ensor The best poster for Them would have to be a > painting by James Ensor. Anyone agree? > Josh Nielsen Yes I read about his painting and they sound awesome. Plus I love that song exspecially when They play it slower at concerts. Bye, Vera "I hope I typed enough that this doesn't go under the catgory of me too posts" ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:31:31 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: song in head Message-ID: <19970518153155.AAD8414@default> > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) > Subject: TMBG: song in head > Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:09:20 EST > Reply-to: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) > I've had the Famous Polka in my head for about three days now. Being that I > don't know the words to the song, I can't end the song. Therefore, it stays > in my head!!!! I guess the only way to fix this is to listen to the Famous > Polka over and over again until I know the words. Does anyone have any > other advice? > > > Steve Steph, try listening to something else. Maybe something not TMBG. Hopefully that song you will know the words to. Eric ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:31:31 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG and MST3K Message-ID: <19970518153155.AAE8414@default> > From: "The Cowans" > To: > Subject: TMBG: TMBG and MST3K > Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:37:53 -0500 > Reply-to: "The Cowans" > In my most recent MSTies anonymous newsletter this suddenly jumped out at > me: > > **************************************************************************** > ** > THE MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000/THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS CONUNDRUM!!!!! > **************************************************************************** > ** > That's right, friends, the spacebound sarcastros that have kept you in > stitches for years and the maladjusted maestros that brought you "Particle > Man" are inextricably, I repeat, INEXTRICABLY linked. I type it in all > caps, it's so doggone inextricable. A few examples from the 1994 TMBG > album "John Henry" are in order to prove my point... > EXHIBIT 1: From the popular single "Snail Shell", the second track on John > Henry- > >"I'd like to thank you for putting me back in my snail shell." > The "shell" being referred to here is, quite obviously, the Satellite of > Love. The speaker here is neither Mike nor Joel, but BOTH, the indelible > spirit of humanity that pervades the robot-dominated haven of the SOL and > maintains some twisted sense of order and sanity among the chaos. It > vanished for a short time with the liberation of Joel, but with Mike's > instatment, it was "put back." Get it? Moving right along... > EXHIBIT 2: From the song "Spy" > >"I see you through my spyglasses, baby..." > Aha! An unmistakable reference to Rocket #9! > >"I can see right through the ground." > Right through the ground, underground, DEEP 13??? Think about it, won't > you? > EXHIBIT 3: If you play the title line of the song "Meet James Ensor" > backwards at half speed, you can clearly hear the message: > "Crow is a groovy golf shoe." > It's TRUE, I tell you! > EXHIBIT 4: From "Thermostat" > >"When the hands that operate the motor lose control of the lever..." > Mike/Joel and the 'Bots frequently lose control of the satellite and their > surroundings in general. Don't you see it? It's incredible! The parallels > to The Godfather are...well, not really...that well developed, I... uh... > hmm... > Huh? What's that? My point? Well, I'm glad you asked, I... um... well, I, > uh... don't really have one. I was hoping that sort of, uh, a theme would > pop up along here somewhere, but it...uh...doesn't seem to be... maybe if I > point out just one more- > Ow! > Hey, knock it off! Didn't anyone ever tell you it's rude to throw things? > And besides, rotting tomatoes are unsanitary. Now anyway- > Ow! Hey, I said cut it out! What the- OW! OW! Hey, it was just a theory, I > didn't mean- OW! Stop it! OW! HELP! OW! POLICE! OW! OW!!! > > > thought it was cool to find this in there. > > Blink Has anyone recommended mental help for these crazed delusions? As much as I like MST 3K, I really don't see any connections besides both TMBG and MST 3K make fun of normal stuff. Eric ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:33:51 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: James Ensor Message-ID: <19970518153415.AAA8456@default> > > The best poster for Them would have to be a > > painting by James Ensor. Anyone agree? > > Josh Nielsen This would be very cool and I would pay a lot o' $ for it. Too bad old Jim died a while back, huh. What a cruel fate... Eric ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:47:36 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <337F2498.1099@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Arg Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > Hey, everybody