Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 20 Tuesday, 21 January 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Monopuff TMBG: Mono Puff TMBG: UK T-shirt orders TMBG: Re: MONOPUFF Re: TMBG: Re: Live!! NY Re: TMBG: European tour dates? Re: TMBG: Mono Puff TMBG: European Dates TMBG: Back again... TMBG: Stupid hat logo!! Re: TMBG: campaigning for the OMLT (VOTE FOR KEVIN!) Re: TMBG: campaigning for the OMLT TMBG: The Guitar CD-single TMBG: Re: Cardigans Re: TMBG: The Guitar CD-single Re: TMBG: The Guitar CD-single +sorry TMBG: a movie Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: FamousName@aol.com Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 02:28:16 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970120022814_1858741540@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Monopuff In a message dated 97-01-19 18:16:44 EST, busterbunny@acmeonline.net (Buster T. Bunny) writes: << > From: Phurr@aol.com > > Is Unsupervised a really really really good album? Because I want to know if > I should buy it for $15 at the music store. I really rather liked Unsupervised, but then again I like alot of things...in my humble opinion (which isnt much) I woud say its worth the 15 bucks. >> I have heard someone say that Monopuff sounds a great deal like TMBG. In fact, someone said that one track on FS is Monopuff with Linnell singing vocal or something (I can't agree that this is true, but we are all entitled to our opinions after all). If they are just like TMBG, then we should all buy Monopuff albums because they are the same, right? Will someone make a non-partisan comparison, please? Joseph Dowdy ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:25:26 +0000 (GMT) From: D Robertson Subject: TMBG: Mono Puff Message-ID: Don't interrupt me as I... Personally I don't think too much off Unsupervised. If you're goiing to compare it to TMBG's stuff then I'd probably say it was like all their bad stuff! In my opinion most of the tracks are a little too slow and boring, some are OK, Guitar was the Case and Unsupervised I hit My Head but other than that there's no real tracks that stand out and say "Hey, I'm great! Listen to me again please sir" as I seem to be outvoterd on this issue I probably wouldn't bother listnening to me, If I were you I'd try and get someone to copy it first, then see if you want to buy it. _______________________________________________________________________________ Douglas Robertson "I wonder which brat-pack Hollywood star has Derwent College the biggest-" said Danny University of York "Number of Oscar nominations?" Mickey asked. Heslington "Dick" said Danny York "DANNY!" said Mickey YO1 5DD "Dick Whitby." said Danny, "He has the biggest number of Oscar nominations" FLUMCAKE ON-LINE:It's got more words than your average cabbage patch. http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/flumcake ...struggle to complete this thought ________________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:53:04 +0000 From: iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk (Mark Iles) Subject: TMBG: UK T-shirt orders Howyeh Listers, I ordered a couple of T-shirts from Their catalogue back at the end of November, but haven't got them yet. Is anyone else still waiting or know how much longer I can expect to be T-shirtless (remembering that I'm in England)? Thanks, Mark __________________________________________________________________________ Look I've found out how to get a signature at the end. And I've even got a pretentious quote to include: "The greater is the beauty, The profounder is the stain, Humanity, Significant of the forbidden is transgressed in eroticism" Laetitia Sadier ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ Mark Iles, Tel: (0113) 2064573 Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Fax: (0113) 2340183 Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory, Email: iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk St James' University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, U.K. ____________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Date: 20 Jan 1997 12:12:47 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc06a2$8d1eb600$LocalHost@mobile> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: Re: MONOPUFF MIKE wrote in article <199701192248.RAA14034@garnet2.acns.fsu.edu>... > It's an excellent album--go right now and get it!! Not only does it have > one of the best instrumentals i've heard (guitar was the case I still reckon it's the music from Hall Of Heads. -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:06:29 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199701201406.JAA18347@CLEMSON.EDU> From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Live!! NY At 11:35 AM 1/19/97 -0800, you wrote: >Based on all the info, I assume he got it at The Finest CDs and tapes, I >recently got theer cat and saw it there, and the shipping prices fit. I got it from Mod Lang in California, but apparently they've sold all their copies... :< -Adam Tyner /========================================\ Adam Tyner 0- ctyner@awod.com http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ Home of He-Man, Weird Al, MST3K, and more! ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:03:22 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970120090321_1658272543@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: European tour dates? BilyGdzliy@aol.com wrote: >I am in desperate need of European tour dates for TMBG. If I go to the web >site all I get is stinking US dates. What I need specifically is the date(s) >for the concert(s) in or around Munich, Germany. Are any dates set yet? Are >They even coming to Germany? How about Austria, too? Are They going to be in Austria in, say, the summertime? WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO BE IN THE SUMMER???? (Or maybe they would assume their Austrian fans would just go to Muncih.) Wouldn't it be cool if They came to Austria and I was the only one who showed up for the concert? Heeee heee heee heee heee. (I have no idea how big Their European audience is.) well, anyways. -phurr ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:16:26 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970120091625_816372920@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Mono Puff In a message dated 97-01-20 05:39:41 EST, dr109@york.ac.uk (D Robertson) writes: << If I were you I'd try and get someone to copy it first, then see if you want to buy it. __________________________________________________ >> OK- someone want to copy it for little ol' me???? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:56:49 +0000 (GMT) From: "PHIL MOSS, JMU MARKETING OFFICER" Subject: TMBG: European Dates Message-id: <01IEFUZ3DM0E8Y7XD1@vax.livjm.ac.uk> I've just spoken to the guy at Free Trade, London (Their European booking agency) by blagging them that I'm a freelance journo who's looking to do a review of Their UK concert. Anyways I told this bloke that I'd checked out the official web site, but it didn't list any Euro dates. He said that's because they don't know when They're coming to Europe, and before he put the phone down on me, he said I should keep checking the web. This is a complete pain in the arse because my job involves me travelling about the place, and I sometimes get booked up months in advance. So if Leo, or anyone, has any inside info from "over the pond", please could you let us Euros know. Cheers, Phil ================================ http://www.livjm.ac.uk/~egppmoss ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 12:58:30 -0500 (EST) From: Pudge Subject: TMBG: Back again... Message-ID: Hi all! This is just a note that I have returned to the list after my month long break. I will be back on the air at WTSR 91.3 FM in Trenton every Friday from 11am-2pm starting on 1/24. As always, I will be playing TMBG to start my show. The number of songs I can play will grow because I got Apollo 18 and Factory Showroom on CD for Christmas. Later, Craig P.S. Any TMBG shows in NJ any time soon? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:08:35 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Stupid hat logo!! Message-ID: I need someone to tell me, again, the colors of the little bubbles on the new TMBG hat symbol, that looks like this T M B G You know. I also need to know the colors of the letters. I would appreciate an answer ASAP. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 20 Jan 97 16:20 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: campaigning for the OMLT (VOTE FOR KEVIN!) >Seriously, everyone go to the site http://omlt.home.ml.org and vote for >your choice. (But if you vote for mine, I will love all of you) > >Just realized that that may not be a good thing.... Vote for Kevin's, because he's a cool frood. ;) Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "I stand on my head and watch it all go away." -Rancid "Junkie Man" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 16:45:11 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199701202145.QAA13433@CLEMSON.EDU> From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: campaigning for the OMLT At 04:20 PM 1/20/97 EST, you wrote: >>Seriously, everyone go to the site http://omlt.home.ml.org and vote for >>your choice. (But if you vote for mine, I will love all of you) >> >>Just realized that that may not be a good thing.... > > Vote for Kevin's, because he's a cool frood. ;) I'll be popping my design up sometime later tonight. I have some pretty stiff competition though!!!! The only problem I have w/ the 3rd submission is that the tmbg.org is kind of hard to make out. Other than that, they're all great shirts I wouldn't mind wearing. :> Hope you think the same of mine too. ;> -Adam Tyner /========================================\ Adam Tyner 0- ctyner@awod.com http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ Home of He-Man, Weird Al, MST3K, and more! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701210139.RAA17037@dfw-ix8.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: TMBG: The Guitar CD-single Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:37:57 -0800 Well I never bought the Guitar CD single back when the album came out, despite seeing it several times, and lately I was unlucky in my search for it, until I found a site place called CD-Now (strangely enough they have the url http://www.cd-now.com), they have the Guitar UK single for $7 Canadian I believe (which is less than 6 bucks U.S.!)... what a bargain! Let's see if they can produce it in the 3 weeks or so they claim... .......Charles Box ...babble@ix.netcom.com .....'hopelessly fighting the devil futility .........feeling the monster climb deeper inside of me ....feeling him gnawing my heart away hungrily...' ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 20:44:33 -0500 From: Leo Bicknell Message-ID: <32E41F81.5C7E@dimension.net> Organization: Dimension Enterprises Subject: TMBG: Re: Cardigans Matthew James wrote: > Are any TMBG Giantheads going to see the Cardigans at the 9:30 Club > in Washington, DC on Feb 8 by any chance? I'm looking to go but I > can't think of any Cardigan fans. If you may remember they opened for > TMBG in Boston. Are they a one hit wonder, or do they have other good stuff. I like that Cardigans song that they keep playing on MTV, but I don't know any of their other work. ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: The Guitar CD-single Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:26:22 -0600 Message-ID: <19970121032621051.AAA291@ppp179.baraboo.com> >Well I never bought the Guitar CD single back when the album came out, >despite seeing it several times, and lately I was unlucky in my search for >it, until I found a site place called CD-Now (strangely enough they have >the url http://www.cd-now.com), they have the Guitar UK single for $7 >Canadian I believe (which is less than 6 bucks U.S.!)... what a bargain! >Let's see if they can produce it in the 3 weeks or so they claim... > > > >.......Charles Box >...babble@ix.netcom.com >.....'hopelessly fighting the devil futility >.........feeling the monster climb deeper inside of me >....feeling him gnawing my heart away hungrily...' > > ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: The Guitar CD-single +sorry Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:28:34 -0600 Message-ID: <19970121032833181.AAA366@ppp179.baraboo.com> Sorry about that last blank reply! i am tired so i just wound up hitting reply then send :P sohere m actual reply: >Well I never bought the Guitar CD single back when the album came out, >despite seeing it several times, and lately I was unlucky in my search for >it, until I found a site place called CD-Now (strangely enough they have >the url http://www.cd-now.com), they have the Guitar UK single for $7 >Canadian I believe (which is less than 6 bucks U.S.!)... what a bargain! >Let's see if they can produce it in the 3 weeks or so they claim... > > Thats cool! i want that! but i'm wondering - does the uk release have any different tracks? if so could someone tell me what? Thanks, -Wyatt Glodell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32E4695C.4D9F@cyberjunction.net> Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:59:40 -0800 From: "Spider!" Organization: NEE! Subject: TMBG: a movie I was watching a movie today and They were mentioned by this guy. This girl said to him you can't start a band with two people and he replied, tell that to They Might Be Giants! What an unexpected little surprise!! Aarti ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-20 *****************************