Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-161 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 161 Wednesday, 11 June 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: One last one Re: TMBG: singles, dreams, questions and things. TMBG: New album? Re: TMBG: I stand corrected Re: TMBG: One last one Re: TMBG: One last one Re: TMBG: New album? Re: TMBG: I've killed my family to get their money because TMBG told me to. TMBG: I've been feeding my invalid grandma no-doz and keeping her in front of the TV with infomercials running 24/7. TMBG: Linnell Re: TMBG: TMBG Influence-o-rama TMBG: Non TMBG-Con air Re: TMBG: TMBG Influence-o-rama Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. TMBG: in Brain Candy soundtrack TMBG: RE: Non-TMBG Star Wars TMBG: Re: Non-TMBG Star Wars Re: TMBG: We Might BG, Too! Re: TMBG: lets go back in time TMBG: RE: Non-TMBG Star Wars Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. completely-irrelevant-TMBG: A Scot and a Guinness Re: TMBG: RE: Non-TMBG Star Wars TMBG: My TMBG dream! TMBG: Bennigans of tallahssee. TMBG:I had a TMBG dream! YAY!(LONG) TMBG: TMBG Dreams TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life Re: TMBG: Linnell Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama TMBG: TMBG review on NPR and in AP TMBG: Change, threads, boot shop, NON-TMBG-Lolla July 19 Pitt TMBG: Without TMBG Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Re: TMBG: Influence TMBG-O-Rama or whatever Re: TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life TMBG: what if? Re: TMBG: what if? Re: TMBG: B-Day Re: TMBG:I had a TMBG dream! YAY!(LONG) TMBG: Richmond??? Re: TMBG: in Brain Candy soundtrack Re: TMBG: Linnell Re: TMBG: B-Day TMBG: I've never had the priviage of meeting someone of your gender who has the characteristics you posses. Re: TMBG:I had a TMBG dream! YAY!(LONG) Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama TMBG: Eeeee-vil, eeeee-vil, eeeee-vil... TMBG: More food for thought! Re: TMBG: Change, threads, boot shop, NON-TMBG-Lolla July 19 Pitt TMBG: mp3 Re: TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life Re: TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:09:01 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: One last one Message-ID: <19970609.230901.18630.3.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:48:40 -0500 "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." writes: >I can outthread you all. > >I have quite possibly the WORST TWOO THREADS! > >1. Is White a color? > >2. Lame > >Anyone trying to beat me will be beaten. If I can't beat you, I will >arrange to >have you beaten. If that doesn't work, I'll offer you as a sacrifice >to Lord >Leffel. I'm sorry, but nothing was as bad as the Marylin Manson thread! Evan "preparing to be beaten" Kleve ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:05:47 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: singles, dreams, questions and things. Message-ID: <19970609.230547.18630.2.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) >Actually, a saw is hit with a mallet and the player vibrates it faster >or slower to change the pitch. > >Hope I cleared this up. NoNoNONONO!! The player sits down and puts the end of the saw in between his/her legs (nothing obsene) and plays the saw with a cello bow. The singing saw player can bend the saw and shake or vibrate it to change the pitch. I've seen it all in person so I know what I'm talking about. -Evan "expert" Kleve ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706100319.XAA26632@thor.infi-pos.com> From: "Carrie Hoffmann" Subject: TMBG: New album? Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:19:22 -0400 Hi. Can anyone give me any kind of info on the next album? Are They going to do a pre-release tour like they did with FS? I was hoping that they would play sometime in August. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Carrie Hoffmann * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- "I'm crazy, but I get the job done!" - Ben Folds Five ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Michelle" Subject: Re: TMBG: I stand corrected Date: Tue, 10 Jun 97 20:41:43 PDT Wrong again. Although they do share the fact that I'm madly in lust with both of them. :) Michelle ---------- | FINE The dude in Con Air doesn't look like Linnell! HOWEVER Nicolas Cage | looks EXACTLY like FLANS! :) | --Tim Clark | Come visit The Graveyard:http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5724 Home of the | Official They Might Be Giants Web Ring | http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5724/tmbgring.html | MiSTie #79297 | ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Michelle" Subject: Re: TMBG: One last one Date: Tue, 10 Jun 97 20:40:59 PDT I would like to cast my vote in the worst thread contest for: "What's been the worst thread?" Enough already. Michelle ---------- | | On Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:48:40 -0500 "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." | writes: | >I can outthread you all. | > | >I have quite possibly the WORST TWOO THREADS! | > | >1. Is White a color? | > | >2. Lame | > | >Anyone trying to beat me will be beaten. If I can't beat you, I will | >arrange to | >have you beaten. If that doesn't work, I'll offer you as a sacrifice | >to Lord | >Leffel. | | I'm sorry, but nothing was as bad as the Marylin Manson thread! | | Evan "preparing to be beaten" Kleve | ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706100255.VAA15470@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: One last one Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 22:45:21 -0500 > > Anyone trying to beat me will be beaten. If I can't beat you, I will arrange to > have you beaten. If that doesn't work, I'll offer you as a sacrifice to Lord > Leffel. > > > Everyone knows that I'm in no mood for any sacrifices right after I get out of Burger King... URP! Mike "That Crazy-Mad Personal God" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706100253.VAA15428@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: New album? Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 22:43:06 -0500 > > Hi. > Can anyone give me any kind of info on the next album? Are They going to > do a pre-release tour like they did with FS? I was hoping that they would > play sometime in August. Any info would be greatly appreciated! > Carrie Hoffmann > * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'Matt's Life Savings' is due out next october.. there's no mention of the new tour yet. Mike "Celestia's Personal God" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706100304.WAA15623@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: I've killed my family to get their money because TMBG told me to. Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 22:54:01 -0500 > > Actually there is a much better program than winplay3 I AM LOOKING FOR IT AS WE SPEAK. YOU HAVE DONE WELL. HERE IS A COOKIE SHAPED LIKE JOEY BISHOP. MMM. TASTE THE RAT-PACKINESS. Mike "The Ascending One" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706100311.WAA15728@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: I've been feeding my invalid grandma no-doz and keeping her in front of the TV with infomercials running 24/7. Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:00:56 -0500 WHOO HOO! I just gave some TMBG AKA'S and OTHER MADNESS to my freind who will get them scanned in... YIP! Now to finish the rest... AND on the TMBG COMIC front.. this'll still be some time before its out. I keep having bouts of internal conflict as I ponder making it comic book or text with pictures... see, I'm a very confused platypus. ANd koala bears are too bears, cause they eat honey and steal picnic baskets. Mike "Filling your mailbox and it makes you mad" Leffel I'm Celestia's PERSONAL GOD, you know. ^_^ ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 00:40:07 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970610004006_272374127@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Linnell Guys.. this being a mailing list and all.. people come and people go. The new people are generally fresh and rabid in their perception of TMBG.. let's not weaken their adoration by beating them down because they don't know the correct pronounciation of J.L.'s name. I didn't know once.. I would venture to guess that most of you didn't. It's not their fault that they don't know. Welcome newbies! Group hug! Lurkers! Come on, give us a kiss! On a question (thread) like this.. I say just take a big breath and someone reply.. unless it's already in the FAQ.. in which case, Duh! Read the FAQ's you dummy-heads! the ever peace and love loving, Heather "ah... a bear in it's natural habitat.. a studebaker." -Fozzie ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 00:28:42 -0500 (CDT) From: Jason Gohlke Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Influence-o-rama Message-ID: Wow, TMBG's influence on my life, what a good question: The one band I like now because of TMBG that no one else mentioned was Soul Coughing -- seeing them and TMBG play Spy together in Madison, WI was awesome if not, well, transcendent. Plus, of course, cub, and Ben Folds Five, and Mono Puff. (The only band I've seen open for TMBG that I thought was dreadful was Swales. I didn't think they had anything in common with TMBG and the lead singer was pretty creepy.) Gosh, what else... I would have had less in common with some pretty cool people I've met. "Just look at me | J a s o n L. G o h l k e I'm having the time of my life | jlgohlke@students.wisc.edu or something quite like it" | bjorn@arch.housing.wisc.edu -Elvis Costello | (608) 259-0711 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:17:17 -0400 (EDT) From: Beth Connell Subject: TMBG: Non TMBG-Con air Message-ID: From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: I stand corrected Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 21:55:43 -0400 Message-Id: <199706100203.3798000@rma.edu> FINE The dude in Con Air doesn't look like Linnell! HOWEVER Nicolas Cage looks EXACTLY like FLANS! :) --Tim Clark ----- Heh. What drugs you on, bub? :) Everyone knows Nicolas Cage looks like my dad. And my dad looks -nothing- like Flans. :) OBTMBG, sorta: Vlad, did you come up with a final final draft of the letter? I'd like to see it.. Beth PS I am serious about Nicolas Cage looking like my dad. My mom thinks he's cute 'cause he reminds her of dad. My mom's wierd... -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339D2BA3.74BC@mail.sdsu.edu> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 03:25:39 -0700 From: Jordan David Maynard Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Influence-o-rama This seems like an interesting thread, so... Tmbg have led me to some very interesting music over the years.. Brian Dewan. Saw him open at the Palo Alto show, he rocked the place... Cub. Duh. Seeing the lisas (and robyn!!) open for the johns rocked. Ok, now for the round-about stuff; Doutang, Heuvos Rancheros, MTX (the Mr. T Experience), The Queers, Pansy Division etc. all these came about as an extended extension of tmbg covering 'new york city', witness: 1. tmbg covers new york city 2. cub opens for tmbg 3. cub rocks so i buy all their albums 4. i buy the mint records sampler disc coz it has cub tracks i need 5. i like most if not all the mint bands (heuvos, doutang) 6. on that mint CD there is one MTX track and its REALLY good (its called 'dumb little band' its on 'love is dead' buy it now!!! 7. i buy most of MTX's CDs 8. i buy heide sez, the lookout records sampler, coz it has mtx tracks i dont have 9. I end up liking alot of the lookout bands (the queers, pansy division) and it all started with tmbg.. btw for those who both don't know and are interested, The Mr T Experience is a BRILLIANT local pop/punk trio from berkeley (yes i know that sounds familiar, but trust me, green day was never this smart).. if you like intelligent pop/punk (and if you like cub and tmbg then you def. do) i urge... beg... cajole you to go pick up MTXs album "love is dead" ... it is their latest and imho greatest album, and you will not be dissapointed by tracks such as "dumb little band", "ba ba ba ba ba", "i fell for you", "im like 'yeah', but she's all 'no'" and "you're the only one" .... I think joel, the (current) bassist, put it best when he said, "We all squandered what were promising futures in order to toil in the relative semi-celebrity of a punk rock band that plays two-minute songs about girls. (Our detractors would claim that all of our songs are about girls, and well... they'd be right. But, hey, if being obsessively single minded on the subject of the fair sex is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.)" back me up here joda (heya there btw, long time no email...) jdm p.s. I will leave you with the lyrics to "dumb little band" (one of their few songs *not* about a girl), just to wet your palette... Dumb Little Band - MTX "Let me introduce you to our dumb little band you might find it hard