Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-156 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 156 Friday, 6 June 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: List of TMBG Characters TMBG: Tee's Freeze Mix of SEXXY Re: TMBG: Re: List of TMBG Characters TMBG: singles, dreams, questions and things. TMBG: non-tmbg: A sad loss TMBG Then in OZ and Re:TMBG: singles... TMBG: Ordering from tmbg.org TMBG: non-tmbg: A sad loss Re:TMBG: non-tmbg: a sad loss TMBG: People pic Re: TMBG: singles Re: TMBG: New CDs?\\ Re: TMBG: New CDs?\\ TMBG: I'm outta here TMBG:Elektera B-sides Compilation (Yet Again...) TMBG: Polk, Robin TMBG: same guy...new name! Re: TMBG:Elektera B-sides Compilation (Yet Again...) TMBG: New TMBG Album: 'Matt's Life Savings' TMBG: Yes. Re: TMBG: how good is the 'official' TMBG site with product orders? TMBG: power rangers TMBG: superfueled freaksicle = THEN??? Re: TMBG: superfueled freaksicle = THEN??? TMBG: TMBG.COM!!!! TMBG: .wavs non-TMBG: Marty Tomlinson/Garit1997 TMBG: Random Notes Re: TMBG: .wavs TMBG: NON: Gravel Pit TMBG: New TMBG Album: 'Matt's Life Savings' Re: TMBG: TMBG.COM!!!! Re: TMBG: TMBG.COM!!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 01:10:52 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199706050610.BAA19310@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: TMBG: Re: List of TMBG Characters >I thought the Ulgliness Men were totally different people. "You have to >try on this bag so the UGLINESS MEN can decide if you're just as >embarrassing as we think." I believe it is singular -- Ugliness Man. Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970605022456.006abeb4@awod.com> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 02:24:56 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Tee's Freeze Mix of SEXXY Hey, I was playing around on crux.org and found a Tee's Freeze Mix of SEXXY (from the import SEXXY single)... 28.8 stereo: http://www.crux.org/scripts/crux/green/liz22097_288.ram ISDN stereo: http://www.crux.org/scripts/crux/green/liz22097_isdn.ram There are some comments on how the DJ loves the band and talks about the band for a bit before the song starts. Start RealAudio around the 5 minute mark... This mix isn't as bad as the dance mix on the domestic SEXXY single...they do more than repeat 'SEXXY' for 10 minutes... It's basically just the album version with funkier music. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970605022849.006b04f4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 02:28:49 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: List of TMBG Characters At 01:10 AM 6/5/97 -0500, you wrote: > >I believe it is singular -- Ugliness Man. (looks at Flood liner notes) Nope, it's plural. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339755A0.598D@cyllene.uwa.edu.au> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 17:11:12 -0700 From: Ewing Subject: TMBG: singles, dreams, questions and things. hi all, I think it would be cool if Electra released a collection of all the singles but all separatly. Sorry thats not very clear. Like a box with all the singles separately inside. Like the Smashing Pumpkins "The Plane flies high(?)". Only problem is that it would be pricy and few would buy it. Talking TMBG dreams, the other night I had one where They were sitting at the back of a toy store signing basketballs. I got Them to sign my back but then I couldn't see it and it rained (inside) so it got washed off. Crazy. I have three [3] questions, [1] Does anyone know what guitar effects TMBG use or what other guitar related stuff they use? You may like to reply by private mail to avoid boring people. [2] Is that ghostly sound in JKP a saw (like a wood cutting thing) being played with a violin bow? [3] Have any other Australian TMBG fans tried ordering singles from local record stores before? Any Perth TMBG fans in existance? Well thanks all you nice people. TOm. tewing@geocities.com ------------------------------ From: Callag@NORTHRYDE.VODAFONE.vodafone.telememo.au Date: 05 Jun 1997 20:03:03 +1000 Message-ID: <000ECD8B.MAI*/S=Callag/O=VODAFONE/OU=NORTHRYDE/PRMD=vodafone/ADMD=telememo/C=au@MHS> Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: A sad loss Hi all, I've just heard confirmed earlier today that they pulled the body of Jeff Buckley was taken out of Memphis Harbour. He had been missing for a week after being last seen either going into or falling into (I've heard various reports) the Mississippi River. For thos eof youi who don't know, Jeff had an incredibly beautiful album released a few years ago called "Grace". The first single from that album, Last Goodbye, would have to be the definative song to listen to if you're either in the process of a break up or you've just broken up with someone. This is our last goodbye I hate to see the love between us die But it's over Just hear this and