Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-204 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 204 Thursday, 24 July 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: PODAS II TMBG: James Ensor in Halloween / Bootlegs TMBG: A note about bootlegs TMBG: MIKE IS BACK!!! TMBG: TMBG paraphernalia Re: TMBG: A note about bootlegs TMBG: Mike's illness (fwd) Mike's illness TMBG: OldFriend's take on The End of the Tour TMBG: Flood(ing) TMBG: flood videos, school supplies, and hotdogs Re: TMBG: flood videos, school supplies, and hotdogs TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? Re: TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? Re: TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? Re: TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? Re: TMBG: flood videos, school supplies, and hotdogs TMBG: Re: Road Movie without Hope and Crosby? TMBG: FS By-Genre... TMBG: Re: MIKE IS BACK!!! TMBG: Another Conquerer Returns Somewhat Victorious TMBG: ***NON-TMBG*** LotharCo TMBG: A note about THIS LIST...bye Re: TMBG: A note about bootlegs TMBG: Bootlegs Re: TMBG: Bootlegs TMBG: RE: jenny mccarthy show Re: TMBG: RE: jenny mccarthy show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 02:32:22 -0400 Message-Id: <199707230632.CAA07488@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: PODAS II Hey all, Just letting you know that I will be getting the eMPTY: PODAS 2 compilation soon, and will be trading with anyone who wants it. I'll let you know when I get it! Kris ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 06:24:16 -0400 Message-Id: <2.2.16.19970723062239.25e7d016@mail.one.net> From: Chris Combs Subject: TMBG: James Ensor in Halloween / Bootlegs > I did not see this with my naked eyes, but my naked friend swears > that he saw a print of a James Ensor painting in Jamie Lee Curtis's > room in the horror film _Halloween_ . He even says that Ensor's name > is at the bottom of the print. (it's a poster reproduction). Anyone > seen this? I've seen it. In fact, I think I made a stink about it on this list last November. ----------------- > I just wanted to let you all know that The Denominator's Little > Bootleg Empire is REQUESTING 2:1 trades! > > http://centum.utulsa.edu/~MAXWELLKD/www/boot.html > Kris -THE DENOMINATOR- Maxwell Please please please do the 2:1 trade with Kris. I want my tapes, and I can't get them unless a sudden surge of blanks pours forth (BTW: Kris is the first person to get a copy of PODAS 2 from me, it might be a good idea to get on The Denominator's good side). ;) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- http://goatboy.home.ml.org/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:22:18 -0600 Subject: TMBG: A note about bootlegs Message-ID: <19970723.092244.6462.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Okay, so everyone here's my proposal then: We have one day (even one day a month) where we all just post our bootleg pages and that be that I'm still for doing something like this tho: ******************************************************* "Count the arms, the legs, and heads and then divide by five" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html <---GO THERE!!! IT"S FUN TO TRADE BOOTLEGS...what you say you don't have anything to trade? I TAKE blanks!!! =) ******************************************************** ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:16:42 -0600 Subject: TMBG: MIKE IS BACK!!! Message-ID: <19970723.092244.6462.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Hey HEy Everbody... SO it turns out mike DIDN't move to the sun as i first predicted. Mike it's KWel that you're OK and we're all happy to have you back! I'm glad to say that once Mike gets back on the digest I won't have to feel teh need to fill these lists everyday! =) SO, I guess that Christy the SHoe GOddess person thing is the only one left on teh moon.... she took all the OMLT's there too! "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:13:00 -0600 Subject: TMBG: TMBG paraphernalia Message-ID: <19970723.092244.6462.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) >Well, for one thing, i KNOW that there exists the hat with the FS TMBG logo >on it... TMBGirl has one, I saw it at the Lawrence, Kansas show :) Tis true I have BOTH the FS logo hat and the THEY hat (signed by flans, graham, and dan) >ALso, you should check out tmbg.com for some of their merchandise, or see if >you can get intot he info club (they never sent me anything in response to >my membership request....grrrrrr) They have t-shirts and stickers and coffee >mugs and the like. TMBG.com is more updated than the last info club letter... like there is a new and improved mouse pad... i think it has www.tmbg.com on it but i dunno/// >I have found my own way of making TMBG paraphernalia, however. I got some >of those nigty t-shirt transfers for my printer and make as many ORIGINAL >TMBG shirts and I can stand (read "afford to print") ! It's great! Heheheee, I do this too, However I usually make Jewlery and the such (like the sterling silver THEY ring i made and gave to linny) I make My own keychains too... The last one I made was sterling silver and said THEY like on