Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-166 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 166 Monday, 16 June 1997 Today's Topics: NON-TMBG:Nick TMBG: re; NON-TMBG--> HANSON, i have to..... TMBG: I said I had left, Now I've returned! TMBG: busking? like acoustic?? TMBG: need setlists TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! Re: TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! Non-TMBG: Mike Leffel's Sigs Re: TMBG: busking? like acoustic?? Re: TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! TMBG: A fistful of pennies Re: TMBG: NEXT TIME ON THE JACKIE SMAZZ SHOW!!!!>.... Re: TMBG: NEXT TIME ON THE JACKIE SMAZZ SHOW!!!!>.... Re: Non-TMBG: Mike Leffel's Sigs Re: TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! TMBG: These Mixes Of Convienience TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda Re: TMBG: These Mixes Of Convienience Re: TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda Re: TMBG: These Mixes Of Convienience Re: TMBG: and Matt's Life Savings scaaared meeeee Re: TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda TMBG: BTW, I'm just joking... TMBG: cartoons about tiny little dogs TMBG: Strenge Occurence... TMBG: MMMiketie: 77477 Re: TMBG: "Like Danny Akroyd, only fatta" TMBG: The Giants (none) Re: TMBG: "Like Danny Akroyd, only fatta" TMBG: birthday boy TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: The Giants TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: The Giants Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 01:08:28 -0700 Subject: NON-TMBG:Nick Message-ID: <19970615.010831.14966.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) WHAT'S WRONG WITH WATCHING NICK?????????? I would if I had that channel. I love Snick. Clarissa and Pete are awesome. Now can we please stop trying to defend ourselves with "my cousin watches it". We can be open about this. There is no shame in being...err... watching Nick. Josh Nielsen WE LOVE STICK!!! ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: re; NON-TMBG--> HANSON, i have to..... Message-ID: <19970615.072810.9534.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 09:28:10 EDT ec wrote: and... re: hanson Why are they so popular anyway? Is it the sex appeal? ;) dear god, no. what has this world turned into? um, no i still have to say that despite the ages of linnell and flans they are _much_ more appealing than hte Hanson guys. perhaps that's just cuz that 11 year old is soooo annoying i couldn't imagine having to spend any time whatsoever with any of them.... "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: Benhauck@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:02:48 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615100246_172730147@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: I said I had left, Now I've returned! Ben or Been has come BACK! I realize most of you don't care. But thanks for listening. You can reach me through my new summer e-mail address: Benhauck@aol.com My old address I will not check probably until January, or, if I have luck on my side, I might check it mid-October. Later, Ben or Been PS--Cort, if you hear me, write me with your website address!!! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:42:11 +1000 (EST) Message-Id: <199706151442.AAA26688@corinna.its.utas.edu.au> From: slbrown@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Brownie) Subject: TMBG: busking? like acoustic?? Someone on the newsgroup says that They were busking in Sydney a couple of years ago to fill in time before a concert. Not only is this really cool (if true, which I conceed is unlikely) but it raises an interesting (to me) question. Does anyone know if TMBG have done any acoustic ("unplugged") performances? Are there tapes of them doing songs with just an old steel string and accordian (or any acoustic set up)?? Are they available?? And yes I do know about "I Can Hear You", but are there any others??? Brownie --------------------------- tear here ----------------------------------------- Bad Recipe (courtesy Plonk): 1: Get five pounds of raw meat 2: Leave in sun for five days 3: Eat ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:05:01 -0500 (CDT) From: Little Woman From Another Place <00083933@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG: need setlists Message-ID: Hey, I was wondering if anyone has the setlists for the following shows? 