Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-195 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 195 Tuesday, 15 July 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG and MST3K TMBG: Hey, Who's that playing....... TMBG: 3 of a kind TMBG: Linnell & his guitar Re: TMBG: Hey, Who's that playing....... Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar TMBG: Tiny Toons Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind Re: TMBG: Tiny Toons TMBG: oasis and hootie Re: TMBG: Question #2 Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar TMBG: question #2 TMBG: yadda yadda.. Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar TMBG: Millions and billions and trillions of topics... TMBG: O Tannenbaum TMBG: TMBG info club Re: TMBG: Millions and billions and trillions of topics... Re: TMBG: O Tannenbaum Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind Re: TMBG: yadda yadda.. TMBG: Re: mst3k, linny-movies/hot TMBG: jack TMBG: Left hand TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-194 Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind TMBG: East Germany in the '30s Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199707141333.IAA17782@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: TMBG and MST3K Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:22:43 -0500 Well, the fact that things referenced in both are the same could be because one writer for Mst3k is a They fan. I can't remember if it's Kevin Murphy or Trace Beleau(ack! how do you spell it?) or some one else. Trillian ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852564D4.00468C69.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:45:09 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Hey, Who's that playing....... Ruprecht, Paul McCartney not a guitarist? Huh? What about "Yesterday", "Two of us", "And I Love Her", "Blackbird", ........ He wrote about half of the Beatles material and over half of his songs were written on guitar. I don't mean to pick but saying Paul is not a guitarist is, IMHO, a little misinformed. JF is not a technically great guitarist but he has written some very impressive pieces. I still can't get over the chorus in DLS (how does he do that?) :). "The Guitar" is simple and yet it works so well. Every guitarist I have ever played that song for loves it, even though they may not like the rest of TMBG. The guitar that is playing in the background during the third verse of "Pet Name" (Waiting at the bus stop....) is, again IMHO, great. I could go on all day with examples of JF's work that is impressive (to me at least). I don't know about everyone else but I think he is a "great" guitarist. As to who is a great guitarist. The answer lies with the person listening to it. Steve Vai is considered a great guitarist but I can't stand listening to almost all of his work. The same goes for "What is the best song/CD/lyric/etc" These debates could go on forever. This theory has been tested for at the past several years on this newsgroup with no end in sight. Oh well it gives us something to do until the next TMBG/Mono Puff CD is released. ;) Erik Chuss ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970714145944.0066e3b8@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:59:44 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: 3 of a kind Let's face it: TMBG, Simpsons, MST3K go hand in hand. TMBG = best band Simpsons = best network TV show MST3K = best cable TV show Every They fan I know loves all of the above. So, since I know very few They fans personally, let me ask straight out: Who on this list does NOT like one of the above? And as for the references between the 3, probably coincidience (sp?) but I'd like to think there was more to it. Someone mentioned a book awhile back that said a Happy Mutant's favorite band was TMBG. Maybe the great Happy Mutant conversion is upon us! Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970714150346.00678228@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:03:46 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar A while back, someone mentioned Linnell playing a guitar and that he was VERY, VERY good. So good, in fact, that they couldn't understand why he didn't play it more often. Can anyone verify this? Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <0nmY8X200WB=0pXWY0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:13:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Hey, Who's that playing....... Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 14-Jul-97 TMBG: Hey, Who's that playi.. by echuss@notes.cc.bellcore > the rest of TMBG. The guitar that is playing in the background during the > third verse of "Pet Name" (Waiting at the bus stop....) is, again IMHO, > great. I could go on all day with examples of JF's work that is impressive > (to me at least). I don't know about everyone else but I think he is a > "great" guitarist. um, isn't that guitar in Pet Name played by Eric? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199707141523.LAA11250@copland.udel.edu> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:20:28 -0400 >A while back, someone mentioned Linnell playing a guitar and >that he was VERY, VERY good. So good, in fact, that they >couldn't understand why he didn't play it more often. Can >anyone verify this? Well, Linnell plays guitar in Dr. Klaw. I think if you listen to it, you will understand why he does not play it more often. Besides, if he is so good, then he'd just take the guitar spotlight away from Flans. ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707141645.JAA20381@mailtod-111.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:45:59 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Tiny Toons At 14:00 EST, on the 21st of July, Tiny Toon Music Television will air on Nickelodeon again. In case you don't know, this has Particle Man and Istanbul (Not Constantinople) on it.But, this time is subject to change. I'm so excited. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33CA8171.355756D0@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:43:45 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar > Well, Linnell plays guitar in Dr. Klaw. I think if you listen to it, you > will understand why he does not play it more often. Hey! I love Mr. Klaw and the guitar on it. Whats wrong with it? Its swanky, to venture a little used word. Its so unconventional. Oh yeah, notice the lack of any sort of educational degree applied the name of "Klaw." Sorry, very defensive or Mr. Klaw Kev -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=====-==-==-=-====-==-=-====-==-=-===-=-==-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33CA8208.EFAB6AE5@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:46:16 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind > Someone mentioned a book > awhile back that said a Happy Mutant's favorite band was TMBG. Maybe > the great Happy Mutant conversion is upon us! Oh, the happy mutant handbook :) There is no conversion taking place. We all are already happy mutants, just unaware of our status. Does a snail know its a snail? Dont think so, unless he had some kind of biology class or something. Forgot what my point was.... oh yeah... read the book. Kev -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=====-==-==-=-====-==-=-====-==-=-===-=-==-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33CA8402.5383DF1B@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:54:42 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: Re: TMBG: Tiny Toons VCR Set. This is truly a magical show, people. It got me started on Them, and I know it got alot of you started too. Hokily- (as in HOKEY) Kev -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=====-==-==-=-====-==-=-====-==-=-===-=-==-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707141725.KAA21948@mailtod-111.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:25:33 -0500 Subject: TMBG: oasis and hootie What do mean AGAIN? They actually toured with one or both. Oh God (sob), say it ain't so 'Danny smacks himself for saying ain't ,then continues sobbing'. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:39:55 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: Question #2 Message-ID: I don't think who they tour with should affect how well we like a band. That would be pretty shallow, even for me. If they were posing as an easy-listening Nazi rock band, I might hate them. -Lani O:) ...unless they were *touring* with an easy-listening Nazi rock band... ...back to the %$F*(@(^$! program I'm working on... lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, Washington State Listies, They Might be Food, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:47:20 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 14-Jul-97 Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar by Kevin McGuire@remcen.ehh > Hey! I love Mr. Klaw and the guitar on it. Whats wrong with it? Its > swanky, to venture a little used word. Its so unconventional. Oh yeah, > notice the lack of any sort of educational degree applied the name of > "Klaw." Anyone know the chords used in that? It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to play because it's just two or three chords repeated in the same pattern... ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707141815.LAA24160@mailtod-111.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:15:39 -0500 Subject: TMBG: question #2 They could commit awful crimes to make me hate Them. That's all (all is used loosely here). Like I always say "I'm glad They're not a rap group or else I would have to be a rap fan". ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:12:21 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970714141118_1657264671@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: yadda yadda.. >The official drink of the summer, of course, is beer. Not if someone in your house is an alcoholic, mmm mm... >the official drink of the summer for this list, given the tendency of TMBG fans >to be still in prebuescence given the Tiny Toons >deal, really ought to be something without alcohol... You know, I may be being a little to uptight with this, but I feel the need to uh, say something... prepubescence? for watching Tiny Toons. *I* personally don't watch them, but I don't find anything wrong with *post* pubescent people watching cartoons. And besides a show that featured John and John -- hell, that's a good thing. Heh, I had JH on my cd player on random, and it went from Subliminal to TEOTT -- and I noticed a similarity in the song lyrics: 1) "As I got hit by a car there was a message for me....As I went through the windshield, I noticed something..." 2) "I was sailing along with the people.....then came a knock on the door which was odd and the picture abruptly changed.." Okay.. well not *total* similarity, but it made me wonder... what John was thinking when he wrote these.. Did someone he know get in a car accident? Was he trying to theme the album? are these both variations on a rough draft he was working on? Am I thinking about this way too much? Hmm. sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:08:25 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind Message-ID: <19970714.140826.3582.0.erda@juno.com> From: erda@juno.com (k e h) On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:59:44 -0400 Kelley Kent writes: >Let's face it: TMBG, Simpsons, MST3K go hand in hand. > TMBG = best band > Simpsons = best network TV show > MST3K = best cable TV show > Who on this list does NOT like one of the above? i never seen MST3K and did not hear of it until the list. but i dont have cable. i dont like the simpsons. 1 out of three isnt bad......except youre comparing them. > Someone mentioned a book >awhile back that said a Happy Mutant's favorite band was TMBG. Maybe >the great Happy Mutant conversion is upon us! what's happy mutant? keh the rabid unicorns are coming! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Consider the fine research being done at the famous Tobacco Institute. They've been researching for years, but darned if they can find any solid evidence that smoking is bad for you.FIRST SCIENTIST: Well, Ted, for the 13,785th consecutive experiment, all of the cigarette smoking rats developed cancer. What do you make of it?SECOND SCIENTIST: Beats me, Bob!FIRST SCIENTIST: It's a puzzle, all right! Hey, look at this-these rats have arranged their food pellets to form the words CIGARETTS CAUSE CANCER YOU ZITBRAINS. What could this possibly mean?SECOND SCIENTIST: I'm totally stumped, Bob! Back to square one! -Dave Barry ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:23:07 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970714152202_-1977638885@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar << Well, Linnell plays guitar in Dr. Klaw. I think if you listen to it, you will understand why he does not play it more often. >> Same goes for "The Big, Big Whoredom." His style isn't bad, and it's definitely interesting, but I prefer the blood-pumping energy of Flans' guitar work :) Kay ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:40:47 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970714153957_60498607@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Millions and billions and trillions of topics... Yes, I'm back, and I have two weeks worth of digests to sift through! (No, I didn't go anywhere. But it's summer, and I'd rather be doing other things besides tapping at a keyboard) Re Candy Butchers: > It's become one of my favorite CDs. It is in the Borders ordering >system, at least, so try to get it! I think it's distributed by Universal >Distro. They deserve to be huge. I wonder what's holding up the full-length. >Anyone know? Blue Thumb went belly-up. But yes, the CB's deserve to be giant, and someday they might be (um, sorry... no pun intended), if they ever get their *^$*# album out on some other label. >Subject: TMBG: Here comes article #1! Um, can whoever posted these articles send them to me directly? I got one of those dumb "MIME encoding: unknown blah blah blah" messages. >...Sounds like grog. Any Monkey Island worships out there? Heh heh... yup. However, the official TMBG drink should not, in my opinion, be strong enough to melt cell doors. >>hey! does anyone out there know if Linnel has a wife or girlfriend? > >Shhhh! *nicole looks around nervously* You'll send poor Christy back over >the edge. :) That's OK, I haven't been, uh, under the edge for quite some time now... (I don't think I posted this before, but if I did, so what, it deserves to be said twice:) Well, here's an OMLT update that will make all you tightwads happy: one of my mom's friends, the multi-talented Bob, screens shirts (which I did not know until very recently) as well as playing the guitar and working for Geico. He has offered to make our OMLTs for a price that works out to be roughly half a dollar to one dollar cheaper per shirt than the other place. Yaaaay! However, I still need to contact him and work out some details. I know, I know, don't kill me. You have all been waiting most patiently and you will get these darn shirts soon. "What's an OMLT?" I hear some of you cry. Don't ask, because you can't get one. (Yet. I am trying to work out a deal with Bob so that you people can just send all your money, shipping and all, right to him. That way I don't ever have to deal with your money or the post office, which makes me a very happy Goddess, plus new people may be able to order shirts for reasons that I don't feel like going into. Just trust me) --Christy P.S. Stop the Coke vs. Pepsi debate already. Drink some juice, for god's sake. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19970714134041.006cd26c@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:40:41 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: O Tannenbaum I bought O Tannenbaum and WDTSS? 7" -- and I don't own a record player ... does this make me a more dedicated fan? Anyway, I'd like to hear this new purchase, but I have no record player, so doe anyone know of a place where I could find a .wav file or an mp3 (this would be better). Thanks. -ec, yes, oh-so green.... ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:32:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970714172922_-1795262500@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG info club I have been shocked, my friends. I sent out a pretty big order to the info club LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AGO and the stuff came in today. Unfortunately, however, one of the shot glasses I ordered came broken. Do any of you know who I should complain to??? AnnA ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970714215824.0067ba14@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:58:24 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: Re: TMBG: Millions and billions and trillions of topics... But Goddess, you didn't answer the most important ? of all: How are your feet doing? :^) Kelley Kent PS - To the newbies - this is an inside joke from a while back. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:02:13 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: O Tannenbaum Message-ID: On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > I bought O Tannenbaum and WDTSS? 