Misc. T. I make patches too... they RICK the house cuz they are the KWelest oidjfoia's around "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:36:35 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: A note about bootlegs At 15:22 -0000 7/23/97, I have no Name wrote: >Okay, >so everyone here's my proposal then: > >We have one day (even one day a month) where we all just post our bootleg >pages and that be that stop whining about the stupid bootlegs... people posting their bootleg lists and such is probably the most useful thing on this list >I'm glad to say that once Mike gets back on the digest I won't have to >feel teh need to fill these lists everyday! =) you complain about people posting useful things, and then you openly admit that you're trying to "fill these lists", presumably with meaningless drivel... do me a favor, stop filling the list... TRippy ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199707231558.LAA17703@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Mike's illness (fwd) Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:58:15 -0400 (EDT) ----- Forwarded message from Nicole Carlson ----- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:54:25 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: From: Nicole Carlson Subject: Mike's illness > Hello, Hello! It's Mike Leffel here! Sorry I've been >gone for so long, but I've been quite ill and I just thought >I would peep in and say hello! >(*)The type of coma I fell into usually kills people off, or >at least severely damages their minds. I came out.. normal. > >God, I hate my life. *nicole slips into unaccustomed seriousness* I don't know what to say... Anyone know what hospital he's at? Any way to find out? Let's surprise him with cards! I'll try and find one with a cartoon nurse. :) --nicole "Because I think Mike is way kewl!" the wonder nerd *** "Once again, we find that clowning and anarchy do not mix!"--The Tick Nicole Carlson ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nicole@peacefire.org ----- End of forwarded message from Nicole Carlson ----- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33D62CE7.2F58@netins.net> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:10:15 -0500 From: Paul Tomlinson Subject: TMBG: OldFriend's take on The End of the Tour Hey all, This is probably my favorite song, and I've been thinking about what it means, here goes. There's a girl with a crown and a scepter Who's on WLSD And she says that the scene isn't what it's been And she's thinking of going home That it's old and it's totally over now And it's old and it's over, it's over now And it's over, it's over, it's over now I can see myself The girl is a female music star, and is the "queen" of the radio, gets lots of playtime on WLSD. However, she's sick of touring, the fans are getting on her nerves, she's going to quit touring. At the end of the tour When the road disappears If there's any more people around When the tour runs aground And if you're still around Then we'll meet at the end of the tour The engagements are booked through the end of the world So we'll meet at the end of the tour Never to part since the day we met Out on Interstate 91 I was bent metal you were a flaming wreck When we kissed at the overpass I was sailing along with the people Driving themselves to distraction inside me Then came a knock on the door which was odd And the picture abruptly changed The singer is a fan of the girl, and has been stalking her, hoping to meet her, but can't work up the courage to actually get close to her. Finally, he sees her while they're both driving on Interstate 91. He is overcomes with conflicting emotions, the people, and he loses control of the vehicle, crashing into hers. She is killed in a fiery wreck while he is put into a coma. At the end of the tour When the road disappears If there's any more people around When the tour runs aground And if you're still around Then we'll meet at the end of the tour The engagements are booked through the end of the world So we'll meet at the end of the tour This was the vehicle these were the people You opened the door and expelled all the people This was the vehicle these were the people You opened the door and expelled all the people This was the vehicle these were the people You let them go He is trapped in the coma, reliving the accident. The coma has dispelled all his emotions, expelling the people. Now all he has is his memories of the accident and her. That's where "Never to part" comes in. At the end of the tour When the road disappears If there's any more people around When the tour runs aground And if you're still around Then we'll meet at the end of the tour The engagements are booked through the end of the world So we'll meet at the end of the tour And we're never gonna tour again No, we're never gonna tour again The "you" is the girl. The singer is stuck in his coma, in the hospital. Only when the world ends, he dies, will the tour, his life, end. He hopes to meet her in the afterlife. ------------------------------ From: MrShow@aol.com Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:49:55 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970723124905_1422171509@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Flood(ing) Wow, a