Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-160 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 160 Tuesday, 10 June 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: When he's underwater, does he get wet? TMBG: conversions 15:1. Re: TMBG: They haters TMBG: They Haters TMBG: Ben or Been a Goner TMBG: TMBG Video Bootleg Vol. 2 Re: TMBG: NON-TMBG Star Wars Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: Influence TMBG-O-Rama or whatever TMBG: We Might BG, Too! Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama TMBG: Movies TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! TMBG: PoWeR RaNGeRS!!! TMBG: TMBG themes Re: TMBG: Movies Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Re: TMBG: Movies Re: TMBG: We Might BG, Too! TMBG: chess-peice face TMBG: dr. spock Re: TMBG: CON AIR Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: chess-peice face Re: TMBG: CON AIR TMBG: how TMBG has changed my life TMBG: BNL: The Barenaked Banter Project TMBG: Video Bootlegs 1, 2, 2.5/ Chesspieceface TMBG: Stuff, Stuff and Stuff TMBG: sleeping(but never urinating) in the flowers Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Re: TMBG: lets go back in time TMBG: non-tmbg: chia TMBG: re:stuff / changing to be liked by band Fwd: Re: TMBG: NoVa People TMBG: I've killed my family to get their money because TMBG told me to. Re: TMBG: Look at me, I'm joining the conversation! Re: TMBG: CON AIR Re: TMBG: Look at me, I'm joining the conversation! TMBG: Kicking and Screaming Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! TMBG: B-Day Re: TMBG: B-Day TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. TMBG: Jumping on the Band Wagon TMBG: I stand corrected Re: TMBG: singles, dreams, questions and things. Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama TMBG: One last one TMBG: zdrtyhyxsrtuy Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199706090722.CAA14180@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: When he's underwater, does he get wet? Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 03:12:36 -0500 I was in a video store this afternoon and I saw the video in which the Tiny Toons do the TMBG songs.. I should have rented it, but I didn't. (they had GoBots vs. the Rock Lords too...) Anyway, there was a little picture of Plucky (Particle man) Duck on the back and it said that the vido included "..the wrestling spoof, Particle man" Now, while I realize that this is referring to the cartoon short, the term "wrestling spoof" fought its way into my head and demanded my brain to think that the _song_ was intentionally a wrestling spoof. It gave quite a battle, but the good side won. Then after looking at previews for Beavis and Butthead Do America, I went over and looked at the old Marvel Superhero cartoons and laughed at Namor, the Submariner. Mike "I declare war on the surface world, too!" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339C97CF.4972@cyllene.uwa.edu.au> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 16:54:55 -0700 From: Ewing Subject: TMBG: conversions 15:1. Hello, People have been talking about converting their friends/relatives so here is my list, My mother (hehe, a pushover) 5 resistant friends 5 cousins (big extended family) My uncle The people next door my sister I gave a TMBG tape to my friend on thursday which he quite liked. He said "Tom, um, that tapes pretty good and I think I know now why you are, well the way you are". This was just after I explained that there are no birds that are dentists because birds have no teeth. Well, yes. Does anyone else carve the 4 bubble TMBG symbol into their thigh every time they convert someone to TMBG like a kill marker on a fighter jet or am I different and strange? If not for TMBG; - would not be suspended from the roof here writing this. - would not know about James Ensor, JKP, or how the sun worked. - would have gone crazy later in life. - would not be dependant on caffine. - would have a large, ugly lookin hole in my CD collection. - would still think Pearl Jam are the best. ("No! Get those electrodes away from me! I've reformed dammit.. OUCH") Sorry if this post is incoherent, I have not had a very good set of exam results. Tom. ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 10:49:58 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: They haters Message-ID: <19970609145020.AAA9129@default> > If any of your parents out there say how much they hate TMBG and how > much of a waste of time it is, pick something they like and tell them > you hate it. Maybe they'll wise up and figure out that you actually > LIKE They. I do and then they say that Flans sucks. It's no win! Eric ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706091515.LAA57252@osage.gate.net> From: "Karri Vasara" Subject: TMBG: They Haters Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:13:07 -0400 Without TMBG I would have less to quote from have nothing to convert my family's music to have noting to listen to have nothing to ponder not be 'borrowing' Apollo 18 from my friend because I have no money yet not have my mom keep singing "Please pass the milk please." not be wearing dirt for a shirt These are a few of my favorite things. Karri Vasara vasara@gate.net http://www.eng.usf.edu/~vasara ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:54:20 -0400 (EDT) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: TMBG: Ben or Been a Goner Message-ID: Ben or Been here. Now gone. For summer break. And fall internship. See you a long time later. Bye-Bye, Ben or Been ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson (303) 684-4722 Date: Mon, 9 Jun 97 09:50:57 MDT Message-Id: <9706091550.AA11626@hops> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Video Bootleg Vol. 2 re: TMBG Video Bootleg, Vol. 2 2. Did Russ J. ever come out with a second TMBG "video bootleg"? Loved the first one. Yes, I have indeed produced a Vol. 2 TMBG bootleg. Details are on my web page. Someone did a Vol. 2.5, of several instore TMBG appearances. I'll gladly trade for a copy of it--I can't remember who it was. Russ WORK: HOME: Adaptec, Inc. Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 mailto:russj@btc.adaptec.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.adaptec.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706091614.JAA24162@mta3.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 09:21:01 -0700 (PDT) From: Anastasia Hunt Subject: Re: TMBG: NON-TMBG Star Wars John Linnell would make a kick-ass...wait, that's Yoda. Well, Yoda could shrink and get senile. === ********************************************************************************************* This message has been brought to you by Rocketmail and Saint Ana The Suave Productions. Dig? Visit http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1993 for fun and excitement. _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706091641.JAA08577@mta2.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 09:45:03 -0700 (PDT) From: Anastasia Hunt Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama If it weren't for TMBG I would: a) have about $200 more than I do now b) have never discovered the Internet c) have never discovered XTC or Joe Jackson d) never had a reason to see lovely Lawrence, KS e) think STP rule f) gotten heavily into pot g) probably have better grades h) never email anybody j) still dye my hair purple k) be miserable l) be married m) at least be dating As you can see, TMBG have enriched my life greatly. Stasi ************************************************************************ This message has been brought to you by Rocketmail and Saint Ana The Suave Productions. Dig? Visit http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1993 for fun and excitement. _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@lust.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706091719.AA02431@lust.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:19:44 -0400 (EDT) > If it weren't for TMBG I would: > a) have about $200 more than I do now Hmm probably more like $500-600...22 concerts, all that gas money, 7 albums, jusst about every single, Then double CD, etc, various magazines.. > b) have never discovered the Internet TMBG was the factor that made you discover the Internet? Even with all of those commercials with websites, millions of AOL disks floating around, etc? > c) have never discovered XTC or Joe Jackson ahh wonderful artists > d) never had a reason to see lovely Lawrence, KS is that like Lawrence Solomon? ;) > e) think STP rule oh you mean Stupid Tinkle Potties? > f) gotten heavily into pot mmmm > g) probably have better grades So you'd get into pot and get better grades? Where can I get me some pot?! > h) never email anybody e-mail is fun 8-) > j) still dye my hair purple glad TMBG disproves of purple hair > k) be miserable that'd bad. > l) be married hooo boy > m) at least be dating Wow, you'd be married and dating, I'd hope your husband wouldn't get too mad, or your lover for that matter. /Matt, planting tongue firmly in cheek 8-) -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 10:35:06 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Message-ID: On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Matthew James wrote: > > j) still dye my hair purple > glad TMBG disproves of purple hair Is that true? I was going to dye my hair purple this fall for my last quarter of Husky Marching Band (and college, for that matter). Would the Johns disapprove? *sniff* I may have to reconsider... :( -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, the Washington State Listies page, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@lust.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706091739.AA02507@lust.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:39:35 -0400 (EDT) > > > j) still dye my hair purple > > glad TMBG disproves of purple hair > > Is that true? I was going to dye my hair purple this fall for my last > quarter of Husky Marching Band (and college, for that matter). Would the > Johns disapprove? *sniff* I may have to reconsider... :( Yes, in fact, when I spoke to Flans after the Monopuff show last summer he told me he detests nothing more than the color purple, but especally purple hair. That's why they wrote purple toupee, they thought toupees were fake and disgusting, but purple toupees--hoo boy, they are the worst. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 10:54:57 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Message-ID: On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Matthew James wrote: > Yes, in fact, when I spoke to Flans after the Monopuff show last summer > he told me he detests nothing more than the color purple, but especally > purple hair. That's why they wrote purple toupee, they thought toupees > were fake and disgusting, but purple toupees--hoo boy, they are the > worst. Well...I just hope they don't come to town this fall. I'd have to wear a hat. A big hat. Or shave my head. I can't believe he hates my school colors... I'm devastated! Well, only a little devastated. I think I'll live. *sob* "Mighty are the men who wear the purple and the gold, joyfully we welcome them within the victors' fold..." -Bow Down to Washington Not so joyful anymore, -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, the Washington State Listies page, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 03:57:18 +1000 (EST) Message-Id: <199706091757.DAA26316@corinna.its.utas.edu.au> From: slbrown@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Brownie) Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama If it wasn't for TMBG I: wouldn't have any respect for my brother's taste in music- Ok he introduced me... but Talking Heads and SuperTramp? (no offence any fans out there...) wouldn't have had the