Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 14 Wednesday, 15 January 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Another fan!!!! Re: TMBG: orange juice voices TMBG: Concert in FL TMBG: My TMBG story TMBG: Splink! and heather the reactionary TMBG: Summer Breeze, Linnell/Flans voices Re: TMBG: orange juice voices TMBG: FL/BTS/International dates TMBG: don't let's start more gay threads... TMBG: Ypsi show... Re: TMBG: orange juice voices TMBG: Brother John Bejezus, MDM, ruprecht, and others TMBG: other lists Re: TMBG: Ypsi show... Re: TMBG: other lists TMBG: I proclaim that I am England TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! TMBG: Re: Which John is Which? Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! TMBG:Don't and Hotel Singles PLEASE READ! Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! Re: TMBG: Re: Which John is Which? Re: TMBG: Moo ha ha! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: mja4@cornell.edu Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 08:21:16 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Another fan!!!! Message-ID: On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, William Blacksher wrote: > That's really weird. If you listen to Linnell play the Famous Polka and Al > play a polka, they sound almost alike. obviously you are unable to detect the subtle differences in their polka playing styles :) > Also, why is it that whenever I buy a TMBG cd, I listen to it and say "This > SUCKS!!! Why did I waste my $$$ on this?" Then, I listen to it awhile later > and decide that I love it. The only one I didn't do this to was Flood. It took > me 2 months to decide I liked A18. (Which sat around for 2 months and > collected dust.) i know what you mean, i bought A18 and didn't listen to it for almost a year and then once i started listening to it i realized i loved it and couldn't stop... Trippy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 08:34:44 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: orange juice voices Message-ID: On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: ** Linnell sings with himself on, as far as I can tell, Kiss Me, Son of ** God, Birdhouse (yes, the ending is all Linnell, but they have to change ** it in concert), Dead, Statue, Turn Around, Subliminal, Head Falls Off, ** The Bells are Ringing ** As far as I can tell, Flans hasn't done anything like that (possibly Cage & ** Aquarium) They sing in unison on a few songs, most notably Istanbul and ** Shoehorn with Teeth. OK. Songs where it's actually Linnell singing with himself: Dead, Turn Around (although he's sped up), The Bells are Ringing, Birdhouse, Till My Head Falls Off. Statue has Flans, so does Subliminal, and Kiss Me, Son of God. I think the background vocals on Statue are them in unison. Cage & Aquarium is _not_ exclusively Flans at all. Istanbul is not all unison, and I don't think Shoehorn is either, but you probably realized that. Linnell also does all of Ana Ng, and I'm sure there are others, but I'm too tired to think of them all now. Check the who sings what list, almost all of them are correct. RS ------------------------------ From: sprocket@scorequest.com Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:38:52 -0500 Message-ID: Subject: TMBG: Concert in FL Could someone tell me if there is a TMBG concert in FL in february, and the details surrounding it? ------------------------------ From: sprocket@scorequest.com Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:43:18 -0500 Message-ID: Subject: TMBG: My TMBG story well, hello, I'm Georgy and I'm going to tell you the story of how I first got hooked on TMBG. Well, manye years ago I was at the music store deciding what to buy.. It was between "Flood" and toad the wet sprocket's "Dulcinea".. and I chose Dulcinea.. and therefore became a TtWS FREAK. On September 23 1995 I met my cuurent boyfriend, a month later we started going out, and soon I was introduced to his favrotie group - They Might Be Giants. He taped me the CD's, gave me John Henry for xmas, and now, 15 months later, we are still together and hopefully will be till the end of the tour :> By now, he has recorded for me every TMBG song he has.. all major albums, singles like WDTSS, I(NC), and s-e-x-x-y. I have one ?, thought, where can I get Back to Skull? Well, here I am. yahoo. -Georgy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32DB76FC.4055@ou.edu> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:07:24 +0000 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: Splink! and heather the reactionary Ryan Staib wrote: > Hmmmm. I'm wondering if maybe you don't see the irony in all this. > "For Moody, angry-at-the-world loners," so you decide to get really mad at > this... Really, how does getting mad about a comment someone else made change > your situation for the better? Did you have any control over this person and > his comments? Do you now have control over anything he does? So why get all > mad at him? All you end up doing is making yourself feel bad. Of course, > you're free to do whatever you want, but getting mad about something you really > have no power over (or getting mad that you don't have any power over it) > doesn't sound like much fun to me. Yes, be duly upset that he criticized you > judgmentally. Yes, be disappointed that he did. But get mad? I'm sorry, it > just doesn't seem useful to me. It would clearly not be useful if you were, > say, happy, that he did this. But that doesn't mean you have to get upset, > unless you really want to. > > RS > > PS It's not like most of us don't act irrationally and get mad when it's