6/18/94 Wolf Trap, VA 6/92 Chicago (Don't have exact date, sorry) 9/29/93 Stone Balloon, Newark, DE If so, could you please email them to me at the following address: 00083933@bigred.unl.edu Thanks!! =) Kylee * -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kylee Dickey 00083933@bigred.unl.edu | "Life's like a movie: Write your http://members.tripod.com/~ShortOne | own ending. Keep believing, keep she.is.actual.size@tmbg.org | pretending." --Kermit the Frog * -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706151844.NAA04445@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 14:34:19 -0500 I tell you, as a child of PacMania, this page brings nostalgia to my heart! And it's HILARIOUS! http://www.inficad.com/~schmoe/pacman.htm You'll love it. And if you don't, may you get a birthday card with a weird ass naked baby on it. Mike "Go, Froggy, Go!" Leffel ..you kids under 19 won't probably remember the Pacmania.. it was bigger than any 64 bit crapola event YOU'LL ever see, for gosh sakes! There was a commercial with this guy in shades, he saved a relationship by turning an arcade machine into a tiny version so this woman could take her husband home! IT WAS THE BOMB! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! And then, there was the Pac Man CARTOON! Best damn thing! The Pink PacMan turned Pac Man's washing machine into a Time Machine by accident! HA! And then there was Super Pac! BWHAHAHA! What a buffooon! He came out of little black holes.,.. the namco SuperNinntendo game "PacMan 2" relives some of this fun. Get it while you can!!! BWHAHAAHAHAHA!! ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 15:57:30 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615155727_24007556@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! In a message dated 97-06-15 15:48:31 EDT, maleffel@ncfcomm.com (Mike Leffel) writes: << ..you kids under 19 won't probably remember the Pacmania.. it was bigger than any 64 bit crapola event YOU'LL ever see, for gosh sakes! >> I remember Pacman and I'm only 14. I still often play it on my old Atari 800XL 8-bit computer. Talk about great graphics! ;D Joel "For some reason I started getting list mail sent a week ago only today" Gedalius President Save The Chia Pets Foundation ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 13:09:22 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970615120351.1b27ed88@proaxis.com> From: Celestia Subject: Non-TMBG: Mike Leffel's Sigs >>BTW I just wanted to say: I live to read Mike >>Leffel's sigs :) > >As do I . Our club meets every Thursday, 7:30 sharp. We go until 9 discussing the Virtues of the Newly-Dubbed Lord Leffel, and then we break for cookies and juice. At 9:30 we do a pagan ritual involving small effigies of Lord Leffel being passed around the room, and then we have more cookies and juice. Then we all go home and write a 10-page essay about His Majesty, and bring them all next Thursday so that we can all share our feelings with the group. Interested? Call 1-800-4-LEFFEL. Ask for "Jackson". Bridget "DIXIE CUPS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!" Guildner ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 16:25:07 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: busking? like acoustic?? Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 16-Jun-97 TMBG: busking? like acoustic?? by Brownie@postoffice.utas. > Does anyone know if TMBG have done any acoustic ("unplugged") performances? > Are there tapes of them doing songs with just an old steel string and > accordian (or any acoustic set up)?? Are they available?? they played an acoustic set on 12/31/89 in New York. (well, they might have been plugged in, but there was no tape backup - just the Johns on guitar and accordion) I believe they've occasionally appeared on TV with just guitar & accordion as well - on 120 minutes in 1990, they played Where Your Eyes Don't Go and Particle Man... there are quite a few of those actually... ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 16:25:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615162441_124661782@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! We come out at night and thing of ways to attack the lord Leffel. First it was the use of your sigs, then it was the Pac Attack. What's next? We can't say! In the words of lord Leffell BAWHAHA (I hope I got that right!) Joel "We might be Mike Leffel too!" Gedalius Co-Vice President Fourteen Year Olds Against Mike Leffel Society ~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ Mr. Leffel writes: What the hell is it with you fourteen year olds! You're the second one to attack me about my Pac report! GAA! It's a rebellion! I can't.. .fight.. you all at once... the.... teens.. are....GAAAAA!!!!! ^_^ Mike "I was six when you were born" Old Fogey > > I remember Pacman and I'm only 14. I still often play it on my old Atari > 800XL 8-bit computer. Talk about great graphics! ;D > Ah, Atari. The First. The Finest. The Makers of