best and lonliest night of my life at the same time (tmbg- melbourne concert) wouldn't have gone to melbourne at all would probably be listening to someone I could have a conversation with someone else in Hobart about Wouldn't have anything to annoy people with at parties would not have a feeling of superiority over non-TMBG folk would not have heard the best songs ever written!! Unfortunately I can't blame my coffee habit on Them. Mine dates back to before I knew they liked coffee... but was watching Twin Peaks devotedly Apart from that things have been pretty much covered already by others Simon "Um... $80 ISP charge you say... I might not spend so much time online next month!!" Brown --------------------------- tear here ----------------------------------------- Bad Recipe (courtesy Plonk): 1: Get five pounds of raw meat 2: Leave in sun for five days 3: Eat ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:59:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 9-Jun-97 Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influenc.. by "'Lani' N Olson"@u.washi > Is that true? I was going to dye my hair purple this fall for my last > quarter of Husky Marching Band (and college, for that matter). Would the > Johns disapprove? *sniff* I may have to reconsider... :( no, no, no! shave it all off and get a Purple Toupee! (or dye it and at least tell people it is...) ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Influence TMBG-O-Rama or whatever Message-ID: <19970609.141101.10239.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> From: mr.train@juno.com (Tim J Murphy) Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 14:10:47 EDT Yoel97 mentioned: >>"TMBG mouse pointer files"<< Where can I get my hands on these? Since I just acquired Intellipoint software I am always looking for cursors! TMBG cursors would go GREAT with my desktop (all TMBG of course...) Anyone know of any TMBG icons?? Anyone have any they aren't telling us about?? Anyone watching me right now? Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update:Certain People I Could Name Interesting Fact - Juno Spell checker changes Tambo to Tampon ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:21:54 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: We Might BG, Too! Message-ID: Is this still going on? I have the Famous Polka, MAYBE exquisite Dead guy (if i feel like singing... ugh) and even less likely She Was A Hotel Detective (the back to skull one) For it. Famous Polka is ready now, So is EDG, but the other one i still have to put together. Just nofitifying people, I hope this gets to the right ones. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706091824.LAA10645@mta3.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:28:38 -0700 (PDT) From: Anastasia Hunt Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama ---Matthew James wrote: > > > If it weren't for TMBG I would: > > a) have about $200 more than I do now > Hmm probably more like $500-600...22 concerts, all that gas money, 7 > albums, jusst about every single, Then double CD, etc, various > magazines.. I live in Oklahoma and have seen TMBG only once and it was free... Okie, a list of costs: Pink Album...$13 *Lincoln......$11x2=$22 (stolen; had to get a new copy) *Misc T.......$13 x2= $26 Flood...Free (I inherited when a friend didn't like it anymore) A18..........$9 *JH...........$13 x 2 =$26 FS...........$18 (I bought it at Blockbuster:P) Then.........$23 Trip to KS...$40 Automobile....$3.50 People.......Free (Mom gets it) misc.........around $45 GRAND TOTAL..$225.50 So there, you picky little twits. > > e) think STP rule > oh you mean Stupid Tinkle Potties? No, Stone Pimple Toilets...oops, Temple Pilots (Toilets made more sense) > e-mail is fun 8-) Maybe a little too much fun. > glad TMBG disproves of purple hair Ha ha. > Wow, you'd be married and dating, I'd hope your husband wouldn't get too > mad, or your lover for that matter. Ha ha ha. Aren't we the comedian. Smartass. Stasi "Keep that tongue planted firmly in your cheek for your own good, Matt" Hunt _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706091836.LAA24068@mta2.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:41:49 -0700 (PDT) From: Anastasia Hunt Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama ---'Lani' N Olson wrote: > > Would the Johns disapprove? *sniff* I may have to reconsider...:( Just ignore Matt...I usually do. Go a head and dye it... Linnell secretly wishes to dye his hair purple and to have me act as hairdresser.;) > -Lani O:) Stasi H.:) :):) :) :) :) :) :) _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ From: COMET757@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:54:43 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609145316_-1228638460@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Movies I rarely post anything on this forum, but I've decided that I really want some to answer this question : What movies have TMBG music appeared on? I'd be very thankful if someone could give me a list. Thanx! -Vortex, Drayex, Cybrex... and all of the other voices in my head "People who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us who do." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970609150345.006e93a4@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 15:03:45 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Yes yes. They Might Be Giants have transformed all of us would-be losers into the SuperCool people we are today! Thank you John and John! We owe it all to you! -ec ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 15:26:45 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Message-ID: Actually... I don't think we are cool... I think we're the oddballs. Cool people are the ones who hate us. :) * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > Yes yes. They Might Be Giants have transformed all of us would-be losers > into the SuperCool people we are today! Thank you John and John! We owe it > all to you! > > -ec > ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: PoWeR RaNGeRS!!! Message-ID: <19970609.132431.12542.