Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-189 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 189 Wednesday, 9 July 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Integrity Project TMBG: This just in! Viva Variety... TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial TMBG: The World's Address Meaning TMBG: pics TMBG: Re: tmbg-that list survy......survey Re: TMBG: Integrity Project TMBG: Viva Variety - tonight - watch it Re: TMBG: List Survey Re: TMBG: List Survey TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial Re: TMBG: List Survey Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] TMBG: THEY & MST3K again Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] non-TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] Re: non-TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial TMBG: Positioning System Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] Re: TMBG: The World's Address Meaning Re: TMBG: Positioning System TMBG: Download "Human Sacrifice"! TMBG: Unrelated Thing, Hotel Detectives, and Ages of Me. Re: TMBG: Unrelated Thing, Hotel Detectives, and Ages of Me. Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] TMBG: Re: list survey TMBG: Flyers Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] Re: TMBG: John Henry Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 02:29:27 -0400 Message-Id: <2.2.16.19970708000943.24cf57fa@mail.one.net> From: Chris Combs Subject: TMBG: Integrity Project So I have this song "Integrity Project" just sitting here doing nothing (well, not anymore...now it's on my answering machine, because I can't reach DAS from here)...but anyway, I have no idea where it came from. Where does "Integrity Project" come from, and where can I get a cleaner copy of it? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:45:14 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970708114513_324118799@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: This just in! Viva Variety... so I'm watching Comedy Central as I type this, and I'm so bored my face is about to fall off, until I see an -extreme- close-up of John Linnell, at which point my jaw drops through the floor. The upshot of this is that they are rerunning That Episode at 10 tonight. apparently they sympathize with those of us who missed it the first time and are in acute Giants eye-feast withdrawal. =) happymoose. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:33:42 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial Message-ID: <19970708.103918.12246.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Well, all i have to say is COCA-COLA SUCKS!!! LET US ALL BUY PEPSI PRODUCTS FROM NOW ON!!! =) Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company about obtaining a copy of the radio commercial by "They Might Be Giants." We appreciate your interest in our advertising program. We wish we could assist you, but due to contractual agreements with the various advertising agencies, production companies, and the musicians involved, we are unable to provide copies of our advertisements. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Jennifer Mathis Labant The Coca-Cola Company Industry and Consumer Affairs "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9707081754.AA10129@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: The World's Address Meaning Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:54:01 -0400 (EDT) > I know this is probably old news, but I just figured it out: > > The World's Address -> The World's A Dress!!! ("a place that's worn . . .", > "a sad pun . . .", "under every garment . . . . ") > > Please let me know if this was brought up before, but for everyone who didn't > know it, THE WORLD'S A DRESS! But why is the world a dress? What does that mean? Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9707081806.AA10146@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: pics Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:06:11 -0400 (EDT) I think everyone should send in their pics and info. to tmbgmaniac@aol.com, it's fairly common for list family/irc families these days and it's cool. To Mr. tmbgmaniac, can there be 2 listies in 1 pic or seperate? Thank you, service message #15232 -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707081819.LAA20763@mailtod-112.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:19:50 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-that list survy......survey I am turned 13 in June, if we're competing for youngest. Actually,my little brother who is 6 loves TMBG, but I LOVE TMBG. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:50:43 -0500 (CDT) From: Little Woman From Another Place <00083933@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Integrity Project Message-ID: On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Chris Combs wrote: > Where does "Integrity Project" come from, and where can I get a cleaner > copy of it? If we're talking about the same thing, it's included on the promo for A18, which is on Vol. 2 of the Video Bootleg. =) Kylee * -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kylee Dickey 00083933@bigred.unl.edu | "Life's like a movie: Write your http://members.tripod.com/~ShortOne | own ending. Keep believing, keep she.is.actual.size@tmbg.org | pretending." --Kermit the Frog * -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C29278.4944@erols.com> Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 15:19:53 -0400 From: Laurie Selmer Organization: Selmer Household Subject: TMBG: Viva Variety - tonight - watch it I haven't been keeping up on the list very well recently, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but They will be on Viva Variety tonight (Tuesday) at 10:00 on Comedy Central. I just wanted to make sure that everyone who would be interested knew. Tracy ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey Message-ID: <19970708.152256.4527.0.