not at > all advantageous to us. I've just been thinking about this sort of thing alot > lately and I decided to see if other people agreed with me. Oh, and what is > Splink! about? Splink is my magazine about.. everything! Very hard to explain.. I am working on issue 2 right now. It does include a very interesting and informative section on Chia Pets. I will have to wait to give a definate price, if you want one.. it's basically a no profit thing.. but I like to have the price cover what it costs to print... so it mainly hinges on whether I do color cover or not. About my anger... you have to know me, I guess, to know that in real life my anger is extremely short lived.. if ever I get truly angry enough to act. I was just venting my initial wrath. When you live your life in a (small! dorm!) room with another person.. this is usually the better way to go if you are upset. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701141707.MAA07132@sable.cc.vt.edu> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:07:58 +0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Summer Breeze, Linnell/Flans voices >>I'll bet that "Summer Breeze" the DAS is >Is that that 80's song "Summer breeze, makes me feel fine...." :P Now I'm >reminded of those 80's compilation commercials which in turn, remind me of Yeah, that song is never the same after you hear the Type O Negative version (on Bloody Kisses). They do an interesting spoof on "Hey Joe" as well. It's easy enough to distinguish between Flansburgh and Linnell usually. Flans is very smooth, while Linnell has some really weird nasal harmonics going. It sounds like he's smirking at you the whole time, because he is. * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Let's get those missiles aimed to destroy the universe!" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <32dbc30052dd002@gold.tc.umn.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: orange juice voices Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:31:43 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Ryan Staib: >now. Check the who sings what list, almost all of them are correct. *grin* Actually, someone found a couple bugs a month or so ago and I haven't gotten around to correcting them. Also, I recently introduced new notation that will make things (1) more confusing and (2) more detailed. Once the "to do" stack gets down that far... %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9701141742.AA07384@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: FL/BTS/International dates Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:42:38 -0500 (EST) To the person who asked about Florida shows in February. It says on the www.tmbg.com page that they are playing at the University of Miami on 2/22/97. To Georgy: I'm not sure if Back to Skull is sold out but there's usually a lack of past TMBG singles in a lot of areas which would suggest them being sold out. But some places have big warehouses with lots of singles sitting around and sometimes they have special ways of getting older singles. You might want to check your best used record store as they tend to have rarer stuff. To Leo: I was curious if you could nudge the TMBG Management into giving out some March/April International tour dates, as there's been many rumors but no definites stated. Also, they have revealed a 4/26/97 show in Ohio, so why not the March shows? Tacka, Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:49:21 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970114124920_1343716310@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: don't let's start more gay threads... >tmbg are not gay( well not all of them anyway). "not all of them anyway"?? Oh, that's right. Forgot about Eric. Silly me.. ;) oh my, and that's it? Okay, as Evan would say... "hit delete..." sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: tom@Mail.Coast.NET (Thomas Earl!) Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 13:22:28 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: Ypsi show... Greetings to all... Just wanted to let you all know that I managed to get tickets to the Ypsilanti show. Has anybody ever been there? I was curious to see if I have good seats... Tom -- * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Earl Diplomacy is the art of saying Network Engineer "Nice Doggie!"... till you can find Coast to Coast Telecommuncations a Rock. Clarkson, Michigan +1.800.900.9960 http://www.coast.net Tom@coast.net http://www.games.coast.net * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:28:17 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: orange juice voices Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 14-Jan-97 Re: TMBG: orange juice voices by Ryan Staib@james.hawken. > Off. Statue has Flans, so does Subliminal, and Kiss Me, Son of God. I think t > he > background vocals on Statue are them in unison. Cage & Aquarium is _not_ > exclusively Flans at all. Istanbul is not all unison, and I don't think > Shoehorn is either, but you probably realized that. Linnell also does all of > Ana Ng, and I'm sure there are others, but I'm too tired to think of them all > now. Check the who sings what list, almost all of them are correct. Ok, I don't really want to start a huge argument here (although I suppose it *is* relevant discussion), but just to clarify a few things: Statue has three vocal parts at one point. Two of them are Linnell, the other is Flans: L: The stone it called to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee F: And now I see the things the stone has shown to me. L: (higher) And now I see the things the stone