Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-170 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 170 Friday, 20 June 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: OMLC stuff.. Re: TMBG: Cub And They Might Be Giants, TOGETHER!!! TMBG: TMBG and me. Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Re: Non-TMBG: XTC non-TMBG: denounciation of lurkerdom status TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable TMBG: non-TMBG Re: freak flag interp TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable TMBG: non-TMBG Re: freak flag interp TMBG: WDTSS? concert version non-TMBG: denounciation of lurkerdom status Re: TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) TMBG: NON- TMBG --A BIG question. TMBG: TMBG TMBG: TMBG survey apology. Re: TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable TMBG: TMBG TMBG: TMBG TMBG: TMBG TMBG:new finding TMBG: The Lowdown TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-169 TMBG: OMLC stuff and some completely NON-TMBG stuff.. RE:Non-TMBG:Frank Zappa Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Re: Non-TMBG: XTC/Chalkhills TMBG: TMBG TMBG: TMBG RE:Non-TMBG: XTC TMBG: Another Chat TMBG: Re: OMLC TMBG: Re: OMLC hotels TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-169 Re: TMBG: Re: OMLC TMBG: grinning scarecrows sent to annoy and manipulate you! Non-TMBG: Defending Mike Leffel TMBG: grinning scarecrows sent to annoy and manipulate you! Re: Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List Re: TMBG: TMBG dolls & Edward White Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: TMBG: The Guitar question Re: TMBG:new finding Re: TMBG:new finding Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Re: TMBG: They'll bring the music NON-TMBG: card-carrying moose humpers, eh? NON-TMBG: Mike Leffell NOn-TMBG: XTC, again TMBG: re: grinning scarecrows (online concert) TMBG: RADIO! AAUUGGHH!! TMBG: Non Tmbg: See Ya Re: NON-TMBG: card-carrying moose humpers, eh? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706182305.AA04241@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLC stuff.. Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:05:57 -0400 (EDT) > >would probably be more difficult. While I really like the idea of having a > >listes-only concert, I think, even with all the lurkers out there (you > > Why is this a good idea? It just seems like limiting who can listen to the > glory of TMBG. I'd sooner prefer a concert where listees are banned, so TMBG > can get more new fans. But wait, Mitch, that means you wouldn't be able to go! *grin* I did have a thought about this, usually such a concert would be set up for fan appreciation, those fans who love the music and the band, buy all of their products, etc. While most all of us fit in this category, it's seems kind of hypocritical to have to put them up to a fan appreciation. I mean, if they truly appreciated us they would do it on their own. Of course, a healthy suggestion here or there to get them to think of this can't hurt ;) Hmm, maybe that sounds hypocritical too? Oh well, I'm fighting a losing battle. See yas, /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:19:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970618191839_-1963544912@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Cub And They Might Be Giants, TOGETHER!!! Last time They rolled into town here in Seattle They played with cub. It was way cool, during the break between the bands Robynn came out and was talking to some of the people. I got her to sign the cub T-Shirt I had bought. I realize it was pointless to post this, but I was just remeniscing, and thought someone might even care. Leroy Watkins ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:12:28 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG and me. Message-ID: <19970618.191229.3806.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> You guys all sound like you know everything and have everything TMBG. I wanna see how I measure up here as a TMBG fan. Please take the time to fill out the following survey: 1) How were you introduced to TMBG? (How did you find out about them?) 2) Name all the CD's, tapes, records, bootlegs you have. (It may take awhile!) 3) Name all the shirts, hats, items, etc. (Like mouse pads, bumper stickers, concert posters.) (Even home-made stuff) 4) Something cool that you know or that happened to you. (Related to TMBG) Here's my answers: 1) For an art project, some kid in my art class drew a still-life of some miscellaneous stuff. In his picture was a pencil, calculator, change, and a TMBG tape (I think it was Flood.) I asked him who they were, and he told me. (Now we are good friends.) I later ordered the Flood CD through BMG, and that's where my collection began. By the way, I was a Freshman then, and now I graduated and am going to Kent State University. 2) I have Pink, Lincoln, Misc. T, Flood, Apollo 18, John Henry, Factory Showroom, Then: Compilation, Why Does the Sun Shine?, Back to Skull, Constantinople single, S-E-X-X-Y with 3 songs, S-E-X-X-Y with 5 songs, Mono Puff, and the Conan O' Brien Show S-E-X-X-Y. My collection is probably small compared to all yours, but I don't have much money right now (gotta save for college!), and a lot are hard to find. I don't know where to get bootlegs. All I have are CD s. 3) All I have is the long sleeve shirt with the tattoos and the olive brushed twill hat with the They Might Be Giants logo. I bought both at the notorious Dec. 4, 1996 concert in Cleveland. (That was the first and last concert I ever went to!) However, I had to make a tribute for a project in art 2 years ago. Of course I chose TMBG. Over the years, I have been adding to it. Here is a brief description: It is all set up on a small barrel, turned upside-down. On it is a "Statue" that I sculpted, glazed and fired in Ceramics class. (It is posing and looks like a Granite Titan from Dragon Warrior III for NES.) I also have a "rock" with "string" wrapped around it. Wooden "wolves", a "merry-go-round" ornament, an authentic wax cylinder from 1903 like the one used to record "I can Hear You" (actually, we have MANY in our attic, as well as a player), a ceramic "chess piece" with a little "face", a wooden "santa" ornament (he has a "beard"), a tiny "Freak Flag", a plastic "spider", a "little bottle", "nyquil", a "piece of dirt", an "angel", a wire doll I made with a real crab claw for a head (Mr. Klaw), a "world" with an address painted on it (for later discussion), a "match", and other stuff I can't remember. 