Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-198 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 198 Friday, 18 July 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-197 Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Feelings Re: TMBG: Conan outfits Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar TMBG: vinyl TMBG: MST3K live on the web today!!! TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... TMBG: Linnell and his guitar...the truth Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... TMBG: hide away misprint! =) Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Re: TMBG: Linnell and his guitar...the truth TMBG: open the pod bay door,HAL Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Re: TMBG: Linnell and his guitar...the truth Re: TMBG: open the pod bay door,HAL Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... TMBG: Hello, hello TMBG: TMBG in Cleveland? Why not? Re: TMBG: TMBG in Cleveland? Why not? Re: TMBG: TMBG in Cleveland? Why not? TMBG: Sabrina TMBG: oh no :(((( Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: ZippyKelp@aol.com Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 03:31:43 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970717033143_784468247@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-197 In a message dated 97-07-17 03:05:59 EDT, you write: > That, and he may not really enjoy playing the guitar. Maybe > he feels that's more Flans's area and he doesn't want to infringe. Or > something. Sounds to me like either he had a basic training and learned the mysteries of alternate tuning, or that one night he borrowed Flans's guitar and tried to make up chords, and barely succeeded. By the way, I'm Mark, I can't remember the last time I posted, it's probably been several months since that. hi. Bye. Mark ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:45:42 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Feelings Message-ID: <19970717.114558.13622.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 03:00:53 -0400 The Denominator writes: >XTC vs. Adam Ant- Evil incarnate. This is by far my least favorite >TMBG song >of all time. I do not know why they wrote this one, and why, after >having >written it, decided to put it on an album, of all things!!! I cannot >explain >how much I dislike it, nor can I justify myeslf. It just totally sits >wrong >with me, and really puts a bad stamp on the album for me. Although, i >do >like the music at the end... still, this is the death of the album. Oooh, I love that song! The section with the violin duet is so awesome! And it gets even better when the violins play during the last refrain! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:12:34 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan outfits Message-ID: <19970717.121708.13622.4.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:28:48 -0400 (EDT) Jonathan Chaffer writes: >On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Kelley Kent wrote: > >> What ever happened to those gold, glittery outfits and >> funky necklaces They wore on Conan about 6-7 months >> ago? Are those now part of Their touring show, or was it >> just a one-time thing? > >It was a one-time thing. I believe the network provided the uniforms >for >that show. That performance was very unsusual, as in addition to the >new >outfits for the band, it incorporated the full string section in the >live >performance (in very spiffy tuxedos, I might add). What songs did They play on Conan? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:16:48 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell & his guitar Message-ID: <19970717.121708.13622.5.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 23:12:59 -0500 (EST) Queen Sneepy writes: >On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Harlan Landes wrote: > >> >A while back, someone mentioned Linnell playing a guitar and >> >that he was VERY, VERY good. So good, in fact, that they >> >couldn't understand why he didn't play it more often. Can >> >anyone verify this? >> >> Well, Linnell plays guitar in Dr. Klaw. I think if you listen to >it, you >> will understand why he does not play it more often. >> >Probably because he plays it so darned weird! Linnell's guitar playing sounds like someone learning to play guitar in their garage with far fetched dreams of stardom in their head. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:52:15 -0600 Subject: TMBG: vinyl Message-ID: <19970717.105631.12134.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) i've been to lazy to actually read the posts but i am reading the subject lines if it's any consolation and there was something about lincoln on vinyl.. well, my latest TMBG adventure is collecting all the EP's/Single's on vinyl in addition to the cd's i already have... maybe once i accomplish that i can collect the albums... "Count the arms, the legs and heads and then divide by 5" ---TMBG "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:49:36 -0600 Subject: TMBG: MST3K live on the web today!!! Message-ID: <19970717.105631.12134.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) OKay, i have never seen this show due to the pathetic fact that i still don't have cable but anyways...you people are constantly posting about it so... here's what you need to know: Kevin "Tom Servo" Murphy and Mary Jo "Mrs. Forrester" Pehl from MST3K answer questions from fans 6pm (Rocky mountain standard time) at the Dominion: http://www.scifi.com/colony/events/ Required software: Global chat um...yeah that's about it...sorry for the non-tmbg post but hey...the digest has been pretty dead recently...i'm gonna see if i can fill the digest today! =) "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:56:14 -0600 Subject: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Message-ID: <19970717.105631.12134.