PitFighter. Dear Lord. > Joel "For some reason I started getting list mail sent a week ago only today" Magnets?! > Gedalius > President > Save The Chia Pets Foundation I've seen Chia Einstein Head... I should've bought it and endangered it for you! ^_^ ------------------------------ From: FraLupo@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 17:12:56 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615171255_1560210445@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: A fistful of pennies Hi everyone, Finally got caught up on my TMBG Digests (a weekly-or-so ritual), and have a fistful of pennies (x times $.02) to throw in: "The Man" is also an affectionate nickname for Joe Jackson (from his song "I'm The Man"). Band bashing is juvenile. There are bands I don't like, but I choose to be positive about the ones I do like, not negative about those. Marilyn Manson is merely the Alice Cooper of the 90's, no more, no less. Having been both a dance and radio DJ, I can say that negative requests are usually much harder to fill than positive ones, and even those can be hard to fill without losing a lot of listeners. For example, at a dance, for everyone who doesn't want to hear "Macarena," there will be dozens who do. At least twice. Now, I have slipped the Brownsville Mix of "Istanbul" in with excellent results before. The house mix of "S-E-X-X-Y" would probably go down well too. I would be wary of putting "Whirlpool" on at a dance, but I could see maybe the strangely countryish "Unrelated Thing" for a slow-dance. Some of my other favorite artists (in stream-of-consciousness order): Joe Jackson, The Velvet Underground, The Smiths, Buzzcocks, Pansy Division, Bob Dylan, Syd Barrett, Kraftwerk, Abba, The Carpenters, Bacharach & David-era Dionne Warwick, The Beatles, XTC *and* Adam Ant (hah!), O(+> (The Artist Formerly Known as Prince), Big Star, Raspberries, This Mortal Coil, Cocteau Twins, Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, The Dream Academy, AC/DC, Sade, J.S. Bach, Public Enemy, Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) and Parliament/Funkadelic. I thought "Pet Name" was a bit of a departure, but a nice one, sounding a little like a tribute to Squeeze. It actually helped me recover from an ill-fated relationship, too. _Apollo 18_ was a great album, the culmination of their style up to that time, but a dead end too. Where does one go from "Fingertips"? In another direction. My biggest wish is that Flansy would flex his guitar muscle a little more on TMBG's stuff. Well, it's about time for me to sneak on out of here for another week, so... Peace through eclectism, Mitch Wolf FraLupo@aol.com Terre Haute, IN "Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself."--TMBG ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 19:40:33 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: NEXT TIME ON THE JACKIE SMAZZ SHOW!!!!>.... Message-ID: <19970615234052.AAA1785@default> > Eeew.... What if MJ has them over for the night to... JAM??? > > > BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!! > > > Mike "I'll show you my singles if you show me yours!" Leffel Thank you for that lovely thought. I just needed to hear it. Thanks again, Eric ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706160020.TAA08093@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: NEXT TIME ON THE JACKIE SMAZZ SHOW!!!!>.... Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:10:02 -0500 ---------- > From: Wilson Dorward > To: maleffel@ncfcomm.com; tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: NEXT TIME ON THE JACKIE SMAZZ SHOW!!!!>.... > Date: Sunday, June 15, 1997 2:40 PM > > > Eeew.... What if MJ has them over for the night to... JAM??? > > > > > > BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!! > > > > > > Mike "I'll show you my singles if you show me yours!" Leffel > > Thank you for that lovely thought. I just needed to hear it. > Thanks again, Eric HAHAH! Sorry! ^_^ Mike "I am nothing if not a purveyor of mental images most indecent and unkind" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706160031.TAA08272@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Mike Leffel's Sigs Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:20:58 -0500 ---------- > From: Celestia > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > Subject: Non-TMBG: Mike Leffel's Sigs > Date: Sunday, June 15, 1997 3:09 PM > Bridget "DIXIE CUPS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!" Guildner I feel that I am the only person who can legally shove the little Dixie Cups back into the nutty dispenser after I indulge in the sweet, sweet water; in the Worship Hall Bathroom. Mike "Theres... There's a SINK!?!?" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A49415.571E@geocities.com> Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:17:09 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: NON: TMBG, but just as fun! > In a message dated 97-06-15 15:48:31 EDT, maleffel@ncfcomm.com (Mike Leffel) > writes: > > << ..you kids under 19 won't probably remember the Pacmania.. it > was bigger than any 64 bit crapola event YOU'LL ever see, for > gosh sakes! >> > > I remember Pacman and I'm only 14. I still often play it on my old Atari > 800XL 8-bit computer. Talk about great graphics! ;D > > Joel "For some reason I started getting list mail sent a week ago only today" > Gedalius > President > Save The Chia Pets Foundation Yeah! And the cartoon! Man, oh man, that was cool! My favorite cartoon, proll'y. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ "...and I rolled down the window, and said "PAC MAN!" ******************************************************************* "So the winds swept the Whirlpool across the sky..." -Meat Puppets, Whirlpool "NO! Not the red button!!" -Fester Shinetop oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706160037.TAA08387@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: These Mixes Of Convienience Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:27:35 -0500 I keep hearing of Mixes of Istanbul... does anyone have these things in MP3 or WAV format? Being as Istanbul is as cool as anything, I'd like to hear one of these mixes.... Mike "One degree shy of Sadistic" Leffel ANNOUNCING THE MIKE LEFFEL FAN CLUB, WORLDWIDE DIVISION!! In my hometown, I had a fan club once, but that lasted until all the Fan Club Buttons I hand-made were utterly destroyed in a sexual act by the person(s) who were supposed to distribute them.. I am not kidding. That ended the club. BUT NOW, THANKS TO POPULAR DEMAND, it will soon return. Of course, I've gotta whip up the crap and it will take time, like usual. BUT, you can reserve your place in the club by merely filling your pants with cream cheese and old FarSide comic strips... I'll fill in the rest later!!!! HAAAAAAA!!!! Mike "I'll lead you to perfection, except for that whole 'perfection' part" Leffel ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:55:47 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615215349_-1127996295@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda After reading all this Hanson stuff, I just had to add my two cents... I hail from Tulsa, Oklahoma, hometown of Hanson.. I just keep hoping they won't make one of those signs that says "welcome to Tulsa, home of Hanson!" scaaaarrry! And of all these 300 some odd gigs they supposidly played.. I'm pretty up to date on the music scene here..and I've never heard of them. I suspect they played birthday parties for their friends and family reunions... Heather "I loved PacDog best" Tinkler ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:00:32 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: These Mixes Of Convienience Message-ID: On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Mike Leffel wrote: > I keep hearing of Mixes of Istanbul... does anyone have these > things in MP3 or WAV format? Being as Istanbul > is as cool as anything, I'd like to hear one of these mixes.... > As far as TMBG has led me to believe (and that's a _lot_, believe you me!), there's only one Mix o' Instanbul, and that's the Istanbul Remix. Not too creative with the names, those boys. It's on the Istanbul single, as a bonus track. It'd be fun on the old trade-o-meter, if yer interested. > ANNOUNCING THE MIKE LEFFEL FAN CLUB, > WORLDWIDE DIVISION!! > Oh boy! I too had a fan club once, but it wasn't nearly as cool or fun. Do we get membership cards? Do we get discounts on club products? DO WE GET MIKE LEFFEL FAN CLUB T-SHIRTS? If there ain't no t-shirts, then I ain't joinin'. "Who's Mike Leffel?" "That's Lord Leffel to you, peon!" "Whatever. So who is he?" "Uh...he's this...guy. And...that's not for you to know, prole!" "OK...you frighten me. I'm going to go now." And so on, ad infinitum... Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html "If it's possible, history teaches us, we'll do it. It's not like when we built the atom bomb somebody said, 'Let's just make one and keep it in the house; it'll look nice over the fireplace.'" -Keith Olbermann on man and science, _The Big Show_ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970615220412.00825ea0@mail.ee.net> Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 22:04:12 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda >After reading all this Hanson stuff, I just had to add my two cents... I >hail from Tulsa, Oklahoma, hometown of Hanson.. I just keep hoping they won't >make one of those signs that says "welcome to Tulsa, home of Hanson!" > scaaaarrry! And of all these 300 some odd gigs they supposidly played.. I'm >pretty up to date on the music scene here..and I've never heard of them. I >suspect they played birthday parties for their friends and family reunions... hehe. Mental Picture: "Alright everyone, settle down... little Jimmy has a song he wants to play... go ahead, Jimmy, play your little song..." hehe. -ec PS. please substitude one of their real names for Jimmy, since I don't care what their names actually are. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706160121.UAA09017@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: These Mixes Of Convienience Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:11:11 -0500 > > > Oh boy! I too had a fan club once, but it wasn't nearly as cool or fun. > Do we get membership cards? If I could afford chromium... > Do we get discounts on club products? You can get a free stalk of celery with every ten pancake mix purchases... > DO WE > GET MIKE LEFFEL FAN CLUB T-SHIRTS? If there ain't no t-shirts, then I > ain't joinin'. Oh, there'll be T-Shirts... and they'll say "They Might Be Mammaries" on the ladies versions.! ^_^ > "Who's Mike Leffel?" > "That's Lord Leffel to you, peon!" > "Whatever. So who is he?" > "Uh...he's this...guy. I'm no Zaphod, you realize!! ^_^ >And...that's not for you to know, prole!" > "OK...you frighten me. I'm going to go now." > > And so on, ad infinitum... > > Don't you know that if THERE IS HOPE... it LIES in THE PROLES!?!?!?!?!?!? BWHAAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Mike "Ah, sweet laugh track of life" Leffel ------------------------------ From: KyeserSoze@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 22:11:31 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615220745_815004095@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: and Matt's Life Savings scaaared meeeee >* an accordian obsession Hee hee.. me and Jordan(1c) have the same obsession... although most of the people on this list probably do... -Daniel And me other faverit music persons be: Misfits, Bad Religion, Dramarama, Suicidal Tendencies, Primus, A Tribe Called Quest, Led Zepplin, Jamiroquai, Danny Elfman, Metallica (1981-1991), Megadeth, Aerosmith (until Get a Grip), De La Soul, The Fat Boys, Propaghandi, Green Jello, Weird Al, Prince, U2, Bob Marley, R.E.M., Gwar, Corrosion of Conformity, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Danzig, Elvis Costello, Sick Of It All, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Radiohead, The Cars, more... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706160125.UAA09055@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:14:47 -0500 > > PS. please substitude one of their real names for Jimmy, since I don't care > what their names actually are. HitlerJungen #1, HitlerJungen #2.... Have you SEEN their hair? Dear lord... this is as sick as seeing a six year old girl look sexier than professional supermodels so parents can live vicariously through them. Hope someone knocks THEM off at christmas!! You know.. that might have been a bit much, even from me... Mike "Why wait until CHRISTMAS!!!" Leffel More Evil Than A Pee-O'd Satan In Tight Shoes ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706160132.UAA09153@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: BTW, I'm just joking... Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:22:06 -0500 ---------- > From: KyeserSoze@aol.com > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: and Matt's Life Savings scaaared meeeee > Date: Sunday, June 15, 1997 9:11 PM > > Jamiroquai, ... I don't think Robin Willaims should've made that movie. A Board Game with computer-animated monkeys?!?! Come on! ^_^ Mike "Not even HEARST would've let me go this far" Leffel "How far can he go?" "NO MAN CAN SAY!" ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 22:31:03 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615221252_-1194274549@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: cartoons about tiny little dogs Since the infamous M.L. mentioned the Pac Man cartoon (USA Cartoon Express.. way back when..) I was wondering if anyone could help me out on naming a few others.. mostly this Smurf like spinoff with these tiny dogs that lived in a castle?? I know this exists!! I didn't make it up! I didn't!!!! It was great!! and those Monchichis... Heather "sometimes people think I'm silly" Tinkler fan number 107 in the ML fan club ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706160235.WAA07079@jmurray.async.vt.edu> Subject: TMBG: Strenge Occurence... Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 22:35:16 -0400 From: John Murray I was listening to John Henry today. While The End of the Tour(TEotT) was playing, something eerie happened. When the line "there was a knock on the door and things abruptly changed" came on, simultaneously someone made a loud knock on my dorm room door. Very eerie, a very weird coincidence. I'd thought this weired TMBG story, I never had dream that featured the Johns. -- John Murray -=- jmurray@vt.edu johns@tmbg.org -=- http://acm.vt.edu/~jmurray Unofficial Pritchard Hall Page->http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jmurray/pritchard Save the Web! -> http://server.berkeley.edu/~cdaveb/anybrowser.html ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 23:08:08 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: MMMiketie: 77477 Message-Id: #1 Anyone else see David Spade with Hanson at the MTV awards? He mad fun of them the whole time and they didn't know! HA! #2 I don't want to alarm anyone at Leffel HQ, but something bad has happened. The Mike Leffel Phone line has been taken over by the office of Corrin-Sherman. This is a very bad thing. So please, everyone call 1-800-4-LEFFEL (1-800-453-3335) and demand they give the phone number back! Rob Grabill. "I feel like a quote out of context" -Ben Folds Five ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 23:46:35 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970615234634_-1697935028@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: "Like Danny Akroyd, only fatta" In a message dated 97-06-14 18:44:13 EDT, KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: (well, I wrote the 1st and 3rd parts..) << >SHUT UP about whether one "should" or "should >not" listen to just TMBG or just alternative, >but never Hansen, or have broad musical >interests or have just one goddamn >cd!!!!!!!!!...........I DON"T CARE!!!!!!! It is >not important!!!!!!!! We are here to talk about >a band that we all hold dear to our hearts!!!!! With all due respect here, I've said this a lot; and I'll say it again. If you don't like a topic, no one is forcing you to read it. I don't believe there is a single thread that will ever please everyone. It doesn't seem very fair to tell everyone what to post/not to post just because you don't like it, does it? >We are here to talk about the albums, bootlegs, >unreleased stuff, what the Johns are up to, and >interesting TMBG related (and occasional >informative or amusing unrelated) things. I'm not backing up the 'war' bit of the thread, but I find the other cd's thread to be an occasional informative unrelated thing. ::shrug:: >> Nononononono..........do not misunderstand me!!!!!! I was only complaining that people were getting disgustingly nasty about insulting each other about the kinds of music they listen to. I whole-heartedly agree that other cd threads are informative unrelated things.......for many reasons.......that was included in the "Unrelated Thing" part. The whole point of that post is that I just don't see why people have to get mean about it music......people disagree, sure, fine, that's only to be expected, but what, please tell me because I know not, is the point in going back and forth making fun of each other in a nasty manner??? SUZZIE5808 "Put away your big blue cigars!" ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:02:19 -0400 Subject: TMBG: The Giants Message-ID: <19970616.000220.4246.13.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I am new to the list, but have been a fan for many years. If anyone was at the TMBG concert in Cleveland on Dec.4,1996 at the Agora, you may have seen me crowdsurfing (against my will.) It was fun, and I think the Johns saw me (and thought me a fool.) Anyway, I was up next to the stage, up on the crowd, when I poked someone in the eye (on accident), lost my TMBG hat, then did a flip to the ground as the security staff caught me. Then a nice female fan threw my hat to me. I am grateful, whoever you are.... moral: TMBG fans are good, nice people. SORRY SO LONG!!! Bye, Hutch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:12:16 -0400 Message-ID: <19970616.001220.4246.