Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-148 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 148 Thursday, 29 May 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: My Hello nightmare ends. Re: TMBG: cabbagetown TMBG: Siftin' TMBG: dr. spock TMBG: The sun is a mass.... Fwd: TMBG: dr. spock TMBG: Tour / Meeting Them / Songs / Novelty Items / Hello / Singing Re: TMBG: Tour / Meeting Them / Songs / Novelty Items / Hello / Singing non-TMBG: Horde TMBG: Live songs & questions Non-TMBG: Comedy Product TMBG: frankenstien TMBG: Re: Frankenstein TMBG: Popular? TMBG: DAS Re: TMBG: Popular? TMBG: Fw: Weenie Roast Announcement!! Re: TMBG: Live songs & questions TMBG: harbor a PENGUIN Re: TMBG: DAS Re: TMBG: harbor a PENGUIN Re: TMBG: DAS TMBG: penguins, Mammals, TMBG in the classroom Re: TMBG: DAS Re: TMBG: DAS Re: A.M.TMBG: John Henry and horrible flaming deaths TMBG: Lyrics Re: TMBG: Lyrics Re: TMBG: Lyrics Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 03:03:33 -0400 (EDT) From: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! Subject: TMBG: My Hello nightmare ends. Message-ID: Well, It's over. After all of my constant harassing, the Hello club finally sent me my final five CDs and the Mono Puff Libretto. I've been bothering them for a long time now, and lately, I stepped up my assault and started calling and emailing on a near-daily basis. Marjorie Galen called my house a couple of times, but I wasn't home. She promised to email me but she never did. So I just kept on bothering them. I was especially concerned when my friend received a package from them last week containing only the final three CDs and not discs 6 and 7 which are still owed to him. However my package contained those discs, so clearly all of my nagging has paid off. The postmark says May 22, which was last Thursday, so, I am certain that they sent this stuff off just to shut me up. They didn't, as I had hoped, send me anything extra as an apology. That sucks, but, we can't all have that kind of luck. At least the autographed Libretto came in one piece. Flans used a blue marker to write in huge letters "thank you! John F" with the O in John turned into a face wearing glasses. When I was opening the envelope, all I saw was the K in Thank and I was certain for a moment that because of my nagging, he had actually written FUCK YOU, but, alas, that was not to be. In any case, I now have all ten of the Hello CDs, but let us never forget how totally screwed up the Hello club became, with endless delays stretching into infinity, and some of the scheduled discs being scrapped entirely. We'll never hear the Gordon Gano or Hello Family Back To School discs, for some reason, since they were never issued. I like Hall Of Mayors, though it meanders, but the track House Of Mayors is just superb. The Mono Puff CDs are interesting, sounding little like Unsupervised but in line with the flexible, genre-bending tone of the group's music. Much of the Hal Cragin Years EP sounds like 70's Blaxploitation music, with a sort of crunchy funk beat underneath everything. I like both Mono Puff EPs, but, so far, I don't like them as much as the previous MP work. Still, it's neat-o, I'm not complaining. I still feel kind of screwed that one of the first five of the 1996 EPs was nothing more than the Unsupervised album...the 1996 package is a fairly lacklustre collection overall, and, probably the worst of all of them. I wish I had subscribed from the beginning, so I'd have the real Hello gems, but, I was too cheap. I'll always regret it. So that's it, I can't bother Hello any more. It was sort of becoming my raison d'etre, it was my quest, and now, well, I have nothing on them any more. I'm sure I have burned all my bridges with Marjorie and maybe even Flans, but, that's the way it has to be I guess. I paid for the CDs and I just wanted to finally get them. Now I have, so, I'll shut the fuck up. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* come visit Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour! --->www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy AND: Check out the new webzine JournalX at www.journalx.com *-----------------------------* "Sugar is granulated happiness. It's a friend." --David Lynch ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:29:45 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: cabbagetown Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-May-97 TMBG: cabbagetown by Matthew James@sloth.loyo > I think I remember them playing Cabbagetown in concert somehwere but I > know they played Siftin' which is pretty cool, too! did they actually ever *play* Siftin', or was it just used on a taped intro (like Lady is a Tramp has been used lately) I know Linnell is talented, but I didn't think he could play 3 saxophones and a keyboard at the same time.... (maybe when the full band came along and Kurt Hoffman played another sax, they could do a decent version of it...) ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9705281509.AA19892@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Siftin' Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:09:50 -0400 (EDT) > Matthew James@sloth.loyo > > I think I remember them playing Cabbagetown in concert somehwere but I > > know they played Siftin' which is pretty cool, too! > > did they actually ever *play* Siftin', or was it just used on a taped > intro (like Lady is a Tramp has been used lately) > > I know Linnell is talented, but I didn't think he could play 3 > saxophones and a keyboard at the same time.... (maybe when the full band > came along and Kurt Hoffman played another sax, they could do a decent > version of it...) Ahh, you are right, I believe it was a taped version, but it was at a live concert! 