Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-208 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 208 Monday, 28 July 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Mail Problems. Re: TMBG: Re: Signature suggestion TMBG: Poughkeepsie, one more time TMBG: Interp request TMBG: Re: SOLOMON GRUNDY??? TMBG: TMBG on Radio TMBG: 2/14 Irving Plaza show Re: TMBG: Misc. TMBG: TMBG TMBG: now i understand Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199707271918.PAA02437@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Mail Problems. Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:18:01 -0400 (EDT) We had some mail problems with people bouncing us wierd stuff. I also moved the machine to a new, slightly safer location over the weekend which threw off some of the timings. I believe starting with the monday morning digest that everything will be back to normal. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org System Administration - Network Design TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 01:03:29 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970726010329_619150009@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Signature suggestion How about this line from "Dead?" "I never apologized for when I was eight and I made my younger brother have to be my personal slave." Just a suggestion. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "You know when you're young, and you think your Dad's Superman? And then you grow up, and you realize he's just an ordinary guy that wears a cape." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970727223142.006709b0@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:31:42 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: Poughkeepsie, one more time Alrighty, Someone last Monday said they would call Ticketmaster and finalize if They were actually performing or not. Since that person has not written back to the list, I will call the New York Ticketmaster location tomorrow and find out what I can, unless that person posts something before hand. Actually, now that I think of, I'll call the location where They are supposed to play. Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "It's not a drug trip so you feel a bit insulted." - John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 16:35:46 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Interp request Message-ID: <19970727.163550.11750.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) You know, I've never heard an interp for Dead. What does it mean?? Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/index.html ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 12:44:03 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: SOLOMON GRUNDY??? Message-ID: <19970727.163550.11750.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) You know what's strange? I was in a music store the other day, and I mentioned something about They. He said he had heard of them, and said he always gets them confused with the Crash Test Dummies. Then he asked me if They sang MMMM MMMM MMMM MMMM. I said no, it was the Dummies. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/index.html ICQ #1337243 On Sun, 27 Jul 1997 13:02:15 -0400 Mark Beissel writes: >That would be "Superman's Song" by CRASH TEST DUMMIES, from the first >album "The Ghosts That Haunt Me". > ------------------------------ From: MrShow@aol.com Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:37:51 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970726213750_-89165245@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Radio I was at a resturant tonight and over the speaker the radio was playing on an oldies station and young Stevie Wonder was playing a song called Fingertips. After the song was over the DJ said "and that was Stevie Wonder with Fingertips, which is the title of an usual song by They Might Be Giants. Those guys are also the ones who gave us Ana Ng, thanks guys." Jake the doorman www.geocities.com/broadway/7824 <---my tmbg site members.aol.com/mrshow/muff.html <---my Muff site ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19970727221713.006d2c08@mail.ee.net> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 22:17:13 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: 2/14 Irving Plaza show Hey Listies, I'm back from Beyond The List to ask a small favor: If you or someone you know has a copy of the February 14, Irving Plaza show (the Valentine's Day New Song Massacre) please email me and let me know. I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks a lot. Evan Chakroff (P.S. send email to me, not the list, because I am not currently subscribed) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33DC0808.1833@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 20:46:32 -0600 From: Arnot Organization: Arnot Associates Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. tmbgdhutch@juno.com wrote: > > There is so much TMBG stuff out there that I got discouraged, and now I > am ending my quest to own everything TMBG. I will just enjoy what I > have, and settle for being less a fan than everyone else. The thing that > really got me: 60 BOOTLEGS!!! WOW! What a collection! You are > truly the master, and I also worship you because you trade 1:1. > > Well, here's some stuff y'all won't care about: > I recently hooked up our Stereo to our big screen TV via an audio patch > cable. > Now it is kick-arse Surround Sound, or as I call it, SenSurround. > 2x200watt max. speakers, 12" subwoofers. > 2x100watt max. Sony speakers, 8" subwoofers. > 2x20watt Bose speakers. > 2 speakers on TV > 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer on TV stand > 32" TV > It shakes my house! I watch the Video Compilation every day, many times. > It is an unbelievable experience. 11 speakers... > I don't listen to Them on CD anymore, because it just doesn't sound the > same... > > Oh yeah, I like 1:1 people better than 2:1 people. No offense, but they > are just nicer, and think of what the world would be like if everyone was > like that! > > Sorry, > It is NOT me, D. Hutch > > P.S.- If you want to come over and watch the Videos with me, call first. AAACK!!! where do u live?!?!! =) ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 22:56:49 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Message-ID: <19970727.225654.3710.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> Is it just me, or has the list been having delivery problems lately? I added a 2nd receiver and 2 more speakers (my own stereo!) to my TV system. Now I have 13 speakers (12 plus 1 subwoofer.) Next stop: TMBG actually playing an all-out concert in my living room. On the Thank You's for Soul Coughing's album "Irresistible Bliss", it says They Might Be Giants. Is this just cause Flans helped make a video for them? If so, why did they make a video before they even released the CD? And why not just put "Thanks to blah, blah, John Flansburgh, blah, blah...?" Did the whole band (both Johns) play a part in Soul Coughing's success? Thanks, (It's NOT me!) ((So don't even bother looking to see who wrote this!!!)) ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 13:30:45 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970728134357.34efa2d6@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: now i understand Labels for types of music really are so broad but this is how it goes with me .... pop is not really just commercial music any more and it's more a style i asociate with simple , memorable types of songs and the late 80's ... i don't think of pop as popular anymore as it's more a keyboard and simple guitar thing commercial is more what pop use to be ... something popular and mainstream ... in this respect anything can be commercial and if an artist sells its impossible to avoid the label ... alternative ... doesn't mean alternative any more as it's not a really altenative from commercial music ( most commercial music is now alternate) So when i use thes titles i mean themlike this ( there seems to be a bit of confusion ) So-man ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-208 ******************************