Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-215 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 215 Monday, 4 August 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: The Bobs TMBG: missing list? Re: TMBG: FS Review from MTV online TMBG: Lincoln Center TMBG: Re: Kit Kat Acoustic Break Re: TMBG: particale man TMBG: OMLT info (Not an update. Not affiliated with the OMLT TMBG: Knock Knock... listie here. TMBG: How Rude!!!??? Re: TMBG: The Bobs Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? TMBG: OMLTs.... Re: TMBG: Re: Kit Kat Acoustic Break TMBG: TMBG videos Re: TMBG: Knock Knock... listie here. Re: TMBG: How Rude!!!???: D'oh!!!! TMBG: Blockbuster Video TMBG: SPIN Online on AOL Re: TMBG: How Rude!!!???: D'oh!!!! Re: TMBG: Netiquette TMBG: Settle down, OMLT-lovers Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 04:05:40 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: The Bobs Message-ID: On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote: > >Ok, I'm a newbie to this list and all I gotta say is where the hell have > >you seen a They video? Certainly not on mtv.... > > No, you are quite correct. MTV has this thing where they refuse to play > TMBG videos... they do it purely to spite us. :) > --nicole the wonder nerd If you live in Canada or have a satellite dish, you can watch They videos on MuchMusic every once in a while. About a week ago, in fact, I believe they showed all of them back to back in the middle of the night (and I missed it, too! A friend told me about it . . . argh!). Jim -I could never type my post to the top, 'cause my java clock wakes me right up. And while my options menu whittled away, I struck a bargin with a mailing list SysOp.- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 12:12:17 -0400 Message-Id: <199708031612.MAA04979@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: missing list? Um.... What happened to the list? It's 11:00 central time, and I haven't heard a peep from the digest (from yesterday)... have I been ostracized??? Kris ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 12:51:59 -0400 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <33E4B72F.3F16@ameritech.net> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: FS Review from MTV online Amanda Nichols wrote: > > They Unplugged? Check out the Kit Kat Acoustic Break... they do > acoustic "Ana." > Amanda This may be a stupid question, but... how does one go about getting the Kit Kat Acoustic Break? ------------------------------ From: Joshua Fried Message-Id: <199708031807.OAA20551@escape.com> Subject: TMBG: Lincoln Center Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 14:07:11 -0400 (EDT) Dear Friends/Associates-- I'm sending this notice to a handful of friends and associates--if you receive more than one copy, or don't want mailings like this, my apologies. Let me know and I'll take care of it. I have TWO performances coming up at Lincoln Center-Out-of-Doors. On Saturday, August 9th during the day, a performance and demonstration of my instrument the MUSICAL SHOES. On Wednesday, August 13th in the evening, a performance of SPELL FOR OPENING THE MOUTH OF N, my collaboration with Douglas Dunn, featuring 8 singer/actors responding to headphones, and a dance company of 10. - - - Details follow: SHOE MUSIC performed by Joshua Fried HOMEMADE INSTRUMENTS DAY Saturday, August 9th, 1997 workshop/performance from 2pm-3pm, additional workshop 4:45-5:30 Admission: FREE Lincoln Center North Plaza, Broadway and 63rd Street Many other interesting homemade instruments also! - - - SPELL FOR OPENING THE MOUTH OF N Music: Joshua Fried Choreography: Douglas Dunn Design: Mimi Gross Lighting: Carol Mullins Text: Ruth Margraff SINGER/ACTORS: Paula Murray Cole, David Figueroa, Gretchen Krich, Tania Mara Miller, Laurence Rawlins, Marlene Tholl, Susan Thompson, Vanessa Walters... ...and DOUGLAS DUNN & DANCERS: Amy Baker, Janet Charleston, Derek Clifford, Georgia Corner, Grazia Della-Terza, Mark Drahozal, Douglas Dunn, Lennard Louissy*, Edmund Melville, Kari Richardson. *appears courtesy Dance Theater of Harlem Wednesday, August 13, 1997, 8:15 pm (Rain date: August 14th) Admission: FREE LINCOLN CENTER/DAMROSCH PARK BAND SHELL Amsterdam and 62nd Enter on Broadway or 62nd - - - Here are brief descriptions of the work: THE MUSICAL SHOES are made of four ordinary, upturned shoes mounted on stands. A pick-up is embedded in the heel of each shoe. Each pick-up is wired to a noise gate which releases a bit of any ongoing source material at the instant the shoe is struck; the source can be anything--from a voice to live radio. No digital sampling or MIDI is involved, but metaphorically Shoe Music turns the whole world into a giant sound sampler. I plan to have fun. SPELL FOR OPENING THE MOUTH OF N uses Headphone-Driven Performance, in which performers try to imitate pre-recorded vocals that are played over headphones. The performers have never heard these sounds before, and yet they are asked to reproduce the input as it happens--with every word, pitch and expression accurate and NO LAG TIME WHATEVER. This last requirement makes the task quite impossible and the result resembles a bizarre, dramatic, mostly indecipherable new language--even though the source material is, for the most part, plain spoken English. We