Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-175 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 175 Wednesday, 25 June 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: local stations TMBG: B-DAY TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. NON-TMBG Re: TMBG:Bootlegs N-TMBG: IF ANYONE TRIED TO SEND YOEL97@aol.com MAIL PLEASE READ Re: TMBG: local stations TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. TMBG: At the End of This is Surface Tension! TMBG: TMBG. And then there's the other guys.. Re: TMBG: TMBG. And then there's the other guys.. Re: TMBG: TMBG. And then there's the other guys.. Re: TMBG: other bands similar to tmbg TMBG: (She Was A) Vinyl Detective... Re: TMBG: Still Not on the list, but listen to this: Re: TMBG: A Testimonial Dinner non-TMBG: Chrome circle Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Party Re: TMBG: Nickelodeon audio-spotting of fun! Re: Non-TMBG: You're all invited to a list wedding! Re: TMBG: Re: J&J's Musical Preferences TMBG: my catchup to mail.. tmbg Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. TMBG: No Subject Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. TMBG: 32 Footsteps Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 03:08:36 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: Re: TMBG: local stations Message-ID: >I keep reading these posts about radio stations that do not play TMBG. I >guess I am lucky because the local station here play TMBG about once a >day. > They takes requests and play most if not all of them. >The station is 106.3 out of Eatontown, NJ. >I guess I am pretty lucky. >Carrie Hoffmann I, too listen to that station, and have requested my share of tmbg from them. :) -Mike ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: B-DAY Message-ID: <19970624.071225.4911.0.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:19:07 EDT Hey I've been gone for about 10 days, has there been any news on the B-Day card? Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:39:04 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970624073904_644765856@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. :::temporarily delurking::: I've found myself thinking a lot about this review over the last couple of days. I think it's kind of natural to have a knee-jerk reaction to it, to see the negative without bothering to think about the whole. But then I'm of the opinion that blind adoration is a bad thing and that even self-proclaimed 'rabid fans' can still keep some perspective. "Your average Nine Inch Nails fan was born around the time that TMBG relased its first album, which helps explain why this bright and happy pop act is running out of luck towards the end of the 90s. Last year's Factory Showroom was a clever self-tribute that alienated even its loyal following and now TMBG can't even be arrested in the cause of power pop. Nobody even cared about the release of Then, a comprehensive two-CD compilation of the time the band spent as the Stanley Kubricks of Top 40. Consider the rightful underground hit of "Ana Ng," where the guys write the ultimate unrequited-love song about a girl on the other side of the world. Typically, it's a clear experiment that doesn't sound self-referential or coyly calculated, but instead mixes sincere passion with the glory of scientific recording. TMBG also assembled this fine package with the fervor of true record nerds, including original artwork, lyrics and a nicely detailed history. They also renew their Brooklyn ties by bringing in Tony Millionaire for some new cover art, guaranteeing additional sales from hundreds of Drinky Crow completists." - NY Press, June 18 - 24, 1997. Love, Brooks. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <8nfw3u_00WB=03VWM0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:43:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 24-Jun-97 TMBG: Then review in the NY.. by Brooksie2@aol.com > I've found myself thinking a lot about this review over the last couple of > days. I think it's kind of natural to have a knee-jerk reaction to it, to > see the negative without bothering to think about the whole. But then I'm > of the opinion that blind adoration is a bad thing and that even > self-proclaimed 'rabid fans' can still keep some perspective. some perspective? but that review is just ridiculous. for one, they *aren't* fading, running out of luck, or losing fans, and, if the mailing list and newsgroup are any indication, plenty of people bought Then. This review was most likely by someone who was never a TMBG fan, and doesn't understand what everyone likes about "that Birdhouse song." I didn't see anything that was even accurate in there. Except maybe that they did actually bring in Tony Millionaire to do some new artwork - only then for the reviewer to insult it. Factory Showroom a self-tribute? Hardly. Alienated its loyal following? Not quite. I think the reviewer is on crack... lots of it. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970624234358.006a0a88@postoffice.sandybay.utas.edu.au> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 23:43:58 +1000 From: Brownie Subject: NON-TMBG Re: TMBG:Bootlegs >P.S.