Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-196 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 196 Wednesday, 16 July 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: NON-TMBG Wingroove non TMBG: Contact TMBG: non TMBG Re: TMBG: jack TMBG: stomp box TMBG: Happy Mutants TMBG: He is a great guitarist Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <33CBE899.20F16CA9@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:16:09 -0700 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: NON-TMBG Wingroove Hey anyone out there remember when this list was talking about that program? Well, Id like some ahem... INFORMATION... (yeah, thats it) about it. So, if you have any, ahem, information about it, umm... then send me an e-mail... You know, the San Andreas faule is a large CRACK..... Uhh.... Kev -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=== http://members.tripod.org/~boweasel/ =-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 03:23:10 -0400 Subject: non TMBG: Contact Message-ID: <19970715.033538.3790.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I just saw the best movie. It is "Contact." See this movie, for it *is* the bomb-and-a-half. It even gives 2001 by Kubrick a run for the money. Speaking of Kubrick, what are some other of his good movies besides Clckwk. Orange, 2001, and Full Mtl. Jkctet? I ask because you people are wise, and you know a lot of stuff. Oh yeah, uuh... TMBG is not directly involved with any of this. You may all pull out your M-16s and begin shooting me. David "THIS IS MY RIFLE!!!!!!!!!" Hutch ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:10:39 -0400 Subject: TMBG: non TMBG Message-ID: <19970715.041039.3790.3.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> Check out my cool dirtbikes! They are wonderful philosophers, specializing in metaphysics. I'll shut up now. It's 4:08 a.m. Dave "What's a LotharCo?" Hutch * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- __ > __ > O/~ \O ......philosopher dirtbike....... O/~ \O * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:31:42 -0400 (EDT) From: squeak! Subject: Re: TMBG: jack Message-ID: On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 cdanve10@scu.edu.au wrote: > achtually prefere to see them with hootie or a good band that is in no > direct stylistic parrallel ........ I'm sorry... did someone say "HOOTIE"? Jen :9 who is sure all the wax is cleaned out of her ears. 'Incense, peppermints, a big can of Spam....' --Space Ghost 'The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.' --Douglas Adams ------------------------------ Message-ID: <4nmx9Ey00WB=1UdUU0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:41:04 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: stomp box does anyone have the chords the organ plays in the first instrumental bridge in Stomp Box? (i.e. the stuff going on under the trumpet lead), along with the bass line which I think is duplicated on the trombone. and does anyone have the notes for the trombone solo later in the song? once I get these, I promise, I'll finish sequencing it for all to hear... :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199707160009.TAA00186@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: Happy Mutants Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 18:55:28 -0500 Hey, I just bought that book! I was in the bookstore debating between a trash tv and cult film movie guide as it was the only one I've seen that has Manos:The Hands of Fate in it and the Happy Mutant book since it had TMBG in it. It's a cool book. Maybe I'll put the list of Happy Mutant qualities up on here. Maybe later tonight. Trillian ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 12:36:02 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970716124740.21570018@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: He is a great guitarist As a musician ive come to think of JF as a great guitarist .... To be a great guitarist is really justr to use the guitar in the best way possible for your porpose and he definantly does that .... Improvisation is one of the true art still in use and i could confidentlt say that JF improvises his solos and does it with a uniqueness that makes him one of the easiest guitarists to identify ...... Much respect I live in Australia and i met this guy who hate TBMG because of the american accents ......... I never even though about that ...... I though they sounded good and unique ( and as i say thats what is real inovation .....) So-man ...... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-196 ******************************