Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-2 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 2 Friday, 3 January 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: java.mail: mY nAmE iS tOrGo...I dELiVeR piZzA wHiLe tHe MaSter iS aWaY Re: TMBG: Re: THE SHOW!!!! :) Re: TMBG: Kicking Myself Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza NYC TMBG: John Henry 2-CD TMBG: Hello Club & John L.'s Solo & Meet Hal and his Mother! Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza NYC TMBG: OMLT etc. TMBG: Hello worth dough? TMBG: Shirts Re: TMBG: Shirts Re: TMBG: Shirts TMBG: Flans' eye GOUGED OUT AT CONCERT! TMBG: the OMLT yet again... *don't* skip!, MST3k Re: TMBG: the OMLT yet again... *don't* skip!, MST3k TMBG: I declare that I'm an island / Shirt design TMBG: MST&my sister is insane! Re: TMBG: TMBG anime TMBG: OMLT TMBG: Re: John Henry 2-CD TMBG: I am Not Your Broom Re: TMBG: Flans' eye GOUGED OUT AT CONCERT! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199701020736.BAA13936@atlantis.nconnect.net> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 01:38:56 -0600 From: cowking@nconnect.net (Peter J. Kesting) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: java.mail: mY nAmE iS tOrGo...I dELiVeR piZzA wHiLe tHe MaSter iS aWaY >Peter Kesting wrote: >> You asked if there were any TMBG refernces in MST3K. Well as a matter of >> fact there was. Ok it was one of a million of the crappy old shows they >> show. This guy in the movie says this line "They could be giants" refering >> to some monster. Well I beileve it was crow who said "They Might Be Giants" >> I just about shot to the ceiling. It was really cool. > >This isn't half as cool as that, but I heard that once during a >commercial for the MST movie The Guitar was playing in the background. > >-Mismirilda Was it the music from "In the jungle" part cause then the music was probably refering to "In the Jungle" not really The Guitar I was looking at the subject of this email. It meantions torgo. I have a screensaver with torgo on it. It is really my only MST3K program. I was thinking it would be really cool if someone here wrote a TMBG screensaver. I don't have any experience writing screensavers, so if someone is daring enough they should see what can be done. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:16:26 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: THE SHOW!!!! :) Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Dec-96 TMBG: Re: THE SHOW!!!! :) by Mismirilda@erols.com > At the show I went to someone threw underwear at Flans. He kicked it > under Brian's drum set. Is this some sort of common occurence, throwing > misc. objects at Flans? Let's hope not. Apparently the show was cut short and Flans was not happy about being hit in the eye with a large heavy object (surprise). I think they should have played an appropriate part of Fingertips to single the guy out, though... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <0mmxESa00WB=05Bdw0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:28:30 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Kicking Myself Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Dec-96 TMBG: Kicking Myself by Robert Grabill@valley.ne > Haven. It may seem like Eric might just be absent for now, but if they > rework a whole song, just so Eric isn't in it, doesn't that elude to > someting a little more serious? Is it possible that he could be gone for > ever? Is it possible that You might acctually be able to hear XTC vs Adam > Ant in concert? Might S~E~X~X~Y retain it's keyboard intro? Well, I for one > would not miss Eric too much, although I wish Flans could learn to play the > guitar without popping strings. Eric is in Hawaii doing "more important things," according to John Linnell. He also, apparently, wants a shoehorn (the kind with teeth). At the 9:30 club they played toned down versions of S-E-X-X-Y, How Can I Sing Like a Girl, XTC, and even Subliminal, which normally has a lead guitar part. They did not even try to play Till My Head Falls Off, Metal Detector, or Counterfeit Faker. I guess those have too much lead guitar for Flans to handle, although he did a nice job in Sleeping in the Flowers and playing the horn parts of Whistling in the Dark... the version of Istanbul they did was interesting - I've seen them play it five times now. Twice with horns, twice with Eric, once without either. The last time (12/27/96), Graham covered Eric's part on the bass and it sounded kind of interesting. The 9:30 show was an excellent show, and really proved that they don't need Eric at all, really. The versions of HCISLAG and S-E-X-X-Y were considerably shorter than usual (thankfully - enough long guitar solos already) ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:31:55 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza NYC Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 31-Dec-96 TMBG: Irving Plaza NYC by Josh@fyi.net > Hey, I was thinking of trying to go to one of the 4 Irving Plaza shows in Just one? Wait, I shouldn't say that... As it is I'm going to have to skip class to make any of them. Hmmm... 4 shows one week after another. Is it possible that these could be special shows of some sort? Album shows? "Nostalgia" shows? I know that for about a week in October, 1992, they did something like 8 shows at the Variety Arts Theater in NY, and they were all