- AnyoneKnowWhatTheHellHappenedToMySpacebar? It's the dreaded TMBG List Spacebar Disease!! Two computers have been struck down so far... will yours be next??? Will it spread beyond the confines of the list?? Will it grow strong and destroy the world of computers as we know it???? Probably not. Brownie --------------------------- tear here ------------------------------- Bad Movie Quote: "(she)-You've got good taste in clothes, good taste in food... (he)- Good taste in women too, I like your flavour!" North By Northwest (Hitchcock) ICQ: 1310725 http:www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6739/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33AFD626.18E1A4F9@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:13:58 -0400 From: Joel Daniel Gedalius Subject: N-TMBG: IF ANYONE TRIED TO SEND YOEL97@aol.com MAIL PLEASE READ I was having problems with my AOL mail yesterday and if anyone replied to a message or tried to send me mail, please send it again, because I didn't get it. Don't send it to this address (chiapet1983@geocities.com), but rather YOEL97@aol.com . Thank you Joel Gedalius ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706241411.AA00766@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: local stations Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:11:29 -0400 (EDT) > >I keep reading these posts about radio stations that do not play TMBG. I > >guess I am lucky because the local station here play TMBG about once a > >day. > > They takes requests and play most if not all of them. > >The station is 106.3 out of Eatontown, NJ. > >I guess I am pretty lucky. > > >Carrie Hoffmann > > I, too listen to that station, and have requested my share of tmbg from > them. :) Methinks TMBG don't have the grunge/hard rock/standard American band/or whatever-most-radio-stations-are-looking-for style these days so they rarely play them, if at all. WHFS is supposed to be a very big station playing lots of different new rock but they rarely play them, even though they announce concerts they'll be at and such. I guess that's a start but I bet they've only played them about 5 or 6 times over the entire year (probably mostly on the Flashback Cafe). New Jersey is close to the homeland of New York City, too, so you probably have a bit of an advantage there. Actually, WRNR sometimes plays them, they are pretty good about getting in TMBG every so often, of course they're progressive-free form radio. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9706241414.AA00780@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:14:16 -0400 (EDT) > for some new cover art, guaranteeing additional sales from hundreds of Drinky > Crow completists." What is a Drinky Crow? /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 13:54:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199706241754.NAA29502@cyber1.servtech.com> From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: TMBG: At the End of This is Surface Tension! >>Maybe it's a radio station! you know, like WABC(not JUST a television >>network!), etc. > >I think it's also a dual pun. Hmmm. My thoughts on EotT can all be read in the tmbg.org interp section, but anyway. Yeah, I think it's a pun as well; I figure the "crown and scepter" could be a reporter's headset and microphone. >It's called "Surface Tension" by Yazbek. I've never heard of them. Have >any of you? Yazbek is not a band, but actually the name of the artist. His most recent album is "The Laughing Man"... he has an e-mail address, though I can't remember it offhand. Actually, I figured Mike Wood would fill us in on this one... >(They were originally going to cover "This Is Pop?" but didn't). Oh, damn. I think that would have been quite a bit cooler than 25 O'Clock, if for no other reason than it would have *forced* TMBG to do a rather different take on the song... Josh /-------------Joshua Hall-Bachner-------------Chaos Harlequin-------------\ | harlequin@tmbg.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | |"We all have our idiosyncracies -- maybe thinning hair, or gum disease." | \---- Kowanko, "Will You Come To?" ------ Thank You, And Goodnight. ------/ ------------------------------ From: sbyrd@dwph.com Message-Id: <199706241814.OAA13987@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 11:18:10 -0800 Subject: TMBG: TMBG. And then there's the other guys.. There are no bands out there that bear any REAL resemblance to TMBG, musically, lyrically, or otherwise (notwithstanding Mono Puff, obviously). Some of the bands mentioned on this list are perfectly fine bands in their own right whose songs contain humorous or political or clever lyrics, but the fact is that one cannot make valid comparisons to that which is indisputably incomparable. [Besides, clinical studies have proven that one old Johnny Cash record contains 97% more dietary fiber than three Weird Al discs.] Also, bravo to the guy who was griping about people who think TMBG songs are funny. I believe Flansburgh said it best at a show last year when he announced, "Here's another song in the They Might Be Giants tradition; that is to say, *bitter*." Not that you all don't know this already =) SB ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199706241854.NAA07866@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG. And then there's the other guys.. Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:43:29 -0500 ---------- > From: sbyrd@dwph.com . [Besides, clinical studies have proven that > one old Johnny Cash record contains 97% more dietary fiber than three > Weird Al discs.] > .."And it burns, burns, burns... that ring of fire... that ring of fire.." Mike "Down, Down Down" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:02:15 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG. And then there's the other guys.. At 19:18 -0000 6/24/97, sbyrd@dwph.com wrote: >Also, bravo to the guy who was griping about people who think TMBG >songs are funny. that's odd, all this time i thought some of Their songs were pretty damn funny... oh well, silly me always listening to my own opinions when i should be mindlessly obeying the will of the collective subconsicous (sp?)... i'll try to reform my views... >I believe Flansburgh said it best at a show last year >when he announced, "Here's another song in the They Might Be Giants >tradition; that is to say, *bitter*." i guess i'll have to curtail my practice of dancing around like an idiot and smiling while listening to TMBG... from now on i'll try to be as bitter as possible... i always thought They had some funny songs, and some sad songs, and some wierd songs, and some bitter-sweet songs, etc etc... and now i find out that none of their songs are funny and they're all bitter... bye bye Trippy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:14:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: other bands similar to tmbg At 00:10 -0000 6/24/97, matt banham wrote: >Hello everyone, >here are some bands which have simalarities to tmbg: >1) The Sugarplastic >2) Primus >3) jonothon richman >4) Space >5) captain pyjama >if you have any questions about these bands plese write back. i have a question... what are you on, that allows you to think that any of these bands are similar to TMBG... whatever it is, it must be pretty powerful stuff... Trippy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 19:54:42 -0400 (EDT) From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: TMBG: (She Was A) Vinyl Detective... Message-ID: Hi Subway service was cancelled because a train caught fire. Rather than waiting for a shuttle bus, I decided to walk to the next station. On the way, I stopped in at a record store, and was delighted to find the (She Was A) Hotel Detective single on vinyl for 8 bucks! It is in excellent condition, except for the fact that the lable on side A is bubbling up slightly. Like many of their records from that era, this one has writing etched into the inner hub. On side A, it says "IT IS DANGEROUS TO BE SINCERE UNLESS YOU ARE ALSO STUPID" and on side B (are you ready for this?) "MOTEL DETECTIVE: WIGUE WIGUE WISHNICK". Discuss... Alex ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:55:44 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: Still Not on the list, but listen to this: Message-ID: On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > > "The End Of The Tour", and it says how it's about a car crash. I agree. > the "this was the vehicle..." verse I don't really understand, though. > I think the "people" was actually one person - the guy - but "This was > the vehicle, this was the person..." sounds stupid. :) I don't really understand it either -- I probably would if I thought it through at all -- but who wants to think? It still has a relationshippy theme, though because of the "this is the church, this is the steeple, open the doors, and see all the people" (duh) rhyme. The line immediately makes me think of marriage. Opening the door and expelling all the people could show the lost possibility of marriage. Wedding's off. Everyone goes home. Or something. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, the Washington State Listies page, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:00:17 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706250000.SAA11076@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: Re: TMBG: A Testimonial Dinner At 07:43 PM 6/23/97 -0400, you wrote: >i believe that 25 O'Clock was recorded in late-spring '95 (They were >originally going to cover "This Is Pop?" but didn't). Eric Sanko was brought Actually, I kind of wish they had. That would make a great title for the beverage section of my party. =) Dave Simpson LotharCo Quick on the draw, a bit slow on reloading. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:00:30 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706250000.SAA11505@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: non-TMBG: Chrome circle To everyone who sent me information about the book Chrome Circle, THANKS! I now have plenty of information to go out and find the book! You're all so helpful, I could.. GROUP HUG EVERYONE! There now, don't you feel better? I know I don't. I think Mike "The Tennis Coach" Leffel stole my wallet. Dave Simpson LotharCo What good is a wallet if you're already broke? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:58:07 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706242358.RAA11057@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Party At 03:26 AM 6/23/97 -0700, you wrote: >"Them-centered foods"? Tell me more. I gotta hear this. Well, actually, I thought of the idea before getting any real details. I figure that the foods would be horrible puns on song titles (like "It's not my birthday cake"). Unfortunetly, I can't really think of any good ones. Any suggestions? Anyone? The worse the better. Dave Simpson LotharCo The third left -- We make things right ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:59:34 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706242359.RAA11091@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: Re: TMBG: Nickelodeon audio-spotting of fun! At 12:44 PM 6/23/97 -0700, you wrote: >I thought Mockingbird was an original Flans composition. I saw this little "skit" (1) also, and I am absolutely positive that it is the musical section from Mockingbird. As for who preformed it for the "show" (2) I don't know who it is. Anyone else have any idears? (1) if you can call it that.. it was a pretty pathetic "show" (2) (2) damn short if it really was a show, more of a "skit" (1) Dave Simpson LotharCo We're the marshmallows in your morning cereal -- colorful, and we'll rot your teeth to boot ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:00:19 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199706250000.SAA12073@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: You're all invited to a list wedding! At 04:56 PM 6/23/97 -0700, you wrote: >Hi Listies! >Cookie here! Just wanted to gloat that Mike Leffel and I are engaged! >Wheee! Anyhoo, the wedding will take place sometime before the new >fall season of Must see tv. We'll live with Mike's mom. >So, be there! Well, congratulations! I'll bring the Vanilla (1) Wafers and Hot Pockets! Wait, is this going to be a formal affair, or more sneaking-around/ adultry-style? (1) Does anyone else think this footnote idea is the greatest thing since sliced bread? Dave Simpson LotharCo But in a way, aren't we *ALL* sick of this quote? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33B064F2.46CC@usa.net> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:23:14 -0700 From: Nathan Turner I Organization: the Asylum Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: J&J's Musical Preferences susan lyon wrote: > "when you lie that your life's unappealing all the time"... Dang! I just realized that I've always been singing "When you lie, let your lies sound appealing all the time" Just when I thought I knew it all. -- "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." --A. Whitney Brown ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:43:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970624204338_-627540778@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: my catchup to mail.. tmbg Hey all! Many little things- About screensavers-- to all you lucky macusers, theres this 3-d cube screen saver that you can attatch different pictures to each side. tremendous TMBG potential here.] Things I learn while working at AAA Travel-- One thing I do is stamp construction and leaf through brouchures in my spare time... I found out that theres a pass in colorado called Rabbit Ears Pass. Also, there's a countryclub/ resort in Ireland called Kildare's. thanks all, my time is really short, so take heart! I will reply!! Heather ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 21:06:09 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970624210512_1722090109@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. As someone who came aboard TMBG-fandom late (1995), it surprises and irks me when They are dismissed as has-beens, as this review strongly implies. Perhaps this is mainly because they never really got what they deserved in the first place. "Don't Let's Start," "Ana Ng," and "Birdhouse" were all quite successful singles, but not the classic-instantly-recognized-by-everyone hits they deserved to be. My first TMBG cd was John Henry, and it hooked me _instantly_, so I don't think they've lost that fresh, experimental, insidiously catchy, sometimes frustratingly hard-to-define quality they started with, and I still think they both have a lot to accomplish as TMBG. What I do think has slipped is their (or maybe the record company's) ability to pick the best singles from the album. "Snail Shell" and "SEXXY" are both fine songs, but hardly the best on their respective albums, and "Snail Shell" in particular sounds like they were trying a bit to hard to tap into the "popular" alternative market, and we all know they're better than that. Overall, I'd say they've done a wonderful job of sticking to their true alternative power-pop roots without becoming the least bit tired or outdated. Kay ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 