4) One thing is that if you download movies ("I am not your broom!" is my favorite), open one up and play it through. When the movie is over, point anywhere on the movie window, hold down Shift, and double click WITH BOTH MOUSE BUTTONS. As long as you continue to hold down Shift, the movie and sound will play in reverse! (cool, since TMBG is known for their backwards singing!) If you think the following message was too long, please accept my apology. Also, accept my invitation to come to my house and beat me up. I hope I see some survey results! (Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!! Do it for the Johns!) ---Dave "No more long messages" Hutch ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:41:36 -0400 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <33A88E50.4F79@ameritech.net> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Mitchell Harding wrote: > > >Anyway... I know some of you are XTC fans... > >I have Drums & Wires and Skylarking, I really like Skylarking, but I don't > >like Drums & Wires... what album would you recommend buying? (Perhaps > >Nonsuch? their latest one?) ... Also, did they break up, or are they just > >not touring and not recording an album? > > Don't like Drums & Wires? Blasphemy. > > Nonsuch is much closer to Skylarking than it is to Drums & Wires (musically, > as well as chronologically) and is a great album. I'd recommend it. > > They did not break up. They seldom tour, ever since Andy Partridge got > terrible stage fright sometime in the early 80's. The occasionally do random > performances, but it's not very often. They had pretty bad contract problems > with their record company, and I think they are almost done with the > negotiations. It was pretty nasty, but word on the XTC list is that we > should have a couple new albums before too long. > > Mitch Just in case you all didn't know, an XTC "greatest hits" album came out Tuesday. It's called "Upsy Daisy Assortment:The Sweetest Hits" and it's REALLY cool.:-)(especially for someone like myself who doesn't have all the albums yet. < I'm workin' on getting them! Really, I am! >) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:49:13 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199706190149.UAA14705@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC >Just in case you all didn't know, an XTC "greatest hits" album came out >Tuesday. It's called "Upsy Daisy Assortment:The Sweetest Hits" and it's >REALLY cool.:-)(especially for someone like myself who doesn't have all >the albums yet. < I'm workin' on getting them! Really, I am! >) I had heard of it, but it doesn't have any tracks that don't appear on albums, correct? I have all of the albums, and I don't want to buy the CD unless it offers me something extra. Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706190156.UAA04794@dfw-ix15.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 18:53:41 -0700 Basically it is a shortened one-CD version of the double CD UK collection, focusing more on recent songs... oh and for some reason it has Chalkhills and Children which isn't even a single... but a great song.... ---------- | From: Mitchell Harding | To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org | Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC | Date: Wednesday, June 18, 1997 6:49 PM | | >Just in case you all didn't know, an XTC "greatest hits" album came out | >Tuesday. It's called "Upsy Daisy Assortment:The Sweetest Hits" and it's | >REALLY cool.:-)(especially for someone like myself who doesn't have all | >the albums yet. < I'm workin' on getting them! Really, I am! >) | | I had heard of it, but it doesn't have any tracks that don't appear on | albums, correct? I have all of the albums, and I don't want to buy the CD | unless it offers me something extra. | | Mitch | ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:03:46 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706190203.UAA16278@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: non-TMBG: denounciation of lurkerdom status >listes-only concert, I think, even with all the lurkers out there (you >know you're out there. Admit it. You love this list, even if you never >post... :) ) All I know is after making a few silly posts, evil torch-bearing 3-headed demons wielding such buzzwords as "nettiquite" or "20k of e-mail space wasted because of you" and sending pages of complaints that put the whole Ham/Leffel thing to shame, becoming a lurker is certainly the safest thing to do. But not anymore. Now, thanks to the seemingly unstoppable and oddly minty-fresh style of Mike "Buttons? Who the hell needs buttons?" Leffel, the door has opened wide for all us "lurkers" and our hypnotic, yet utterly pointless posts, allowing them to resurface and become known. Kudos and Juice Boxes to Mike. Dave Simpson LotharCo Now with a different signature! (for those 3 or so of you who remember my old one) Dave Simpson LotharCo Get your MoJo workin' ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:03:39 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706190203.UAA16275@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable >[paraphrasing the johns]:"Our fans aren't the sort of people who go to the >smokey clubs. They're generally shy people." >And thus, dial-a-song was born.:) >I would like that idea too, as the johns surely would. but i'm sure there's a >money factor in there. :( So what if they confrence call every fan from the DAS number (or any other number, it really doesn't matter what number they use. I mean they could go to a friend of Flans's house and call with their phone, or they could even use a pay phone, provided they had enough quarters and someone to constantly be pumping the coins into the phone while the Johns played) and play into the phone, thereby saving all of us the time, money, and embarassment of going out in public. Of course there would be the matter of the 2 hour long-distance phone bill for about 500+ people, and... Hmm. Maybe some of us could listen on the same line and save the Johns some cash. Dave Simpson LotharCo Founder of the "Send Us Money" Foundation Dave Simpson LotharCo Get your MoJo workin' ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:03:06 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706190203.UAA15796@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: TMBG: non-TMBG Re: freak flag interp >"I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher, and never be alone..." > > MY INTERPRETATION: > >"I want to act normally. I do not want to be made fun of for acting >naturally.. Those who mock me are just afraid to admit that they feel the >same way. Don't they know that everyone feels the same way? Everyone >should STOP TRYING TO BE DECENT AND PROPER. Stop being fake to be popular >and cool. Don't deny what's natural. If everyone would "raise their freak >flag" (act normally and naturally), we would "never be alone." (We could >all do what we REALLY want to do without being worried or embarassed.)" > > > Oh well. Nobody will listen. We will always continue to pursue >our wants and needs by being fake and unnatural. It is just a longer, >slower, pointless, painful way. > > David "The Human Philosopher" Hutch > Such a lovely interp ruined by the blatent Mike "He's not a god, he's just damn clever" Leffel imitation signature Dave Simpson LotharCo The third left -- We make things right Dave Simpson LotharCo Get your MoJo workin' ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:10:34 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706190210.UAA16436@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable >[paraphrasing the johns]:"Our fans aren't the sort of people who go to the >smokey clubs. They're generally shy