then I'll go You gave me much more, more than you'll ever know I'm sorry to post this to the list, I just wanted to share the news with those who may know his work, or for those of you who may be interested in listening to it Thanks for your time Andrew Callaghan (ps. Dana, I thought you might like to read this too. Pudding) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 23:22:07 +1000 (EST) Message-Id: <199706051322.XAA27772@corinna.its.utas.edu.au> From: slbrown@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Brownie) Subject: TMBG Then in OZ and Re:TMBG: singles... >[1] Does anyone know what guitar effects TMBG use or what other guitar >related stuff they use? You may like to reply by private mail to avoid >boring people. Me too, me too!!! (translated as: "I would very much like to recieve this information as well so if people knowledgable in this area could kindly email me with the above requested information as well it would be most appreciated) >[3] Have any other Australian TMBG fans tried ordering singles from >local record stores before? Any Perth TMBG fans in existance? I've had enough trouble ordering Then. How have other Aussies got this (note that I don't own a credit card so CDnow isn't an option)? Brownie... --------------------------- tear here ----------------------------------------- Bad Recipe (courtesy Plonk): 1: Get five pounds of raw meat 2: Leave in sun for five days 3: Eat ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3396CB0E.5180@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 08:19:58 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: Ordering from tmbg.org I ordered the video compilation early this year. About two months later I got my check returned with a letter saying that it was out of stock. But they sent a couple of free TMBG stickers! Russ -- WORK: HOME: Adaptec, Inc. Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 mailto:russj@btc.adaptec.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.adaptec.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706051413.AA25230@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: A sad loss Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 10:13:58 -0400 (EDT) > I've just heard confirmed earlier today that they pulled the body of Jeff > Buckley was taken out of Memphis Harbour. He had been missing for a week > after being last seen either going into or falling into (I've heard various > reports) the Mississippi River. For thos eof youi who don't know, Jeff had > an incredibly beautiful album released a few years ago called "Grace". The > first single from that album, Last Goodbye, would have to be the definative > song to listen to if you're either in the process of a break up or you've > just broken up with someone. > The report from WHFS was that Jeff went swimming in the Mississippi near Memphis on May 30 and people sometime yesterday or maybe the day before found his body floating in the river, navel pierced with the same clothes he had been last spotted in. There initially was some confusion as to whether it was really him since he was just missing but now they believe it to be him. He was 30 years old. They played 'This is our Last Goodbye' (I thinik that's the name of the song onthe radio this morning) and they are going to have a special _Just Passing Through_ on 99.1 WHFS Sunday night in rememberance of him. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706051446.XAA10406@inetnif.niftyserve.or.jp> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 23:02:00 +0900 From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2YwZkJnPXUbKEI=?= Subject: Re:TMBG: non-tmbg: a sad loss >I've just heard confirmed earlier today that they pulled the body of Jeff >Buckley was taken out of Memphis Harbour. He had been missing for a week >after being last seen either going into or falling into (I've heard various >reports) the Mississippi River. For thos eof youi who don't know, Jeff had >an incredibly beautiful album released a few years ago called "Grace". The >first single from that album, Last Goodbye, would have to be the definative >song to listen to if you're either in the process of a break up or you've >just broken up with someone. >I'm sorry to post this to the list, I just wanted to share the news with >those who may know his work, or for those of you who may be interested in >listening to it The news greatly saddens me. I've always thought that Jeff was a remarkable talent, ever since his debut album "live at Sin-e" came out. And also, he was one of the few artists I know of who were extremely talented over two generations. For those of you who don't know, Jeff's father Tim Buckley was a singer who released 9 albums in the 60's and 70's (three live albums have been released posthumously, years after his death in 75) and made use of a most extraordinar y voice to make music that varied