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 15:26:33 EDT I have no Name wrote: assuming that doesn't take too long and i > don't die from havign to watch a power rangers movie i'll verify the > rumor ASAP! =) > > 'embarking on a GIANT adventure' > JOrdaN If you find Them can you please post which part They're in because I have the movie(I've got younger siblings) but I don't think I can stand to watch it all. Thanks, Vera okay, well i watched the movie (does it count if you have the sound off?) anyways, i saw them nowhere. but, then again i wasn;t paying all that much attention due to teh fact that well, hey, it's a power rangers movie (it was pretty psycho.... i had never seen anything PR before...) "when frank sinatra met cookie monster the flies and the spiders got baked together" love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970609122815.007467e0@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 12:29:49 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: TMBG themes At 02:10 PM 6/9/97 EDT, you wrote: >Yoel97 mentioned: >>>"TMBG mouse pointer files"<< > >Where can I get my hands on these? >Since I just acquired Intellipoint software I am always looking for >cursors! >TMBG cursors would go GREAT with my desktop (all TMBG of course...) >Anyone know of any TMBG icons?? >Anyone have any they aren't telling us about?? >Anyone watching me right now? I am. Look up and to your right; see me? Look, I'm waving. :) If you have Windows 95 and MS Plus!, there are TMBG themes available to make your desktop even more TMBG-riffic. Hie yourself on over to http://www.bitshop.com/~dale/ for a bunch o' themes. --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 15:39:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609153843_712321539@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Movies >What movies have TMBG music appeared on? Movie List Tape Heads-Put Your Hand Inside the PuppetHead Ed and his Dead Mother-Everything Right is Wrong Again Power Rangers the Movie-Sensurround Kicking and Screaming-Don't Lets Start Black Magic-Istanbul Kids in the Hall: Braincandy-Spiraling Shape Those are all the ones I can think of ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 12:46:50 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Message-ID: On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Tom Hare wrote: > Actually... I don't think we are cool... I think we're the oddballs. > Cool people are the ones who hate us. :) We're the Society of the Oddballs. (that makes us cool. - In our own minds, at least. And hey, isn't that what *really* matters? *group hug* :) Blech. :) -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, the Washington State Listies page, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970609124914.00762ef0@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 12:49:33 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: Movies At 02:54 PM 6/9/97 -0400, you wrote: >What movies have TMBG music appeared on? I'm sure there's more, but here's my list: Ed And His Dead Mother (Everything Right Is Wrong Again) Tapeheads (Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head) Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (SenSurround) Kids In The Hall: Brain Candy (Spiralling Shape) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970609162240.006a16cc@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 16:22:40 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: We Might BG, Too! Yup, it's all still goin' on...!!! I can't wait to hear your songs!!!! TTYL, -Adam At 02:21 PM 6/9/97 -0400, you wrote: >Is this still going on? I have the Famous Polka, MAYBE exquisite Dead >guy (if i feel like singing... ugh) and even less likely She Was A Hotel >Detective (the back to skull one) For it. Famous Polka is ready now, So >is EDG, but the other one i still have to put together. Just nofitifying >people, I hope this gets to the right ones. > > >----------------------------------------------------------------------------- >Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG >tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org >----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: chess-peice face Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:34:00 -0700 I was just wondering about chess-peice face last night.. and exactly how many songs is he referred to? and has anybody heard of an interview or something where the johns say exactly who chess-peice face is? brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: dr. spock Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:42:00 -0700 a couple different people had mailed me quite a while ago about me making them a copy of dr. spock's back up band, or the full length version of live in NYC. well. i'll only be on the list for a couple more days, so if anybody still wants those, please get hold of me soon. or it will be too late. brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 9 Jun 97 16:42 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: CON AIR > >OK! Who has seen Con Air?! Who thinks that the totally crazy dude who gets >brought on the plane with a mask on LOOKS AND TALKS like John L?! Maybe >its just me... I dunno.. not really, but I can see the slight resemblence.. Rather off topic here, but I loved that movie. It could've been a *really* bad action movie, but instead they put in enough quirky (aahhh!) bits to make it good. Like John Cusak's sandals, and Steve whatsisname singing "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands." :) Hmm...I tend to think Linnell would make a good crazy insane >villain in a movie... Either that or some really eccentric guy who makes cool inventions and helps