8-) -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: dr. spock Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:32:00 -0700 on the dr. spock's backup band bootleg tmbg plays a cover of a song by the Edgar Winner's group. or somethinng like that. i don't know what the band is called. but does anyone know what the name of that song is? brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ From: Callag@NORTHRYDE.VODAFONE.vodafone.telememo.au Date: 29 May 1997 03:29:49 +1000 Message-ID: <000E506C.MAI*/S=Callag/O=VODAFONE/OU=NORTHRYDE/PRMD=vodafone/ADMD=telememo/C=au@MHS> Subject: TMBG: The sun is a mass.... Hey all, Ya know, WDTSS is a great song to be singing at 3.30 in the morning when you're doing a night shift. Why, I don't hear you ask? Well, at this time of the night it really does become a pertenant question. Not so much as to Why does the sun shine, but more Is the damn thing gonna actually be there again????? Sorry, a combination of too much chocolate and sleep deprivation make Andrew go crazy... Andrew C ------------------------------ From: Moniquaaaa@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:57:46 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970528135743_977978718@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: Fwd: TMBG: dr. spock The song is called Frankenstein. --------------------- Forwarded message: From: brensink@bham.wednet.edu (Rensink, Brenden BHS) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Reply-to: brensink@bham.wednet.edu (Rensink, Brenden BHS) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (list) Date: 97-05-28 13:27:24 EDT on the dr. spock's backup band bootleg tmbg plays a cover of a song by the Edgar Winner's group. or somethinng like that. i don't know what the band is called. but does anyone know what the name of that song is? brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970528150024.00954390@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:00:24 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Tour / Meeting Them / Songs / Novelty Items / Hello / Singing Why don't They tour with any big touring tour thing? (Such as Lollappallooza, HORDE, or Ozzfest, hehe) Do they not get invited to such things, or would they not want the publicity involved with performing next to other, shitty, popular bands? All this talk about meeting Them on the street has made me think... do they ever get "Hey, you sing that "Particle Man" song, right?" and then I figured out the answer.... of course not! they wouldn't be recognised by someone who would be that unfamiliar with the band (as they only put their pictures on older singles...) If I were asked to suggest three songs for them to play in concert I would have to ask for Counterfeit Fake (The one on "Then", not "Faker"). It would be interesting to see them all improvise the song... For the other two I'd just ask for ones they'd already played in the set, but "with more feeling." My fav TMBG novelty item would have to be the Limited Edition Edison Museum EP (released in very limited quantities, only available on wax cylinder) > It's over. After all of my constant harassing, the Hello club >finally sent me my final five CDs and the Mono Puff Libretto. I've been Well, if all you have to do is pay and constantly nag, then sign me up! Anyone have any "I paid Hello, and they send everything immediately, to my complete satisfaction" stories? Is it just me or does it seem like the Johns aren't incredibly good singers? Did either of them ever sing in a choir (school/church)? In "Pet Name" I notice JF's voice kinda (word? waver, wobble, uh...). (Then again who in The World Of Rock is a good singer?) That would've worked better with footnotes, but I hate when people do that =) -ec ------------------------------ From: "Cyborg J. Kucera" Message-Id: <199705281923.OAA23758@peter.atw.earthreach.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour / Meeting Them / Songs / Novelty Items / Hello / Singing Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 14:23:10 -0500 (CDT) > Why don't They tour with any big touring tour thing? (Such as > Lollappallooza, HORDE, or Ozzfest, hehe) Do they not get invited to such > things, or would they not want the publicity involved with performing next > to other, shitty, popular bands? I think perhaps that it's more of an attitude of not wanting to deal with huge venues like that... TMBG strikes me as the kind of band that likes playing in small, more intimate settings better... I think a lot of their genius would be lost on a huge stage in front of hundreds of people who won't be able to tell that Linnell's really looking straight at them... [1] borg [1] And just because a band's popular doesn't mean that they're "shitty"... Remember that TMBG are starting to become more popular than they used to be, too... And I happen to love most of the bands who are gonna be at Lollapallooza... [2] [2] And HA! I used FOOTNOTES! PpPpPPppppPPPPpPPPPpPPpppPpPPpppPppP! [3] [3] (Obligatory Raspberry) Cyborg "Pez" Kucera - http://www.earthreach.com/~pez - pez@earthreach.