like it. In SPELL... the distinctions between actor, singer and dancer (not to mention composer/choreographer) are blurred. We see metaphoric links between our "instructed" interactions on stage and the interplay of cultural values in contemporary society. The performance feels a bit like a ritual from the distant future or past, and there is a whiff of ancient Egypt. But perhaps most importantly, headphone-driven performance and other "instruction"-type techniques have enabled us to make an exploratory dance along the edges of language, narrative, intention and self-control. (SPELL FOR OPENING THE MOUTH OF N was made possible in part by the generous support of the National Endowment for the Arts, the New York State Council on the Arts, The Mary Flagler Cary Trust, the Harkness Foundations for Dance and private donations. The composer/choreographer commission fees were made possible by a grant from Meet The Composer's Composer/Choreographer Project, a national program funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts and The Helen W. Buckner Trust. Underwritten by the American Composer's Forum with funds provided by the Jerome Foundation ) - - - If you'd like more information, just send an email with, oh, just about anything in the subject line, and my brown-eyed 10-digit reply robot will send an automated response. Thanks for reading. Joshua Fried jf@escape.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970803111245.0068ecd8@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 11:18:37 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Re: Kit Kat Acoustic Break At 12:51 PM 8/3/97 -0400, you wrote: > >This may be a stupid question, but... how does one go about getting the >Kit Kat Acoustic Break? It's not a stupid question at all! :) The CDs are apparently only released to college radio stations, which means they are a major pain in the butt to get. I wrote the company that distributes them a few months ago, but I never got a response. :( If anyone knows of a place selling 'em, please e-mail the list. :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 15:15:29 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970803151525_748610621@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: particale man In a message dated 97-08-02 04:16:33 EDT, lanio@u.washington.edu writes: << There's a place for those who love their poetry It's just across from the sign that says, 'Pros only' -They Might Be Giants >> Did you ever think it possible that perhaps the line is a play on words? -not 'Pros only' but 'prose only' This short pun makes the song seem a little more cynical and rude but it makes more sense. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970803125238.006f4664@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 12:52:47 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: OMLT info (Not an update. Not affiliated with the OMLT >I am new to this list (just joined the other day) and I have seen a lot of >talk about these OMLTs. I feel like I am butting into somebody's >conversation, and I don't want to be the new person who says something >stupid, but what is an OMLT? A T-shirt? Can I get one? Correct! Tell her what she's won, Bob... *ahem* Sorry, don't know what came over me. Yes, an OMLT (I pronounce it "omlette", but then again I'm weird) is a T-shirt. It's the Official Mailing List T-shirt, and it's designed to be a way for us listies to recognize each other at concerts. (You see, right now (well, not right *now*, since They're not on tour, but anyway) the only way to find listies at concerts is to yell "LIST?!" very loudly, which does work but has the disadvantage of causing everyone around you back away slowly in fear.) Unfortunately I think it's too late to get one, although if you're not afraid of shameless begging you can try writing our own OMLT Goddess at Christy587@aol.com . --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Simulaneous events don't happen. We are isolated temporally."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Finger me for PGP key! carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 16:12:45 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970803161241_164052662@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Knock Knock... listie here. knock knock, who's there? Ima... 'Ima' who? Ima Tmbg-listie who is graciously requesting a OMLT-shirt. whooa, long name. and bad joke. ...but I'm for real. I am interested in an OMLT. I also missed the string with the information on the list. What is the design, what will the cost be, what can I do to help? A couple of quick suggestions... -They wont be touring for some time. -If possible, extra shirts could be made for future requests, or OMLTs could be made for every new tour. And design contests could be featured. The winner gets to coordinate the production... ok now I'm getting silly. Anyhow, sign me up? * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * --------------------------------------------- "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" - Arthur "You, ask a glass of water." - Ford ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 16:26:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970803162649_-1306389315@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: How Rude!!!??? The