Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-168 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 168 Wednesday, 18 June 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Are you calling me a liar? Re: TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda Re: TMBG: My TMBG trip Re: TMBG: IE4/DAS Online/Hotel Detective Re: TMBG: DOH! TMBG: TMBG's NEW ALBUM: BEES BIT MY BOTTOM (and now my bottoms big) TMBG: We must bring the man down TMBG: Cub wrote New York City?!?!?! Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down Re: TMBG: Cub wrote New York City?!?!?! Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down TMBG: Fake Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) TMBG: Illegal DAS Sites Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down TMBG: ML Fan Club Re: TMBG: Cub wrote New York City?!?!?! Re: TMBG: TMBG's NEW ALBUM: BEES BIT MY BOTTOM (and now my bottoms big) TMBG: WOLFTRAP 94 Re: TMBG: DOH! Re: TMBG: Matt's Life Savings Re: TMBG: DOH! Fw: TMBG: TMBG's NEW ALBUM: BEES BIT MY BOTTOM (and now my bottoms big) TMBG: "vs. Form" or... The Leffel Situation Re: TMBG: The Giants Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) TMBG: I'm sorry listies... but I must let you all see this to validate me. TMBG: Concert for listies? TMBG: so i rolled down the window and said..SUBJECT HEADER! TMBG: AN APOLOGY! Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: TMBG: so i rolled down the window and said..SUBJECT HEADER! Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) TMBG: so i rolled down the window and said..SUBJECT HEADER! Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: TMBG: Concert for listies? Re: Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List TMBG: Mailing List Concert Location Confirmed! Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List TMBG: Shane Ham Will Not Leave Me Alone. Help me stop him. All I ask is for him to LEAVE ME ALONE. TMBG: Newsgroups Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 03:22:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970617032234_355616661@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Are you calling me a liar? Hello 41- Hmmm... I guess I was taking into consideration that unless I got some really big, strong, studly friends, they couldn't pry my hands off the railing to hoist me up. But I guess smaller, more unaware people with large friends could be lifted. I, however, see crowdsurfing as bad. As a person who sometimes tries to get to the front of shows, fear the crowdsurfer. Though I have never done it, your direction and control seem to be non-exsistant, which is dangerous. People often wear Doc Martins, or other steel-toed boots that REALLY HURT when they kick you in the head. And when you are in front, there really isn't much to be done if someone is going to kick your head. It is not a fun thing, others can vouche for this. Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706170712.CAA16384@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: non tmbg.. hanson and stuff... kinda Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 02:59:35 -0500 > Joel "I just realized Mr. Leffel's last name is a palindrome! Cool beans!" > Gedalius I am what am I. Mike "Son of a bitch" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706170712.CAA16375@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: My TMBG trip Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 02:49:01 -0500 > Also I heard Til My Head Falls Off on the Radio (my first time I have ever > heard a TMBG song on the radio because where I came from the Johns are not > very big) > Ah.. you come from Earth. > > "Sweet fancy Moses"--George Castanza Mike "CARTWRIGHT!!!!" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706170712.CAA16381@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: IE4/DAS Online/Hotel Detective Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 02:57:56 -0500 > Oh, I forgot: Leffel vs. James: Content vs. Form. Are you saying Leffel > is the content man and I'm just a bunch of form? What does Mike have to > say about this? > /Matt > I'm a sack of unloved potato peelings, but I've got jive. Mike "The Singer From Bow Wow Wow" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706170712.CAA16390@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: DOH! Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 03:01:57 -0500 ---------- > From: Tim Clark > > Is our Lord's name LEFfel or lefFEL? > > > > -Evan "ducking projectiles" Kleve > > LOOK! WE'VE ALL HEARD MIKE and his MOM say LEFFel! You newbies don't know > anything! We'll have to put this in the ML FAQ!!!! > Actually, it's pronounced SANDWICH. Mike "Sammich" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706170718.CAA16438@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: TMBG's NEW ALBUM: BEES BIT MY BOTTOM (and now my bottoms big) Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 03:08:02 -0500 > Personally, I think that name sucks. Who thought of it? Anne "EEK! NAZIS! EEK!" Frank > It makes no > sence I hope not! > Who is Matt? Why is his life savings a CD? Is he really that > poor? He bought it at BMG for only 15 bucks.. >Superfueled Freakcilcle is also a bad one, BAD MONKEY! NO FRUIT FOR YOU! BAD! > simply because freak is > a popular word right now Owe that to the population of Earth.... (you wise ones will see the joke herein) (Live, Silverchair, DC Talk) DC TALK?!?! BWAHAHHAHAAH! SILVERCHAIR!?!? WAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LIVE!??! WHOOO HOO HOOO!!! HAA!! >. I'm sure They > will bless us with lyrical genious once again. > Josh Nielsen > We can afford being without SOME lyrical genious... > On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:39:33 -0700 (PDT) The Almighty Cookie > writes: > >tradition can bite me. the title "Matt's Life Savings" sticks. > >Cookie Mike "Tradition" Leffel ..c'mere, cookie!!! mmm... caramel! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:20:44 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: We must bring the man down Message-ID: Look.... isn't all this attention to Mike Leffel going to make him a megalomaniac? Isn't he going to get a swelled head? isn't he going to turn into a giant tarantula and inject poison into Godzilla and suck its guts out? Isn't it JUST GOING TOO FAR?! Um... and I think this isn't going to help. We must BRING DOWN this evil empire of the empirical (there's a thread for you) before it goes radioactive! * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: Nafkert@aol.com Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 12:44:04 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970617124128_-695396382@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Cub wrote New York City?!?!?! I find it hard to believe that Cub (I saw them at the Factory Showroom tour) would write a song like New York City. They did, though. ::Shivers in seat:: Anyway, what adjustments do you think the Johns had to make to get NYC to sound like a TMBG song? Ben, aka "Nerd Boy" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:57:54 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down Message-ID: On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Tom Hare wrote: > Look.... isn't all this attention to Mike Leffel going to make > him a megalomaniac? Isn't he going to get a swelled head? isn't he going > to turn into a giant tarantula and inject poison into Godzilla and suck > its guts out? Isn't it JUST GOING TOO FAR?! Going to far? I don't understand. (*eyes Leffel shrine in the corner*) No, I don't believe so. (*brushes sacrifice blood from her clothes*). Our god is a rational one, yes? And besides, if he did conquer the world in a grand, Japanese monster movie fashion, wouldn't it be fun for a few minutes, at least? That's what I thought. > Um... and I think this isn't going to help. We must BRING DOWN > this evil empire of the empirical (there's a thread for you) before it > goes radioactive! Whoah, first we're talking about Leffel, then Disney? Let's keep some coherence here, Tom! Only one creeping lizard of terror at a time, ok? Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html "If it's possible, history teaches us, we'll do it. It's not like when we built the atom bomb somebody said, 'Let's just make one and keep it in the house; it'll look nice over the fireplace.'" -Keith Olbermann on man and science, _The Big Show_ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:05:36 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: Cub wrote New York City?!?!?! Message-ID: On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 Nafkert@aol.com wrote: > I find it hard to believe that Cub (I saw them at the Factory Showroom tour) > would write a song like New York City. They did, though. ::Shivers in > seat:: Anyway, what adjustments do you think the Johns had to make to get > NYC to sound like a TMBG song? Well, you could get cub's CD "Come Out, Come Out" and decide for yourself... I've also got a wav of part of NYC on my homepage, if you want to give a listen. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, the Washington State Listies page, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:14:59 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down Message-ID: > Going to far? I don't understand. (*eyes Leffel shrine in the corner*) > No, I don't believe so. (*brushes sacrifice blood from her clothes*). > Our god is a rational one, yes? And besides, if he did conquer the world > in a grand, Japanese monster movie fashion, wouldn't it be fun for a few > minutes, at least? That's what I thought. Yeah really. Then maybe I can ask him why huge monsters always move so slowly... I would think they could run the same speed even if they are big. > > Whoah, first we're talking about Leffel, then Disney? Let's keep some > coherence here, Tom! Only one creeping lizard of terror at a time, ok? > Disney dropped a penis unexpectedly during a long silence today.... I wonder what they were trying to do. > > Stefanie Elliott > smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu > *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html > Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html > "If it's possible, history teaches us, we'll do it. It's not like when we > built the atom bomb somebody said, 'Let's just make one and keep it in > the house; it'll look nice over the fireplace.'" > -Keith Olbermann on man and science, _The Big Show_ > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970617101632.0068aacc@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:16:33 -0700 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Fake Mr. Hutch wrote: > Oh well. Nobody will listen. We will always continue to pursue >our wants and needs by being fake and unnatural. It is just a longer, >slower, pointless, painful way. Who? We, the TMBG fans? No sir! We have been taught well by the Johns that if we are fake, history will make mistakes and want us, we'll live in Buenos Aires, a lot of damage will be done, and Sensurround will make us realistic. Raise those freak flags! --The very genuine LVJeff ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | "If you hear only one song this year, | Protected by Guan Yu | | alecson@ucla.edu | there's something terribly wrong with you." ======================== - Kitty Carlisle, Easy Writers ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Michelle" Subject: Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down Date: Wed, 18 Jun 97 09:48:43 PDT ---------- | Look.... isn't all this attention to Mike Leffel going to make | him a megalomaniac? Isn't he going to get a swelled head? isn't he going | to turn into a giant tarantula and inject poison into Godzilla and suck | its guts out? Isn't it JUST GOING TOO FAR?! | Um... and I think this isn't going to help. We must BRING DOWN | this evil empire of the empirical (there's a thread for you) before it | goes radioactive! | If he's truly a fan of TMBG I think all the attention from psycho people on a mailing list should just pull him into his snail shell more, just like the Johns. Or not, but I wanted to try to turn this back into a They thread. Can't blame a girl for trying. Whatever... Michelle ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: <19970617.112904.3518.1.HotelDetective@juno.com> From: hoteldetective@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:29:12 EDT okay, I spoke with Vlad a little bit about this yesterday but here's the deal... I honestly think we could pull this (OMLC) off. I have a couple of phone numbers that would put me in touch with TMBG basically. And through these I can ask them if TMBG would be willing to put on a show just for us and if yes, where they would want it (prolly would be cheapest for Them somewhere in NY), when (this prolly won't take place until sometime next summer) and how much they would want to be paid for doing it. However, what we all need to do before I even attempt to call them is this: Compile some ideas on how we can convince large companies/corporations to sponsor the event. (ie, we need a hotel that would be willing to let us all stay for free or at _extremely_ reduced prices) and that way we can use all their money to pay Them and the owner of wherever we end up having it. In order to do this we must keep in mind what all companies obviously want in return is advertisement. perhaps, get this to be a live broadcast on some radio station or program, or else see if They would want to make this into an "unplugged" kind of a venture. (Keep in mind that we are reeeely streching it here) SO, if you have any ideas on how we can advertise these companies products, you would be willing to help out at one point or another with this venture (in any way...), or you think that you could just help out with fund-raising in general please e-mail me at this address (not my TMBgirl account) **************************READ THIS PARAGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, i'm DEFINATELY NOT promising anything except that if i get a good enough response of people willing to help out if anything does sound like there is hope that this might actually be able to happen that I will call them and do everything in my power to convince my connections there to make this happen. i hope that last sentence made sense because, i don't want a billion sarcastic remarks made to the list or to me about how this is going to happen. i know, but we're trying which is better than what's been hapening so far. ************************** "She was a hotel detective, but now she's better connected" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN (aka TMBgirl) make sure you send all ideas or anything to me, not the list (as i have this terrible habit of reading about every 7th or so message, and even then i end up skimming it so...) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:51:25 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199706171751.NAA08413@cyber1.servtech.com> From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: Illegal DAS Sites >I don't know but I have a question about this illegality issue. Is it >true that if you don't put an entire song on-line, but only part of it >then it's legal to do it, or does that have to do only with released >songs, or am I just going crazy? Putting more than 40 seconds of a recording of any song you don't have permission to use on the Internet is always illegal, no matter what the quality may be and no matter whether the song has been released or not. The record companies are usually not very happy to sit by and watch it happen, either; Bo Orloff's original "Dial-A-Song Online" was shut down for exactly this reason. >3. Mike Leffel's Fan Club (Mike palidrome Mike- I did not realize that >Leffel is a palindrome. Cool.)-I wanna join too! Eh. I can't believe you're all in Mike's fan club. How can you bear the drivel he's posting now? Don't you realize that all his early posts were his only good material? It's sad when a poster I loved as much as Mike degenerates into a sad, decrepit shadow of his former self. However, I *will* be first in line to read the rumored collection of all his older posts, plus some unsent older posts! Josh Death to the sarcasm-impaired masses everywhere... /-------------Joshua Hall-Bachner-------------Chaos Harlequin-------------\ | harlequin@tmbg.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:12:36 -0400 (EDT) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: OK. Another concern would be transportation costs; of course that's be each listie's problem. The other thing I thought of would be, how are you going to make sure that only list people get in? I guess with a guest list. And if we do this maybe afterwards we could convince them to just have a sit-and-chat type thing, where they you know, sit and talk with people, field questions or such. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Joda: Master of Yedi wrote: > okay, > I spoke with Vlad a little bit about this yesterday but here's the > deal... I honestly think we could pull this (OMLC) off. I have a couple > of phone numbers that would put me in touch with TMBG basically. And > through these I can ask them if TMBG would be willing to put on a show > just for us and if yes, where they would want it (prolly would be > cheapest for Them somewhere in NY), when (this prolly won't take place > until sometime next summer) and how much they would want to be paid for > doing it. > > However, what we all need to do before I even attempt to call them is > this: > Compile some ideas on how we can convince large companies/corporations to > sponsor the event. (ie, we need a hotel that would be willing to let us > all stay for free or at _extremely_ reduced prices) and that way we can > use all their money to pay Them and the owner of wherever we end up > having it. In order to do this we must keep in mind what all companies > obviously want in return is advertisement. perhaps, get this to be a > live broadcast on some radio station or program, or else see if They > would want to make this into an "unplugged" kind of a venture. (Keep in > mind that we are reeeely streching it here) > > SO, if you have any ideas on how we can advertise these companies > products, you would be willing to help out at one point or another with > this venture (in any way...), or you think that you could just help out > with fund-raising in general please e-mail me at this address (not my > TMBgirl account) > > **************************READ THIS PARAGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > Please, i'm DEFINATELY NOT promising anything except that if i get a good > enough response of people willing to help out if anything does sound like > there is hope that this might actually be able to happen that I will call > them and do everything in my power to convince my connections there to > make this happen. i hope that last sentence made sense because, i don't > want a billion sarcastic remarks made to the list or to me about how this > is going to happen. i know, but we're trying which is better than what's > been hapening so far. > ************************** > > "She was a hotel detective, but now she's better connected" ---TMBG > love, JOrdaN (aka TMBgirl) > > make sure you send all ideas or anything to me, not the list (as i have > this terrible habit of reading about every 7th or so message, and even > then i end up skimming it so...) > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706171801.NAA06379@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: We must bring the man down Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:50:18 -0500 > > Look.... isn't all this attention to Mike Leffel going to make > him a megalomaniac? 'going to' ?????? > Isn't he going to get a swelled head? It's about to fall off! > isn't he going > to turn into a giant tarantula and inject poison into Godzilla and suck > its guts out? Isn't it JUST GOING TOO FAR?! SpiderMike, SpiderMike, Radioactive SpiderMike... Is he strong? Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood LOOK OUT! Here comes a SpiderMike! You know, with great power comes great responsibility.... > Um... and I think this isn't going to help. We must BRING DOWN > this evil empire of the empirical (there's a thread for you) before it > goes radioactive! > Imperial Butter gives me a crown when I eat some and I hear a "DOO DOO DA DOO!" and then I eat Red Baron Pizza and a dead german pilot (don't complain to me if you've got something about making jokes about dead german pilots) pops up and he eats my pizza and I take a bath in Calgon and I get taken away and Mr. Clean comes and cleans my house for me and when I come back the Village people fight the Crash Test Dummies (NOT the band) and then they sing IN THE NAVY and that stupid kid who when he wants a drink drinks Welches fruit juice or whatever that little stupid bastard comes in and drinks it. Mike "I go seepy now" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A6DFEB.2C67@erols.com> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:05:15 -0400 From: Laurie Selmer Organization: Selmer Household Subject: TMBG: ML Fan Club I, too, want in. I haven't heard much of what Mike thinks of this, though. . . Maybe that's because I'm on the digest now. Tracy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: "(*)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Cub wrote New York City?!?!?! Message-ID: i take minor offense at this! why wouldn't Cub (on of my favorite bands) written such an excellent song. About 90% of their songs are catchy and magical. it is NO suprise that they are the creators. blah. olivia ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706171829.NAA06798@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG's NEW ALBUM: BEES BIT MY BOTTOM (and now my bottoms big) Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:18:33 -0500 > > Look, I'm much more politically incorrect than I should be, and I'm not > offended. I thought it was funny. It's just that you have to pick your > audience, and the list is too broad for racist jokes. > Listen, I didn't say 'kill the jews'... I was merely placing a historical figure in a setting where she didn't belong. And if you thought it was funny, then should you really be in a position to dole out suggestions on what you think is right or wrong? "I thought it was funny, but don't do it!" Sounds hypocritical to me.... > I was just like you when I was in high school, saying shocking things > and reveling in my moral superiority because everyone else had bugs up > their asses. I