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970528125654.00686d4c@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:57:00 -0700 From: Nicole Carlson Subject: non-TMBG: Horde At 03:00 PM 5/28/97 -0400, you wrote: >Why don't They tour with any big touring tour thing? (Such as >Lollappallooza, HORDE, or Ozzfest, hehe) Do they not get invited to such >things, or would they not want the publicity involved with performing next >to other, shitty, popular bands? Shpeaking of which... Anyone know if this HORDE thingy (it's a big festival, right?) will be visiting the Northern CA area? I'd hate to miss my chance at Ben Folds Five and Squirrel Nut Zippers. --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: PROFITEERS@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:29:19 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970528172823_-1364540455@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Live songs & questions Well here are the ones that someone said haven't been played live.... >>Pencil Rain, Stand on Your Own Head, >>Stormy Pinkness, Ant, Minimum Wage, Letterbox, Hot Cha, Women & Men, >>Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love, Road Movie to Berlin, I'm Def, Which >>Describes How Your Feeling, Welcome to the Jungle, I Blame You, Moving >>to the Sun, Narrow Your Eyes, Hall of Heads, Hypnotist of Ladies, Space >>Suit, various Fingertips, Ondine, Mrs Train, A Self Called Nowhere, >>Terhmostat,Window, The Bells are Ringing Well, Minimum Wage was played on the Flood tour and was an audience participation song. Road Movie to Berlin was played esp. 88-89. Narrow your Eyes has been played on the Apollo tour and maybe once or twice since. Space Suit has been played both before Apollo tour and during. Ondine has been played and of course Self Called Nowhere, Thermostat, & Window all have been played seeing as they have done John Henry album in sequence already. So that narrows that list down. Questions.... 1. Fav shirt - The Old longsleeve Brooklyn's Ambassadors of Love shirt. Flood tour. Although the FEZ's they sold were the coolest! 2. Fav Hat - Well, I like the cartoon TMBG that says "Building better music" with the constructions motif. 3. Fav Novelty - my TMBG jockstrap, thew support a shy guy can appreciate! and how about.... 4. Fav Poster - The melting snowman poster from the Pink album tour. Its all in German and super cool, although all of the German tour posters are awesome. Todd ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:39:43 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970528173835_-330115805@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: Non-TMBG: Comedy Product Do any of you know the name of the band that sings the theme song on the Comedy Central Show "Comedy Product"? ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: frankenstien Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:05:00 -0700 does anyone have music to this song? brendn - nednerb ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970528184550.007b5ec0@computek.net> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 18:45:51 -0500 From: Chris Subject: TMBG: Re: Frankenstein here is the song "Frankenstein" live in Chicago. http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/wav/tdk/mp3/franken.mp3 you need an mp3player to make it work which you get at http://www.mpeg3.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:32:47 -0400 From: Eeyore Message-ID: <338CCEAF.21BD@haven.ios.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Popular? Beth Connell wrote: > OBTHEY: We were having a discussion in the car on the way to a Mem. Day > party today about whether or not They is a well-known band. I mentioed 2 > or the 3 shows I've seen them in were sold out, and lots others sell out, > too. > Based on this and other discussion, we decided they're a fairly big band, > yet small enough that while a good deal of the general so-called > 'alternative' populace probably at least knows they exsist, a lot of > other people would be clueless. IthinkmyfriendOlenputitbestwhenhesaidthatTheyarethemostpopularunpopularband.Understand?I'msorrythisissoshmushedup,butforsomezanyreasonmyspacebarisn'tworking. Bye, Vera ------------------------------ Message-ID: <338CD035.3543@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:39:17 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: TMBG: DAS Yaaay! I FINALLY called Dial-A-Song for the first time ever... (I would call more often but I'm on the other side of the continent) and I got some song about refrigerator doors... can anyone help with the name of this one? -- Vladimir Drakul ******************************************************************* *"Genius survives; all else is claimed by death." * * -Milton * * * *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * * -John Stange * * * *"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive." * * -George Hartnell * * * *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * * -TMBG * * * *"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!!" * * -John Flansburgh * * * *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * * -Carl Sagan * ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970528204639.00942970@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:46:39 