21:19:44 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970624211923_442246644@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: No Subject >THE REFRESHMENTS ... I've only heard one song of Unless I'm mixing them up with another band, they do the theme to that kick-ass show "King of the Hill", right? > >MOXY FRUVOUS ... One day I was looking through a Yeah! I'm seeing them thursday! Whooo! :D >BARE NAKED LADIES ... I never heard them but I >often see them praised here and on the >newsgroup. By their name, I would have assumed >that they were some sort of hill-billy jug band >but if you guys say they're good I'll give them >a try. HIll Billy Jug Band, LOL! I should think not! ;D They are very tuneful and talented, and somewhat of an acquired taste. Usually, seeing them live is an instant conversion to fandom. (worked for me!) >BEN FOLDS FIVE I am in love with this band. >Personally, my favorite band after >TMBG is Geggy Tah I won their [latest] cd from the radio, hee hee, s'good! >AnyoneKnowWhatTheHellHappenedToMySpacebar ..Ah the sequel to 'Space Suit', on the upcoming _Matt's Life Savings_ disc I tell ya.. > who have just released their debut CD >"Fantastic Spikes Through Balloon" on Capitol >Records. Go buy it now!!! =) I won this cd too (actually this is not how I pass my time believe it or not ). I think it has to grow on me..... But some of the songs are kinda neat. :) > >Cookie here! Just wanted to gloat that Mike >Leffel and I are engaged! It's deja vu all over again. Fist Linnell, then Leffel. ::sigh:: Well Celestia and I will.. whoops nevermind .;) suddenly sarah the single girl linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19970624211944.007e6c30@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 21:19:44 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. Kaylum@aol.com wrote: ((about picking the "best" song for a single)) I don't think bands should pick the best song for a single. Why? Often I will buy a CD based on one song I hear on the radio. More often than I'd like, the rest of the album pales in comparasin with the one song. Of course... this would not happen with TMBG; all their "bad" songs get stuck on DAS (along with some good ones) Also, I constantly hear about how Ana Ng made a big impact on MTV, was topping the indie charts and whatnot. Can someone explain what really happened to me (and all others who can into TMBG fandom later than Lincoln) Thanks Evan "I just ordered WDTSS? and O Tannenbaum 7" and I don't even have a turntable!" Chakroff ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970625014758.8513.rocketmail@send2.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:47:58 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: Re: TMBG: Then review in the NY Press. ---Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > >then I'm > > of the opinion that blind adoration is a bad thing As am I. Try being Them. No wonder they're freaked. (Before you flame my butt, I'm not saying our adoration is wrong. They're shy. They have that perspective for a reason, I'm sure.) > > and that even > > self-proclaimed 'rabid fans' can still keep some perspective. I totally agree with that. That desc. so applies to me. Sure, i traveled 6 hours to see them in Kansas (Like they're ever gonna come to OKlahoma). But I don't care to find out where they live or anything. > but that review is just ridiculous. In our eyes, yes. It is. Then again, I have yet to figure out the fuss over NIN. > This review was most likely by someone who was never a TMBG fan, > and doesn't understand what everyone likes about "that Birdhouse >song." I agree wholeheartedly. That's what I thought when I read it, too. > that they did actually bring in Tony Millionaire to do some new artwork > - only then for the reviewer to insult it. That was pointless. > Factory Showroom a self-tribute? Hardly. Alienated its loyal > following? Not quite. Um...in all honesty, you should have heard my reaction upon getting home, ripping it open, spinning it, and hearing SEXXY. I was in shock. It sounded like dance hit garbage to me. (Please don't flame me- once I understood how parody-loaded it was, I LOVED SEXXY. And the rest of FS.) > I think the reviewer is on crack... lots of it. OK, there was a time when I could have said, "What a buttmunch. He is on crack." However, I've reviewed records before and I've not liked a few myself. I've been a non-fan. The guy is really stating his opiniion. (He should have taken a more professional attitude, but oh well.) He's done it before, I'm sure. Off my soapbox, Cookie _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:19:32 -0700 Subject: TMBG: 32 Footsteps Message-ID: <19970624.201933.11750.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I have a question. Did anyone else notice that in the bridge in 32 Footsteps, he goes alphabetacally (skipping vowels)? He says Bing Bang Bing along ...blah blah blah ... Ping Pang Ping along Pay. Thoughts? Josh Nielsen No, I don't have any. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-175 ******************************