Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-143 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 143 Saturday, 24 May 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless qu Re: TMBG: Johns ruling the world RE: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions TMBG: Linnel? TMBG: Linnel? Re: TMBG: Ruling the world TMBG: TMBG Video Bootlegs Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 TMBG: WBS chat? TMBG: hmmm RE: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless qu Re: TMBG: Ruling the world TMBG: Hail John! Re: TMBG: Hail John! TMBG: Jouns, Flat World, John rule the world ect... Re: TMBG: Ruling the world Re: TMBG: Ruling the world Psuedo-TMBG: Stolen CDs... TMBG: non-tmbg: WINPLAY3 Registration TMBG: Tmbg.com & Tony Millionaire TMBG: linnell is watching...where HIS eyes don't go Re: TMBG: linnell is watching...where HIS eyes don't go Re: TMBG: linnell is watching...where HIS eyes don't go Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199705230706.DAA02029@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 23 May 1997 00:37:24 EDT Subject: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless qu SK>Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their SK>music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans SK>or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. I think it would be Flans, at least as the figure head. Linnell seems like more of behind the scenes type of ruler. They'd probably make the descisions together, but Flans would come out and make the proclamations. Then, They'd have a concert. That would be cool. Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 03:47:00 -0400 Message-Id: <199705230747.DAA02702@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Johns ruling the world >I think it would be a coopererative thing. Just look at them now. >Flans may be the one who speaks more, but Linnell is the brains >behind the operation. I strongly disagree with your implication that Linnell is currently the brains behind the operation. What is your evidence for this claim? Mitch ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 97 11:11:32 UT From: "Kathy and Ryan " Message-Id: Subject: RE: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions >>>>k, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. Steve<<<<< jouns? What's a Joun? Run Everone! the Jouns are coming!!! Uh, yeah. I think Flansburgh would be the official leader whom everone loved while Linnel manipulated things from the shadows and made all the real decisions. Ryan the .sigless wonder beware of Jouns ------------------------------ From: Healfdene@aol.com Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 08:37:10 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970523083704_-1196639948@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Linnel? I was just wondering, is it pronounce Linl, or Lin-El? ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9705231349.AA16739@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Linnel? Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:49:49 -0400 (EDT) > I was just wondering, is it pronounce Linl, or Lin-El? > It's pronounced Lin-ELL but it is spelled Linnell. Flansburgh is spelled with an 'h', Linnell is spelled with 2 'l's at the end. Flansburgh & Linnell got that? And it is John, not Joun (although I think that one was a typo). Ok, let happiness commence 8-) /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:42:05 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970523104200_-1598624072@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Ruling the world I think that Linnell would be the John to rule.....not to say that Flansburg isn't world-ruler material, but Linnell is more the type, so it seems.....I don't know. I just wanted to add my 2cents since I just subscribed to this mailing list. Heh, heh, heh. You are all evermore damned to reading my comments!!!!!!!! Suzzie5808 ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson (303) 684-4722 Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:27:01 -0600 Message-Id: <199705231527.JAA03859@indian> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Video Bootlegs Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 Hello and greetings all TMBG listers! Sara requested the address to get these gems. (I've already sent out over 300 tapes so far!). So here it is--check out my web page for the complete list of what's on each tape. And does anyone have the full version of the "Tonight Show" appearance where the Tonight Show band plays along on the song "Birdhouse in your soul"? My version has the beginning cut off, and "Doc" really _cooks_ on that song. And I'm always looking for hot new & old material for Vol. 3, and then, who knows, maybe a "best of" tape. Russ WORK: HOME: Adaptec, Inc. Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 mailto:russj@btc.adaptec.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.adaptec.