TMBG song relates to my life. Right now as I speak (type) my neighborhood is flooding with water. It rained all night long and this morning and has cause the river that is a football field away from my house to overrun and flow into my neighborhood. We live on a hill so we won't be flooded out of our home and the rain has stopped, but the water has come up to the tip of our driveway (Why do we park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?) Jake (the doorman) "Spice Girls are like your childern. You have to love them all." http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/7824 <---my TMBG site http://members.aol.com/mrshow/muff.html <---my Muffs web site ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199707231655.JAA24744@mailtod-111.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:55:16 -0500 Subject: TMBG: flood videos, school supplies, and hotdogs Well, I saw the Tiny Toon Adventures episode with Istanbul and Particle Man, and know I want to see the real videos. Does anyone know where I can find these (maybe someone could be nice enough to risk thier sanity for the list and beg MTV to play all Thier videos in one big block :-)? Does anyone notice how the word "hotdog" can be fitted into TMBG lyrics (actually, this works with any two syllable word)? He wants a hotddog, hotdog with fries; hotdog where are you?; Put your hand inside the hotdog bun etc. Lastly, are there any TMBG school supplies? I seriosly doubt this but I figure it's worth a try. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:33:19 -0700 (PDT) From: Robert Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: flood videos, school supplies, and hotdogs Message-ID: On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 expo67@webtv.net wrote: > Well, I saw the Tiny Toon Adventures episode with Istanbul and > Particle Man, and know I want to see the real videos. Does anyone know > where I can find these I've found them in my local Blockbuster video store. Bob Gonsalves, Pink Noise Studios http://www.pinknoiz.com/ ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 15:03:57 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970723150331_-223819147@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? > Pop works on one principle, and one principle alone: is catchy, will sell. This got me thinking, which usually isn't a good thing.... I've always considered TMBG to be an alternative duo/occaisonal band. This is because when I think "alternative," I don't think mainstream music that has the same sound. In other words, I think TMBG is truly alternative because it's hard to find another band out there with the same sound as Them. But then realized, hey, They kind of have a "pop" sound to them, and sometimes I find myself listening to a weird synthesized version of soft rock. This led me to call TMBG "AlternaPopRocks", but I think I was extrememly bored that day. Anyway, my point, and I do have one, is that I think that TMBG is truly alternative, yet I still have my doubts. What does everyone else think? And why is it everytime I see someone wear an STP shirt I immediately think they're very passionate about their gas additives? P.S. Don't answer the last question, because I'm not entirely sure why I asked it. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 23 Jul 97 15:17 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? >Anyway, my point, and I do have one, is that I think that TMBG is truly >alternative, yet I still have my doubts. What does everyone else think? Well, I think it depends on your definition of "alternative." If by "alternative" you mean what MTV considers alternative, like Bush or whatever, then I guess they aren't. But it you mean alternative as in something unconventional that doesn't appeal to as wide an audience, then yes, I think they'd be alternative. I tend to go with the latter - so much of what I listen to tends to defy categorization... And >why is it everytime I see someone wear an STP shirt I immediately think >they're very passionate about their gas additives? That's okay; I always think "Standard Temperature and Pressure." (Chemistry term; pay me no mind.) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:20:23 -0500 (CDT) From: "Jon Misc." Subject: Re: TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? Message-ID: I have to agree that TMBG is truly alternative. I've never heard another band that sounds like Them. To take it a little further, I's say They are in a class by themselves. Jonnie Coffman (Jon Misc.) On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 LePoopee@aol.com wrote: > > > > Pop works on one principle, and one principle alone: is catchy, will sell. > > This got me thinking, which usually isn't a good thing.... > > I've always considered TMBG to be an alternative duo/occaisonal band. This > is because when I think "alternative," I don't think mainstream music that > has the same sound. In other words, I think TMBG is truly alternative > because it's hard to find another band out there with the same sound as Them. > > > But then realized, hey, They kind of have a "pop" sound to them, and > sometimes I find myself listening to a weird synthesized version of soft > rock. This led me to call TMBG "AlternaPopRocks", but I think I was > extrememly bored that day. > > Anyway, my point, and I do have one, is that I think that TMBG is truly > alternative, yet I still have my doubts. What does everyone else think? And > why is it everytime I see someone wear an STP shirt I immediately think > they're very passionate about their gas additives? > > P.S. Don't answer the last question, because I'm not entirely sure why I > asked it. > > Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" > (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:31:04 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: Just what is TMBG?? Message-ID: On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 LePoopee@aol.com wrote: > Anyway, my point, and I do have one, is that I think that TMBG is truly > alternative, yet I still have my doubts. What does everyone else think? At least 90% of their stuff has a sound all its own. The rest only resembles Pop/Rock remotely. This would fit my description of Alternative: Anything that doesn't fit into any of the pre-existing musical categories. > And why is it everytime I see someone wear an STP shirt I immediately > think they're very passionate about their gas additives? And what about those people who go around wearing SPAM shirts? Are they really that passionate about meat wannabe? > Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" > (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) Jim -This message was not written by a grinning scarecrow sent to torture and maniputlate you.- ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 15:49:46 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970723154926_1928668819@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: flood videos, school supplies, and hotdogs > Lastly, are there any TMBG school supplies? I seriosly doubt this but > I figure it's worth a try. I don't know if there are any, but I sure would love to see some They Might Be Pencils, They Might Be Pens, They Might Be Giant 3-Inch Binders, and even They Might Be Protractors. I'd buy them. Patrick, or"How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33D673A9.687C@earthlink.net> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:12:09 -0800 From: Bing and Bob Subject: TMBG: Re: Road Movie without Hope and Crosby? This might be a dated reference for most on the list...but did anyone ever think there might be some relation between the song Road Movie to Berlin and the Bob Hope and Bing Crosby "Road Movies" (Road to Morroco, Road to Rio, Road to Utopia etc). After all there is a reference to the Lucy film "Long Long Trailor" and the Film Noir "39 Steps" All of these movies can be found in he good old classic section or rerunning on day time TV as the Noon Movie....Perchance the Johns prefer "classisc?" Perchance I have read to much into it? Perchance someone could reply with an opinion? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33D69D24.5B7B@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:09:08 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: TMBG: FS By-Genre... As there has been recent discussion of tmbg's genre and I had a small discussion last night about tmbg recent delving into genre parody, I thought I might make up the following grocery list for those who are less musically informed: Token Back To Brooklyn: TMBG's Style SEXXY: Funk (sorry, not RHCP) ending in Disco-esque strings, guitar reminiscent of hardrock prevelent in the 70's Till My Heads Falls Off: Pure TMBG writing mixed in with what appears to be badly performed grunge and gives me the idea that Bleach (first album by Nirvana) would be a more enjoyable listening experience, and then it repeats How Can I Sing Like A Girl: A more obvious stop in sixties rock has never been seen, the other influence being the Beatle's Free as a Bird or Blue Moon, interchangably Exquisite Dead Guy: The Second true throw back to tmbg of old, haboring no noticable resemblance to any as yet invented genre Metal Detector: Somewhat resembling a certain number of 70s glam rock songs with it's quiet beginnings going into the loud parts, unnecessary exact repetition after 2:00 minutes giving a full reminder of the alternative music that gets played on Mtv New York City: Aside from the bells at the beginning which give an idea of Vivaldi, or something, this song's "rip roarin'" attitude nearly completely gives it the tone of an unreleased track from a Hardrock album of the eighties (which is quite different from the 70s mentioned above) Your Own Worst Enemy: Though the organ makes me think of Counting Crows or even the Wallflowers, the confused Crosby, Stills and Nash line and Groucho Marx throws me completely into the carribean beat XTC vs. Adam Ant: I mentioned Glam Rock earlier, but this is more like it Spiralling Shape: Can you say "50s soap commercial?" After that, say "unnecessary rockin' ending" and you've got yourself a winner James K. Polk: A Folk Singer with with more than his usual jangly accoustic guitar and a singing saw (!?!) Pet Name: They had to visit funk just one more time, and this is it. I Can Hear You: A joke song in and of itself, naming its genre would be redundant The Bells Are Ringing: The Grinch Stole Christmas -- I'm the president of the United States of Love. --Hair -- http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970723161040.12235.