has shown to me. and the same for the other similar parts of the song. If you listen to a concert recording, Linnell doesn't hold the meeeeeeeeeee... but sings the higher vocal part, and often drowns out Flans' part, which is the more prominent one on the CD, but sounds like it could be Linnell - I still think there's a possibility that it's a neat recording trick... In Shoehorn with Teeth, the refrains are sung by both, and the verses are as follows: F, L, both. The background vocal in the refrains of Ana Ng sounds more like Flans. Cage & Aquarium has Linnell doing backing vocals in the final refrain. Subliminal, like Statue, has three vocal parts at one point (the ending). Again, two are Linnell and one is Flans.... actually, I think on the CD they might all be Linnell. Kiss Me, son of God is very hard to tell. at least this is everything I could figure out. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32DC2950.2AC@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:48:16 -0800 From: Green Jello Subject: TMBG: Brother John Bejezus, MDM, ruprecht, and others has anyone else noticed that some of our backbone members haven't posted in quite a while??? i've been here for a little over a year now... people come and go... but some are lifers... bro. john bejezus kept us on our toes mdm runs #tmbg on the undernet (i believe) ruprecht.... well is ruprecht where have the good times gone...? -- Green Jello Dark Helmet: "You have the ring... and I see your Schwartz is as big as mine" -Space Balls http://w3.one.net/~jkl/ ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: other lists Message-ID: <19970114.152014.5463.10.Gondolin@juno.com> From: gondolin@juno.com (Ryan P Gorsuch) Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:28:14 EST my only link to the internet right now is email and this list so i was wondering if anyone could help me. does anyone know of any other (besides majordomo@tmbg.org) mailing lists or majordomos that serve groups of mailing lists? i am primarily looking for lists or majordomos concerned with music etc. but some other interest are biking snowboarding c++ programming. any suggestions would be appreciated though. thanks ryan gorsuch ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32DC0B3E.43F8@wwnet.com> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:39:58 -0500 From: dstange Subject: Re: TMBG: Ypsi show... Thomas Earl! wrote: > > Greetings to all... > > Just wanted to let you all know that I managed to get tickets to the > Ypsilanti show. Has anybody ever been there? I was curious to see if I > have good seats... Mine are in Row F... i'm assuming that's 6. although I live in Ypsi, I've never been to Pease. I'm thinking about going with a wig on my head and a cookie in one hand. Dwayne "If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199701150049.TAA12466@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: Re: TMBG: other lists Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 19:49:31 -0500 (EST) > my only link to the internet right now is email and this list so i was > wondering if > anyone could help me. does anyone know of any other (besides > majordomo@tmbg.org) mailing lists or majordomos that serve groups of > mailing lists? i am primarily looking for lists or majordomos concerned > with music etc. but some other interest are biking snowboarding c++ > programming. any suggestions would be appreciated though. thanks You may want to look at www.reference.com. They list mailing lists and archive them. I'm considering letting them archive tmbg-list. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 20:02:00 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199701150102.UAA07533@cyber1.servtech.com> From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: I proclaim that I am England >Actually, their complaint is that TMBG has "no melody." I don't understand all the complaints about TMBG not being melodious. Someone on Chalkhills (after hearing their version of 25 O'Clock) called TMBG "hyperactive savants" and called the music, basically, noise. >Say, aren't tmbg gay? Well, lessee. Linnell is thin, neat, and...well, two out of three ain't bad. >Notable Flans songs: I think the thing that's throwing many people off (it threw me off for a long time) is that on some songs, Flans sings with the high voice (e.g. AKA Driver) and on other ones he sings with a much lower voice. Josh Little hand's on E. /---------------------------Joshua Hall-Bachner---------------------------\ | particle@servtech.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701150113.UAA00014@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 20:14:11 -0500 From: Big.Boy@valley.net (The Notorious R.O.B) Subject: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! First of all, I just want you to know, that it's still me, cute and cuddely little Robbie Grabill, I'm just notorious now. Second of all, has anyone sent Evan a shirt design? I think we are extremly lucky to have someone with a way to print shirts handy, so I don't want this to fall through. I'd sign one in, but I suck. Rob Grabill X X gonk@valley.net ^ http://www.geocities.com/Paris/1941/ |||||||||| ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 18:16:02 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Re: Which John is Which? >Notable Flans songs: Puppet Head, Lie Still, Ball & Chain, Racist >Friend, Twisting, Guitar, Narrow, Sleeping, Ensor, Out of Jail, >S-E-X-X-Y, Pet Name Nope, can't count Racist Friend. This is a very well done song in which Flansburgh does the chorus ("This is where the party ends") with Linnell as back-up, and Linnell