fairly unusual sets. One of them was a first album show. They *have* been playing a lot of songs from Apollo 18 lately... (hope, hope :) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:31:29 PST Subject: TMBG: John Henry 2-CD Message-ID: <19970102.103147.2383.0.GuavaBoy9@juno.com> From: guavaboy9@juno.com (Justin J Tittelfitz) Hey, folks. I was at Future shop yesterday w/ my friend, (he was getting a disc man) and I was bored, so I looked through their TMBG CD's, hoping to find something I didn't have, when I saw JH for something like $35. Confused, I pulled it out and noticed it was a 2 disc set, and it said something about the Australian Tour, and unreleased live versions. So, can anyone tell me what is going on with this CD? Is it worth spending $35 on? If anyone else wants it, email me, and maybe we can work out a deal. GuavaBoy9 (who decided to give Juno a try, due to the fact that AOL sucks, but can still be reached at Guava Boy9@aol.com or JimEnsor@aol.com) @juno.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 12:44:53 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: TMBG: Hello Club & John L.'s Solo & Meet Hal and his Mother! Message-ID: Ben or Been here, happy to be back. I was away in NC and away from my e-mail, so I scanned the subjects of some of the past digests. I was particularly looking for references to the "SEXXY" singles and John Linnell's new Hello disc. I'm surprised there's Been so little talk of it. Well, as for Hello Club information: MY experience with it is that it seems kinda slow. I mean, I am getting like the September disc and here it is, the start of the new year!!! Operator Bob with the Hello Club told me by e-mail that the CD's were going to be shipped in mid-November, but the post-mark on my most recent package was I think December 23rd. Oh well, I don't think I can complain . . . I don't know what goes on there. I expect that the delay was for a legit reason, as always. If you have questions about your order, I think the fastest way to reach Hello is by e-mail. Ask for "Operator Bob" at . I've tried leaving voice-mails at 1800HELLO41 but I don't think I've gotten any kind of response. ******** Well, John Linnell's new solo disc, "Hall of Mayors" is out. Those of you who are just finding it after a nice, relaxing break, I hope you are intrigued by it. I will proudly label it an "ECCENTRIC" record. Most of the tracks are instrumentals, but each has a distinct character. The first track, called "Fernando Wood," is labelled the "Preamble." The major feature of this track is the speech of Fernando Wood, as performed by Linnell. My being an actor and all, I was quite impressed by his performance. He seems to capture the vocal characteristics of a fiery rabble-rouser in pre-1900's. I don't have the CD next to me, but another song that comes to my head is the penultimate track, "David Dinkins." I was interested in seeing how Linnell captures a 1990's figure. It seems his instrumental for this mayor has a jazzy feel, in that Linnell seems to improvise on a piano a certain musical phrase. It also has the feel of a smoky lounge performance. When I listen to the song, I picture the mayor playing it rather than Linnell, even though I have almost no idea who David Dinkins is. Linnell's "Hall of Mayors" disc has its dose of comedy. If you sit down and listen to it for its fifteen-or-so minutes' time, you'll probably laugh; Linnell will insert odd combinations of instruments (or their synthesized imitators). A few instruments that come to mind are the clarinet (I think!), a dance drum machine, and THE ACCORDIAN--if you listen closely you'll hear the sound of his fingers moving the keys. Dereft of Linnell's trademark "blast of lyrics," "Hall of Mayors"'s stands as cool entertainment to iron your clothes to. It shows that he can make interesting music with or without vocals. ********* The other CD that came in the recent Hello shipment was a disc of poetry by Hal Sirowitz (sic?), recorded by John Flansburgh at Hello Studios. THIS GUY IS HILARIOUS!!! Hal reads most of the poems from his book _Mother Said_. In fact, most of his poems include the line, "Mother said"--as he likes to talk about what his mother taught him about life. My favorite is track 5, called "Magnified." I'll just say it's about his penis. Another track goes something like this: "She bit my ear And said 'Fuck me' But that's what I thought I was doing." This fellow's voice is heavily Jewish, with somewhat of a droning whine, and it sounds as if he still lives with his mother. Hearing him tell his stories with that voice just makes the poetry richer! Flansburgh (assuming HE chose Hal) has made an exciting choice for the Hello Club. I guess this poetry disc is like Duplex Planet's Halloween disc, but this is devoid of music. Half of it sounds as if it's recorded on a boom box. It's a CD that you'll want to have friends over for. ***************** I said Hello-- Now I say Bye-Bye, Ben or Been ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 13:55:06 -0500 Message-ID: <970102135505_1722643055@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza NYC More likely than not, or, rather, from what I have heard, these shows are more in the spirit of the Mercury Lounge shows of last March rather than theme shows. Thus they would be focused more on trying out new material, screwing up new material, something like