Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-142 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 142 Friday, 23 May 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: jjj mp3 Re: TMBG: I need help. TMBG: jjj mp3 Re: TMBG: jjj mp3 Re: TMBG: jjj mp3 Re: TMBG: jjj mp3 TMBG: need video bootleg address TMBG: Hello & Flat Old World TMBG: Meaningless arguments! TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions TMBG: Have we come this low? CAN WE NOT GET OUT OF CABBAGE TOWN I ASK YOU ALL!?!?!?!? Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions TMBG: Ruler TMBG: Seinfield Weep Day Re: TMBG: Meaningless arguments! Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions Re: TMBG: Ruler TMBG: And your knees tucked to your chin Re: TMBG: Ruler Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions NON TMBG: THE WORLD ISNT FLAT Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970522223917.009f2c60@mail.healey.com.au> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 22:44:31 +1000 From: Urban Gentleman Subject: TMBG: jjj mp3 >Subject: TMBG: older-jjj.mp3 > >hey, anyone know where the older-jjj.mp3 file on (blamo somethihng?) came >from? It's the guitar version we all know and love, studio recording (?). JJJ is where TMBG recorded heaps of shit when is Australia. I listened to it and plenty of people have it taped. There must be more mp3s out there. BYE!!! Ad. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & Ironside & & "...the 17th best band in the world" & & http://www.healey.com.au/HomePages/ad/ironside/ & &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970522112637.006c4b50@mail.vt.edu> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:26:37 -0400 From: Christopher Sexton Subject: Re: TMBG: I need help. >Any how I wondered if anyone could help me with putting a Live TMBG >recording into my computer and my webpage. The files I make are always >about 45342452 Mb and this annoys me. The live performance is TMBG at >"Live at the wireless" (JJJ radio, Australia). Its pretty cool. Hey, I use a Real Audio Encoder and make my wav's real small. Another alternitave is to find an mp3 encoder (if any one has one or knows where to get one please let me know.) Have fun ~CS ********************************************************* Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk fuzzymonk@mindless.com http://www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9705221649.AA16186@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: jjj mp3 Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:49:14 -0400 (EDT) > >hey, anyone know where the older-jjj.mp3 file on (blamo somethihng?) came > >from? It's the guitar version we all know and love, studio recording (?). > > JJJ is where TMBG recorded heaps of shit when is Australia. I listened > to it and plenty of people have it taped. There must be more mp3s out there. > > BYE!!! > Ad. What is the URL on the web that contains this older-jjj.mp3? I'd like to download it. Thanks. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970522130516.00693184@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:05:20 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: jjj mp3 At 12:49 PM 5/22/97 -0400, you wrote: >What is the URL on the web that contains this older-jjj.mp3? I'd like >to download it. You can get it from http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/ TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9705221732.AA16210@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: jjj mp3 Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:32:40 -0400 (EDT) > At 12:49 PM 5/22/97 -0400, you wrote: > >What is the URL on the web that contains this older-jjj.mp3? I'd like > >to download it. > > You can get it from http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/ > > TTYL, > > -Adam I went to this webpage, very cool. But i didn't see mention of JJJ recordings. Where are they on there? Thanks, /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970522134421.006937f4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:44:30 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: jjj mp3 At 01:32 PM 5/22/97 -0400, you wrote: > >I went to this webpage, very cool. But i didn't see mention of JJJ >recordings. Where are they on there? It's in the 'Sound Archive' section, and that file is near the bottom of the page. The URL is http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/mp3/older-jjj.mp3 TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:03:37 -0600 (CST) From: beelersj@SLU.EDU Subject: TMBG: need video bootleg address Message-id: Does anyone know Russ Josephson's address? I lost it, and I really want the video bootlegs. Thanks, Sara P.S. What's the deal with the "Giants' Positioning System" on the official web page? When they were in Australia, it was still on New York, and now that the tour is apparently over, it hovers somewhere in the upper midwest. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3384BACB.57A7@awod.com> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:29:47 -0700 From: "Frank H." Subject: TMBG: Hello & Flat Old World Let me start out by saying that I didn't recieve my hello cds for over 8 months. However I e-mailed HelloClub@aol.com and got my cds within a month of that.And now for something completely different... I don't believe this, I really don't. You've taken a complaint of mine against useless threads and not only turned *that* into a useless thread, but you've also taken a sarcastic remark within that thread and turned *THAT* into a useless thread. Are you people some sort of super-humans with the ability to create meaningless arguments out of thin air? perplexed, dalas ps- sometimes at concerts I think Linnell is staring at me, how bout you guys? (to start another been-done thread) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970522144810.00a53578@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:48:10 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Meaningless arguments! >*THAT* into a useless thread. Are you people some sort of super-humans >with the ability to create meaningless arguments out of thin air? What?!? Can *you* create meaningless arguments out of this air? Why can't I?? Why do you have to be a super-human to create meaningless threads? that would have been funnier (or would have been funny at all) had it been more extensively researched. I apologise for my super-lame attempt at a joke-that-wouldn't-have-been-funny-even-if-it-had-worked -ec Oh yeah, and stop the frigging "Flat" thread. I haven't read any of it, but I'm sure it's boring and wasting space (As I am now?) ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:30:12 EST Message-Id: <199705222030.3037000@cyberia.com> Being that we have not mentioned anything of any importance today. And... since we have not yet had any good debates recently(the guy who came up witht he flat world thing must be god awful stupid). I wish to come up with something to talk about. Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. Steve ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705221942.OAA08526@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: Have we come this low? CAN WE NOT GET OUT OF CABBAGE TOWN I ASK YOU ALL!?!?!?!? Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:33:32 -0500 > > Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their > music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans > or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. I'd hate to live in a Totalitarian Joun world. Especially if some Linnell faker was in power. HAIL "LINNEL" Mike "I may as well tatoo OZZY on my knuckles the way this list is going" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970522164236.00a55db8@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:42:36 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions >Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their >music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans >or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. Oh! I've got a great idea! Lets start a useless thread to combat another useless thread! But anyway, to have a real thread how about this: Hello people, please review the new Mono Puff stuff. I've only seen one post on this with any sort of review. -ec ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:14:03 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705222314.TAA26613@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions >Being that we have not mentioned anything of any importance today. And... >since we have not yet had any good debates recently(the guy who came up >witht he flat world thing must be god awful stupid). I wish to come up with >something to talk about. Just because you didn't get his joke(the funniest one on this list in a while, if I must say so), doesn't make him stupid. In fact, many (including myself) would claim the opposite to be true. >Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their >music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans >or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. > Flans, because of his charisma, would be the ruler, but Linnell, because of his genius, would be the puppet master behind the scenes. Marty ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 20:26:47 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <3384E447.2268@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Ruler The Christ Family wrote: > > Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their > music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans > or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. > > Steve Intially I thought Linnell(with two lls you tard) would be I guess because he's the John I perfer. Then I thought about it and realized that Flans can deal with people more. I came up with the perfect solution. Flans is ruler but Linnell is actually in control. Flans is the puppet head as it were. :*) Bye, Vera ------------------------------ From: MrShow@aol.com Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:15:09 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970522211304_-1029226165@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Seinfield Weep Day I was watching Seinfield tonight and during the show there was a scence outside with a street band and the song the band was playing sounded familar and then I relized that the song sounded a lot like like Weep Day. This probally wasn't a very good letter to send in. But hey I don't send in that many so....... ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:25:17 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Meaningless arguments! Message-ID: <19970523012541.AAA3284@default> > What?!? Can *you* create meaningless arguments out of this air? Why can't > I?? What would we talk about if there were no meaningless threads? Stuff more related to TMBG? Nah..... I actually think some of them are funny. Eric ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:25:17 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions Message-ID: <19970523012541.AAB3284@default> > Being that we have not mentioned anything of any importance today. And... > since we have not yet had any good debates recently(the guy who came up > witht he flat world thing must be god awful stupid). I wish to come up with > something to talk about. I'm pretty sure that was a joke... > Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their > music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans > or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. I think it would be a coopererative thing. Just look at them now. Flans may be the one who speaks more, but Linnell is the brains behind the operation. A TMBG ruled world would have some advantages of course. Maybe They'd get some airtime??? Eric ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 23:00:05 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970522230000_438959600@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Ruler << Intially I thought Linnell(with two lls you tard) would be I guess because he's the John I perfer. Then I thought about it and realized that Flans can deal with people more. I came up with the perfect solution. Flans is ruler but Linnell is actually in control. Flans is the puppet head as it were. >> OK... what would the Universe's economy be like if Flans was the Supreme Ruler? (i.e. Hello) Think! LINNELL IN '97!!! payed for by Tim ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 23:55:16 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705230355.XAA02869@cyber1.servtech.com> From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: And your knees tucked to your chin >If TMBG are married(?) are They going to have kids? More importantly, is Linnell or Flansburgh going to carry the baby to term? >How can we be so sure that the world is round? Because all the evidence points to it being so, and absolutely no evidence points to it being anything else. I mean, what about Occam's Razor? The Scientific Method? *LOGIC*? I don't support willful ignorance just because "people have a different way of looking at things." This is not an attack at you, BTW, just at the idea that ignorance is okay. It's not. >The Beatles did this all the time (see Glass Onion). They don't mention >other songs that much that I know of, just in that song. Also "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" in "Savoy Truffle," and "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" in "I Am The Walrus." Josh /-------------Joshua Hall-Bachner-------------Chaos Harlequin-------------\ | harlequin@tmbg.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 23:19:44 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: Re: TMBG: Ruler Message-ID: I say that Linnell's the "leader," but Flans is the central intelligence that tells Linnell exactly what to do. _Mark_ On Thu, 22 May 1997, Eeyore wrote: > The Christ Family wrote: > > > > > > Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their > > music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans > > or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. > > > > Steve > Intially I thought Linnell(with two lls you tard) would be I guess > because he's the John I perfer. Then I thought about it and realized > that Flans can deal with people more. I came up with the perfect > solution. Flans is ruler but Linnell is actually in control. Flans is > the puppet head as it were. :*) > Bye, > Vera > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970522213915.006ff8e0@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:46:51 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions At 09:25 PM 5/22/97 +0000, you wrote: >> Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their >> music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans >> or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. >I think it would be a coopererative thing. Just look at them now. >Flans may be the one who speaks more, but Linnell is the brains >behind the operation. A TMBG ruled world would have some advantages >of course. Maybe They'd get some airtime??? *sigh* This is like the 3rd e-mail saying that Linnell is smarter than Flans. People, what are you basing this assumption on? Sure, he can play more instruments. Sure, he's prolly the more lyrically talented of the two. But how does that equate to Linnell being the brains of TMBG? How do we know that Linnell is the one sitting in the War Room planning out Their careers? Surely not just because he has a gift for poetry! I think they should be co-kings! :) And you're right, with TMBG controlling the world, the airwaves would be flooded (ahem) with Them and World Happiness (which is like World Peace, only better) would start. --nicole the wonder nerd who loves Linnell as much as the next person, but honestly. *** "The words I'm saying now mean nothing more than 'meow' to an animal."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3385500C.1D7C@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 01:06:36 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: NON TMBG: THE WORLD ISNT FLAT Alright, I have decided at this time that anyone who wants to talk about flat worlds or the lack therof can e-mail me privately. Actually, I have decided this a long time ago, but I figured you people who complain about cluttering up the list with useless posts would have had some kind of impact or something. Anyway, my point is that if you wanna talk to me about the flatness of the world, e-mail me privately. Im sure if any more things about this are sent to the list (after this one) people will start to get really mad. Its probably dead now anyways. But Im just taking a precaution. The paranoid- Kevin McGuire ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-142 ******************************