go to the _React_ homepage and vote for "SEXXY" as > best alternative song.. you'll have to click "other" and write it in, but > I bet we could stuff the ballot box... ;) The URL is www.react.com, and > I think the poll is under "Activate!" > > Kirsten > -- > "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, > with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ > Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie I tried and I couldn't find it are you sure this is right. Bye, Vera ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 12:23:46 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Address for We MBG, T. Message-ID: I need the web address for that page about We Might Be Giants, Too, because I would like to contribute if I can do it well enough with my crappy keyboard. I can already mix together exquisite dead guy, so I could do that, and I am currently gonna try The Famous Polka or RSWA. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970518122208.006920ac@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 12:22:12 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Address for We MBG, T. At 12:23 PM 5/18/97 -0400, you wrote: >I need the web address for that page about We Might Be Giants, Too, >because I would like to contribute if I can do it well enough with my >crappy keyboard. I can already mix together exquisite dead guy, so I >could do that, and I am currently gonna try The Famous Polka or RSWA. Great!!! The address is http://home.ml.org/tmbg/ TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:27:49 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199705181627.LAA13616@quads.uchicago.edu> From: May Anna Schaeffer Subject: TMBG: Japanese >> >> / the line going diagonally >> / to the left is normally curved >> /\ >> / \ >> / \ > >well I guess since it says Su on it, then it's probably japanese, but the >same character in chinese (and chinese and japanese share many of the same >characters with same/similar meanings) means "person" or "mankind." >Ellen Kao I asked a friend of mine who from Japan and he agrees with this translation. If it also had two lines at the top of it it would mean sky or heaven. If there was one line above it, not touching it, it would mean one person. Later May ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:46:46 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199705181646.LAA14799@quads.uchicago.edu> From: May Anna Schaeffer Subject: TMBG: In my head.... >> Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on particular >> song stuck in you brain? When I first picked up WDTSS?, before I even put it in my CD player I had it suck in my head all the way home. My friends were about to kill me because I had gotten the whole song stuck in their heads for about three days, and they're not even fans! Later, May ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 12:55:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970518125537_-732043551@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: In my head.... >> Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on particular >> song stuck in you brain? I always get different parts of Fingertips in my head. I start blurting them out in class and it gets a little crazy when I say, "Wreck my car" or "What's that blue thing doing here?" You could imagine the response to some of the other Fingertips songlets. Joel "Urinating in the Flowers" Gedalius http://members.aol.com/yoel97/ <~~Daily Trivia Contest! Go and Win! ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: TMBG: huh? Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 13:43:49 EST Message-Id: <199705181743.4560000@cyberia.com> Someone said that the title part of meet james ensor sounded like "Crow is a groovy golf shoe" when played backwards and slow! I tried it and just don't hear it!!!!!!! Steve ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: TMBG: in my head Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 13:54:27 EST Message-Id: <199705181754.4563600@cyberia.com> How come it is never the really good songs that are stuck in your head. I always get the worst songs stuck in my head(like "Your Own Worst Enemy") Oh well. Steve ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199705182018.QAA01283@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 18 May 1997 15:19:00 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again CO>> This is a confirmed TMBG appearance. They have done a Coke comercial CO>> and it is now playing on the radio. I repeat, this is a confirmed TMBG CO>> appearance. CO>> CO>Oh, really? Confirmed by whom? A band member? TMBG management? CO>A representative of the Coca-Cola corporation? Why don't you share CO>the source of your confirmation with us... CO>m@t Well, mr. m@t, it was confirmed by the all knowing radio DJ (who, incidentally, made a comment about T:TEY after the comercial played, but neglected to play any TMBG). Is this good enough for you or are you waiting for Coke and TMBG to hold a joint press conference to to make it official? Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: I am not your broom Message-ID: <19970518.154136.14798.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 17:42:32 EDT allright, can someone please clear up a little bit of my confused mind here... when they sang i am not your broom live, flansburgh sang it, with graham (maby) singing the part of the broom. but my friend swears that on the video (which i am unable to download cuz my computer is a piece of *$%#...) from the official site, that it is linnell singing and in the video. unfortunatly my friends knows very little about them and thus i'm not sure. she said that he was wearing thick black glasses that look kinda like reading glasses which i now know only linny has (yes, this is a proven fact cuz i saw it with my own eyes at the KU show) and i know flans has the thin silver rimmed glasses now. which is the only reason i'm not really sure at this point... oh yeah, and she said he was kinda thin which, unless flansy has lost weight pretty recently i'm to the point that i will asume it's linny. HELP MY CONFUSED MIND!!!! "welcome to the jungle jim... welcome to the jungle [JOR]dan" ---TMBG!!! =) love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970518144954.006cff14@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 14:50:02 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: I am not your broom At 05:42 PM 5/18/97 EDT, you wrote: >when they sang i am not your broom live, flansburgh sang it, with graham >(maby) singing the part of the broom. but my friend swears that on the >video (which i am unable to download cuz my computer is a piece of >*$%#...) from the official site, that it is linnell singing and in the >video. unfortunatly my friends knows very little about them and thus i'm >not sure. AFAIK, your friend is right. I Am Not Your Broom is a Linnellian (hey, I coined a new word!) song. Linnell sings it on the little QuickCam movie and, from what I hear, at most shows. It's weird that Flans sang it live; at the The Edge show in March, Linnell sang it with the whole band singing the broom's parts. I've heard that it's been that way at most shows. --nicole the wonder nerd p.s. thanks to all who recommended SNZ to me; I just picked up "Hot" and it's way kewl. I'll have to play it for the parents and grandparents. *** "I'm crazy, but I get the job done." --Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 17:55:48 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: I am not your broom Message-ID: <19970518215613.AAA19697@default> > allright, > can someone please clear up a little bit of my confused mind here... > > when they sang i am not your broom live, flansburgh sang it, with graham > (maby) singing the part of the broom. but my friend swears that on the > video (which i am unable to download cuz my computer is a piece of > *$%#...) from the official site, that it is linnell singing and in the > video. unfortunatly my friends knows very little about them and thus i'm > not sure. > she said that he was wearing thick black glasses that look kinda like > reading glasses which i now know only linny has (yes, this is a proven > fact cuz i saw it with my own eyes at the KU show) and i know flans has > the thin silver rimmed glasses now. which is the only reason i'm not > really sure at this point... > oh yeah, and she said he was kinda thin which, unless flansy has lost > weight pretty recently i'm to the point that i will asume it's linny. > HELP MY CONFUSED MIND!!!! > > "welcome to the jungle jim... welcome to the jungle [JOR]dan" ---TMBG!!! > =) > love, JOrdaN I'm pretty sure its Linnell. I just looked at the video to double check. The Giant in question has glasses, but he is defininatly Linnell. He is thin and has Linnell's hair and face. If I am wrong, I must blame it on the not-so-great quality of the .mov file or my computer, I don't know which. However, I'm pretty sure it's Linnell. Eric ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: In my head.... Message-ID: <19970518.180909.5070.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 18:08:57 EDT On Sat, 17 May 1997 17:29:13 -0500 (EST) Queen Sneepy writes: >On Thu, 15 May 1997, ILOVEMARTHASTEWART wrote: >> >> Have any of the rest of you had one particular section on on >particular >> song stuck in you brain? >> Well, this morning as I was working at McDonald's for 3,465,987 hours, I had Puppet Head going through my head. Coincidence? I think not! -Evan "Quit My Job" Kleve ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: song in head Message-ID: <19970518.180909.5070.