that. Nonetheless, Irving Plaza is not as informal a setup as the Mercury Lounge, so I can't imagine these upcoming shows will be as fun-loving as the ML shows were. Irving Plaza as a club... In my opinion, Irving Plaza has been on a downhill slide since they installed a video screen. I have a vendetta against that screen. I am sure it's the root of all evil. Anyhay, expect barriers and bouncers. The club is not as big as Roseland, but it is a lot larger than the Mercury Lounge. Moshing should be expected. It is a ticketbastard venue but you can bypass the service charge by purchasing tickets with cash at the box office Monday thru Saturday 12 to 6. It is located just east of Union Square in Manhattan, on Irving Place. (Easily accessible from the N,R,4,5,and 6 subways - 14th Street/Union Square stop.) For further information about Irving Plaza without my snide comments - http://www.irvingplaza.com Love, Brooks ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 14:31:38 -0500 Message-ID: <970102143137_1856028974@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLT etc. >Okay, I am wondering something: Just how good a design for a >t-shirt can be made on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper? Ah, see. I made a TMBG shirt for the concert with my computer, and it could also only be that size, because that's the biggest size of an image that could fit on a sheet of printer paper. They must do it similarly. >Anyways, for this new t-shirt, somebody needs to tell me >something about the new TMBG hats, *snip* > But I don't know the colors. Shrug. Please respond. I got the hat sunday at the concert, and it's lovlier that I thought. Wow, for those Conan necklaces, they must have actually *cut* the hats. Mine is *not* a patch. It tends to look different in different lighting, but here's what it looks like now-- T (red), M (olive green), B (turquoise), G (yellow) >would say that a large portion of TMBG fans (at least >evidenced from prior posts about ppl's favorite albums) agree >that Apollo 18 is their best album, thus containing some of >their best songs. Yeah. And I was one of them yesterday. But having not listened to Lincoln for a while, today I decided _that's_ my fave currently. "One piiiiillll, at the bottom, is singin' my favorite song..." >4.)Songs in the Key of X---Various---Don't know what I >wanted out of this but then when was the last good >soundtrack or compilation anyway? Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy ObTMBG: At the concert (and yes, I can't stop talking about it till they come back in April!), the girl to my left was suprisingly also singing all the words to Older...hmm... Hey girl, are you on the list by any chance? :D MoreObTMBG: Listening to Piece Of Dirt, I still cannot hear Flans say "wish that I could jump out of my skin". It'll always be "wish that I could jump out of my .sig" to me..Hee hee..Thanks Ruprecht.. :D ~sarah, who was up till 3am watching a James Spader movie. :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org "I don't want to change your mind, I don't want to think about your mind, they say love is blind, I don't think you're blind." - TMBG http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970102150250.006aba60@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 15:02:53 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Hello worth dough? For more rhyming fun, check out these books at your local library... Just kidding, of course; Don't read anything you're not forced to :) Anyway, those of you who have the entire Hello collection (all the years), or just 1996, is it worth the money? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32CC1D06.4737@trib.infi.net> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 15:39:34 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Shirts I remember the shirt thing coming up back in February, last year. They never took off. The name was going to be World's Address, with a letterbox on the back that said, "You never know what you'll find in your letterbox tomorrow" Then the address, majordomo@tmbg.org I still think that that would be cool.... -- Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://boba.home.ml.org http://wendyrulz.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32CC3C03.61A4@netnitco.net> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 14:51:47 -0800 From: Melissa Cowan Subject: Re: TMBG: Shirts BOBA wrote: > > I remember the shirt thing coming up back in February, last year. They > never took off. The name was going to be World's Address, with a > letterbox on the back that said, "You never know what you'll find in > your letterbox tomorrow" Then the address, majordomo@tmbg.org > > I still think that that would be cool.... > -- > Matthew Ondrey > > Boba@tmbg.org > > http://boba.home.ml.org > http://wendyrulz.home.ml.org that's cool, but we'd have to change the address on there to tmbg-list@tmbg.org. Also, was World's Address on the front or was everything on back. Should They Might Be Giants appear on the shirt or should we just wait for people to ask us about the shirt and then explain the address and who They are? Trillian ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701022116.QAA04968@one.net> From: "Doug Haas" Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 16:16:51 +0005 Subject: Re: TMBG: Shirts > BOBA wrote: > > > > I remember the shirt thing coming