to understand we've got a show even though we know no one's gonna go we'll crank our second-hand Marshall Stacks' dumb little knobs we're paying for them with our dumb little jobs the guy at the bar says he things we're okay we kind of remind him of Green Day... but it's a dumb little band and there's not much to say maybe we'll see you when we play in some big empty room one day we do a record every year that nobody's gonna hear or understand -- a dumb little band. Every year we self destruct a bit we break up when the drummer quits we talk him into doing one more show and then the bass-player quits and we break up again we don't know how to be regular guys or what to do with our dumb little lives we don't have anything to prove we'll be in trouble if we ever do... cause it's a dumb little band but we travel through the land we unpack all our stuff from our dumb little van we play some songs and then we pack it up again hand in hand -- a dumb little band not exactly in demand. Our friends are all busy with their own affairs becoming punk rock millionaires they're taping their live album at the Hollywood Bowl we're taping our flyers to the telephone pole it's a dumb little band and nobody knows why we keep having shows even though nobody goes we keep rolling along playing our dumb little songs... hand in hand -- a dumb little band... " ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:41:23 -0600 From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. >At 08:27 PM 6/9/97 -0500, you wrote: >>I've got three words for you. >>Buttknobs. >>Desert Island. > >I've got 7 words for you, big guy: >Pink or Blue? >Lactose intolerance >Mr. Blobby A few more words for those so inclined: McDonald's BROTHER JOHN BLACKHAWK Gay? List Marriages -- ,, Jonathan (JonBob) Chaffer Member DNRC MSTie #16490 TMBG #25267 ->QQ<- Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ _||_ "Anything ragged or rotten or rusty-- yes, I love trash." --Oscar ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:16:12 EST From: "Tim: bringing joy through allstus!" Message-ID: <009B590F.C96D0BA0.15@kenyon.edu> Subject: TMBG: in Brain Candy soundtrack I was watching Brain Candy, a Kids in the Hall movie, very funny (Gleemonex!). Thre's a scene where the main character is presenting Emmys or Gammys or something, and for just a few seconds, they were playing "Spiralling Shape". My friend and I both darn near fell out of our chairs. Tim ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:31:41 EST From: "Tim: bringing joy through allstus!" Message-ID: <009B5911.F2D4CC60.69@kenyon.edu> Subject: TMBG: RE: Non-TMBG Star Wars Isn't Alec Guiness DEAD? I could have sworn he died... Tim ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:34:52 +0100 From: David Sloan Message-ID: <339D660C.4357@hw.ac.uk> Organization: Heriot-Watt University Subject: TMBG: Re: Non-TMBG Star Wars Tim: bringing joy through allstus! belched: > > Isn't Alec Guiness DEAD? I could have sworn he died... Me and my flatmates had a big argument about that. I say he died, but I think I was wrong. So I guess he's alive. Helpful, eh? Dave ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: We Might BG, Too! Message-ID: <19970610.103400.4959.1.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:40:13 EDT On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:21:54 -0400 (EDT) Tom Hare writes: >Is this still going on? I have the Famous Polka, MAYBE exquisite Dead > >guy (if i feel like singing... ugh) and even less likely She Was A >Hotel >Detective (the back to skull one) For it. Famous Polka is ready now, >So >is EDG, but the other one i still have to put together. Just >nofitifying >people, I hope this gets to the right ones. > > >----------------------------------------------------------------------------- >Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG >tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org >hare@tmbg.org >----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > My Band !Aviso! does a pretty rockin' SWAHD but unfortunately due to extreme lack of instrumental talent we had to revert to more common instruments....How can I get involved with this? > Superfly ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706101453.HAA13706@mta3.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:54:13 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: Re: TMBG: lets go back in time ---Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > I couldn't disagree more, and your comparison of "Purple Toupee" and "Pet > Name" is faulty. I agree. Good lord, this thread AGAIN? We had it last month! > For one one thing, comparing a Flans song and Linnell song > is pretty unfair since they have such different styles, though both great, > imho. Good point. You GO, girl! B >I'd say "Pet Name" > compares quite favorably, as does "Out of Jail." I'm listening to "Pet Name" right now. It's one of my fave Flans songs. It's one of the best, most honest songs he's ever written. I also love "out of Jail"- another honest song. Does a TMBG song have to b e wordy, oddly humorous, or reference-filled? I believe these songs say that Mr. Flansburgh has his moments of angst and sincerity. Sheesh. Well, that's my 2 cents. > > Kay, who's never met a TMBG song she didn't like (or learned to) :) > Cookie, who could say the same. _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706101511.AA28457@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: RE: Non-TMBG Star Wars Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:11:11 -0400 (EDT) > Isn't Alec Guiness DEAD? I could have sworn he died... I haven't heard any news tht he died so my guess is that he is still alive. I heard on the radio this morning that Ewan McGregor is, in fact, going to be the young Ben in the new movies. Also Liam Neeson will be a jedi master and Natalie Portman will be Luke's mother. No word on any other characters in the new Star Wars. All I can think of is "A Scottish druggie as Ben Kenobi?" hehehehe actually I think Ewan is English, anyone know for sure? /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706101512.IAA11752@mta1.