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 18:08:57 EDT On Sat, 17 May 1997 22:09:20 EST skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) writes: >I've had the Famous Polka in my head for about three days now. Being >that I >don't know the words to the song, I can't end the song. Therefore, it >stays >in my head!!!! I guess the only way to fix this is to listen to the >Famous >Polka over and over again until I know the words. Does anyone have >any >other advice? > Yes, get thye Macerena stuck in your head! Maybe then you'll BEG for the Famous Polka! -Evan "No Help At All" Kleve ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: This is groovy Message-ID: <19970518.180909.5070.3.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 18:08:57 EDT On Sun, 18 May 1997 09:57:05 -0400 Evan Chakroff writes: >At 12:04 AM 5/18/97 -0400, you wrote: >>My sister made this up. (Did I mention she has WAY too much free >time on her >>hands???) I think it is really cool. (You are just supposed to keep >>scrolling down.) > >Well, it was sort of cool, and I can say it was unrelated; it had TMBG >written all over it... but.... um.... well... I thought the list was >moderated? > Hi Evan, this is Evan, and I think you should just lighten up a bit! I thought it was so cool I forwarded it to all of my semi-TMBG-appreciative friends. BTW this list is no longer moderated. -Evan R. Kleve ------------------------------ From: Callag@NORTHRYDE.VODAFONE.vodafone.telememo.au Date: 19 May 1997 08:30:33 +1000 Message-ID: <000DF488.MAI*/S=Callag/O=VODAFONE/OU=NORTHRYDE/PRMD=vodafone/ADMD=telememo/C=au@MHS> Subject: RE: TMBG: In my head.... ---------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- >On Thu, 15 May 1997, ILOVEMARTHASTEWART wrote: Huh? I don't even know who Martha Stewart is??? Andrew Callaghan - who after reading all these threads managed to get EDG out of his head but then managed to get half of the other songs you've all mentioned in there too (and an extra special thanks to whomever mentioned that Toni Braxton song... my girlfriend loves it, so she was over the moon when I was talking to her and inadvertantly hummed it 'cos it had been in ever since reading the letter :) ------------------------------ From: Callag@NORTHRYDE.VODAFONE.vodafone.telememo.au Date: 19 May 1997 08:30:39 +1000 Message-ID: <000DF489.MAI*/S=Callag/O=VODAFONE/OU=NORTHRYDE/PRMD=vodafone/ADMD=telememo/C=au@MHS> Subject: RE: TMBG: WBS chat update ---------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- >To all of you who are planning on going to the first ever weekly >live TMBG chat (phew!): I will be there and I look forward to >meeting you all, in real time. My handle is UCstudent, so say >"hi." Once again, the starting time is 7pm EST - that's 4pm for >you Californians and 10pm Tuesday for you Perth, Australia people >(hi Hannah! :)) Umm, close, but it's actually 10 **AM** for Perth people, and Midday for Us East Coasters (So turn off Kerry-Anne and be there if you can ) Andrew Callaghan ps - sorry for not including Adelaide... you should be able to work it out yourselves though... :) ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: TMBG: song in head Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 19:49:20 EST Message-Id: <199705182349.4672200@cyberia.com> >Yes, get thye Macerena stuck in your head! Maybe then you'll BEG for the >Famous Polka! > > -Evan "No Help At All" Kleve Don't get me wrong, I love the famous polka! Hey! Steve Hey! > ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: TMBG: I am not your broom Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 19:46:58 EST Message-Id: <199705182346.4670600@cyberia.com> >allright, >can someone please clear up a little bit of my confused mind here... Sure can! First of all, it is Linnel singing to the broom. He is wearing thick black glasses. The broom seems to be sung by Flans(I think). Flans isn't fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 The broom is really funny tooo. It is jumping up and down(its a mad little broom). You have to see it, I love it! Steve ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 19:44:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970518194434_-1934075819@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: I am not your broom << Sure can! First of all, it is Linnel singing to the broom. He is wearing thick black glasses. The broom seems to be sung by Flans(I think). >> I'm pretty sure that Linnell sings both parts--when he's singing "his" part, the camera is on him, and when he's singing the broom's part, it's only on the broom, so you can't really tell. Kay ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 19:55:18 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970518195518_-1800537943@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: I am not your broom In a message dated 97-05-18 19:50:39 EDT, Kaylum@aol.com writes: << I'm pretty sure that Linnell sings both parts--when he's singing "his" part, the camera is on him, and when he's singing the broom's part, it's only on the broom, so you can't really tell. >> It is Linnell on both. I have heard before ( I can't place it though) that it is him. In fact, I believe I heard that Linnell just made the song