up back in February, last year. They > > never took off. The name was going to be World's Address, with a > > letterbox on the back that said, "You never know what you'll find in > > your letterbox tomorrow" Then the address, majordomo@tmbg.org > > > > I still think that that would be cool.... > that's cool, but we'd have to change the address on there to > tmbg-list@tmbg.org. Also, was World's Address on the front or was > everything on back. Should They Might Be Giants appear on the shirt or > should we just wait for people to ask us about the shirt and then > explain the address and who They are? no, the address would stay the same. if they want info, it's majordomo. the actual list is tmbg-list, and that wouldn't get them very far. ------------------------------ From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: Flans' eye GOUGED OUT AT CONCERT! Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 18:04:55 -0500 Message-Id: <199701022318.2738300@rma.edu> > Let's hope not. Apparently the show was cut short and Flans was not > happy about being hit in the eye with a large heavy object (surprise). > I think they should have played an appropriate part of Fingertips to > single the guy out, though... OK! I've heard TOTALLY conflicting stories of this...someone yesterday said it was a cup that was thrown and it didnt hit him. How could it hit him in the eye? Flans' usually wears glasses...doesn't he? So who was at the concert who actualyl saw this? --Cpdog ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 18:19:12 -0500 Message-ID: <970102181911_1009828301@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: the OMLT yet again... *don't* skip!, MST3k Could the MST3k reference that everyone is psyched about be to the movie and not the band? Just a thought. Anyway: my e-mail sounds like a barnyard as of late. :) It seems there is plenty of interest in this shirt project. Therefore, unless anyone objects, I declare myself Supreme Dictator of the OMLT. (Not that I'm power-hungry or anything! :) ) I can handle taking orders, dealing with the company, and probably shipping by myself, and it would actually probably be easier that way. However, I'd love for someone else to handle design. There seem to be plenty of volunteers, and design is really the first order of business to be decided, so you folks need to work out who's in charge of that. While we're on the subject, let me reiterate: the design needs to be on a 8.5x11 piece of paper and be b&w and camera-ready... that is, either a print-out or a crisp drawing would be nice. xOkay, I am wondering something: Just how good a design for a t-shirt can xbe made on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper? Most shirt designs are bigger than xthat. Like, all of 'em. Well, don't worry... they *can* handle enlargements. Don't worry about size right now. Just worry about actual design content. We'll deal with the rest later. **READ THIS** Thank you. If you are interested in a shirt... and regardless of whatever you may have already sent me, for all you barnyard animals out there... please send me e-mail with "I WANT ONE!" in the subject (I don't care what's in the body), and do it by the 15th, please. I'm giving some extra time for those of you who are still on break from college, you undeserving wenches. I just want to get a ballpark count of how many shirts we're in the market for, and more is better, since bulk orders get nice fat discounts. Don't freak if you read this 3 weeks from now and still want a shirt. I'll give more warning when I'm actually taking orders. My address: Christi587@aol.com or little.glowing.friend@tmbg.org. Any suggestions, moral support, marriage proposals, etc can be addressed to the same place. Happy new year... And send those orders in ASAP! I want to be able to quote you guys some prices soon! :) --Christy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970102191114.006aad40@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 19:11:17 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: the OMLT yet again... *don't* skip!, MST3k At 06:19 PM 1/2/97 -0500, you wrote: >Could the MST3k reference that everyone is psyched about be to the movie and >not the band? Just a thought. I may be going out on a limb, but I'd say that the band Might Be a little more popular than the movie. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970102192300.006ac878@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 19:23:02 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: I declare that I'm an island / Shirt design I declare myself Supreme High Ruler Of Collection Of Possible Shirt Designs For The They Might Be Giants Official Mailing List T-Shirts. So I'll collect designs from people and conduct the vote collecting for which one is best, and maybe even put up a web page for it. I'll do this unless someone else REALLY REALLY wants to do it. Shirt design Okay. If I'm gonna do this, I need people to send me their shirt designs (So I can put them up on a web page). If you're doing it on a computer, please make it REALLY big so it won't look like shit on the shirt (And If you use Corel Draw or something like that, export to JPEG format before you send it). If you're just gonna draw it, then you can scan it in, I guess, or have someone scan it in for you. That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 19:24:11 -0500 