people." >And thus, dial-a-song was born.:) >I would like that idea too, as the johns surely would. but i'm sure there's a >money factor in there. :( So what if they confrence call every fan from the DAS number (or any other number, it really doesn't matter what number they use. I mean they could go to a friend of Flans's house and call with their phone, or they could even use a pay phone, provided they had enough quarters and someone to constantly be pumping the coins into the phone while the Johns played) and play into the phone, thereby saving all of us the time, money, and embarassment of going out in public. Of course there would be the matter of the 2 hour long-distance phone bill for about 500+ people, and... Hmm. Maybe some of us could listen on the same line and save the Johns some cash. Dave Simpson LotharCo Founder of the "Send Us Money" Foundation Dave Simpson LotharCo Get your MoJo workin' ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:09:39 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706190209.UAA16417@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: TMBG: non-TMBG Re: freak flag interp >"I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher, and never be alone..." > > MY INTERPRETATION: > >"I want to act normally. I do not want to be made fun of for acting >naturally.. Those who mock me are just afraid to admit that they feel the >same way. Don't they know that everyone feels the same way? Everyone >should STOP TRYING TO BE DECENT AND PROPER. Stop being fake to be popular >and cool. Don't deny what's natural. If everyone would "raise their freak >flag" (act normally and naturally), we would "never be alone." (We could >all do what we REALLY want to do without being worried or embarassed.)" > > > Oh well. Nobody will listen. We will always continue to pursue >our wants and needs by being fake and unnatural. It is just a longer, >slower, pointless, painful way. > > David "The Human Philosopher" Hutch > Such a lovely interp ruined by the blatent Mike "He's not a god, he's just damn clever" Leffel imitation signature Dave Simpson LotharCo The third left -- We make things right Dave Simpson LotharCo Get your MoJo workin' ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:08:06 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706190208.UAA16364@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: TMBG: WDTSS? concert version Well, after someone who I thought was going to send this to me apparantly gypped me, I thought I'd try again. Do any of you kind and loving listies out there who have the Live in NY CD or a good recording of the rockin' WDTSS? concert version want to send me a copy of it? If not, is there somewhere I can get it online? Dave Simpson LotharCo We not THAT great.. Dave Simpson LotharCo Get your MoJo workin' ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:11:30 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706190211.UAA16453@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: non-TMBG: denounciation of lurkerdom status >listes-only concert, I think, even with all the lurkers out there (you >know you're out there. Admit it. You love this list, even if you never >post... :) ) All I know is after making a few silly posts, evil torch-bearing 3-headed demons wielding such buzzwords as "nettiquite" or "20k of e-mail space wasted because of you" and sending pages of complaints that put the whole Ham/Leffel thing to shame, becoming a lurker is certainly the safest thing to do. But not anymore. Now, thanks to the seemingly unstoppable and oddly minty-fresh style of Mike "Buttons? Who the hell needs buttons?" Leffel, the door has opened wide for all us "lurkers" and our hypnotic, yet utterly pointless posts, allowing them to resurface and become known. Kudos and Juice Boxes to Mike. Dave Simpson LotharCo Now with a different signature! (for those 3 or so of you who remember my old one) Dave Simpson LotharCo Get your MoJo workin' ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A8C8D6.B7913576@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:51:18 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable > I mean they could go > to a friend of Flans's house and call with their phone, look at this sentance people... and realize what we all think of linnell. I know if I were writing this, I would have probably said the same thing... we all think that linnell doesnt have any freinds... Does he? Neptunally- Kevin McGuire ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Michelle" Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Date: Thu, 19 Jun 97 20:13:08 PDT | I think what would be even more feasible would be a TMBG List Slumber Party | at J&J's apartment! Giddy up! We could play Truth or Dare with the Johns! | I'll bring the chips. They'll bring the music. Giddy up! | Can I play strip poker with flansy??????? :P~~~~~~~~~~ I'd find a way to find plane fare to New York for THAT! Michelle ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:22:17 -0400 Subject: TMBG: NON- TMBG --A BIG question. Message-ID: <19970618.232218.3806.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> Anyone know of any other cool E-mail newsgroups? Let me know, ok? ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:25:59 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Message-ID: <19970618.232600.3806.1.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I was wearing my TMBG hat once and someone looked at it and said, "They Might Be Plants?" -- Hutch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:29:53 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG survey apology. Message-ID: <19970618.232954.3806.2.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> Sorry about the big survey. Don't answer it unless you just send it to me, not the List. Sorry again, Idiot (Dave Hutch) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:30:54 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199706190330.WAA13454@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: OMLC idea... probably the most feasable >> I mean they could go >> to a friend of Flans's house and call with their phone, > >look at this sentance people... and realize what we all think of >linnell. I know if I were writing this, I would have probably said the >same thing... we all think that linnell doesnt have any freinds... > >Does he? I never really felt that way. I always had the opinion that they both probably shared a small circle of friends... Mitch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:34:47 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Message-ID: <19970618.234843.3806.3.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I was at my cousin's graduation party last week, and my uncle looked at my hat (a permanent fixture atop my skull) and said, "They Might Be Gnats?" --Dave "Super Dumbass" Hutch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:48:42 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Message-ID: <19970618.234843.3806.4.