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Fuchs" Subject: TMBG: Re: MIKE IS BACK!!! Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:10:37 PDT >Hey HEy Everbody... >SO it turns out mike DIDN't move to the sun as i first predicted. Mike >it's KWel that you're OK and we're all happy to have you back! > Thanks! ^_^ TMBG people are the nicest kind of folks I know! ^_^ >I'm glad to say that once Mike gets back on the digest I won't have to >feel teh need to fill these lists everyday! =) > HAHAH! FILL THE LIST! MUHUHAHAAH!! 596 K A Day! BWAHAHH! I'd get on the list with HOTMAIL, but this whole web-mail thing bothers me mucho endunos. As soon as I get back to work (or sell my SNES) kiddos, I'll be around to bother everybody status quo! ^_^ Mike "Damn You All To Hell, Franklin Richards!" Leffel Not A Prisoner Of The Liefeld "Blatant Character Ripoff" System of Thought ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 18:21:24 -0400 (EDT) From: Huge Pulsating Ever-Growing Brain That Rules From The Center Of The Ultraworld Subject: TMBG: Another Conquerer Returns Somewhat Victorious Message-ID: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It's sooooooo great to be back! Thank you, thank you, thank you... So! Since May I've lived through the most stressful two weeks of my life (the last week of May and first week of June- dealing with approaching exams and a huge choir concert that needed to be planned, choreographed, memorized, and rehearsed at the same time), broken up with my boyfriend (which mean that all marriage proposals will be looked at objectively from here on out and not immediately deleted), spent three weeks at camp being a counselor-in-training, and that's pretty much it... I've discovered the joys of classic rock (Pink Floyd! Led Zeppelin! Cream! Jethro Tull- thanks, Kirsten, the tape rocks soo much! Grateful Dead! Etc., etc.) and the pain of too many Floodies in a cabin- I think 7 among the 18 CITs and 4 in my cabin of 7 the third week of camp, including the counselor in charge. But Sarah and i knew *all* the lyrics, not just Particle Man and Istanbul. Whew! Well, just wanted to let you guys know I'm Baaaaa-aaaaaack and better than ever. What a day of reunions! Elitza Nicolaou The Huge Pulsating Ever-Growing Brain That Rules From The Center Of The Ultraworld can be reached at or Visit her at http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317/ When we are born, all humans are clueless, self-absorbed, and helpless. Most babies will grow out of it. Those who don't become managers. Oh yeah. I got a new SIG as well, with a camp-y new nick, which can be shortened to HPEGBTRFTCOTUW, and a Dilbert quote. :) It's great to be back! (And if you didn't notice, there actually _was_ TMBG content here, well shielded within the camp news.) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:37:26 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <199707232337.RAA09485@alpha.psd.k12.co.us> From: Dave Simpson Subject: TMBG: ***NON-TMBG*** LotharCo At 04:13 PM 7/13/97 -0400, you wrote: >Once again... > >DAVE SIMPSON!!!!!! Aah! Don't scare me like that! >What is LotharCo? I'm sure the people here who don't know what it is >subliminally want to know! Well, Drayco@aol.com figured it out. We've got a website at www.info2000.net/~lothar/, but it's far from complete and probably not worth looking at. >WHAT IS LotharCo?????? >Please answer in detail.... >PLEASE! Okay, okay. Jeez, I can't stand it when people grovel like that.. LotharCo is named after a viking character me and my friend Bryan made up. Lothar the Viking is his name, and he starred in a very awful home movie where Lothar (who is me) meets Helga the Amazon Woman (played by Bryan). They fight each other and some arab terrorist played by my friend Harlan. Also, both team up against the vicious hellhound and cut off its head. Think "Highlander" only worse. It's so bad it's funny. Back on track: After that, we decided to make more films (like Custodian Bob meets Mean Man Plumber or The Natural Enquirer). And we needed a name to put at the end of the movies, you know, after the credits and all? So after some deliberation, we decided upon LotharCo. Partially because of the viking and partially because it sounds a little like the word "lethargic" which we are. We now have two more, full-length movies in the works (that means were still thinking about them and looking for time to film) and that, as they say, is it. As for the signatures, I sat down one night and wrote out about 25 different "slogans" for our "company". Since it's not really a real company, and it's pretty disorganized and general, all (or most) of our slogans work. We've been adding new ones ever since. Suggestions are always welcome. We're situated in Fort Collins, Colorado (1 hour north of Denver) andmwe're all seniors in high school. Well, that's about it. > -Anonymous (it's not me!) Sure it isn't.. Dave Simpson LotharCo the secret's out and the authorities are closing in.. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:06:01 -0600 Subject: TMBG: A note about THIS LIST...bye Message-ID: <19970723.180454.3518.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:36:35 -0400 (EDT) Trippy writes: >At 15:22 -0000 7/23/97, I have no Name wrote: >>Okay, >>so everyone here's my proposal then: >> >>We have one day (even one day a month) where we all just post our >bootleg >>pages and that be that > >stop whining about the stupid bootlegs... people posting their bootleg >lists and such is probably the most useful thing on this list > >>I'm glad to say that once Mike gets back on the digest I won't have >to >>feel teh need to fill these lists everyday! =) > >you complain about people posting useful things, and then you openly >admit >that you're trying to "fill these lists", presumably with meaningless >drivel... > >do me a favor, stop filling the list... > >TRippy OKAY, AS I CAN SEE that some of you are in opposition to my trying to help you out and give you something to talk about (despite the number of people that told me the list was retarded without mike and vlad to do the above themselves) I have now UNSUBSCRIBED myself from the list. hmm... i'm sorry to have tried to help out and tried to have added something interesting to discuss. I guess i just assumed that because my posts did succeed in filling hte lists due to everyones responses, that you people actually had something to say about the stuff i was adding. If anyone needs or wants to talk to me you can reach me at TMBgirl@juno.com (only one g) Other than that... i'm sorry to have wasted your time with "meaningless drivel" i hope to see you guys on the next tour...nerf herder or THey take it easy, JOrdaN oh yeah, i guess I have one more thing to say... CHECK OUT MY FUCKIN BOOTLEG PAGE THAT HASN'T BEEN UPDATED IN FOREVER AT: http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199707240101.UAA01606@csrlink.net> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 20:06:43 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: A note about bootlegs I'd just like to clear up a little misconception certain people *cough* seem to be promoting. That 2:1 trading is newbie friendly. Really now. A person goes and buys 2 tapes, 2 mailers, and postage both ways. YOU spend 10 seconds starting the tape on the first side, 15 seconds flipping the tape and starting it on the second side, and whatever mailing it. Add to that the fact that the whole time a newbie is going through this process of buying, mailing, etc that they're scared they're gonna mess something up, and look like a fool to an established trader. Muchas pressure on them. You for ALL your trouble wind up with a free blank and end up looking like a god. If you really wanna do something to help someone, do what I and others do. Skip that 2:1, crap and give them 2:2. You do something that's actually nice for someone, you spread the good music of They, all it costs you is a little time. I know that there are others on the list who feel the same way, including one who helped me get my collection started. Anyway, I agree with Trippy's post that said "people posting their bootleg lists and such is probably the most useful thing on this list." Er, at least one of the most useful. Sorry about that, people who act like heros cause they 2:1 tick me off. What else? Oh yeah, I don't think They could have released NYC. I know they have done other covers, but both were from the 50s, am I right? Thinking about it, Cub is no more soooo, well I'm not sure what that helps. But I don't see why Till My Head falls off wouldn't make a good single. Sure you can't understand some of the words the first time, but geee, I instantly memorized Teen Spirit. Or something. Dylan "This isn't what I'm normally like, I'm usually a nice guy. Really" Flipse -Dylan "Brooklyn's Third Ambassador of Love" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 20:30:03 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970723202900_-2043377384@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Bootlegs Hello 41- I would like to add my little bit on this topic... 2:1's- I see no problem with these in the least bit. It benefits both people involved, and really isn't difficult. As with pressure on the newbie? I really don't see that. All you have to do is make sure you have the right kind of tape (which entails reading...not difficult) and possibly not sending the case in a padded envelope, which is also not difficult. And I know that the meanacing mail clerks who are also tough to deal with, but these are the rigors of tape trading. The person on the other end may have gone through a lot more stress if he recorded the show himself and had to sneak the recorder in, and be super-sleuthman with it all. Lists to the list- I also see no problem with this. A heck of a lot less TMBG related things go through these channels. People trying to expand thier TMBG (on the most part) collections is not a bad thing at all. Problem- The only problem I see in trading is people just wanting to make a profit from their trading. This is a bad thing that gives trading a bad name in some people's