from folk to free form jazz to proto-funk. Although his music is very different from TMBG, he has always been one of my favorites. (Perchance a connection would be the dread word "quirky"????????) Daisuke Nakai PXD07057@niftyserve.or.jp ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:04:52 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970605130449_157239340@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: People pic > has anybody checked the People website (do they >have one?) for it? Is it on anyone's page? I just bought the issue yesterday ($3 for a pic of tmbg. maaaaan am I devoted..), and I'll scan it after I check out the one on the People site (I'll scan it at a higher res). the only problem is I don't have anywhere to upload it (where I _do_ have webspace, on my other AOL screen name, nothing on that one is loading properly.. :\), so you guys will have to email me for jpg's of it. btw - what is up with the digest? I couldn't open it in claris works like I have been, and there's all these little boxes on the left side.. sarah:) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970605140959.006ad3ec@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 14:09:59 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: singles At 05:11 PM 6/5/97 -0700, you wrote: >hi all, > I think it would be cool if Electra released a collection of all the >singles but all separatly. Sorry thats not very clear. Like a box with >all the singles separately inside. Like the Smashing Pumpkins "The Plane >flies high(?)". Only problem is that it would be pricy and few would buy >it. I'd prefer for a compilation like Misc. T because people who already have most of the Elektra era singles (in other words, not me... :-) would be pretty disappointed to have to spend $30-$40 or whatever just to round out their collection, plus it would leave them with a bunch of duplicates. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706051834.AA25350@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: New CDs?\\ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:34:07 -0400 (EDT) > Why? Itd be entirely realistic to sell all of the elektra b-sides. For > one, people like me who have a hard time getting all the singles cause > the record stores only carry crap would buy it. For two, all of the > extremely die hard fans who already own all the singles anyway would buy > it, just to keep the "I have ALL their albums!!!!" thing going. So it > would do about as good as any other TMBG album, and They dont even have > to do any real work on it, elektra just has to pump out the cds. > Damnit, I want this CD!!! Can any of you tell? Ive rationalized > everything all the way out. Because it's been going on for seemingly years now and there has been no mention of it coming into being. I mean, how long before it's just dead? I'd be almost willing to bet my life savings (which ain't much! ;) that the new album won't be called neither Thing nor Insect Hospital. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706051904.OAA08010@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: New CDs?\\ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:54:22 -0500 > Because it's been going on for seemingly years now and there has been > no mention of it coming into being. I mean, how long before it's just > dead? I'd be almost willing to bet my life savings (which ain't much! > ;) that the new album won't be called neither Thing nor Insect Hospital. > /Matt > Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu > Loyola College in Baltimore, MD It would be funny if it were called "MATT'S LIFE SAVINGS", but then again, that's just me. Mike "I wish I were a recording star" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:53:28 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: I'm outta here Message-ID: Hey all-- Well, after currently wading through 500 messages in my inbox (and another box created by my server because the inbox was too big), I've decided that I must leave this list for the rest of the summer (I'm on some others, but this one seems to be the highest traffic of the bunch). I know, I know...you're all just broken up about this, but it must be done. And hey...I'll be back in August, so it's not that long. Dry your tears, all. Oh yes, and if you feel the need to e-mail me, as always it's wt3@cec.wustl.edu. See y'all around, and keep on keepin' on. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu http://www.