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:57:01 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: TMBG: WBS chat? Message-ID: So when are we going to have our next TMBG chat on WBS? I think it would be fun if there's a time when more people could visit. We talked about Sunday, I think it was 1:00 PM EST. Anyone interested? Kelley? Anyone? Are there other times that would be good? -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:25:44 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970523132543_-1163651904@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: hmmm >>If TMBG are married(?) are They going to have kids? >More importantly, is Linnell or Flansburgh going to carry the baby to term? hah! that almost made me choke on my late breakfast... > How dowe know that Linnell is the one sitting in the War Room planning out >Their careers? because i've been there? really, its got some nice decorative cacti(?) in the windows.... seriously, dont we all know that Dan Hickey has been writing tmbg's songs since day 1 and therefor is the most likely to rule the worl? why do you think he's always snarling like that and he NEVER speaks! he's just like everyones bitter uncle... the new monopuff Hello stuff is pretty cool but (flansy forgive me!!) it could be so much cooler if someone went in there and gave the tempo a kick in a$$ =p i liked the live and npr version of Felt Tip Friend much better, oh well... hal craigins stuff sounds like joshua fried had something to do with it (i dont think he did) and steve calhoons makes me want to dust off my Young Fresh Fellows album (assuming i could find it... ) And Backstabbing Lier is a neato song! Everyone should see Steve with skeleton key if they get the chance... but yikes, thats getting off topic =/ now lets hear it for brian dewans We Were Spiralling track! hehe! i know i never post but lastnight i inexplicably found myself on the wrong side of the doors to an Offspring show (because of my little sister i swear.. and incidentally she was the only one there in a Brian Dewan shirt! :) and while deffending her from fatal-head injury in the front row and adding to my collection of Mosher Bits (a shoe and a ciggerette lighter.. i dont smoke woohoo!) i realized how truly wonderful tmbg are... thanx! ~liz waiting for the day dan hickey comes out and sings the whole show.... ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:27:44 -0500 (CDT) From: The Gottschalks Subject: RE: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless questions Message-ID: I think that joun is the month coming up after this one. On Fri, 23 May 1997, Kathy and Ryan wrote: > >>>>k, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their > music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans > or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. > > Steve<<<<< > > jouns? What's a Joun? > > Run Everone! the Jouns are coming!!! > > Uh, yeah. I think Flansburgh would be the official leader whom everone loved > while Linnel manipulated things from the shadows and made all the real > decisions. > > Ryan > the .sigless wonder > beware of Jouns > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:51:44 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705231851.OAA04447@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: Re: TMBG: Senseless discussion leads to meaningless qu >I think it would be Flans, at least as the figure head. Linnell seems >like more of behind the scenes type of ruler. They'd probably make the >descisions together, but Flans would come out and make the >proclamations. Then, They'd have a concert. That would be cool. Yeah, and instead of talking during the State of The World Address, They could just play "The World's Address." Marty > > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:53:59 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199705231853.OAA04684@sumter.awod.com> From: mmtom@awod.com (Marty Tomlinson) Subject: Re: TMBG: Ruling the world >I think that Linnell would be the John to rule.....not to say that Flansburg >isn't world-ruler material, but Linnell is more the type, so it seems.....I >don't know. I just wanted to add my 2cents since I just subscribed to this >mailing list. Heh, heh, heh. You are all evermore damned to reading my >comments!!!!!!!! > >Suzzie5808 > Does anyone else think that Linnell could play a very good evil ruler-of-the world type character in a movie? I can just see him wearing all black and sitting on a big throne ordering people around. Marty ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970523145727.00a576c0@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:57:27 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Hail John! Well, if TMBG ruled the world, would they still be under contract? So, in a sense, Elektra would actually be ruling the world, therefore the world would be run by Time-Warner, which it already is! -ec ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 15:05:59 -0400 (EDT) From: taileen Subject: Re: TMBG: Hail John! Message-ID: so they still wouldn't get any airplay? On Fri, 23 May 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > Well, if TMBG ruled the world, would they still be under contract? So, in a > sense, Elektra would actually be ruling the world, therefore the world > would be run by Time-Warner, which it already is! > > -ec > ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 15:35:57 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970523153551_215991981@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Jouns, Flat World, John rule the world ect... Hello 41- I think right now we could take a line from the song Brian Dewan covers, which would be "Don't Talk When You Have Nothing To Say." Talk at best is silver, and these threads are at best granite. But silence is always golden. On another note, my stolen CDs were found. Now hopefully I'll get them soon... No need for the old Dewan. Thanks. Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 23 May 97 15:52 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Ruling the world >I think that Linnell would be the John to rule.....not to say that Flansburg >isn't world-ruler material, but Linnell is more the type, so it seems... Hrm, I'd have to say I definitely disagree. Linny doesn't even seem comfortable with the amount of fame/worship he recieves right now, let alone what he'd recieve if he became Supreme Dictator For Life. I think he and Flans would work together as a smoothly running world-ruling machine, with Flans making the speeches and stuff. And I have no idea why I'm contributing to this bizarre and pointless thread, except perhaps for the fact that I lead a bizarre and pointless life... Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 23 May 97 15:58 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Ruling the world >Does anyone else think that Linnell could play a very good evil ruler-of-the >world type character in a movie? I can just see him wearing all black and >sitting on a big throne ordering people around. Ooh, for some reason this sent little shivers down my back. I suddenly pictured Linnell as the Emperor in Return of the Jedi... Wonder if either of the Johns has ever considered acting? My guess is that they're too busy touring/writing songs... Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:07:54 -0400 Message-Id: <199705232107.RAA15815@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Psuedo-TMBG: Stolen CDs... >On another note, my stolen CDs were found. Now hopefully I'll get them >soon... No need for the old Dewan. Thanks. In related news, all the Christmas cards I write become stolen. Mitch ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 19:39:22 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970523193921_-1699624322@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: WINPLAY3 Registration Allo Listies: I accidentally lost stuff (MUCHO STUFFO) on my hard drive including WINPLAY3. So here's where you (all nice people) come in: If one of you nice *pirating* souls (without birdhouses in em) could send me the registration key and stuff, I'd be greatly appreciative. Mucho gracias, joel http://members.aol.com/yoel97/ <~~DAILY TRIVIA CONTEST http://members.aol.com/yoel97/they/ <~~THEY WEBSITE http://members.aol.com/yoel97/sun.wav <~~WDTSS? ORIGINAL (DAVE LETTERMAN) http://members.aol.com/yoel97/chia.htm <~~HOMEPAGE FOR SAVE THE CHIA PETS FOUNDATION, A MUST SEE! ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 19:50:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970523195053_-129345380@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Tmbg.com & Tony Millionaire Hey! They have been updating the Giants Positioning System!! Yesterday it had Them eating in a diner, and today it has them somewhere in Asia. I cant really tell whats happening in the picture,. I see Linnell sitting..and im pretty sure i see Flans's head but no body. I also see a bike..and a parade like thing behind them....hmmm Oh, and Mr.Tony Millionaire, cartoonist of the Hello Bird and year 2040 shirt is going to be at a comic convention June 7th and 8th at the Marriot Twin Towers in Manhattan! Jordan ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: linnell is watching...where HIS eyes don't go Message-ID: <19970523.221249.3206.27.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 00:13:53 EDT >ps- sometimes at concerts I think Linnell is staring at me, how bout you >guys? (to start another been-done thread) yes, definately... well, i use to think that until i found out that linny is nearsighted and well, since he never wears his glasses during a show i begin to wonder what he is looking at... can he see us??? >Ok, here it is.... If the two jouns were to hypnotise the world with their >music and take over the whole world, who would be the extreme ruler, flans >or Linnel? My bet is on Linnel. i think you mean Linnell but anyways, i agree with you... i definately think linnell is the evil type of person that would become the extreme ruler using flansy's help and then turn against flans and have all of us, his loyal followers (cult) go and kill flans so he could be the all tiem supreme ruler with absolutely no chance of any competition! >=) 'are you sitting or on your feet, how much cake can you eat?' love, JOrdaN (SOON TO BE BLESSING ALL YOU NEW YORKERS WITH MY PRESENCE...) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970524003135.0068e550@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 00:31:44 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: linnell is watching...where HIS eyes don't go At 12:13 AM 5/24/97 EDT, you wrote: > >yes, definately... well, i use to think that until i found out that linny >is nearsighted and well, since he never wears his glasses during a show i >begin to wonder what he is looking at... can he see us??? He's probably wearing contacts. I know several people who wear contacts in public, but wear glasses while they're at home/relaxing/etc.... -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 21:35:53 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: Re: TMBG: linnell is watching...where HIS eyes don't go Message-ID: On Sat, 24 May 1997, I have no Name wrote: > >ps- sometimes at concerts I think Linnell is staring at me, how bout you > >guys? (to start another been-done thread) > yes, definately... well, i use to think that until i found out that linny > is nearsighted and well, since he never wears his glasses during a show i > begin to wonder what he is looking at... can he see us??? Linnell has the supernatural ability to make eye contact with a roomful of people simultaneously. Many a person has attended a concert and come home thinking that Linnell stared at him the entire time, only to get on the 'net and find dozens of others reporting the same experience. As to Linnell's nearsightednes-- no one knows. Roadies say that he has very bad uncorrected eyesight, but he can evidently read a set list from 5'10" or so. In sum, who knows? --nicole the wonder nerd ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-143 ******************************