save the world, all to a TMBG-laced soundtrack. :) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 16:48:53 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609164723_-463159521@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Mr. J excreted the following words << > > j) still dye my hair purple > glad TMBG disproves of purple hair >> [ 1 ] hmm...actually Purple Toupee inspired me to spray paint my dad's old toupee (shh!) purple and wear it to school one day (you could imagine the shock!) [ 2 ] If any of you are interested in joining a foundation (free of charge) to protect Chia Pets from extinction, email me for an application form. We have many members including the Vice President of the "Chia Corp" Joel "Ch-Ch-Cheap...um...I meant CHIA" Gedalius President Save The Chia Pets Foundation ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970609164643.0069c6b0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 16:46:43 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: chess-peice face At 01:34 PM 6/9/97 -0700, you wrote: >I was just wondering about chess-peice face last night.. and exactly how >many songs is he referred to? and has anybody heard of an interview or >something where the johns say exactly who chess-peice face is? This is either in John Relph's FAQ or Myke's early year FAQ, but it's a nick name that someone the Johns knew had. Off the top of my head, CPF is mentioned in the song of the same name, Hey Mr. DJ, and Rabid Child. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:11:44 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609171016_1241677466@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: CON AIR In a message dated 97-06-09 00:17:49 EDT, mms@wolfenet.com (Michelle) writes: << seeing as the actor in question is Steve Buscemi, who starred in Ed and his Dead Mother, which features TMBG music during the closing credits. Whatever... >> This sounds like the six degrees of Bacon. Anyway, what song was in the credits? Joel President Save The Chia Pets Foundation http://members.aol.com/yoel97/chia.htm Email me for an Application! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 9 Jun 97 17:28 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: how TMBG has changed my life TMBG was one of the first groups I really, really liked. Prior to my purchase of Flood, I liked Sting, the Beach Boys, and movie soundtracks. Not that there's anything wrong with these, it's just that my musical tastes were less than varied. Since my discovery of TMBG and my subsequent joining of this list, I've grown to love many groups and artists like cub, Frank Black, XTC, and many many more. My love of TMBG has also influenced me to look for the weird and fascinating in everday objects and in "ordinary" people. What can I say? I love these guys! Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: GaritRN@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:40:39 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609174004_-1194886253@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: BNL: The Barenaked Banter Project Hi folks! I'm very interested in creating a web page that features the jocularity of our boys. After all, we know that BNL are the funniest band this side of the Atlantic. However, this would be an arduous task to do all by myself. That is why I need _your_ help! If you are interesting in participating, you must have some BNL bootlegs. Transcripts must be verbatim. An example follows: Tyler - Ed, you have a big butt. Ed - How big is it? Tyler - It's really big. E-mail me if you want to contribute to the Barenaked Banter page. Tell me which shows you will transcribe with the city, date, and venue. Also, please let me know the approximate date when you will be ready to send the transcript. I'm afraid I can't offer much, except credit for each story you transcribe and a mention in the special thanks section. Also, I will provide a link to your webpage if you so desire. Thanks a $1000000! Larry http://members.aol.com/GaritRN - Bootleg page updated today! ------------------------------ From: KyeserSoze@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:51:04 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609174953_-1094866393@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Video Bootlegs 1, 2, 2.5/ Chesspieceface Will the people who made the video bootlegs please e-mail me on how I can get copies? Thanks! Also, I read somewhere that Chesspieceface was a guy that They worked with or something like that, and his face was all messed up. I'm sur somebody can elaborate on that... -Daniel ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:13:33 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: Stuff, Stuff and Stuff Message-Id: 1. If anyone makes life decisions based on the band, that's just plain sick. It's not devoted, it's just wrong. 2. If people's decisions of anything aside from personal preferance have been changed because of this list or the band, that's also very wrong. 3. I have probably spent more money that many others. About 100 bucks on blank tapes (video/audio) 250 or whatever on cds 900 on a cross-country trip. I'll admit, the 900 bucks is a little off, but a vacation is one thing, deciding whether or not to change yourself because the band won't like it is just dumb dumb dumb. Sorry to all who were offended, but hey, I LOVE talking Heads Rob Grabill. "Stuck his hand in a snowblower and... ouch." "Lose any fingers?" "Nope, got 'em right here" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339C48CD.32A1@baka.