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> "The World's Address" means "The World is A Dress" (It is a sad pun that reflects a sadder mess.) Everyone looks naked when we see the world is a dress. It is a place that's worn. Life's parade of fashion just leaves me depressed. Under every garment I can see the world is a dress. Albert Einstein and Copernicus were wrong. The world is a dress. I'll repeat it for those who may not have already guessed. THE WORLD IS A DRESS! (Even the piano music is a slight variation of the tango, a dance where every woman in the world must wear a dress.) David "I am STILL a moron" Hutch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:57:32 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Message-ID: <19970618.235732.3806.5.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> Of course all you guys are TMBG know-it-alls and probably already knew that the world is a dress. In fact, I have no interesting information that you don't know about TMBG. I HAVE NO VALID CONTRIBUTIONS TO MAKE TO THE LIST!!! I am worthless, so please tell me what I should do. Dave "I know nothing" Hutch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 00:10:33 -0400 Subject: TMBG:new finding Message-ID: <19970619.001033.3806.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I may have stumbled upon something that may make my pitiful presence here worthwhile: While playing around with "I Am Not Your Broom" on movie player, I discovered that all you have to do to play it backwards is point to any point in the movie window (preferably Linnell's nose), hold down Shift, and double-click with just the left button. Easy! Of course this works with all Quick Time movies. Remember that you must do this at the end of the movie, and continue to hold down shift the whole time. --Dave "You may have already known this, but it is still really cool!" Hutch ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A8D763.27BD@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:53:24 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: TMBG: The Lowdown So, what's the lowdown on new, or soon to-be tmbg releases Freaksickle, it's equivalent, etc... Those with info on Then: need not apply. -- People say love is a game, a game you just can't win. If there's a way, I'll find it some day and happiness will rush in. --Paul Anka -- http://www.inca.de/user/ruprecht/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 02:36:56 -0400 (EDT) From: "Jennifer L. Geese" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-169 Message-Id: Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote: > > Hey all you fans of cheesy sci-fi-- go to the library and get a copy of > _Chrome Circle_, by Mercedes Lackey & Larry Dixon. > Admittedly I haven't read it, but I can tell you this: the protagonist > defeats a bunch of evil mind-reading mages by thinking of the most random > thing he can--TMBG lyrics. :) I am not making this up. Hey! I object! It's not cheesy - Mercedes Lackey is a good author. I actually read this book before I had ever heard TMBG. I just read it again this weekend, as a matter of fact. He actually doesn't defeat them so much as keep them from reading his mind. Another good bit in that section is when he concentrates on the accordion as a powerful magical weapon. :) Jen "Parrots and lemurs populate your unconscious grotesque." - XTC ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 03:06:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Beth Connell Subject: TMBG: OMLC stuff and some completely NON-TMBG stuff.. Message-ID: Re: OMLC Mitch wrote: > Why is this a good idea? It just seems like limiting who can listen to > the glory of TMBG. I'd sooner prefer a concert where listees are banned, > so TMBG can get more new fans. Never said it was a 'good' idea. I said I 'like' the idea, if I remember correctly. It may be a perfectly rotten idea, for all I know. But I believe the general idea behind this was to do something for the very dedicated fans out there, and I think it would be a safe assumption to say that many of them are either on the list or read the NG. And more and more people will do so now that accessing the internet is a fairly common thing. I, for one, would absolutely -hate- a show where the listees were banned, because then we could not bask in the wonderfulness that is They. And, if the show does come to a point where it's playing a college or such, you're going to get both fans and non-fans anyway. At this point, it's simply discussion anyway. :) But it's cool that you want to get more people hooked on They. I try and do it all the time, and when Igo all out, I get 'em. :) NON-TMBG: I'd like to propose a moment of silence, followed by whatever TMBG song you feel appropriate for Buster T. Bunny. We shall not walk this path again. So mote it be. Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706191031.TAA27557@inetnif.niftyserve.or.jp> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:30:00 +0900 From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2YwZkJnPXUbKEI=?= Subject: RE:Non-TMBG:Frank Zappa I beg your pardon, but does FZ sound like Weird Al? Perchance you're thinking of one of the many other vocalists who have appeared on one of his albums in the past? Terry Bozzio, to be precise? Daisuke Nakai >Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:10:21 +0000 >From: "Ben Greenberg" >Reply-To: "Ben Greenberg" >Errors-To: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > >Surpisingly, I noticed after all this favorite other band stuff, no >one mentioned (or I didn't see) Frank Zappa. I find this odd because >FZ is an obvious influence to John & John (I think this has been >confirmed somewhere) and his voice sounds a lot like Weird Al's. Am >I the only Zappa fan on the list? > >-Ben Greenberg ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706191319.AA04604@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:19:40 -0400 (EDT) > Just in case you all didn't know, an XTC "greatest hits" album came out > Tuesday. It's called "Upsy Daisy Assortment:The Sweetest Hits" and it's > REALLY cool.:-)(especially for someone like myself who doesn't have all > the albums yet. < I'm workin' on getting them! Really, I am! >) > I saw the Upsy Daisy Assortment in the store about 2 1/2 weeks ago, but now that I'm writing this, I seem to recall it being a promo only copy, if memory serves I believe there are no b-sides or rare tracks that you wouldn't find on the albums. So if you are or are going to be a diehard you might want to hold off. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706191324.AA04611@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC/Chalkhills Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:24:04 -0400 (EDT) Basically, Andy forced the producer/record company/whoever to put that song on there because it was so great, even though it was not a single. I guess he really liked that song. If you wish to find about this 12/96 Australian interview w/Andy go to http://www.charm.net/~duke/xtc/beatown.html > Basically it is a shortened one-CD version of the double CD UK collection, > focusing more on recent songs... oh and for some reason it has Chalkhills > and Children which isn't even a single... but a great song.... > > > ---------- > | From: Mitchell Harding > | To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > | Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC > | Date: Wednesday, June 18, 1997 6:49 PM > | > | >Just in case you all didn't know, an XTC "greatest hits" album came out > | >Tuesday. It's called "Upsy Daisy Assortment:The Sweetest Hits" and it's > | >REALLY cool.:-)(especially for someone like myself who doesn't have all > | >the albums yet. < I'm workin' on getting them! Really, I am! >) > | > | I had heard of it, but it doesn't have any tracks that don't appear on > | albums, correct? I have all of the albums, and I don't want to buy the CD > | unless it offers me something extra. > | > | Mitch > | > -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:08:31 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Message-ID: <19970619.093420.3862.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I was in the movie store a couple weeks ago and I asked if they had the movie "They Might Be Giants", and they checked their computers and said they didn't have it in stock. Then the guy checked a bunch of microfische, and said, "Eureeka! I've found it!" Then he told me I would have to order it for, get this, $60.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I will buy it for that much... Any comments? -D. Hutch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:34:20 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Message-ID: <19970619.093420.3862.1.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> A comment about "I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die" I am sure that it was a grammatical error in printing the lyrics for Then:T.E.Y. The lyrics in the Pink album say "hang you soon I hope..." Also, John clearly sings "you", not hang "me" in both versions (which are exactly the same recording.) Also, would anyone be interested in buying John L. and John F. dolls? I have the materials to make them, so tell me what you think, or if you wanna help make em. I am from near Cleveland, and I know one of you goes to Bowling Green (my sister goes there too!) Anyone else who lives close, let me know. I need some advice on how or if I should perform this feat. "...and every TMBG fan shall have dolls! My dream is to put a little John in every home!" ---D. Hutch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706191338.WAA00218@inetnif.niftyserve.or.jp> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 22:21:00 +0900 From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2YwZkJnPXUbKEI=?= Subject: RE:Non-TMBG: XTC After 20 years with Virgin, XTC's contract has ended, and I haven't heard of a ny new contract, although there are rumours of one with Rykodisc. If you like TMBG, the best album is probably The Dukes of Stratosphear compilation, Chips off the Chocolate Fireball. After all, the Johns chose 25 O'Clock off this album when they participated in the XTC tribute album. Speaking of 25 O'Clock, does anybody know what other artists aside from Adam A nt are mentioned in the backwards section? Daisuke Nakai >Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:46:02 -0500 (CDT) >From: Mitchell Harding >Reply-To: Mitchell Harding >Errors-To: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > >>Anyway... I know some of you are XTC fans... >>I have Drums & Wires and Skylarking, I really like Skylarking, but I don't >>like Drums & Wires... what album would you recommend buying? (Perhaps >>Nonsuch? their latest one?) ... Also, did they break up, or are they just >>not touring and not recording an album? > >Don't like Drums & Wires? Blasphemy. > >Nonsuch is much closer to Skylarking than it is to Drums & Wires (musically, >as well as chronologically) and is a great album. I'd recommend it. > >They did not break up. They seldom tour, ever since Andy Partridge got >terrible stage fright sometime in the early 80's. The occasionally do random >performances, but it's not very often. They had pretty bad contract problems >with their record company, and I think they are almost done with the >negotiations. It was pretty nasty, but word on the XTC list is that we >should have a couple new albums before too long. > >Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970620001415.00693b08@postoffice.sandybay.utas.edu.au> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 00:14:15 +1000 From: Brownie Subject: TMBG: Another Chat As if there weren't enough ways for TMBG fans to talk to each other already... I've just set up a Java Chat page for TMBG fans. You can get to it through http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6739/ If you want to network this site to your page (ie, have people use your page to access the same chat room) you are most welcome. Just cut and paste the following into your page:
This chat room is courtesy of fict, who are very nice people who design communications software and then make it free and easy to use. These is no advertising, but the client is VERY basic... and it seems to have some problems with netscape... but hey I tried. Brownie Ps... if you do go there... take a sec to fill out the form to be read out on our radio show... we play around 5-7 TMBG songs every two hour show. --------------------------- tear here ------------------------------- "I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now."-Steve Wright ICQ: 1310725 http:www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6739/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:02:28 -0400 (EDT) From: Carrie Subject: TMBG: Re: OMLC Message-ID: OK, I have decided that I am going to give all of you my ideas about this concert and you can either agree with me or disagree, I really do not care. AT least there will be some kind of thought going into this. OK.... here it goes! THEY are primarily an east coast band. THEY rarely tour out west. I think it would be more feasible to keep the concert in NYC. WE do not want to make the Johns travel very far and since they are based out of NY, then that is where I think it should be. I also like m4~4~the guestlist for the listies. Find out who will definately be there and guest list them. Sell the other tickets to keep the cost down. I do not know how many corporations will take a bunch of fans seriously if we were to ask for their sponsorship. They would need a lot of stuff in writing and it could cost more to get them to sponsor and might be cheaper some other way. The hotel thing..... I think that that would be each persons responsibility. What hotel is going to take in a bunch of people for free? Especially because there seems to be so many of us. AS for the Mike thing...... leave him alone and make this the last post. The most posts done about him, the more we are really talking about something that has nothing to do with TMBG. I would be happy to help with this concert thing. IF anyone is serious about getting this together....e-mail me directly. Carrie P.S. I am quite aware that I do not know how to spell and I am using Pine to write this...there spell check sucks. SO, I apologize! ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706191532.AA04742@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Re: OMLC hotels Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:32:01 -0400 (EDT) > OK, I have decided that I am going to give all of you my ideas about this > concert and you can either agree with me or disagree, I really do not care. > AT least there will be some kind of thought going into this. OK.... here > it goes! THEY are primarily an east coast band. THEY rarely tour out > west. I think it would be more feasible to keep the concert in NYC. WE > do not want to make the Johns travel very far and since they are based out > of NY, then that is where I think it should be. I also like m4~4~the > guestlist for the listies. Find out who will definately be there and > guest list them. Sell the other tickets to keep the cost down. I do not > know how many corporations will take a bunch of fans seriously if we were > to ask for their sponsorship. They would need a lot of stuff in writing > and it could cost more to get them to sponsor and might be cheaper some > other way. The hotel thing..... I think that that would be each persons > responsibility. What hotel is going to take in a bunch of people for > free? Especially because there seems to be so many of us. AS for the I know that for various conventions and such big groups can buy out a hotel/hotels for a cheap price provided a whole lot of ppl rent it out. Generally group discounts apply for most things in this world. We could have the OMLH (Official Mailing List Hotel), but I'd sure like to stay in room number #7183876962. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33a9520c02e4002@garnet.tc.umn.edu> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-169 Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:36:43 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Brett Ballantini: >Daniel asked: > >>>Anyone remember the Kate and Kari show from waaaay back? > >Indeed I do. Nothing against Mike "collect and trade the entertaining >quotations inserted between his name" Leffel, but the Kate and Kari show >produced some of the most entertaining posts seen on this list. Then again, >perhaps time and distance has clouded my vision. I even had the good fortune to meet them in person back in '94 or so. Truly fun, interesting people. >(wondering how the old thread where nearly every member of the list married >one another went unmentioned in the "annoying threads" thread) I still have my Official Certificate of Marriage to Kari... (I think i was also married to Steph "kumquat" Wishnick.) Darn, now i feel older than I've ever been - and now i'm even older! %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <4neJGuO00WB=0I41Q0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:48:10 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: OMLC Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 19-Jun-97 TMBG: Re: OMLC by Carrie@thor.infi-pos.com > of NY, then that is where I think it should be. I also like m4~4~the > guestlist for the listies. Find out who will definately be there and > guest list them. Sell the other tickets to keep the cost down. I do not a guest list is a bad idea - I don't show up anywhere in any subscription information for the list because of the way I'm reading it at school. as a result, I wouldn't be on the guest list, unless there's another way to do it. um, you all know me, right? I post a lot, right? :) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:13:16 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970619120848_-1059994373@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: grinning scarecrows sent to annoy and manipulate you! >And if we do this maybe afterwards we could >convince them to just have a sit-and-chat type >thing, where they you know, sit and talk with > people, field questions or such. Wow, I just had an idea. See the OMLC sounds really great, but really far fetched. :( And even if it does happen, I sincerely doubt half of us could go (what was the average age? I know I doubt *I* could go..), held back by parents, no money, or just being too far away. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but anyways, I thought of another idea on this chat thing.. Maybe if we can't persuade them to do a concert, they could just do an internet (or AOL) chat, and it could be like to listies *only*? 'S an idea. >Of course, you'd all have to come to Buffalo >(ugh) if this happened, but hey, it's They! Lol, that's okay for me . :) >I have Drums & Wires and Skylarking, I really >like Skylarking, but I don't like Drums & >Wires... what album would you recommend buying? >(Perhaps Nonsuch? their latest one?) ... I have Skylarking, Nonsuch and Oranges And Lemons (and a copy of English Settlement). I'd say, well, any of those!:) I can't pick a fave, but Nonsuch *used* to be my fave.. Now I like them equally. ::shrug:: >>I would like to hold a vote for the proposal to >construct a Mike >Leffel >Mailing List for his >fan club. This way those who could care less > >about Mr. >Leffel (how dare they) can >continue talking about TMBG without > >distraction. > All in favor say "Ye" All >against say "Ne" Ye! >Now, I know of course you meant that they would >play, and that would be the music, but don't >you think it would be even more interesting to >see them bring all the CDs they own... thus >They'll bring the music? LOL, there's a thought.. What did it say on tmbg.com? Beach Boys... I can't rememebr the rest.. Oh, don't forget that cd Linnell likes, and I forgot the name of . Starts with an A.. >and Flans wears a pink bunny jumper. ::squeal:: like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story"! :D >BT however, did not be so lucky. He was killed. >apparent cause, sever head trauma. Ohmygod! :0 That is awful! That's, wow... that is terrible... :*( Oh god.. Oh... wow... sarah:) ~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org ~ http://lava.home.ml.org "There was no love at the v.i.p. room at the Big Bop-just me and a bowl of peanuts, and Bryan Adams. I talked to the bowl of peanuts all night, if you know what I mean." - Bruce McCulloch ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970619162440.12352.rocketmail@send1.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:24:40 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: Non-TMBG: Defending Mike Leffel ---Mike Leffel wrote: > > I was just like you when I was in high school, saying shocking things > > and reveling in my moral superiority because everyone else had bugs up > > their asses. So was I, to a point. Many intellectuals are, though, in adolescence. > >saying shocking things doesn't really prove ones MORAL superiority, >does it? No. It doesn't. Mike meant no harm. Really. He never does. > > > But trust me, you will XXXX people off if you don't stop. In life, everyone pisses other off at one point or another. I respect your beliefs and your right to be offended. hey, it's a free country, and if we want to say something stupid, we can. > > Shindler's List as a prom theme is a prime example. > Hey, I suggested it as a prom theme, and I'll defend that idea > until the day I die. I'll say again...Mike sometimes is a little too off the wall. Besides, it wasn't humor...it was sarcasm. Big difference. > ..of course, the rest of the student "football is good, lenny" body > didn't even UNDERSTAND that... They never do. > Oh, I'm low brow? What a nice statement, considering you don't know me > at all, and all I freaking said was _Anne "EEK! NAZIS! EEK!" Frank_ Ok, Mike, that was a little tasteless. But, must we all blast each other over the slightest thing? It was tacky, but nothing worth a flame in front of the list. > > But hey, do what you want. One or two more of those and watch your fan > > club dissolve into demands for you to leave the list. It's not the first time Mike has made a crass remark. I highly doubt that we'll start trying to make him leave now. Stasi _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706191647.AA04805@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: grinning scarecrows sent to annoy and manipulate you! Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:47:39 -0400 (EDT) > Wow, I just had an idea. See the OMLC sounds really great, but really far > fetched. :( And even if it does happen, I sincerely doubt half of us could go > (what was the average age? I know I doubt *I* could go..), held back by > parents, no money, or just being too far away. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, > but anyways, I thought of another idea on this chat thing.. Maybe if we can't > persuade them to do a concert, they could just do an internet (or AOL) chat, > and it could be like to listies *only*? 'S an idea. Or as Linnell was willing to do from one chat, a cybercast concert. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970619165028.15704.rocketmail@send1.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:50:28 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: Re: Non-TMBG:Mike Leffel Mailing List ---Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > > I would like to hold a vote for the proposal to construct a Mike Leffel > Mailing List for his fan club. > All in favor say "Ye" All against say "Ne" ye. Cookie _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:16:52 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970619131650_1242670974@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG dolls & Edward White In a message dated 97-06-19 13:00:25 EDT, tmbgdhutch@juno.com writes: << Also, would anyone be interested in buying John L. and John F. dolls? >> I have always said that someone or the TMB Productions should make J&J Booby Head dolls (those with the huge heads and small bodies that bobble up and down). Put those on a pogo stick, and watch your head spin.....literally Also, we all know that Edward White (guy on masks) is in the Colliers Encyclopedia where EB White (Charlotte's Web author) belongs. But why did they choose him? Any feedback? Joel "Hi I'm Joel's Replacement. I'm having a good time" Gedalius ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970619171752.1364.rocketmail@send2.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:17:52 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) ---Queen Sneepy wrote > Anyone with me in giving Sir Gedalius here the Nuttiest Next To Mike > award? ohh. Me, me, me. > "Ok, Linnell, your turn! Truth or dare?" > "Truth!" > "Ok- what do you _really_ say in the second part of 'Become a Robot'?" (And the dares "Ok, Linnell, since you picked Dare, you must put this negligee on and dance the Watusi on the front lawn.") > I wonder what They're jammies look like? With our luck, Linnell sleeps > in the nude, and Flans wears a pink bunny jumper. Speaking of nutty...Sneepy, you perv! Linnell's jammies are black, and Flansy's have bunnies on them and he wears bunny slippers. (in a realistic world, they would be.) Cookie, who doesn't care to see John Linnell in the nude ever. _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:25:02 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970619132205_339105308@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: The Guitar question In a message dated 97-06-19 12:24:26 EDT, ana.ng@tmbg.org (Nicole the Wonder Nerd) writes: << "The words I'm saying now mean nothing more than 'meow' to an animal."--They Might Be Giants >> This is taken from Nicole's sig. It was amazing because just as I was reading it, my Don't let's start mp3 got up to that line. TMBG have some strong power over us. F~~~R~~~~E~~~~A~~~K~~~~Y Joel "T--M--B--G <--Village People" Gedalius ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG:new finding Message-ID: <19970619.133346.4287.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> From: mr.train@juno.com (Tim J Murphy) Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:33:25 EDT Actually if you are playing this with the quicktime player all you have to do to play it backwards is go to Movie and then click loop back and forth... and then you can watch it forewards and then watch it backwards...! "Moorb more shum ni yuh" Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: S~E~X~X~Y (don't expect this one to stay here long!) Interesting Fact - Juno Spell checker changes Tambo to Tampon On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 00:10:33 -0400 tmbgdhutch@juno.com writes: >I may have stumbled upon something that may make my pitiful presence >here worthwhile: > > While playing around with "I Am Not Your Broom" on >movie player, I discovered that all you have to do to play it >backwards is point to any point in the movie window (preferably >Linnell's nose), hold down Shift, and double-click with just the left >button. Easy! >Of course this works with all Quick Time movies. > >Remember that you must do this at the end of the movie, and continue >to hold down shift the whole time. > > --Dave "You may have already known this, but it is >still really > cool!" Hutch ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:41:44 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970619134022_-1227625296@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG:new finding In a message dated 97-06-19 05:54:22 EDT, tmbgdhutch@juno.com writes: << While playing around with "I Am Not Your Broom" on movie player, I discovered that all you have to do to play it backwards is point to any point in the movie window (preferably Linnell's nose), hold down Shift, and double-click with just the left button. Easy! Of course this works with all Quick Time movies. Remember that you must do this at the end of the movie, and continue to hold down shift the whole time. >> Or, so you can enjoy the movie instead of fumbling with the mouse, before the movie or during, go to the menu MOVIE--->Play Selection Back and Forth Enjoy! Joel "When Leffels take over the world" Gedalius Playing now: CUB's NYC MP3 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:57:44 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, The Almighty Cookie wrote: > (And the dares "Ok, Linnell, since you picked Dare, you must put this > negligee on and dance the Watusi on the front lawn.") And you accuse me of being a perv! "Shake it, Johnny! Shake it!" > Speaking of nutty...Sneepy, you perv! Linnell's jammies are black, and > Flansy's have bunnies on them and he wears bunny slippers. (in a > realistic world, they would be.) > Cookie, who doesn't care to see John Linnell in the nude ever. No, I was thinking more of a fluffy, zip-up-to-the-chin number, with footies, and a bunny applique on the chest. I think he'd look cute! Just like KidsInTheHall (can't...remember...abbreviation...) said, like Ralphie in the Christmas Story! "You'll shoot your eye out!" I don't much want to see Linnell in the nude ever either..."Put some clothes on, man!" (which, I believe I said in the last post...) "I feel so free!" "Try the negligee, John." "Ok...I feel pretty, oh, so pretty!" "Get off the table! No, not the yard! All right, who spiked the punch?" Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html I'm NOT judgmental. I ACCEPT that we're all different -- some of us are just a little TALLER than others." -Craig Kilborn. And oh, how true that is. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:18:30 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: Official Mailing List CONCERT (OMLC) Message-ID: <19970619.112057.3750.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) He better not say this, or Robert Smith (of The Cure) will come over and start singing "Lovecats" to us. Josh Nielsen "It's so wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully pretty"-The Cure On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:57:44 -0500 (EST) Queen Sneepy writes: >"Ok...I feel pretty, oh, so pretty!" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A9AE2E.338FF2CE@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:09:50 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: They'll bring the music > but don't you think it would be even more interesting to see them > bring all the CDs they own... thus They'll bring the music? I remember reading in an interview that Flansy was really into Public Enemy. Upon finding this out, the interviewer got into a heated discussion with flans about the best album, and the degeneration of the band now that certain members were gone, etc. Kevin "This is not a joke, no matter how much I wish it was" McGuire ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:22:35 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970619152022_24423409@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: NON-TMBG: card-carrying moose humpers, eh? >Erik "Card Carrying member of Moose Humpers of America" Chuss I'll be damned, looks like I've got a fan club. What is this? What's next, Mike Leffel Humpers of America? Moose "...scares me so, like I scare myself with that copy of Matt's Life Savings up upon my shelf" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33A9B026.E3A54516@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:18:14 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: NON-TMBG: Mike Leffell Sure, you all like him. You think hes funny and cool. Well, I say wrong, bucko! Mike Leffell is my arch nemesis. And, being thus, I have created a Mike leffell hate club. We would be about the basic good things in life, i.e. destroying the Mike Leffell Fan Club. Yes.. you and your "rabid obsession to someone I dont even know" will soon be put to rest.... We have nuclear bombs aimed at all of your houses... and they will be released with the push of a button! We have but few demands: 1. Mike Leffell must hide in secrecy for the rest of his adult life (uhh..... crap... that doesnt apply then) 2. All you fans must promise to wage constant war with us haters. (you know, the prinicple and all) 3. A slurpee. I want the "ultimate chill" Well, those are our demands. The members so far... ~~~~Members of the Mike Leffell Hate club~~~~ #00000001 - Kevin McGuire #33 Mike Leffell #? - Ellen Kao ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Were growing strong! Would you like to join? E-mail me. And make sure your Ak47 is well oiled. Kevin "No middle name" McGuire ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19970619154537.007a3630@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:45:37 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: NOn-TMBG: XTC, again I would like to get XTC's Fossil Fuel, the single compilation, UK release only (correct?) Does anyone know of a place I could order it online? Perhaps for cheaper than ordering it at my local music retailer... If I remember correctly, (from a few months ago, the last time I thought about getting more XTC stuff) It was released in two versions... one normal, and one gold/delux/special/ltd edition or something? Or maybe I'll just go buy the greatest hit's-type thing you all mentioned. Thanks. Evan "Binocular vision ROCKS!" Chakroff ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19970619155141.007a3630@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:51:41 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: re: grinning scarecrows (online concert) >Wow, I just had an idea. See the OMLC sounds really great, but really far >fetched. :( And even if it does happen, I sincerely doubt half of us could go >(what was the average age? I know I doubt *I* could go..), held back by >parents, no money, or just being too far away. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, >but anyways, I thought of another idea on this chat thing.. Maybe if we can't >persuade them to do a concert, they could just do an internet (or AOL) chat, >and it could be like to listies *only*? 'S an idea. > or even better, an online concert (with real audio or something), then a chat afterwards. -ec ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:49:50 -0400 Subject: TMBG: RADIO! AAUUGGHH!! Message-ID: <19970619.164951.16886.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) I called up 100.7 WMMS (Cleveland) and this is the conversation: DJ: Buzzard! Me: Yeah, can I request a song? DJ: Sure! Me: Stomp Box by They Might Be Giants? DJ: GREAT SONG, THANKS!!! (click) That was about twenty minutes ago and shitty song after shitty song is still playing. The DJ sounded very enthusiastic about Them so I'm pretty sure he'll play it. I hope so! -Evan "waiting oh so patiently" Kleve ------------------------------ From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:54:28 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Non Tmbg: See Ya Message-ID: <19970619205451.AAA14364@default> I'm not going to be able to read my mail for a while, so see ya later (like in September) Eric ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706192040.PAA08613@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: card-carrying moose humpers, eh? Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:20:18 -0500 > >Erik "Card Carrying member of Moose Humpers of America" Chuss > > I'll be damned, looks like I've got a fan club. What is this? What's next, > Mike Leffel Humpers of America? > Hey, ladies! Join up now and get a free slice of pie! Mike "I REALLY need people to join up!" Leffel > Moose > "...scares me so, like I scare myself with that copy of Matt's Life Savings > up upon my shelf" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-170 ******************************