does the verses ("It was the loveliest party") with Flans as back-up. They don't do it this way in concert, though. As for picking up on which John is which, I have this advice: just listen to Them a lot. I couldn't tell for the longest time, and I never really tried too hard. However, these days, each voice is unmistakeable to me. Again, I'm not even trying. You just sort of get conditioned to it, I suppose. Helpful hints: Linnell can sing lower and his voice is stronger, especially when he sustains it. And his accent shows up more; e.g., if he pronounces "there," it'll come out like "th-a-r," with a short "a" vowel sound (as if you were pronouncing "that" with an "r" at the end). This is especially noticeable, once again, when he sustains words. Flans, on the other hand, has a voice not as smooth as Linnell's, and more often sounds like a "regular guy" singing. If I imitate Flans singing, I just sing normal and relax; but if I imitate Linnell singing, I bare my teeth and curl out my lips as I go for that more-pronounced style of singing (doing this now as I sing "thank yoooooo for putting me bAck in my Snail She-e-e-e-e-e-e-ellllllll). Great... now I'll be doing that for the rest of the day... "lies in the bed of a self called... noWH-A-A-A-A-A-R-R-R-R-e"... (spelled here with an "a" on purpose) ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Personal mondegreen: "20-20-24 hours ago, | Protected by Guan Yu | I'm going east of Eden." | alecson@ucla.edu | I Wanna Be Sedated, by The Ramones ======================== "I wanna be sedated." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970114211238.006b08a8@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:12:42 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! >Second of all, has anyone sent Evan a shirt design? I think we are extremly >lucky to have someone with a way to print shirts handy, so I don't want >this to fall through. I'd sign one in, but I suck. Wow, that's a pretty good idea! Hey everybody! Send your ideas to me! But, one problem, I'm not going to be printing them out (though I can and I have done t-shirt transfers before), that job belongs to Christi587@aol.com who is getting them screen printed. It'll be nice. I'm just collecting designs and putting up a page so you can vote for 'em. (That is, after midterms and once I get enough designs.) I'll design one myself, and I may design other peoples who have idea but don't think they're talented enough. I've only gotten one design so far, which is Don Quixote and some windmills. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701150238.VAA13521@sable.cc.vt.edu> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:35:58 +0500 From: "Fuzzy Monk Inc." Subject: Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! At 09:12 PM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote: >>Second of all, has anyone sent Evan a shirt design? I think we are extremly >>lucky to have someone with a way to print shirts handy, so I don't want >>this to fall through. I'd sign one in, but I suck. > >Wow, that's a pretty good idea! Hey everybody! Send your ideas to me! But, >one problem, I'm not going to be printing them out (though I can and I have >done t-shirt transfers before), that job belongs to Christi587@aol.com who >is getting them screen printed. It'll be nice. I'm just collecting designs >and putting up a page so you can vote for 'em. (That is, after midterms and >once I get enough designs.) I'll design one myself, and I may design other >peoples who have idea but don't think they're talented enough. I've only >gotten one design so far, which is Don Quixote and some windmills. >-- >Evan Chakroff >The Internet Mystery Spot >http://spot.home.ml.org >This Statement Is False Please say what kind of stuff you want, the details. I never heard of any thing untill today. I would like to design one. is it just on TMBG in general? I Must Know! thanks :-) -Chris **************************************************************************** Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk chsexton@vt.edu 332 Lee Hall (540) 232-2048 Va Tech www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton Blacksburg, Va 24060-0007 **************************************************************************** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970114220541.006ebf5c@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:05:41 -0500 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701150327.WAA31330@sable.cc.vt.edu> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:25:09 +0500 From: "Fuzzy Monk Inc." Subject: Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! At 10:05 PM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote: >At 09:35 PM 1/14/97 +0500, you wrote: >>At 09:12 PM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote: >>>>Second of all, has anyone sent Evan a shirt design? I think we are extremly >>>>lucky to have someone with a way to print shirts handy, so I don't want >>>>this to fall through. I'd sign one in, but I suck. >>> >>>Wow, that's a pretty good idea! Hey everybody! Send your ideas to me! But, >>>one problem, I'm not going to be printing them out (though I can and I have >>>done t-shirt transfers before), that job belongs to Christi587@aol.com who >>>is getting them screen printed. It'll be nice. I'm just collecting designs >>>and putting up a page so you can vote for 'em. (That is, after midterms and >>>once I get enough designs.) I'll design one myself, and I may design other >>>peoples who have idea but don't think they're talented enough. I've only >>>gotten one design so far, which is Don