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> One question: On the song "Become a Robot", instead of saying '..harbor a wishnik' , it sounds like '...harbor a penguin' or something. What do they really say? WHAT IS A WISHNIK????? -Hutch ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 23:10:56 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199706160410.XAA23168@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: "Like Danny Akroyd, only fatta" > With all due respect here, I've said this a lot; and I'll say it again. If > you don't like a topic, no one is forcing you to read it. I don't believe > there is a single thread that will ever please everyone. It doesn't seem >very > fair to tell everyone what to post/not to post just because you don't like > it, does it? One could just as easily argue the following: Some of us only have so much time to read our e-mail and/or only so much disk space to store it. We subscribe to a list conspicuously titled "tmbg-list", expecting to read e-mail relating to TMBG. We feel that if TMBG fans want to get together and chat about other things, they'd probably make a list called "tmbg-chat" or "tmbg-and-more". It doesn't seem fair to force everyone to sift through a lot of mail that doesn't seem appropriate to the list. Nobody is forcing us to read the mail, but the subject lines are seldom informative, so the only way to divine the content of a message, short of some mystical powers, is to read it. Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33a4c8670bca002@garnet.tc.umn.edu> Subject: TMBG: birthday boy Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:00:22 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts I'm a bit behind on my digests, but the Minneapolis Star-Tribune included John L. on its birthday list, along with folks from groups like Boston and Blues Traveler: - Accordionist-keyboardist John Linnell of They Might Be Giants, 38. %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970616005937.0070ad2c@mail.vt.edu> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:59:37 -0400 From: Christopher Sexton Subject: TMBG: Re: NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!! I think that this string should not be allowed to resurface! thanks. chris!? At 12:12 AM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote: >One question: > On the song "Become a Robot", instead of saying >'..harbor a wishnik' , it sounds like '...harbor a penguin' or >something. What do they really say? >WHAT IS A WISHNIK????? > > -Hutch > ********************************************************* Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk fuzzymonk@mindless.com http://www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton "I bet if you were made of Jell-o and you say in snow you butt would freeze" -FM!? "I do hurt myself alot" -Jackie Chan ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 01:38:07 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Giants Message-ID: <19970616.013807.11662.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:02:19 -0400 tmbgdhutch@juno.com writes: >I am new to the list, but have been a fan for many years. >If anyone was at the TMBG concert in Cleveland on Dec.4,1996 at the >Agora, you may have seen me crowdsurfing (against my will.) It was >fun, and I think the Johns saw me (and thought me a fool.) >Anyway, I was up next to the stage, up on the crowd, when I poked >someone in the eye (on accident), lost my TMBG hat, then did a flip to >the ground as the security staff caught me. >Then a nice female fan threw my hat to me. >I am grateful, whoever you are.... > YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!! I was at that concert and I'm pretty sure I saw you (as you went above me)! What a great show that was, even though people were flicking cigarette butts at Flans (he flicked them off)! That was my first TMBG concert (out of three). So "Older" was the first song I'd ever heard live, and what a GREAT opener! I didn't croudsurf because the security guards looked mean. :) -Evan R. Kleve ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 01:40:31 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19970616.014032.11662.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:59:37 -0400 Christopher Sexton writes: >NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!! > >I think that this string should not be allowed to resurface! > HEY! I thought we were in agreement to be more tolerant of resurected threads! ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 01:47:56 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970616014755_-1094238773@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: The Giants Hello 41- In a message dated 6/16/97 5:31:06 AM, hutch wrote: <> To all the peaceful people in Giantland, lend me your ears. I might be missing somthing very big, but I don't belive there is a way to crowdsurf against your will. TMBG is NOT and I repeat NOT a band to crowdsurf or mosh to. If you are at a show and someone right near you or one of your friends tries to start, make them stop! I urge all of you! Adam ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-166 ******************************