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 08:12:24 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: Re: TMBG: DEAR LORD, NOT AGAIN. ---Jonathan Chaffer wrote: > A few more words for those so inclined: > McDonald's ^^^^^^^^^^ Rag on McDonald's, will we? Just don't ever go to MY McDonald's...You might get a nasty surprise. > Gay? Oooh, i have to admit, that one was annoying. Cookie _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:53:20 +0100 (BST) From: "D. Robertson" Subject: completely-irrelevant-TMBG: A Scot and a Guinness Message-ID: On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Matthew James wrote: > All I can think of is "A Scottish druggie as Ben Kenobi?" hehehehe > actually I think Ewan is English, anyone know for sure? Nope, Ewan McGregor is Scottish, he was the only Scottish person in the film I think. The girl who played Diane might have been as well. And they all had soft accents so that it was easier for you Meerkats to understand. And they filmed it in Glasgow because Edinburgh wasn't skanky enough to suit the book. OK, this has nothing to do with TMBG but being from Edinburgh it's a point of proudness that our city is cleaner than Glasgow (It's a city thing) And can I be really pedantic and say he's not a druggie he played a character who was a druggie. You might as well say a Yorkshire Trumpet player as Kenobi, or A scottish almost murderer as kenobi. And while we're on the subject Alex Guinness is not dead. He was in the paper not to long ago complaining about the publicity that the re-release got. Star Wars a-la Rocky Horror show #231 When Obi-Wan Kenobi appears on screen chant in the time honoured terrace style There's Obi Wan Kenobi There's Obi Wan Kenobi There's Obi Wan Ke-e-e-e-no-o-o-o-bi There's Obi Wan Ke-e-e-e-no-o-o-o-bi That's it, you can go now. __________________________________________________________________ Douglas Robertson "When he gets very excited about playing his Derwent College favourite songs he jumps up and down in a University of York very endearing way. When he's extremely Heslington excited about playing his favourite songs York he falls off the stage." YO1 5DD Where bad jokes and poor design collide... Flumcake On-line: http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/flumcake Channel F: http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/channelf __________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:24:09 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970610122301_-261817379@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: Non-TMBG Star Wars >Isn't Alec Guiness DEAD? I could have sworn he died... No he's not dead, he's in his early 80's now, but still alive ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970610101610.007153b0@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:17:05 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: My TMBG dream! Hi 'vryone, you'll all be relieved to know that I just had my second TMBG dream. I dreamed that I was in a record store, and I spotted Linnell in the next aisle. So I went up to him and politely requested an autograph, and he cheerfully (honestly, he was a really nice guy in my dream) signed my broken copy of Factory Showroom. He insisted on signing it "Sidney Linnell," actually, which I thought was weird. Then he told me to listen to WDTSS? over and over again to help me prepare for my physics final. (That's my Linnell, always looking out for me. :) And finally, he informed me that their next album would have another educational track on it, and that it should help me with my vector calculus final. And that was my finals-week-inspired TMBG dream. Speaking of next albums, somebody said that _Matt's Life Savings_ was due out in October? Where did you hear this? Has it been confirmed by Elektra and/or the Johns? (I'm not ragging on you, buddy, I'm just curious. :) --nicole the wonder nerd assiduously avoiding thoughts of her impending physics final *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:58:01 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Bennigans of tallahssee. Message-ID: I woke up at 12:03, after telling my father I'd pick him up for lunch at 12. So I drove over there and got there at 12:21, and we went to bennigans. We ate and talked about boring stuff like his legal blindness in his right eye and me moving into a condo during college. Then, as we were leaving, I put the car in reverse to back out of the space, and lo and behold when I leaned over something caught my eye. I did a double take and there it was: On the car next to me's rear window, a THEY skull decal! I say Holy Shit!(my father is not too pleased) but asks what? And i go "That's a They Might Be Giants Skull!" And he says "Oh, I saw it when we got here, but didn't know it was They they." So, whoever was in Bennigans of Tallahassee, if you're on this list, answer me. Oh, and the car was grey. Tom "Imitating signatures" Hare * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706101857.LAA15033@mta5.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:57:13 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: TMBG:I had a TMBG dream! YAY!(LONG) Hi listies! I had a fabulous TMBG dream last night. I've gotten into the habit of writing my dreams down, so I can give you a full report. I dreamed it was a fine summer night, right after sunset. I was in a park with a book and a picnic basket enjoying the view. John Flansburgh was on the bench next to my blanket. I went over to say hi, I'm a fan, could I have an autograph please. I said, "Hi, Mr. Flansburgh". He said to me, "Hi Anastasia. Call me Jack. Remember? How's your cat?" "She died on Friday." Which really did happen. "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. How's Susan [my mom] taking it?" I was in shock to hear him talk to me like he knew me. Somehow I carried on a conversation. At this point I think I realized it was a dream, but managed to remain asleep. (Those kind of dreams are so cool.) he then said "In case you didn't know, we're having a huge housewarming party. Craig will be there. it will be fun. It's at the house." I din't know where the house was, but that was ok because I was there. I was also wearing cool, party-appropriate clothes. The house was huge and old. Graham was mixing margaritas and chatting with Heather Tinkler. He called across the room to me to come over. So I did. Former bassist Tony was mixing daquiris and chatting with Graham. Graham greeted me like we were old friends and asked how school was. I told him I was on break and asked how he was. "Oh, i'm fine. Say, have you met Tony?" "Errr..no.Hi." Tony said "I have heard so much about you from Jack. Now I get to meet you...this is SOOO cool." He made darn good daquiris. Then Dan slunk up to the bar and gave me a looooong hug and asked where I'd been.I told him I was awfully busy lately, what did he expect? He laughed at all my jokes. Brian