Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-188 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 188 Tuesday, 8 July 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Brian, Cub GA, Yazbek, JH legnth Re: TMBG: List Survey Re: TMBG: List Survey TMBG: Cub Re: TMBG: Cub TMBG: re:List Survey TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-187 Re: TMBG: re:List Survey TMBG: Boston Re: TMBG: John Henry TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-187 TMBG: re:List Survey TMBG: TMBG.com TMBG: Video Bootleg 2.5 TMBG: ruminations TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing TMBG: Poughkeepsie anyone? TMBG: Re: Why I Like John Linnell So Much TMBG: Hotel Detective TMBG: Hotel Detective Re: TMBG: Re: Why I Like John Linnell So Much Re: TMBG: List Survey Re: TMBG: List Survey Re: TMBG: Re: Why I Like John Linnell So Much Re: TMBG: TMBG Fan Chart TMBG: OOPS!!!! TMBG: THEY & MST3K again TMBG: The Denominator's Little Bootleg Empire TMBG:Tryptophane TMBG: Is it Mars or is it TMBG TMBG: re: list survey Re: TMBG: List Survey Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 02:40:30 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707024029_1278609182@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Brian, Cub GA, Yazbek, JH legnth Hello 41- I don't recall the last time I posted, but some things will be said. Brian- According to Grahm, Brian kinda got worn out after touring with TMBG for so long. I belive Flans said there were no hard feelings, and they are friends. Cub GA- I am aware Cub is from Canada and not Georgia, but now that they've broken up, was the last Cub show the one at the Roxy in Atlanta opening up for TMBG, or were there others I missed? Yazbek and other TMBG related bands- Well, I want to say that I don't think much of Yazbek. I have heard several of his songs, and I didn't find them very musicall interesting or lyrically catching. On the other hand, I do like the music of The Bobs. I have seen them a few times, and each time they really put a smile on my face. Their jazzy form of a capella music is very entertaining and fun to listen to. Every time I've seen them, they did Particle Man, and I have heard several good versions of Purple Haze as well as a lot of their original tunes. I video taped their show in the begining of April, I think, in Tampa, and would be willing to trade for various things if anybody is interested. JH Legnth- I really don't think that this album was too long. I belive that CD and forms after will begin to set new standards for album legnth. JH was an hour, which was good, but I enjoy albums packed with songs, such as Then, or a greatest hits album, where you can fit more on. Adam Rubens~ NitpickR@aol.com * adr49289@pegasus.edu.cc.ucf You ask so many questions, what answers should I choose? Is this schizoid paranoia or just exestensial blues? -T Bone Currently in the CD Changer- I forgot, it's in Florida. <([8^) ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 03:31:07 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707033105_847383550@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey In a message dated 97-07-06 23:14:30 EDT, you write: << << While I realize that the list has downsized for the summer, I'm generally curious to know what the average ages are of the TMBG "listies". It seems like the "Giant Friends" I meet online are usually mid-to-late teens and early twenties. >> I guess I'm the baby/annoying little nephew. I'm 15. Yes! Please don't hate me because I have peach fuzz. I've been in love with TMBG since I saw Them on Letterman when I was 8. And as far as I'm concerned, nobody can outrock They Might Be Giants. Okaay, I'll stop kissing up now. Le Poopee (Mr. Me, or a reasonable facsimile at least) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:07:06 -0400 (EDT) From: squeak! Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey Message-ID: Well, I'm 18 and have been a fan of TMBG since about... hm. 1989? 1990? Somehow, middle school is all a blur. Jen :9 'Incense, peppermints, a big can of Spam....' --Space Ghost 'The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.' --Douglas Adams ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852564CD.0049870D.00@notes830.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:32:54 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Cub In response to the recent Cub postings about NYC. At the 11/8/96 Roseland show I was standing near the stage just after Cub had finished and right before TMBG came out. One of the girls from Cub (I believe it was the drummer) stood right in front of us taking video. I asked her whether J&J had asked permission to cover their song and she said "No". They didn't know TMBG had recorded the song until they heard it on the radio. I pointed out the obvious, that it must have been really something to hear a song you wrote on the radio being covered by someone else and she said "Yes, it was". I'm paraphrasing her answers because I can't remember her exact words. She was very nice. I was sorry to hear that Cub have broken up. They really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Erik Chuss Still bumming that I never heard the TMBG Coke commercial. :(/96 ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 10:50:56 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Cub Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Jul-97 TMBG: Cub by echuss@notes.cc.bellcore > drummer) stood right in front of us taking video. I asked her whether J&J > had asked permission to cover their song and she said "No". They didn't > know TMBG had recorded the song until they heard it on the radio. I pointed TMBG didn't ask permission, but Mono Puff did. once Flansburgh got permission, I guess he just transferred it to TMBG... ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: re:List Survey Message-ID: <19970707.110142.10022.0.yoda89@juno.com> From: yoda89@juno.com (James C Stiffey) Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 10:57:31 EDT Well, I'll help the age poll and say I am 17, and a high school grad...been listening to TMBG since Lincoln...guess that was somewhere in late 1988...I just realized how young I was when I started TMBG, guess that explains alot :)...May The Force Be With You ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:07:29 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707110727_981937422@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-187 >- Life is For Squirrels (unknown song to me, >from Walt Kelly's Pogo's Songbook) It's called "Lines Upon a Tranquil Brow." gee, what a complete message, eh? (btw, Jordan (the girl ), that email I sent to the list about the TMBG songs, was supposed to go to you, not the list.. oops. :}) sarah:) http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:34:18 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707113240_-727025249@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: re:List Survey Guess I'm one of the "senior" members of the list at the tender age of 32! I've only been a fan since 1995, tho--John Henry was my first, and I wasted little time in catching up. I am now the proud owner of all the albums and eps, some boots, videos, a veteran of 5 shows, and hungry for more! Kay ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9707071544.AA09218@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Boston Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:44:24 -0400 (EDT) Hello, I was wondering if anyone from Boston could please e-mail me as I have a few questions. Any Bostonites? Thank you, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 12:14:17 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707121348_-124912273@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: John Henry << Now, I don't really know whether to be insulted by the un-Theyness of this, or to be complimented. This almost seems a mockery of They. "Two guys dicking around the drum machine and accordian?!" "Corniest piece of bullshit I had ever heard?!" "...huge eyesore of Unrelated Thing?!" Corny, accordian, Unrelated Thing... those are some of the ESSANCES of TMBG. If this isn't accepted, this guy can go listen to Marylin Manson. >> Un-Theyness? -Accepted-? Hey, back up the donut wagon a minute there! Are you sure about this? I refuse to believe that everybody likes tmbg for the same reasons, nor should they. What would we list people do, for God's sake, sit around agreeing with each other? How crappy would that be? moose stompbox, speak my thought. ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707071623.JAA19214@mailtod-112.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:23:33 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-187 How come, at TMBG.com, when I go to the master thing (with lyrics, interpretations, MIDIs etc.) it says "this page is to big to be shown completely" at the bottom? I don't know how to get this in it's entirety. Help!!! ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 12:41:42 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707124140_1311420838@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: re:List Survey I'm 18, a college freshman, and I've been a TMBG fan since '91 when the Tiny Toons show came out. ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707071650.JAA20204@mailtod-112.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:50:25 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG.com I believe I wrote a message saying TMBG.COM in it somewhere( it was about the master song index).I meant the unofficial TMBG page.Sorry ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970707115621.006e235c@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 12:07:24 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Video Bootleg 2.5 >- Life is For Squirrels (unknown song to me, from Walt Kelly's Pogo's Songbook) Called "Lines On A Tranquil Brow." It's on Stumpbox. And it's wonderful. :) >While I realize that the list has downsized for the summer, I'm generally >curious to know what the average ages are of the TMBG "listies". It seems >like the "Giant Friends" I meet online are usually mid-to-late teens and >early twenties. That seems about right, although it seems to me that the average age is declining. (Note to offended people--this is simply an observation.) Bill Tatlovich (sp?) has an excellent survey page up that answers that question, though I don't have the URL handy... Bill? You around? (I'm 19, BTW) >Now, I don't really know whether to be insulted by the un-Theyness of this, or to be >complimented. This almost seems a mockery of They. >"Two guys dicking around the drum machine and accordian?!" >"Corniest piece of bullshit I had ever heard?!" >"...huge eyesore of Unrelated Thing?!" I don't think this guy is mocking Them, Vlad. My first reaction upon hearing TMBG was "What *IS* this ?!" My second reaction was "This is HILARIOUS!" My third was "Oh my god, I *LOVE* this band!" We're talking about a band that will cheerfully sing 50's educational songs, little song fragments, a song about a nightlight, another about a bunch of palindromes, and a third about a guy reincarnated as a bag of groceries. You can't help but be thrown a bit off by all that raw weirdness. :) --nicole the wonder nerd is the heaven below *** "Here's hoping you don't become a robot! Bang bang clang clang... whoops, too late."