other day I was at a mall in Lancaster PA and I was wearing a TMBG shirt... the one with the drinking bird. I was at the sunglasses store and I bumped into a guy there who said, "nice shirt." I then replied with a rude remark to the man who'd just complimented me. I was in a bad mood and wasn't thinking clearly enough to recognize that this must be another cool TMBG fan like myself. By the time I realized it... the cool guy had vanished to do his shopping. I don't remember much about the mysterious fans appearance. However, the last thing he said to me remains in my mind. "I met them, you know, I met the band..." Who was this phantom? And why was I so rude to him? Can anyone know? Appearently I can't just apologize and let it go. I had to write this note. Why must I be rude? ~Andrew * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * --------------------------------------------- "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" - Arthur "You, ask a glass of water." - Ford ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 16:53:35 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970803165334_-1440799301@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: The Bobs << On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote: > >Ok, I'm a newbie to this list and all I gotta say is where the hell have > >you seen a They video? Certainly not on mtv.... > > No, you are quite correct. MTV has this thing where they refuse to play > TMBG videos... they do it purely to spite us. :) > --nicole the wonder nerd >> Weeeeell..........this ain't completely true. While MTV only RARELY plays TMBG, the fact remains that the 1st time I ever saw a TMBG video was on MTV's 120 min, when They hosted it, like, 3 or so years ago. It was Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head. And a friend of mine taped Birdhouse off of 120 min as well a few months later or something. We gotta give MTV some credit........but not much though. AnnA who's "always waiting where your eyes don't go" ------------------------------ From: BlueManJak@aol.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 17:45:16 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970803174512_1549581282@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? In a message dated 8/1/97 8:49:35 AM, you wrote: ><< I was thinking the other day (it's ok, i was supervised). Anyway, >I > was wondering what TMBG's most serious songs are. MOst of their stuff seems > to celebrate a kind of lightheartedness, a joviality that is part of not > taking yourself (or much of anything) very seriously. However, there have to > be soe serious songs out there, and I was wondering which ones you thought > were actually serious. > > I came up with a few: > > 1)Your Racist Friend > 2)I Blame You > 3)Unforgotten > > That's about all I could get that were *totally* serious. The > problem is in the Giant's style. They often mix the serious with the comical > (or at least ironic or fun or something), either in the words themselves or > by the contrast of the meaning of the song and its sound. For example, > "They'll Need a Crane" is about people breaking up, and parts of it are sad > and serious, but the treatment They give it has made several people refer to > it as "funny" (see current info club letter or tmbg.com). ALso, "I've Got a > Match" seems to be about the same deal... I think that perhaps They do this > intentionally in order to disempower the negativity of the subject of the > songs... to counteract their seriousness and make them easier to deal with. >>> > >I agree with that theory, Kris. That's what makes Their songs so comforting >to me--they are wonderfully whimiscal and lighthearted in many ways, yet the >subjects are (usually) too serious and cynical to dismiss as silly, >Pollyanna-ish fluff. As for totally "serious" songs, I would add "End of the >Tour" to the list--it always struck me as the saddest, most moving TMBG song >ever written. I know all about the car wreck/drunk driving interps, but I >like to think of it simply as a love song to someone who has died, and what >better metaphor for death for a musician than "the end of the tour"? > >Kay You just might want to add "The Bells Are Ringing" to the list, as well. Yes, I realize that it doesn't seem like it's that serious - but the song lyrics work very well as a kind of Bradburrian warning about the power of control. Just thought I'd throw that in. The Original Me (Andrew Cole) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 15:56:06 -0600 Subject: TMBG: OMLTs.... Message-ID: <19970803.155803.9414.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) Okay everyone here's the deal: -an OMLT is the OFFICIAL MAILING LIST T-SHIRT -ORDERING: you had to have been on the list around january or february at least (i think) to have ordered one of these and had the opportunity to submit a drawing as well as the opportunity to vote on one (which i sadly never did and thus have no idea what the shirt actually looks like...) -NEW LISTEES: My theory is that several of the listees that ordered a shirt are no longer on hte list or may have left for a short time in which case i'm sure that all of those OMLT's that go unclaimed would probably go to all of ye new listees. you could ask christy as i'm sure she would be MORE than willing to get rid of all the extra shirts "One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no,' I said, 'Disneyland burned down.'" ---Jack Handy http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: Insomneeak@aol.