made a huge entrance and sauntered over to us. "You must be Anastasia. John has told me so much about you. So, do you like Barenaked Ladies?"He said. "Yes, I do. You too, huh? Cool." I wandered around the party until i found a huge conga line and I joined it. Around this time, Linnell wandered in with 3 people: Flans, a blond woman with gentle features in a tie-dyed dress and Birkenstocks, and a tall, thin black-haired woman in a purple velvet slipdress, fishnets, and Doc boots. the blond was Robin; the slink goddess was Karen. They all headed toward me. (At this point, it looks like I'm watching a Super 8 film.) They gathered around me and all started talking at once (except for Karen, who was strangely quiet.) They were all loud and garrulous. Then Linnell asked me to dance. He said, "Ask me anything. Well, almost. No questions about my marriage or any illnesses. that stuff's personal." So I asked, "Do you have any pets?" He didn't. he was a good dancer, too. Next thing I knew, I was locked in a closet with Brian Doherty. I guess this dream was getting to be a little too good, because I woke up to the sound of trash trucks. Sorry for the long post, Cookie, awaiting interps === This message has been brought to you by Saint Ana The Suave Productions. Visit http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1993 for fun and excitement. _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:11:02 +0100 (BST) From: "D. Robertson" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Dreams Message-ID: Seeing as the dream threads been brought up again I thought I'd mention the couple of dreams I had. The most recent one was a couple of weeks ago when I dreamt about their new album. Not the song or the name or anything like that but the album artwork. It was rather groovy though, much better than my normal imagination. The cover only covered half the CD, splitting it in half vertically. The hlaf that was visible was white, but mainly covered by an angled big black rectangular thing. This was reflective and, sticking out of it at one end where the heads of the two Johns and one third person who I didn;t recognise, only half their heads where visible and they were reflected in the rectangular thing. I also dreamt up a quite stunning video to Spiraling Shape. I was very impressed by it but it's far too complex to describe here It makes a change from my usual dreams. The lasty one I had was where lots of dinosaurs entered York University. I woke up as I was beeing eaten by a Wild Boar. Yours, __________________________________________________________________ Douglas Robertson "When he gets very excited about playing his Derwent College favourite songs he jumps up and down in a University of York very endearing way. When he's extremely Heslington excited about playing his favourite songs York he falls off the stage." YO1 5DD Where bad jokes and poor design collide... Flumcake On-line: http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/flumcake Channel F: http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/channelf __________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:02:12 -0400 (EDT) From: Sean Kinlin Subject: TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life Message-ID: Stefanie Elliott > I want to know what stuff you all have gotten into because of > TMBG- come, share with the group! Well, let's see: If not for TMBG... -I wouldn't be on this list -I would never have heard of the Young Fresh Fellows (I now have 3 YFF albums) -I wouldn't have discovered Cub -I wouldn't know anything about James K. Polk or James Ensor -I would never have heard of, or seen in concert, Brian Dewan -I wouldn't have made any long-distance calls to NYC from my house -I'd probably be $100 richer, but have fewer T-shirts -My Dad would not have heard of Them (and been given by me a copy of Apollo 18) -My brother would think my taste in music was slightly less stupid (he doesn't like Them, the poor philistine...) -I would own fewer CD's and tapes -I wouldn't have heard of Phil Ochs -I wouldn't know quite as much about the Sun That's all I can think of but I'm sure there's something else... -Sean ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:06:14 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell Message-ID: <19970610.170647.7062.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 00:40:07 -0400 (EDT) TheyMBG@aol.com writes: >Guys.. > this being a mailing list and all.. people come and people go. >The new >people are generally fresh and rabid in their perception of TMBG.. >let's not >weaken their adoration by beating them down because they don't know >the >correct pronounciation of J.L.'s name. I didn't know once.. I would >venture >to guess that most of you didn't. It's not their fault that they >don't know. > Welcome newbies! Actually I'm not a newby. I've been on the list since the beginning of March. But it's just one of those things. If that huge thread went on while I was present, then what can I say? I'm oblivious. Thank you for your support. -Evan R. Kleve ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:09:02 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama Message-ID: > >I want to know what stuff you all have gotten into because of > >TMBG- come, share with the group! All I'm going to say is, I wouldn't have a tattoo of THE MAN. >;) -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, the Washington State Listies page, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: PACQUISTO@aol.com Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:15:21 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970610171432_-1363253332@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG review on NPR and in AP Yesterday on NPR I taped an audio concert review of a show from the Avalon in Boston. It was favorable, but not too informative. It was only about 5 -7 mins. long, but it was just odd hearing an older man, who was very radio professional, talking about them on NPR. Also today I found a good review of Then in the latest Alternative Press. They gave it a 4, so check it out. ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:55:17 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970610175447_-1998168153@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Change, threads, boot shop, NON-TMBG-Lolla July 19 Pitt Hello 41- A few ways TMBG has effected my life that haven't really been mentioned. -I wouldn't have heard of the Hello CD of the Month club, and not heard Duplex Planet or Kurt Hoffman's Band of Weeds and stuff like that. -I think I beat you all in the money category though... -I would never have gone to Conneticut. Threads: I really didn't like the TMBG trading cards thread among others... Boot Shop- Adam's haus of bootlegs has once again opened for the summer, and I will be emailing all of you who I have trades set up with when I set up my computer. Lollapalooza July 19th Pittsburgh- On July 19th, the Lollapalooza tour will be going through Pittsburgh, and it is the closest it will come to the east coast with Devo. I will be driving from Baltimore to Pittsburgh for it, and will have space in the car for others if you are on the way or want to meet here or in DC or whatever. Please email me if interested. Adam ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:57:25 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Without TMBG Message-ID: <19970610215748.AAA293@default> Without TMBG: I wouldn't have to dig through several dozen e-mails a day Wouldn't have to work my a@# off to get money Other things that have already been written.... Eric ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:55:27 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Without Them we'd all be losers! Message-ID: <19970610215550.AAB253@default> > Actually... I don't think we are cool... I think we're the oddballs. > Cool people are the ones who hate us. :) Speak for yourself. I'm cool. The oddballs are the ones I hate, duh. It's a benefit from being omnipotent. Eric ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:55:27 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Influence TMBG-O-Rama or whatever Message-ID: <19970610215550.AAA253@default> > Yoel97 mentioned: > >>"TMBG mouse pointer files"<< > > Where can I get my hands on these? > Since I just acquired Intellipoint software I am always looking for > cursors! > TMBG cursors would go GREAT with my desktop (all TMBG of course...) > Anyone know of any TMBG icons?? > Anyone have any they aren't telling us about?? > Anyone watching me right now? I have a rendered spinning flood logo. I think I got it from ftp://ftp.tmbg.org/pub/win95/Cursors (I followed a bad link and had to find it manually) Eric ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 10 Jun 97 18:05 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life >-I wouldn't know anything about James K. Polk or James Ensor That's one thing I forgot; if it weren't for TMBG I'd have gotten fewer questions about James K. Polk and the sun correct in Quiz Bowl. Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:38:23 -0700 (PDT) From: Keith Erickson Subject: TMBG: what if? Message-Id: What would the band be like today if radio stations played their albums constantly from the very begining of giant-hood? - *[=) canada guy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:06:13 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: what if? Message-ID: Pearl Jam. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Keith Erickson wrote: > What would the band be like today if radio stations played their albums > constantly from the very begining of giant-hood? > - *[=) canada guy > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339DEC7E.F24@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:08:30 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: B-Day > Whats the card? Im sure us people who put our names on it would like to > know. Its not entirely blank is it? Its got at least a picture right? > > The ever curious- > Kevin McGuire Okay, I got kinda a cute card... it's got a baby on the front with his butt hanging out... and you open it up and it says, "This year... no cracks about your age." So I took a Sharpie and wrote "Flans" with an arrow pointing to the baby... Then on the inside I wrote a little letter on who we are, etc. etc... then I put everyone's name and e-mail address. Then on the back, I broke down a little and put, "Err, did I write _all_ those e-mail addresses for nothing? I hope not! Please reply! We're not Immortals who want to hack off your head! (Don't ask... it's a long story)" Then I called Elektra, and they had NO clue on whether they would send it to They. So I called Restless, and they said they COULD and WOULD send the card to John. Yay! -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* George Carlin on religion: "...there's this big invisible man in the sky who made everything and he's watching you every moment of every day. He's got this little private world of fire and torture if you're bad, but he LOVES you, and he _needs_ money!" oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970610201732.007d7a40@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:17:32 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG:I had a TMBG dream! YAY!(LONG) After reading that all I could think of was what a "Former They Might Be Giants Band Members 20th Reunion" imagine if you will... -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970610203328.0072bfc0@mail.vt.edu> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:33:28 -0400 From: Christopher Sexton Subject: TMBG: Richmond??? Is there anyone on the list from Richmond VA area??? Sorry for the inconveniences I am getting old and we still haven't had a chance to walk in each others majestic presence. ~bye ********************************************************* Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk fuzzymonk@mindless.com http://www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton "I bet if you were made of Jell-o and you say in snow you butt would freeze" -FM!? "I do hurt myself alot" -Jackie Chan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <339DF21B.1E41@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:32:27 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: in Brain Candy soundtrack Tim: bringing joy through allstus! wrote: > > Postage paid by: [Image] > > --------------------------------------------------------------- > > I was watching Brain Candy, a Kids in the Hall movie, very funny (Gleemonex!). > Thre's a scene where the main character is presenting Emmys or Gammys or > something, and for just a few seconds, they were playing "Spiralling Shape". My > friend and I both darn near fell out of our chairs. > > Tim I'm warning you all, this post is NOT in chronological order. Whoaaaa... creepy. Right NOW, this second, I'm listening to Spiralling Shape... Hehe.. I was listening to Pet Name, and in that eerie cool suspenseful REST, my CD-ROM sorta chirped, like maybe a solo or something. It was cool. Even me CD-ROM likes TMBG! Also, if anyone goes to a concert in Washington, I mean a They concert, look for me. I'll probably be wearing my Tour 2040 shirt, and have long hair. I'm also almost 6 ft. Oh yeah. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Some place in this city I'm in has TWO copies of WDTSS?! One o' my pals got a copy already, so I'm gonna get the other... And I'll be VERY pissed if someone else buys it! -- Vladimir "DAMMIT, Brenden! Get yer hands off of it! IT'S MINE!" Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* George Carlin on religion: "...there's this big invisible man in the sky who made everything and he's watching you every moment of every day. He's got this little private world of fire and torture if you're bad, but he LOVES you, and he _needs_ money!" oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970610205707.0081a100@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:57:07 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell > this being a mailing list and all.. people come and people go. The new >people are generally fresh and rabid in their perception of TMBG.. let's not >weaken their adoration by beating them down because they don't know the >correct pronounciation of J.L.'s name. I didn't know once.. I would venture >to guess that most of you didn't. It's not their fault that they don't know. Yes it is! It's all their fault! We should beat them down until they learn not to ask questions! They should learn to fear the Elders ... and live in a cave ... and wave a flaming torch and scream obscenities at us when we come near ... yes. where was I? Evan "No... It's not sarcasm" Chakroff ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:19:00 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: B-Day Message-ID: <19970610.211901.15822.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) DAMNIT!!!!!! I sure picked a fine time to be away from the list for a few weeks! I wish my name/address had gotten on the card. This sucks very much bad. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:22:19 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: I've never had the priviage of meeting someone of your gender who has the characteristics you posses. Message-Id: Maybe it's just something in the air, but I gotta let it all hang out. First, old business. Mr. Kleve, I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud after reading your post. "I'm not a newbie, I've been here since March." Now, it's nothing that's bad, but, well, that's an odd statement. Don't feel bad about being a newbie, there's nothing wrong with it. :) Second, Older business. So you don't like the bad threads thread? Well how bout a GOOD threads thread? Tray Flesh Fest And the unending thread about many things that was started by Mr. Joshua Hall- Bachner. The subject read: "So I rolled down the window and said....." And everytime, what was said was changed. Real high quality stuff. I loved it. Third, and most importantly. I head a rumor a while back that Flans directed the video for "I've Never known a girl like you before" by Edwyn Collins. Knowing that this video is at the end of Empire records, I watched it, and I've now come up with the following. 1. Flans MUST have directed it. It's completely his style. Also see 2&3 2. Drawings by Tony Millionaire 3. Is that Xylophone player mr Brian Dohrety? If hey had had him on hand during filming (middle of a tour) the time period is perfect, and it looks a lot like him. He doesn't have all the hair, 'cause it's pulled back. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you for your minds. Rob Grabill. "Stuck his hand in a snowblower and... ouch." "Lose any fingers?" "Nope, got 'em right here" "Humina Humina Humina... LEFFEL!" ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 23:05:07 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970610230245_1754857086@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG:I had a TMBG dream! YAY!(LONG) That was the coolest dream i ever heard of. I thank you profusely for sharing it!!! SUZZIE5808, Who had a horrible TMBG dream last night in which my best friend and i were at my cousin't b-day party and the Johns showed up. My friend, who isn't much of a They fan but knows all too well that i worship them and have for the last 4 1/2 years, insisted on talking to Linnell and not letting me get a word in edgewise. Then they went upstairs and came back 5 min later. They told me that it was absolutely essential that i go with them next week to Great Adventure, and that lives were at stake. Then Linnell said something implying that he and my friend had just fooled around, and i was so upset because she doesn't even LIKE They and Linnell's married, and she has a serious boyfriend, and, well, I was seetingly jealous. Then I left the party, stormed down the stairs, screaming "How dare she???!!!" silently to myself. I told my friend today about the dream, and she found it hilarious, and promised to never do that again. I don't know what to make of this dream. I've had at least 20 TMBG dreams (I am blessed) but that was the first unpleasant one. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970610195814.006cc7dc@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:00:45 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG Influence-o-rama At 02:09 PM 6/10/97 -0700, you wrote: > >> >I want to know what stuff you all have gotten into because of >> >TMBG- come, share with the group! > >All I'm going to say is, I wouldn't have a tattoo of THE MAN. I will not mention that I did not give Lani extra credit on the fandom test for her extraordinary lack of devotion to TMBG (as evidenced by the tattoo that she does not have). Once I picked my jaw up off the floor, that is. >Okay, I got kinda a cute card... it's got a baby on the front with his butt hanging >out... and you open it up and it says, "This year... no cracks about your age." >So I took a Sharpie and wrote "Flans" with an arrow pointing to the baby... Seriously, though, Vlad, why the potty humor? I mean, I think it's really cool that you're doing this, and John forbid you pick one of those sappy smarmy cards, but there are plenty of cards that are funny without being gross. *sigh* I feel like an old fogey... :) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 23:05:04 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199706110305.XAA09642@cyber1.servtech.com> From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: Eeeee-vil, eeeee-vil, eeeee-vil... >Does