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Hey hey, look it's me again! anyways, in my attempt to make this digest more interesting I thought i'd ask you guys this: the first album i heard was lincoln back in 89 or whatever (somewhere around there)... and i continued to get all of the albums in order from there and didn't buy the pink album until right after I got Factory Showroom last year... When i listened to the Pink album I could have sworn that they sounded different...less mature or something (i dunno)... But, now when i listen to it I really can't tell any difference at all...so, can any of you guys hear a difference? "when they sing you can't hear..." ---TMBG "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:43:26 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Linnell and his guitar...the truth Message-ID: <19970717.105631.12134.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Harlan Landes wrote: > >A while back, someone mentioned Linnell playing a guitar and > >that he was VERY, VERY good. So good, in fact, that they > >couldn't understand why he didn't play it more often. Can > >anyone verify this? > > Well, Linnell plays guitar in Dr. Klaw. I think if you listen to it, you > will understand why he does not play it more often. > When I was learning to play the guitar a while ago I came across this song called "Could I have this dance" well, for some reason, at the time it seemed difficult... so I got really mad that i couldn't play it and i just started strumming up and down and it sounded EXACTLY like the guitar in "Mainstream USA" (i dunno what chord i was playing but...) I just wonder if Linnell had a similar experience. I don't think Linnell is a good guitar player at all...almost anyone and their monkey's could play guitar like that... I think he just enjoys playing it, or attempting to play it and that's that... I also think he knows that he is no where near as good at playing the guitar as flans' is and he knows where his specialties are so... However, I also think that linnell, if he reeeely wanted his specialty to be the guitar he could quite easily become better than flans'. my 1/2 cent "Count the arms, the legs and heads and then divide by 5" ---TMBG "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:23:26 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Message-ID: On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, I have no Name wrote: > When i listened to the Pink album I could have sworn that they sounded > different...less mature or something (i dunno)... > But, now when i listen to it I really can't tell any difference at > all...so, can any of you guys hear a difference? Do you mean their style, their voices, or what? There could be several answers depending on what you meant... I think they sound quite different, yet very much the same... -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, Washington State Listies, They Might be Food, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:31:31 -0400 (EDT) From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Message-ID: On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, I have no Name wrote: > When i listened to the Pink album I could have sworn that they sounded > different...less mature or something (i dunno)... As far as the Johns Themselves go, I think Flans's voice has changed quite a bit. In the early recordings, I have to work to tell which John is singing, but in the newer stuff, I think Flans's voice is quite distinct-- perhaps a little more vibrato and a little more resonant? Of course it could be just the recording style, too, I suppose. -- ,, Jonathan (JonBob) Chaffer Member DNRC MSTie #16490 TMBG #25267 ->QQ<- Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ _||_ "Anything ragged or rotten or rusty-- yes, I love trash." --Oscar ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:41:40 -0600 Subject: TMBG: hide away misprint! =) Message-ID: <19970717.114144.11806.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) In the liner notes of *hide away folk family* in Then:TEY it says the "fuse is SELLING" instead of spelling (which is written correctly in the liner notes of the pink album) "COunt the arms, the legs, and heads and then divide by 5" ---TMBG "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:47:11 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Message-ID: <19970717.134758.11806.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:23:26 -0700 (PDT) "'Lani' N Olson" writes: >On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, I have no Name wrote: > >> When i listened to the Pink album I could have sworn that they >sounded >> different...less mature or something (i dunno)... >> But, now when i listen to it I really can't tell any difference at >> all...so, can any of you guys hear a difference? > >Do you mean their style, their voices, or what? There could be >several >answers depending on what you meant... I think they sound quite >different, >yet very much the same... > I mean their voices...obviously you're going to see some style differences between The pink album and the post-John Henry era (at least) come on people...let's think these things through!!! "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:37:14 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Message-ID: On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, I have no Name wrote: > I mean their voices...obviously you're going to see some style > differences between The pink album and the post-John Henry era (at least) > come on people...let's think these things through!!! I should certainly hope so. That's why I asked. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ TMBG, chickens, Washington State Listies, They Might be Food, and more! _______________________________________________________________ There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: Dekadetia@aol.com Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:40:19 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970717173710_-1091061560@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell and his guitar...the truth That song is a definite influence. Listen close to the background vocals of "mainstream U.S.A." They say 'could i have this dance'. It's there. ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707172213.PAA22391@mailtod-113.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:13:55 -0500 Subject: TMBG: open the pod bay door,HAL When someone finds out, could they please tell me when Thier next T.V. appearence will be? I'm dying to see Them live. All I've seen are pictures. On a spooky note: the song fingertips scares the hell out of me. The smallest part of it could petrify me. When I first bought A18,I thought it was someone flipping through the radio stations with thier >>*FINGERTIPS*<< turning the dial. But now that I have read the interp that it's about life and death, I avoid it as much as possible. Does anyone else feel this way? Probably not, because you can call me Marvin (the Paranoid Android). ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:32:00 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Message-ID: <19970717.163956.11638.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:37:14 -0700 (PDT) "'Lani' N Olson" writes: >> I mean their voices...obviously you're going to see some style >> differences between The pink album and the post-John Henry era (at >least) >> come on people...let's think these things through!!! > >I should certainly hope so. That's why I asked. Sorry, I just thought you were one of those ignorant fools.. love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:39:24 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell and his guitar...the truth Message-ID: <19970717.163956.11638.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:40:19 -0400 (EDT) Dekadetia@aol.com writes: >That song is a definite influence. Listen close to the background >vocals of >"mainstream U.S.A." They say 'could i have this dance'. It's there. do people think that i am a BOTOMLESS PIT OF RANDOMNESS??? do you think i just pulled "could i have this last dance my darling" out of my next doors neighbors coffin? do you think i had a 7lb. can of pineapples for breakfast this morning?? no, i'm just kidding, this is what happens to me on IRC so all ye IRC people shouldn't be frightened but to the rest of you..i'm sorry...what can i say, i'm a freek. but in "mainstream USA" the song "could i have this last dance" is repeated almost in it's entirty (with several pertinent changes made so they didn't get sued i assume) so... that's that LOVE, JOrdaN "who just realized that her line about the neighbor's coffin up there was more creative than she had expected" Arnot oh yeah, and who just pulled a mike leffel which she swore she would never do... ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 20:26:24 -0500 (CDT) From: "Jon Misc." Subject: Re: TMBG: open the pod bay door,HAL Message-ID: About Fingertips: Yes, I feel rather spooky when I hear Fingertips, but I don't try to avoid it. It's one of those songs that makes you think of the so-called 'big picture'. That's my $.02. Ciao. Jonnie Coffman (Jon Misc.) http://taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us/~jcoffman ============================================================================ "When you're following an angel Does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?" - They Might Be Giants =========================================================================== On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 expo67@webtv.net wrote: > When someone finds out, could they please tell me when Thier next T.V. > appearence will be? I'm dying to see Them live. All I've seen are > pictures. > On a spooky note: the song fingertips scares the hell out of me. The > smallest part of it could petrify me. When I first bought A18,I thought > it was someone flipping through the radio stations with thier > >>*FINGERTIPS*<< turning the dial. But now that I have read the interp > that it's about life and death, I avoid it as much as possible. Does > anyone else feel this way? Probably not, because you can call me Marvin > (the Paranoid Android). > > > > > > ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:28:28 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970717212825_-90223377@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... I definetly notice a change in Flans's voice. There isnt as much of a variety in it anymore. Take the first few albums. Listen to Alienations For The Rich, Absolutly Bills Mood, Saphire Bullets of Pure Love, Hearing Aid,etc etc. His singing is very interesting, and comical sometimes. But now a days, almost every song he does has that smooth/high sound. (How Can I Sing Like A Girl, NYC, Pet Name). the only exception on FS off the top of my head is the background vocals in Spiralling Shape ("Everyone wants to see that groovy thiiiiiing"). I dont mind this or anything...but...i dont know.....i miss the ol Flans voice. On a sort of related note----Is it just me, or is Linnells voice REALLY different on Flood? Its been drving me crazy.....like in Birdhouse for example...the way he sings in that compared to Ana Ng or Dont Lets Start. it kind of sounds like there is 2 of him singing. His voice seems...flatter. Does anyone else notice this??? Hmmm....Jordan ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 22:52 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... >When i listened to the Pink album I could have sworn that they sounded >different...less mature or something (i dunno)... >But, now when i listen to it I really can't tell any difference at >all...so, can any of you guys hear a difference? I think they definitely sound younger, somehow. It's harder to tell their voices apart (IMHO) and they sound more nasal. Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: Hello, hello Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:24:02 -0500 Message-ID: <19970718032401911.AAA263@wglodell> WOOHOO! Back to my old lazy, list reading self! Anyone remember me? I've been away for a bit more than a month on vacation, and boy do i miss the list. I finally found a store carrying something TMBGish i didnt haver -- the TDWDTN single.. but then my 9 month old half sister decided (2 days later) that it would be fun to play with it and the keys at the same time... you cant kep things away from her.... A lot of other TMBG-related stuff happened, but i wont bore you. BYE! -Wyatt Glodell Do i have a .sig? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970718032446.0067b590@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 23:24:46 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Cleveland? Why not? People always talk about dreams they have of Them at night. But I usually just daydream about TMBG scenarios. One recurring one is that TMBG is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And at the Grammy's, They are given a lifetime acheivement award. You know, stuff like that. But is it really that far-fetched? Jerry Lewis had 2 major hits (tops) in his career and he's inducted. Same with Little Richard. But the point of those two is how influential they were. So I guess the question is how influential is/was TMBG? Their first 2 albums, I would say, were extremely influential. I mean, they were named best alternative record for 1986 and 1988. That's pretty impressive. But as far as Their "reach," that's what I don't know about. There are just so many other factors that go into choosing an inductee that it seems at least possible They could get a nod. Or am I letting my fan-dom get in the way of my rational thinking? Any thoughts? Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33CD98CC.CAF51D4@ncweb.com> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 00:00:12 -0400 From: Jeff Meden Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG in Cleveland? Why not? Kelley Kent wrote: > People always talk about dreams they have of Them at night. But > I usually just daydream about TMBG scenarios. One recurring one > is that TMBG is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And > at the Grammy's, They are given a lifetime acheivement award. You > know, stuff like that. > > But is it really that far-fetched? Jerry Lewis had 2 major hits > (tops) in his career and he's inducted. Same with Little Richard. > But the point of those two is how influential they were. So I guess > the question is how influential is/was TMBG? Their first 2 albums, > I would say, were extremely influential. I mean, they were named > best alternative record for 1986 and 1988. That's pretty impressive. > But as far as Their "reach," that's what I don't know about. There > are just so many other factors that go into choosing an inductee > that it seems at least possible They could get a nod. Or am I > letting my fan-dom get in the way of my rational thinking? > > Any thoughts? > > Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) I would pay to see tmbg at the R+R hall of fame, since i live right near there. As far as the Alternative Record Of The Year, when they won, alternative hadn't 'Taken Off' just yet, so i guess that means they could be considered 'Pioneers Of Alternative Music', which is worthy of an induction by me. Jeff Meden -- 'Every Seashell Has A Story To Tell If Youre Listening, But Underneath Every Shell Is A Story As Well If You've Heard Enough Of The Sea.' -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 18 Jul 97 00:05 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG in Cleveland? Why not? > I would pay to see tmbg at the R+R hall of fame, since i live right >near there. As far as the Alternative Record Of The Year, when they won, >alternative hadn't 'Taken Off' just yet, so i guess that means they >could be considered 'Pioneers Of Alternative Music', which is worthy of >an induction by me. Oh, I think they definitely deserve it. Then, I think the Sex Pistols should be inducted as well, so.. Doesn't it have to be, like, 25 years before someone can be inducted? Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 00:00:46 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Sabrina Message-ID: <19970718.000752.3694.1.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> Everyone remember to watch Sabrina on TGIF! Watch for TMBG refferences... Also, listen to the theme for Clueless and see if it sounds like Cub... -Anonymous (it's not me!) ------------------------------ From: Callag@NORTHRYDE.VODAFONE.vodafone.telememo.au Date: 18 Jul 1997 15:00:43 +1000 Message-ID: <0010373E.MAI*/S=Callag/O=VODAFONE/OU=NORTHRYDE/PRMD=vodafone/ADMD=telememo/C=au@MHS> Subject: TMBG: oh no :(((( well gang... my email here at work is currently in it's death throws. We're "upgrading" to windows NT and they're closing EMail down.. arrggghhh!! So 'cos of that I have to say goodbye here at work. I'll still be on the digest at home, but it's just not the same So I guess I'll see you guys when (if??) we get the mail working again *sob* b'byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Andrew ps. Kristen, if you can see this, mail me at home?? please??? ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 01:50:58 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: PInk album in comparison to the rest... Message-ID: <19970718.015059.8574.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:28:28 -0400 (EDT) Jordan1c@aol.com writes: >On a sort of related note----Is it just me, or is Linnells voice >REALLY >different on Flood? Its been drving me crazy.....like in Birdhouse for >example...the way he sings in that compared to Ana Ng or Dont Lets >Start. > it kind of sounds like there is 2 of him singing. That is such a wierd effect when it sounds like two of the same person singing. It sounds somehow less natural. But it seems like this occurs more with Flans. Take, for instance, XTC vs. Adam Ant, Unsupervised I Hit My Head, New York City, etc. Do you think Flans actually overdubs his voice twice to make it sound that way or is it natural? This phenomenon also occurs with lots of other music. Just listen to the refrain of Smells Like Teen Spirit. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-198 ******************************