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:17:49 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: TMBG: sleeping(but never urinating) in the flowers This has been bugging me for a while. What are they saying at the beginning, and a couple other parts, of the Dial-A-Song version of Sleeping In the flowers? No, not the "we could be sleeping in the flowers..." part, stupid. The other thing. This part is not on John Henry. Help me here. And if this is on tmbg.org, promtly smack me on the head for being too lazy to look. And, continuing a probably overplayed thread, without TMBG... I would have a lot more money I would not have discovered XTC or Mono Puff I would never have read anything by Terry Pratchett I would have a lot more spare time because I wouldn't be reading this list daily I would have more space on my hard drive I would never have seen the movie of the same name, which inspired my most recent Vampire character, a Malkavian detective(if you don't know what I'm talking about, please don't ask) I might conceivably have a girlfriend And, finally, due to chaos theory, my decision to buy a tape of "Flood" on the reccomendations of a few friends could have caused a chain reaction saving the universe from total destruction at the hands of an evil race of sentient oven mitts. You never know. -- "Disregard my nervousness, please ignore my vacant stare"-Violent Femmes Jonah, now with Olestra ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970609181953.007d7a20@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:19:53 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! At 03:26 PM 6/9/97 -0400, Tom Hare wrote: >Actually... I don't think we are cool... I think we're the oddballs. >Cool people are the ones who hate us. :) > >----------------------------------------------------------------------------- >Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG We are cool! Come on guys! Tom Hare is a loser in disguise! Get him! Get him! ObSmiley: (= -ec ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 18:25:13 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609182439_-793566605@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: lets go back in time << Is it just me or were TMBG releasing better stuff before factory showroom. The quantity of good songs started to go down at the release of John henry, not to say that there weren't some great songs on that album (Nyquil driver), but they don't seem to have the same groove that they had between their first album and apollo 18. This message was prompted by the song "pet name" which is too far from the coolness of purple toupee. >> I couldn't disagree more, and your comparison of "Purple Toupee" and "Pet Name" is faulty. For one one thing, comparing a Flans song and Linnell song is pretty unfair since they have such different styles, though both great, imho. But more to the point, Flans once said something to the effect that they've been guilty of "frontloading" their albums, or putting the stronger tracks near the beginning. So, considering other "near the end" tracks like "Snowball in Hell," "Sapphire Bullets" and "The Day," I'd say "Pet Name" compares quite favorably, as does "Out of Jail." Kay, who's never met a TMBG song she didn't like (or learned to) :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970609182733.008025a0@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:27:33 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: chia >[ 2 ] If any of you are interested in joining a foundation (free of charge) >to protect Chia Pets from extinction, email me for an application form. We >have many members including the Vice President of the "Chia Corp" > >Joel "Ch-Ch-Cheap...um...I meant CHIA" Gedalius >President >Save The Chia Pets Foundation Welcome to Earth, where Chia Pets are plentiful. We hope your stay will be a pleasant one. -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970609183258.0080d350@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:32:58 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: re:stuff / changing to be liked by band Well... I don't know if this is too severe or "wrong" but... My freind and I went to have plastic surgery. I got it to make me look like Flans and he got it to look like Linnell. now we go around playing songs as the band There Might Be Giants. Cool, huh? :) j/k -ec =) ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 18:33:07 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970609183301_519132644@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: Fwd: Re: TMBG: NoVa People sorry, my dearest online pal Miller accidentally sent this to me.. meant for the list.. which he's not on. Thanks guys!! --------------------- Forwarded message: Subj: Re: TMBG: NoVa People Date: 97-06-09 15:44:22 EDT From: JEWELSROCK To: TheyMBG Hello, I was talking to TheyMBG, and she forwarded this letter to me. Is what you are doing just a get together of TMBG fans? Cause I'd be interested. I'm in a band called The Family Jewels. We're from New Jersey, but are going on tour in late July/ early August. We don't have any shows booked in the Fairfax area, but we'll be passing through there. If you are arranging a get-together around that time, we'd love to swing by. Talk to you soon. Miller ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706092207.RAA11158@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: I've killed my family to get their money because TMBG told me to. Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:57:12 -0500 Hey, kiddies and giant mollusks,.. I've got the infamous WinPlay3 ('registered', of course!) and I was wondering if anybody knows how to get the program where you can have it shuffle the MP3's you'd like to play... Mike "tatooing the Johns on my buttocks as we speak" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339C8993.70F5@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 15:54:11 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Look at me, I'm joining the conversation! > Mike "And I probably would have fallen in with > the Hanson crowd by now" Leffel HEY! HansEn is a pal o' mine. He's a successful convert, and not a Floodie... he went out and bought Then yesterday. Yes, with an E. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* George Carlin on religion: "...there's this big invisible man in the sky who made everything and he's watching you every moment of every day. He's got this little private world of fire and torture if you're bad, but he LOVES you, and he _needs_ money!" oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339C88E0.5AFB@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 15:51:12 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: CON AIR > OK! Who has seen Con Air?! Who thinks that the totally crazy dude who gets > brought on the plane with a mask on LOOKS AND TALKS like John L?! Maybe > its just me...Hmm...I tend to think Linnell would make a good crazy insane > villain in a movie... OR... He could play an evil super-villain! I can imagine him, sitting on his dark throne, thunder and lightning, etc. And he could be in command of the Hamsters! -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* George Carlin on religion: "...there's this big invisible man in the sky who made everything and he's watching you every moment of every day. He's got this little private world of fire and torture if you're bad, but he LOVES you, and he _needs_ money!" oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706092209.RAA11219@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Look at me, I'm joining the conversation! Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:59:19 -0500 > > > > *I couldn't > > make margins as damn > > long or as short > > as I please.. > Is this some reference to your Lincoln logs? And I think you know what > I mean... > /Matt I've seen the best cabins of my generation.... Mike "HASBRO HASBRO YAAAAAY HAW!" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:56:21 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199706092256.RAA15761@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: TMBG: Kicking and Screaming >Movie List > >Tape Heads-Put Your Hand Inside the PuppetHead >Ed and his Dead Mother-Everything Right is Wrong Again >Power Rangers the Movie-Sensurround >Kicking and Screaming-Don't Lets Start >Black Magic-Istanbul >Kids in the Hall: Braincandy-Spiraling Shape > >Those are all the ones I can think of Exactly where in Kicking and Screaming can one hear Don't Let's Start? Mitch ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339C8B3F.28D6@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 16:01:19 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Tom Hare wrote: > > Postage paid by: [Image] > > --------------------------------------------------------------- > > Actually... I don't think we are cool... I think we're the oddballs. > Cool people are the ones who hate us. :) > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG > tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > > > Yes yes. They Might Be Giants have transformed all of us would-be losers > > into the SuperCool people we are today! Thank you John and John! We owe it > > all to you! > > > > -ec > > Yeah. If I was cool, I would kill myself, except I wouldn't, because I'd think I was cool and all you people sucked 'cuz you didn't listen to The Cardigans ... ...and I'd think purple hair was neat... ...now I'm confused... -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* George Carlin on religion: "...there's this big invisible man in the sky who made everything and he's watching you every moment of every day. He's got this little private world of fire and torture if you're bad, but he LOVES you, and he _needs_ money!" oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339C8EE8.2084@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 16:16:56 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: TMBG: B-Day Okay, I'm not taking any more names. Today's Monday. The deadline's Monday, and I have a card... I'm gonna send it to Elektra. Thanx for everyone's name... I hope something cool happens... -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* George Carlin on religion: "...there's this big invisible man in the sky who made everything and he's watching you every moment of every day. He's got this little private world of fire and torture if you're bad, but he LOVES you, and he _needs_ money!" oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339CBF66.3928@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 19:43:50 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: B-Day Whats the card? Im sure us people who put our names on it would like to know. Its not entirely blank is it? Its got at least a picture right? The ever curious- Kevin McGuire ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:20:33 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970609161500.2727bd38@proaxis.com> From: Celestia Subject: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. >On Sun, 8 Jun 1997 19:16:09 -0400 (EDT) Jordan1c@aol.com writes: >>Today in the phone ringing episode, the older Pete was introducing >>Pete's >>friends, and one was named "Clem Linnell". Pronounced just like John's >>(linn-ELL). Hmm.... >> > >Is it linn- ELL or LINN-ell? I always thought it was LINN-ell. That's how >I've been pronouncing it for a year. Which one is it, someone please tell >me! that's it. We've been over this 40 times before (prompting me to begin calling him John SAND-wich to avoid confusion) It is linn-ELL. Accent on the "Ell". and i'm REALLY sorry to sound like such a jerk, but this thread was about the only one on this list to ever really start to piss me off. AND THAT INCLUDES THE TRADING CARDS! (which i personally liked quite a lot, and not just because it was them that prompted me to write to my New Personal God, Mike Leffel) So please, can we just leave this one alone? (i say as i persist in not leaving this one alone) Celestia, tooms@proaxis.com http://www.geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/2210/ <===== my homepage "I'm lonely and I'm right" - Ben