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Popular? >> Based on this and other discussion, we decided they're a fairly big band, >> yet small enough that while a good deal of the general so-called >> 'alternative' populace probably at least knows they exsist, a lot of >> other people would be clueless. >IthinkmyfriendOlenputitbestwhenhesaidthatTheyarethemostpopularunpopularband .Understand?I'msorrythisissoshmushedup,butforsomezanyreasonmyspacebarisn'two rking. As much as I love seeing some people trying to save precious bandwidth... Anyway, I think Their popularity really depends on your definition... If you mean "how many people like them" like, say... Bush would be considered popular. Or, like Julio Iglesias popular... how many people have heard of them, or a song by them... So, I wouldn't say they've got "Bush flavor" popularity, but they do have "Julio flavor" popularity.... you can go up to people (around here anyway..) and scream "They Might Be Giants" and get a lot of "yeah, particle man.." "hehe istanbul... they're funny" In conclusion, I forget what I was talking about. I probably said something of value.... -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705290058.TAA27886@dfw-ix15.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: TMBG: Fw: Weenie Roast Announcement!! Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:58:17 -0700 Thought you Squirrel nut zipper heads and mighty might bostonites and Reel Big Fishers in SoCal might be interested in this concert upcoming... Great lineup | JUST ANNOUNCED ON KROQ: | --Kroq Weenie Roast and Luau.-- | -Irvine Meadows, CA. Saturday June 14th, 1997. | -Tickets on sale: TBA | -Price: TBA | | -Line-Up: | +THE CURE | +ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN | +OASIS | +The Offspring | +Mighty Mighy Bosstones | +The Wallflowers | +Social Distortion | +RADIOHEAD | +Reel Big Fish | +Foo Fighters | +Third Eye Blind | +Squirrel Nut Zippers | +The Chemical Brothers ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199705290105.UAA10602@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Live songs & questions Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:05:33 -0500 (EST) Todd Van Hammond writes: > > Ondine has been played and of course Self Called Nowhere, Thermostat, > & Window all have been played seeing as they have done John Henry > album in sequence already. > Not to mention the pre-John henry mini-tour, where some of these songs got their earliest performances. m@t ------------------------------ Message-ID: <338CA07C.23B7@baka.com> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:15:40 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: TMBG: harbor a PENGUIN Is anyone else out there absolutely, entirely sure that the line in Become a Robot is "here's hoping you don't harbor a penguin" and not harbor a wishnik as it says in the lyrics booklet of Then? I've listened countless times, and I can think of know way my admittedly skewed mind could ever hear "Wishnik" in that word which sounds to me entirely like "penguin". AM I crazy? And while we're at it, what is a wishnik? Is it anything like a beatnik? Or a bolshevik? Thanks for your time. This post was really pointless, but this is disturbing me. -- "You didn't like school, you knew you were nobody's fool"-Pink Floyd Jonah, father to a sister of a thought ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970528211705.006b2c18@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:17:05 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: DAS That sounds like it might be 'Feel Good Sublet', which is the only song I've heard on DAS too. :> TTYL, -Adam At 05:39 PM 5/28/97 -0700, you wrote: >Yaaay! I FINALLY called Dial-A-Song for the first time ever... (I would call more often >but I'm on the other side of the continent) and I got some song about refrigerator >doors... can anyone help with the name of this one? /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:23:53 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970528212349_405541446@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: harbor a PENGUIN I most definitely think that it says "harbor a penguin" and I don't know what a wishnik is or what it could possibly have to do with penguins or robots. SUZZIE5808 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970528203828.007b1db0@computek.net> Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:38:36 -0500 From: Chris Subject: Re: TMBG: DAS At 05:39 PM 5/28/97 -0700, you wrote: >Yaaay! I FINALLY called Dial-A-Song for the first time ever... (I would call more often >but I'm on the other side of the continent) and I got some song about refrigerator >doors... can anyone help with the name of this one? > it could be the song "Kitchen Door" that was on a 5 song demo tape. ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199705290141.UAA13355@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: TMBG: penguins, Mammals, TMBG in the classroom Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:41:45 -0500 (EST) SUZZIE5808 writes: > > I most definitely think that it says "harbor a penguin" and I don't know what > a wishnik is or what it could possibly have to do with penguins or robots. > My ears have always told me "penguin" (although the link between penguins and robots seems tenuous, at best...) On another seemingly unrelated note, I played "Mammal" today for my bioanthropology class, after a lecture on the subject of mammalian traits. One of the women in the class applauded:-) m@t ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 22:05:17 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: DAS Message-ID: On Wed, 28 May 1997, vlad_drakul wrote: > Yaaay! I FINALLY called Dial-A-Song for the first time ever... (I would call more often > but I'm on the other side of the continent) and I got some song about refrigerator > doors... can anyone help with the name of this one? > It is most likely "Feel Good Sublet," as others have said. But here I chime in with the lyrics that you speak of, which are "dont use the stove, refrigerator, or doors." Next summer when i will have to sublet my space, I'm going to use bits of this song. If anyone recognizes it for what it is, as in the song, then i will know they are cool and can be allowed to live in my place... Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html "I did act my way out of a paper bag. So there! Take that, nay-sayers!" -Dave Foley ------------------------------ Message-ID: <8nXEFCy00WB=0y04E0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 00:21:34 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: DAS Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-May-97 Re: TMBG: DAS by Queen Sneepy@indiana.edu > It is most likely "Feel Good Sublet," as others have said. But here I > chime in with the lyrics that you speak of, which are "dont use the > stove, refrigerator, or doors." oh, it said *use*... and all this time, I would hear it and thought it said "don't lose the stove, refrigerator, or door." (that's probably going on some web page of misquoted lyrics, now...) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:40:59 PST Subject: Re: A.M.TMBG: John Henry and horrible flaming deaths Message-ID: <19970528.214556.12030.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Not just not JH but, a lot of other stuff like Fingertips. Josh Nielsen On Wed, 28 May 1997 19:20:06 -0400 Jim Stein writes: >Anyone else pick up on the many references to car wrecks on John >Henry? > >- Subliminal: "As I got hit by a car... As I went thru the >windshield..." >- Sleeping In The Flowers: The whole drunk driving motif >- Nyquil Driver: Falling asleep at the wheel >- The End Of The Tour: The pretty solid interpretation of a teenage >drunk driving accident > >(Rather coincidentally, I was just d/l'ing some Dial-A-Song Online and >began listening to Breeze while typing this message... "A car drove >out >of its garage and killed many couples kissing on the beach..." >eerie...) > >What's going on here? > >- Jim Stein > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:50:02 PST Subject: TMBG: Lyrics Message-ID: <19970528.215004.12030.2.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Does anyone know for sure know what he says in the backgorund of WMIBS? It is something like "... babies raped and frezzing you ... school's out, only women bleed, million dollar baby". Are they references to Alice Cooper songs (school's out)? Josh Nielsen ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970529011118.006abe98@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 01:11:18 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Lyrics It's: Welcome to my nightmare/dead babies/raped and freezin'/you drive me nervous/elected/generation landslide/under my wheels/muscle of love/school's out/only women bleed/billion dollar babies (I got this from the John Henry liner notes, btw) I know a couple of those are songs are Alice Cooper...I guess it's safe to assume that they all are. TTYL, -Adam At 09:50 PM 5/28/97 PST, you wrote: >Does anyone know for sure know what he says in the backgorund of WMIBS? >It is something like "... babies raped and frezzing you ... school's >out, only women bleed, million dollar baby". Are they references to >Alice Cooper songs (school's out)? >Josh Nielsen > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199705290528.AAA18137@dfw-ix1.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Lyrics Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 22:27:59 -0700 I believe it's the tracklist of the "Billion Dollar Babies" album. ---------- | From: Adam Tyner | To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org | Subject: Re: TMBG: Lyrics | Date: Wednesday, May 28, 1997 10:11 PM | | It's: | | Welcome to my nightmare/dead babies/raped and freezin'/you drive me | nervous/elected/generation landslide/under my wheels/muscle of | love/school's out/only women bleed/billion dollar babies | | (I got this from the John Henry liner notes, btw) | | I know a couple of those are songs are Alice Cooper...I guess it's safe to | assume that they all are. | | TTYL, | | -Adam | | At 09:50 PM 5/28/97 PST, you wrote: | >Does anyone know for sure know what he says in the backgorund of WMIBS? | >It is something like "... babies raped and frezzing you ... school's | >out, only women bleed, million dollar baby". Are they references to | >Alice Cooper songs (school's out)? | >Josh Nielsen | > | > | /----=========================================================----\ | http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ | The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! | ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-148 ******************************