just do it because it makes ME laugh. Besides, saying shocking things doesn't really prove ones MORAL superiority, does it? > But trust me, you will piss people off if you don't stop. Yes, I could see where I would care about that, what with all the turmoil in the world, and here I am pissing off people with my little jokes about Nazis and WW2. Hey, I saw MATT GROENING, MST3k, and a host of others make fun of that era too.. why don't you go get on their asses as well! Or.. did you find their stuff 'funny' as well? Mike "TV viewing audience vs. list audience.. the battle of the broads" Leffel > Shindler's List as a prom theme is a prime example. Hey, I suggested it as a prom theme, and I'll defend that idea until the day I die. It was hilarious. IMAGINE! The people sifting through the ideas for the theme, and suddenly "Schindler's List" from Mike Leffel pops up! HA! You should've seen their faces! ..of course, the rest of the student "football is good, lenny" body didn't even UNDERSTAND that... > If you're smart, > you'll take it from someone who knows and save yourself the hot flashes > of embarassment that will inevitably come when you get older and realize > what a low-brow buffoon you were. > Oh, I'm low brow? What a nice statement, considering you don't know me at all, and all I freaking said was _Anne "EEK! NAZIS! EEK!" Frank_ > But hey, do what you want. One or two more of those and watch your fan > club dissolve into demands for you to leave the list. I don't think so. They pay attention to my humour. Mike Leffel ------------------------------ From: PROFITEERS@aol.com Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:35:13 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970617153313_1177037784@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: WOLFTRAP 94 Well the date I have for this show is 6-16-94 is this correct?? Here is the setlist... Dirtbike The Guitar Snail Shell WDTSS? Extra Savior Faire Why Must I Be Sad? Whistling in the Dark Purple Toupee Famous Polka Sleeping in the Flowers Istanbul i Palindrome i Badn Intro Your Racist Friend I Should be Allowed to Think She's Actual Size Turn Around Statue got me High Twistin The Joker Don't Let's Start Birdhouse Dig my Grave Spy Hope that helps. Todd ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A6E6FC.1A04@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 12:35:24 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: DOH! > > Is our Lord's name LEFfel or lefFEL? > > > > -Evan "ducking projectiles" Kleve > > LOOK! WE'VE ALL HEARD MIKE and his MOM say LEFFel! You newbies don't know > anything! We'll have to put this in the ML FAQ!!!! No way, it's LefFEL, so it sounds like the Fonz, only really nasally and with a heavy French accent... Never mind. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "So the winds swept the Whirlpool across the sky..." -Meat Puppets, Whirlpool "NO! Not the red button!!" -Fester Shinetop oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A6E7A6.4B4@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 12:38:14 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Matt's Life Savings > Personally, I think that name sucks. Who thought of it? It makes no > sence. Who is Matt? Why is his life savings a CD? Is he really that > poor? Superfueled Freakcilcle is also a bad one, simply because freak is > a popular word right now (Live, Silverchair, DC Talk). I'm sure They > will bless us with lyrical genious once again. > Josh Nielsen > > On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:39:33 -0700 (PDT) The Almighty Cookie > writes: > >tradition can bite me. the title "Matt's Life Savings" sticks. > >Cookie It'll probably be something kinda weird, like "Fish in a Water Pitcher" or something. Maybe "The Sixth Element" (hey, that'd be kinda cool) -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "So the winds swept the Whirlpool across the sky..." -Meat Puppets, Whirlpool "NO! Not the red button!!" -Fester Shinetop oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706171859.NAA07339@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: DOH! Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:49:18 -0500 > > No way, it's LefFEL, so it sounds like the Fonz, only really nasally and with a heavy > French accent... > > Never mind. HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY! Sit on it! Mike "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" Leffel (*) The Fonz said that. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706171859.NAA07333@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Fw: TMBG: TMBG's NEW ALBUM: BEES BIT MY BOTTOM (and now my bottoms big) Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:47:26 -0500 ---------- > From: Mike Leffel > To: shane@journalx.com > Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG's NEW ALBUM: BEES BIT MY BOTTOM (and now my bottoms big) > Date: Tuesday, June 17, 1997 2:46 PM > > > > > I don't think so. They pay attention to my humour. > > > > > > No wonder! You're a fucking Canadian! There's no "u" in humor, you > > moose-humping idiot! Why don't you go watch some hockey, eh? > > Shane "Canada Would Be Mexico If Not For The Generosity of Americans" > > Ham > > > I'm no longer going to respond to you, buddy. Not only do you > have something against MEXICANS and CANADIANS while > you yell at me for merely saying _Anne "Eek! Nazis! Eek!" Frank_, > but you have commode-mouth. > > Oh, and THE BRITISH spelled it 'Humour' LONG > before your dual-morality kind came over here on the > "High Horse Mayflower'. > > And everybody wonders why I don't like people. > > Mike " 'Don't make racist jokes, you moose > humper' he says to me" Leffel > > A friend to all races and creeds. And I love SCTV, even though > I'm from the Midwest. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970617155330.0082d320@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:53:30 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: "vs. Form" or... The Leffel Situation I'm a hypocrite! I'm a hypocrite! skip this if you're sick of Leffel stuff... I motion that we cease all TMBG related posts, and complete the conversion of the TMBG list to the Leffel Fan Club list. >Is our Lord's name LEFfel or lefFEL? > > -Evan "ducking projectiles" Kleve as well you should! (it is obviously pronounced /ges-UNT-er shnausen/) Rise against the Leffel Regime! Fight for THEY! and, I just heard that the Official [1] BRAND NEW DEFINATE tentative UNCONFIRMED title for the next THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS ALBUM is..... "Kwanza In Idaho" [2] now... if everyone starts calling it that then sooon the newbies will get confused, but after all, it was confirmed by JOHN LINNELL HIMSELF!!! [3] -ec [1] in my mind... [2] or Quanza ?? [3] blatant lie. not true at all and how! tom hare scrawled on the earthen wall... > Look.... isn't all this attention to Mike Leffel going to make >him a megalomaniac? Isn't he going to get a swelled head? isn't he going >to turn into a giant tarantula and inject poison into Godzilla and suck >its guts out? Isn't it JUST GOING TOO FAR?! well, that *was* the point of the thing... > Um... and I think this isn't going to help. We must BRING DOWN >this evil empire of the empirical (there's a thread for you) before it >goes radioactive! I remember that thing... are those even still at tmbg.org? I don't think i was around for whatever thread it might have been on The List... Evan "The Day The Music Died" Chakroff and some more... queen sneepy carved into her forearm