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 18:58:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970803185848_1694013777@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Kit Kat Acoustic Break i work at a radio station and if anyone wants copies of things such as Live in NYC or KitKat email me and we can work something out. Nick ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708032324.SAA22921@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: TMBG videos Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 18:13:52 -0500 The only They video I have ever seen is for Snail Shell. It was on (twice actually) right after John Henry came out. My dad saw the one for Istanbul, I think. I know he saw one and it had claymation in it. Which vid was this? Also, I know one place has been posted for this, but where do you get video compilations of They? And wasn't someone making one of videos and TV appearances? Blink, who after lurking for awhile has decided to be social "I don't have low self-esteem, I just have very little esteem for everyone else" Daria ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E53A4A.7818@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 19:11:22 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Knock Knock... listie here. YeahSpoon@aol.com wrote: > > knock knock, > who's there? > Ima... > 'Ima' who? > Ima Tmbg-listie who is graciously requesting a OMLT-shirt. > > whooa, long name. > and bad joke. > > ...but I'm for real. I am interested in an OMLT. I also missed the string > with the information on the list. What is the design, what will the cost be, > what can I do to help? > > A couple of quick suggestions... > > -They wont be touring for some time. > -If possible, extra shirts could be made for future requests, or OMLTs > could be made for every new tour. And design contests could be featured. > The winner gets to coordinate the production... > > ok now I'm getting silly. > > Anyhow, sign me up? > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > --------------------------------------------- > > "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" - Arthur > "You, ask a glass of water." - Ford Sign me up, too!!!! Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E53AAF.1E7E@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 19:13:03 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: How Rude!!!???: D'oh!!!! YeahSpoon@aol.com wrote: > > The other day I was at a mall in Lancaster PA and I was wearing a TMBG > shirt... the one with the drinking bird. I was at the sunglasses store and I > bumped into a guy there who said, "nice shirt." > > I then replied with a rude remark to the man who'd just complimented me. I > was in a bad mood and wasn't thinking clearly enough to recognize that this > must be another cool TMBG fan like myself. > > By the time I realized it... the cool guy had vanished to do his shopping. > > I don't remember much about the mysterious fans appearance. However, the > last thing he said to me remains in my mind. "I met them, you know, I met > the band..." > > Who was this phantom? And why was I so rude to him? Can anyone know? > > Appearently I can't just apologize and let it go. I had to write this note. > > Why must I be rude? > > ~Andrew Don't know who it was, my friend, but I'd find out and apologize if I were you. Just to be nice. Give us a nice Homer Simpson "D'Oh!" for the sake of it... Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970803162046.00688478@mail.awod.com> Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 16:23:46 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Blockbuster Video I'm cursed! I ordered TMBG: The Videos from Blockbuster Video around 5 weeks ago and it still hasn't come in! I checked 2 weeks ago and I was told the tape was coming from NY and would take a while. Today I was told the tape's coming from Philadelphia and would take a while. And I tried ordering it from the info club back in Jan. or Feb. and still haven't gotten a response! I guess I'm just not meant to get it for some reason. :P TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 20:23:43 -0400 Subject: TMBG: SPIN Online on AOL Message-ID: <19970803.202421.4398.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> I was browsing in Spin online, checking to see if they have and TMBG chats (saw John f. there) and I was checking through the sound files and Lo and Behold, I saw: TMBG: "Nothing's Gonna Change..." (301 Downloads) Soundclip of "Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes" from the Then collection by TMBG. I thought to myself "wow... that is cool..." I scrolled down some more and Dled "Kate" and Battle of WCCL by Ben Folds Five and then there was: TMBG "'Til My Head Falls Off" (402 downloads) Soundclip of "Till My Head Falls Off" from They Might Be Giants' record, Factory Showroom. I again thought "Wow! that is cool..." Just thought everyone should know that Spin cares... If you are on AOL and wanna DL these... then goto Keyword:SPIN and then Downloads and then SPIN online