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 15:31:19 EDT On Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:48:47 -0700 (PDT) "'Lani' N Olson" writes: >On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Vladimir Drakul wrote: > >> Nope. I'm 14, will be 15 in December... so now I'm the youngest. >Can anyone top that? > >I know I've been saying that I'm 22, but I'm actually only 2 1/2. >That's >why I like to communicate by email...no one can see that you're >wearing >diapers. > >Oh Yeah? I can top that I'm acually an amazingly skilled 14-month old canary! I would challenge someone to top that here but I'd be very afraid.... Justin McElroy "The words I'm (writing) now mean nothing more than meow to an animal" > > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:08:06 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey Message-ID: On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Justin T McElroy wrote: > >Oh Yeah? I can top that I'm acually an amazingly skilled 14-month old > canary! > I would challenge someone to top that here but I'd be very afraid.... ACTUALLY, I'm scheduled to be born next week. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, Washington State Listies, They Might be Food, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 16:21:40 -0400 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <33C2A154.792E@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial I have no Name wrote: > > Well, > all i have to say is COCA-COLA SUCKS!!! LET US ALL BUY PEPSI PRODUCTS > FROM NOW ON!!! =) Oh no. Pepsi does ads with the Spice Girls. Which is the lesser of the two evils? Coke, all the way :) -Mismi ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:20:42 -0700 (PDT) From: Robert Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: List Survey Message-ID: On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Justin T McElroy quoted: > > > >I know I've been saying that I'm 22, but I'm actually only 2 1/2. > >That's > >why I like to communicate by email...no one can see that you're > >wearing > >diapers. > > > >Oh Yeah? I can top that I'm acually an amazingly skilled 14-month old > canary! > I would challenge someone to top that here but I'd be very afraid.... When I was only a zygote, I still remember the time.... [It was somewhat dis-concert-ing to discover that I'm the oldest person to have answered Bill's survey...] Bob Gonsalves, Pink Noise Studios http://www.pinknoiz.com/pinknoiz/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C2CB52.36D65D59@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 16:20:50 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] > "Dirtbike" is an absolutely gorgeous song, IMHO. Not only does it > have great horns (something I love in any song) Yeah, well, JH has horns in about every song, I prefer to fufill my horn quota with a song that doesnt make me want to smash out the tape player (in the car) or the cd tray (at home.) Like "A Self Called Nowhere" or "No One Knows My Plan." > but I think it's some of > Flans' best singing to date. The way he sings quietly, but with so much > control.. It always sounds to me like he's about to burst out, like he's > barely holding his emotions in check. > Uhh... yeah... whatever. Sounds to me that he could really care less and was just singing this sedate song to balance out the more uptempo songs surrounding it on the LP. Or maybe he lost a bet... Anyway, I listened to "DirtBike" today with all of this in mind and it merely confirmed my dislike of this song. Whatever- Kevin "Dirtbike sucks" McGuire -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=====-==-==-=-====-==-=-====-==-=-===-=-==-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:40:25 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970708163854_26281370@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: THEY & MST3K again >Hey. I remember a few weeks ago, there was that arguement about They >Might Be Giants having some kind of a connection to MST3K. Well, in case no >one did this already, I wrote to them and got the reply: >"There is no connection, that I'm aware of. Barbbb" my thought on this: if veiled tmbg references crop up on the show, most likely, it's just that one or two of the writers is into Them. according to a making-of-mst show I saw once, the way they come up with the scripts is by sitting around watching the movies, just kind of saying whatever amusing things and pop culture references pop into their heads, and cut out the lame ones. there is also, beyond a doubt, an odd sort of similarity in the personalities of mst fans and tmbg fans. pure coincidence, I say. moose. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C2A988.7C44@mail.sdsu.edu> Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 13:56:40 -0700 From: Jordan David Maynard Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] Kevin McGuire qouted someone as saying: > > > "Dirtbike" is an absolutely gorgeous song, IMHO. Not only does it > > have great horns (something I love in any song) i have to agree with the quotee (or is it quoter? is the quoter the one who quotes someone else, or the one who actaully stated the quote in the first place?) Anyways, i agree with kirsten, i think it was.... Dirtbike is great... specifically i think it carries alot of the same groove quality that is found in a later, also much debated song, pet name. oh - and so as not to seem to agreeable i should mention that i completely disagee with, umm, nicoles ( i think ) assesment that "'a self called nowhere' shoulda been a minute shorter" (pardon my paraphasing)... i think that one of the highlights of that song, and maybe even JH as a whole, is the long instrumental section of 'a self called nowhere' especially the effect where the crashing cymbals travel from left to right speakers and back again, it kinda makes me dizzy and i kinda like that. -jdm (who doesn't think enough of himself to warrant a capital "I") ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 8 Jul 97 18:13 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: non-TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial >Oh no. Pepsi does ads with the Spice Girls. Which is the lesser of the two evils? >Coke, all the way :) Gah! I was literally almost in tears today when I read that the Spice Girls are the first all-girl group to reach no. 1 with their debut single. Am I the only one profoundly dismayed by this? Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <8nkgDAa00WB=0KU2w0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 18:48:44 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 8-Jul-97 Re: TMBG: Unrelated post ab.. by Kevin McGuire@remcen.ehh > Yeah, well, JH has horns in about every song, I prefer to fufill my horn > quota with a song that doesnt make me want to smash out the tape player actually, it's about 50/50. Subliminal, Snail Shell, Unrelated Thing, NyQuil Driver, I Should Be Allowed to Think (album version, at least), Why Must I Be Sad, O, Do Not Forsake Me, Destination Moon, Meet James Ensor, Window, Out of Jail, and the End of the Tour are all hornless. That's actually 12 songs, more than 50%. (but ...Think has horns in concert) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C2F09C.E50605D1@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 18:59:56 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Re: copy of the coke commercial > Gah! I was literally almost in tears today when I read that the > Spice Girls are the first all-girl group to reach no. 1 with their debut > single. Am I the only one profoundly dismayed by this? > It doesnt matter, the spice girls will fade away into nothingness in about 3 months. Perhaps sooner, perhaps later but they will fade away and I will be happy. Kev -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=====-==-==-=-====-==-=-====-==-=-===-=-==-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 20:46:31 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970708204442_-527425376@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Positioning System Hey, the Giants Positioning System at TMBG.COM changed again. Its back to them eating in a diner ; a picture they had for only one day which few saw. Its pretty cool, Linnell is stuffing his face :) While im posting, i might as well say that i LOVE John Henry. Unrelated Thing is an OK song, but i dont think its bad. I think every song on John Henry is great. No One Knows My Plan always makes me feel good and energetic for some reason, it has this power. Might be my fav tmbg song. I love Dirtbike too. Jordan PS-To Jim Stein, i dont appreciate you lying to my friends, insulting me in front of the list and calling me "immature" with absolutly no basis for your statement. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 8 Jul 97 21:20 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] >Dirtbike is great... specifically i think it carries alot of the same >groove quality that is found in a later, also much debated song, pet >name. I like "Pet Name," too.. Maybe I'm just weird. ;) I wasn't wowed by it at first, but it's such a, I dunno, *smmmooooth* sounding song. It just sort of grows on you. Love that baseline, and it's fun to sing along with, too. i think that one of the highlights of that song, and >maybe even JH as a whole, is the long instrumental section of 'a self >called nowhere' especially the effect where the crashing cymbals travel >from left to right speakers and back again, it kinda makes me dizzy and >i kinda like that. That whole chorus always makes me feel a little dizzy, like everything's swirling in a big circle. The song makes me think of strange dreams I've had. As a matter of fact, it was the soundtrack to a weird dream I had that involved a devil creature and a spiral staircase. :) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33C2EB92.5211@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 18:38:26 -0700 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: The World's Address Meaning > > Please let me know if this was brought up before, but for everyone who didn't > > know it, THE WORLD'S A DRESS! > > But why is the world a dress? What does that mean? Because They're They. Why do Pencils fall from the sky? Why is the world in love again? Why are we marching hand in hand? CAN I Hear You? How Can I Sing Like A Girl? WHY DID You Give Me A Pet Name? It's the reason we love Them. Yet another really cool unsolvable riddle. Funny... right now I'm listening to The World's Ad(d)ress. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "So the winds swept the Whirlpool across the sky..." -Meat Puppets, Whirlpool "NO! Not the red button!!" -Fester Shinetop ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This message will self-destruct in five seconds. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 21:51:41 -0400 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <33C2EEAD.54A3@ameritech.net> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: Positioning System Jordan1c@aol.com wrote: > > Hey, the Giants Positioning System at TMBG.COM changed again. Its back to > them eating in a diner ; a picture they had for only one day which few saw. > Its pretty cool, Linnell is stuffing his face :) > They also put "Wreck It Apart" on DAS online... there's also a option to e-mail your questions to TMBG(check the Q&A) and anagrams.(check the Big Steamy Thing). ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 22:01:05 -0400 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <33C2F0E1.161D@ameritech.net> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Download "Human Sacrifice"! http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/sounds.html has copies of "I Have Learnt The Value Of Human Sacrifice" "Foxy Doctor" and the studio version of "Certain People I Could Name" in both wav and MP3 format! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:01:43 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: Unrelated Thing, Hotel Detectives, and Ages of Me. Message-ID: Unrelated Thing: The reason that I dislike this song ever so much and skip it is that it... is... so... very... sloooooowwww and BORING! I'm sure the lyrics are just as profound as any other Linnellian effort, but I usually can't here them after the song itself has put me in a coma. Dirt Bike, on the other hand, is pure musical genius. From whence Pet Name, another Flansy favorite of mine, cameth Dirt Bike. The slow groove, the funky bass, the great, sing-a-long lyrics, it's gold! But it seems to be fairly unpopular. So does Stormy Pinkness. All of these songs make me feel like I should be in a room with dark wood panelling and shag carpet with a snifter of brandy and a disco ball... But maybe that's just me. Hotel Detectives: I would just love to know what this position entails and if it still exists. It just sounds so romantic. But to answer the question asked about it by someone, even before Grand Funk Railroad, came Ty Cobb. What does he have to do with this you ask? Well, I am reading a biography of him, and one of the more contraversial incidents in his early life (outside of that little incident in 1912) was that he beat the crap out of a black hotel detective (it was said he was motivated out of racial hatred. Ty wasn't a big fan of diversity, and that's why I mentioned the race.) They actually said he was a hotel investigator, but you know, whatever. Ages of Me: I'll be 21 in November, and have been a fan of TMBG since around Apollo 18's release. And since then, I have amassed an amazing amount of TMBG junk... Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html "I'm doing things I've never done. Have pity on me, I'm the lonely one." -Slag, "Motor City" ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 8 Jul 97 23:15 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Thing, Hotel Detectives, and Ages of Me. But it seems to be fairly >unpopular. So does Stormy Pinkness. I love Stormy Pinkness. I love the title, because it sounds so psychidellic (sp?); and I love the song, because it's so melancholy. I especially like the last line "Set me thanklessly.. free." All of these songs make me feel >like I should be in a room with dark wood panelling and shag carpet with >a snifter of brandy and a disco ball... But maybe that's just me. Hee hee... what a neat picture. :) "Pinkness" always makes me picture a guy on a stage, with just a microphone and a spotlight shining directly on him. Kind of a lounge singer type thing; maybe gold lame lapels on his jacket, and very straight teeth. "Dirtbike" and "Pet Name" remind me of some of the jazz my dad listens to; maybe that's why I like them so much. Dad likes both of those songs as well.. sometimes it's cool to have the same musical tastes as your father. :) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 9 Jul 97 00:01 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] >ummm...pet name is on Factory Show room. I know that, silly. :) Whoever it was whose post I quoted (sorry, I have a hard time keeping track) had metioned that "Dirtbike" reminded him of "Pet Name," another widely disliked song. I was simply expressing my love for that one, as well. Kirsten, love of downtrodden Flansburgh songs -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 20:57:12 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: list survey Message-ID: <19970708.211132.10342.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I'll be 18 in two months, and I've loved Them since I was 13. I got into Them when I was on a quest for Why Does The Sun Shine. Columbia House doesn't tell you what songs are on the album, so I ordered Flood. I loved Them ever since then. Josh Nielsen ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 14:16:10 +0700 From: petery7@ozemail.com.au (Peter Young) Subject: TMBG: Flyers Hey everyone! I have about 150 flyers from the Canberra (Australia) TMBG gig. I grabbed them from a record store the day after the gig. I was going to make TMBG wallpaper but I am about to move and have changed my mind. So if anyone collects miscellaneous TMBG stuff and would like them, please e-mail me! Pete. P.S. For all those in Sydney, my band, The Chips Are Ready will be introducing our new four piece lineup to the world at the Collector Tavern, Parramatta, on Thursday 17th July at 10pm. ************************************************************************ THE CHIPS ARE READY: Pete on drums & vox, Craig on guitar, Stu on bass, James on keyboards. Rocking into your town soon (providing its not too far away!)............ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 01:43:21 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970709014319_-1863019358@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated post about and unrelated thing [more like Dirtbike] <> <> <> Hmmm....you would make it seem that you dislike every "horny" song on the album. And do you actually have a "horn quota?" How many would that be? A couple of toots per song? Very negative... (but perhaps I'm just too defensive.) Oh well...everyone's got their own opinion, I guess... Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) ------------------------------ From: gcampbell@kspress.com (Matt Campbell) Subject: Re: TMBG: John Henry Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 00:48:33 -0600 Message-ID: <1343713183-96182683@mailhost.kspress.com> How can anybody say that John Henry is un-Theyness or a sellout. It is truly what they are all about. I mean come on look at their concerts. They brought back the conga line to the tune of No One Knows My Plan. It was only a expansion of what they already had. The only difference is that they had a full band backing them up. Like the Johns at the Kansas City concert last October, "They hate all of the political rockstar bullshit". ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-189 ******************************