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 7 Jul 97 15:19 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: ruminations My first reaction upon >hearing TMBG was "What *IS* this ?!" My second reaction >was "This is HILARIOUS!" My third was "Oh my god, I *LOVE* this band!" I think that pretty much sums up my reaction as well. :) It took me about a week of listening to Flood before it really dawned on me that this was a *real* band and "Particle Man" and "Istanbul" really weren't representative of their talents. Oh, another thing I wanted to share with y'all: I turned my most excellent pen pal Jes onto TMBG about six months ago, and we were recently discussing "Ana Ng." She declared that "I don't want the world, I just want your half" was the most romantic thing she'd ever heard. I was surprised, because I'd never thought of it romantically before. She thought of it as "I don't want the world, I just want to be where you are." I'd always thought of it as, "I don't want everything, I just want what's yours." Her outlook made me feel cynical. ;) So what do you guys think? Kirsten (who, BTW, is 17 and has been a fan of TMBG since about '93) -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C16B31.CBDAFD24@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 15:18:25 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing With all the recent JH discussion, many people have voiced their opinions about how much they don't like unrelated thing. And, I have noticed that people tend to agree that the lyrics are good, and that is the saving grace of this song. I contest that this song needs no saving grace. What's wrong with it? It may have guitar twang, but somehow, I think the twang is wrapped up with the destiny of this song and it needs to be there (or something). Now the real song off John Henry that has to have something to redeem it- Dirtbike. Now *THATS* the song I zoom on past. That and the World's Address remix. That's it. I like Unrelated thing. True, the best part is the lyrics, but there's nothing wrong with it. Of course, this whole post is IMHO. Note: In netscape communicator, Dirtbike doesnt go through. Nor does the word remix. Or IMHO. Aboriginically- Kevin McGuire <---------- Who just happens to be 17 years old -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=====-==-==-=-====-==-=-====-==-=-===-=-==-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 7 Jul 97 15:52 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing >Now the real song off John Henry that has to have something to redeem >it- Dirtbike. Now *THATS* the song I zoom on past. "Dirtbike" is an absolutely gorgeous song, IMHO. Not only does it have great horns (something I love in any song), but I think it's some of Flans' best singing to date. The way he sings quietly, but with so much control.. It always sounds to me like he's about to burst out, like he's barely holding his emotions in check. Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:18:46 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707161820_646264978@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing <<>> Well, for me anyway, it's not that I dislike the song or zoom past it when I listen to John Henry. It's just the song I like the least. I agree that the lyrics are great, and actually, the song is not bad at all, it's just not one of my favorites. I like it, but not as much as other songs by TMBG. My apologies if this confuses you more than it has confused me. Le Poopee (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:49:24 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707164915_-924519765@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Poughkeepsie anyone? The absent but still extant Mr. Horrible tells me that some web site, Ticketbastard I think, claims that They are playing a show in Poughkeepsie this coming New Year's Eve. So. More tour dates are no doubt in the offing. Wooha. fire alarms go off in your head, you live in the nightgown of the sullen moose ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:22:52 -0400 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <33C15E2C.9BB@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Re: Why I Like John Linnell So Much The Almighty Cookie wrote: > Listies- > Hi all. Cookie here doing a little public service. > I just got back from TMBG Musings (www.tmbg.org/wwwboard - it's a gas, > try it sometime) where Linnell Groupies abound. I'm hardly a Groupie, > but I cannot help but love the man. Here are my reasons (and surely > the reasons of others.) > Add to this list if you like. May I? Ok... The way he can look like an entirely different person from picture to picture. He goes from artist to angsty teen to innocent teen to happy nerd to psycotic maniac to glaring demon... But truly, this isn't fair unless we list reasons why we like FLANS, too (hey people, none of that. He's half the band, too) I'll start -The way he dosn't always brush off fans who try to talk to him -His smile... one of the warmest I've ever seen -He looks huggable ... if you tried to hug Linnell you'd probably hurt yourself on all those bones -He's not afraid to try new things -He really tries to give the audience a good show, and dosn't just stand in one place the whole performance Anyone else want to add? -Mismi ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:33:54 -0400 (EDT) From: Robert Mootrey u Subject: TMBG: Hotel Detective Message-ID: I heard a song called "We're An American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad yesterday, and I heard the words 'hotel detective'! Does anyone know this song? Has anyone heard those two word s together anywhere but in (SWA)HD and SWAHD? Were Grand Funk Railroad big TMBG fans? :) -Sean Mootrey. ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9707072156.AA09563@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Hotel Detective Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:56:14 -0400 (EDT) > I heard a song called "We're An American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad > yesterday, and I heard the words 'hotel detective'! > Does anyone know this song? Has anyone heard those two word s together > anywhere but in (SWA)HD and SWAHD? > > Were Grand Funk Railroad big TMBG fans? :) hehe maybe they're big fans, but I'm pretty sure that _We're An American Band_ was written way before the self-titled album came out. I've been hearing that song for ages, it probably was written in the '70s. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970707221035.4052.rocketmail@send1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:10:35 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Why I Like John Linnell So Much > But truly, this isn't fair unless we list reasons why we like FLANS, too So very true. Looks like Mismi beat me to the punch. <--snippage---> > Anyone else want to add? Sure. 1. He's cute, too. The weight thing does not bother me a bit. 2. He's quite personable. 3. He's funny. 4. He acts young. 5. He's devoted to his work. 6. He's educated. 7. With a voice like that, he could do radio. 8. He taught himself to play that guitar. He does a credible job. 9. His songs are the ones I can enjoy without trying to figure out what they mean first. 10. His smile lights up his whole face. (Sorry, but when Linnell smiles he looks...er...odd. Maybe some corrective dental work?) Lovely smile. 11. He wears the coolest t-shirts. 12. He's not self-conscious about his glasses. (Unlike some ppl I could name...) 13. he's creative. 14. He's enterprising. And I could go on and on. > -Mismi Cookie _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C16EFE.7ADD@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 15:34:38 -0700 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey > I guess I'm the baby/annoying little nephew. I'm 15. Yes! Please don't > hate me because I have peach fuzz. I've been in love with TMBG since I saw > Them on Letterman when I was 8. And as far as I'm concerned, nobody can > outrock They Might Be Giants. Okaay, I'll stop kissing up now. Nope. I'm 14, will be 15 in December... so now I'm the youngest. Can anyone top that? -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "So the winds swept the Whirlpool across the sky..." -Meat Puppets, Whirlpool "NO! Not the red button!!" -Fester Shinetop ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:48:47 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey Message-ID: On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Vladimir Drakul wrote: > Nope. I'm 14, will be 15 in December... so now I'm the youngest. Can anyone top that? I know I've been saying that I'm 22, but I'm actually only 2 1/2. That's why I like to communicate by email...no one can see that you're wearing diapers. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, Washington State Listies, They Might be Food, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C1722C.3A03@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 15:48:12 -0700 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Why I Like John Linnell So Much Mismirilda wrote: > > The Almighty Cookie wrote: > > Listies- > > Hi all. Cookie here doing a little public service. > > I just got back from TMBG Musings (www.tmbg.org/wwwboard - it's a gas, > > try it sometime) where Linnell Groupies abound. I'm hardly a Groupie, > > but I cannot help but love the man. Here are my reasons (and surely > > the reasons of others.) > > Add to this list if you like. > > May I? Ok... > The way he can look like an entirely different person from picture to picture. He goes > from artist to angsty teen to innocent teen to happy nerd to psycotic maniac to glaring > demon... > > But truly, this isn't fair unless we list reasons why we like FLANS, too > (hey people, none of that. He's half the band, too) I'll start > > -The way he dosn't always brush off fans who try to talk to him > -His smile... one of the warmest I've ever seen > -He looks huggable ... if you tried to hug Linnell you'd probably hurt yourself on all > those bones > -He's not afraid to try new things > -He really tries to give the audience a good show, and dosn't just stand in one place > the whole performance He's left-handed (like me) He's a vampire (also like me) He knows how to make some kickass flapjacks (not like me) -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "So the winds swept the Whirlpool across the sky..." -Meat Puppets, Whirlpool "NO! Not the red button!!" -Fester Shinetop ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.16.19970707175554.46674994@popmail.dircon.co.uk> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:55:54 From: Joe Keith Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Fan Chart What a cool idea! Kudos dude! I'm sure that there's many of us on this here list that have written others on this list and sat back and wondered what the hell the *ahem* "writee" looks like - I know I certainly have! So - I'm a visual kinda guy - sue me! Hey - if there's any UK folk who want to get their pic up on this page, but haven't got access to a scanner; Mail me cuz I have, and I'd be happy to scan your pic. Mind - I'd only be a hand job though! Joe On 5 Jul 1997 11:39:47 -0400 (EDT), EmpireJoe@aol.com wrote: > I am making a TMBG fan chart on my web page and I would like you, if you >can >to send me your picture. All picture will be posted in the page with your >e-mail address below. No real names will be used. This is in hopes to >connect TMBG fans from across the country/world. -- "Son, you're gonna go blind If you keep fucking me with your mind" - Today's Bargain -- Radish ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.16.19970707191653.3d872982@popmail.dircon.co.uk> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 19:16:53 From: Joe Keith Subject: TMBG: OOPS!!!! OOPS!!!! *blush* What I meant to say was that I've only got a hand scanner *blush* Thanks to all those who pointed out my bad choice of grammar. Joe ------------------------------ From: SOLFLARE1@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 20:10:56 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707201055_-1642456572@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: THEY & MST3K again Hey. I remember a few weeks ago, there was that arguement about They Might Be Giants having some kind of a connection to MST3K. Well, in case no one did this already, I wrote to them and got the reply: "There is no connection, that I'm aware of. Barbbb" Yeah, short and sweet, but that's what I got. "I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical . . . " - THEY, Michael J. Nelson, oh yeah and that Alen Ginsberg guy too. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 20:21:05 -0400 Message-Id: <199707080021.UAA24117@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: The Denominator's Little Bootleg Empire Hi All, Just letting you know that I have updated my bootleg page with setlists for all the TMBG stuff I have. I'll trade for other TMBG stuff, as well as any Bosstones, No Doubt, Beastie Boys, Luscious Jackson, Primus, Cub, or Violent Femmes shows. Check it out at: http://centum.utulsa.edu/~MAXWELLKD/www/boot.html Kris ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 18:46:25 -0700 Subject: TMBG:Tryptophane Message-ID: <19970707.184636.15158.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) Happy Day!!! I finally got Tryptophane on my web page!! If you want it I'm at : http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/index.html Happy Happy Day! Josh Nielsen ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 23:03:37 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970707230336_-1762551318@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Is it Mars or is it TMBG For about 4 months now I've had a web site devoted to "They Might Be Giants". In that 4 months I've had 363 visitors see it. So I heard that NASA claimed that they've had 100 million hits on their site since the big Mars landing. So I quickly changed my site's name to "NASA: Updated Photos of the Mars Landing" and I sent it in to the search engine "Infoseek." So just now I went to see how my site was doing and the visitor number is now 594!!!!!! I've gone from 363 to 594 in a little less than 6 hours. WOW!!!! It worked!!!! By the way, I'm happy = ) TmbgManiac (the doorman) http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/7824 ------------------------------ From: Sloane42@aol.com Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 00:13:20 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970708001318_538651192@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: re: list survey i'm lindsay. i am 19-ish. have been a fan since my dad gave me lincoln as a birthday present. just joined the list. saw them in concert with the candy butchers a while ago. that's all. sorry if this is too short or pointless. lindsay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199707080423.XAA13518@dfw-ix6.ix.netcom.com> From: "Mike Bobbick" Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 00:21:35 -0700 ---------- > From: Vladimir Drakul > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey > Date: Monday, July 07, 1997 3:34 PM > > > I guess I'm the baby/annoying little nephew. I'm 15. Yes! Please don't > > hate me because I have peach fuzz. I've been in love with TMBG since I saw > > Them on Letterman when I was 8. And as far as I'm concerned, nobody can > > outrock They Might Be Giants. Okaay, I'll stop kissing up now. > > Nope. I'm 14, will be 15 in December... so now I'm the youngest. Can anyone top that? > Yeah, in fact I can. 13, 14 in Sept. Anyway, I wouldn't just write that unless I had something better to add. Bleh, here goes..... I don't have time to go around checkin the web site everytime TMBG goes on tour. Is there any mailing list or something that will alert me of the places they visit, whenever they go on tour? Mike mikeman4@ix.netcom.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-188 ******************************