Quixote and some windmills. >>>-- >>>Evan Chakroff >>>The Internet Mystery Spot >>>http://spot.home.ml.org >>>This Statement Is False >> >>Please say what kind of stuff you want, the details. I never heard of any >>thing untill today. I would like to design one. is it just on TMBG in >>general? I Must Know! thanks :-) >> >>-Chris >>**************************************************************************** >>Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk >> >>chsexton@vt.edu 332 Lee Hall >>(540) 232-2048 Va Tech >>www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton Blacksburg, Va >> 24060-0007 >>**************************************************************************** >Okay, next time you're only going to make a little point at the end there's no need to quote the whole friggin message. You should at least write as much new stuff as you quote. Sheesh. What kind of a loser would quote a whole message and only write like 4 lines. > > Jeff Roberts > > >"But I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now." > -They Might Be Giants > > Sorry. Oops. :-) -Chris ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970114225355.006eecbc@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:53:55 -0500 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ From: mattm@mixcom.com Message-ID: <32DC6075.29B6@mixcom.com> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:43:33 -0600 Subject: TMBG:Don't and Hotel Singles PLEASE READ! HELP! I just got a belated christmas present from my folks, it was supposed to be the (SWA) Hotel Detective, They'll need a crane, and Don't LS EP's, O Tann. and John Henry but they were out of DOn't and Hotel. does ANYONE know of someone who would be willing to sell there copy or of someplace I could get them? thanx in advance Matt ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Moo Ha Ha! Message-ID: <19970114.220350.5415.1.Gondolin@juno.com> From: gondolin@juno.com (Ryan P Gorsuch) Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 00:12:25 EST On Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:53:55 -0500 Jeff Roberts writes: >At 10:25 PM 1/14/97 +0500, you wrote: > >>At 10:05 PM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote: > >>>At 09:35 PM 1/14/97 +0500, you wrote: > >>>>At 09:12 PM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote: > >>>>>>Second of all, has anyone sent Evan a shirt design? I think we >are extremly > >>>>>>lucky to have someone with a way to print shirts handy, so I >don't want > >>>>>>this to fall through. I'd sign one in, but I suck. > >>>>> > >>>>>Wow, that's a pretty good idea! Hey everybody! Send your ideas to >me! But, > >>>>>one problem, I'm not going to be printing them out (though I can >and I have > >>>>>done t-shirt transfers before), that job belongs to >Christi587@aol.com who > >>>>>is getting them screen printed. It'll be nice. I'm just collecting >designs > >>>>>and putting up a page so you can vote for 'em. (That is, after >midterms and > >>>>>once I get enough designs.) I'll design one myself, and I may >design other > >>>>>peoples who have idea but don't think they're talented enough. >I've only > >>>>>gotten one design so far, which is Don Quixote and some windmills. > >>>>>-- > >>>>>Evan Chakroff > >>>>>The Internet Mystery Spot > >>>>>http://spot.home.ml.org > >>>>>This Statement Is False > >>>> > >>>>Please say what kind of stuff you want, the details. I never heard >of any > >>>>thing untill today. I would like to design one. is it just on >TMBG in > >>>>general? I Must Know! thanks :-) > >>>> > >>>>-Chris > >>>>**************************************************************************** > >>>>Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk > >>>> > >>>>chsexton@vt.edu 332 Lee Hall > >>>>(540) 232-2048 Va Tech > >>>>www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton Blacksburg, Va > >>>> 24060-0007 > >>>>**************************************************************************** > >>>Okay, next time you're only going to make a little point at the end >there's > >>no need to quote the whole friggin message. You should at least write >as > >>much new stuff as you quote. Sheesh. What kind of a loser would quote >a > >>whole message and only write like 4 lines. > >>> > >>> Jeff Roberts > >>> > >>> > >>>"But I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now." > >>> -They Might Be Giants > >>> > >>> > >>Sorry. > >> > >>Oops. > >> > >>:-) > >> > >>-Chris > >Ohhhh you so funny! > > >:P > > > >"But I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now." > > -They Might Be Giants > > > > HA HA! made you look! ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 00:16:35 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Which John is Which? Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 14-Jan-97 TMBG: Re: Which John is Which? by J Chen@ucla.edu > Linnell as back-up, and Linnell does the verses ("It was the loveliest > party") with Flans as back-up. They don't do it this way in concert, > though. Are you sure? I've always thought it sounded like Flans on the CD - they usually don't switch entirely like that for concerts, either... I'll have to listen again - haven't heard the actual Flood CD in a long time... ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Moo ha ha! Message-ID: <19970114.220828.5415.2.Gondolin@juno.com> From: gondolin@juno.com (Ryan P Gorsuch) Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 00:16:36 EST Shut up! and in the infamous words of our everlasting hero, Kuni "ssssooooooooo stuuuuuuupppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-14 *****************************