7" -- and I don't own a record player ... > does this make me a more dedicated fan? Yes, yes it does. I too have O Tannenbaum, and I was lucky enough to hear it once (I've had it for about 2 years(?)). Many moons ago I bought that S~E~X~X~Y record with all those remixes (NO, don't ask me, I found it at Tower), and I have yet to hear it! Ack! -Lani O:) with yet another unhelpful post lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, Washington State Listies, They Might be Food, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 22:05 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind >what's happy mutant? A Happy Mutant is, basically, someone who delights in the unconvetional. Some famous Happy Mutants include Dr. Suess and Timothy Leary. There's a wonderful book called _The Happy Mutant Handbook_ that's a wonderful guide to having fun in our somewhat boring world. At the beginning, there is a chart detailing the difference between Happy Mutants, Normals (your everyday folks), and Unhappy Mutants (your really strange, twisted people). Liking TMBG is listed as a characteristic of a Happy Mutant, whereas Normals like Mariah Carey. I highly recommend you find this book - it'll bring you hours of fun. :) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:29:02 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970714222806_-1225118069@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: yadda yadda.. In a message dated 97-07-14 14:24:58 EDT, KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: << Okay.. well not *total* similarity, but it made me wonder... what John was thinking when he wrote these.. Did someone he know get in a car accident? Was he trying to theme the album? are these both variations on a rough draft he was working on? Am I thinking about this way too much? Hmm. sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org >> Ya know, I've been thinking about these.........and I would like to point out the fact that Flans mentions that he personally knows of incidences where equipment piled in the back of a vehicle has killed people when the vehicle got rear ended. This I read at TMBG.COM, in the section where Flans gives music advice. I think that there may be a connection AnnA ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:41:33 -0400 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <33CAE35D.632B@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Re: mst3k, linny-movies/hot First of all, though I've seen many "Linnell is immortal" threads I have never seen anyone I have never seen any "Linnell is an alien" threads. Admittedly I havn't been on list for a while so I could have missed something big, but give me a break, okay? I'm sorry. Yeesh! I have no Name wrote: > hahhaaaa, my friend thought that linnell looked like that guy in A simple > wish... Remember that thing Kidsinthhall posted once that was casting for a TMBG movie, and it had Fabio for Graham, Richard Simmons for Eric and I think Kenny G for Brian? I vote Martin Short for the part of Linnell, because he can do a resonable imitation of that famous stare. He did it for a second on Leno the other night. He'd have to get the right hair, though. What he had in a Simple Wish was a wig... I was so dissapointed! (note: if anyone hates me for bringing up a thread from last year... I'm sorry, bite me) -Mismi ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 12:54:25 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970715130559.20af65e8@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: jack I think that the femmes and they might be giants is a really bad match i i cant believe that people think they are similar ....... The femmes just dont have the sense of humour ......... And TMBG are just to classy .... Id achtually prefere to see them with hootie or a good band that is in no direct stylistic parrallel ........ Just a thought So-man ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 12:57:58 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970715130926.20af65e8@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Left hand To that leftie who want to kill right guitarists ............. i'm a lefty bassist but i play right ( as a lot of people i know do ) So-man ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970316223928.006da748@kalifornia.com> Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:39:28 -0600 From: i0n Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-194 >Sitting here at a little after 4am listening to Spiraling Shape >and waiting for a file to finish downloading, I thought that maybe >Spiraling Shape might be about love. Anyone else ever think that? could be.. me and my friend have an idea about it however. it's about death. the spiraling shape is a question mark. most of the song makes sense with that theory. just a thought. * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Oh I love the storm that leaves no trace, like thoughts inside a dream. He is the band that led me to that place, yellow desert screams. Like shangrela beneath the summer moon, I will return to err. As the death that floats behind you, we're moving through Kashmir. -Led Zepplin * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: MrShow@aol.com Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 23:48:46 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970714234841_192857047@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: 3 of a kind >>what's happy mutant? Happy Mutants also like doing things themselves, stuff that relates to the things they like. Like the people who started boINg boING magazine. Anyone else like Optic Nerve? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970714220217.00685450@awod.com> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:03:35 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: East Germany in the '30s I'm watching a documentary on the Velvet Underground on PBS right now, and a magazine said the band's stage show was "reminiscent of Berlin in the '30s". That reminded me a lot of the comment on the Frank O'Toole show that went something like "Some people have compared TMBG to East Germany in the 1930's". Are these comments somehow related, or am I just reaching for a connection that isn't there (like some other people on this list... ;) ? TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-195 ******************************