sounds... |------------------Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G-----------| | AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) | | "We don't especially identify with the [Power Rangers]... | |_________ Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell_____| ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:17:12 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970803211657_130355164@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: How Rude!!!???: D'oh!!!! In a message dated 97-08-03 20:45:22 EDT, you write: << Give us a nice Homer Simpson "D'Oh!" for the sake of it... Amanda >> Doh!... >>If the offended party is out there, please forgive me. ~Andrew * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * --------------------------------------------- "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" - Arthur "You, ask a glass of water." - Ford ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 3 Aug 97 23:32 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Netiquette two words aren't really that importatn >unless it's something like, "John's dead", in which case we really do need >to know two words. Actually, in that case, we'd need to know three words, because otherwise we'd be saying, "WHICH ONE?!!!" ;) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 00:47:15 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970804004714_2094673190@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Settle down, OMLT-lovers The Goddess returns... I just got back from a visit to my grandparents. We took a Circle Line boat tour around New York City and I saw nearly everything mentioned in the cub/TMBG song of the same name. (Not to brag.) Anyway, I was only gone two and a half days, yet I return to find (drumroll)... 27 freaking messages in my puny mailbox. Most of them are urgent pleas for an OMLT or requests for information. A very few are letters of thanks or encouragement (good to know somebody out there appreciates me... not like the rest of you undeserving clods. Just kidding, really... please, don't feel guilty just because I have spent more time on this project than the average person spends sleeping in their entire lifetime...) I really don't feel like responding to 27 different people, so here's one response for everyone. First: Be a friend-- rewind when you reach the end, and also, don't clog the list with OMLT info requests. Send to me personally: little.glowing.friend@tmbg.org or christi587@aol.com Second: OMLT= Official Mailing List T-shirt. It's white with a blue-green-yellow oval design and lettering on back and a small skull on the front pocket. I forget the address of the site showcasing the design, but I assure you it's quite tasteful. (Anyone remember the site address?) It will cost around 9 bucks not including shipping. Next: Bob did not call today, but I expect a call tomorrow. He has already told me, however, that once a design has been printed, it can be re-ordered any time in the future, and for no set-up fee. So don't worry if you miss getting one this time. Maybe, if I am feeling benevolent, I can coordinate another printing next year for new list members. In any case, I think that since there has been such a long delay, I will have to take some more orders from you people. If you want an OMLT and have not already ordered one, I will take orders for a limited amount of time. Send me e-mail containing ****ALL**** of the following information: Your name Your shipping address Your e-mail address Number and **SIZE** of shirts wanted Whether you think the OMLT Goddess is beautiful, witty, and intelligent (this is a very important part, do not omit!) Some of you sent me mail saying something like "Can I pleeze pleeeez order a shirt? I'd like XL. Thanks, bye." That doesn't count as an order. Send me mail acording to the above form or fuggetaboudit. Taking extra orders is making me grumpy, so you better do whatever I say. I hold your clothing destiny in the palm of my hand, chiquitas. Also, if you already ordered an OMLT many months ago, when you were supposed to do it... fer cryin' out loud, don't send me another one! I will not take any more orders after THIS THURSDAY. That's IT, the end. No more. OK? Be thankful I am giving you this little window of OMLTtunity. After that, I give the number of each size that is needed to Bob, and he goes to work. Last: For those who have already ordered a shirt... I know you are dying to send me your money (isn't everyone?). I hope to speak to Bob soon and finalize things. But since I have given the rest of the peons on the list a chance to order a shirt, this pushes things back for you a little. Since I have graciously deigned to take late orders until Thursday, I will not know until Friday how many orders there are, and thus how much each shirt will cost. So I will not be asking for checks until I know absolutely and for 100% certain what the cost is. You will get my address then. Deal with it. Well, I am tired and cranky, so that's all for now. I haven't had a chance to read my last few digests which collected while I was gone. I guess I'll respond to them tomorrow. I wonder how much of a stir that Impressionist Rock tirade caused while I was away, hee hee... --Christy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-215 ******************************