eyes. Adam ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 21:04:45 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootlegs Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 23-Jul-97 TMBG: Bootlegs by NitpickR@aol.com > 2:1's- I see no problem with these in the least bit. It benefits both > people involved, and really isn't difficult. As with pressure on the newbie? > I really don't see that. All you have to do is make sure you have the right > kind of tape (which entails reading...not difficult) and possibly not sending > the case in a padded envelope, which is also not difficult. And I know that > the meanacing mail clerks who are also tough to deal with, but these are the > rigors of tape trading. The person on the other end may have gone through a > lot more stress if he recorded the show himself and had to sneak the recorder > in, and be super-sleuthman with it all. benefits both people? I buy two tapes, spend the postage to mail three, and end up with one? How does that benefit me? (from here on, I'm not ranting at you specifically, just the whole idea in general) why 2:1 just because someone doesn't have anything to trade - or worse, they do have stuff to trade, but you don't *want* any of it... this is why I trade 1:1 (or 5:5 as is more often the case :). I have almost 60 bootlegs and am getting at least 15 more. For one, what would I *do* with all my extra blank tapes if I couldn't trade with anyone because I had almost everything? and also, everyone has to start somewhere. I started because someone was nice enough to loan me some of his tapes and let me copy them. I started with about 10 and traded for the rest, gradually. additionally, it is illegal to profit from these tapes as none of us holds the copyright on the music - I know that some of you are probably going to question the legality of the whole thing - it's not illegal. TMBG have all but endorsed the taping of their shows, and in venues where taping isn't allowed, they cannot do anything after the fact (the worst that would happen is *if* you're caught *while taping*, they can kick you out and confiscate the tape - most places prohibit use, but not possession - they can't do anything if it's turned off). But making a profit (whether it's money or tapes) is illegal. and I would like to suggest a web page for anyone brave enough (or with enough spare time) to maintain it - a list of bootleg traders who trade 1:1 for blanks. or perhaps the maintainers of the tmbbootlegs.home.ml.org page would like to place fields in the table to identify those traders who trade 1:1 for blanks. I will make a request, though, now that this whohle issue has come to light - I'm really bogged down at the moment with several trades (for blanks and other boots), and I'm moving in three weeks. Please don't email me right now about trading. Everyone who already has emailed me will be taken care of, but until further notice, all other requests will be denied... (but not permanently... I should be up and running again in mid August) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:24:51 -0400 Subject: TMBG: RE: jenny mccarthy show Message-ID: <19970723.222552.3366.2.stephsharer@juno.com> From: stephsharer@juno.com (Stephanie E Sharer) hey- to whoever asked about TMBG on the jenny mccarthy show-i heard the EXACT same thing from a totally normal (not crack head) girl who knows i am obsessed with tmbg. she said that she was flipping through the channels and tada there was john and john on the jenny m. show. DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS? i really want to see it!! still waiting for a poster!! ~Stephanie ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:48:04 -0400 (EDT) From: Huge Pulsating Ever-Growing Brain That Rules From The Center Of The Ultraworld Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: jenny mccarthy show Message-ID: Hey/hay, This really, really frightens me. not that there's anything *wrong* with Jenny McCarthy or anything... But seriously, folks, could they have stooped much lower that *that*? Oh. They could have done an MLB ad, never mind. ;) DISCLAIMER: The HPEGBTRFTCOTUW will not be held responsible for anything written in this e-mail message referring to Major League Baseball. If you're offended, too bad. Elitza Nicolaou The Huge Pulsating Ever-Growing Brain That Rules From The Center Of The Ultraworld can be reached at or Visit her at http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317/ When we are born, all humans are clueless, self-absorbed, and helpless. Most babies will grow out of it. Those who don't become managers. On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Stephanie E Sharer wrote: > hey- > to whoever asked about TMBG on the jenny mccarthy show-i heard the EXACT > same thing from a totally normal (not crack head) girl who knows i am > obsessed with tmbg. she said that she was flipping through the channels > and tada there was john and john on the jenny m. show. DOES ANYONE ELSE > KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS? i really want to see it!! > > still waiting for a poster!! > ~Stephanie > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-204 ******************************