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <32CC51AB.7A0@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: MST&my sister is insane! Peter J. Kesting wrote: > >This isn't half as cool as that, but I heard that once during a > >commercial for the MST movie The Guitar was playing in the background. > > > >-Mismirilda > Was it the music from "In the jungle" part cause then the music was probably > refering to "In the Jungle" not really The Guitar I didn't hear it for myself, a friend of mine told me about it. But since the lyrics/overall sound is different in The Guitar, I think it actually was the Guitar. TMBG has stole my darling little sister!!!!! I thought I wasn't doing any harm. Let her hear some albums. Make a tape of TMBG songs that she liked. But now she's gone too far. She walks around the house singing They songs. She comes up to me and asks "What's going to happen to Chess Piece Face?" The other day she asked me if I had a birdhouse in my soul, and when I said that I didn't know she told me I'd better make one, then. Today she asked for a freak flag, so she could raise it. My mother had a box of mix to make flan, the custard-thing. She left it alone for a day, and when she went to get it an 's' had been added to the word 'flan', and glasses had been drawn onto the picture of the custard. Please, help me! I've created a monster! =o -Mismirilda =) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 19:41:31 -0500 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19961203094636.2ad744d0@pop.mindspring.com> From: Kilroy Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG anime A One of these was a series of Japanese anime >music videos. One of them was for Particle Man and it was excellent!! >The video fit the song perfectly. I'm pretty sure they made these >videos to the various songs. I forgot to ask him where this came from >but I will try to find out if I see him again. That is so cool! Please email me with the company's name if you ever do find out. Russ Josephson, you should see if you can put that on the next video bootleg. -Kilroy Future purveyor of Melon Carnage. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Mayor Golding takes it up the a$$ from the G.O.P. ------------------------------ From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: OMLT Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 19:52:27 -0500 Message-Id: <199701030104.2749100@rma.edu> OK! Theres now about 100 people who claim to be in charge of the OMLT...narrow it down to one folks... ------------------------------ Date: 3 Jan 1997 03:12:37 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bbf91c$7574a5c0$5cb007cb@mobile> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: Re: John Henry 2-CD > Confused, I pulled it out and noticed it was a 2 disc set, and it said > something about the Australian Tour, and unreleased live versions. > I would just like to say that it is so great living in Australia! Not only did FS become available 4 days after most of you in the States had it, not only did the government funded youth radio station TripleJ make it their Feature Album (meaning 1 song per hour ALL WEEK LONG) and not only did I manage to buy the S-E-X-X-Y single on 12" vinyl as early as Dec 27, we had this mega-cool tour edition come out in May 95. I think others here have it, and it si referred to as Live In New York. Definately buy it. NOW!!!!! -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 21:16:16 -0800 From: Kevin Wallace Message-ID: <32CC9620.58C8@geocities.com> Organization: Reaper's Image Software Subject: TMBG: I am Not Your Broom Wow... I was wandering around the 'net today, and I mosied on into the TMBG website and just kinda ran amok, and then I found something that I'd never seen afore.... A TMBG video of Linnel singing I am Not Your Broom, which I can only guess he wrote just for the heck of it... Anyone, all of you TMBG fanatics who want it, it's accessible via http://www.tmbg.com/quantity/cam.html Kevin Wallace ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 01:23:20 -0400 (EDT) From: Fransburgh Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans' eye GOUGED OUT AT CONCERT! Message-id: On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Tim Clark wrote: > OK! I've heard TOTALLY conflicting stories of this...someone yesterday said > it was a cup that was thrown and it didnt hit him. How could it hit him in > the eye? Flans' usually wears glasses...doesn't he? So who was at the > concert who actualyl saw this? ok...as far as i know, it looked like a random object, not normal enough to be a tennis ball...i think it was a wadded-up cup or piece of paper...looked kinda yellowish. it seemed to be a glancing blow on the side of flans's face, not a major concussive kind of thing (though enough to piss one off). from the way it looked, it probably wasn't meant to hit him exactly, but someone got lucky (or unlucky, as the case may be). it was more on a matter of principle of having stuff thrown at him that he got pissed, not that he was in any real pain...or maybe it hurt, i don't know...he did take his glasses off and rub the side of his face (about where the side of the glasses go over the spot between the eye and ear is where it appeared to have hit...) well, after that large dissertation... --fran ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-2 ****************************