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/tmbgsurvey.html ---the official TMBG list survey page ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:03:58 PST Subject: TMBG:Elektera B-sides Compilation (Yet Again...) Message-ID: <19970605.180359.10102.1.Ohlert@juno.com> From: ohlert@juno.com (Peter Ohlert) I'd be interesting in seeing some stats on what The B-side compilation would be like. Ok Elektra EPs: (# of songs does not include tracks that are directly from the album) Istanbul (3 songs) I Palindrome I (3 songs) The Guitar (6 songs) (? are all 3 guitar tracks remixes or is one of them the album track, I've never been able to get a copy) The Statue Got Me High (2 songs) Why Does the Sun Shine? (4 songs) Back to Skull (4 songs) Sexxy (4 songs) This brings the current total to: 26 Original songs: 19 Remixes: 7 If someone could email me all the track times, I want to find out how long the cd would be now. What I fear is that its coming dangerously close to 74 minutes. Not to mention the fact that there is going to be at LEAST 1 more EP before it would be released. (Whatever the 1st single off their next album is.) I'm thinking that elektra might not count WDTSS b/c it contains all original music and is therefore not a B-side (I think it is still in print, I've seen it in a lot of places, but I'm not 100% sure.) Additonally the 2 songs from The Stature Got Me High single were re-released on THEN in slightly different versions (correct me if im wrong..were they the same ones?) (The songs being:Which describes how your feeling (demo) and I'm def) I just dont want to see any tracks NOT get off the eps and onto a compliation..... Any other comments, feelings. (track times...?) Peter ohlert@juno.com ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:14:08 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970605181407_1376438835@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Polk, Robin >Well, not to bring up the "Which Polk is better" discussion again (but I >guess I just did :) I think the singing saw would be a better addition if >it was more in tune... but since it's not, I like the "la" part better. [1] I agree - it's all the articulation. The la-la-la part meshes well with the verses whereas the saw is so legato you can't even tell where the bloody thing changes notes. gotta love that surfy drumming on the new one, however... >Speaking of John Henry's liner notes, anyone else notice that Robin >Goldwasser appears in the Ground Crew? I wonder what that means? You know the picture of the tower in the liner notes of the Mono Puff CD that has the credits spewing out of it? The base of the tower says "4 R G", and the liner notes say Rolf Conant is responsible for some of the artwork, so I wonder if RG is Robin Goldwasser and Flans is very subtly dedicating the album to his wife . But isn't Flans's wife a Robyn with a Y, not an I? the world may neer know... moose and we'll race to the bottom of a glass, so narrow your eyes ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:12:13 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970605181212_-295768797@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: same guy...new name! Hey all! It's your friendly neighborhood TIM here to tell you that he finally got Juno! IT is great... for any that use the internet for JUST e-mail... it is a must... I use it because I don't want my AOL mail box to fill up if I don't log on... so you can now get me at Mr.Train@juno.com... I'll send the list an e-mail from that address once my subscription is confirmed... It also gives you a snazzy sig option that puts it on the bottom of every letter you send out... better than opening write and copying and pasting from there to AOL... so here one last time is my sig file... I don't think I got all the way through the 50 fun theings to do on an elevator... oh well... here it is... /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ < Miscellaneous Tim > < AKA > < TMB(do)G > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > < 4. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly. > < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > < -The Connells > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970605190534.00978820@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 19:05:34 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG:Elektera B-sides Compilation (Yet Again...) You said there were 26 tracks total off all the EPs, not counting wdtss? and album tracks. 7 were remixes. Back when there was an official release date for SF (october last year? release date was jan/feb IIRC) It was going to be a two-disc set, with "selected" b-sides, and some new material. I'd assume this would mean they'd include all the original songs from the EPs, and maybe one or two remixes (such as Larger Than Life)... cutting out some of the guitar remixes, for example. I assume the "new" material they mentioned would be the 7 tracks cut from FS. Or maybe they meant live tracks, who knows? At any rate... if they were planning on putting new material on SF, then that is pretty much out, seeing as how those 7 recorded tracks are being saved for _Matt's Life Savings_ (AKA Thing, Insect Hospital, Nursing Home Game Room, etc.) Personally, I think it would be great to