anyone else carve the 4 bubble TMBG symbol into their thigh every >time they convert someone to TMBG like a kill marker on a fighter jet or >am I different and strange? I don't have space, what with all my Easy Listening Nazi Rock Band symbols. >If not for TMBG; If not for TMBG, um, well, I wouldn't be listening to TMBG. Duh. >f) gotten heavily into pot >g) probably have better grades Better grades of pot? :) >I was just wondering about chess-peice face last night.. and exactly how >many songs is he referred to? Chess Piece Face, Rabid Child, and Hey Mr. DJ. John Linnell seems to have a bit of a complex from that *other* John L., who also did the "self-reference" thing quite a bit. Other examples, off the top of my head (not mentioning "sequels" like (SWA)HD -> SWAHD and CFake -> CFaker): HMDJ also mentions "The World's Address," and NotSM mentions "The Big Big Whoredom." >1. If anyone makes life decisions based on the band, that's just plain sick. >It's not devoted, it's just wrong. Um, yeah. I mean, they're just regular freaking people. It's ridiculous to do something (or, conversely, not do it) just because some band says something, especially since, when it comes down to it, you probably have infinitely better judgement about it than they do. >I might conceivably have a girlfriend Um, am I the only person who finds it somewhat disturbing that so many people seem to have given up the opportunity to nab a spouse for a pop band? I mean, I wouldn't have a girlfriend even if I *didn't* listen to TMBG. :) >So, considering other "near the end" tracks like "Snowball in Hell," >"Sapphire Bullets" and "The Day," I'd say "Pet Name" compares quite >favorably, as does "Out of Jail." Did you forget about They'll Need A Crane, Rhythm Section Want Ad, The End of the Tour, &c.? The only album I'd consider to be "frontloaded" is Flood, which really does suffer pretty strongly from it. >Is it linn- ELL or LINN-ell? I always thought it was LINN-ell. That's how >I've been pronouncing it for a year. Which one is it, someone please tell >me! Sheesh! John's name is spelled Linnell and pronounced "FAR-feg-NU-gen." Duh. >Buttknobs. You have Uttered the Word which Is Never To Be Spoken. (And Spelled it Wrong, to Boot.) You shall Be Cast into a Hideous Pit of Torment to Suffer Eternally for your Sins in this Mortal World! BWAHH HAH HAH HAH HA! >My friend Matt would not have proposed to his ex-girlfriend. Um, this statement confuses me. Was she his ex-girlfriend at the time (which, I would suppose, would make this change a bad thing) or is she *now* his ex-girlfriend (which would, I suppose, make it a *good* thing if he had not proposed to her)? Josh Eschew Ofuscating Polysyllabic Utterances /-------------Joshua Hall-Bachner-------------Chaos Harlequin-------------\ | harlequin@tmbg.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970610200708.0076bb38@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:07:15 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: More food for thought! Ahoy So I'm thinkin. (No snide comments, please. :) Isn't it true that someone on this list posted, a few months back, a story about hearing Number 3 live, and hearing Flans and Linnell introduce it by saying that they left out the President's name so that the song wouldn't date as fast? (Or something.) Didn't Linnell further go on to say, tongue in cheek, that the song had been written during the Wilson administration? Wouldn't this be irrefutable proof that he is an Immortal? Or am I making this story up? --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 23:24:33 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Change, threads, boot shop, NON-TMBG-Lolla July 19 Pitt Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 10-Jun-97 TMBG: Change, threads, boot.. by NitpickR@aol.com > -I think I beat you all in the money category though... really? in what way? spent more or less than the rest of us as a direct result of becoming a TMBG fan? (if you think you've spent more, I'm ready to contest that claim... :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970610233442.00806890@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 23:34:42 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: mp3 hey. I've got a couple mp3 files at spot.home.ml.org/mp3 Felt tip Pen and James K Polk. both from NPR. Check it totally out. -ec ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Michelle" Subject: Re: TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life Date: Wed, 11 Jun 97 21:10:36 PDT ---------- | | Stefanie Elliott | | > I want to know what stuff you all have gotten into because of | > TMBG- come, share with the group! | | That's all I can think of but I'm sure there's something else... | Oh yeah, one I forgot.... Never would have danced the Conga in public. And I have a REALLY tough time believing all of you people would be all that money richer.... not to say that I haven't made a healthy investment in TMBG over the past 9 years, but had the $$$ not gone to them they would have gone to some other band. Does everyone else really have that limited musical taste? Or that much money that they really can spend all the money they want on music? If anyone fits in that second category and would like to help fund the many concerts I am interested in attending this summer please contact me directly. Whatever.... Michelle ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970611001406.0069f1dc@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:14:06 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: How TMBG has influenced my life The money I spent probably would've gone towards eating. Before becoming massively obsessed with TMBG, I used to spend most of my money eating out (Clemson University has a terrible meal plan)...now I tend to skip decent meals and buy CDs. TTYL, -Adam At 09:10 PM 6/11/97 PDT, you wrote: > >And I have a REALLY tough time believing all of you people would be all >that money richer.... not to say that I haven't made a healthy investment >in TMBG over the past 9 years, but had the $$$ not gone to them they would >have gone to some other band. Does everyone else really have that limited >musical taste? Or that much money that they really can spend all the money >they want on music? If anyone fits in that second category and would like >to help fund the many concerts I am interested in attending this summer >please contact me directly. /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-161 ******************************