in ceremony honoring Lord Leffel... >Going to far? I don't understand. (*eyes Leffel shrine in the corner*) >No, I don't believe so. (*brushes sacrifice blood from her clothes*). >Our god is a rational one, yes? And besides, if he did conquer the world >in a grand, Japanese monster movie fashion, wouldn't it be fun for a few >minutes, at least? That's what I thought. Well... you wanna know the truth about Leffel? the truth is... "Evan.... who are you talking to?" "no one, Lord.... " "DFon't lie to me, evan... you know I can smell your lies... and delicious BBQ Cool Whip..." "Yes... the cool whip is delicious... make the pain stop.... oh... the hurting... must obey..." well. you get the picture. tom wrote some more... > Yeah really. Then maybe I can ask him why huge monsters always >move so slowly... I would think they could run the same speed even if >they are big. it's the air resistance... if godzilla were to run through Tokyo he would burn up in the atmosphere. That was completely pointless. I am sorry. -ec ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:07:23 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: The Giants At 00:54 -0000 6/17/97, The Almighty Cookie wrote: > >TMBG is NOT and I repeat NOT a band to crowdsurf or mosh >> to. >> If you are at a show and someone right near you or one of your >friends >> tries to start, make them stop! I urge all of you! >If they will listen. Stoned sixteen year olds tend to be stupid. generally stoned people aren't doing a lot of moshing and/or crowd surfing think about it... Trippy ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706172010.AA03520@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:10:24 -0400 (EDT) > OK. Another concern would be transportation costs; of course that's be > each listie's problem. The other thing I thought of would be, how are you > going to make sure that only list people get in? I guess with a guest > list. > And if we do this maybe afterwards we could convince them to just > have a sit-and-chat type thing, where they you know, sit and talk with > people, field questions or such. Actually, Jewel set up a concert where only people on her Internet mailing list were allowed to come, they were sent invitations and anyone who could make it to the location (I forget where she had it) would be able to show up, provided they had an invitation. I think it might have been Jewel management who set it up but I may be wrong. Kinda nifty, though! /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706171957.OAA08422@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: I'm sorry listies... but I must let you all see this to validate me. Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:46:00 -0500 > >> > And that's the last I have to say to Shane Ham. > ...despite my above statement..... I must respond. AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT I KEEP DRAGGING YOUR SILLY WRITINGS ONTO THE LIST TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE WACKY, I suggest you desist writing to me, because you're making less and less sense and I will post EVERYTHING to the list to show that. >>I mailed you privately. You shouldn't have taken it to the list. That >>was either mean-spirited or stupid, I can't tell which. Yes. I'm mean spirited. Uh-Huh. Sure. Oookay. You betcha. That's the ticket. Right on the money. La, freaking, La. > That's OK, because I do believe I've made my point about Mike "I Can > Dish It But I Can't Take It" Leffel > That's funny, because I SAW no point. I saw you chide me for ..as YOU called it.. 'a racist joke' (Which I don't think it was.. _Anne "Eek! NAZIS! Eek!"_ ..can you point out the racism? I admit it **was** in bad taste, and when you first emailed me, I NICELY apologized.. so why this constant, useless badgering?).. THEN I saw you use profane and totally irrellevant swearing, you insulted.. (1)Canadians (2)Mexicans (3)Hockey Lovers AND you called me a MOOSE HUMPING IDIOT for no good reason. And you think YOU can tell me what you think is good or bad? You're like a child beater who yells at mothers in grocery stores who spanks their kids when they throw fits at the toy section. Give me a break and find another patsy to 'argue' with, because I've BEEN through with debate class for three years, and damned if I'm gonna argue a pointless subject any freaking longer. What are you 'dishing out' to me ANYWAY?!?! That you hate canada!??! WHat?!?! I don't get you, and I hope I never will, because then I think I'd simultaneously understand all the hicks in my state. > Shane "It's Sad How Easy It Is To Yank A Teenager's Chain" Ham Why don't you go to alt.flame you confused bigot, and actually FIND A TEENAGER. Besides, I've defended myself rather nicely against all the ..rather weird and pointless.. 'arguments' you've presented to me. Are you bored, or merely drunk? Tired of 'those people' taking your meat packing jobs away? Something against NAFTA? WHY bother ME? I've done **NOTHING** against you! Until today, I've never even read your NAME! What is wrong? Do you need attention? Can't stand that nagging feeling in the back of your neck that makes you want to 'walk the cock' against someone on THE INTERNET for God's sakes!?!? Jesus, man, all I freaking said was ANNE 'EEK NAZIS" FRANK. **YOU're** the one with the bad attitude. Now, let's let the nice listies go back to their TMBG banter, and STOP EMAILING ME. Because. really, do you think you can ever make me agree with you? Mike "No teen here" Leffel ------------------------- The following was written to my by Shane Ham, under no provocation. I merely used the word HUMOUR, and spelled it with a U. ------------------------- >>No wonder! You're a fucking Canadian! There's no "u" in humor, you >>moose-humping idiot! Why don't you go watch some hockey, eh? >>Shane "Canada Would Be Mexico If Not For The Generosity of Americans" >>Ham You decide who has the problem. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970617164418.007db4b0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:44:18 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Concert for listies? I think it would probably not happen... but if it did, where would they have it? Probably New York.... but it would surely cost a buunch.... and I think it would probably get about as much media coverage as a Star Trek convention... and that's not a good thing... [1] -ec [1] "In other news, several hundred geeks gathered today to celebrate They Might be Giants... the quirky Brooklyn duo who made 'geek rock' less popular. In this clip you can see two of the geeks throwing themselves at the stage in hopes of obtaining on of the band's set lists... this shot was taken during the band's 'song' 'Shoehorn with Cheese' ... no, I'm sorry... that was footage from the President's trial, which wrapped up earlier today. If you are just tuning in, you just missed what may be the most embarassing moment of Mr. Clinton's life... they'll *never* let us show that again! Oh right... There May Be Giants... apparantly, the satanist easy listening band used mind control techniques to convince their geeky internet fans to come to this concert... more on that at 11" and no offense to you Trekies, or Trekkers, or Trekologists, or whatever you call yourselves... ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:47:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970617164337_1242469720@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: so i rolled down the window and said..SUBJECT HEADER! >I think it would be cool if TMBG played at a >venue with heaps of tables and chairs and >waiters who served coffee. Everyone could just >sit there and tap their feet and drink and be >relaxed. So this is a dream and it will never >happen. So what. [paraphrasing the johns]:"Our fans aren't the sort of people who go to the smokey clubs. They're generally shy people." And thus, dial-a-song was born.:) I would like that idea too, as the johns surely would. but i'm sure there's a money factor in there. :( >all I have to do is see "Jordanlc@aol.com" (or > just "@aol.com" for that matter ) and I hit >the page-down key and am spared a bunch of >useless drivel. I probably shouldn't say anything, for everyone's sake, but something must be said. Not even the fact Jordan is my friend, but what, people with AOL don't post decent messages? I don't get you, man.. Is this the hAOLocaust? All flames to me by email. Schanks. > >mostly this Smurf like spinoff with these tiny dogs that lived in a castle?? > >I know this exists!! I didn't make it up! I didn't!!!! It was great!! Pound Puppies? :) Oh, remember that 'Maplewood' cartoon? the main characters were a family of rabbits...Ah, nostalgia. >3. Mike Leffel's Fan Club Count me in! :) >Flans is gainin weight! >Me suspects he is out of shape. >Eats a lot. >Beer belly. >Like my Dad! Haiku. (+5) sarah with a shoddykeyboard;] linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org "Those who say the past's not dead can stop and smell the smoke" ~Ben Folds 5 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706172006.PAA08578@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: AN APOLOGY! Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:55:39 -0500 First off, the Anne Frank thing WAS in bad taste. I'll admit to that. That's what I do. I also make Jeffery Dahmer jokes, One Testicle Hitler Jokes, Titanic and Hindenburg jokes.. but I am NOT a racist. Secondly, I am sorry for the Mike Leffel Fan club thing-- to those who don't like it. I can't be blamed entirely for THAT! ^_^ (blows kisses to all his fans and hopes you'll be there when he's in the print) (maybe we should cool that a bit guys.. I already have a nut on my case, and perhaps he feels I'm too POPULAR or somehting..but of course, I CANNOT CONTROL YOU, FANS! ^_^ ) Thirdly, I'm sorry for thrusting all the Mike versus the HAM stuff on the list. Really, I am. BUT, this guy's going nuts on e for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. He needs someone to argue with I guess. I don't know why he's doing it, but UNTIL HE STOPS EMAILING ME, 'm gonna post EVERYTHING on the list, to show that I'M not the one who needs prozac, and because he whined that I shouldn't do that. I'm sorry, truly sorry, flame me all you like, but this jerk is yelling at me for no reason, his 'points' are visible only to himself, and I think that he'll STOP BOTHERING ME once the voices go away. Just read his stuff.. there's a missing brick in his wall today. Anyway, I'm sorry. Really. (not to him.) Mike "A nice person" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:51:51 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 hoteldetective@juno.com wrote: > okay, > I spoke with Vlad a little bit about this yesterday but here's the > deal... I honestly think we could pull this (OMLC) off. I have a couple > of phone numbers that would put me in touch with TMBG basically. And > Is it just me or does this seem a little inconceivable? (Not that you have the numbers, just the concert thing over all). I gotta say, a giant party with all yous crazy listies with TMBG as the party band would probably be one of the best things ever (right up there with the up coming ConeCon, of course), but I just wonder how willing They would be to play for a small group of neurotic fans for next to no money. I have a feeling we'd end up having to fund the even ourselves because... > However, what we all need to do before I even attempt to call them is > this: > Compile some ideas on how we can convince large companies/corporations to > sponsor the event. (ie, we need a hotel that would be willing to let us > Keeping in mind the Jewel fact mentioned by someone on the list, despite the success of Flood, Jewel has a lot more pull to her name right now than does TMBG (considering that Floo,d their most popular album to date, came out in 1990 and all). What I'm saying here is that TMBG has such a small following, and limiting the event to list memebers only is not going to be too much of an incentive for corporations of any kind to spend money on all of that for such a small advertising demographic. If this were open to the general public, that would be something else all together, wouldn't it? This is why I think we'd end up having to put up most, if not all of the money ourselves. So, hate to rain on the parade here any, but we have to be a little more practicle in looking at this: How much do we think They would be willing to play for such a small audience? How could we ever expect to pay for it anyway? Where would it be? Who all could come? Jewel's thing was promotional, if I remember correctly, and They havn't got too much to promote right now. Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html I'm NOT judgmental. I ACCEPT that we're all different -- some of us are just a little TALLER than others." -Craig Kilborn. And oh, how true that is. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:59:08 -0400 (EDT) From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: Re: TMBG: so i rolled down the window and said..SUBJECT HEADER! Message-ID: On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > > I probably shouldn't say anything, for everyone's sake, but something must be > said. Not even the fact Jordan is my friend, but what, people with AOL don't > post decent messages? I don't get you, man.. Is this the hAOLocaust? All > flames to me by email. Schanks. Just to clarify the attitude that was used: This is known as "domainism." The fact is that many AOL users do post inane messages. This is not to say that all do (as the person you were responding to implied), but from my personal experience this is the case in a frighteningly large number of AOLers. One cause of this is that the "Warez D00dz" that used to frequent community bulletin boards have largely moved to AOL. This has caused me, for one, to eye messages from AOL critically. Not that you are wrong in reacting to the slam against your internet provider, but I wanted you to be informed about the origin of this widespread attitude. -- ,, Jonathan (JonBob) Chaffer Member DNRC MSTie #16490 TMBG #25267 ->QQ<- Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ _||_ "Anything ragged or rotten or rusty-- yes, I love trash." --Oscar ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970617170713.00835660@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:07:13 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) >Keeping in mind the Jewel fact mentioned by someone on the list, despite >the success of Flood, Jewel has a lot more pull to her name right now >than does TMBG (considering that Floo,d their most popular album to date, >came out in 1990 and all). What I'm saying here is that TMBG has such a >small following, and limiting the event to list memebers only is not >going to be too much of an incentive for corporations of any kind to >spend money on all of that for such a small advertising demographic. Yeah... They Might be Giants don't have a cable channel all to themselves, after all. =) -ec "What? VH1?" ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:45:39 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970617164337_1242469720@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: so i rolled down the window and said..SUBJECT HEADER! >I think it would be cool if TMBG played at a >venue with heaps of tables and chairs and >waiters who served coffee. Everyone could just >sit there and tap their feet and drink and be >relaxed. So this is a dream and it will never >happen. So what. [paraphrasing the johns]:"Our fans aren't the sort of people who go to the smokey clubs. They're generally shy people." And thus, dial-a-song was born.:) I would like that idea too, as the johns surely would. but i'm sure there's a money factor in there. :( >all I have to do is see "Jordanlc@aol.com" (or > just "@aol.com" for that matter ) and I hit >the page-down key and am spared a bunch of >useless drivel. I probably shouldn't say anything, for everyone's sake, but something must be said. Not even the fact Jordan is my friend, but what, people with AOL don't post decent messages? I don't get you, man.. Is this the hAOLocaust? All flames to me by email. Schanks. > >mostly this Smurf like spinoff with these tiny dogs that lived in a castle?? > >I know this exists!! I didn't make it up! I didn't!!!! It was great!! Pound Puppies? :) Oh, remember that 'Maplewood' cartoon? the main characters were a family of rabbits...Ah, nostalgia. >3. Mike Leffel's Fan Club Count me in! :) >Flans is gainin weight! >Me suspects he is out of shape. >Eats a lot. >Beer belly. >Like my Dad! Haiku. (+5) sarah with a shoddykeyboard;] linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org "Those who say the past's not dead can stop and smell the smoke" ~Ben Folds 5 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970617142056.006d735c@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:23:06 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) At 04:10 PM 6/17/97 -0400, you wrote: >> OK. Another concern would be transportation costs; of course that's be >> each listie's problem. The other thing I thought of would be, how are you >> going to make sure that only list people get in? I guess with a guest >> list. >> And if we do this maybe afterwards we could convince them to just >> have a sit-and-chat type thing, where they you know, sit and talk with >> people, field questions or such. > >Actually, Jewel set up a concert where only people on her Internet >mailing list were allowed to come, they were sent invitations and anyone >who could make it to the location (I forget where she had it) would be >able to show up, provided they had an invitation. I think it might have >been Jewel management who set it up but I may be wrong. Kinda nifty, >though! Alt.music.moxy-fruvous is busily organizing a fruheads-only concert. They appear to be remarkably on top of things, and I think it just might work. Of course, Moxy Fruvous is *extremely* supportive of a.m.m-f; it's well known that Jian lurks on the newsgroup, and they even made up a mini-jingle on our newsgroup slogan ("Have modem--will travel.") TMBG is less likely to go for this kind of thing, I think, especially since they view us as nutcases. :) --nicole the wonder nerd remembers Flesh Fest '96... *** "I do the best imitation of myself."--Ben Folds Five Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:27:55 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970617172551_-859617064@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List I would like to hold a vote for the proposal to construct a Mike Leffel Mailing List for his fan club. This way those who could care less about Mr. Leffel (how dare they) can continue talking about TMBG without distraction. All in favor say "Ye" All against say "Ne" Joel "Giddy Up Horsie" Gedalius Excuse me but is that an aglet? [1] [1] For those of you who do not know what an aglet is, look it up. You'll be interested in knowing ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:40:16 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: <19970617.174304.13750.5.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) I'm not going to quote the whole message here, but I don't think the audience for this concert would be as small as Queen Sneepy says it would be. If I understand correctly, the ammount of people on this list is about the same size as the average TMBG concert croud, don't you think? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:19:31 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: <19970617.174304.13750.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:12:36 -0400 (EDT) Tom Hare writes: >OK. Another concern would be transportation costs; of course that's >be >each listie's problem. Well then, the only logical thing to do would be to have it in Cleveland!!! :) >And if we do this maybe afterwards we could convince them to >just >have a sit-and-chat type thing, where they you know, sit and talk with >people, field questions or such. Um, how on Earth do you expect that to remain under control?! There's no way in hell a mob like us could sit quietly with a polite and calm question and answer peroid! Actually, come to think of it, at the EMU concert, John Linnell mentioned something about "the question and answer section of the concert." But it never happened. It was just another one of his little jokes. :( Evan "Cynical" Kleve ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:33:58 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Concert for listies? Message-ID: <19970617.174304.13750.4.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Well personally, I don't care what the media says, as long as this concert happens! John and John would probably be more happy with less media coverage. On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:44:18 -0400 Evan Chakroff writes: >I think it would probably not happen... but if it did, where would >they >have it? Probably New York.... but it would surely cost a buunch.... >and I >think it would probably get about as much media coverage as a Star >Trek >convention... and that's not a good thing... [1] > >-ec > >[1] "In other news, several hundred geeks gathered today to celebrate >They >Might be Giants... the quirky Brooklyn duo who made 'geek rock' less >popular. In this clip you can see two of the geeks throwing themselves >at >the stage in hopes of obtaining on of the band's set lists... this >shot was >taken during the band's 'song' 'Shoehorn with Cheese' ... no, I'm >sorry... >that was footage from the President's trial, which wrapped up earlier >today. If you are just tuning in, you just missed what may be the most >embarassing moment of Mr. Clinton's life... they'll *never* let us >show >that again! Oh right... There May Be Giants... apparantly, the >satanist >easy listening band used mind control techniques to convince their >geeky >internet fans to come to this concert... more on that at 11" > > >and no offense to you Trekies, or Trekkers, or Trekologists, or >whatever >you call yourselves... > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:47:06 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List Message-ID: <19970617.174713.13750.7.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:27:55 -0400 (EDT) Yoel97@aol.com writes: >I would like to hold a vote for the proposal to construct a Mike >Leffel >Mailing List for his fan club. This way those who could care less >about Mr. >Leffel (how dare they) can continue talking about TMBG without >distraction. > All in favor say "Ye" All against say "Ne" YE!!! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970617175123.008263d0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:51:23 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Mailing List Concert Location Confirmed! Well, I talkied to the johns, and they said a concert for us would be cool with them, and they could afford to have it for free... so then we started talking about where to have the concert. They didn't want it to be too dificult for anyone to get there, so we came to the logical conclusion of holding the concert at the center of the earth. We figured that it's an equal distance from everyone on the list, so it would work perfectly! Speaking of that, since the location is confirmed and everything, can someone give me a ride? Thanks. Evan Chakroff "It's a joke" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:53:45 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Evan R Kleve wrote: > I'm not going to quote the whole message here, but I don't think the > audience for this concert would be as small as Queen Sneepy says it would > be. If I understand correctly, the ammount of people on this list is > about the same size as the average TMBG concert croud, don't you think? > Ah...no. We're talking about 200 people, here, aren't we? (Can anyone in charge of number such as these back me up, or am I completly off?) I'd say the normal show at a TMBG concert would be about 4-500, full-price paying individuals. Now, on the other hand, wouldn't it be fun if we all just picked a day this summer and got to gether and had a big, fun, TMBG party? Even if it were just the regular posters, and we met somewhere convenient (and dragged along everyone who says they "can't" go. Ha!) and played TMBG and ate Cheetos and drank Dr. Pepper and coffee all night long? Fun! Think, people, which is more feasible? Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html I'm NOT judgmental. I ACCEPT that we're all different -- some of us are just a little TALLER than others." -Craig Kilborn. And oh, how true that is. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:05:04 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List Message-ID: On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Evan R Kleve wrote: > >Leffel (how dare they) can continue talking about TMBG without > >distraction. > > All in favor say "Ye" All against say "Ne" > > YE!!! > And I'll second that with a resounding YAY! And a Ye! "Oh what fun!" And wouldn't it be, anyway, just to see how many random people sign on without even knowing who Mike is? Then betting on how long they stick around before they realize we are all totally nutty? Stefanie "Fully Endorses Gambling" Elliott (I can do it to!) smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html I'm NOT judgmental. I ACCEPT that we're all different -- some of us are just a little TALLER than others." -Craig Kilborn. And oh, how true that is. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706172120.QAA09843@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: Shane Ham Will Not Leave Me Alone. Help me stop him. All I ask is for him to LEAVE ME ALONE. Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:09:35 -0500 ---------- > From: Shane Ham > To: Mike Leffel > Subject: Re: I'm sorry listies... but I must let you all see this to validate me. > Date: Tuesday, June 17, 1997 4:46 PM > > > WHY bother ME? I've done **NOTHING** against you! Until today, > > I've never even read your NAME! What is wrong? > > It's just that whenever I have a hard day at the office I like to find > some stupid person to take it out on, and your Anne Frank "joke" made > you the perfect target, my friend. > Ahh, of course. All the wrongs in this world, and you feel you need to get on the internet and call someone at random a "Fucking canadian" and a "Moose Humping Idiot" , merely for mentioning the name ANNE FRANK with the phrase, "EEK! NAZIS! EEK!". Why don't you just LEAVE ME ALONE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!? > > Now, let's let the nice listies go back to their TMBG banter > > > No problem! All you have to do is not post one message, and it's all > over. Can you stand to do that? I bet you can't! > I'll post every message you send me because (a) I want you to leave me alone, and (b) So you can show yourself to the world, as you are. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE! > Don't post this, and I'll buy you a beer. (American beer, of course, > none of that Canadian piss water.) E-mail me privately with the address > you want the beer sent to, and make it your friend's house if you think > I'm going to mail you a bomb. > You yell at me about ONE BLASTED MENTION of ANNE FRANK, and then you joke about MAILBOMBS. You are twisted. STOP EMAILING ME. > If you can't do that (I bet you can't!) then at least have the decency > to quote my entire message. There you go. Happy, mister "can't take my rage on the people who deserve it so I have to get on the internet'???? Please DON'T EMAIL ME ANYMORE. I tire of you, and I will post EVERYTHING to the list, so the WORLD will tire of you as well. Sure, I'll probably get kicked off for doing so, but at least everyone will know that YOU'RE the one causing it, and that you're insanely boorish. ALL I SAID WAS ANNE "EEK! NAZIS! EEK!" FRANK, and you're calling me names, repeatedly insulting me, AND YOU WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE! Stop it. Leave me alone. If you think you've 'made your point' then why continue? Just LEAVE ME ALONE! I no longer wish to post your emailings to the list. Stop it. Go pester someone else, or I'll call the Fan Members to engage in a giant "STOP BOTHERING MIKE" Email session, that will not stop until you do. It's a reasonable request. I want you to leave me alone. Can YOU do THAT?!?! Mike "STOP EMAILING ME" Leffel ******* Mike Leffel will STOP POSTING SHANE HAM'S MAILINGS to the list, once SHANE HAM stops emailing him! He only posts to the list to show that he is being bothered by a freak. Would YOU like to be bothered by a freak? ************** This is the original apology for the crude Anne Frank thing. SHANE HAM kept bothering me AFTER I sent it to him. What is WRONG with the guy? Help me. If he continues, please, TELL HIM TO STOP, and I will never post another letter of his to the list again. >> >> I know that you try to be funny by tossing out non-sequiters, but the >> Anne Frank thing was in poor taste. That's a joke best made among >> friends who know you're joking, not on a list with hundreds of readers, >> some of whom might not think the terror of a girl who was murdered for >> her religion is hilarious. >> >> Just some advice from an elder. >Then you probably would have been one of those who yelled >at me when I was a junior, voting for the senior prom theme >to be "Shindler's List". >I'm not joking. >Mike "This ain't no new hat, but I keep wearing it nonetheless" Leffel >But I am sorry if I offended you. No harm intended ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706172142.QAA10204@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: Newsgroups Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:31:31 -0500 How would one go about making one!? ^_^ Mike "Want to make the TMBG purists happy" Leffel alt.fan.mike.leffel.die.die.die alt.fan.comics.leffelmania rec.arts.military.godconquest.mike BWAHAHAHAHAH! Mike "It will be a grand affair.. everyone who's everyone shan't be there!" Leffel And remember.. we fight for THEY! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-168 ******************************