have a 26 track compilation. -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706052246.RAA11197@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: New TMBG Album: 'Matt's Life Savings' Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:36:27 -0500 > At any rate... if they were planning on putting new material on SF, then > that is pretty much out, seeing as how those 7 recorded tracks are being > saved for _Matt's Life Savings_ (AKA Thing, Insect Hospital, Nursing Home > Game Room, etc.) > > Personally, I think it would be great to have a 26 track compilation. > > -ec I hope that when i finally get a copy of Matt's Life Savings, the stinking lyrics book will be included. Mike "Trying to get people to call the next album Matt's Life Savings so the newbies get confused" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33975175.4F9D@geocities.com> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 16:53:25 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: TMBG: Yes. Yes, due to popular demand, I have clipped my sig significantly. No pun intended. What? My TMBG content, you ask? Oh yeah. _That_ band. Oh yeah, I'm really pissed at myself for not having FS before the December FS Tour concert in Seattle... they really rocked anyway, but it would have been better if I actually had heard the songs... One of the teachers at my school (who CLAIMS to love TMBG, but almost is a Floodie) said I was "obsessed" today. I'm proud. I ran up to her and said, "8 more days until Linnell's birthday!" and she got this funny look on her face and said, "You, you're obsessed!" I grinned happily, achieving a new level of Theyness, "obsessiveness," and walked away. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* *"...courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given." * -John Stange * *"...and you must listen to me fillibuster vigilantly..." * -TMBG * *"...there are a lot of crabs that look like Samurai warriors." * -Carl Sagan ******************************************************************* ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:57:23 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: how good is the 'official' TMBG site with product orders? Message-ID: I've never had to wait long for stuff I've ordered from the info club. I'm not sure I've paid by check, though. Maybe they're faster with credit card orders. I have no *real* money to spend, anyway. :) -Lani O:) Lani's Inverse Home Page: lanio@u.washington.edu http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: power rangers Message-ID: <19970605.180457.12334.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 20:06:01 EDT >anyone brave enough to rent the movie and watch it? yeah, yeah i'll do it cuz my friend/ex works at blockbuster and basically steals me everything and anything i want (including the movie They might be giants.. and a nintendo 64) so i'll tell him to go get it for me and drop it off at my house... assuming that doesn't take too long and i don't die from havign to watch a power rangers movie i'll verify the rumor ASAP! =) 'embarking on a GIANT adventure' JOrdaN ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: superfueled freaksicle = THEN??? Message-ID: <19970605.180457.12334.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 20:06:01 EDT << Well, as an indication, Superfueled Freaksickle has been "in the pipeline" for a year and a half now. Personally, I don't know if it'll ever be released, >> has anyone thought that perhaps superfueled freakcycle/freaksicle just turned into (or just ended up being) "then." i mean, it's very possible that this could have happened... instead of having only b-sides they just make it a full retrospective and toss the idea of throwing all teh b-sides on a cd and decide to put lincoln and the pink album on.... "while frank sinatra sings stormy weather the flies and the spiders get along together" love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970605202114.006abfdc@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 20:21:14 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: superfueled freaksicle = THEN??? Personally, I doubt it because one includes Restless material and the other includes Elektra material... -Adam Tyner At 08:06 PM 6/5/97 EDT, you wrote: > >has anyone thought that perhaps superfueled freakcycle/freaksicle just >turned into (or just ended up being) "then." i mean, it's very possible >that this could have happened... instead of having only b-sides they just >make it a full retrospective and toss the idea of throwing all teh >b-sides on a cd and decide to put lincoln and the pink album on.... /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 20:59:58 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970605205949_-1430709326@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG.COM!!!! AAUGH!!!! FLANSBURGHS GUITAR COFFIN IS UP!!!! AND THEY CHANGED THE POSITIONING SYSTEM! (ITS IN CALIFORNIA NOW. HILARIOUS PICTURE!) OOH..TOO MUCH..... ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 6 Jun 97 01:48:44 UT From: "Brian Hansen" Message-Id: Subject: TMBG: .wavs I just recently heard TMBG for the first time, and my friend told me that you have some wave files of their songs. If you have any, mail me please! -Nels ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 22:20:32 -0400 (EDT) From: Ellen Kao Subject: non-TMBG: Marty Tomlinson/Garit1997 Message-ID: Would you please email me asap. Thanks. Or if anyone can give me their email addresses, please let me know privately. Ellen Kao ==-====-===-=-=Dar==-=======--==-===== You don't know how precious you are. I am the one who lives with the ocean. ==-===-===--=Williams-===-=-====-===== ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706060243.WAA21111@mail3.voicenet.com> From: "Irv Greenberg" Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 22:37:02 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Random Notes Here are a few random TMBG things. 1) On Linnell's immortality thing, aren't there people who knew him in school and college? I'm sure he was a kid then. Not to burst anyone's bubble, just playing devil's advocate. 2) I made a TMBG convert out of my 11 (or then 10) year old sister. She brought John Henry with her on a school trip (along with the Spice Girls and Bush, but its a start). She said no one had heard of them, but she said she didn't care. Good for her. 3) My TMBG fan media teacher (he sat behind me at the concert I went to) wrote something pretty cool and semi-tmbg related in my yearbook (he was wearing the FS logo hat that day, too): It isn't easy being green. Its good to see alternative opinions are still alive and well. Build a little birdhouse in your soul. Good luck n high school and remember--being an American teenager is not necessarily the "best years of your life." Interesting. -Ben ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706060200.VAA13732@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: .wavs Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 21:33:54 -0500 > I just recently heard TMBG for the first time, and my friend told me that you > have some wave files of their songs. If you have any, mail me please! > -Nels What's TMBG?!? Mike "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 22:51:28 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: NON: Gravel Pit Message-Id: Did anyone acctually tape gravel pit during the past TMBG tour? If you taped some or all of one of their sets and it's of decent quality, plaease contact me. Rob Grabill. "Stuck his hand in a snowblower and... ouch." "Lose any fingers?" "Nope, got 'em right here" ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706060252.AA25542@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: New TMBG Album: 'Matt's Life Savings' Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 22:52:39 -0400 (EDT) > > At any rate... if they were planning on putting new material on SF, then > > that is pretty much out, seeing as how those 7 recorded tracks are being > > saved for _Matt's Life Savings_ (AKA Thing, Insect Hospital, Nursing Home > > Game Room, etc.) > > > > Personally, I think it would be great to have a 26 track compilation. > > > > -ec > > I hope that when i finally get a copy of Matt's Life Savings, the > stinking lyrics book will be included. > > Mike "Trying to get people to call the next album > Matt's Life Savings so the newbies get confused" Leffel Not only that but a seal of approval and a born on date will be applied to the data side of your CD, thus you will be assured of all 2 cents. -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970605202545.006c7bbc@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 20:25:55 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG.COM!!!! At 08:59 PM 6/5/97 -0400, you wrote: >AAUGH!!!! FLANSBURGHS GUITAR COFFIN IS UP!!!! AND THEY CHANGED THE >POSITIONING SYSTEM! (ITS IN CALIFORNIA NOW. HILARIOUS PICTURE!) Yah, I saw. Does this mean that They are in CA as we speak? If so, where? Or is the Giants Positioning System just so much bunk? --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706060454.AA25616@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG.COM!!!! Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 00:54:16 -0400 (EDT) > At 08:59 PM 6/5/97 -0400, you wrote: > >AAUGH!!!! FLANSBURGHS GUITAR COFFIN IS UP!!!! AND THEY CHANGED THE > >POSITIONING SYSTEM! (ITS IN CALIFORNIA NOW. HILARIOUS PICTURE!) > > Yah, I saw. Does this mean that They are in CA as we speak? If so, where? > Or is the Giants Positioning System just so much bunk? > It's a scam to bring down the man. I'd bet my life savings on it. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-156 ******************************