Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-200 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 200 Sunday, 20 July 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... Re: TMBG: Viva Oops TMBG: Re: new years in poughkipsee TMBG: OMLC TMBG: Re:TMBG B-Day Card TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-199 TMBG: Key Chain? TMBG: My Bootleg page, etc... Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... Re: TMBG: Key Chain? Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... TMBG: confusion TMBG: Any Space Ghost news? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 00:02:12 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... Message-ID: <19970719.000216.16838.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:31:13 -0400 Kelley Kent writes: >I really don't see J&J as "glory hounds." I think They do it >all for their fans and because they have fun. Course, that's >just me. > Guys, DOn;t get me wrong from my posting the question because i agree 100% with this... "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33D06462.387B@rica.net> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 02:53:22 -0400 From: joey groah Subject: Re: TMBG: Viva Oops Jordan1c@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 97-07-18 15:31:32 EDT, you write: > > << Eric- no glasses, blonde, facial hair, well liked > > Graham- glasses, frizzy brown hair, not so popular >> > > WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You are VERY confused. Everyone likes Graham, most > people hate Eric. And Graham does NOT wear Glasses, nor does he have frizzy > hair. Yep, sorry again. Late for work, not checking myself. Kidding about glasses and tattos and turbans, glad I didn't go with lame Linel and Slansburg. Joey, halfway competent at the whole right shoe left shoe thing,back to lurking, remembering why ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 03:43:30 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970719034329_506452230@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: new years in poughkipsee In a message dated 7/19/97 8:15:35 AM, you wrote: >Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale for this thing? I'm >talking about the Dec 31, 1997 concert in Poughkeepsie, NY. Being >in Ohio and a poor college student, I'd rather not call long >distance, only to be put on hold forever. And the Cincinnati TM >office said I had to call Albany's TM location. If any nice NY >TMBG fan would like to call and maybe find out for us, I and >the rest of us interested in going would be greatly thankful. :^) i think thats a ticketmaster error from last year but since this is the nth time its come up in a few days i'll call in the morning and post if its for real. remembering last years nye confusion (which ended in Blues Traveler eew), ~liz "dont stand by me... or i'll revolve around you"- candy butchers ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 04:08:28 -0400 Subject: TMBG: OMLC Message-ID: <19970719.040830.13670.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Was there any progress in the discussion of the OMLC? Was it decided to be too rediculous a concept? Fill me in. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33D088CA.4960@pacificnet.net> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 02:28:43 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re:TMBG B-Day Card Jake wrote: >Remember the song "Extra Savior-Faire"? >I was at a drug store and I was looking in the card section and there was a >birthday card that had a drawing of a woman at a table and the front read: >"Happy Birthday to the man with Savoir-Faire" >and then when you opened it up and it read: >"Savoir-Faire is french for farts that would even gag a maggot" >Crude but effective. >Jake >"TV movies, made for TV" -Papas Fritas >http://members.aol.com/mrshow/index.html Did they also have a get well card with a cartoon nurse? (RE: Papas Fritas: WOW! Someone else out there likes them?! ) -B O N G O _________________________________ "Which side of the tracks are you on? Both sides because the world is round." -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 06:08:53 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970719060852_1724574521@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-199 In a message dated 97-07-19 03:15:35 EDT, you write: << Did they make a TMBG key chain, that had the shape of the key with the teeth being the letters TMBG? or was i halucinating? I wanted to order it, but i cant find it in the newleter, or the web site now... did they stop making them :( >> They did make them, because I have one that I ordered through the catalog about 2 years ago. I have no idea if they're still being made, but it is by far the coolest keychain I've ever had (it attract a lot of stupid questions). ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 13:35:23 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Key Chain? Message-ID: <19970719.133524.3358.0.stephsharer@juno.com> From: stephsharer@juno.com (Stephanie E Sharer) <> yes they did but they stopped making it. when the tmbg homepage first came out they had it for sale in the online catalog but when i tried to order the key chain (and the poster) they sent my a thing saying they stopped making them. by the way-does anyone know where i can get a tmbg poster? i've been looking for one for a LONG time and i can't get one. ~Stephanie ------------------------------ From: Madcup1@aol.com Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 14:09:59 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970719140958_1791303799@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: My Bootleg page, etc... First of all, i just finished my *updated* bootleg page, it's not much, but i'm working on it... http://www.angelfire.com/il/Madcup/index.html... maybe if I could learn HTML coding it would look a lot better. No... that requires too much effort. Visit my page if you'd like to trade. I do accept blanks 2:1 if anyone is interested. -Jeff Cox "This world's too cold, so I'm gonna go, I'm moving to the sun"- TMBG By the way... If anyone can can come up with any TMBG rarities that they are willing to part with, i could pay big money for them (i.e. the guitar, i palindrome i, statue got me high, posters , promo cds , etc...) just e-mail me and I'll make an offer, you will then respond by saying "h-e-double-l no" and I will then raise my offer a couple hundred dollars...you get the point. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... Message-ID: <19970719.163201.4687.4.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 16:40:53 EDT >Not me. I mean, with Factory Showroom, they only had one single and >made no >videos, which kind of makes it hard for them to have a hit. Ok I was in Hills (a local dept. store) a while back and you know those machines where you press the picture of an album and it shows a clip from the video? There was one of those machines there and it had a picture of FS! I pressed it and low and behold an original video clip from S-E-X-X-Y!! I don't remember much I do remember seeing "The Guy" in it though...if They made no videos then what was that? Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com "The words I'm (writing) now mean nothing more than meow to an animal" ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:31:09 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970719173108_193454621@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... In a message dated 97-07-19 16:44:15 EDT, you write: > Ok I was in Hills (a local dept. store) a while back and you know those > machines where you press the picture of an album and it shows a clip from > the > video? There was one of those machines there and it had a picture of FS! > I pressed it and low and behold an original video clip from S-E-X-X-Y!! > I don't remember much I do remember seeing "The Guy" in it though...if > They > made no videos then what was that? > Ooops, sorry, well, I thought they hadn't made a video for the album; at least that's what I heard, anyway. Patrick, or "How I learned to Stop Comaplining and screw up every piece of information that comes my way, I'm sorry, I'm wrong always, I feel like crap now" ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 19 Jul 97 19:53 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Key Chain? >by the way-does anyone know where i can get a tmbg poster? i've been >looking for one for a LONG time and i can't get one. Ditto. Rocky supposedly had one in his backseat for me from the Calvin show, but I never got it... (Fill, can't you *do* something?! ;)) Anyway, I need one. Do they still make that JH poster? Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 19 Jul 97 19:56 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: New LIST-FILLING ? of the day...it's good.... >> I pressed it and low and behold an original video clip from S-E-X-X-Y!! >> I don't remember much I do remember seeing "The Guy" in it though...if >> They >> made no videos then what was that? >Ooops, sorry, well, I thought they hadn't made a video for the album; at >least that's what I heard, anyway. I believe that Sneak Previews video was strung-together clips from other TMBG videos, not a new video. So Patrick, you're not wrong; you can stop hiding in the corner. :) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970719163410.0073cacc@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:00:44 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: confusion > Now for my main point: we should create a call that we scream out in >public and any other They fans would reply with a set reply ex.: first >person says "I was born in a lighthouse" other They fans reply "My >mother was the sea". But, this would give Them publicity (which They >don't seem to like). On the other hand, it's a great way to meet other >fans or stick out like a sore thumb and get made fun of. I'm a very >self-destructive little boy. Aren't you, though. :) Your suggestion is an interesting one, except... Most listies meet at concerts. TMBG concerts, like those of most other cult bands, are attended mostly by people already familiar with the work. Yelling out TMBG lyrics will not adequately separate the listies from the non-listies, since non-listies can and probably will respond. My method is to yell "LIST?!" at the top of my lungs and see who responds. This accomplishes two goals: 1) It summons listies. 2) Everyone backs away from me in fear, and I get a bit more breathing room. :) >Did they make a TMBG key chain, that had the shape of the key with >the teeth being the letters TMBG? or was i halucinating? I wanted to order >it, but i cant find it in the newleter, or the web site now... did they stop >making them :( Yes, no, and yes, unfortunately. :( I still have mine; it's way kewl. >Eric- no glasses, blonde, facial hair, well liked >Graham- glasses, frizzy brown hair, not so popular You've got their relative popularities backwards (Eric was greeted with immense dislike by the online TMBG community, Graham is considered "one of the gang"), and anyway I thought that Graham had no glasses and straight brown hair, but then again I've only seen TMBG twice (once with Brian/Eric/Graham, once with Dan/Graham) so I don't know fer sure. You may be getting Brian and/or Dan into the equation, which would further complicate matters. --nicole the wonder nerd has crushed my evil heart *** "Here's hoping you don't become a robot! Bang bang clang clang... whoops, too late."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org #include std_disclaimer ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 23:05:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970719230534_525929470@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Any Space Ghost news? I believe the new season of Space Ghost is underway, so I was wondering if those of you fortunate enough to have the Cartoon Network have been watching it for Flans' alleged appearance, perhaps on the anniversary special that either just aired or will be airing soon. If I'm not mistaken, Flans taped it when They were in Atlanta for a show (Linnell wasn't there for the taping 'cause he missed the plane or something), so I would assume that's where the Cartoon Network is based. So if anyone (ideally in the Atlanta area) has the phone number too the Cartoon Network handy and feels like giving them a call to find out when Flans' episode will air (or at least get a confirmation that he will be on), I and I'm sure many other listees would greatly appreciate it!! Kay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-200 ******************************