Folds Five -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GMU/L/O d+ s a---- C++ U--- P L- E? W++ N++ o K- w+ O- M-- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t+ !5 X++ R tv++ b+++ DI++ D++ G e* h! r% x -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK----- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 20:27:56 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. Message-Id: at some unapointed time, Celstia wrote a message that looked like this, but it was longer. >i'm REALLY sorry to sound like such a jerk, but this thread was >about the only one on this list to ever really start to piss me off. AND >THAT INCLUDES THE TRADING CARDS! (which i personally liked quite a lot, and >not just because it was them that prompted me to write to my New Personal >God, Mike Leffel) I've got three words for you. Buttknobs. Desert Island. BTW, Mike Leffel isn't YOUR personal god. He's a communal god. Rob Grabill. "Stuck his hand in a snowblower and... ouch." "Lose any fingers?" "Nope, got 'em right here" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970609175440.006dbfe4@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 17:54:48 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. At 08:27 PM 6/9/97 -0500, you wrote: >I've got three words for you. >Buttknobs. >Desert Island. I've got 7 words for you, big guy: Pink or Blue? Lactose intolerance Mr. Blobby *nicole watches the old-time listies scream and run away, and she is suddenly glad she didn't mention the "where does Ana Ng live" or "is it true that water spirals backwards in the southern hemisphere" threads* (Note to impressionable newbies: DO NOT post about any of the above threads; they are the list's Dead Horses.) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Michelle" Subject: TMBG: Jumping on the Band Wagon Date: Tue, 10 Jun 97 19:03:31 PDT OK, I must contribute here... ways in which the world would be different if I were not a fan of They Might Be Giants: I would NOT have any more money, but my CD collection would look a little bit different, and my friend Randy would have to actually THINK about what CD's to play whenever he came over to my place. My friend Sascha, and my ex-roommates cousin Robert, would never have been to a concert before. My friend Matt would not have proposed to his ex-girlfriend. Diane Clougherty would not be the bestest roommate ever, we probably would have hated each others guts. I wouldn't have met those zany Seattle-ite listies Jesse and Lani. I wouldn't have started the tradition of trying to steal CD's from my friend Matt. And even if I HAD started it, I wouldn't necessarily have succeeded. And I wouldn't be typing this message in right now... Whatever... Michelle ------------------------------ From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: I stand corrected Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 21:55:43 -0400 Message-Id: <199706100203.3798000@rma.edu> FINE The dude in Con Air doesn't look like Linnell! HOWEVER Nicolas Cage looks EXACTLY like FLANS! :) --Tim Clark Come visit The Graveyard:http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5724 Home of the Official They Might Be Giants Web Ring http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5724/tmbgring.html MiSTie #79297 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339CB763.3BF5@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:09:40 -0400 From: Eric Near Subject: Re: TMBG: singles, dreams, questions and things. Wilson Dorward wrote: > > [2] Is that ghostly sound in JKP a saw (like a wood cutting thing) being > > played with a violin bow? > I believe so. My father, the expert on such things, claims that's > how its done and says he's seen other groups do something like it. > But he thinks the Giants bite, so he's probably wrong. > Eric, sending from his father's e-mail address > too bad he doesn't know how to use it.... > or he'd get mad.... Actually, a saw is hit with a mallet and the player vibrates it faster or slower to change the pitch. Hope I cleared this up. Eric Near ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339CB9F4.67A7@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:20:39 -0400 From: Eric Near Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Adam Tyner wrote: > *snip* > > * I'd have several hundred more dollars. ;> > > * I probably wouldn't listen to any music except "Weird Al". I didn't buy > an album by any other artists until I was 15, when I picked up Flood. When > I was 17, I joined this list and obsessively bought everything I could. You sound just like me. I listened to nothing but Weird Al. Then I heard They on a Tiny Toons episode. :) I loved Them. I later on bought Flood, Apollo 18, and John Henry. I wore those tapes out. I now own TMBG, Lincoln, Flood, A18, John Henry, and Factory Showroom. I listen to Them all the time. And BNL rocks, too! Occasionally. :) Eric Near ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:48:40 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: One last one Message-Id: I can outthread you all. I have quite possibly the WORST TWOO THREADS! 1. Is White a color? 2. Lame Anyone trying to beat me will be beaten. If I can't beat you, I will arrange to have you beaten. If that doesn't work, I'll offer you as a sacrifice to Lord Leffel. Rob Grabill. "Stuck his hand in a snowblower and... ouch." "Lose any fingers?" "Nope, got 'em right here" ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:05:24 -0400 Subject: TMBG: zdrtyhyxsrtuy Message-ID: <19970609.230547.18630.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) To everyone I so horribly offended by inquiring about the pronounciation of John Linnell's name, I'M SORRY!!! Let's just end it right here! Geez, some of you flip out so easily! -Evan "I don't need any responses to the message" Kleve ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-160 ******************************