and then Flans and Linnell decided to use it for various purposes. Also if you listen to both "voices" (broom and linnell) they sound VERY similar. Maybe that means something??? Joel "I'm going outside now to play frisbee and urinate in the flowers" Gedalius ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 18 May 97 20:51 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: I am not your broom >I'm pretty sure that Linnell sings both parts--when he's singing "his" part, >the camera is on him, and when he's singing the broom's part, it's only on >the broom, so you can't really tell. I, too, am almost certain it's both; Linny makes his voice deeper for the broom's part. "No John I will not sweep for you for I am not your broom.." I still think that's *the* most hilarious thing I've ever seen on the web. Period. Even if it wasn't JL I'd think it was pure genius; but since it's him, it's even funnier. :) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:22:50 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970518212223_-331155833@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG @ AOL Welcome Screen On AOL's Welcome screen today, one of the options was something about Memorial Day. The Caption Was: Raise your flag today and find out what this holiday is all about! It just struck me and I cracked up. Joel "Urinating in the Flowers (and Flags)" Gedalius http://members.aol.com/yoel97/ <~~DAILY TRIVIA CONTEST!!!!!!!!! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:29:18 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <337FACEE.3AA@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Flans is not your broom I have no Name wrote: but my friend swears that on the > video (which i am unable to download cuz my computer is a piece of > *$%#...) from the official site, that it is linnell singing and in the > video. It's Linnell. That's wacky stuff considering Linnell sang it at Blowhager's in MD. Hmmmm Bye, Vera ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:27:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970518195600_-664901338@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Houston, we're not shuffling I just put Apollo18 on random on my computer and i got 9 Fingertips in a row (3 of them in the order placed on the CD). I always wanted to see what it's like to have them basically alternating between full songs and Fingertips (like J&J say to do) but ah, it doesn't work for me. I then tried again by requesting a different order, and I got 5 full songs in a row. Have I no luck? Joel "Fingers and THEN Fingertips" Gedalius ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:46:08 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <337FB0E0.16C@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Johnvs.John > Just trying to keep the "John-equality-meter" in the middle- > Kevin McGuire As I've posted before the Johns perfectly complement each other. They are more than just the sum of Thier parts. Mono Puff is awesome but everytime i hear them I they're really cool except, where's Linnell. Flans gets major points for playing, singing, writing, and talking the most.(I think) However Linnell more than makes up with it in the accordian and hotness factor. I love the way Their styles go togeter. Flans is creamy and Linnell is crunchy. Moose says that is you look at the lyric sheets Flans' songs are horizontal and Linnell's are verical. Flans holds out and repeats a few lyrics where as Linnell uses a lot of lyrics fast and together.(a general observation) it depends on what i feel like listening to. However, only Flans can sing like a girl.;*0 Bye, vera ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:47:57 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <337FB14D.6113@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Doh Eeyore wrote: > > Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > > > Hey, everybody go to the _React_ homepage and vote for "SEXXY" as > > best alternative song.. you'll have to click "other" and write it in, but > > I bet we could stuff the ballot box... ;) The URL is www.react.com, and > > I think the poll is under "Activate!" > > > > Kirsten > > -- > > "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, > > with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ > > Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie > I tried and I couldn't find it are you sure this is right. > Bye, > Vera Doh I'm retarded I found it on the next post. Sorry if I alarmed you. i encourage everyone to vote. Bye, Vera ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 23:14:49 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Houston, we're not shuffling Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 18-May-97 TMBG: Houston, we're not sh.. by Yoel97@aol.com > I always wanted to see what it's like to have them basically alternating > between full songs and Fingertips (like J&J say to do) but ah, it doesn't > work for me. I then tried again by requesting a different order, and I got 5 > full songs in a row. Have I no luck? no, it's bound to turn out that way. I'm not sure how your CD player works, exactly, but for one, it may be running into problems with the large number of tracks. secondly, they're just tracks on the CD - the CD player isn't programmed to play long tracks after short ones and stuff like that. it's just picking random numbers (pseudo-random). so the probability that you'll hear a good mix is very low... ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: solution to IANYbroom... Message-ID: <19970518.212631.4678.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 23:27:55 EDT okay, so we've determined that it is linnell in the i am not your broom video...i just have one more thing to say. since i started the whole clothing thread with my observations of how linny is always wearing stripes and flans that plaid shirt. well, i told you so... Linnell is indeed wearing a striped shirt! =) "are you sitting or on your feet? how much cake can you eat?" ---TMBG "i'd kill myself if i was somebody else, i'm feeling so beside myself" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199705190348.WAA20804@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 22:48:39 -0500 (EST) > > Well, mr. m@t, it was confirmed by the all knowing radio DJ (who, > incidentally, made a comment about T:TEY after the comercial played, but > neglected to play any TMBG). Is this good enough for you or are you > waiting for Coke and TMBG to hold a joint press conference to to make it > official? > You said it that it is "documented" as being TMBG. So, no, the fact that some guy on the radio said so is not good enough for me. Documentation means that a reliable source has gone on record, and DJs often do *not* qualify as reliable sources, I'm afraid. m@t p.s. Sarcasm is not your forte. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:39:43 +1000 (EST) Message-Id: From: slbrown@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Brownie) Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again Is this good enough for you or are you >> waiting for Coke and TMBG to hold a joint press conference to to make it >You said it that it is "documented" as being TMBG. So, no, the >fact that some guy on the radio said so is not good enough for me. >Documentation means that a reliable source has gone on record, >and DJs often do *not* qualify as reliable sources, I'm afraid. >p.s. Sarcasm is not your forte. Hey, hey, people... lets keep this a happy place to be! If you really feel the need to slang at each other keep it private and off the list, ok? Wanting the fans to be as loving as the Ambassadors Brownie ____________________________________________________________________________ Remember kids: Don't Iron your toungue!!!! Bad recipe (courtesy PLONK) 1. Get ten pounds of raw meat 2. Leave in sun for 5 days 3. Eat ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:52:48 PST Subject: TMBG: Obsolete song Message-ID: <19970518.215249.16574.3.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Do you know where I can get the song One More Parade other than the Elektra 40th anniversary compilation?? Josh Nielsen ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 19:24:35 PST Subject: Re: TMBG: James Ensor Message-ID: <19970518.215249.16574.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) That's nothing that can't be overcome by the mighty computer. Josh Nielsen On Sun, 18 May 1997 11:33:51 +0000 wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) writes: >> > The best poster for Them would have to be a >> > painting by James Ensor. Anyone agree? >> > Josh Nielsen >This would be very cool and I would pay a lot o' $ for it. >Too bad old Jim died a while back, huh. >What a cruel fate... Eric > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 00:52:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705190452.AAA05447@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: Re: TMBG: That Coke commercial again >> >> Well, mr. m@t, it was confirmed by the all knowing radio DJ (who, >> incidentally, made a comment about T:TEY after the comercial played, but >> neglected to play any TMBG). Is this good enough for you or are you >> waiting for Coke and TMBG to hold a joint press conference to to make it >> official? >> > >You said it that it is "documented" as being TMBG. So, no, the >fact that some guy on the radio said so is not good enough for me. >Documentation means that a reliable source has gone on record, >and DJs often do *not* qualify as reliable sources, I'm afraid. > > > >m@t > >p.s. Sarcasm is not your forte. > > Dammit!!! Don't fight on the list. I'd prefer you not fight at all (especially over a stupid radio commercial), but if you're going to fight, do it privately. The rest of us don't want to read your stupid, bickering posts. Marty ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-138 ******************************